TalkTalk Reviews

11% of reviewers recommend TalkTalk

Tell us how TalkTalk made you happy

Over a week
"THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO DEAL WITH. THE BROADBAND IS ONLY 1.5 WHEN WE WERE TOLD IT WAS THE SAME AS SKY. HOWEVER, TALK TALK ARE WORKING ON THE PROBLEM - ONLY INTO FOURTH MONTH NOW SO SHOULD BE RESOLVED BY THE END OF THE CONTRACT. MY MUM IN SOUTH AFRICA WAS DYING AND THE INTERNATIONAL CALLING DID NOT WORK SO HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO USE THE TALK TALK MOBILE PHONE AND TALK TALK SAID THEY WOULD CONSIDER A REFUND WHEN THE COMPLAINT WAS RESOLVED. OF COURSE STILL NOT DONE AND HAVE CHARGED US PENALTIES. IF YOU PHONE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST 2 HOURS TO SPARE AS THEY REPEAT THE SAME QUESTION AT LEAST FOUR TIMES."
"Very bad service and Customer service"
"A fortnight after Joining TalkTalk, and at least 20 hours on the phone I still did not have a working internet or access to my account. I had two visits from open reach both informing me the line was in tip top condition, and that the signal to noise ratio was badly wrong, in other word TalkTalk were restricting my internet, I even listened to one of the engineers telling them this. I had no choice but to leave as I had no usable internet and it was unlikely they would resolve the problems caused by them. Over the last couple of months they have started demanding money for cancelling and moving to a supplier that instantly gave me internet. Now they are going to send this “dept” to a dept collector and were keen to tell me this would seriously affect my credit rating. TallTalk are an evil company who will go to any lengths to make money and have no concern for the way they treat their customers, you have been warned!"
"I’ve joined talktalk, with their fastes broadband on 15th of november 2018. From the very first day, the internet speed I was getting 40-54Mbps was way below the minimum guaranteed 66.6Mbps. As every broadband provider, talktalk says that the first 7 days, the internet gets stabilised and the speed settles, however after 2 weeks, i was still getting 54Mbps and below. I’ve contacted talktalk several times, they’ve sent out an openreach engineer, who looked to the settings, line quality and identified that nothing is wrong with my line and setup, just talktalk is not providing the promised speed. Today, 2.12.2018 I’ve contacted talktalk, that I’m not happy with the service they provide, and as they have the “Great Connection Guarantee” i’m still in the cool down period to freely cancel my broadband with talktalk. After requesting the cancellation on their online chat, my internet stopped working for 15 mins, and i got disconnected from the chat, after which I’ve received an email from talktalk, that i need to pay £359 as for early cancellation fee. (Still inside they great connection guarantee cool down period). Also just to mention, that when I opted to go with talktalk as my broadband provider, I've signed a contract for £26/month. Without any notification from talktalk, they raised my monthly bill to £28/month, this way my first bill ended up being £29.9 (£1.9 was the fee, that they took over my service from ee 1 day before my service month started) Conclusion: talktalk offers are just an illusion, they have a lot hidden costs which they forgot to mention and also their “super fast service” is terrible."
"The worst service in England. During the contract, they raise the price. Also I bought from them for the better speed Faster Fibre, but never get it. They sent to me Opensearch engineer and he found cable damage, reported to Talktalk but company nothing to did, just carry on charge extra money, I three days chatted to them and they said me: "We provide to you Faster Fibre and we will not return money to you." Maaad! Yesterday was frequent breakages of the connection and I contact to them again. (I played poker online and lost some money, not too much, but it is unpleasant) They offer me to send engineer for inspection again, but I have to pay for that 65 pound charge. I was indignant, began to explain the situation as a whole, but he just closed the chat. Now my internet connection speed 8.01 Mbps Thanks TalkTalk!"
"I terminated the contract with TALKTALK in June 2018. To be honest, I began to regret about it. My life with a new provider has become boring. During the last 4 months the Internet has never shut down. I miss so much the time when I was a customer of Talktalk, when every day several times I had the Internet disconnected, I endlessly overloaded the modem, called and wrote to Talktalk, spent many hours in chat. But Talktalk did not leave me, today, 4 months after the termination of the contract, Talktalk sent me a bill, I again owe them money. Moreover, without informing me, they independently activated Direct Debit and took my money. Phenomenal"
"DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE PROVIDER. The worst customer service I have ever experienced, the staff seem are incapable of answering any question (or even saying their name), without 30 seconds of mental buffering leading to hours, and hours spent on the phone to them without a resolution to even the simplest of issues/queries. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE PROVIDER The one thing they are supposed to provide to my household, the internet, has been faulty pretty much the entire time they have been supposed to be supplying it, for one reason or another, and yet they have not allowed us to leave, even though there is a mandatory 28 day period in which they have to if an issue has not been resolved. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE PROVIDER. The worst experience I have ever had by a huge margin. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE PROVIDER."
"Be it on your own head if you use this Company. Totally failed to transfer me from Sky to Talk Talk. Totally failed to notify SKY about the change over. Advised use of a power adapter even though engineer could only elicit a signal that was one tenth of advertised promise. I cancelled agreement. Now hounding me for further payments (I cancelled my direct debit). Will not answer questions and will not elevate complaints to a superior manager. DO NOT USE !!!"
