iD Mobile Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend iD Mobile

How would you rate iD Mobile?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

20 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
P Patel

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about iD Mobile in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I wish there were minus stars to give this company. I ordered a sim in August, they took all my details. Sim never arrived, but they started charging me and took money out of my account. Complained and they refunded me, but they would not cancel the contract. Only way to cancel the contract was by speaking to Retentions. But when you try to speak to Retentions, you are put on hold. Having spent best part of 2 hours holding, I wrote to them. Reply to say they will respond within 2 days. Nothing. I spoke to my bank and cancelled the direct debit. So now they have me marked with the Credit Agencies as a bad debtor and I have "Defaulted". Worst communications company ever! Worst customer services. Only interested in grabbing your money and running. Very surprised as they are part of Car phone warehouse. I am now in process of take matter further to clear my name as it is messing up any Credit I apply for. DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANYTHING. Steer clear."
"Update from previous email! Called into Carphone warehouse in Currys in Newry, spoke to David who was very helpful and understanding 10 out of 10 for Customer Service skills David. I rang ID customer service to ask if they could change my dads number hoping that this would stop the numerous nuisance calls received every day. Their suggestion was to get a crime number or pay £ 25, unbelievable, they want me to waste PSNI time to register a crime number. Reza if you are a manager, please act like one and use your discretion. Talked to both you and Jocelyn, felt like I was talking to a machine, absolutely no help whatsoever, please attend a course on providing an acceptable Customer Service, your skills in my opinion are disgraceful."
"No coverage at my address due to misselling. They have agreed to waive contract but I now have a bill for £159.71 and no-one who can exchange emails in English can tell me if this will be taken by direct debit"
"Took out a 24 month contract at £13.99 pm for my elderly father in June 17. Since October the direct debit has steadily increased even though the phone is only used by family members sending messages to my dad. However every day he receives numerous calls from non UK numbers, I.e Ascension Island, Liberia and Seychelles, we continually block these numbers however that does not stop the calls as the callers follow up with a different number. ID have now charged us for ringing premium numbers when we have not in fact rang any of these numbers. I have contacted ID by email and phone to try and resolve, I have also called into Carphone warehouse for resolution all to no avail. The customer service is an absolute disgrace. Please please please do not use this network, worse service ever."
"Similar story to many others. I took a SIM only deal out for my 11 year old in Sept'17 and capped the monthly amount at £5 above the £3.99 tariff. Today I saw a charge of £78.99 for ID mobile come out of my account and then realized the cap was removed some time in Nov'17 and they have charges me £49 for Dec'17 and the above for January. We're already up to £78 for the February bill. They cannot explain why the cap was removed or who authorized it (it certainly wasn't me). Am now fighting to get my money back with useless and often rude Call Centre staff based in South Africa (they read from a script, keep repeating irrelevant points and have no care for their Customers at all). This company is a disgrace - I will be reporting it to Watchdog and whoever else will listen. Am surprised it's not already been highlighted as a "scam" for want of a better word."
"Customer service were rude, patronising and unhelpful. At least make it seems as though you are trying to help rather than reading from a script. I shouldn't feel more confused after speaking with them than i was before."
"My mum passed away in Aug 17. I contacted them 1 week after (before any payments were due) they requested a death certificate and I was advised to take it to their nearest shop for it to be faxed over. I did this as requested but never heard anything back. I called and was advised that I wouldnt hear now as it was for a different email. They knew this and advised what to do. I then started receiving calls every day asking for payment. Every time I contacted they requested to speak with the bill payer.. But yet there notes said she had passed away. I sent 16 emails to the various email addresses I was provided along with making various calls. Having not heard anything for a month or so I have been sent a letter with an ever increasing pay,net request! Unbelievably shocking customer service. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with should be closed down instantly."
"The customer service and whole experience received from iD mobile is the worst I have ever experienced in my whole life. Trying to speak to anyone who can provide you with even a modicum of understanding of your problems let along try to find or offer a solution is nigh on impossible. After 9 months of a phone not working and no solution offered iD finally agreed to let me exit the contract free of charge as even they realised how pathetic the service had been. But true to form iD didn't even keep this promise and charged me the exit fee (full cost of contract remaining) anyway after I returned my handset as I was told to do. I can't stress enough how bad they were from start to finish and hope no-one ever buys another phone with them and has to go through this. Unbelievable."
