TalkTalk Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how TalkTalk made you happy
I had the same problems with TT as the people below. Cancelled my contract because I was moving house, they never responded and continued to charge. When I was finally able to speak to someone on the phone they completely ignored the issue that I wanted to discuss, i.e. that I had already written to cancel the service altogether. They sent a debt recovery agency to me and said that they had replied to my letter but it was me who never got back to them. In the end I had to go to CAB to get help. I'm not finished with them yet but the whole experience has caused me so much distress that I never want to use their service again and I cannot recommend it to anyone. The worst customer service, rude, abrupt, ineficcient. All they want is money and keep you tied to them for as long as possible so they can take even more money out of you. TT is all about themselves, they do not listen to the customer or discuss anything the customer may wish to discuss, they only talk about what THEY want. I've never experienced such a bad provider, it's got to be the worst company out there. And I was a customer for 5 years and paid by direct debit, never defaulted ... just because I wanted to cancel the service, this is what you get. Totally unprofessional.
Absolutely shocking service...speed is consistently half what it should be and there's NOTHING super about their super hub...more than one device connected then forget doing anything for the next few days!! Con Artists
TalkTalk has to be bar far the worst providers and even worse for dealing with customer complaints. the customer service team are abrupt and rude. I have had so many problems with them one of which was when they stopped my outgoing calls without a courtesy call or txt. After paying the bill they informed me that I would have to pay a further bill matching the same amount for the coming month which they couldn't possibly predict how many calls I was going to make. A couple of weeks later they went into my bank account and withdrew the amount. Furious did not even come close to how I felt. they did however agree to put the money back into my account but insisted that it would have to be paid in instalments on top of my bill each month. I think not. I paid the bill simply so that I could leave this awful company who has no compassion or respect for their loyal customers the absolute worst. DO NOT BE PROVIDED BY TALKTALK. This is just one of many complains I have against them, who incidentally were also called out on BBC watchdog earlier this year. one word summery. awful.
On 14th August, someone from an organization called something like Quick Switch, compared what I was paying my current provider for telephone, broadband and television. I was given a much better price for Talk Talk, and made the switch. On 19th August the new Super Router and TV box arrived, with a letter saying the switch over would take place on 21st August. I had the new equipment installed on 21st August, and only then discovered that I had made a big mistake. It did not record, stopped in the middle of programmes, showed only subtitles but no pictures on some programmes. I telephoned my previous supplier saying I wished to change back to them, but found that the order for the switch was given as 6th August. I telephoned Talk Talk and they also claimed that I 'phoned them on 6th August, and that now I had run out of what they called 'cooling off' time, and must pay a cancellation fee. I asked how I could decide whether or not I was happy with their service if I was unable to try it until I had the equipment. I told them I did not place any order on 6th August, and they agreed to look into it and get back to me. Needless to say, they didn't. I 'phoned again, but was told that if I wish to cancel I shall have to pay their cancellation fee.

