TalkTalk Reviews

customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult

Tell us how TalkTalk made you happy
Unbelievably atrocious. Statements like, "void the contract and delete my details," and, "I am no longer a customer of talktalk," are apparently not clear enough to qualify as cancellation (even if you open correspondence with them by registering a complaint and asking them to convince you not to cancel). But they won't tell you this, they'll wait two years, sell off a "debt" to collection agents, and claim they have no evidence of your statements..because they deleted the correspondence, the complaint and the accompanying message chain. Never have I been so glad to be a hoarder of correspondence. Also, appears team members, and team leaders, in the CEO complaints division are unaware of some fairly basic things of great relevance to their work, up to and including talktalks own customer complaints code of practice lol. I'll, eventually, be taking talktalk to court. The lawyer says I should wait for my deadlock letter, head through CISAS, then get talktalk in court to try and defend themselves. I'd describe the lawyers' current attitude as, "laughing all the way to the bank," lol. Do not ever enter in to a contract with talktalk, they will not provide what they promise, they will obfuscate and outright lie, and they will ignore your requests to cancel. Never has a company been so deserving of a negatively starred review.
If they could speak good English that would help, I had to ask the person to keep repeating what they said. and the test centre personnel was was very abrupt, half the time taking a guess what I was experiencing. Just renewed my 18 month contract, when it ends Im definitely off, there are other deals out there but a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for.
I had an issue where my phone didn't work for a month. After being deflected by first line support several times I had to go the complaint route to get this resolved. OpenReach tech came and solved the problem in 15min. TalkTalk had previously rerooted my number to somebody else. Now TalkTalk is not capable of marking the case as resolved so they are not issuing automatic compensation for the lack of service for a month. The left hand clearly does not know what the right hand is doing, the first line support is set up to frustrate and hope you go away. Avoid unless you want being a customer to quickly become a full time job.
Terrible service from the customer service team.. on three calls the attitude was unreal..how you they keep the business running ... Only giving one star as can't offer zero..
Genuinely, if I could deduct stars from Talk Talk I would. All excited having recently moved into my property today I called up to arrange a new 24month contract on the basis that I could book an installation. I went through the credit check process, placed an order - then all of a sudden NO I can't do that and its not their policy. I even sent them the weblinks from their own website which said I could - aside from the fact I was told the phone call was recorded - haha 4 hours later pretty much consistently on the phone (lucky works understanding) i'm told they can't verify im telling the truth as the calls are not recorded! Never encountered such terrible service in my life.
Was trying to pay my late mother’s final bill they would let me pay by card but refused to tell me how much they would be taking because I was not the account holder how crazy was that
Been a customer for a month and the connection is so poor (or non-existent), that we have to hotspot from our phones. Customer service is utterly useless; staff don't seem to give a damn about your issues or that you're paying for a service that isn't being provided. Avoid like the plague.
WORST INTERNET YOU CAN BUY. Internet stops working at least 3 times a day, doesn't work strong enough to do a simple search on google and it has no range to it what so ever. When i tried to get an engineer out to assess the problem no one came. So after 2 month of waiting for an engineer i told them i would no longer pay the bill until they sorted it. But they wont send anyone to sort it out now the bill has not been paid. What ever you do, do not buy talktalk internet it’s absolutely terrible.
I was with Talk Talk some years ago - dreadful service lost my broadband and landline for weeks on end and when I called customer service I was left hanging on for literally hours at a time then I would be cut off and have to start the process again! No resolution to all the problems so left. Now having another problem as they have informed me they 'own' my email address and unless I pay them £5.00 per month for keeping it they will deactivate it and I will lose all my archived old emails!!! I have been on the phone to them 4 times now - each time I have to repeat what I said previously, they promise to call back yet only once have they done so and then the message left was unintelligible. I have asked for the legal documentation stating they 'own' my email but that is greeted with a stony silence as they obviously don't know or cannot provide it. I am currently on the phone to them and have been so for 58 minutes, most of which has been on hold. Still no resolution. Despair of them but seem to have hit a brick wall. DO NOT EVER JOIN TALK TALK!!!!!
