TalkTalk Reviews

10% of reviewers recommend TalkTalk

Tell us how TalkTalk made you happy

Over a week
customer service
"I was a long time customer of talktalk, why? Price. That's the only good part of being with talktalk. Where to begin with the bad? Well, half a year in to my first contract, I had no internet signal whatsoever. I contacted talktalk, who said there was no issue, I must have set up the router wrong, when I questioned how it had been running fine for 6 months if I set it up fine, the agent started to state I was lying about the issue. Engineer was finally sent out 2 weeks after my 1st complaint, and it was found that the wire beyond my property boundary had been completely severed! So I most surely was not lying, which talktalk were trying to accuse me of doing. After this, I was offered compensation and an upgrade on my package for a 12 month period, which I accepted. When moving from the property to a property that had Virgin already installed, I called talktalk to inform them of the move and to enquire how much it would cost to finish the contract early, expecting to have a few months left. At this point I found out they'd actually put me on a 24 month contract as opposed to the 12 month upgrade! Which meant that it would be extortionate for me to leave early. I agreed to an engineer attending to remove the virgin equipment and install the talktalk equipment. When arranging I was informed that no one needed to be present at the property when the installation was taking place, I questioned this as there was a different type of connection altogether in place, 2 managers confirmed that I didn't need to be present. Fast forward a week after I moved property, I get a phonecall whilst at work from the engineer asking where I was, informed him of what I was told, he stated it was wrong, and that he'd have to come back, he told me to request a weekend appointment to fit around my work. I called talktalk to rearrange the visit, to be told I was being hit with a £70 missed appointment fee, which took 3 hours of arguing to expunge, I then attempted to book the new appointment on a weekend, to be told the engineers don't work weekends, and the accusations of the engineer lying started to fly! A few days of calling and arguing i caved and accepted a weekday appointment. Installation then went smoothly. The next bill arrived, with a £70 fee! More phonecalls, I had to demand an investigation, 2 weeks later I called to be told I was not allowed to know the outcome of the investigation that determined whether I needed to pay a £70 fee for being misinformed by 2 managers, so more arguing ensued. The fee was eventually refunded through means of me not paying a bill for a few months, and a little bit of compensation was given. An issue that had fallen to the sidelines was the fact that the TV connection was not working, I attempted to resolve this through the online chat, and was met with the same issue I had with the severed cable, 'sir, everything is fine on our end, you have installed the equipment wrong'. I gave up and haven't used the TV package for 14 months even though I pay extra for it. Fast forward to February of this year, my contract is coming up for renewal!!! Great! I can finally leave talktalk! I contact virgin, get a set up date, they contact talktalk to make them aware I'm leaving. A week before leaving, I get a bill, which is billed a month in advance??? I call talktalk, inform them that I'm leaving a day after the bill is taken, so is the amount correct considering I'm with them for 1 day of that billing month? Yes, £30 for one day is correct, I then had to explain multiple times to the agent that I was leaving, it finally sank in what I was saying, and I was informed that when the transfer was complete I would receive a revised bill and a refund. Fast forward to today, I've been gone from talktalk since the beginning of this month, and I've just received another bill!!! I contact talktalk to be told I have to pay the bill as my account hasn't been cancelled and it's all my fault for not contacting them 30 days before leaving as '30 day notice is required to leave any contract', I point out that I am no longer in a contract, I am no longer a customer and that I can't pay the bill as the direct debit is cancelled and that they should be paying me!!! 2 hours and still not resolved. Ofcom will be contacted! My advice, pay a little extra and go elsewhere, talktalk are a shocking company, if I had one bad experience I wouldn't think anything of it, but it's consistently been a nightmare!!!"
"Talk talk is a joke. They lie and steal your money. and don't even bother to help when u have a problem. They haven't even set up installation and are charging for the service and we haven't even got it. They was meant to send an engineer 13 Feb to set up TV. They never came. We have been on the phone for weeks for 40 mins a time. Being told they will call back to then have to call back ourselves and then tell them all over again. They are now trying to charge us to leave even though we haven't even had full installation set up.. Jokers stay away scammers"
"Interent connection went down last Thursday; after waitiing a day to see if it came back, reported the fault on Friday pm. The service advisor ran a number of tests and decided the router was faulty. As this was an old router, a replacement was offered free of charge, with deliver 2-5 working days. New router arrived Monday. So well done TalkTalk!"
"My internet connection has been down for over 24 hours, I’ve recently been on the phone which I was on hold for 25 mins before getting through to someone, once I was through I spoke to a lady who was so rude and unhelpful and seemed like she couldn’t be bothered to be on the phone to me, her customer service skills are unprofessional and shameful. I’m left without internet for 72 hours as they’re unable to rectify the fault, when asked if an engineer could come as soon as possible perhaps today, she flat out said no and that she couldn’t help, I asked to be put through to someone who could help which I was then left in hold for another 15 mins which came back to her. The service talk talk offer are shocking!!!"