If anyone asks you to consider switching to Talk Talk, don't. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT.
On 14th August I was approached by someone from a company called something like Quick Switch, who compared the price I was currently paying my provider for telephone, broadband and television, and was offered a much lower price. I signed up. On the 19th I received the new super Router and TV box and a letter saying that the service would go live on 21st August. I had it all installed on that day, but quickly found that I was unable to record programmes, can only get sound on some programmes, that it would stop in the middle of adverts, and then play them again when I pressed forward. By 23rd August I had had enough, and wanted to go back to my previous supplier. However, they informed me that I placed the order on 6th August, and that therefore my 'cooling off' period was already over. I explained that I did not place any order on 6th August, and asked how you could expect to decide whether you were happy with Talk Talk if you had not even had an opportunity to try it. Was promised they would look into it and see who placed the order, as I certainly didn't. I was told they would get back to me. They didn't. Eventually I got back to them, and was told that if I cancelled I would have to pay a cancellation fee. Warning: If anyone tries to persuade you to change to Talk Talk, DON'T. I have now heard of others who have had similar bad experiences with them.
absolute a sham of company do avoid, i can go on for days with this but i'm just going to keep it simple. This company fails to provide you with a service and then blames your mechanics for the issues. I have prepared a bundle and will be taking them to court as they billing me and adding a late charge fee, obviously i will not be paying, their call centre is based in the Philippines who, these act as if they have received the pinnacle of professional training (far from it), will be going back to BT
If you ring customer service they tell you to email. If you email, they tell you to use chat. If you leave a review, they direct you to use Facebook or Twitter. Does anyone ever help you? I managed to get some help on the phone. I was told I would get a call back from a manager...this hasn't happened. So I rang again and was asked to email. I got an automatic reply telling me to use chat. When I use chat, I get disconnected half way through the conversation. It isn't on. It's anxiety inducing. I don't know how they are still going!
Worst service
I request to cancelled my contact still they are charging me
After numorous phone calls, four days later still without internet, customer services a complete joke, just keeps saying we are looking into it, what four days later.
Talk talk leave vulnerable people just that vulnerable.
I’ve given you one star, that’s only because there isn’t a zero.
On the phone again still no further forward, you have until 5 o clock tonight talk talk to get our internet working and compensation for the days we haven’t been able to access it Or we leave with no cost to us, the contract has been broken by you.
Would not recommend this company.
Appalling customer service and try to rip you off with final bill when you say you are leaving.
How can they advertise that they offer fibre optics to new customers when I am told that they can't offer that to me in central London? After 3 months+ of endless problems because my connection is no longer strong enough for Skype or Zoom, there have been multi phone calls (often lasting for ages), but they still couldn't resolve the problems, so I am leaving them. They said that I am a priority because of being older, on my own and recovering from Covid, so have tried everything possible- Heaven knows what treatment non priority people get!!! They will be hearing a lot more from me in terms of compensation.
AVOID. This company registered my phone line to a wrong address. The new provider can't take over my line until this is resolved. After over two weeks of phone calls and live chats (one lasting two hours and then got cut off and the last one lasting 3 hours) my query was still not answered. I then raised an official complaint. Charlotte rang me back to assure me that the problem had been sorted and could we close the complaint. My error was to say yes because I now can't get hold of her. After contacting the new provider they have confirmed that it has NOT been done. My new provider is now having to send out an engineer to connect a new line because of Talk Talk's incompetency. Please do not make the mistake of taking out a contract with them. Apart from the fact they registered the line wrong in the first place the customer service is appalling.
A week with no internet, lies on phone and chat, tried to charge us cancellation fees: WORST EVER BROADBAND EXPERIENCE
I never write reviews, but this time I have to. It almost felt like we were being scammed, if it wasn't for one agent who did her job, thank you, though it took a month. Whilst internet service was decent for the money (always jumping, low but fair speed of 17/20 Mpbs, but that was the deal), simply changing address and then trying to leave them after they couldn't do the transfer was a total nightmare. I am so exhausted at some point I just had to beg them to cancel the account. I might need therapy.

Communication is a word they have no idea of. We had to make ENDLESS phone calls (some with 45/50 minutes waiting time) only to be transferred repetitively team to team (once we even were transferred back to the main menu!! after holding for 45 mins!), always having to provide the same account information. I was even refused to escalate to a manager, loads of chats (with waiting time too) to multiple teams. Hours, days, a month wasted because each department doesn't communicate with each other. We appreciate the difficulties during COVID (although this was after lockdown) and were always kind to them, but this is out of this world. Is it that hard to leave a note on the account? To take care of customers rather than trying to end the call or dismiss the chat providing inaccurate information? Unprofessional. We tried to leave as they left us with no internet when changing address, but mainly due to poor customer service.

Despite us giving the required 14 days notice they failed to setup the new address. The engineer failed after 4 hours of work. He said he'll be back and we've never seen him again. No call or email from them or Openreach. We waited 2 days in fairness, we understand that issues can occur, but nothing, no contact. Some of us work from home and it caused immense issues. After a week of chats and calls (we had to make) where we were promised we would get the service soon (tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, etc etc) and it never happened, we called TalkTalk and also made contact via chat again, this time to cancel definitively. We just had enough of the poor customer service. After a whole day of trying to talk to them, transferred so many times and their lines not working, we were told it was fine and cancellation would be free of charge since the services were never activated. We then called and chat once more to confirm, we were confirmed the same. We then switched to Virgin thinking talktalk was history and it only took 2 days, self-installation was about 30 mins. Quite a difference! For only 10£ more a month. I'd say it's worth it.

After a week they call us saying the engineer will be there by the end of the week. Wait, what? We tell the operator we cancelled a week ago, we got Virgin and we're not interested. He rudely interrupts saying we're wrong but says he will take a note and cancel any visit scheduled. We call cs service again to make sure we cancelled, after a few transfers the loyalty team confirms again and says that all we need to do is wait for a bag to arrive to return their equipment to leave in the postbox. It never arrives.

