Swoon Editions Reviews

11AM

Tell us how Swoon Editions made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone
"We purchased a TV unit from here however the delivery on this has been appalling. We were given a date however we were not going to be home and selected another date from the options. I took a day off work (which I don't get paid for) to have waited until lunch to receive my hour slot. We called Swoon to have been told DPD missed off our package so I lost a day's pay and no delivery. We tried for redelivery for 5pm which Swoon confirmed and to have received a timeslot for 12-1pm!! We called again to let them know no one would be home and that they had told us they would deliver at 5pm. We waited for someone from customer services to call back but they had delivered the unit to the neighbour. Not ideal as I had to try lug home. We finally got it home to open it being broken. Complete disappointment from the delivery to the quality. I called Swoon and asked for a swap to collect the broken and deliver a new one which isn't broken. We have set a date for Monday however, I don't have trust or hope for this to take place without another fuss. If they miss off our delivery again for Monday which my husband has now take then day off for, we will be cancelling our order and asking for a refund and go with someone more reputable and reliable. First and last time with Swoon. Massively disappointed."
Are you Swoon Editions? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Swoon Editions receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Contacted Swoon twice to advise that after staying in all day my item wasn't delivered but no one has had the courtesy to contact me back. Customer Service is crucial for a company and have found Swoon to lack in the area - all I required was a courtesy response as I had contacted the couriers myself to arrange the delivery (yet couldn't advise why the item was not put out for delivery in the first place). Therefore after already waiting many weeks for the item I had to wait another week for it to be delivered. On a positive note though, the TV stand is fantastic and the delivery company were very good, brought the product in, unpacked it and took the boxing away, so A* for Arrow Couriers, sadly cant be sad the same for Swoon Customer Service"
"Absolute joke. We have received sofa with NO LEGS! Can you imagine spending £900 and have no legs for your furniture? That is not the worst...we are now months in conversations with swoon helpdesk. Sent almost 60 emails. Called and were promised call back (that never happened). Twice we were told legs should be delivered "next week" ...but wait for it...just few days ago we were told they actually do not have them in the warehouse! Clearly someone is lying here to just brush us off. We were now offered replacement with "temporary" legs. Yet to be delivered. Still waiting. Unacceptable. Poor customer service. ps. just scrolled through reviews and l can see there is a trend of swoon sending furniture with no legs ?! what.the.hell."
"Instead of writing what I think about Swoon Editions, I just quote my correspondence with them: Me: "Hello, in 2015 I bought your two-seater sofa, Calvin. Till recently I was satisfied with my purchase but I noticed that my sofa changes its look. The sponges in the seating started to dislocate and the sofa lost its cool look. Till now it didn't affect my comfort yet but I'm not happy with the look. What can you do about it? Kind regards Lucy" Swoon: "Hi Lucy, Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. I am unsure whether we can help you out with this due to the length of time since the order was received. However, if you could send me across some photos I can query this with our quality team and get back to you. I look forward to hearing from you and if you have any further queries in the meantime please don't hesitate in contacting us - we're more than happy to help. All the best, Olivia Is a life-long vegetarian who loves a good fantasy novel and is absolutely desperate for a pet pig." Me: "Hi Olivia, I’m sending some photos in the attachements however it is dificult to see the fault on the 2D pictures. The problem is that apparently there are several layers of sponges in the seating. The sponge that is the highest one looks like staying in place but that underneath moved forwards, about 5 cm. The seat edge that was beautifully an arch shaped is not anymore. And I’m sorry Olivia but I don’t think that 3 years after purchase is too long to make a complain. When I bought your product, I truely believed that your company cares about quality and that when properly used, the sofa will serve me much longer that 3 years. I care about environment and do my best in order to not pollute it with excessive shopping of low quality products that you have to replace regularly. The sofas I had in the past I have never had such problem with in spite of using them over a dozen years. And I’m not obese, my weight is about 65kg. Kind regards Lucy (also vegetarian who loves good literature)" Swoon: "Hi Lois, Thanks for getting back to me with those photos. I've referred these on to our product specialist team and I'm afraid they have advised me that cushion dislocation after prolonged use is regular wear and tear to be expected. Unfortunately, we do not offer a guarantee on our sofa cushions so I'm afraid there isn't anything I could offer you regarding this moving forward. I can understand this may be disappointing and I apologise for not being able to be of more help. If you have any further queries please do get back in touch - we're more than happy to help. All the best, Olivia Is a life-long vegetarian who loves a good fantasy novel and is absolutely desperate for a pet pig.""