"We have been with Talk Talk (Tiscali) for over 14 years for phone and broadband services. Last year I noticed that they were offering, for free, to new customers their new Super Router claiming much faster speeds than the old ones. I rang to ask if I could have one only to be told that I would have to pay the full price (about £80) if I wanted to buy one. After complaining that it seemed very unfair that longstanding, loyal customers had to pay but new ones didn't, I agreed to pay £25. On installing the Super Router I discovered that it was actually slower than the old one! At best we get 3mbs download with the old one - the new Super Router could only manage 1.6mbs! The final straw came the other day. There was nothing Talk Talk could do to get better download speed here - we are a long way from the box in the road so there's no fibre and a lot of copper wire that will restrict download speed - I get that. So we have decided to switch to BT Assure and signed up with BT, which isn't starting until the end of the March. Unfortunately the storm Gareth has caused a problem with the line and we have no phone line to either make or receive calls and just 0.1mbps (yes that's correct!!) broadband. I reported the line problem to Talk Talk, but Talk Talk refuse to do anything about the line (for which we are paying them rental up to the end of March and is therefore their responsibility) unless we cancel BT. Despite my arguing that the broadband service and maintenance of the line are separate issues they would not accept this and just stopped talking to me! So you can make your own mind up about the quality of Talk Talk for yourself! They are indeed all Talk Talk!!"
"talktalk is absolutely the worst internet provider. their customer service is ridiculous. i asked to transfer my account in 2018 to my new address and talktalk cancelled my account. They then told me i had to take out another 18 month contract or i would have to pay my full contract fees from my original 18 month agreement. after complaining to talktalk they agreed that i could terminate my contract after 8 months because that was all that was outstanding from my original agreement. my 8 months come to an end in may 2019 but my super fast fibre is running at 11mb, i complained and got nowhere. i then asked if i paid for the remaining 2 months can i terminate my contract and talktalk told me i have to pay £193 , even though i have an email from talktalk to tell me i can terminate in May. I have sent talktalk all the info and still they are failing to do what is right. All i want to do is get away from this pathetic company without being robbed of £193."
"I have been paying for fibre for my broadband for over a year with talk Talk however my speeds have been intermittent. When i called them up they constantly came up with excuses and the service improved for around 1-2 weeks. Now that Ofcam have their own speed test I have been paying for a minimum guaranteed speed of 28 mps and now only receiving 14.9 mpbs. I called them today and they are not interested in helping me at all. They offered me 1 day compensation when i have been paying and extr £20 pm!!! I am leaving them today. WORST BROADBAND PROVIDED EVER."
"Couldn't do a simple thing on their site so phoned them. Their voice recognition couldn't understand anything I said. Eventually got through to someone who said they also couldn't do this simple thing either but would propose it (and fixing the voice recognition) as a customer suggestion by writing a note on my account. That sounded equivalent to doing nothing so I proposed making a complaint to try to advance the suggestions so they could consider improvement. Their complaints process was however a total farce with nobody at any stage able to tell me what my (very simple) complaint involved, any tangible action that might be taken to consider any improvement or to communicate by email so I didn't need to repeat everything to each new person. I got numerous 1 second phone calls then texts saying they had tried to call me. Never spoke with a single person at talktalk who sounded at all genuinely interested in customer suggestions - instead they were all very keen to close the complaint. Final person to call was from the chief executive's department - but unfortunately ruder and less interested than all the others."
"We had no problems with talk talk until last month but then we never had reason to deal with their so called customer service. If you are a bit hard of hearing it is a problem and they seem unable to sort out very basic problems. Bit of a nightmare really unless you are prepared to spend hours on the phone or chat line trying to address a problem. Wish we had not taken out a new contract and gone with BT or one of the other broadband suppliers."
"Miss sold contracts admitted by TalkTalk, Slammed in to contracts admitted by TalkTalk breach of data protection denied yet claim computer system error"
"They are a cheap provider but in this case you are getting (or rather not getting) exactly what you paid for. No customer interface, overseas call centres who are unable to assist past the basics, no online help and poor standard of Broadband and TV Service. Our current problem is their online security and they have advised us that they have "lost the phone number of their security provider"... no that is poor"
"I think talk talk gives cheaper broadband deals than other providers but their customer service is unbelievably bad. I think their call center is in India, sometimes they don't understand some simple instructions. I think talk talk communication is very bad. I was with talk talk for many years now. Last time on my contract renewal, I called them. Several times after I talked to a machine, someone answered the phone and I told them its my renewal and I'm looking for a good deal. They didn't bother to listen to my requirements, they just gave me a regular deal which is lot more than I'm currently paying. Basically they told me taken it or leave it. I didn't like the attitude of this female advisor and she got this accent that very difficult to understand. I said I'll call later. I called two more times but all occasions I got someone very rude, ignorant with very heavy accent. I got really frustrated and I asked them to terminate my contract at the end of the month and stared to check other providers. After day or two gentleman from talk talk called and asked would I change my mind if he offer this deal and it was a good one and I agreed. I think the biggest problem talk talk have is customer service. I don't mind what country they answer the phones from but they need serious training of customer service, respect, accents etc."
