wren kitchens Reviews

11% of reviewers recommend wren kitchens

How would you rate wren kitchens?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

35 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Mark Gardner

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about wren kitchens in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Mark Gardner
Verified Reviewer
"I had read some of the reviews about Wren but even though some were negative we decided that they had the kitchen we liked. I have to say I am glad I ignored the reviews and chose Wren. The design process was stress free,our designer was very helpful and offered advice. The delivery was faultless, theya rrived on time and kept me up to date with the arrival time, and they were very good at re-arranging my garage so it all fitted in. Our fitter was excellent, very fast and excellent craftmanship, he offered some useful advice as the build went along. We had a slight issue with our drawer fronts being scratch when theya rrived, but our fitter called it in, new ones were ordered which came very quickly and our fitter came back out straight away and swapped them over. Over all we have a lovely kitchen and thoroughly reccomend Wren."
"An absolute disaster of a company. Disorganised and chaotic. They will not deliver on the date that I had agreed with my builders (6 weeks of planning) because they failed to communicate their delivery and lead times. They offer a 'fit to measure' service which involves unprepared and rude surveyors who do not communicate the basic requirements for measuring the kitchen. Avoid this company at all costs. I now have lost £4k in builders costs and now have to find new builders to accommodate their timelines. Absolute no flexibility with regards to helping the customer and very blase when they have impacted your order. Oh and you will only find out the information that you needed once they have taken your deposit and it is too late to find another kitchen company. I am dreading the kitchen coming as the company does not accept responsibility for damaged or incorrect orders and will send you new replacement units within 10 working days. Recently, I was contacted by Wren after writing a Trust Pilot Review. Even the customer complaints rep got the facts incorrect. I was also offered 'Amazon Vouchers' to cushion the blow. But even that didn't turn up"
"4 years of hell, lies and bullying and my kitchen is still not complete. The Wren dream only exists in their multi million pound showrooms and marketing campaigns. The reality couldn’t be more different... If you’re still considering Wren, I urge you to do 5 minutes of research first. I wish I had."
"We shopped around. We looked at various options with different companies and after two meetings with a designer at Wren's Great Western Road branch in Glasgow we finally settled on a plan and design that we loved - and even though it worked out more expensive than some of the others we had looked at, we were certain it would be worth paying the extra for the seemingly better quality build and finish. I'd read negative reviews online but chose to overlook them, as my thinking was that people are far quicker to leave a review when they are annoyed with something than when they are pleased with it. BIG MISTAKE! The first hitch was delivery. We were told that it would be delivered on a date to suit us once we had organised a fitter . This was not the case. It was delivered almost a week before we needed it - at Wren's convenience, entirely filling the downstairs of our home - blocking our hallway, living room and downstairs bedroom. The downstairs bedroom is occupied by our disabled son who suffers from cerebral palsy. He had to be moved to stay with relatives until he was able to access his living quarters again. Designer was well aware of the date we had arranged the fitting to start - Monday 15th May. At NO POINT were we advised not to arrange a fitter - in fact we were told to let them know once we had organised a fitter and they would arrange delivery as close to fitting date as possible. On the 15th of May our fitter arrived and unpacked some of the boxes to begin the fitting. Immediately we found 3 out of 5 of the doors we had opened were damaged, either chipped or had grains of dirt/wood/sand underneath the gloss finish leaving lumps. The wrong lights had been sent - instead of 2 packs of flush bright under unit lights we had a flush bright and a non flush warm light. We needed 3 packs of plinth lights. Only 2 were sent. I called customer services and spoke to a lady, reporting the issues and she asked me if we had opened and examined all the boxes on delivery. We hadn't of course, we trusted that everything would arrive in perfect condition! She then told me that we should have examined the goods when they arrived and we were only allowed to make ONE 'phone call to report any problems, if we had any problems when the rest of the boxes were opened we would only be allowed one more telephone call to discuss the issues. Not customer friendly in the slightest!! I advised her that no one had told us this. In fact quite the opposite, we had been told we should call customer services if we had any problems at all and they would be happy to help. In reality they weren't happy to help. At all. The following day we discovered the drawers we had been sent were gloss instead of matt effect and one of the drawer fronts was badly damaged. The glass sent for the hob splash back was too large and unusable so we had to order a specially made piece from elsewhere so that I could use the hob safely - at our own expense.. More chipped doors came to light. The under oven door was completely the wrong size - it had been designed around a double oven despite me being clear at the design stage that I was only going to have a single. And the door for the corner wall unit would not open or close once it was assembled. We called the store to ask for advice and were told to proceed with the fitting, that there had been numerous problems with these corner unit doors and it was all down to the hinges, new hinges would be sent. New hinges came and the door was still wedged. We spoke to the designer as did our fitter, we spoke to customer services - someone said the wrong size door had been sent, someone said the fitter had hung the cupboard wrong, someone said the cupboards either side were wrong for that type of unit and on and on and on.... and eventually the result was that more hinges would be sent. The hinges came. The door wouldn't budge. 