"The furniture is nothing like the beautiful pictures on their website. By far the worst furniture provider in the world. Ordered a cupboard and 2 coffee tables in Jan. First 2 items arrived in April, both were damaged. A cupboard where the finishing was so poor, the doors were misaligned, did not open and close properly. The coffee table was unpolished marble. After months of emails and phone calls, I was given some a small portion of money back but left with the bad furniture, far from ideal. Finally in July/Aug after more emails and phone calls, they decided to replace the faulty furniture if I gave back some of the money, pathetic given the stress and number of emails and call. Coffee table was fine but the cabinet again arrived damaged. On top of this we were almost attacked in our home by the ARROWXL delivery team who damaged our walls. All in please avoid, the stress of dealing with them and the delivery company is too much to manage. We as customers deserve better."
"Swoon has the worst service and customer experience I have ever encountered. Absolutely no accountability anywhere and echo the other posts below. Sofa and chair got lost - lots of apologies but no action. Unable to speak to anyone senior and went through at least 6 different operators (and still counting) I intend to seek further legal advice as its outrageous that they can get away with this kind of appalling practice And Im still waiting"
"Horrendous customer experience and missing items! We ordered 4 bar stools back in September. I had to chase this up as I didnt hear anything from them, then to be told that its in a depot somewhere, which took them a week to figure out. They were somewhat apologetic for the wait and finally arranged a delivery for this saturday. Guess what, it never arrived! Called them numerous times and no one ever picks up and then it just cuts off. We planned the entire day around this delivery and to not arrive, it was a blow! Emailed the lady I spoke to previously (Amy and Dan) and still no response from them! Called them today and nothing has been rectified! They need to do something about it I wont be buying from them and wont recommend it for anyone else either! Such poor customer service from them, I am shocked!!!"
"--This is absolutely unbelievable. THIS COMPANY TOOK MY MONEY AND NOT DELIVERING MY SOFA! *** Sorry, my bad - they did deliver it last week but guess what, it was the wrong sofa, and without any sofa legs.*** 1779 pound. This is ridiculous. --POOR costumer service. Now I'm trying to get a hold of them for a week. Spoke with three people already who lied to me nicely saying "Yes obviously we're going to contact you." The first said she'd call and never did. The second got offended when I asked if he's really going to call and the third was "very sorry" about my situation, "very understanding" and promised they'd call today or send an email. BUT NOTHING! I cant even count amount of emails I sent. --Dont even start, you'd expect from a company who takes your money right away and promised to send a sofa in 8-10 weeks (which is already crazy, stone age something)"
"Swoon is a shambles. Originally I thought it was just the delivery company Arrow XL that they use. But it is Swoon too. An item bought months ago, that was in stock at the time, was delivered several weeks later to an incorrect address despite them checking with me and me telling them not to deliver there because that was an incorrect address and telling them the correct address. We have been waiting for three weeks now for them to collect it and deliver to the correct address. After all that time, when they did collect it, they tried to collect from the address they were supposed to deliver to. I'm not sure we will ever get the item."
"Beautiful marketing photos but the reality is the Swoon experience is bad, some of the worse I’ve seen in a long, long time. 3 items ordered in Jan, 2 arrived damaged in May/June. One arrived in July. The damaged items were only recently replaced in mid Sept together a horrible delivery experience with ArrowXL, who didn’t want to take the damaged goods. We are now left with e replacement cabinet that is also damaged. After months of stress and no customer care. I would urge you to skip Swoon, nothing is worth the horrid experience we’ve had since May when the first items arrived."
"I have ordered from swoon several times and each experience has been great. I have found a lot of unique and stylish pieces that I love looking at everyday in my home. I love swoon and often check the website for new items! Even the returns process is simple and easy. I would highly recommend swoon!"
