Talktalk Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Talktalk

How would you rate Talktalk?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

186 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
kevin bailey
Do not respond to complaints

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Talktalk in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Do not respond to complaints"
"Absolutely diabolical service, nothing i can say good about them, Just read the reviews, You will only have yourself to blame then if you go with them"
"The worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, absolutely useless in every way imaginable, can't identify a simple fault on my landline, denying that the fault is on their line three times therefore forcing me to call out a local telephone engineer out at my expense (£54) to tell me that the fault is on the talk talk line after all.arranging an engineer visit through them to fix the fault and being told that i will be charged £60 if I miss the visit and then for nobody to turn up on the day says it all. I have tried countless times to contact them via email as this is my preferred method of communication as I have difficulty in understanding them on the phone, each time I get a reply saying that a manager will contact me within three days but the call never comes, I have asked for a uk based email address to contact them on but surprise surprise they don't have one, every department is utterly useless and I am yet to receive one single helpful piece of advice or comment from them, absolutely clueless. I will shortly be disposing of this rubbish and taking my business elsewhere to a company with a proven track record of customer service and call centres in the UK which counts for a lot after this experience , do not touch this bunch of cowboys unless you want to be mentally tortured by them."
"The worst customer service ever! Takes forever to resolve the issue, they have no clue of what they are doing and they put you on hold most of the time for about 10-15 minutes! They never answer anything to the point, and you have to waste your time listening to the useless chatter! Incredibly annoying!!! THE WORST!!!!"
"disgusting company and clueless customer service"
"Customer service is diabolical. Call centres seem to all be based India/Pakistan. They gabble on almost unintelligibly, and you have to ask them to repeat their selves numerous times. My phone has now been out for 19 days. Fault diagnosed with external line 14 days ago. I have now had enough of being stressed out by their useless customer service, and am changing my provider to one with its call centre in England."
"Dreadful"
"Utterly, utterly useless from start to finish. Nothing but incessant problems which they are unable to resolve. Customer service team are completely clueless. Must have spent more than 12 hours on the phone to them with no resolution. Now trying to break my contract and 'unidentified issues' mean I cannot port my phone number to another provider. Spare yourself the pain - do not do it!"
"The worst broadband providor on earth! Avoid like the plague."
"OMG I have never experienced such bad customer service from anything in my life, caused so much stress and frustration over a minor tech issue that to this day is still unresolved, I just gave up in the end, they were unable to activate my tv, it was comic book and unbelievable at times, can't understand how they are operating! biggest regret ill ever have, take heed, stay away if you want to retain some sanity, absolute disgrace"
"Appalling customer service staff, can barely speak or understand English. They read to you from a card and are unable to understand if you veer away from their pre loaded replies. Ask to talk to a manager and be kept waiting 30+ minutes, then you are placated and lied to just to get you off the line. Their complaints dep't is also based in Asia, so don't expect any satisfaction! Their "cable" service is only to the main service box, then it is normal phone line to your property."
"Avoid at all costs. As soon as something goes wrong you'll understand that you made a very bad decision joining them. My phone and internet went dead. As my account was on my wife's name I used their chat service to contact them. Assuming there was a woman on the other end they brush it all off telling there is nothing wrong with the line and were asking me to do all of diagnosis. After an hour of me telling them is the line that is at fault and not the route I gave up and told them I was in fact the husband and I wasn't exactly a tech idiot. Suddenly they managed to find a fault with the line. Sexiest that apart I kept being transferred from department to department the entire afternoon spent dealing with them getting nowhere. I was promised a call back by a manager which didn't happen. I had to call them. Again 2 hours and 10 minutes being passed from one department to another. All the time talking to managers who could not change my experience and then being insulted with £2 compensation. Only when I asked to speak to a person of higher authority did he find another £10 still half the cost that I had to spend to purchase mobile data. To conclude don't be fooled by the cost saving as you'll pay in other ways. Avoid avoid avoid. I am stuck on the contract I have no choice but soon as that is over never going to renew with them."
"Broadband keeps dropping out and there is no enineers to talk to .they say 'ask the forum' and threaten you with big bills if they find nothing, my signal has been lost at least three times a week going back to SKY"
"internet rubish very slow all the time and have to wait to long for engerner to come out not hapoy at all"
"This company should be drummed out of business for their shoddy service and appalling customer service, terrible download speeds, frequent down times and nasty tricky special offers. Check them out at who is down and you will see what I mean. However, with recent govt changes they will not be able to get away with it for much longer. Good."
"Excellent fantastic set up of account, visit by engineer and provision of service. After a recent nightmare with Virgin Media it was refreshing to deal with a company who were professional in their communications and delivered on their promises."
"Poorest service: everything is fine unless you need to contact them or have a problem. Their call center is in India. Agents and supervisors have NO AUTHORITY to act on your account so that escalation to management is necessary and RESPONSE COMES AFTER 5 working days. Being bounced from 1 person to the other is common. The first call I made to them was to change the delivery date for the service start: it lasted 30 minutes and I didn't get what I needed. LAST CALL I MADE LASTED 50 MINUTES and again I didn't get what I needed. Cancelling made difficult: Subscribing new services is extremely easy but cancelling from your on-line account over 1 click is not possible: why do they force you to go through chat or phone to cancel while subscribing is so easy? Bandwidth: Not constant, sometimes good sometimes down."
"Complete utter waste of time, DO NOT JOIN THIS RUBBISH COMPANY"
"I would like someone english to call me and take ownership of my account and follow through from start to finish because for three months now I am just going round in frustrating and fruitless circles. I just want the broadband that I am paying for!!"
"I usually read reviews before i buy something. Unfortunately didn't read any reviews for talk talk before i set an account with them. I called them on 02.11.17. Today is 29.11.17 and still no internet. Long story short, just don't choose them. Pay 2 pounds extra to someone else. I believe its worth the frustration you are going to avoid."
Talktalk is rated 1.24 based on 186 reviews