"Talk Talk is the worst company ever. We ordered internet one month ago and it still isn’t set up. This is not the worst though: we constantly had to contact them about updates because they did not tell us anything. Also, their customer support is full of incapable employees who are not responding to questions and never know what’s going on. This is really the worst experience, they kept us uncertain and frustrated. When we wanted to cancel our contract (which didn’t even work yet) they just kept transferring us from one department to another and said that they cannot cancel our account. This is beyonf frustrating and I do not recommend Tak Talk to anyone!"
"0 HERE IS MY EXPERIENCE WITH TALKTALK: My broadband line supposed to go live on 19th of February 2019 . An engineer came on 19th , he set up the line and left , i have connect the router by myself and there was no internet . I called the customer service they said it will go live at 12am midnight . Anyway on the next day there is still no internet , on 20th of February i called the customer service again , on my call they have checked my internet and they have told me there is a network problem so they pass this problem to manchester network team and my internet will be fix within 72 hours ( 3 days ) . On 23rd of February i have called them because there still no internet and after my 72 hours have passed . The customer service team told me again they will make problem as priority and they will send this problem to the network team in manchester , and it will take again 72 hours , this time customer service promised it will get fixed . They told me wait till Thursday 28 of February. I was still patiently waiting still 28th of February but they did not fix . I called on 28th of February and Believe me the customer service told me again they will forward this problem to their manchester team and they will have contact me by 48 hours , today is 2nd of march but still they did not contact me so i called again to customer service in the morning , their customer team feed me lies and tell me network team tried to contact me yesterday. Funny thing she told again their manchester network team will fix this issue within 24 hours .... My question is if TALKTALK deal this way with their first customer i wonder how they deal with the existing customer . They have puppet customer service team who speak over the phone and basically useless. Talktalk is cheap and cheap service you will get ."
"No internet for two days. Previously off a few times before that as well. Rubbish diagnostic service on text messenging service for two days until called customer service line direct. They Immediately diagnosed a faulty router and did replace it next day which was appreciated. Went on chat line to complain but when asked about credits and how to save the chat discussion they cut the chat short. I used both live chat line and telephones over the period. Their Testing of lines took ages."
"I moved house and tried to transfer the account ownership to the new tenant. Months later, after downloading, printing and completing direct debit mandate forms that were sent in the POST (the most old fashioned process I have ever heard of), account ownership was still not transferred and internet was switched off for the new tenant. Customer services were useless, they sent me on to the sales team whose only proposed solve was to terminate my account, pay an early termination fee and set up a new account for the new tenant. They were completely useless. Will never use this company again."
"Been with TalkTalk for several years now. In terms of price, I think they are hard to beat. In terms of customer service, they are apalling. I feel sorry for the call centre staff as they have to say what they are told, and handle irate cutomers without, generally, having the knowledge or ability to do so.And all in a second or third language. I renewed my contract in January, after many, often conflicting, conversations. Today, I received my first invoice under the new contract...I have been charged an additional £4;00, for TV. this is an old old box that I didnt ask for and don't want. When I queried the charge, I was told that it was for "multi room TV", which I dont have. It seems that all existing customers were charged this in February. Who Knows, who cares, its a company that seems hell bent on self distruction"
"Worst Service ever. I have had 8 calls to Talk Talk (Each being 40min to 1 hour and costing £9-£11 per call). Three engineers visit, the service still isn't working. After spending over an hour on the phone yesterday discussing compensation and a refund, I was due a call back today to action this. No call back happened .(This is my 3rd call back that did not happen). We are now having to explain the entire situation again to another person who has no notes about anything and is saying the direct opposite to everything that was discussed in depth for 1 hour yesterday. The service does not work and now its a nightmare to try and leave the contract and get my refund. STAY AWAY FROM TALK TALK, absolute nightmare broadband service and a customer service team that is based all around the world and none of them seem to be able to contact one another. No one does anything, staff in South Africa, Middle East, Philippines and none of these teams are connected. Absolutely appalling, and so far, just calling them to try and get a service to work has cost me close on £80 in phone charges."
"WORST COMPANY EVER!!! CHARGED £200 AFTER SERVICE WAS “DISCONNECTED”. PLEASE DO CHOSE THIS COMPANY AS A PROVIDER. THERE IS NEVER EVER SERVICE. WORST COMPANY!!!"
"So much for “ Talk Talk “ should be “Text Text “ as the company doesn’t seem to want to converse over the phone they put you through to someone who texts you asking what the problem is then it takes forever for them to answer your text message , during the text messages they tried to persuade me to upgrade !!!! personally I can’t wait until my contract finishes ."
TalkTalk is rated 1.46 based on 347 reviews