Dunelm Reviews

49% of reviewers recommend Dunelm
8PM
8PM

Tell us how Dunelm made you happy

Over a month
Over a week
8 minutes
Avg Email Response Time
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"I had a home delivery of two lamps one of them was broken due to poor packaging so I returned them to the Norwich store. I was refunded within 48 hours but wasn't refunded the delivery charge!"
Are you Dunelm? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I'm usually very happy with the staff at Dunhelm but tonight's experience was not good, hence the review! I was served by 'Ruth' Ascot Drive Derby and she was very patronising and arrogant when I asked if a 'Non-Iron Pleated Divan' was in fact a Valance Sheet...she told me "NO!" its something to go round the bottom of your mattress base and 'it's not a sheet!!!' I get home to find 'YES' it is a sheet!! Don't work in Customer Service if you don't like customers I say!!"
"I have been a customer of Dumhelm for many years now and have always been more than happy with the staff. In fact there is a review I did a couple of years ago praising a member of staff. Also a more recent visit in April this year to buy a rug - a young man helped me with the rug and couldn't be more helpful, putting it in the car for me! That was until tonight.....I called in to get a Valance sheet - I picked up what I believed to be just that but it was called 'Pleated Divan Trim.' I took it to the till and asked the assistant 'Ruth' if it was a Valance sheet...she addressed me in a rather patronising manner, informing me 'NO" it was what it said 'A trim to go round the base of a bed!' I agreed to take it as no other help or explanation was forthcoming.... I then get home to find it is a 'Valance Sheet!' If I visit the store again I will not be going to that cashier. If you do not like people/customers' then do another job where you do not speak to people...."
"Wrong item sent and it took almost 10 minutes to get through to customer services on phone. Have to go out to send item back. Waste of time and poor service"
"Duleum Leicester! The service from day one was terrible, I sent an email how disappointed I was. The only reason I went forward with there service as they was the only shop that had crushed velvet I liked. We spent alot of money on blinds in one room, and paid additional service to have them fitted. And they fell off within hours. My husband had to put them back up however he could. And they could only come out over a week later. It has been over a week now, since someone has been out and corrected the problem. Noone has contacted us to apologise, even tho the blinds fallen caused damage. I usually never send emails or write a review, so this shows how annoyed I am with there service."
"I have just put a review on your website saying how I was refused to purchase a hoover at Lancvaster as it was the last one, and have just checked to see the stock at the same store and it says you can collect it in the next 3 hours, I think that says it all about who knows what they are doing!"
"Went to our local Dunelm at Lancaster, picked up a lightweight hoover at £55, but it was the only one on the shelf, so took it to the counter to be told it was not for sale as it was the only one left! Asked why could not have it as it presented itself for sale. Told can't sell it, until we get some more. When is that, maybe Monday, so I have to come back to find out! Told the manager to forget it! What a load of rubbish, so you don't want my £55, is that how you do business?"
"I have been very disappointed at the customer service at Dunelm, Staiton. I recently selected a light coloured fabric with thermal lining for your made to measure curtains. The sales assistant did not make it clear to me that the thermal lining would completely alter the colour from an ivory shade to a warm yellow tone which clashes with my colour scheme. I have unfortunately ordered two sets of curtains with light coloured fabric and thermal lining. The only way I could think of improving the look (other than cutting out the entire lining) was to order tie backs. After having already spent £1,267.85 on these two sets of curtains, I was asked to return to the store to pay a further £67.80 for tie-backs. I had expected Dunelm to provide tie-backs for free after failing to make it clear that the thermal linings would COMPLETELY ALTER THE APPEARANCE OF THE FABRIC (IN PARTICULAR WITH LIGHT COLOURED MATERIAL). Your terms and conditions currently state: LINING CAN AFFECT THE APPEARANCE OF YOUR FABRIC Had I been made aware, I would have chosen a cotton lining."
"Went into dunelm Taunton today And had a very good and helpful member of the staff hr name was heather and she helped me choose the right bit of furniture then helped me to the car with it and packed all this by herself and she wasn’t a youngster so far play to her store number is 0623 hope you give her some recognition regards Mrs teresa bishop"
"ordered some bar stools never arrived had to ask for my money back will not be shopping at dunhelm again not impressed with the service"
"Home delivery is a nightmare. First time and I will never use it again. STILL waiting for my ironing board and despite having spent God knows how long on the phone, I cannot get through to a real person to deal with this. Really peed off. Argos deliver the same day! Why can’t Dunelm answer their phones? Dead loss. DO NOT USE DUNELM!"
"They take your money for an order promise delivery in 24-48 hours,when you try to track it you find it’s disappeared,then they tell you they are unable to deal with it for another 72 hours!!!! What a way to run a business."
"ORDERED AND PAID FOR 2 DOUBLE MATTRESSES ON THE 10TH APRIL. WERE TO BE DELIVERED ON THE 25TH APRIL. THE LORRY ARRIVED WITH ONE MATTRESS!! THE MEN HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE WHEREABOUTS OF THE OTHER MATTRESS. WHEN I PHONED DUNELM I WAS TOLD IT COULD 3 WORKING DAYS TO TRACK IT DOWN. THE WEBSITE SAYS THAT ITEMS ARE DELIVERED WITHIN 5 WORKING DAYS! I HAD TRAVELLED OVER 100 MILES TO BE AT THE PROPERTY THAT DAY TO RECEIVE THE ITEMS. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT, HOW CAN THEY NOT ORGANISE THE DELIVERY OF 2 IDENTICAL MATTRESSES. I HAVE ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK ON THE MATTRESS THAT DID NOT ARRIVE AND I HAVE BEEN RE-IMBURSED. KEEP WELL CLEAR OF DUNELM!"
"I came to the store in Redditch today to be greeted by a very sour faced girl with black hair, Didn't get her name but she was very rude and completely ignored the fact i was a customer and continued on her phone. I ended up leaving the cafe to browse the store feeling deflated by her attitude. A real shame as the ladies in there are usually very friendly"
"Unbelievable customer service. Was lied to by several people, Ignored and patronised. It’s now been 4 weeks and I’m nearly £200 down and still no one knows where my rug is or seems to care."
"Worst customer service experience ever bought an entire bedroom set 8 weeks ago still waiting for the missing parts of the wardrobe wasted 2 days off waiting for deliveries and collections, company lies and brakes all promises no concern over the service received - But they do say sorry when you prove they lied!! Avoid at all costs in case anything goes wrong"
"I raised a complaint over a telephone order I placed on 22/3/19 because it still hasn't been resolved 3 weeks later I would give Dunelm zero stars. Apparently you cannot involve higher management for a number of weeks to allow your complaint to be resolved by the store. In my case I gave not heard from the store for 2 weeks, I think they just want me to go away. Very, very poor customer service."
"Great customer service helping with replacing undelivered goods and exchanging online purchase ."
"I had a bad experience with Dunelm. I ordered a bed and delivery suppose to be 3-5 days. On day 3 I got a message head board from my bed is missing and they have to wait for delivery so my home delivery will be delayed. Two days after they said they they booked my delivery in the next... 7days!! Two days aftet that called be again saying my delivery was moved even further away!!! I cannot deal with companies like this. They wasted 2 weeks of my time and offered 10% off the next order and a good will...I don't think I will buy anything off them again. they also messed my sister's sofa delivery which came without legs so she had to wait one more week for it to come. Luckily she got £80 compensation for it."
"Dunelm assistance was amazing always some one about to ask about products. Didn't have to wait at anytime for anything I requested product wise. Staff polite at all times."
Dunelm is rated 2.95 based on 402 reviews