The WATCH Lab Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend The WATCH Lab

info@thewatchlab.co.uk

The Watch Lab Limited15 Cable CourtPittman WayFulwood

Telephone

How would you rate The WATCH Lab ?

"Frustrating, have my omega, won’t give me an up date , just say quoted 4 weeks and will be in touch after then . Just want to know the stage it’s at as manager in store at Nottingham said can sometimes take 1 week so just want to know if back sooner for my holidays. Won’t call up or find out for me . £295 for a new bracelet clasp , scandalous"
Good Morning,

Am sorry to hear about the issue with your update,

Please email customer.relations@thewatchlab.co.uk and provided your Service Job Number and i will provided you with more information.

Kind Regards

Customer Relations
"Do not use Watc lab Lakeside Thurrock absolutely rubbish! Waited 2 months to get a watch fixed,was told no later than 4 weeks.Had no correspondence from shop and everytime I rang to ask what was the problem I was told they would chase it up and ring me back but never got a return phone call!"
Good Morning,
Please accept my apology regarding the service you have received when visiting our Lakeside Branch. as per my email with yourself on the 23/07, explaining the issues that had caused the delay. Please email back if you wish me to look into this further.
Kind Regards
Customer Relations
"DONOT use The Hanley Potteries Shopping Centre store. I took a watch in for the glass face to be replaced and then was told 3 weeks later that the watch mechanism was broken and they would not fix it. It was not broken when it was taken in just wanted glass screen replacing due to a crack Terrible service and no way of fulfilling a complaint"
"Have a 10 year old Tag Heuer that needs a polish, was quoted £400 by Bromley store. That is scandalous, if i send it back to Tag-a full service AND polish is only £240. Whoever makes these prices up is pulling down the pants of the public? Fiasco Bros Ltd, avoid."
"Was misled by the Watch Lab of a repair to a Maurice Lacroix Watch which they claimed was repaired by the manufacturer (Maurice Lacroix) when in fact it was not."
(Scott Cunningham) - Posted 3 months ago
"My wife's Raymond Weil Shine needed the battery replacing for the first time so I took it to the Watch Lab Express in Newcastle on the recommendation of a Goldsmiths shop in the Eldon Square shopping centre (they are both part of the Aurum group). At the same time I purchased a black leather strap for it. When I was unable to change the strap I took it to the shop it was originally purchased from who said the back was not replaced correctly and one of tne screws was not an original. I returned it to the WatchLab, after they looked at it they denied any responsibitlity. I wrote to the company as advised by the Watch lab Kiosk Technician but received no response whatsoever. VERY poor service...I will now have to pay a real professional to repair it properly. Avoid like the Plague!!"
"A 7-month catalogue of lies and incompetence, YES my watch did take this length of time. Initially went in for adjustment fault, told would 'need' a £150 service that would take 6-8 weeks. Returned to the branch 3 times still faulty, also was told that the staff are unable to adjust the watch and would need to be sent away for this. I was lied to, told to accept the situation and eventually only dealt with the Director of Watch Lab when he could be bothered to phone me back. AVOID AVOID and AVOID"
"Paid £59:95 for a battery basically. Showed them my watch and was given all the blurb about how it would be reset, cleaned, resealed etc etc. Went back an hour later having already paid, to be told they couldn't do what they said they would do, but for another £195 they could give it a full service. I declined as it was clear they had no idea what they were doing having already said they had looked on the internet to see what they should do to reset it. If ever you'er in York, avoid these cowboys at all costs"
"The Watch Lab is rubbish. They quoted me for repairs to 2 watches back in October. I stupidly asked them to go ahead. First watch after some time they told me would cost £125 more than they quoted to repair. I didnt have much choice so i told them to go ahead. It took about 2 1/2 months to get my watch back. Second watch they told me would cost £400 more than they had quoted to repair & this was after they had had the watch for over 3 months. I wasnt going to be had again so I told them to return my watch. I still have not got it back & it is now April although it is in their store now. In all this time they have kept the money I paid them for the repairs on the first day back in October. DONT use this company it is just a rip off. They tell you they repair the watches but in my case they just sent them off to the manufacturer be repaired at massive cost."
"Booked a battery change and reseal by post for my Gucci watch, given a very reasonable price, send it off, was telephoned when the watch was received and then again when the work was done, watch sent back in a case all pristine, Thank you Watch Lab, will not hesitate to recommend you and Thank you Jim, your a star."
