Talktalk Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Talktalk

How would you rate Talktalk ?

"I have an on-going issue regarding my broadband service for over 2 years now. Customer service also polite but use less as they have send me a new router 2 years ago with no improvement on my speed. In the past 30 days they have send me open reach who could not find any problem with line stating that I need a talk talk speed engineer. A talk talk engineer was booked and showed late and was even very bad tempered reporting that there is a fault with outside lines and open reach should visit again. I waited for the third visit between 1300 and 1900 and nobody showed up this is when I have called talk talk on the same day and asked where the engineer is and I have been told he will show up before 1800 but nobody showed up. Till now I have spent atleast over 30 overs waiting or talking to them with no chang in my speed. Last talk talk manager I spoke with wanted to convince me to stay home for the 4th time for another open reach engineer. My question to her was if the two previous engineer failed to rectify the problem and the third one did not even show up what make you think the next engineer will do? And if I stay in and this engineer do show up and say the same thing as first open reach enginer said "there is no problem with the lines" what would you do then about my speed problem? She simply said " then you are free to cancel your contract"!!!! I have paid talk talk every month via direct debit and never get the service they have promised and now they simply asking me to cancel my contract. They would like that to get rid of me. I have now asked for an email instruction from talk talk to explain how I can request for all the information they have from me including the transcript of all telephone conversations based on freedom information act. Im now determined to take my case to Ofcom and court. I would like to hear from others with the same issues to make a stronger case or taking talk talk to court as a group. What ever you do, do not cancel your contract with them till you get what you have been promised and compensation, as soon as you cancel your contract they will not be reliable as you have requested for the cancellation. TalkTalk have failed to address the issue of failing to deliver promised internet speeds when given opportunity for over 2 years in my case, they failed to offer any sort of realistic compensation for them failing to deliver on their 'speed' promise and so far compensated me around £7 which is insulting. If you are thinking of joining talk talk, please don't. It is a torture. If you are already with talk talk and have similar issue please let me know. If you know already any other group whom are taking action against talk talk I would like to get in touch with them."
"Problem with broadband speed"
"Worst Broadband ever existed"
"Nothing but problems I rushed into my package due to low cost, I have the 76mb package and I’m getting less than my minimum guaranteed speed and they won’t allow me to cancel internet only went live on the 1st of June but they are saying that I only had till the 4th to cancel, had two engineer visits and still not sorted internet keeps going off and speeds are fluctuating that much it’s slower than non fibre. Do not go with this company you sit on the phone for hours to an Indian call centre and they do not give any compensation for the service issues I will be calling them tonight and telling them i am cancelling and I will not be paying fee. NOT WORTH THE MONEY..."
"Avoid at all costs. Nothing but problems since day 1 with this cretinous company. Fortunately I'm coming to the end of my 12 month contract, and I can't wait to jump ship. Broadband intermittent and slow and the sound on the tv stops working for days at a time. Terrible customer service, and dodgy equipment that doesn't work. I've had 20 plus phone calls to their largely inept agents who dont fully understand the gravity of my problem, plus 3 engineer visits, yet they have not solved my technical problems. I have asked to cancel and they, despite all of my problems, are insisting on levying a cancellation! They couldn't care less about my problems, and are just interested in the rest of the payments for my year contract. Have never experienced customer service like it. I'll be going to a new provider, and will be happy to pay a bit more for much better service and equipment that works. Honestly don't be tempted in by their low prices like I was. What a mistake that was. I'd go as far as to say that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with."
