TalkTalk Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how TalkTalk made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
TalkTalk 1 star review on 23rd May 2018
David
More Photos & Videos
Rubbish broadband and customer service, never going to answer your call, money wasted
Should have 0 option for review, a cheater company, you can't contact with them for problem, worst ever broadband.
Your connection is just completely shocking!! All the time, like every day!! At least 10-20 times a day it drops connection. You blame all sorts of stuff. At my house I’ve had virgin for years and it NEVER loses connection AT ALL!! Keep telling my missus to ditch your crappy service, but she lives out in the sticks so can’t get anything else. The connection you provide is that of the early 90’s AT BEST! You only have to look at the company’s reviews to see that TalkTalk is completely S#$T!!
I pay for superfast broadband and get a speed of 16 when only one device is on. Wifi is patchy throughout house with it dropping out constantly. You can't get through to a human on website, phone number, or in 'chat'. Disgusted, apalling and ridiculous. Would never recommend. Scammers. Only 6% recommending them tells you all you need to know.
WORSE PROVIDER EVER!!!!!! Do not switch !!!!! The worse customer service skills, not worth it , in the end I cancelled and would rather pay £7 a month more to have BT than deal with them!
broadband keeps dropping out was told to swich off all divices when it happens if that doesnt solve it it could be your nabours devices or electricl/magnetic activity in your area.joke or what.
I recently experienced poor fibre broadband speeds recently. When I phoned Talktalk yesterday and spoke to Xolisle Technical services from the Durban call centre, after testing the line ok she was very patient and professional. She immediately diagnosed a router fault and immediately ordered a new one for delivery in 1-2 working days.Well, the new router arrived by DHL courier the next day and after this was installed , my fibre broadband speed was at once increased. I know the customer service reviews are generally poor but I cannot fault Talktalk this time. Very, very well done Talktalk. I am really most impressed.
My broadband has never worked properly from the beginning
appalling service been waiting 2 and half months for broadband for the engineer not to come out yesterday never rang me never buzzed the intercom when calling talk talk they kept saying 24 hours and didn't seem bothered absolute disgrace of a company and will be going to the ombudsman shortly to raise my issues as a new customer this is disgusting
Unfortunate customer get into this contract on 9th of April, broadband connected on 23rd, drop signal. TV very primitive, very slow TV box. I want to leave the contract, but your letter says "early termination fee £144. There are plenty of reasons to leave.
1. Signal drops
2. TV slow to switch on
3. Not able to contact
4. Chat waiting time ridiculous
5. Each time I'D check, explaining my problem, frustrating
I am a NHS front line worker, already me and my family have been going through a very stressful period. By chatting with your customer service team for last 3days I have got some additional. It's enough.
If you all really want the early termination fee, if that's the way you all earn money for your company, please let me know.
I had the slower speed wifi from them and it gave me around 10 mbs but would rarely drop out. I then upgraded to the super fast wifi. I get a whole 12mbs but it drops out so often it's awful.
I rang and because I'm undergoing treatment for my lungs he kept calling me mister I said I'm the account holder and def a female he then asked me what medication was I on for my throat..... Most odd company. I never use the phone. I was told to plug it back in after I was told to remove the front of the BT socket. Strangely enough having information on the medication I take for my lungs or the removing of the front of the BT phone socket and plugging in the phone I never use my wifi drops out and has dropped off from an average 12 to a mean average of 5mbs. If only virgin could come to the town I live. talk talk I could not possibly recommend them
My experience with talktalk

My internet was active on 24th of April 2020. My contact was faster fibre with minimum 57mbps speed . From the first day i was getting maximum 37mbps speed. I have spoken to several talk talk technician via chat , for the next 5 days until 29th of April , finally i was told that my internet speed will be normal after 14 days as this is going to some optimisation period. On 8th of april still no improvement of speed , again i have chatted with more technician and finally i have been told on 12th of may that i don’t have the boost and my internet was limit maximum up-to 40 mbps. Thats why i am not getting not more than 37 mbps ( mystery solve ) . This is pathetic that i had to chat almost 3 weeks to find out that my broadband speed was limit to 40 mbps even though i order the superfast broadband. Anyway that technician added the boost on 12th of may , i was told it will be active within 24 hours ,on 13th of may again i called but was told by technical again will be solve in next 24 hours . So on 14th i chat with them again , this time was told my order is stuck so the technician suggested to cancelled my pending order and add a new one this way i will have the boost . But after cancelling the order the technician could not add the boost again so i was told to contact again tomorrow which is 15th of may 2020. Since 24th of april to 14th may i have spoken to at least 30 to 40 technician and i was very disappointed with the customer service, i strongly believe staff are not trained properly an that’s why customer like us is suffering and wasting our time with them . Horrible broadband company .
Throttling and disconnecting my service. Customer service zero.very underhand tactics like freezing the app and unable to connect to them because they block you when trying to contact them . Basically the worst service had to contact them over 100 times in 6 months about them disconnecting my internet
It has passed the transfer date and the router still hasn't arrived yet.
Every singe week some issues with connection. Don’t waste your money
Stay way clear of talktalk , They are the worst phone company on the planet.
I upgraded to faster broadband , Still getting slow buffering speeds , the only difference now is it's costing me an extra £10 a month on top of what I was paying !
When told them I was cancelling my direct debit there reply was if I did I would have to pay the full balance of my contract,
Hope your proud talktalk as that resorts to bullying because you can do what you want as you are the high and mighty !
Well not in my world , your bullies and thieves and can't wait till my contract ends and I never have to deal with you again.
Please people ,do not go with this company and go through what I have
I was due to leave Talktalk on the 7 4 20 and join Plusnet everything was set up new router in place for a quick changeover alas Plusnet could not get the landline from TT so after a week of trying they gave up so Vodafone was my next port of call same scenario so I called TT and asked why my land line was not being released they assured me it was not but if i stayed with them they would sort it out so after a month without a land line and 3 visits from OpenReach engineers my landline was repaired my very slow broadband was back and apprentley a new contract was in place that I have to pay a release charge to get out of on my numerous calls to TT they mentioned compensation more than ten times When I try to log into my account I am informed that my e mail or password are incorrect its so frustrating
upgraded to faster broadband in November 2019 which is suppose to be over 60 Mbps at an extra cost , Its now May 2020 and getting 12 Mbps !
I have spent over 14 hours trying to get this problem sorted out .
I am using the talktalk router and every time I phone to complain they say they need to run diagnostics on the line .
We are now 6 months in and have been paying the extra money from November 2019.
On the last conversation I told them I was going to cancel the direct debit as I am not getting what I'm paying for and have waited for 6 months to try and sort this matter.
They told me if I did cancel they will charge me the full contract term which still has 12 months to go !
They are truly thieves in every sense of the word and advise never to go with such a company .
I really hope this review saves people from going through what I am going through
TalkTalk is rated 1.28 based on 658 reviews