Communications are terrible, never seem to fix anything quickly, contract is far too long 12 months would be more acceptable. Graham
SCUMBAG SCAMMERS, LIARS. HARD TO END CONTRACT, STAFF WILL MAKE IT AWKWARD TO CANCEL. YOU WILL BE CHARGED MONTHS AFTER CONTRACT END AND THEY THREATENING YOUR CREDIT FOR BILLS YOU SHOULD NOT BE PAYING.......THEY DONT UNDERS STAND '' I DONT OWE YOU ANYTHING I AM NO LONGER WITH YOU'' JUST BILL YOU FOR MONTHS. ...(STILL BILLING, THREATENING ME I FINISHED/ENDED CONTRACT SEPTEMBER 2019)..... THEY DONT CARE THEY WILL NOT IMPROVE...WHY OFCOM OR SOMEBODY DONT DO ANYTHING I DONT KNOW???.......... STAY AWAY OR REGRET IT!!!
I damn the day I switched to them
Unbelievably atrocious. Statements like, "void the contract and delete my details," and, "I am no longer a customer of talktalk," are apparently not clear enough to qualify as cancellation. But they won't tell you this, they'll wait two years, sell off a "debt" to collection agents, and claim they have no evidence of your statements..because they deleted the correspondence, the complaint and the accompanying message chain. Never have I been so glad to be a hoarder of correspondence. I'll shortly be taking talktalk to court. Do not ever enter in to a contract with talktalk, they will not provide what they promise, they will obfuscate and outright lie, and they will ignore your requests to cancel. Never has a company been so deserving of a negatively starred review.
Stay Away! Stay away! Problems with the internet and promises of call backs that never happen. They all say the same thing. Continual checks that prove there is a fault yet they won't send out an engineer and keep saying about running more checks! Please stay away to save yourself so much hassle and aggregation!
Be aware. If you leave TalkTalk you will be charged a minimum of £50 a year if you continue to use your TalkTalk email address. That is to say - you will pay to advertise TalkTalk. Better to not go there in the first place.
absolutely the worst company. I don’t have Internet at home for 6 days. Nothing is being done on their part, they don’t respond to complaints
Absolutely the worst company I have ever had the miss fortune to deal with It’s called talk talk but that’s virtually impossible to do as no one has a clue how to deal will a very simple problem it took 5 people and online chat and a hour of my wasted time And still not be able to get anyone to understand a simple task of cancel tv as you failed to supply but give me a price for broad band only as it’s up and running so I may as well keep it No that’s to easy I was advised in the end to cancel all and start again Brilliant So I cancelled all That’s how talk talk deal with a easy problem god help customers if it’s complicated Mike cobb
Prices are good but The signal was terrible, speed was supposed to be fiber optic and was rediculously slow WHEN the Internet would actually work, when calling them up they would alway say there was a problem in my area, or repeatedly change my box. When leaving talktalk I was advised that my last bill had been paid and that there would be nothing else to pay in which 3 months later I was sent letters requesting up to £50 for a bill issued after my account had been closed, when speaking to customer services they were rude and I also never received a response from the complaints team. Would advise to 100%avoid talk talk and find another provider who can actually provide you good services.
Absolute rubbish! Been waiting since August for them to install broadband with no explanation as to why they haven't as yet. Shocking beyond belief
Customer service is terrible. I had an 18 month contract which worked fine. When it was time to re new I phoned and was offered a great new deal. I confirmed that would be great. 4 days later my bill arrived at double the price. I used the chat service from thier website thinking it might be quicker and to get something in writing. It took no less than 3 hours and 40 minutes to complete. I still dont know what I've agreed to, and I was told that I will have to pay the bill which was double the amount for this month even though I was within the cancellation window period! Do yourselves a favour and dont go with talktalk!
TalkTalk is rated 1.33 based on 547 reviews