TalkTalk Reviews

12% of reviewers recommend TalkTalk

How would you rate TalkTalk ?

"Without a shadow of a doubt the worst company i have ever had the misfortune of dealing with word's cannon describe how angry i am with them"
"Their cheap starting rates are the only thing this company have going for them - I feel sorry for the customer service staff who have to deal with the nightmare of a service system TalkTalk provides. I was on a 12 month fixed contract (during which time we had a bout of unexplained broadband drop-outs) which I attempted to cancel prior to being 'upgraded' to a more expensive contract. Apparently this was impossible and they wished to charge me for the next months bill at a higher rate due to their 30 day cancellation period policy. Though I had not been using the broadband and the router was disconnected for the full month, I received warning emails telling me I had to pay the bill otherwise a late fee would be added. I then enquired about the bill asking that i would be reimbursed in full. This was confirmed to me, however a fee for the time during the month I wished to already be disconnected was incurred. After an hour on the phone trying to state my case I was still not given my full reimbursement - just zapping more of my money through the phone. Angry and disappointed at the service that doesn't make clear their cancellation policies and doesn't provide any compensation for such. I will not be using their services again and will be advising my family and friends likewise."
"I would rate talktalk less than 0 if that were an option bit unfortunately it is not. Poor service and Internet that barely works half the time. As for talktalk mobile it's an absolute con! You get a text/email days after you've gone over your allowance and by then you have a hefty bill! Customer service is complete rubbish and twice I've cancelled a phone and still been getting charged months later. Can't ever get through when the interned is down and their website usually claims there are no service issues. Steer clear if unless you like wasting hours of your time and credit on the phone to people that are incompetent!"
"I have never had service like it if you can call it that. I regret the day i joined them and will deter anyone from joining"
"For almost three months I have problems with the Internet, but nothing is done"
"Shameful. I lasted less than 1 hour as a customer. I was promised one thing then sent to another department who couldn't fulfil the package I wanted as promised by the sales team. Not great at all."
"Slow internet speeds and very crafty sales agents. All I asked for as a change of address and was discreetly put on a 24 month contract which was never discussed or agreed. Customer agent on chat was quite rude with repsonses"
"Absolutely fuming!! Moved house on 13th July and still no internet! I called up on the 26th June to advise and was informed it would be switched over on 16th July. I’ve called countless times since and spoken to several people who said they would log a ticket and it would be completed in 3-5 working days. Yesterday was the 5th working day and STILL no internet. No one I speak to seems to care, my emails go unanswered and I’ve had enough. It’s now 17 days since I was meant to have had my internet connection switched over, and over a month since I booked it in. Need to spend less money on advertising and more on customer service training."
"Customer Services department in South Africa and the Phillippines are utterly useless. Everything is repeated and done from a script. PLEASE bring back Customer Services to the UK"
"Worst service ever. Avoid at all cost I spent hours on the phone for the service"
"Slow internet. Customer service cannot understand english and are incompetent. Avoid!!!"
"Horrible experience, engineer came to sort out the internet, he didn't manage and I wasn't told of that. I've been waiting for days with no internet, I've got in touch with them and they tell me they'll send another engineer in 3 weeks "hopefully" he'll sort it out meanwhile I have to pay. My friendly recommendation: avoid this company as much as you can :-)"
"We were about to renew our contract with talk talk but had a problem with our youview box which has stopped working. We asked for a new box but we were told this was not possible as the box is “for life”. We are now in the position of paying more than new customers but without the advantage of the youview service. Our only option now is to sign up with a new provider. Not good customer service. My advice would be to “ go elsewhere”"
"Paying for something that they don’t supply ! My Open speed is 1.7.. test shows) I paid for 15 minimum... Technical team already done tests and said that they couldn’t help so I may as well cancel... So I said I’d cancel and for doing so it’s £127... which I will not pay . Then they offered me firber for £7 extra a month ! No chance !!!!!"
