TalkTalk Reviews

8% of reviewers recommend TalkTalk

Tell us how TalkTalk made you happy

Over 7 Days
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"Since taking out this high speed service , it has got progressively slower, almost a joke now. Complained but nothing improved. As I am now moving house, I contacted their ( overseas with poor English ) customer services centre to end my contract. Difficult to find how to do this on the website. Had a farcical 3 way conversation with them and they demanded to know my new address as they wanted me to move my service despite me repeatedly telling them the new ( temp ) house had no phone line. Then demanded details of the person I was selling to so they could get them to take on the service. Tried every trick to get me to remain, then said there would be over £100.00 charge to exit . Result, I will never use them again ,and I told them I would leave negative reviews on as many consumer sites as possible to out their dreadful service and attitude. Ps could not leave star rating if one as the computer froze due to slow internet ! Says it all !,"
"TalkTalk are without a doubt, the worst service provider I have ever had to deal with. I have recently requested that they to delete all of my data from their system in order to make sure I will never have to speak with them again. They have caused us so much stress and wasted so much of our time. I sincerely regret ever signing up with them and would urge others not to fall into any tempting deals with them. If it seems too good to be true; it will be. You will have to deal with 15-20 minute holds on the phone, slow service provision, extra charges and call centres filled with people who struggle to speak or understand basic English. If I could rate them a 0 I would. I honestly believe that TalkTalk should be looked into and shutdown for their ugly and disrespectful handling of customers and services."
"TalkTalk charged us 60 £ for dampness in the outlet box that the engineer confirmed came from outside - we rent and we do not manage this building, so this is not due to any fault of our own. The engineer fixed nothing and although we pay for fibre broadband, we run on 1 (!) megabyte per second, as opposed to the 60 mb/s we pay for. This has been going on for nearly two months now and TalkTalk has the audacity to refund us a cheap 32 £ that they never have refunded to my bank account yet albeit lying on the phone, claiming it was transferred on the 14th of October. Liars! This is the worst internet service I have ever been with, and I want to go as far and call them thieves and scammers."
"well i have two old but daily used email addresses that i have had for over 20 years free from the original supplier. Sadly they were bought out by TalkTalk. The new owners now want to charge me for the use and since it is only a nominal amount i thought ok cos i need the addresses for continuity. I need to sign up for webmail plus. click the link you are taken to a window they need my account number [i do not have one] they want my email address plus password i queried this. and if you have ever talked to the chat line out of the Philippines you will know what i mean; you have to go over things time and time again i did three times without any joy. so they escalated it to an outbound manager booked call - three times i waited at the allotted time - yep no call !!! absolutely the bottom of the pile for customer service hopelessly inadequate"
"It takes a lot these days to be the worst Customer Services out there but Talk Talk romp ahead. Tried to advise them that despite me completing the on-line details correctly they had missed a line of my address. As such the courier could not deliver the router and so I could not access any service. Despite what I imagined would be a simple task of correcting my address it turns out its not for Talk Talk.Well over 1 hour later and it appears the only option was for them to cancel the order completely (they cannot confirm that the credit check would leave a mark) and for me to re-order under the SAME address I already provided correctly. NOT HAPPENING. SHOCKING BUNCH OF CHARLATANS"
"I have had a problem Stay well away!!! I have had a problem with my internet connection after I update my contrackt for more then 90 days . I have contacted Talk Talk repeatedly about this. Today I was promised a call back to resolve the issue but nobody rang me. I recontacted them with them agen and they can notfix the problem. I am paying for a service but not getting it. I've had enough and I'm very disappointed with the poor service."
"**** DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM OR YOU'LL GET INTO TROUBLE **** My broadband speed with talktalk use to be fine and three years ago it started playing up by keep disconnecting and going slow, so I upgraded to a faster option and it was find for the first few months then gradually it started going down and produce faults so they said I need to upgrade again and since December 2019 it's been an awful experience. Broadband is keep getting disconnected and speed is low, I have opened up 100s of tickets/cases with their technical team, lots of engineers came from "Openreach" with their trainees and still none of them could fix the issue. Completely unprofessional service and engineers. I can't cancel my contract because they say I have to pay a penalty so I have to wait until my contract ends. I AM VERY MUCH DISAPPOINTED!!"
"Please do not get talktalk broadband. Its terrible, cuts off almost every day. This is so frustrating as my business is heavily reliant on 24/7 internet."
"DO NOT GO WITH TALKTALK!!! They are useless and charge you at every chance they get and for anything they can... even when they are inadequate in doing their job. I have never been treated this way by a company. They are a disgrace!"
"Kaka talktlk HORIBIL,HORIBIL"
"Horibil,HORIBIL, horibil HORIBIL staff sheet personal staff lyncon,samila sheet staff HORIBIL KAKA KAKA KAKA"
"Terrible company"
"Terrible company"