"Hello everyone, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please, read it till the end before making decisions to use TALK TALK broadband provider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My experience with Talk Talk (TT) is just a nightmare! DISASTER!!!!!!!! I would rate -10 if could. I could not imagine worse service than that! Customer advisor agent made me cry on the phone!! I have all the records of people I was speaking to. First, I received my broadband, installed it myself, however internet did not work. I called "TT" to book an appointment with engineer. App, was booked in and customer advisor told me that I do not need to be at home as engineer just needs to enter the building (so I can stay at work). On the day of appointment I received a call from engineer who says that he needs to enter my flat thus I had to reschedule the appointment again as I was at work. On the phone engineer told me that he has entered my building but I was so surprised "HOW"?! - as I live in a block of fats with very restricted entrance to the building. OK FINE, I called TT again to reschedule an appointment but Mr Jomes told me that I cannot, as I need to wait for some sort of "feedback" from engineer. OK, 1 day more I had to wait. I rescheduled it for Friday 9 th June 2018. Had to wait for 10 days to get a proper engineer appointment. Had no internet since beginning of May……. Friday comes, I run fast after work just to be on time when engineer comes but HE DID NOT TURN UP! Then, I called TT again. Lady on the phone was rude, could not solve my problem. She pretended that she will transfer me to a manager, however she just transferred me to her friend in a call centre. Her friend did not have a clue what she is talking about, she could not book an appointment with engineer for me, thus she put me on hold for 36 mins. All this time I was waiting for her to reply, and in the end, she just hang up the phone. Later, the same evening I called TT again to book an app. with engineer but I was told that company goes though "system update" and again I need to wait till Sunday 8pm to get my problem sorted. At this point I could stand that anymore. I have already lost roughly around £1000 because I run my own business and I am dependent on internet. Since beginning of May I am without internet. Today is 12th of June! Also, I am already paying for internet for 2 weeks already and I do not have it?!! I have received a bill for £25 instead of £19?! !!!!!!!!!!NEVER EVER USE TALK TALK!!!!!!!! It is a NIGHTMARE! SI was crying on the phone as I felt so powerless in this situation. Customer advisors just do not care, put me on hold, hang up the phone. I have filed the complaint but still DID NOT hear back from MANAGER. THANKS, PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP"
"Shockingly bad. Wrong bills constantly and when you eventually get through to customer service approximately 30 minutes wait each time the service operators English is so bad they cannot help you anyway. Avoid avoid avoid unless you want to a slow painful and totally exhausting customer experience"
"Broadband constantly cuts out and runs slow. Poor customer service and once cut off my service for no reason. I wish that I had read a few reviews before I signed up."
Stuart Bailey
Unverified Reviewer
"I have been receiving letters and emails since 3rd May 2018 from Talk Talk saying, sorry to hear you leaving us. I had no plans to leave at that time. I contacted them immediately on three separate occasions to explain I have no intentions of leaving. I was told on all occasions this is a mistake made by Talk Talk and it has now been rectified. On the 17th May my landline was disconnected. I wasn't aware of this until I received email’s from friends, saying they were unable to contact me on my landline. Talk Talk do not listen or understand the major problem they have caused. I contacted them again via "Live Chat" and again I was reassured it was a mistake and has now been sorted. Thank goodness I kept a copy of the transcript. I am now at a loss how to rectify this problem. Stay well away from Talk Talk. They are incompetent and DO NOT LISTEN to their customers. They said they could offer me another package but I wouldn’t be able to retain my original phone number, which I have had for the past 40 or more years. This problem has seriously affected my financial income as I need to keep my original number to take holiday bookings."
"Wait until you try to leave. Endless time on hold, pressured into retaining service and number. Even when you do eventually cancel they email you saying a third party has reinstated the service. Foreign call handlers delayed responses and an executive officer (Tristia Harrison) who does not even respond. Total rubbish Talk Talk call handlers seem to lack a basic understanding of the data protection act and its purpose, and none of the four I spoke to kept their promise of sending notification of cancellation by email. To my disgust this morning I received a notification email saying we are delighted you have decided to stay with us. Ridiculour in the extreme!"
"Very poor fibre broadband connectivity, poor tv reception. Came from Sky where it was perfect. Think of going back to Sky asap. Cannot get anyone on live chat just now. WTF?"
"Hilarious situation! Moved into a top floor flat a year ago and brought TalkTalk with me. Changed to fiber and it started to work nicely. A few weeks ago I was informed by text, letter and email "sorry you're leaving us". They'd heard we were moving house. Incorrect. Someone had moved into flat below us. TalkTalk didn't have a record of a top floor flat existing so we got cut off. I called up and was advised to change the address online which I did. We still got cut off during my fiancée's finals. I spent 100 mins on live chat being passing from department to department and being told "thank you for your patience" about 1000 times. The end result - "you've been cut off and you need to buy a new package but your address doesn't exist so we advise you contact Royal Mail". I wrote a letter to them last week. There will be another one coming. Oh and they want £192 leaving fee."
"EVERYTHING!!!"
"An awful company with awful customer service. Call Centres in both Manila and Durban with great staff but ancient and decrepit systems and calls which drop out. They had to cancel my order due to BT not informing me to take my number. They then couldn't fully cancel my order. Was without internet for two weeks. I will never use them again."