"Visited the Watch Lab in Newcastle to have a battery replaced on my Skagen watch. Watch was ready within 30 minutes to collect and had also been cleaned. Polite, quick and great service!"
"Went to Leicester for a new battery - they checked their system and apparently the last battery only lasted 18 months, so he replaced it for free. I couldn't be happier with the service as I was all prepped for arguing the toss about it going flat so quickly. Thank you Mark for exceeding my expectations."
"Took in a ladies Rolex cocktail watch, didn't hold up much hope as it was in pretty bad condition, the people at the watch lab were more optimistic than me and although it took just over a year due to sourcing the parts I was kept up to date all the way on my watch's journey, a week ago I went to pick it up from the York branch, OMG it looked stunning and definitely worth the wait. Well done and a big thank you to all at the York branch."
"The Watch Lab have had my watch for repair for six months. They have never contacted me to explain what the hold up is. I have chased many times. The staff at the branch in Kingston are charming but can do nothing. I have spoken to Jonathan Barker who is seemingly unable to determine what the actual problem is and when I can get my watch. I have paid £450 up front for a non-existent repair because my watch has great sentimental value. I have no idea when I will get it back. I would not recommend this company at all."
"Shocking - nearly 5 months for a battery replacement. Use at your own peril! Poor customer service, blaming suppliers without acknowledging my contract is with them... utterly tragic..."
"Excellent service in Birmingham Bullring. We took my husband's Seiko watch to them because strap had broken. Colin was very polite & helpful & looked on computer straight away to see if they could get strap for make/model number ..lucky for us there was one left. The watch was repaired & cleaned within 3 days. Will definitely recommend The Watch Lab to friends & family. Many thanks to Colin for his thoughtfulness & professionalism"
"After reading a number of positive reviews on the website, I decided to give the Watch Lab a go as my Omega Seamaster automatic was well over due a service and was losing time. I contacted them, dropped in my watch, received a same day quote and collected it less than 3 weeks after dropping it in. Jim on the front desk was friendly, helpful and very professional. Based on the customer service and quality of workmanship, I would highly recommend for those seeking similar work. My watch was in good condition when it went in and came back looking brand new. (Watch Lab Branch was Fulwood, Preston Branch)"
"After visiting their store in York I thought this would be a company to use for a battery replacement and service, I don't live near York so need to use their mail order service. After taking my time to fill in their online enquiry form I received a rather generic email back that says they will either get back to me or if I don't hear from them they can not help me. So their approach to paying customers asking to use the services they offer is to ignore the customers they don't want? Never heard back from them so in future will look to use a company that looks after their potential customers."
"Limited edition toy watch ruined. AVOID THIS PLACE Limited edition toy watch, I only took it in to be cleaned, next day I collected it but realised there was a screw missing. They promptly blamed it on me/said it was already missing (even though it couldnt have been as i wouldnt have been able to wear it). Next day they call and say its been repaired, screw they have fitted is oversized and doesnt fit properly but isnt very noticable. However the rubber part of the strap has been cut/snapped!! Again the assistant blamed the watch, even though I wear it with no issues. I come back half hour later and they have broken the strap in a second place so it is completely ruined. Toy discontinued the part a long time ago. The assistant had the cheek to offer me a brown generic strap!! No apologies just blaming the watch and even said they wish they never took the job on!! They tried to give me the watch back broken but I refused to take it. I have messaged complaints via the website but no response so I am currently starting small claims court proceedings. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, INEXPERIENCED AND RUDE STAFF"
"I visited the Watch Lab in Merry Hill which is located in Debenhams. Although my watch wasn't the one being repaired but my friends, I can honestly say the service she received was extremely good, and Jaz was very personable and professional and had a good sense of humour, so we all had a good laugh. My friend came away with her watch battery changed and her wedding ring cleaned and she was more than happy with the service. The only thing I would say was that their service for valuing items of jewellery is extremely expensive compared to a local jewellers by £25, so I don't think I, nor my friend will be having any of our items valued at The Watch Lab."
The WATCH Lab is rated 4.43 based on 955 reviews