iD Mobile Reviews

7% of reviewers recommend iD Mobile
9PM
9PM

Tell us how iD Mobile made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Over a week
"Id Mobile is a company under Carphone Warehouse I believe. I googled Samsung Galaxy 10 plus deals and came across a deal through USwitch (who take no responsibility for companies they get money from to promote their services I now know). If you look at my review of DPD Parcel you get some background. I bought said phone from Id Mobile 2 weeks ago this past Tuesday online. Phone was guaranteed to be delivered within 24 hours. I paid £99.99 upfront. It was late on Tuesday when I bought so was fine when I received email from this company informing my phone would be delivered on the Thursday. No phone delivered. It was delivered the following Monday but by then I had had enough of I'd and had cancelled the phone early Monday previous to this past one. I phoned I'd on the Thursday my phone did not arrive and I was told their systems were down and could not help me. I phoned again the following Saturday and was told the same. I phoned on the Sunday and the lady I spoke to was bewildered when I told her I had phoned previously and was told their systems were down. She told me they were not. Then she told me should not help me as it was Sunday and DPD Couriers were closed. So I phoned on Monday and after being passed around the 3rd person told me he was soooooo sorry and he would personally handle my account from now on. I told him to cancel phone and give me my money back. He assured me I would have my money back into my account within 5 working days. Then Tuesday a woman phoned me to discuss my complaint and I told her I was exasperated. I just want phone cancelled and money back. She told me once they received phone back for me to look at my account and once phone is noted returned I can request my money back and it will take between 5-7 working days. I never opened an account as I never received the phone. They were very quick to take my money but so much work to get it back. Read reviews about this company. I am not alone ET! UPDATE:Here is their reply: Hi Jim. Thank you for getting in contact. We apologise for the situation that you described on your post. We've already raised the details of your issue to our senior Customer Service team to investigate how this problem could have been avoided. We can confirm that your account is disconnected following the return and whilst you may receive a bill for the time the account was active, no payment would be expected for this, as it will be cleared due to the return. We're also disappointed that the initial delivery was delayed in reaching you causing this situation to materialise. It seems the item arrived in Aberdeen on Thursday but not in time for it to be sent out for delivery. We can't see any reason why it wasn't delivered at the next available opportunity on Friday but ultimately, this information doesn't help. We believe the actions taken today will resolve this complaint in full but if there is anything more we can do for you, please let us know. Kind Regards Philip iD Mobile. UPDATE: Still no word from them about the £99.99 I paid upfront and I have emailed them after ther response to my review. Bad company!!! Reply from iD Mobile 12 Apr 2019 HiJim, we'd like to find out what's happened to cause this issue and what needs to be done to get it sorted. You've said that the phone was delivered on Monday but there's no information about when it was sent back to us. This is where we'll need to continue to work to put this right for you. Can you please send us the details to socialqueries@idmobile.co.uk Kind Regards Philip iD Mobile UPDATE: Received email 12.4.18 from Id telling me my £99.99 initial deposit would be in my account 3-5 working days. It is the 27th of April and my money has not been returned. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!!"
Are you iD Mobile? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I have never ever had a contract with iD mobile actually never heard of them , i have been with o2 for years , but today i received an email from iD mobile stating they were sorry i was leaving , and they would be sending my last bill . What is going on .?"
"Absolutely awful cut off internet for 5 days without giving any notice until I rung up and asked then they told me...multi million pound company forgetting to send out "planned maintenance" messages to its users....sums them up really, the truth is they just lie to their customers. Really do yourself a favour and avoid them, impossible to get hold of and awful signal."
"UPDATE on iD Mobile. They NOW say there is ANOTHER bill to pay AFTER my CONTRACT ends. So my solicitor is now on to this one too. They should be shut down and FORCED to pay MILLIONS back in COMPENSATION to Customers. Is no one from offcom reading these reviews that can step in and SHUT DOWN iD ????"
"Simply avoid. Bad coverage and it seems like an impossible task to cancel the account. I have cancelled my account twice and it is still not cancelled. Absolutely dreadful!!!!"
"MINUS 1 STAR. BEWARE IF THEM !!! They STOLE £30 from my bank in Match of this year despite the monthly plan only being £15. My bsnk ststements clearly show £15 paid in every other month and £30 in March STOLEN . I have TRIED several times to get an explanation but the live chat line seems to think it is all a game and played silly number letter games this afternoon and ILLEGALLY asked for SECURITY RISK DETAILS that no cpmpany should be asking over the internet. Solicitor is now taking action and police is considered for the THEFT OF MONEY. STAY AWAY FROM id mobile !!!. Read the dozens of reviews about their similar scams to customers. !!!"
"Dreadful company. Easy and helpful UK call centre when they are luring you into a contract. Once you have a query or want to leave you have to deal with their South African call centre who are rude, aggressive and dish out wholly incorrect information. Deeply regret signing up with id mobile. Avoid avoid avoud"
"This is a terrible company that will rob you and force you to stay with them and will try and cost you more money I rang up the I.d mobile to find out that it’s costing me to call them as well as akilla one of the so called managers laughed at me after they found out it was costing me money which is bad service inits self as well as they will not try and help you if you are loyal they just want your money further more they kept me on the phone for a hour so that cost me even more money I find the disgusting and disgraceful I will never recommend I.d to any one at all and I will keep telling people how bad this company is"
"The worst network and customer service ever. We got a monthly rolling contract in Carephone warehouse and suddently started receiving astronomical bills for data going over allowance. They failed to cancel the contract on several occassions and started billing us for contracts we thought were already cancelled, and even though we paid what we were advised was outstanding we still ended up with defaults on the credit score because they failed to update to information!!!! Peak of incompetence"
"Hello all. Well where do I begin. I have used ID for 3 or 4 years. Everything was good. The phone did everything I needed. Now part of the service isn’t working properly. I have 2 phones. 1 for work and 1 for personal use. It’s the works phone where the problem is. I work for an adult site and well simple really the phone blocks that I’m not over 18. I wish lol I more than 3 times over lol. Get rubbish messages sayin to get in connect with provider. Which I have done serval times and yes you have guessed it. ........6 months later. Still not sorted. Please have a laugh. I got told I need to send phone back before they give me a code to release number. ........ how are they going to give it me? Oh and I need to pay till end of contract. I’m waiting for a phone back to tell me what is going to happen..............F**k all. Forgive me. Something will happen. I will have to go out and get another contract with someone else. From reading a lot of reviews it seems like every single one of us is out of pocket one way or the other. Anyone reading this just a bit of advise. If you want to lose money go for it, but like everything else. Shop around first."
