Talktalk Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Talktalk

How would you rate Talktalk?

198 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Talktalk in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Had talk talk for 2 years. Wasn't the best service due to lag half the time when i was actually using it. They were best value as to what I could afford at the time so I hung in there. Then I moved house... it was so slow that I may as well of had none. The exchange is only about 20m from the house. Phoneline was clear but They blamed it on the internal wiring but I thought no way because the last person in the house used broadband. (Customer service makes you feel like its your fault, glad I know a bit about technology) I thought no way am i paying an engineer for a problem that im sure isnt mines and took a chance to set up a switch date with another company. Switch date came, didnt need an engineer whatsoever. Plugged in my new router and it was working. Now I have a much better service at nearly 4 times the speed with only 4 pound extra a month. Thanks for making me look for another deal talktalk."
"No internet! No communication! No compensation! Goodbye from a loyal customer!"
"After failing to cancel my account when I rang up to ask them to, they proceeded to carry on charging me for 3 months after moving out of the property. I rang up again to be told I would not have to pay because of their error. Over a year later I receive a letter to say my debt has been passed onto a third party. I will never use this company again and strongly advise that no one else does."
"absolutely shocking. Cancelled my contract twice without informing me. Then charged me 164.95 TWICE in different months. They effectively stole money From me. when I finally got my money back they did not make the process easy. Lied to me and told me they'd cancelled my direct debit then I called the bank and they told me it hadn't been cancelled so they clearly had every intention of taking more from my account. avoid!!!!!!"
"I'm not sure whether my experience is representative of this company as a whole, but any good company cares about its customers and my only experience with them has been a very bad one. I went with TalkTalk for my broadband. Royal Mail did not deliver my router on time citing that my address was inaccessible. My address is not inaccessible and I was in all day. They did not call me or leave a card. So I was none the wiser until I called up TalkTalk 3 days later on the day my internet was supposed to go live. The plot thickens... After finding out that the router had been dropped off at the nearest RM customer service point, I had to drive 10 miles there and back and take the best part of an hour out of my day off retrieving it. The lady at the RM CSP was very good. She informed me that the delivery driver should have at least notified her CSP that they had 'failed' to make the delivery. So I've got my router, set it up but there is no internet service. I called TalkTalk and the agent I spoke to assured me that the internet would go live at 7:30pm. Suffice to say it didn't. I called again and they went through some diagnostics with me to ensure that I had installed the router properly and still no service. The agent then proceeded to try to book an engineer to come out for me but when he was trying to book the next quickest appointment, which wasn't for another 3 days itself, he was apologetic in that he couldn't book an engineer visit until another 4 days after that. The point is, when I was making the purchase online I was required to enter my postcode in order to establish whether there was an existing line and whether or not and engineer would have to come out when the router had arrived in order to install a new one. Their online system determined that essentially I shouldn't have a problem accessing the service at my specific postcode. What I'm unimpressed with is the way in which a number of their agents have been forced to deal with the situation. I have spoken to several via their online chat as well as over the phone. The first lady I spoke to gave me the wrong advice according to the first gentleman that I spoke to. The second to last agent I spoke to told me that he would have to put me through to another department in order to cancel my contract. When he put me through the line was dead. So I had to call back and the same guy then cancelled it for me - so why bother keeping me on hold and putting me through to another department anyway? Today, I have spoken to an online agent because I have received a letter stating that I will be billed £150 within the next ten days for a service that TalkTalk have been unable to provide me with to start with. I asked the agent many times whether I would be charged this amount and they kept dodging the question by answering another question, saying that I will not be charged a 'contract breakage' fee. This is after the last agent I spoke to assured me that I wouldn't be charged given that it was within the 20 day cooling off period. I then asked him whether this was a separate fee to the 'final bill' of £150 and he said that the £150 was 'most probably' the contract breakage fee. I pressed him again explaining that I needed a definitive yes or no and he simply reiterated the above. Ultimately I have been forced to ask my bank to prevent the payment from coming out of my account. It has prevented me from using the internet properly for the best part of another two weeks while I wait for another provider. Maybe I am the unreasonable one in which case I will retract this diatribe. Emotions aside though, having almost forgotten about it, I think their customer service leaves a lot to be desired."
"Approximately 9 (Nine FreeView boxes in approx. 5 (Five years). This excludes repair visits. Mr N.... in the CEO's office and The CEO (who allegedly reads all e-mails), have failed to acknowledge this appalling situation, and am now going to third and fourth party organizations."
"I asked for the account to be put on hold for a couple of months whilst i stayed with a friend as i have had to move out of my rented accommodation, i have been told there is nothing that they can do and that i need to continue paying or cancel the line. My issue is that i will need broadband in my new place and i wanted to take talktalk with me but they don't provide an option to help me. instead they sent a cancellation letter for £89. i have spoken to 3 different people who all have said that there is no process to help me. i either cancel or continue paying the full amount for a service i can't access or use. i even offered to extend my contract to include these two months, or pay a reduced amount. the computer said no and it seems the customer service team don't have the power to make an informed decision."
