Wilsons Blinds Reviews

46% of reviewers recommend Wilsons Blinds
Courier, Own Driver

How would you rate Wilsons Blinds ?

"I ordered Venetian blinds a year ago. Perfect fit, quick delivery. They are up a year now and are as good as the day we put them up. Had got quotes from local retailers. Ordering through Wilson’s and putting them up ourselves we saved £340 on cheapest quote. We were replacing verticals and found the pre-drilled holes adequate to support new blinds. Took about an hour to put up 5 blinds."
"Very friendly, professional and fast fitting would deffinatly recommend"
"Not a good company to deal with. Why only one star? Because I cannot give less!! I ordered and had delivered two roller blinds. Up until just after delivery Wilsons would have got a five star rating, but I needed to contact them about the length of the chain. I now find I have to join the majority of reviews in giving one star for much the same reason as the others! Their pre-sale customer service was terrific, the delivery on time, and the quality of the roller blinds everything I would want or expect. The after-sales service can only be described in negative terms. My PERCEIVED problem was that it appeared that the chain would not be long enough to lower the blind to its full length as the ‘break link’ would not pass through the cog mechanism (2.43 mtrs drop with 1.9 mtrs length of chain loop). As it turned out due to the cog to roller ratio there was enough chain to work, but this was NOT pointed out to me, and I only found out when I fitted the blinds for their intended purpose (photographic back-drops). Instead of pointing out that the length of chain would be long enough they insisted that they could not supply a longer chain because of ‘health and safety’. As an ex H&S rep (long time retired) this got me very angry as they were applying the regulations for vertical/venetian blinds etc with a continuous loop which needs to be secured at least 1.5 mtrs above the floor, to the regulations for roller blinds with a safe-break-connector which can be loose down to 0.6 mtrs above the floor. To add insult to injury when I emailed them they offered complete side winder mechanisms at £6.50 each which were longer and I could fit them myself! I purchased a two lengths of chain from Amazon more than long enough for my requirements for both blinds for less than £3 in total. The second problem was that I ordered an exact width of blind. The blinds delivered were reduced in size as if I had ordered to a window recess. As it was it did not matter as I am using the blinds as photographic backdrops. I pointed this out in my email to them stating that it did not matter, but along with wanting me to buy two side winders they wanted photographs showing the length of the ‘head-rail’ which does not exist, even though I had stated that it did not matter! They obviously had NOT read my email! I lost the will to live. Their ‘after sales’ manner, both on the phone and in the email, was one of someone that does not care and was just rolling out stock answers, as could be clearly seen in the email (cut and paste text of varying size and font). Once they have got your order . . . ALL of this could have been avoided if I had been given correct friendly advice when I first phoned up about the chain length. My advice is DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY if you think that you may need after-sales care or service – there isn’t any!"
"I gave the lady on the phone the same measurements on 2 of the 3 blinds when I needed different sizes, even though I had said I need 3 different sizes she never picked up on my mistake, when she played the tape back I could see that it was my fault, I then said okay what can you do to help me she said nothing, so I said if I paid how much would it cost to have it cut down she said it can't be done. I then said why can't they cut it down in the factory she said its impossible it can't be done. I now see why you get such bad feed back when you've got customer service staff like this. Now I would like you to take me off you data base as I will never use your company again. Jim"
