The Coach Approach Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Coach Approach
Read The Coach Approach Reviews

Tell us how The Coach Approach made you happy
I can't believe how much better my outlook on life is since I met John. He's guided me through simple and small changes that I can make, in order to feel more positive and happier and I truly do. For once in my life I feel like I have control. John is such a warm hearted and kind man, I really couldn't recommend or thank him more.
Seeing my teenage daughter suffering from anxiety was incredibly hard. Due to John's wonderful coaching and kindness my daughter has shaken off the blues and regained her sense of fun.
Having coaching with John has been life changing! I had been suffering with low confidence and anxiety for as long as I could remember. I wanted to change but I didn’t know where to start. It was effecting my career and my home life. I really didn’t want to take antidepressants or anti-anxiety medication. I had seen a sponsored advert for The Coach Approach on Facebook and after reading the glowing reviews, I thought ‘Why not?!’ Firstly, I have discovered why I think the way I do through John’s simple explanations of how the brain works. John has also given me the tools to keep my anxiety in check and helped me set myself achievable goals to help me feel better about myself. The hypnotherapy I received really helped embed the changes I wanted to make and the recording he sent me helped me to relax and get enough REM sleep to empty my ‘Stress Bucket’. I now feel I have a healthy level of anxiety. My only regret is that I didn’t take this action sooner. Thank you John, I am incredibly grateful!
John and I worked together for a period of six months; he helped me navigate a very difficult period in my personal and professional life. John's approach is extremely balanced - pushing you to achieve but patient when required. John has an extensive tool kit to share with clients to assist them in general life goals and more focused career goals. Whats more John is very honest and will only encourage you to keep visiting if he feels he can genuinely help you. If you need some help with a personal or professional challenge, i can highly recommend John's services.
I had 6 coaching sessions with John, all online using Zoom. I had not used zoom before but it's brilliant. He was able to share his presentations with me and I never felt like I wasn't taking part. He is extremely knowledgeable and has a lovely easy going manner. I am in a much better space now and have the confidence to deal with what ever is ahead of me. If you prefer the comfort of your own house or can't get to John's office, I thoroughly recommend the online service. I'll be coming back for top ups.
For the past few years I have struggled with alcohol dependency and various mental health problems. After finally getting myself sober, towards the end of 2018, I needed a way to move forward and recover and shape a new, better way of life. My mum heard about The Coach Approach from a friend and after receiving unhelpful input from community services for years and I was optimistic to try a new approach. My sessions with John Shallcroft have been enlightening and I was shocked at the immediate impact they had. Through explaining thought processes and how the brain works he has shown me how to think in a way where I can always get the best out of life and make good, intellectual decisions. This means that, even though life isn't straight forward and I will still have various issues, I can deal with these things competently and move forward with less anxiety and fear. The sessions leave me feeling optimistic, relaxed and contented, knowing that they are really helping by giving me new skills to live by. I feel like everyone should know about this and its hard to explain how different I feel and how grateful I am. I would recommend The Coach Approach to anyone dealing with addiction and mental health problems, but also to anyone who simply wants to enjoy life more and to take the best from even the bad days.
I spend a lot of time working overseas and have been working with John via Zoom. Although I was a little sceptical about this service, it ultimately exceeded my expectations and have no problems in recommending his services.
I went to see John at The Coach Approach as I was suffering from lack of confidence and had just lost my way. I saw him for 5 sessions and I cannot thank him enough. He is extremely knowledgeable and put me at ease. We discussed what I wanted to get out of the sessions and he developed a plan that was challenging but ultimately achievable. His is caring and had an amazing ability to inspire and get the best out of me. Whilst my life isn't perfect it is considerably better than it was and I have John to thanks for this. If you are considering The Coach Approach I would wholeheartedly recommend them.
I have been to see John twice now. I suffer from vertigo and anxiety, and he’s helped me overcome situations I worry about and overcome the fears I had found were increasingly debilitating. He has helped me enormously, flying with ease this past week and heading back to ski with much more confidence has been a great outcome. I would highly recommend John as a professional and friendly person who can put you at ease and make you feel like things are possible when you are not really sure they are ! Many thanks for all the help !