"I was a Talktalk customer for 4 years. The last 6 months it was a real nightmare. Internet dropped every day, several times every day. I wrote many complaints, spent many hours in online chat, but everything was useless. Then I demanded compensation. Can you imagine what Talktalk offered me? a £5 goodwill gesture!!! I paid £150, did not receive service, had to spend about 20 hours trying to fix Internet. They did nothing and offered me a £5 goodwill gesture! Sadistic bullying! Usually reviews on this site help to improve the service of companies. But not in the case of Talktalk. I specially looked for information about Talktalk and found that poor service and bullying are the main characteristics of Talktalk since 2009. TalkTalk were even fined £750,000 for "dishonest and misleading" sales practices following an Ofcom investigation. Since Talktalk ignores all our complaints, does nothing to improve the service, I think we, the customers, who received all this terrible service and numerous bullying, should set themselves the goal of getting Talktalk out of the market. To do this, we must describe in detail and objectively all the cases of the disgusting service of Talktalk, put the likes of other similar feedbacks, share experiences when it was possible to obtain compensation or successfully leave Talktalk. I hope that we will be able to attract the attention of the Ofcom to prohibit the activities of Talktalk."
"Absolutely disgusting company. Provided a service which was completely unusable for several months and failed to improve it despite numerous calls to their customer services and on their help chat. They never once bothered sending an engineer despite me requesting this several times. They have a 'minimum guaranteed speed' on their contract which states: 2.3 We’ll try to ensure you get the estimated speeds; however, we can’t guarantee this. It may take up to two weeks from installation for your speeds to stabilise. If, after this period, you’re constantly getting significantly lower speeds, contact us (see paragraph 19 above) so we can try to help. If there’s a fault, we’ll take reasonable steps, and you must take any reasonable steps we ask you to take, to correct such fault. If, after this, for the broadband or fibre service your speeds are still below the ‘minimum guaranteed access line speed’, you may cancel the service without liability. So when the service never improved after several months on me complaining and taking speed tests (always below minimum guaranteed) I tried to cancel. Firstly they wouldn't let me without trying to charge an early leaving fee. All they wanted was me to agree to this fee so then i would owe them. I didn't and i sent them the router back. Now they are claiming they have still been supplying the property (with no router) and have actually go debt recovery onto me!!!! after the disgrace of a service they provided. I am so disgusted this company is allowed to even trade. PLEASE DO NOT JOIN TALKTALK. Their prices are low but in the long run you're out of pocket as the service is so bad, it offers no value for money! In addition, they don't even adhere to their own contract and when I raised a complaint on condescending manager just argued with me the whole time. They were supposed to be resolving my complaint. PLEASE don't join this mess of a company. Thanks"
"I’ve only been a customer for less than a month. Their broadband and tv is completely not fit for purpose. Complaints fall on deaf ears"
"After 4 years of constant buffering never being allowed an up to date router I'm finally freeing myself of these vermin waste of money oh and don't expect anyone English to talk to you when things go wrong your on your own"
"Worst provider ever had service issue from end of May 2018 up till Sep 2018. Been told today I will not get any refund because I have not made a recent contact. A lot of rubbish. Openreach have made some work outside my property and left new line not connected but been told its my responsibility to contact Openreach due to its not affecting service. I was asking several times for the refund up to today where I have spend 1:50 min to be told that I'm not getting refund due to T&S not been meet with regarding contacting TT. Stay away of this provider I will try to terminate contract."
"Always had an exceptional service. If I've had any queries or need help, I always use the Talktalk Community. Takes longer for things to get sorted, but the OCE's are very competent and I've always had issues resolved through there. Would definitely recommend."
"Talk talk would not cancell my account I tried 7 times but no one spoke English then a debt collection agency contact me for account I had not used and did not want the customers services is a joke and highly recommend you never use talk talk"
"Worst customer service, its been 5 days past my promised go live date and I still don't have internet"
"Terrible Customer Service!!, we switched from BT to talk talk. Waited a extra 2 weeks for the hub to arrive. When speaking to the call reps they couldn't understand basic English, had to repeat my details (not even exaggerating) about 20 times. They run my phone bill up, they would not transfer me to somebody else for assistance. Now going back to BT.... DON'T RISK IT. POOR SERVICE. WASTE OF TIME."
"Zero speed upload and download, they send engineer to us and still unable to fix our broadband , there is no singling in our area . Not recommended TalkTalk and don't trust advertising"
"What went wrong? Everything. Speeds don't match what was promised. The signal drops often. The router is poor and has a poor range and limited settings. The customer service is appalling and slow and nothing gets sorted. They try to phone back normally at night on a weekend at really anti-social hours. Trying to resolve an account issue and they cant get it sorted. So frustrated and wasted so many hours on trying to fix it. Absolute rubbish. Would go as far to say that its the worst company I have ever dealt with."
TalkTalk is rated 1.50 based on 295 reviews