Andrew Scholar
Unverified Reviewer
"This is a sad tale of the very worst service to expect if you are elderly, vulnerable and the only means of outside contact is a land line. My 93 year old mother who lives on her own and has no mobile or computer reported a fault on her line on Friday 23rd April. I was with her to go through security. Checks were carried out. Texts sent to me . Fault not found so we did check on the device. No faults on device so they agreed to carry out further checks. On Saturday I called in to my mother. Still no connection so called Talk Talk again and they sent a reference to my mobile and said they would help. On Sunday I asked a neighbour to check my mothers line. Still faulty. Called Talk Talk. Went through security. Got a reference. All they could do was register a complaint. On Monday I got a text from Talk Talk saying they would call my mothers land line to try to resolve the issue but they failed to realise that her land line was faulty!! So began a string of over 25 texts. Me and Talk Talk . They insisted that I go through security and refused to say if they had the records of the previous communications despite me giving them references. SO my 93 year old frail mother is left abandoned by Talk Talk. A dreadful way to treat anyone let alone a vulnerable person."
"You cannot think of anything worse than being with talk talk. Joining them is one colossal mistake and you have to pay for it If you have an issue they will never fix it and when you want to leave they will send you a leaving fee. My broadband did't work for 1 year and they still haven't fixed it My advice STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THEM"
"UNACCEPTABLE!!! You have the worst customer service ever! You don't understand customers requests. It took ages to get a refund and speaking to the manager in charge was almost impossible. The broadband connection is very poor and the router design is old, you can notice it wherever you put it in the room. Do you really care about your customers? ... then hire competent people and professionals"
"Worst company to deal with ever. No point complaining about these cowboys as they do respond to any complaints and are incapable o resolving any issues anyways.They have had their last penny off me and I am not a very relieved ex customer of theirs, they will no longer be able to charge me for a period of five weeks where I did not receive a landline service off them, never again will I have to pay a local engineer £54 to identify the fault on the talk talk line for them. Never again will I have to bang my head against a wall talking to your "advisors" on the phone or via email as your "advisors " can't advise on anything and I might as well talk the problem over with my dog. No more waiting in all day for an engineer never to turn up, and no more waiting for a phone call from one of your managers to discuss my complaint , , something I have been promised countless times ,but now looking unlikely after three months of nothing. Anyone who may be considering signing up with this company I would urge you to think carefully, you only get what you pay for and in the case of talk talk that will be rubbish."
"After being a customer for several years I wanted to upgrade my simply broadband service which was frustratingly unreliable to a faster fiber optic contract.So I called the phone number provided by talktalk for sales just to be talked condescendently by a female agent in South Africa who went even the extra mile to hung up the phone on me. It took me more than 1 hour to be on the phone with different talktalk representatives who did not seem to be able to provide any UK talktalk contact details.Waste of my time and waste of money for a rubbish service.As a customer I do not expect my behind being kissed but I do expect to be treated with respect.I wanted to take up a 18 months contract when I called.I did not expect to be disgusted to the point of not wanting to have anything to do with this company.To boot the second day I have received a call from a manager in conjunction with my complaint about their agent (who did not even listen to the recorded conversation between myself and the call center agent)and when I mentioned that I will be disconected in the next 7 days the manager concluded that she will close the complaint.Very professional.Losing a several years customer and not even giving a toss about having a look into the issue that triggered this response."
"Do not respond to complaints"
"Absolutely diabolical service, nothing i can say good about them, Just read the reviews, You will only have yourself to blame then if you go with them"
"The worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, absolutely useless in every way imaginable, can't identify a simple fault on my landline, denying that the fault is on their line three times therefore forcing me to call out a local telephone engineer out at my expense (£54) to tell me that the fault is on the talk talk line after all.arranging an engineer visit through them to fix the fault and being told that i will be charged £60 if I miss the visit and then for nobody to turn up on the day says it all. I have tried countless times to contact them via email as this is my preferred method of communication as I have difficulty in understanding them on the phone, each time I get a reply saying that a manager will contact me within three days but the call never comes, I have asked for a uk based email address to contact them on but surprise surprise they don't have one, every department is utterly useless and I am yet to receive one single helpful piece of advice or comment from them, absolutely clueless. I will shortly be disposing of this rubbish and taking my business elsewhere to a company with a proven track record of customer service and call centres in the UK which counts for a lot after this experience , do not touch this bunch of cowboys unless you want to be mentally tortured by them."
"The worst customer service ever! Takes forever to resolve the issue, they have no clue of what they are doing and they put you on hold most of the time for about 10-15 minutes! They never answer anything to the point, and you have to waste your time listening to the useless chatter! Incredibly annoying!!! THE WORST!!!!"
"disgusting company and clueless customer service"
"Customer service is diabolical. Call centres seem to all be based India/Pakistan. They gabble on almost unintelligibly, and you have to ask them to repeat their selves numerous times. My phone has now been out for 19 days. Fault diagnosed with external line 14 days ago. I have now had enough of being stressed out by their useless customer service, and am changing my provider to one with its call centre in England."
"Dreadful"
"Utterly, utterly useless from start to finish. Nothing but incessant problems which they are unable to resolve. Customer service team are completely clueless. Must have spent more than 12 hours on the phone to them with no resolution. Now trying to break my contract and 'unidentified issues' mean I cannot port my phone number to another provider. Spare yourself the pain - do not do it!"
Talktalk is rated 1.23 based on 198 reviews