Dunelm Reviews

67% of reviewers recommend Dunelm

How would you rate Dunelm ?

"I bought a shark quilt cover for my grandsons birthday at the beginning of August. It will have to be returned as it's now coming apart at the seams. Ok it wasn't expensive, but why not charge a little bit more for a better quality product?"
"Absolutely fuming!!!!!!! We brought the detroit table and chair set from you 2 years ago for £400, not a cheap set. In July whilst a group of children were sat around the table eating the table exploded beneath them!!! We contacted you straight away and were told that it was passed over to your customer service team. We've received a phone call from said customer service today advising us that they can do nothing!!!! As it general wear and tear!!!! So you expect all your tables to exploded after 2 years do you??? In my opinion general wear and tear would be scratches, chips in the glass etc not glass exploding!!! We were very lucky to escape any serious injuries. The table was obviously not fit for purpose and I think you'll discover that if we involve the ombudsmen or watchdog they would agree, as we have already discuss this with them and they expect products such as garden tables etc to service their purpose for at least 6 years. We are not even half way there yet. I have attached a picture of what was left of the table after it exploded, as the priority was get the the glass clean up before any more injuries were caused."
"On August 1st 2018 I ordered a mattress from Dunelm and opted to keep track of progress. I received information that the mattress was duly despatched and delivery date set for August 3rd. Later on that date I was informed by text that there was a problem with the network and that the mattress would not be delivered. Later on, I received a phone call telling me the mattress was faulty and to be returned. If I wanted to continue with the order, I was to contact an email address and inform them to set up a new delivery date. On doing this I was informed there was a 72 hour period in which messages would be dealt with. At this point, there was no urgency as I had a week in hand. A new date was set for August 12th after which I received another email changing the date to August 15th.with delivery between 2:00 and 6:00pm. Having no indication of any further delays, I remained in the house from midmorning onwards. Then at 5:50, I received a phone call informing me the van had broken down one hour away from my home and that delivery would be not be today so I had to ring to arrange another delivery date. Needless to say that at 5:55pm no one responded to my call. On August 16th, 9:00am I called for information, I was told they could not give me a delivery time, nor could they cancel the order or return my £200+ which they had now held for over two weeks and for which I had received nothing but inconvenience and aggravation. I am still awaiting any information at all regarding delivery since neither Dunelm nor the couriers have contacted me. It is an utter shambles and an experience I will not repeat. Buyer beware."
"dunelm use yodel for delivery- which means you're lucky if you get the delivery at all. A let down"
"Ordered two suitcases which never arrived still waiting for refund & they are still taking orders for them will never use again shame on you Dunelm"
"Absolutely shocking customer service! Will never use them again!"
"I bought a bathroom cabinet from Dunelms Crewe and a man working there offered to carry it to my car which I thought was good service"
"Used to work for them and in my experience they seem more inclined to want to be relationship counsellors than customer service reps. Probably why i was fired because I was actually dealing with customer queries rather than ask a customer how was their day!"
"Member of staff called Harry went ‘over and above’ to find an item that was shown to be in stock, but couldn’t be located. Absolutely first class customer service! (Tried to leave feedback on Dunelm survey website but unable to access it! Lots of others complaining about the same thing.....Maybe Dunelm don’t really want to to pay out £250 for submissions...,!?!?!)"
"Dunelm Nottingham staff very helpful and friendly especially Aiden who took the time to show my husband how something worked so we ended up spending double the money, can't talk highly enough from floor staff, cafe and till lady such a pleasant change that they were happy to help so thank you to all those people"
"Not happy as such but here's the circumstances. Went into the Cambridge Retail Park branch on Tuesday, I asked a lady on fabrics if Dunelm had any all-season duvets and was told no we don't have anything like that in stock. I went home checked the Internet and found that there were Fogarty all-season in stock. I rung the store at 17.10 and was told all staff busy, I tried till 17.40 then rung head office. Menu message too faint to hear. Tried another number and finally spoke to Lorraine who did confirm Cambridge had the duvets in stock. Wednesday I went in, spoke to Tracey a very very helpful lady who couldn't be more helpful if she tried. She confirmed on computer that they had many in stock, she then started to look round the store, we finally found them. She was helpful, friendly, polite and professional an asset to Dunelm. I purchased a Fogarty Kingsize all-season duvet at £40. The three stars represent the bad customer service and phones unanswered. 5* for Lorraine and 6* for Tracey if it were possible."
"ordered two chairs and paid with credit card. They told me they were unobtainable and that a refund was coming. No refund has appeared. I am going to the Office of Fair Trading. Apparently Dunelm is famous for things like this."
"Live the shop and staff are really helpful especially the girls in the cafe."
"Went into store in Lincoln at 5.40pm and was trying to choose new curtains but unfortunately was unable to think due to staff keep announcing store will be closing 3 times then finally beings told to go to check out as store will be closing in 5 minutes from a rude member of staff! Fine if you don’t want our money we will go somewhere else!"
"Bought the new bedding called Laura 1 throw meduim size Kingsize quilts cover and and extra pillow slips (and its not cheap) ,Thought i would have a look to make sure that the smaller one fitted my bed and what a mess who ever machine it needs some glasses nothing was sewing properly I took it back , Staff were lovely about it they manage to get me one online that came a few days later and your never going to quess what was wrong with it Some of the throw had filling round the edges and nothing in the middle so that went back got my money back , II have just finnished decorating my room and gave the quilt cover a quick wash , put them on the line to dry and all I could see was uneven covers both of them if I put them on my bed my duvet cover would be all lumps and bumps . I was in tears , Will Dunelm at Kettering answer the telephone no sorry all our lines a busy at the moment I have 2 get 2 buses and and a long walk to the shop"
"Bought a cupboard with badly fitting drawers should have sent it back but liked it , as the drawers were difficult to pull out and put back in one of the handles snapped in half . It was just over 12 months old and dunelm not interested in sending out a handle . I bought one but it was the wrong size for the unit , so for the price of a cheap handle they are happy to fob you off that is customer service for you non existent ."
"Shopped at dunelm today at wallsend staff couldn’t have been more helpful young lady at till called Laura Beth helped me with my curtains problem was with curtains not staff they said blackout which they were but also said keeps room cool I put them up this morning and went back and my room was hotter than ever waste of £50"
"After paying for a furniture delivery on a chosen date they did not deliver. I tried to contact them all day but was on hold for ages most likely on a high call charge rate. When I finally got through I was told it was on progress and would not be delivered and offered me a week later. Rubbish customer service. Unprofessional. I stayed in all day and changed plans for nothing. Won't shop there again."
"Click ans collect within 2 hours. Good quality curtain poles, packaged well and easy to navigate website"
"customer service an absolute joke 2 phone calls 25 minuets each regarding my problem, just kept being told out of warranty therefore nothing could be done as garden furniture is only used a few months a year , you would expect it to last longer only purchased April 2017 at £400 ,couldn’t even give me suppliers details to try and buy a replacement. will never shop in Dunelm again."
Dunelm is rated 3.58 based on 207 reviews