The Purple Property Shop Reviews

Read The Purple Property Shop Reviews

sally@purplepropertyshop.com

482 Blackburn Road

Tell us how The Purple Property Shop made you happy
What can i say! What am allowed to say! Having been threatened with slander and legal action i feel i cannot tell the full truth about my experiences of trying to rent a property through Purple Property Shop. When things go wrong they really go wrong for this company. As with anything like this common sense goes out the window. The only advice i can offer is. When visiting a furnished or part furnished property make sure you follow up everything in writing so there are no nasty surprises after you've signed the contract. I even offered a meeting with the MD which rather sadly got turned down. To summarise. I did get my first months rent and deposit back but lost my money for credit check. Overall really disappointing and incredibly incredibly stressful process. I am glad its over but i felt compelled to leave a review of sorts.
Appalling service. These people talk vulnerable people into believing them. After my offer got accepted by the vendor they forced her to keep the property on the market and tried to maximise their own profit margin. When eventually they managed to get 20k more out of me. I had a survey done which showed flaws, Lynne asked for a copy of the report which I refused. So then Lynne called the vendor and advised her what repairs needed to be carried out and sold to someone else fraudulently as serious cracks were covered up and viewers weren’t shown the part of the property with the cracks, apparently they didn’t have a key!! That day.. no surprises why. They just cheat people to line their own pockets. Thankfully I’m glad to see the back of them.
I found The Purple Property Shop inexistent until there was a query on the property I was 1 week away from completing. I was spoken to by their Customer Service Manager Lynne Mason who spoke to me in a very unprofessional manner and labelled me a liar after apparently speaking to my Solicitor which she hadn’t. She had only spoken to a Fee Earner/Assistant. I’ve bought properties in the past and I’ve never been treated so poorly by any other agency. My advice would be for The PPS to give Lynne more training on the negotiation side of the sale rather than completely forgetting about TCF. A very poor experience.
Dear Mr Jackson, thank you for your email. I have looked in to the concerns you have raised and can confirm the following. You were buying a property through us and emailed the sellers directly to inform them that your solicitor had informed you he didn't feel the property was worth what you were paying and I undestand you were questioning an amount of £25,000 which we believe you were looking to have the property reduced by. You had already had a survey and this was valued at the price you agreed when you first put an offer in. Lynne questioned with your solicitor why they would say something like this and they confirmed they at no point has they told you not to purchase it and are shocked that you are claiming this. We take attempts to mislead our sellers very seriously and believe you were attempting to get a £25,000 reduction which is why you did not approach us but tried to enter into a negotiation directly with the sellers. The sellers are extremely upset by what you have done and have asked you make no further contact with them.
They kept leaving our house with a door unlocked even after we kept telling them each time they even denied it we had to write our own description for the add
As you have highlighted some negative issues I have investigated them and spoken to staff in our staff meeting this morning and would like to feedback this to you. 1. They kept leaving the door unlocked even after we kept telling them each time they even denied it. Your property went on the market on the 8th September 2017 and we booked in three viewings on the 9th September 2017. Following these viewings you contacted us to inform us that the porch (inner) door have not been double locked. This was discussed with our viewing agent and she confirmed that she had checked the door on leaving the property and it was locked and secure. It then transpires that the door has a double lock which we were unaware of but that you brought to our attention. I understand from our viewing agent that the outermost door was locked and secure and this inner door was also locked and secure but not double locked. Our staff discussed this with you and from our notes I can confirm you were happy following this discussion. Notes were placed on our estate agency software regarding the door and that it was always double locked on all other occasions. I am not aware, nor are any member of staff, of any other occasion when you contacted us about the door. Please can you provide me the information on when you has to contact us ‘each time’ regarding the door being left unlocked so I can check our phone records and notes as to what actions we took. 2. we had to write our own description for the add. Our property marketing manager attended your property on the 7th September 2017 at 11:30am to undertake the write-up and photography of the property. A full copy of the write up and photos were sent to you the same day at 5:30pm and you responded to this with some changes to the write-up and these changes were made and the property went live. The purpose of sending the write-up to you is so you can confirm it is correct and suggest any changes to it, which is what you did. I disagree with your accusation that you did the write-up. I have compared both the write-up Danielle did and the one you did and would suggest that your changes are minimal and do not support your suggestion that you undertook the write-up.