4 sets of hinges later, the designer said he would send a Wren fitter to check it and now our week with our fitter was over. The damaged doors were left without handles, 2 holes left where doors should be, lights were missing, we couldn't put on skirting boards until the footplates were in place and they couldn't be put in until the missing lights arrived. We had imagined that at the end of that week we would have our dream kitchen and what we actually had was an unfinished mess, bits missing and no one to finish it when the pieces finally arrived. More weeks passed. The missing and damaged door parts and lights arrived in bits and bobs. But still the corner unit was a mystery to everyone. It was the door, it was the hinge, it was the fitter......There must have been in excess of 50 calls and emails sent to various people to try and resolve this and EVENTUALLY after my husband kicking up a fuss, a Wren surveyor came out to look at it and said he could see no problem at all with the fitting of the cupboard. The fitter had not made a mistake and hinges were fine. He couldn't figure out why, when assembled, the door would not open and shut. He took pictures and said he would go back and speak to Wren specialists and get back to us on the matter, which he did two days later. And said it had been fitted incorrectly. There were NO INSTRUCTIONS on how to fit this unit on the plan we were provided with by Wren but apparently it is hung quite differently from a 'normal' wall unit. It has to be set forward of the two units which attach either side and it hadn't been as this was never communicated to us or our fitter in any way, shape or form. With the result that the unit would have to be taken down, adjusted and re-hung. FINALLY, FIVE MONTHS after it was started, another fitter came to finish our kitchen. We had to pay him of course, on top of what we have already paid the first fitter who had long since moved on to his other commitments. Now that the unit has been adjusted - along with the two either side - the cornice and plinths around those 3 units no longer fit so it was STILL unfinished. We called to order a new length of cornice and were charged over £77! £50 for the part and £27 for delivery. We had paid for parts we couldn't use. We had waited weeks for missing parts to arrive. We had lived with a half finished kitchen for MONTHS. We have had to pay extra on labour and parts thanks to the defects and delays - £180 one day alone, and we have had enough. We are not complainers, ever, but the stress and inconvenience this whole experience has caused has been immeasurable. I wish I had listened to the online reviews before we signed up and committed ourselves to months of upset and a busted budget. Bear in mind we are in possession of a useless piece of glass costing over £80, still unopened in its wrapping - which Wren have refused to refund us for. That we would not have been £100 out of pocket to a second fitter if the kitchen had arrived complete and undamaged. And that we went ahead and fitted the corner unit on the advice of Wren staff which resulted in the cornice/plinth needing to be replaced, so to then charge us £77 for this item is surely unfair?! I outlined the above in an email to customer services. Ironically and somewhat appropriately their response went straight to my junk folder! They point towards their 'terms and conditions' and say we should not have arranged a fitter until after the kitchen had been delivered and checked and any faults/missing parts reported and replaced. During this time the downstairs of our home would have been completely unusable, so my son would have had to go and stay with relatives for weeks rather than days (as everything we had to re-order took between 2 and 4 weeks to arrive) thank you Wren - how very sensitive and understanding of you! They refer to a "one time resolution" and say ALL issues should have been reported in one go, as per 'terms and conditions'. They do not make refunds for wrong/unrequired items their designers put on the plan, so if the designer makes a mistake the customer pays for it. Its in the 'terms and conditions' that you accept this when you sign up. Nor do they compensate for additional costs incurred as a result of their bad advice. I should also point out that if you do find an issue with any part of your kitchen you have to wait for it to be manufactured and delivered from their factory in England - our doors and drawers took around 3 weeks at a time. I would never recommend this company to anyone. It has amazed us since our problems began how many other people we have come across who have had similar issues - customers at work, our friends - and friends of friends! I wish one of them had warned us! Don't be fooled by the fancy showrooms and promises of customer satisfaction because once they have your money Wren don't give a hoot about your kitchen or your satisfaction. Go to B&Q. I wish we had! I am now waiting for the paint to start flaking off the gloss doors as it has with so many other Wren customers who bought from the same range. Every door has a mottled/dimpled effect when you look at it and the colour appears to be going from a dark grey to a greeny grey. We now know that their 20 year warranty they use to sell their kitchens does NOT cover doors, only the unit carcass. I wish we'd never heard of Wren. Check a Facebook page called 'Wren kitchens disasters' for other real experiences before you buy from this company. Some of them will blow you away. My mistake in using Wren cost me hundreds extra but some people are THOUSANDS of pounds worse off and still don't have a functioning kitchen. **Wren responded to my review on other sites publicly stating that someone would contact me to resolve my complaint. No one ever did."