"Ordered 3 items beginning of June 2018.After 1.5 months wait, the first order deliveredwas badly damaged hence I have raised a collection for the damaged item and cancelled the remaining two. After few weeks wait, they had to collect the item yesterday but advised me that due to issues they will collect it this morning (its a massive box sitting in my lounge). I had a call this morning from the driver who advised me he is looking to deliver one of the items that I had cancelled previously :) I called Swoon today to understand what is going on. In summary, they had no clue why this is happening and not sure when the item will be collected. To add to an insult, they can't issue a refund of £700 until they collect the item but can't confirm when they will be able to collect. Thanks Swoon for an "amazing" customer service. After re-arranging for August the 4th on Saturday, I have received a text from Arrow XL stating my item will be collected on Friday the 3rd. I had to call Swoon again and the manager confirmed it will definitelly be collected on Saturday the 4th. This morning, I received a text from Arrow XL stating the item will be collected on Monday the 6th :) I called Swoon again, and the customer service says that the system is showing the item has already been collected :) I mean is this company a joke or what? Been waiting for the manager to call me back for an hour now..."
"for Had to cancel as really poor response from the company. Offered the usual excuses and trivial (25%) discount but still advised would have to wait another month for delivery. Really poor, have found other company with similar if not better products who deliver on time with great response. Would not recommend Swoon at all as misleading advertising and take it or leave it approach to customers. Spend your money somewhere else."
"Delivery service they use is absolutely unacceptable, will never order from the website again. I ordered a coffee table (which took more than 2 months and a lot of chasing to get delivered at all), and it was delivered by two guys who were exceptionally rude. They refused to unpack it (even though it comes with a separate large marble top). I asked them to unpack the top because it is very heavy and I am pregnant and cannot do that. They refused and started leaving. I asked them to wait while I call my husband. They started shouting at me that I am locking them in the house and won't let them leave. When I got through to my husband, they started telling him abusive things about me instead of explaining their service. When I asked them to leave they refused, until their supervisor told them to leave the house, after I threatened to call the police. Then they continued to shout abusive things outside my window. I have never experienced a customer treatment of this sort, and am considering filing a police report."
"Outrageously bad experience. I bought a Celeste cupboard in March, it finally arrived last week after 12 weeks of delays. It was apparently due to 'quality inspections' but it arrived damaged. Swoon were slow, unhelpful and the manager Anita was down right rude. After offering me a replacement they then changed and said they would repair it. A £635 cupboard that needs repairing before it's fit for use and 3 months late? I don't think so. They are now demanding that I take a day off work to wait for collection of cupboard. I requested a slot of 8-10am but I've been given 12.30-14.30 No doubt due to the lovely Anita. A quick search online shows that a huge loan was taken out on the 28th June by Swoon, it would seem they couldn't afford their stock! They masquerade as a boutique company but they are backed by huge investment capitalists. I also very much doubt that these 'artisan craftsmen' in India ever see similar profits. If I had known I would never have purchased. Dreadful experience, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE."
"Love the furniture: the contemporary lines and gorgeous woods. One item was slightly damaged when it arrived and Swoon replaced it quickly. My only problem is I am still waiting for a piece I bought in April!"
"We ordered a side board 7 months ago in November 2017. We ordered the furniture on the basis it would be delivered February 2018 as advertised. The first time the furniture was delivered it was delayed by a month and when it finally arrived it was smashed and had to be returned. The customer service team offered us a replacement but said it couldn’t be delivered until June. We agreed as we had ordered a matching piece of furniture and didn’t want to have to return both items. It’s now June and we have been contacted stating the delivery is delayed until end of July. This is unacceptable. We cannot wait 8 months for a sideboard while swoon benefits from having our money. We have contacted the quality team twice in the last 4 days and got no response. Appalling service"
"The worst customer service I experienced in my life I been trying to speak to them for the last 4 days. They been paid for a chest of drawers since February and we been told by one of their pathetic emails that it will be delivered some time in June the most unhelpful unprofessional company. Sadly we decorated the room with the colour of the chest we ordered otherwise I would have cancelled the order no wait I will put up with a company like SWOON TOTAL NIGHTMARE"
"ORDERING WAS STRAIGHT FORWARD FOR A CHEST OF DRAWERS WHICH IT TOOK 4 MONTHS TO BE DELIVERED THEY NEVER CONTACTED US NEVER REPLY TO OUR EMAILS A NIGHTMARE NEVER AGAIN WILL ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY THE WORST COMPANY"
"both items i ordered were damaged. Carolina responded to my complaint and asked for photos . I e mailed photos as directed and have not heard another thing. No response to messages , Carolina mysteriously vanished , phone called simply cut off by Swoon. Terrible company - DO NOT USE SWOON"
Swoon Editions is rated 1.67 based on 24 reviews