Dunelm Reviews

70% of reviewers recommend Dunelm

How would you rate Dunelm ?

"Have made many purchases here ,but today bought my favourite to date. stargazer lilies. They were £85 which sounds quite a lot but are so beautiful and a wow feature on my dining table. Weighing up the cost of real ones every other week they will pay for themselves in no time. Great quality and look so authentic. Very pleased."
Betty Heather
Unverified Reviewer
"I bought a futon costing over £400. Some of the bolts and inserts are missing. The bed is very unstable and dangerous to sleep on. I have guests coming and despite 3 emails and a phone call I have not received the missing fastenings. The phone service is a joke. I have asked for a refund with my rights under the sales of goods act. No reply. Shocking customer service. Unless they improve they will soon have no customers to serve. I will not buy from here again."
Siana Margrave
"Good quality products"
"That's one star way too many; where is the minus button..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Absolute DEBARCLE that is DUNHELM!!!!!!......I am furious; I have been given the run around by this so called company for the last 2 months. How difficult can it be to have a house fitted with wooden venetian blinds that actually fit or indeed the wood is not damaged? There are so many issues with the way this company conducts business that I will NEVER step in the store again. In having ordered the blinds with the so called assistance of a member of staff, was left with a 2 month wait (not 10 days as originally promised). I made endless unanswered phone calls to the store, (dread to think what my phone bill will be) numerous visits and the impression that members of staff did not know what the other was doing. Admittedly the order was reduced by 20% due to the fact that once the goods arrived in store there was no available fitting date (another 2 week wait). I have received a number of voicemails and then a call from the store manager full of apologies for the fact that I should never have been able to order from the store as there is no consultant! (I really do not think this is my problem). Apparently the nearest store to where I live is Rotherham or Sheffield. I explained to the manager that if the blinds ordered did not fit any one of the windows, I did not want any of them fitting as I was so fed up by this point. When I did finally get a date for the blinds fitting, I took a holiday day off work and waited in. The fitter arrived and duly announced that he thought that they would not fit and promptly rang the store. I followed him to the store and watched him explain to the member of staff who originally ordered the blinds and there was a long 5 minute silence as they tried to ascertain what had gone wrong. It soon became apparent that they were looking for someone to blame for the whole ridiculous episode. I have to add here that NOT ONCE!!!! did they make any attempt to apologise for the whole sorry mess. I asked to speak with the store manager and was presented with the assistant store manager who again did NOT APOLOGISE! But suggested that we keep the offending blinds as they would only be put in the skip (useless to anyone else) and that they don’t quite understand what their team is doing! In thinking that I may be able to salvage something from this whole debarcle, I opened the boxes to the other blinds only to find that the wooden slat was split the whole way across the bottom. I hasten to say that I was given a full refund….however the lovely wooden venetian blinds that I ordered are now lying in the skip at the back of the store and I still have NO BLINDS…..2 months after ordering I am now back at square 1 feeling extremely disappointed and disgusted with the ramshackle service that this company deems suitable in terms of so called excellent customer service. I have tried to rate this service, however there is not minus 100% button and I would advise people to not attempt to touch with a 10ft barge pole…my fingers feel truly burned and I have totally lost my faith in this company…it’s a good job that I am not a secret shopper!!!!!!!!"
"Quick service pleasant staff nothing too much trouble."
Andrew Spraggon
Verified Reviewer
"Delivery service a waste of time! Paid 9.95 to get delivered on a Saturday. Never turned up and been told it will take 72hrs for an investigation then will be redeliverd at a time which suits them not me"
Andrew Spragon
Verified Reviewer
"ut I don’t want to cancel, I want my furniture that I had paid for! I have now waited in the house all day on a beautiful Saturday to be told that they don’t know what has happened and I will find out next week. I asked if they would compensate me for their mistake and got told they would give me a good will gesture when everything was investigated. Again offered nothing until next week. I would never buy anything again from Dunelm and would suggest others don’t! They claim to have a fast and efficient delivery service but cannot even get in touch with the courier service which Julie told me was their own to find out what is happening with my delivery! I will wait to see what the goodwill gesture is before cancelling my order but I cannot see it being enough to pay for a wasted Saturday when it is 20oC outside!Andrew"
Samantha Knight
Verified Reviewer
"I ordered a flat pack wardrobe, it arrived with vital parts missing, one week later having called everyday I am still with a wardrobe that is unfit for purpose and still not sure when the spare parts are arriving. Dunelm are unable to tell me who the courier is, when it will arrive and have no power over ensuring delivery. Moving home has never been more stressful. Thanks Dunelm"
"Garden furniture uses foam which stays wet for days. Useless as outdoor furniture!"
"Ordered my new dining table, delivered within 2 days. Two chairs faulty, called customer service and spoke to a very helpful polite gentleman Stuart, he’s reordering 2 chairs, and £30 refund. All in all, will definitely recommend to family and friends. Well done Dunelm!! You have exceptional customer service !!"
Sarah Evans
"Recently bought the rattan effect garden furniture so pleased with it good price and looks fabulous."
Stephen Carter
"Good quality and value quick delivery"
June Jackson
"great choice of product and great delivery service"
Guest
"Excellent service and delivery time always helpful."
"The blind I ordered has never arrived the customer services department refused to contact the carrier or give me a refund"
"Very poor customer service! Placed an order over 3 weeks ago and although I keep phoning and being promised a delivery date, the item still has not materialised. No apology given and the blame has been passed on to the courier service! One very disgruntled customer!"
"Customer service was fantastic when trying to sort getting a refund. Very polite and helpful and money sent across straight away!"
"Reserved an item online but the store did no actually have the item in stock despite the website's stock checker confirming stock availability."
Becky Entwistle
Unverified Reviewer
"Love this store with its quality furnishings and colourful displays! Special thanks to a lady called Elaine in haberdashery in the Aylesbury branch who showed outstanding customer service skill when dealing with my request to purchase a Super Summery lemon pattern wipe clean kitchen tablecloth a few weeks back. Thank you Elaine it was exactly what I had been looking for and looks fantastic!!"
"DO NOT ORDER THEIR FURNITURE FROM DUNELM EXTRA! I ordered 2 bedside tables and both came damaged ! ive waited 10 days for my replacement parts and they sent one random part which isnt from my bedside tables ! i ordered as well chest of drawers and it came damaged , they were trying to replace the item by sending another 2 chest of drawers one after another damaged as well ! it was a BOSTON range ! i would never buy again anything of dunelm extra website . quality below average and communication is awful! Stay away!"
Dunelm is rated 3.72 based on 186 reviews