"Never had a worse experience in customer service. When attempting to change the account holder name after my flatmatecmoved out I was told the only way was to send my details (name address and sort code) by post. Despite being anxious about this Prosoect I did as I was asked...nothing happened. I sent the details again... still nothing, they had lost all of my personal information, countless emails, calls and complaints and not only has the problem not been resolved I have had to deal with painfully unhelpful staff who speak over you and couldn’t care less. Never encountered anything like it. Avoid."
"I wrote already about my bad experience with Talktalk. It turned out that leaving this company is even worse than enduring this terrible service. They send me erroneous overstated bills, threatening me. I just spent more than 2 hours talking to managers. I use logic and facts, they use only attempts to confuse and mock. I've never seen such a terrible customer service in the UK. I am a very peaceful person, but such a mocking attitude makes me look for the possibility of a legal solution to the problem. I see on this site many people affected by Talktalk, maybe it's time for us to unite and file a class action lawsuit against this company of rogues and boors. I will be happy with any of your ideas."
"The WORST customer service EVER. STAY AWAY FORM THIS COMPANY, unless you want major stress and anger in your life. They let you down badly: they don't write notes that they should and they write some notes that are totally false. They can't send you emails, so you don't get evidence for things. DEALING WITH TALKTALK IS LIKE A TRIP TO HELL."
"Talk talk has bad reviews but I want to say Niyanda who works in a call centre in South Africa was very kind and professional. Thank you Niyanda."
"Account: 1011703608 I received an email from yourselves last week, to which I responded and was promised a call-out to which I didn’t receive. I’ve received a telephone call this morning which involved me faffing about with rebooting broadband, unplugging the DSL filter, connecting to my phone, my laptop etc… I then said that we couldn’t connect to broadband whilst we were on the phone and the agent I spoke with (named below) didn’t even sound shocked. After advising this, the agent then contacted me via telephone, where she put me on hold for collectively, over 12 minutes…. After I stood my ground, refusing to faff about fixing your issue, she was then suddenly able to have someone call out to ourselves and fix the problem (a miracle!) But at a charge of course…£50 if it turns out the fault was mine - how would I be able to prove that it was not my fault? I can’t trust your company and ultimately, this prompted me to realise i’d like to cancel. The broadband fails to automatically connect to any device, it fails to allow us use to our broadband and phone at the same time, it fails to allow us to pause and play when we wish as you suggest. It just jumps about a bit. Chris in the Claims Management department was most unhelpful, after numerous times of saying I wanted to cancel, she was persistently asking to send out someone, confirming I wanted a call-out…then confirming I didn’t. The fact this agent is a part of management is LAUGHABLE. dread to think what the standard advisors are like if this is how management speak to customers. I advised Chris of the below speeds, to which she didn’t seem bothered that I was paying for way more than the speed I was receiving, I mentioned about upgrading the router / sending out a new router - this question was totally avoided. I’d also like to point out that 0 Data Protection checks were confirmed throughout the call…oh, apart from my address when she was sending an engineer out. The call initiated with ‘Am I speaking with Zoe Conning?’ - divulging information and potentially breaching this data to an unauthorised party. I understand cancelling mid-contract comes at a price however, given the above download and upload speeds, you're failing to meet your criteria within the contract, therefore, I expect this fee to be at least discounted, if not wavered completely. Their website advises that: “Fibre: - If you are a customer taking the Fibre Medium service you will be charged £10 per month for every month left on your contract, in addition to the phone and broadband early termination charges.” Therefore, the termination fee should be no more than £150 as that is what is left on my contract of 18 months, and regarding phone and broadband charges - could you please enlighten me to how much these are please? because it looks as though they are more than £150 each! - of which, I have not been advised about in any contract, or Terms & Conditions. Silindile and I spoke via web chat on the 8th July 2018 who advised that because a technical fault had been logged today, which I have not actioned, therefore, someone has actioned something on my account, without my request or authorisation. A copy of the above will also be sent to: TalkTalk CorrespondenceDept PO Box 675 Salford M5 0NL horrendous company - don't be fooled by these low prices!"
TalkTalk is rated 1.55 based on 249 reviews