Swoon Editions Reviews

Tell us how Swoon Editions made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
"I ordered two chairs in the January sale. They were supposed to be delivered in April. On the website you can track the progress of your order and at the end of April it seemed like they had not left the workshop. I contacted the customer services and they said they would come in May. At the end of May the same thing happened. At the end of June the same thing happened. What annoys me is that 1) My order was delayed by 3+ months 2) Nobody from Swoon bothered to contact me proactively to inform me of this or apologise. In July I was told the chairs had reached the UK ports but that they had been held up in an "operational backlog". I was told that the delivery company would contact me within 2 weeks to arrange delivery. This did not happen. After 3 weeks I contacted them to say that if they could not promise that my chairs would be delivered in the next week, I would demand a full refund. They said they were still held up at the port. Now they have issued a full refund, but it is yet to hit my account. This ordeal lasted half a year since the day I ordered. I just bought a flat so I have been getting by with 2 chairs and 1 stool, meaning I haven't been able to have guests over for dinner. I have been beyond patient with Swoon and they have taken advantage of this. It may be that they just took my money to manage cash flow issues, which would be totally unethical. To put the cherry on the cake, they offered me 10% off future orders as an apology. What a joke. 10% off furniture that doesn't get delivered. They should be giving me the chairs for free (but maybe they don't actually exist)! My order number was 100251065."
Are you Swoon Editions? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"16 weeks for a 8 week delivery was unsatisfactory. Kept telling me sofa was coming and delayed and delayed. Finally cancelled my order as it appears sofa will never arrive . Feedback , just be honest . Gone to another supplier"
"Ordered a table (order number 100277528) have already failed to deliver 3 times without prior notice. Stuck in the house 3 days, had to take days off from work and they didn’t deliver. They have taken the money though. awful company"
"Order placed on 11th April. Money taken out of my account straight away for a rug with an estimated delivery date of June. Order has been in the I’m for over 3 weeks. Each time I contact customer service I’m just fobbed off with lies and basically a shrug of the shoulders. Just checked the status once again and it’s now changed to back in production. No word from swoon on this. Reading all the other bad reviews and their lack of concern for everyone’s issues I’ve decided to cancel the order. Expecting a hassle getting my money back of course. Do yourself a favour and avoid this company. They talk a great game regarding their products online but it really isn’t worth the pain."
"This is a bit of a saga about Swoon's unbelievably bad service and product quality but stick with it, you may enjoy it more than we have. It is now the 9th July and we have just had to turn away the delivery of a simple cabinet, a box with two doors and four legs, that we purchased from Swoon on 5th January. That's right, over six months ago. We were told that the item would be delivered in March, but this was delayed until the middle of May. An annoying start and already a two-month delay. The fun really started, however, when Swoon's execrable delivery partner Arrow XL tried and failed to deliver the item to us on 24th May. That was over six weeks ago. They could not deliver it because we live on a fairly narrow road, though this had not been a problem for any other company delivering to our house for the past seven years. Their website has no means of leaving any comment to this effect though so they rely on failing on the first delivery attempt. It turned out we required a small van. Here the system completely broke down. First I tried booking this with Arrow but it just didn't turn up. After the first webchat communication their webchat service has been unavailable ever since and they do not answer the phone or respond to emails so I asked Swoon to contact them. Arrow rang me and we agreed another delivery for the 17th June, but in their wisdom managed to instead book it for 12th June when we were 100 miles away. Because Arrow do not respond to communication we were unable to prevent the delivery driver turning up and I had to turn him away on the phone. Following this Swoon tried again to book a delivery and promised it would arrive on 21st June. Yet again, nothing turned up. I phoned Swoon and their customer services person told me that there was a 'block' on the item, but that she had removed this and we could now book another date. As we were going on holiday for 2 weeks I asked that she book a date for the second week of July when we were back, but instead she booked a date for 29th June to stop Arrow sending the item back to Swoon. I accepted on the understanding that she would deal with rearranging this as I did not want to have to spend my holiday going back and forth between these two companies. The 29th rolled round and naturally Arrow turned up at our house because Swoon had forgotten to rearrange the delivery. The second half of my holiday was consequently punctuated by increasingly frustrated emails to Swoon and more time spent on hold with Arrow, who never answered the phone. Eventually I decided to write a poor review of Arrow on TrustPilot and, miraculously, within ten minutes their complaints department telephoned me to sort out my problem. They informed me that the small van delivery I had been seeking for five weeks only comes to our area on a Tuesday. Other days are not an option. I find this unbelievable in the twenty-first century when at least a large proportion, if not the majority, of households do not include someone who sits at home all day. However, as she said she 'did not know what to do' about the fact that both of us work so I asked that the item be delivered before 8 or after 6 so that one of us would be at home. I asked her to text me to confirm that this was arranged as, still being on holiday, I didn't want to spend any more time on the phone to a delivery company. I didn't get any text. Today came along and I get a message from Arrow, cheerily telling me that the item will be delivered between 13:30 and 15:30, right when I said it couldn't. Luckily one of us was at home due to illness so they were able to let the delivery drivers in. The delivery drivers were very helpful and began unpacking the item that we had waited six months for, and for which I had spent hours and hours on the phone and writing emails over the past six weeks to simply have brought to our house when we were in. They hadn't got very far when a crack through the carcass was discovered. The crack is not a result of poor packing or of the item going round and round in a truck. It is simply badly made. Two pieces of MDF have been mitred together and pinned, a weak joint that has cracked open before the cabinet was taken out of the packing. It also looks pretty shoddily finished for a piece of furniture that cost £400. So the item was sent away with the delivery drivers and I have been informed by Swoon that the next delivery of these pieces of rubbish will arrive in the country on 10th September. They can't replace it before then. As their last projected delivery was two months out and it took a further two months to get the item to us we have decided to cut our losses and cancel the order. Take this as a warning and save yourself the trouble, do NOT order anything from Swoon!"
