National Tyres and Autocare Reviews

56% of reviewers recommend National Tyres and Autocare
9PM
9PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact National Tyres and Autocare?

Tell us how National Tyres and Autocare made you happy

"Poor service, rude and overly pushy. Tried to push me into replacing 2 perfectly good tyres with lots of life left in them. I'd just had mot done and replaced a track rod end. Was only there for a wheel alignment. Complained to head office and they said they were sorry. Rubbish experience. Avoid."
Are you National Tyres and Autocare? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"price on line £58 price in depot £78. told by staff that its because you have to pay extra to have the tyres today. A complete rip off"
"My 2006 Agila was making an awful noise from the exhaust. Took it to my nearest National Tyres. They jacked it up, looked at the exhaust and said the bolts holding the exhaust to the engine were corroded. The mechanic said I needed a complete new exhaust? There was nothing wrong with the exhaust it was the bolts. They said It had to be a complete exhaust. The mechanic then phoned round to find the exhaust but could only find the back part but then found the front part from another place but delivery would take 48 hours. If it came in two parts why did i need the whole exhaust? He then said it would cost £248 (after 20% off) I asked him if he could do a temporary repair till the parts came in, he said no. Five minutes later I drove into another garage nearby. There a mechanic replaced the bolts for free. It took him ten minutes. I then looked on line for the exhaust parts for my car. The average price was around £70 for the complete exhaust. As National told me it would take less than an hour to replace the exhaust that meant an hours labour would have cost me £178. The moral of the story is...dont use National!!"
"AVOID AVOID AVOID. We took our fiesta for an MOT and service at Cambridge branch 17th April 2019. Left overnight in their care only to find a massive scratch on the drivers door (18th April 2019). They are denying all knowledge and saying it was already there!! They won't do anything. oh and they also overpriced a quote for tyres compared to a local outlet (approx 15%-20% mark up). They use a 'price match' as an excuse but clearly go in high the hoping people just don't check. Not nice. Partner is 7 months pregnant and I assume they thought she was an easy target. You've been warned."
"If there was a option for giving them 0 stars I would.The branch I visited was in Borehamwood.I went for oil change and MOT.I had appointment and when I went there I waited for 2.5 hours to finish the MOT.Then I was told that MOT is failed and they can't change the oil as they don't have it as well as the filter which I bought online with the booking and they supposed to have it(what if the MOT passed).The MOT was failed apparently because I needed to change front arm of my car.I went to garage for repair which cost me 150.The mechanic said to me that the part he replaced was in very good condition so no need of replacement.Next I went there again and told them that I have replaced the part which was totally fine.The guy there said just OK.He made me appointment for next week for oil change and MOT.I went there again and left the car with them.Then again 2 hours waiting and when i asked them how long for oil to be changed they said that are still waiting for it and should come any soon(two weeks already).Three times booked appointment and never got the job done.This place is total waste of time and money and very poor customer service.So definitely I would NOT going back there."
"Rude and moody attitude of their customer service team at their Watford branch."
"Super fantastic woking service and products"
"Ordered tyres online and found it easy and quick to use and book an available date to have them fitted. I booked the Egham branch and the service was excellent, will not hesitate to recommend them to friends and family."
"Quite the most dreadful service and attitude from the Staff at isle of Wight depot. Went in there with TWO problems and left with THREE. Would NEVER use them again."
"Absolutely excellent experience which can't be said for the majority of tyre companies. Online experience was a dream, free discount code applied and the local team fitted them perfectly A very happy chappy and I'll definitely be coming back, Thank you to all of the National Tyre team"
"Outstanding service all round. Made an appointment in advance, so no waiting around. They finsihed the work in good time and the prices are competitive too."
"Rouge traders..I was quoted for Pirelli tyres he did not tell me which one he was installing and it was my mistake that I did not ask him which type within Pirelli tyres he was quoting me for.. He installed the cheaper version of the Pirelli tyres which cost £115.33 which is on the national (SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON) while he quoted me for Pirelli winter tyres which are £190 so for 2 tyres it will cost £380 but he then gave me a discount of £30 !! so did it for £350. But in fact they ripped me for a total of £120 so in effect I would have got an additional tyre..I would never go anywhere close to these guys again...they will rip you off for anything...Ross is the guy who did this, so if he quotes anything search and double check before you commit. My mistake was I did not search and trusted the gentleman for what he quoted but in reality he defrauded me for 120£.. See for yourself the receipt and their own website.. when chatting with their rep asking abt price match then they start making a story that the one on website is different to what I have been quoted for.. while the tyre fitted and the receipt all say it is the SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON... the tyre itself says its SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON.. bunch of liars National tyres...I would not go to any branch of National tyres its a big scam..."