"Had our kitchen delivered and all the parts were damaged either paint chipped, paint rubbed off or had an orange peel effect. When we started to fit it it was obvious that they can't use a tape measure as they mis-measured it so it didn't fit. Also parts were missing and I had to pay for them on top of what i'd already paid. Wren replaced the damaged parts with even more damaged, and then even more damaged parts. I have a garage full of damaged parts. There is an issue with my oven and washing machine which they refuse to take ownership of and said I have to speak to the manufacturers. They think they are above your Consumer Rights and totally ignore them. Don't waste your money or time with them as you will end up spending endless hours on wasted emails and phone calls. Plue speaking to Trading Standards, The Furniture Ombudsman, The Financial Ombudsman and if you take out their finance Barclays as well. Do you really want to go through all this and still end up with a rubbish kitchen that isn't Fit for Purpose and won't last more then a few weeks/months. Do your research and look on FB at the number of groups of dissatisfied customers."
"An absolutely disgusting company, take your money and don’t want to fix all the damaged pieces. Don’t touch them or you will end up with a huge headache for months. As for their advert Wren care about their customers, RUBBISH. Look on Wren kitchen disasters for the thousands of unhappy customers."
"Stay clear of this bunch of cowboys, am almost 4 years down the line and still not a complete kithen, ive reported them to trading standards, the FO look on facebook for a group called wren kitchen disasters, dont go near this company please...."
"Kitchen very poor quality. Have to deal with customer services over the phone, which is frustrating. Took a month of phone calls/emails to get someone to assess my kitchen. All frontals need replaced in a brand new kitchen! I'm going since Feb 2017, not resolved yet. Wren still selling the kitchen range I have despite manufacturing defects. 25 year guarantee, can't even arrive chip free. Safe yourself the stress and avoid Wren."
"My god, it would be better to ask what went right! The units were dispatched to my courier company, because they don’t deliver to the Isle of Wight. The courier company noticed a lot of damage to the units on the pallet and when delivered to me the boxes looked like they had been dragged over rough ground for half a mile before going on to the pallet. We had a worktop delivered 130cm in stead of 227cm. Fronts were damaged on the drawers as well as back of units which we have hidden. Bolts were missing which draw the worktops together and side panels were damaged. If you have a choice, I would go with a local company where you have some way of dealing face to face with someone if things go wrong. We are now waiting for a few bolts which I hoped would be delivered direct to IOW but company is disputing that YOdel does not deliver to IOW which they do in fact do! Someone seriously needs to speak to warehouse staff as they have no respect for treating units that you have paid for in advance with any thought whatsoever."
"Love the units cream gloss but the worktop is terrible marks so easily you can't even look at it and it marks need someone to come out and see it for themselves"
Matthew Jones
Verified Reviewer
"Unbelievably Bad I can honestly say, in 38 years of being on this earth, I have never before had the misfortune of dealing with a company as untrustworthy, incompetent and unprofessional as Wren. We ordered a kitchen in May 2017 from the Swansea store and were promised the world by the salesperson. We paid almost £3000 for Wren to install the kitchen, thinking this would make things easier and get the job done without any hassle. How wrong we were! The original installer came to our house and attempted to get us to cancel the contract with Wren and he would undercut them by £1000. We politely declined his offer and went ahead with the Wren contract. We were called a week before installation by an exceptionally rude member of staff (we have since been told this member of staff has left) who said that the installer had cancelled and they had found a new one. I asked that the new installers come to the house to check that they could carry out the work previously agreed and I was told that this was my problem and I’d need to sort it myself. This wasn’t mentioned when the took my money in the showroom! This was the start of Wren taking over our lives for over four months. Installation began on 03/07/17. It was completed on 07/11/17. What was originally promised to be a 5-10 day job turned into 4 months. Every delivery turned up damaged. And I mean every single delivery. This meant that I’d have to phone Wren and rearrange deliveries which would be sent out in the same way and end up again being damaged. We were lied to constantly on the phone which led to me having to record every call made to Wren to prove what they had previously said. I have recordings of staff telling me that I needed to sort out their mistakes myself, and accusing me of lying to them about what staff had promised me in previous calls (even though these calls were also recorded). They would refuse to transfer me to a manager and would not escalate the situation, even though we were in a constant cycle of receiving damaged goods. After weeks of being in this endless cycle, we eventually managed to speak to a Field Installation Manager. I must add that this was only after emailing the Managing Director of Wren and threatening them with court action if the matter was not resolved soon. This was the only thing we could do to get someone to listen to us. The FIM came to the house (the only pleasant staff we dealt with in the whole experience) and agreed that the standard of the kitchen was below standard and every panel needed replacing. I had said this to people on the phone over the months since installation began, but no one listened. We conservatively calculated that we lost close to £4000 in earnings whilst the kitchen was being installed due to the constant deliveries and workers at the house. We received an offensive £200 cheque as an offer of goodwill from Wren. They even spelled my name wrong on the cheque! Dealing with this company has been one of the worst experiences I have been through. They attempt to tie you up in terms and conditions and lie to cover themselves. The only reason we have not decided to take this matter further is that it has controlled four months of our lives in 2017, and we cannot face dealing with their incompetent and untrustworthy staff any longer. I have no faith in the guarantee offered with the kitchen and dread the day I have to speak to them to resolve any further issues which will arise from my substandard kitchen."