"After only one payment of a 24 month contract. My contract payment has already gone up by 2.5%. Absolutely disgusting I can't believe how a company are allowed to legally do this. Advice don't go to this company"
"Only been with them a few days. Downloaded the app. But has never let me in, saying Security Warning. Unable to establish secure connection. Took it to the Carphone Warehouse shop but they couldn't help. Tried to speak to customer services and that was a waste of time too. However they are very good about telling you when they will bill you. I've had numerous texts and e mails about that subject. I'm on a sim only rolling monthly contract so at least can leave."
"Utterly hopeless company, please do not make the mistake I made by signing up with them, even on a rolling contract. Their coverage is abysmal - postcode signal checker is a work of fiction. Now they are refusing to provide me with a pac code to port my number to a better supplier, claiming for 'technical reasons' it will take 48 hours. Appalling customer service."
"Having ordered another phone to upgrade I was told I couldn’t keep my own number I had to send that back and order another one through my previous account. The phone was returned it took several calls to establish where to send it but it was through dpd. I have a cancellation email and an email to say that it arrived and was signed. I have been constantly been sent email and telephone to pay the bill even though I have contacted their customer services many times. The people who phone cannot deal with anything other than getting payment they keep phoning and I continuously phone the customer service and it’s very difficult to get anyone to answer the call. And it goes on!!! They don’t deal with the call or give you the correct information. Very poor service!"
"I would give zero stars to this joke company if l could. DO NOT take out anything with them! Took out a contract with them for my daughter then when the contract was up l called to cancel but they kept billing me. I explained to them & they won’t listen, instead all they say is if you don’t pay we will leave a mark on your credit file. Worst company ever. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY."
"This review is not for their phone service , but more for their customer service and lack of compassionate compensation. A third party called them by phone pretending to be me , with my limited security details ( name , address, phone number , and e mail address ) , all fairly easy to get hold of and use over the phone. They then allowed then to clear security and initiated a new sim card into their handset. These fraudsters then contacted my bank pretending to be me , and said that they could not access their online banking ( which of course was mine ) and the bank then said that they would send a new access code by text , which of course went to the fraudsters handset. this then allowed them to access my bank account and steal several thousands of pounds. Although my bank have since refunded this money , I have been put through a complete nightmare of a whole week including several trips to carphone warehouse on the instructions of ID mobile , several trips to my bank , hours and hours of phone calls , and hours and hours of setting up new passwords online. ID mobile have said that they have investigated the telephone calls and yes it was not my voice on them , but say that they have acted correctly in security ( clearly not in my eyes as had they asked questions that only i know , then it would not of been accessible) and have since offered me a pathetic gesture of goodwill of £100 which taking into account petrol , time , wasted phone calls etc ... should equate to at least 5 times that amount. I am now warning others before taking out a contract with ID mobile that you should be wary of doing so as their security questions are not adequate and you could then put yourself in a position that you could have your data breached, and i am now cancelling all of my families contracts with them as i can not afford for this to happen to me again , the stress levels have been enormous , and now the worry that it could happen again is still there . So any potential customers please take this as a warning"
"Customer service is horrendous like I have never dealt with people like this....they don't even even try and hide the fact they don't give a **** But the sales department are great haha they lure you in then you have to deal with a South African call centre that can barely understand you and are rude."
"Ordered new phone, didnt arrive when said, couldn't rearrange to deliver, cancelled, still not got any satisfaction, they've debited my account twice - call centre in South Africa and they have no idea what they are doing there. They clearly dont understand whats happened despite me speaking with at least 10 different people. I just want a Manager in the UK to take ownership and sort this debacle out .. Im furious - customer service is a shambles."
"Over a yet period my daughter used 250mb per month out of her 2gb allowance, then apparently in 1 day she used 12gp costing us £90! Was total rubbish and when disputed it was “we are right and you are wrong” nothing I could do about it! She’s 9 and plays on silly games in the house connected to ir WiFi! Recommend you avoid this company!"
"I cannot fault iD. I was on GiffGaff because it is cheaper but, you don't have the luxury of customer services to call. iD customer services are brilliant. I've been with a few different networks and I have to say they're the best, so far. They're quick and efficient. The app is great too! And they're not expensive, they're cheap. I got the Nokia 2.1 for £9.99 with 250 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb of data. I have since changed my tariff to unlimited texts, calls and 2GB of data for 15.99. Amazingly cheap! I cannot fault them. I would highly recommend those with a poor credit score (like me) to go with them but ensure you go for a cheaper phone. I love the Nokia 2.1 and I will upgrade to the latest one, when my contract is up. Thanks iD :)"
iD Mobile is rated 1.29 based on 90 reviews