My heartfelt thanks go to John. A genuinely decent, caring and approachable gentleman who is very easy to talk to. This is my first experience of anything like this but, at almost 45 years old (and heading for a possible mid life crisis!) I felt that I needed some direction and understanding with what's going on in my life. John was able to help me prioritise the areas that are important in my life and to look at ways of focusing on how to improve those areas - which is surprisingly simple when you break it down. Johns initial explanation of how our brains deal with the stresses and the strains of everyday life is key to understanding how to make these improvements going forward. I am extremely grateful to John for teaching me a few simple but very effective strategies to help me through this more challenging period of my life. These strategies are part of me now and I am sure that I will continue to use them throughout the rest of my life. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending John. If you are unsure whether The Coach Approach is right for you (like I was in the beginning) just pick up the phone and make that appointment. I'm so glad that I did and I am sure you won't regret it.
John is a very lovely man, and a brilliant coach. His techniques are part-coach, part-hynotherapist and (in very large) part-friend! He is never judgmental or condescending, and always approachable and willing. He demonstrates a clear understanding and appreciation of the science of the brain - he is no cod-therapist based on loose theories, but someone who really works to understand how to improve his clients' well-being. As the years go on, I think we all gather (mis)conceptions and beliefs about ourselves which limit our behaviour, and spending time on correcting, managing or adjusting these is extremely valuable, and I cannot rate John highly enough.
I left school at a very early age and had not sat an exam for 40 years. John was recommended to me as someone who could help me develop a coping strategy to enable me to to gain the professional qualifications I was striving for. I knew I was on top of and understood my subject well but did not want to fail because of anxiety and nerves. Over a period of a few short weeks, John not only taught me how to cope with the upcoming exams but also how to perform at my confident best. At the same time he also gave me tools to deal with various other life situations which cause stress ( for example how to cope with a mother suffering from Alzheimer’s. ) I now also have a deeper understanding of psychology and what drives people to learn and explore. This has aided my teaching and enabled me to connect even further with the students I work with in what can be a hostile environment. I would without question recommend John to anyone needing help with stress management or anything which is impeding them achieving their potential and being their best self.
If I could give more than five stars then I would. I've been seeing John for anxiety and unstable mood and it's honestly the best decision I've ever made. The sessions have completely changed my life. John is so understanding and makes you feel so at ease, and I started to notice a difference even after the first couple of sessions. If someone had told me six months ago that I'd be this much better in such a short space of time I would have thought it was impossible, but I really am! I'm a newer, happier me now, so thank you so much John
I went to see John with depression and anxiety which affected me on a daily basis. I was on medication and seeing a counsellor but did not feel like I was getting anywhere other than the dark hole I lived in. On my first session I was instantly made to feel at ease about my problems and felt comfortable to talk about the difficulties I had gone through over the previous years.  After every session no matter how bad or dark a place I was in that day I always came away feeling more positive and upbeat. John gave me techniques to overcome my fears and anxiety, taught me how the brain works and gave me a cd which I used frequently to help me relax especially when my brain was working on overdrive feeding me with negativity. I can honestly say I now feel more like the old me and can see the light at the end of a very dark and very long tunnel. I would highly recommended his services to anyone for any problem
My time with John exceeded my expectations. He is an extremely approachable, knowledgeable man who inspires change. My life has changed in so many ways. I have tried many different types of therapy but this worked for me. Initially I was sceptical but I'm so glad I went to see him. It was refreshing to have someone who was there for me and encouraging the changes I wanted. He may not be the cheapest but I'm so glad I chose him.
I was very sceptical of trying something non traditional and as I didn’t get immediate results thought that my reluctance was justified. However, after a few sessions and putting into practice Johns advice I found that his guidance paid off and I have steadily improved since. Thoroughly recommended. Thanks. John.
Professional, courteous, informative. Clean & tidy consultation room. Welcoming & friendly.
I found John to very warm and approachable. The way he broke down the workings of the brain to there mechanical parts I found really helped me try to get on top of my feelings.
Although I only had three sessions,I felt really calm and peacefull each time I came out.I had a wonderful holiday,and did not worry about the flights,thanks to Coach Approach.
John was very approachable and easy to talk to. He was good at getting you to open up in a non threatening or confrontational environment. His explanations were clear and he worked at a steady pace. There was a sense of achievement at the end of each session.
The Coach Approach is rated 4.91 based on 23 reviews