"I am not happy with service, the worst ever company i dealt with who failed to provide me with the service it committed to and is charging me for, The problem with internet been ongoing 2 month already, the internet connection is extremely poor which does not allow even to download my emails smoothly , not to properly work from home. I reported the internet connection problem 2 months ago, spent hours on the phone with them and with engineers, had 3 engineers visit so far , who finally confirmed that the problem is possibly with the router itself advising to get a replacement one. Spoke with talk talk 3 times already during the last 2 weeks about the router replacement, had 2 phone calls from talk talk to confirm the replacement router on its way ,called them again today to find out that router has not been sent out This is not a company ,its a joke, company taking a joke of its customers and not providing the service it commits to , this is not to mention that TV has not been installed until now which i already gave up, but internet connection this is a real joke, ongoing for 2 months , they cant send a replacement router but will keep on calling to reassure this has been sent out! What a joke I cant cancel the contract because there cancellation fee will apply , for the service which they failed to provide and commited to. Any ideas TALK TALK on how this will be sorted now????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"
"ordered then got email and text saying was being delivered on 10/05/18 waited in and nothing , took day off work , do not seem to care so cancelled"
"Corporate incompetence and broken promises and sharp practice Two months later still waiting for talk talk to make the offer they promised!! So what do they do?? After indicating on 26 March that an offer would be made they contact me on 9th May to update me on this complaint and then have the audacity to tell me that my mother is outside the 30 day policy to receive compensation!! SHARP PRACTICE This is a sad tale of the very worst service to expect if you are elderly, vulnerable and the only means of outside contact is a land line. My 93 year old mother who lives on her own and has no mobile or computer reported a fault on her line on Friday 23rd April. I was with her to go through security. Checks were carried out. Texts sent to me . Fault not found so we did check on the device. No faults on device so they agreed to carry out further checks. On Saturday I called in to my mother. Still no connection so called Talk Talk again and they sent a reference to my mobile and said they would help. On Sunday I asked a neighbour to check my mothers line. Still faulty. Called Talk Talk. Went through security. Got a reference. All they could do was register a complaint. On Monday I got a text from Talk Talk saying they would call my mothers land line to try to resolve the issue but they failed to realise that her land line was faulty!! So began a string of over 25 texts. Me and Talk Talk . They insisted that I go through security and refused to say if they had the records of the previous communications despite me giving them references. SO my 93 year old frail mother is left abandoned by Talk Talk. A dreadful way to treat anyone let alone a vulnerable person. Sequel. Monday pm. After a lengthy call to talk talk they finally realised that my mother's emergency alert was also disconnected so she had no means of getting help. A UK service engineer confirmed that there had been a breach of process!!! Now she is priority. Engineer due to call tomorrow Watch this space. I will be staggered if talk talk do the honest and proper thing. Will they deliver on promise offer recompense? Don't hold your breath!! I am on their case!!"
"DO NOT USE TALKTALK!!!!! They are hands down the worst!!! First of all they got my wrong address and sent the hub to a different address, they then had to make another appointment to install the hub which took a week. They told me that the Internet would be on before midnight. It wasn’t. I then phoned and complained and after running line tests they set up another appointment for a bright sparks engineer yet ANOTHER week later. The guy (who was lovely) informed me they should never have sent him out, it was a problem that openreach had to deal with. I then phoned and complained and they arranged to have openreach come out within 72 hours. They didn’t come. I then got on the phone and they insisted on running all the same line tests that both I and the brightsparks engineer had already run again. It then came up with they need to test the line with an alternative router and they’ll send it out to me within two working days. The brightsparks guy has already tested it with an alternative router so I have no hope that this new one is going to work. I am a uni student with several assignments coming up I have had to pay to use the Internet elsewhere and for data on my phone which has amounted to double what I would pay for 1 month’s internet. The only compensation I’m getting is not paying for the time that I have no internet. I’m fuming! Should have stuck to sky."
"Awful. Was told that if an engineer came out and they couldn't fix the problem then I wouldn't have to pay any cancellation fee. An engineer came, couldn't fix it, and Talktalk continued to take the money out of my account regardless. Have complained multiple times and they are refusing to refund me, but what is more, they had the audacity to call me a liar and said that an engineer hadn't been out! So will be taking legal action! I advise people to stay well clear of this company!"
"They are without question the worst company to try and deal with. Customer service does not exist. From the web help to the complaint handlers for the CEO office. They are appalling. Save yourself grief and choose another supplier. I wish I had never ever ever ever used them."
Talktalk is rated 1.20 based on 222 reviews