From the moment we enquired about a property we felt pressurised to put our property on the market with them. If you have a disability do not use this estate agent, they have no compassion or knowledge of our struggles. They showed us a property and the viewing was unprofessional and they had ommited important details. We cancelled putting our property on the market with them within 48 hours. It cost us £400 buyer beware! This estate agent is only interested in your money. Don't let them market your property!
We didn't find you to be very helpful with us as we are first time buyers, it was hard arranging viewings as we never heard back from you half the time we had to arrange with the seller, we also thought some of the staff was very rude towards us and looked down on us, when we go to sell our property we would indefinately use a different estate agent.
Dear Natalie and Daryl - thank you for your response. I have looked into the issues you have raised and talked to staff. They all remember you both and are shocked that you feel this way. Our Office Manager remembers how happy you were with the offer and Danielle spoke to Daryl on a few occasions when he wanted to know information about the property and feels the conversations went well. Our staff focus really hard on our communication with both buyers and sellers and as I sit in the office and hear these conversations I would be very unhappy if anyone was rude to a client. I am sorry you feel this way and hope this has not spoilt your experience of house buying. Best wishes in your new home.
My family has used The Purple Property Shop for residential sales in the past and always had a great service! As such they were my first port of call when I recently wanted to sell commercial property, a 2 storey office premises in Bury. The agent, Matt met with me at the office and advised me of my options. He had also valued the property at more than I anticipated and so glad I went with his advice I had my reservations about it generating interest let alone selling in the current Covid climate! These reservations proved to be unfounded and pleased to say a number of interested parties visited almost immediately the property was listed on the various portals. Several offers were made with one of the viewers offering the full asking price and the property has now sold, Great Result! Selling with The Purple Property was far easier than I had thought it was going to be. From the initial valuation meeting to finding a buyer was a matter of only a week or so. They kept me updated regarding the various viewings and offers made and advised me accordingly when low offers were made!! As far as I am concerned Matt, Sally and their team did brilliantly and offer great value for money. I would have no hesitation in recommending or using The Purple Property Shop for any future residential or commercial property sales. At all times I felt I was in good hands 👍
I have swapped from renting with another company to purple property shop. From the outset, you can tell they care and want top service for both sides of the process. Ashley Glenn has been particularly helpful and put lots of time and effort in, for myself and the tenants. Excellent service and would highly recommend.
Misleading information and hiding details. We have seen one property on 28th Thursday, one of the staff from their office advised us there is another viewing on Saturday 30th. When we contacted them on saturday morning, they said the property is already sold, can't reveal the amount of the property sold for. I recommend all sellers please avoid this estate agent to get more price for your property.
All round bad experience with service as a first time buyer, turned a happy time for us into a very stressful and upsetting one. Would avoid getting involved in purchasing a property advertised by you in the future.
Thank you for your review. Our agent recalls the negotiation regarding the property you are now purchasing through us. I understand you're upset at putting an offer in on one of our properties and following this being accepted by the seller during the viewing, unfortunately another higher offer was also accepted by the seller during another viewing. Subsequently these buyers did not proceed and our agent came back to you to see if you still wanted to purchase it and you said yes and it is now under offer for you. You vocalised your views very clearly to our agent on the phone. I fully understand how this can be stressful, particularly as first time buyers, but we are required to act on the instruction of the sellers. I understand the sales process is proceeding smoothly and we wish you well in your new home.
we did not receive a sale memo or even a confirmation email/letter after agreeing to buy the house (despite asking several times) and then suddenly they say the property was 91,000 instead of the agreed 90,000 and we had no way to prove this. this was very stressful for us although it was sorted out eventually. communication was poor overall and we constantly had to worry if things were being done right. they also advertised the property as no chain which ended up being untrue and the lady I spoke to seemed to be aware of this all along which was also very annoying. I would not buy or sell through this place ever again.
5* Service. This was my 2nd sale with The Purple Property Shop this year. Sold in less than 5 days after my first choice (wrong choice) agent has it for 20 weeks. It was advertised at the same price and the responce was over whelming. Sold at full asking price. A massive thank you to Danielle for truly brilliant pictures, to Sharon who did the viewing and Lynne for pushing it through as quickly as an did. The team at The Purple Property Shop have been fantastic and I hope to use them again for my next project. Keep up the amazing work.
The Purple Property Shop is rated 4.76 based on 280 reviews