"Trustpilot reviews Categories My Reviews My Settings Help LOG OUT Alternate Text Bob GB For companies Overview Reviews About National Tyres and Autocare Logo National Tyres and Autocare Reviews 23,830 • Great Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 Reviews Excellent 72% Great 17% Average 4% Poor 3% Bad 5% Filter by: Bob Bob 1 review Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 Updated a day ago Booked online £45 with oil filter Booked online £45 with oil filter. At appointment, they did not have the correct oil so they would have used any oil which long term causes head gasket failure. Had to wait 2hrs for correct oil delivery to store.. Grumpy staff reaction to my desire to confirm oil was to Ford Spec. After doing oil change the price had gone up to £53+vat for the correct oil. Rubbish service; rip off web/in-store price differentials; uninterested in doing correct job. Cannot recommend. The manager called me 'ignorant', because I would not accept a different in-store price to web price. After I sat quietly for 10 minutes inviting them to call the police over my refusal to pay, the manager back down and gave me a £45 invoice. Disappointing & dishonest incompetent service Reply from National Tyres and Autocare A day ago Dear Bob, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have logged this matter under reference 135, and would appreciate if you could contact us at complaints@axlegcc.co.uk and provide us with your full name, contact details and vehicle registration number to allow us to look into this matter. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Kind Regards Emma Tom 3 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 4 minutes ago Verified order Service cancelled by telephone with… Service cancelled by telephone with fitting branch because delivery was late so wouldn't be fitted in time for MOT, told refund would be made still waiting two weeks on. Mr Sean F 1 review Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 11 minutes ago Verified order Straightforward and efficient. Straightforward and efficient. Peter W 8 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 21 minutes ago Verified order I have not previously purchased tyres… I have not previously purchased tyres online. The experience of buying the tyres and booking the fitting appointment was excellent, with a easy way to filter the tyres to my requirements. So next week I will see how the rest of the process works! Mr Haizal 1 review Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 43 minutes ago Verified order It was very good and helpful staff It was very good and helpful staff, good job,thanks George (Surrey) 5 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 An hour ago Verified order Biggest room at this depot is the room for improvement! Online purchase on 7th Jan 2019 with fitting booked for Weds 9th Jan 2019 0830-0900 hrs. When the depot opened at 0830 hrs I drove my vehicle into the fitting bay. I was approached and asked what I wanted. I explained I had made an online purchase for two tyres and had come to have them fitted. I was instructed to reverse my car out of the fitting bay as there were two other customers awaiting attention. I complied. Another customer drove his vehicle in. I observed discussions having ensued. A commercial van arrived and its tyres examined. With both vehicles no tyres or other parts were fitted. I approached the rep again and asked when I might be seen. I was advised about 10 minutes - at this point I had waited about 30 minutes and my alloted time slot had thus lapsed. I then drove my vehicle into the fitting bay when it became vacant. I waited in the cold reception whilst the tyres I purchased online were fitted. After a brief drive home and having allowed the tyres to become cold, I cleaned the mess left on my alloys. I checked the tyre pressures - O/S/F OK @ 30 lbs but N/S/F was 37 lbs. So I had to adjust and re-check the pressure. National's Customer Code of Conduct states that "We will give you prompt and courteous attention and our very best workmanship". On this occasion the attention was not prompt or courteous (curt more descriptive) and the workmanship was rather worrying. Differential in tyre pressures unforgiveable. Peter 2 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 An hour ago Verified order User friendly site for 75 years old To be able to specify tyres, order them, fix the fitting location, day and time, AND PAY LESS! It's a no brainer From years experience, I expect excellence service from the Tregolls centre Catherine Matthews 3 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 2 hours ago Verified order Painless experience Painless experience. The time allotted for fitting was fore filled. Great tyre and great service. Mr Martin Farrell 1 review Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 2 hours ago Verified order Easy to book and pay Easy to book and pay, used National before and never had any problems. Mr H 1 review Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 2 hours ago Verified order Let down by the basics The booking via the website was quick and easy and email confirmation was sent within seconds of payment booked mobile service for Saturday morning great I thought. The very next day NTS text me and ask me to ring them, So I did I was then told that they needed to rebook as the mobile fitter was to busy that day this is despite