"Terrible quality, terrible fitting absolutely shocking customer service, they will lie to you and treat you with utter contempt once they have your money. Please please save yourself a whole load of stress and anguish and don’t have any dealings with this company whatsoever. Once again please please don’t use this company, learn from all the customers like me who have suffered tremendously and don’t make the same huge mistake we all made."
"Our Installation day was 27th October, we still have no functioning kitchen! We were left over Christmas (and still are now) without any water, sink or cooking facility. Once Wren have your order, if things go wrong they are not interested in any problems you have. What has been fitted has been done with very little pride, care or experience in my view. Panels have been badly cut and damaged and we are still waiting on someone who actually half cares to do something to help us. My advice would be to go elsewhere If you want to avoid the stress we have and still are facing....and if you are still tempted, look at all the terrible reviews before you take the plunge!"
"I would advise as many people as possible never ever buy a kitchen from Wren Kitchens. After 28 months I am still trying to get my kitchen to a satisfactory finish. Numerous deliveries of replacement goods that were damaged from the beginning, poor fitting, units siliconed to walls and when replaced plaster was taken off wall. Customer services are non existent. Once they have your money they don’t want to know you. They charged me £120 for gas and electric certificates and no gas in Kitchen and had my own electrician but won’t refund the money said I should have checked the order. A price promise was agreed on electrical items, I found the same ones so much cheaper in Retail stores, but they still charged the full price and then added vat which was included In the retail prices found, they will not comment on this or refund the overcharge. They did not supply the kitchen I was shown in Store but a sub standard one and even then these were chipped, damaged scratched etc. They even delivered replacement frontals that had been touched up and were not delivered wrapped so that gave it away along with touches of paint on the back. You can write letter to CEO and he doesn’t even respond just passes it to his resolution team who are absolutely useless. I will keep fighting even if it means taking them to court. I paid for a perfect kitchen and expect a perfect kitchen. SO MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE DO NOT BUY A KITCHEN. FROM WREN UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED FOR THE FIGHT. Don’t trust the r views on trustpilot as Wren get the bad reviews taken off."
Denise - From Bedford
Verified Reviewer
"I would like to start by thanking the Bedford Store designer Massi for the great service , advice and design he done of my Kitchen. I changed the design a couple of times and this was no problem with Massi the designer. I was recommend a fitter by a friend who used Wren previously and I stated that I only wanted them to fit my Kitchen. The fitters came round to carry out a pre-fit survey and everything was explained to me from price, start date and finish date. My fitters were LPL Interiors - Paul, Pete & Lewis. They turned up on time every day, explained exactly what they would be doing everyday and always left the area clean & tidy each evening. I had a wall knocked out between the Kitchen and Conservatory, New Ceilings, new Electrics, all plumbing relocated, Plastering and all done in the 3 week time scale I can honestly say that I never had any problem with the Kitchen or the fitting service and would have no problem in recommending Wren for the Kitchen and LPL Interiors for the Fit. The fitter also recommended Mounter & Turners (flooring company) and I couldn't fault their service and fitting either - big thanks to Luke & Dalton the flooring fitters and Paul Mounter the Manager of the Shop for his Service too. The Kitchen is really good quality and was an excellent price. The delivery drivers carried everything into my Property with care and the packaging around the items was exceptional. I had scratches on a couple of doors which were reported on the Tuesday and delivered on the Friday. I would highly recommend Wren, LPL Interiors and Mounter & Turners Flooring I had a beautiful Kitchen finished in time for Christmas which everyone admired on Christmas day. I will upload some pictures onto Wren Facebook."