"Similar story to the other comments. I bought for my son they put a cap on extra usage of £75, which makes it a staggeringly expensive contract. Support team could not understand what I was asking, and gave me answers to completely different questions than those asked. I hadn't realised that the cap reverted to £75 each month I will have to stay on top of that. If it looks too good to be true...."
"Awful. I took out a 12mth contract in 2015. I had the sim for my daughter. 2 months into the contract my daughter lost her phone. I tried for 2 months to get a replacement sim with their useless customer services who often have a very poor grasp of English. Cut to 4 months in i cancel my direct debit. I've now paid back the charges despite hotly refuting that they had kept to their end of the contract (they had no record of me calling). I have been chased by 3 different debt recovery agencies - the latest wants £61. I've now paid more than double what I owed and cant speak to them to get a resolution. Avoid at all costs."
Glen Ricketts
Unverified Reviewer
"My parents' connection to ID's network is about as reliable as a politician's election promise! After several contacts with the service area my mother had indoor connection for about 2 weeks and now finds that she has to travel further than she did previously to get a signal. She is then told that to cancel the arrangement she would have to pay for the privilege when a previously available service has been dropped through no fault of her own. Needless to say there will be no renewing of this contract when the opportunity to switch to a reliable network arrives next March!"
"Deals get you in, but you;ll NEVER get out! After having moved to another country, ID mobile has decided I owe them 3 months and now threatening my elderly parents with baliffs if I dont pay. Yet they cannot even give me any method of paying. They seem to ignore that I keep telling them I cannot log into the website or app (presumably as my account is closed). And that the number they provide cannot be reached from overseas, even with international dialling. They are determined I cannot pay this money I am supposed to owe - unused time as they took as long as possible to close my account. They cannot simply give an account number to pay. And this despite the fact that the 20 pounds roaming charge I bought did not work, and so was wasted."
"Just about everything Id mobile are good st taking money but do not respond correctly to cancellation and just relentlessly take and take and take noesningful complaint system just debt agency threats"
Colin Morris
Verified Reviewer
"Persuaded my wife to join ID from EE as she could double her Data for same price as EE , all as gone straight forward , took 3 days to keep her number to switch over to ID , all has gone well, Carphone Warehouse in Port Talbot very helpful, 2 in our household are on ID and I’m changing in December, thanks again ID and Carphone Warehouse."
"Very disappointed with the customer service. Its my first time ordering a Sim and I am struggling to change a WRONG delivery address. Almost 25min on the phone to get someone to change or cancel this order."
Wish I'd Read Reviews Before Tacking Out A 24 Month Contract, As Their Customer Service Team Were Ha
Unverified Reviewer
"Wish I'd read reviews before tacking out a 24 month contract, as their customer service team were happy to imply - that's my responsibility, not to be lazy and take responsibility for all my actions !! never trust naively. They have a preset overspend on my 11yr olds account of £75 per month, I can login and reset this to their minimum of £5 (£5 is too much in my opinion) but this automatically resets to £75 each month - SHOCKING WHEN THEY CHARGE £100 per Gb YES THAT'S RIGHT £100 per Gb for data. Spent over 3 hours in the last 2 evenings talking with their 'customer service' team denied access to a manager, even after assurances that a manager would call back. I'm sure you'd have to go back to the 70's to find another company that deals with a valid customer complaint so poorly. this is a company that hides behind overseas telephone reps and refuses to take any responsibility - just your money. live and learn and spread the word! Jon Teale 26/09/2017 (Not Anon)"
"My postcode wasn't checked in Carphone Warehouse at the time of purchase. Assume as ID is owned by Carphone W. they're on good commission to flog as many contracts as they can. I'm stuck with a phone that is hardly useable - intermittent signal at this address. ID customer service staggeringly poor. No-one will help me. BEWARE this is why they're cheap"
"Got a £5 sim and would not allow a second £5 sim"
"I rang to upgrade my daughters ID phone on 8/6/2017. Spoke to Erram who was abrupt and seems unsure questions I had to ask her. She said that that she has already placed the order BEFORE reading me the terms and conditions very fast. I had few points to clarify and got the feeling that two way discussion is not encouraged. I asked if I can get an email of the T&C and was told that I can't till 14days of cooling off period is up?? When I questioned any thing her answers were -'shall I cancel the order, shall I put you through to customer service, I wouldn't lie to you, people normally wants me to rush, we all do the same.' I can see by previous reviews left that ID have done very little to address this and their call handlers continue to be uneducated about helping the customers Update today 9/6/2019. Phone meant to be delivered today so taken a day off only to be told that ID (Erram) haven't submitted the order. Now it'll be delivered on Monday. Another day to take off!!"
iD Mobile is rated 1.20 based on 20 reviews