the day being available online and the email confirmation confirming this. Why can you not manage your bookings? Why accept the booking and then cancel as you must have known you fitter was busy before taking the booking on?? you have got the basics wrong, you sold the world and then failed to deliver NOT GOOD SERVICE. Now I have to rearrange my week to fit around you when I’m the customer!!!! Mr Paul Creechan 4 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 3 hours ago Verified order Booking an MOT Straight forward, very easy to use. Elaine Taylor 3 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 3 hours ago Verified order Never ordered tyres on line before Never ordered tyres on line before I had choice of fitting centre and a time slot to fit new tyres easy to follow steps to place order Mr ADRIAN Harris 1 review Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 3 hours ago Verified order Very professional service Very professional service. Ordered tyres online and booked to be fitted the next morning. They didn't have the ones I ordered they contacted me straight away to offer an alternative. Excellent customer service. WMH 3 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 3 hours ago Verified order Read your tyre offer on line and called… Read your tyre offer on line and called into depot to replace 2 tyres. Was told its an online offer only and if I wanted them fitting on my visit, the would charge in excess of £60 more for the same job? The attitude of staff was of embarrassment however positive and helpful. In the event of receiving no feedback, then I understand that you do not read or react either way when the customer offers their time and effort to share experiences GE 8 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 4 hours ago Verified order National Tyres - Ormskirk Professional, fast, efficient ordering, delivery, fitting of tyres I ordered online and fitted at the Ormskirk branch. Highly recommend Ormskirk branch staff - all are a credit to your organisation. ALFRED Ord 2 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 4 hours ago Verified order Staff went out of there way to help my… Staff went out of there way to help my son, thanks to you all. MR PATRICK BRAND 2 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 4 hours ago Verified order No trouble at all booking on line No trouble at all booking on line Customer. M. COPP 2 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 6 hours ago Verified order Booking online. Easy to book online. Reply from National Tyres and Autocare 5 hours ago Dear M.Copp, Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you found our website easy to use. Kind Regards Emma stephen johnson 3 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 6 hours ago Verified order great prices and easy online ordering Online order very straightforward. Excellent value, best prices online. Reply from National Tyres and Autocare 5 hours ago Dear Stephen, Thank you for leaving a review for us. We are pleased to hear that you found our website easy to use when completing your order, whilst taking advantage of our online savings and discounts. Kind Regards Emma Chris 2 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 6 hours ago Verified order Excellent service from the staff Excellent service from the staff Reply from National Tyres and Autocare 6 hours ago Dear Chris, Thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to hear of the excellent service that you have experienced from the staff in one of our branches. Kind Regards Emma Mrs. Shelton 3 reviews Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 6 hours ago Verified order Very easy and good prices Very easy and good prices Reply from National Tyres and Autocare 6 hours ago Dear Mrs Shelton, Thank you for leaving a review for us. We are pleased to hear of your recent experience and look forward to seeing you in branch soon. Kind Regards Emma TrustScore 8.8 / 10 How we calculate a company's TrustScore. Trustpilot Choose country United Kingdom About About Jobs Contact Blog Press Community Trust in reviews Support Center Log in Sign up Chrome App Businesses Trustpilot Business Products Plans & Pricing Business Login Follow us on Privacy Policy Terms & Conditions User Guidelines System status © 2019 Trustpilot A/S. All rights reserved."
"Excellent work and customer service from Denim Wade and Samuel Rogers at Woking National Tyres. Very informative, friendly sociable assistance and an education on actually seeing the work done. Also, as I am an interested kind of chap, the guys fully explained the process and things to look out for in tyre care and best driving techniques. Will certainly come back for repairs and/or new tyres when needed. Great service."
"Good price when you buy online compared to walk in price. And you can sometimes use a discount code for extra savings."
"Very efficient, well organised, polite & friendly."
"Bought tyres online and had them fitted locally, excellent friendly service"
"Very good service"
"Two brand new Barum tyres fitted on August bank holiiday 2017. Recently returned to national for puncture repair to nearside front. It has just been pointed out to me that I have an illegal tyre on nearside front now and it does not match Barum. I have locking wheelnuts. Disgusted."
"Discounted tyres via website , friendly staff ."
National Tyres and Autocare is rated 3.22 based on 27 reviews