"Apparently no company to deal with, customer service is terrible Kitchen that doesn’t match Several attempts at putting right - all have failed Avoid this company"
Brett O’Neill
Unverified Reviewer
"Damaged items , over 30 panels. Refused refund within 30 days . Wren don’t believe the law applies to them . Worst buying experience ever . Now going to court . This company are the scum."
Donna O'Neill
Unverified Reviewer
"Kitchen delivered 21/08/17. Damaged items reported on day one. Spent the next two days checking the kitchen and every item was damaged bar none. All of this was report to Wren in writing with images attached. Told no problem they will send it out, then didn't contact us for well over 14 days (& only cause I camped out in the store which got it moving) We didn't find the Wren Kitchen Disasters page till after this time. They were simply hoping to stall us and force us to install the kitchen so they can claim that we have no rights now that you've installed it. They are breaking the law at this point. Two store staff members from Hamilton came to our home and slated the kitchen, saying it wasn't what they have on display in store. No glass in drawers, different door hinges (not soft close), thinner carcasses and so on. Told us they would put in a full report first thing tomorrow to the MD & regional manager. I then spent days calling the store and she would not answer, still to this day she isn't in when I call, she must have a very weak stomach as she literally spends all day in that bloody toilet 😂 We went on being lied to and ignored till I emailed Mark Pullen (the MD), who passed me to someone, who passed me to someone, who passed me to another someone (we at least had one contact from this point, even though it was the manager who had promised to call me back every day for 14 days😡) she then lied to me for a few weeks and got us to agree to a field installation manager (FIM) to come and do another report on the kitchen. When he got here he told us he wouldn't do the report unless we agreed to accepting replacements, to move it forward we agreed. I took a picture of his report, much to his anger about it and he started abusing me about it and the fact I wanted to read it before signing it, saying that he had places to go, I told him tuff and to settle himself down and got quite defensive myself (put the "big man" in his place 😉, wonder if his wife's proud of him) When our contact at head office got in touch to arrange the 5th redelivery she sent a list that meant nothing to us and refused to send anything until I agreed with the list. We explained that it didn't make sense and she said tuff, until you agree with that list they are sending nothing. I then by chance had a very helpful conversation with K******* ***** and the penny dropped, they were just stalling us to get outwith the 30 days so they could make us feel like we had no rights. From this point we sent a written request to a full refund as per the consumers right 2015, refused any further deliveries and didn't budge from that stance. Put in a section 75 claim with Barclays credit card. We had to put everything in writing (I had been doing this from day one as the delivery was so shockingly damaged) so it wasn't too bad but it took me two days to fill in their form and I'm pretty good at that kind of stuff. We then had to chase them for a reply but once we did they delt with it straight away requesting that we got an independent kitchen report done that they would pay for, they only offered us £100 to get the report done though and no one would do it for that (it was hard enough to get anyone to do it at all), someone eventually said they would do it at a discounted rate for £250 which Barclay Card are refunding to us as well as an extra £50 for the hassle to us, nice to see some customer service for once So at this point Barclay Card have: Our photos of all the damage items Our spreadsheet with the details taken from Wren Kitchens delivery note listing ever bit of damage The Wren Kitchen FIM report that I took a photo for which confirmed that Wren agreed with the damage as he had signed the bottom the report (hence why he got aggressive with me, I also have his visit record although I never had to use it) The independent kitchen report It then took another few weeks, yesterday we contact Barclay Card to find out what the delay was and today they called to make a settlement, they agreed to refund the full amount that we paid to Wren. We could have fought with them to also get the cost of the fitter and so on but decided that once we have had a break from it all we will take Wren to the small claims court as they should be paying it anyway. They have told us to keep the kitchen (which we will be burning 🔥 as soon as we have strength back to look for another one) and we have to keep all the appliances as a token of good will (hob, double oven, extractor and dishwasher, they all worked well) Advise - Do everything in writing and keep an ordered paper trail Don't listen to what Wren tell you, it is all blatant lies Really read up on your Consumers Rights 2015 and have faith in it Contact citizens advice and trading standards but most of all ask people on here, there will be someone that can help Most importantly, don't give up. I will never give up, refund or no refund."
Donna O'Neill
Verified Reviewer
"Paint came off cabinet and useless customer service. Not interested once you've paid"
wren kitchens is rated 1.43 based on 35 reviews