"The only reason I purchased 2 roller and 2 wooden Venetian blinds from this company was because it had been awarded the Theo Paphitis SBS Award. I thought if a BBC Dragon's Den star was giving them an award they must be a good company, how wrong I was. The two waterproof roller blinds are perfect, however my two wooden venentian blinds are not manufactured in the same way even though there is only 10mm of a difference in the width and drop size. One blind has 3 strings down the blind and the other has only 2. This looks odd as the two windows are only 400mm apart on the same wall. Customer services contacted the manufacture who said that this was due to the box size and because the blinds were a different size (10mm difference). Customer service kept going over the same story from the manufacture and would take no responsibility and would not replace one of the blinds to make them the same. The woman from customer services agreed that she would not like her Blinds to look different. However she was unable to help me, all she could suggest was to make a complaint and email it to complaints department. I agree with all the other reviews I now see here and wish I had done more research into this company before I placed my order. I also had a delivery time issue they do not deliver between 5 - 7 days, it took 13days. I think Teo Paphits of Drangons Den should have his name and the apparent endorsement removed from their website and all the other Featured in ( Real Homes, House Beautiful, BBC, Good Homes Magazine, Grand Designs) this company is ruining their good name. DO NOT purchase from this company they will not help you or replace even if they make a mistake.!!!!!!"
"This companies customer service is appalling. Staff get caught up in their own lies and are not interested when you want to make a complaint!"
"IVE JUST RECEIVED MY FINAL 4 WOODEN VENETIAN BLINDS FOR THE BACK OF MY HOUSE HAD MY FRONT 3 DONE AS A CHRISTMAS GIFT THEY ARE OF SUPERB QUALITY AND THE PRICE "WOW" ORDERING FROM THE WEBSITE IS SO EASY AND EVEN IF YOU RING UP THE LEVEL OF SERVICE IS JUST WONDERFUL AND NOTHING IS TO MUCH TROUBLE I MYSELF HAVE SPOKEN TO "LISA"AND SHE WAS MARVELOUS MY SON AND DAUGHTER-IN-LAW WAS SO IMPRESSED BY MY BLINDS THAT THEY HAVE ALREADY STARTED HAVING THEM FOR THEIR HOME AND IT WAS MY FRIEND WHO HAD HER LIVING ROOM WINDOW BLIND FROM WILSON BLINDS WHO DID THE RECOMMENDATION IF AND WHEN THE TIME COME TO GET NEW BLINDS I NO %100 THAT IT WILL BE WILSON BLINDS AND I WILL TELL EVERY1 I NO THAT IF LOOKING FOR BLINDS TO LOOK ON YOUR WEBSITE 1st MANY THANKS"
"They were slow to deliver and informed me the previous week that they will be sent out on the monday so i could expect to receive the blind by no later than wednesday of that week. Stayed in awaiting delivery and when not received by late afternoon they then told me "sorry, we mean't the following week".....When they eventually arrived almost Two weeks later they were ok upon inspection but once installed I noticed that the blind did not cover the window properly on the side of the control cord. There is now a gap of 1" to the right of the window as the blind cannot be pulled out any further due to the guide runner being blocked by the slide mechanism. All the measurements were and are correct. Have now decided to remove and get another one from another company. It might be well to note that I was informed by Wilson Blinds that they don't even make the blinds but are simply the "middlemen". I wouldn't recommend this company at all."
"This company replaced a faulty blind with no question and the new blind arrived within a couple of days. Very good at putting a situation right with no arguments - which is what makes a company stand out - ie how easy are they to reach, how quickly do they respond and how exactly do they respond when you have an issue with a product."
"Wilsons had my review removed from whichever sites they could, so I am posting it on more! Like many others I'm sure, I would give no stars if possible. This is an awful company, and I seriously recommend you buy your blinds from ANYWHERE ELSE! Poor quality blinds, claiming a 'made-to-measure' service which translates as 'we might make your blinds to fit your windows, we might not, as we have a clause in our Ts & Cs that gives us a 50% allowance on the fitting adjustment’. And if your blinds don't fit? Tough, they could not care less. The customer service is as useless as the blinds and now my 72 year old mother has blinds that are of no use what-so-ever and not the funds to replace them. Thanks Wilsons!"
"We have been ordering blinds from Wilsons Blinds for the last 10 years, so when we downsized to a new home last month the first thing we did was go online and order new wooden blinds for all our windows. The website is easy to use and the instructions for measuring the windows is easy to understand. Within a week the new blinds were delivered. We have no hesitation in recommending this company."
"Good service"