"Like countless other Talk Talk Customers who were unfortunate enough to sign up to the unfathomably dreadful “service", I too received appalling broadband connection, below average broadband speeds (in my case 3.3mbps) and regular service disconnections. After contacting Talk Talk to discuss these issues I was presented with a replacement router that resolved exactly none of these issues. Talk Talk's broadband speeds really had a chance to show what they weren't capable of when two devices attempted to access the same WiFi network... Crash! However, it is Talk Talk's unashamedly abysmal customer service and shockingly rude employees that win this internet and phone provider the award for number one company to avoid at all costs. Counting down the days before I could finally break free from their torturous 12 month prison sentence, I attempted (on numerous occasions) to phone the company to inform them that I would like to switch providers................................................................ ................. .. Exactly that, the line went dead... At first I gave Talk Talk the benefit of the doubt and assumed that it was a bad connection (I mean it is Talk Talk we're dealing with here) so I called them again and lo and behold the same thing happened. Now, you know what they say about assuming things, right? Well, they certainly made an “Ass outa me"... I was hung up on six times before a “technical supervisor" would speak to me about leaving Talk Talk and even then they wouldn't actually discuss the “leaving" part. After barely audible, what I assume were “sales tactics" (or a desperate lover asking repeatedly “but why do you want to go?..."), I had managed to finally convince the “technical supervisor" that I no longer wanted to pay for a service which at best was barely provided. I was then asked to wait whilst I was to be connected to the cancellation department and after a reluctant ten minute wait I was greeted by the same advisor who then said “I will now put you through to the cancellation department". Guess what happened next........................................................................ Yep!! You guessed it, another disconnected call. Though instead of breaking my spirits Talk Talk had only made me more steadfast. I researched method after method to leaving this soul sucking corporation and of course, there is no easy way out... Sending a written letter to; TalkTalk Correspondence Dept. PO Box 675 Salford M5 0NL is a suggestion though if their telephone manner is anything to go by then I'm guessing that Talk Talk's letter box has an industrial sized shredder on the other side of it. The email address for Talk Talk; concerns@talktalkplc.com is, not surprisingly, a dedicated complaints address... Feel free to use it and tell Talk Talk exactly how you feel about their service and don't be shy... So yes, I had to pick up that phone again and delve once more, head first into the insane asylum that is the Talk Talk customer service “help" line. If only it was just “once more"... Long story short and after much more perseverance, I was finally speaking with a Talk Talk Technical Supervisor “Manager" (at least that's what I was told). She advised me to call back in two days to cancel otherwise I would incur an early exit fee. I kindly asked if she would put a note of our current conversation into their system so that when I called back in two days time I would not have to go through this recurring madness for the sixteenth time. She assured me not to worry and that all my requests will be logged and my next phone call to discuss cancellation will be simple and straightforward...... Now, do you think this was the case?... Well, that's a story for a different day... SPOILER ALERT!! It was basically Groundhog Day the movie if Groundhog Day had been based on a never ending circle of phone calls to Talk Talk requesting to cancel their service and then them hanging up. I implore anyone who has even fleetingly considering signing their hard ‘earned over' to Talk Talk's money pit pockets to deeply reconsider. You will NOT get a fluid service and you will NOT be able to cancel their service without severe difficulty and countless hours of stress and endless perseverance. No, No, No!!! Just don't do it!!! Not even if they are ridiculously cheap or offering cashback!! THEY ARE A DISGUSTINGLY POOR PHONE LINE & BROADBAND PROVIDER!! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!! THEY CARE ONLY FOR MONEY, THEIR OWN GAIN & PROFIT!! THEY WILL SIGN YOU UP, BILL YOU & NEVER LET YOU GO!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED... Had Dante endured the ultimate displeasure of even three minutes dealing with a Talk Talk Technical Supervisor the “Inferno" poem he penned hundreds of years ago would certainly depict a far worse hell. Abandon hope all ye who enter into a contract with Talk Talk. You have been given more than fair warning..."
"Avoid Talk Talk worse customer service experience I have had with any supplier and still seem to get a feeling it is my fault when I talk to them on the phone. When I firsts started with talk talk it was fine but we moved home this is where the ongoing issue started. I decided to negated 1 weeks of wifi to make sure we were up and running in the new home ASAP. So actually got engineer booked the day of the move great, he turned up 3rd party and connected me or so I believed various message saying job complete I be up and running shortly. 24 hours come and goes and nothing no message so I contact them and to cut a long story short 2 weeks of phone calls various different stories that it will be up and running in 4 days to 4 weeks. No communication and then suddenly a message your wifi is up and running after 2 weeks. To date for my 2 weeks of phone calls and lack of wifi I get a £25 payment which doesn't even cover the cost of additional mobile data used. Ask for a letter of apology which I received yesterday 2 lines of writing no review or what had happened or feedback. AVOID go elsewhere"
"I have just left TalkTalk due to fraud. Please contact Ofcom on 0300 123 3333. Their you can submit a complaint, they don't deal with individual complaints, but you raising your concerns can lead to industry monitoring and they will take action if need be. You can also be informed of your rights with regards to exiting your contract, compensation for loss of service and so on. Please report so change can happen."
"absolute joke service & broadband £4 compensation insult"
"Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. Shocking customer service and they truly could not care less. Tried to join and they cancelled my activation date 3 times without telling me. It was only when I would call to chase it up that they would let me know and then claim 'technical difficulties'. They have never been able to tell me what these technical difficulties are. At this point I have been without internet and a phone line for 2 weeks and I am now looking at another 2 weeks before I get anywhere. I run a business from home and this has cost me hundreds of pounds. I am beyond disgusted."
"Awful service. Have now been without email for 8 days and still no sign that this is to be rectified. Kept being told that there will be 72 hours before a technician will contact me. Now told after second 72 hours that it may be 5 days!! Remonstrated severely so that I now have to wait by the phone for the next 5 hours for a possible call. Noted that the company is keeping up to its record as being the worst isp provider. No complaint about the agent in Manilla, he did his best"
TalkTalk is rated 1.37 based on 482 reviews