Fast forward to now, It's been a month that we try to cancel and believed we already did. We chat to ask where the bag is, and I kid you not: the agent says services (which were never used) are active and we never cancelled. What? After talking to so many people, being reassured, a new agent tells us not only that we never cancelled, but that, despite having never used internet or TV or phone, if we cancel now we'll have to pay an early disconnection fee of £138+!! due to a new contract beginning (which we believed was already cancelled before starting date). OMG. I was fuming but trying my best to remain calm and as polite as I always am. The agent insists, but I insist too: we're not paying this. Not fair to pay for a mistake your staff has done. If I hadn't asked, he would have just charged us. After way too long he then transfers me to another team, saying only they can remove the fee, the "Retention team". I say yes, please, anyone just solve this issue. We just want to leave this company.

After being transferred, finally one agent actually does her job, looks into the account and realises that the previous agents didn't cancel the "home move order", wrongly told us they did do it and after speaking to (finally) her line manager they waive the fee and the final bill (since no services were ever used). Good God, it's been exhausting and stressful, but finally the end of the nightmare.

What strikes to me is how difficult and unprofessional they've been to simply move and then delete an account. My advice is to firstly reduce the number of teams, improve internal communication, train agents better to leave more detailed comments, transfer to the correct team IMMEDIATELY and set more quality KPIs rather than quantity, so they wouldn't misinform.
Our broadband was suppose to go live on the 20/8. When we rang to check customer services say give it till the end of the day should be ok. Next day 21/8( Friday) still nothing so we rang again, they said no stop order signed. So now have to wait till next Tuesday. Tuesday morning comes, by now I think you know the story. They keep giving you incomprehensible information and jargons so you can’t understand what is going on. Asked us to wait till next day. Ofcom says switching is an easy process but this is not so. Frustration and now without internet for almost one week. We will complaint to Ofcom. This is not acceptable.
If I could give less stars then one I would
Never had a good speed, always lower then promised, then 4 months ago started complete nightmare...
Long story short, cancelled direct debit, tryed to cancel, but unsuccessful to date.
Avoid, avoid at all cost!!!
Don't let yourself into this rootless, money thirsty bloodsuckers!
Check for real customers reviews, don't fall for price!
Keep save, god bless
This is the worst case ever, never experienced such an awful service.

2 years I had fairly good Internet, problems started around 4 months ago.

There was no Internet when I needed it, engineers came and go, interner was down as soon as they out of the door.

I simply couldn't get through to anyone, the customer service is not existant with TalkTalk, you can't event talk to anyone, lines are down all the time.

You can't cancel the service ether for the same reasons.

Only way is to cancel the direct debit, cause they taking the money on time, but you receive nothing for that. So I did it.

Then the starter threatening you and accumulate the bill with extra charges... Ridiculous, you are not providing people with a product you charge for, so full stop.

Numerous chats, when it was established didn't get me anywhere ether.

They want a month to sort things out, but you already had 4 months!!!!!!!

I need to be out of it and quick and free.

One thing I can promise, if no one is responding, I post 1 bad review every day on different platforms, making sure no people is getting in the same trap as I am.
Didn't get to returns/refunds process, they're dumb to their customers outcry.
Don't fall for price trap, you won't be able to get out, they're useless.
One thing about delivery, you'll get their rooter fast, but this is about it...
Hope that was useful
Avoid at all costs
The worst broad band. After using it for 3 weeks, I've constantly been getting high ping in games etc. It took me about 20 seconds to load this page because of how slow the wifi is. Literally every 5 - 15 minutes I've got 'an internet problem' popping up and I can't even use my wifi. I literally have to use mobile data. When I'm in a game my ping spikes to 1000 - 10000ms and it isn't even a joke.
After spending many hours over many months for so many problems I’ll am just going to keep it short and say for your health and mental wellbeing Don’t even consider this “ company “
Awful customer service, rang up twice to cancel my contract on the end date more than 30 days before. Got told I couldn't until after 30 days before, then rang up within those dates and told that I had to ring over 30 days before. Apparently no record with the advisor I spoke to because it was "a different company" that also works on behalf of TalkTalk so I have to ring them. Mental that you can call TalkTalk and not talk to TalkTalk or the TalkTalk customer service company that you spoke to last time. Crazy outsourcing policy and awful customer service.
Also the internet is rubbish.
I was furloughed 5 months ago and had to move back to family. I contacted them asked them to pause it till i move back out and was happy with their service even though it never reached their minimum guaranteed speed. I was told i cant cancel and its impossible to pause. 5 months later been paying for their service without using it then lose my job. I try to cancel as im now unemployed and was told i got to pay £50 fee to cancel. Lack of compassion throughout, once im back on my feet il happily pay more to go else where.
TalkTalk is rated 1.27 based on 724 reviews