iD Mobile Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend iD Mobile
10PM
10PM
Telephone, Live Chat

How would you rate iD Mobile ?

"Similar to Laura below: I paid a severance charge in June 2018 in order to terminate my contract with ID Mobile - after a catalogue of issues with them over the previous (unhappy) few months of my contract. In September, I realised that they had continued to debit my account. When I raised this with ID Mobile, they have fobbed me off and refused to refund the money that they owe. Taking money for a contract that they know categorically had been cancelled and failing to admit and refund their error, to me is theft or at best, barefaced corruption. I can’t believe they think they can get away with it. Again, I agree, avoid this company like the plague."
"Would give 0 stars if I could. To keep this short and sweet. I cancelled a contract with ID after a month. Since then I had no bills until 6 months later when I got a debt collection letter. My credit score is now in tatters and they are refusing to accept that I cancelled my contract but then still paid the debt. Now they won't so I the credit off my report. Whatever you do avoid this company like the plague. I'm asking for a letter of deadlock and taking them to the small claims court. If anyone else wants there input and has also had a similar experience please contact me, as I'm needing proof of others in the same situation."
"Lost my SIM, website said to either pay £5 at Carphone Warehouse if it was urgent, or otherwise contact Chat who will arrange for one to be sent within 2-3 days. No one is available on chat, tried for nearly an hour. Other option given is to call helpline. Spent over half an hour on hold, for a rep who sounded asleep to tell me that the only option is to go pay at Carphone Warehouse, they don't send replacements for anything lost or stolen. I had him cancel my contract at that point, I'll find another sim."
"I requested that my old mobile number be "ported" on the 24th august, on the understanding this would take a maximum of 2-3 working days. 3 days later my old number was semi -ported in that when making an outgoing call to someone their phone would show that they had received a call from this old number. However if they tried to ring that number the call would not go through, they would just be told that the number was unavailable. So basically I have not been able to receive ANY CALLS either on my new id mobile phone number or my old number. I have wasted countless hours on the phone ringing day after day about the problem only to receive polite but empty apologies and assurances the matter would be sorted out by the end of the day while in fact nothing whatsoever is done"
"RIP off looks like a good deal but in reality the most expensive I’ve ever been on. Can’t wait fir my contract to finish"
"I don't use much apps or internet or 'data' usage and my billing per month seldom exceeds the rental (appr .£13). However, inexplicably, four months out of fourteen, each cost around eighty pounds. I have asked for a breakdown of my billing but always receive a short ,bland reply. I was poorly attended to by the shop assistant and was not told about 'capping'. Can't wait to finish my contract."
"Changed over to id a couple of months ago. Kept my number. Bit by bit the services started falling apart. I wasn't receiving phone calls and texts from other networks. Thought it was my phone so i reset it. Couldn't install any apps as i wasn't receiving verification codes. I am having to ring everyday for update to solution as wait for it, the network itself cannot ring me as call won't connect!!!!! A joke. The worst thing is the call centre which every company running in this country has. It is abroad. They can barely communicate and are following a script. Only been with id couple of months. Left virgin mobile because of the shocking disgusting way customer services treated the customers. No one took responsibility. I was pushed from pillar to post. I was lied to. You are always doing the chasing. They blatently lie and say they will do things and they dont because no one checks on phone calls. I feel the same is happening with id. Time will tell and there is no urgency to resolve my problem. Happy to take my money but you dont get any service or help just aggro. Bring back UK call centres!!!!!"
"Absolutely horrendous. I have experienced a dozen issues with this company and whenever I try to contact them for a resolution they say "sorry but there is nothing we can do" even when there bloody is. I've spent countless hours arguing with them. I even put in a complaint and even that was pointless. It resulted in a call at 8pm from a sketchy sounding operative with children in the background who promptly asked for all of my personal details with no introduction (maybe he did but I couldn't understand him. After half an hour of security questions he moved on to my complaint and said "Sorry but there is nothing we can do". And that really ticked me off. I will never use this company again for as long as I live."
"Coverage is really bad"
"I applied for a SIM only deal from ID Mobile on Monday 13th August but received an email on 15th telling me that my order had been cancelled as I had failed the internal security checks. When I phoned ID Mobile I was told that I should check my Credit Score with Equifax, which I did and was told by Equifax that my Credit was rated as "Excellent”. I phoned ID on the assumption that there has been some error when checking my credit score but was told that ID don’t make mistakes! The telephone people were particularly unhelpful and refused to give let me speak to their managers or indeed give me details about their managers or line managers, something which I find very difficult to comprehend."
"Moved my number over and it cant receive calls from anyone on Vodafone. Cant get anywhere with them, they keep telling me to call Vodafone, who cant deal with me because I'm not their customer. Every time I call its 5 working days for a response. Then when I dont get the response, its 48 hours for them to chase the response. Been going on for 9 weeks now. I've had this number 20 years and its in adverts, they wont let me leave without a massive penalty. I cant get anywhere, I wish I'd never heard of id mobile."
"Having problems and can’t help me in store. Called customer services who still couldn’t solve my problem so I am at a loss as what I can do. Going to cancel I’d and go elsewhere."
"Worse of the worse company I've come across my life, rude and fraduster of a company, avoid at all costs"
"Poor customer service. Had 2 mobile accounts, never ever have I dealt with a company as poor as this! Still trying to charge for an account that has been inactive for almost a year!"
"Using them for a few months now. I have had issues with them but their customer service makes up for these issues. Che the person that served me over the phone was exceptional. He changed my plan, got me a better deal and I went back on to the network as I initially cancelled my contract. Thanks Che"
"I was pushed into a sim plan at two years ago and they have been draining me dry ever since. I had an anxiety disorder of which I told the man, so as to let him know why I would nod instead of give a full sentence answer because speaking in public made me feel like I wanted to throw up. He accpeted this and proceeded to push me into a sim plan I did not (and never did) need. I was so flustered I started having a panic attack on the shop floor and he calmed me down (little to my knowledge he had already put through the order for the sim plan as he had my details because I was also there buying a cheap phone.). I did not (and never have had) the money to pay £6 a month for TWO YEARS. And they give you no way of leaving the contract (unless you want to pay the full price of staying int he contract??) I was finally ale to cancel it today as the standing charge of quitting was now just £8.48, but it took me 30 minutes on the phone to do this, and was told they could not send me any confirmation of what was going on!!! I had to email someone else and wait for their reply to see if I am ALLOWED to receive a confirmation email of my account being cancelled. Absolute rubbish. Don't ever enter a contract with them."
"Been using them for over 2 years now. Never had a problem with them. Great deals when upgrading even with SIM only plans."
"Did not send me a sim card with my phone i couldnt use it and when I phoned them they said that they will send me one I never received anything, poor customer service i am still paying now for something i cannot use. PLEASE AVOID this company"
"No signal in my home. Never had this with any other network. Receiving or sending texts or making or receiving calls thus impossible. Poor signal everywhere else."
"Too many 'dead' areas. Wife had heart attack and no service at Hospital except at the main entrance. Doro phone useless. Losses charge in hours. The whole system is not what we wanted and we would like to leave this contract. Cannot trust this to work in an emergency when we holiday in The Lakes. Really sold a pup on this one."
iD Mobile is rated 1.21 based on 48 reviews