"Item ordered weeks ago and still not delivered. I have had to chase at every stage. Eventually promised item would be delivered today, we waited in all day only to be told at 18:30 they cannot now deliver today. Utterly utterly incompetent. Oh, and they still have my money."
"I have never experienced such terrible service. It is embarrassing for this Swoon and I would never order from them again. They are totally disrespectful to their customers and have a total lack of care; ranking their processes over customer care. Other companies who provide cheaper products such as Dunelm put this company to shame with their customer care."
"I have never experienced such terrible service. It is embarrassing for Swoonand I would never order from them again. They are totally disrespectful to their customers and have a total lack of care; ranking their processes over customer care. Other companies who provide cheaper products such as Dunelm put this company to shame with their customer care."
"Wow, where to begin. I really would leave 0 stars if I could but that isn't an option. My partner and I bought a sofa and decided to really splash out and go for something really special, so we opted for the Seattle Corner sofa from Swoon. We tried to see this in store but as we live in North Wales our options were limited. We asked for a fabric swatch and were told this wouldn't be possible, so we took the plunge and ordered the sofa in our desired fabric - the tan stone leather. We tried to purchase our sofa using Klarna - and although my partner has an absolutely fantastic credit rating we were rejected on the grounds we were 'new clients to Klarna and couldn't purchase something that big first time around'. I tried to speak with someone at Swoon Customer care regarding this and was essentially told 'oh well as it's Klarna it's nothing to do with us.' If you are using a 3rd party company on your site, it absolutely is your problem. 'Customer Care' at it's very worst if you ask me. We made the regrettable decision to use our savings to purchase the sofa outright. We were absolutely horrified when the sofa turned up...(over 2 weeks late I might add). The sofa appears to be outrageously cheaply made, the 'leather' is essentially plastic and actually squeaks when you sit down. It isn't at all comfortable, and the sofa back is so low that it's almost pointless having a sofa back at all. For over £2,500 we are absolutely shocked, having been lead to believe that Swoon were good quality pieces. We are now having to return our sofa after a really disappointing customer experience. Swoon,I seriously suggest you look into your partnership with Klarna as I can't imagine we're the first people to have had significant problems with it."
"Items arrived damaged on 4 separate occasions, so cancelled a separate order with a lead time of four months and still waiting for my refund after asking several times. Run away as a PP said. Terrible terrible company and poor quality and customer service."
"I wish I had the option for no stars, this is he most dishonest and terrible company I have ever had to deal with. 5 months on no sofa, no one returns calls. I would avoid this company at all costs, it has ruined moving into our new home. I am pretty sure they are taking money with the view to going bankrupt. Do not wait for your order get a refund now"
"If I could get a negative star rating I would put that here. I've exchanged 26 emails and multiple calls with SWOON customer service about delivery of my order. This item was ordered in March for delivery in MAY. SWOON are unable to provide clear indication of where my order is, who their delivery partners are, or how to escalate. The customer service are a zen desk smoke screen with chat bots! PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME BUYING FROM SWOON. Totally fraudulent!"
"Ordered an Athena coffee table in Jan due for del by end of April. After hearing nothing at end of April I contacted Swoon. I’ve now sent many emails and called and all I get is they will contact me ASAP to let me know what’s happening with my order. Worst customer service ever. I wish I’d never ordered with Swoon. I’ve read loads of the same complaint. Obviously Swoon don’t care. Wouldn’t ever deal with Swoon again. Debbie Williamson (CEO) obviously isn’t interested she’s impossible to contact."
"Not what I expected from a professional company"
"Spent £1200 on a Luna three seater sofa, it was supposed to arrive 3 weeks ago. I have spoken to virtually the entire customer service team (mathew, jade, rebecca, amber...) someone in the London office (stephen) and a customer service manager (Jamie), everyone says they'll phone me back but I never receive a call. I've waited at home on 3 separate days (missing a days pay each time) for it, every time it doesnt show up and no one can tell me where it is, why it didn't come or when I will actually receive. The level of customer service is POLITE but USELESS. No one will actually help you, including the delivery company ArrowXL who will also fob it off and not explain what is happening. To rub salt in the wound they turned up one day to COLLECT a sofa from me. Absolutely the worst experience I have had with buying a product. I still have no sofa, still have no calls back, still have spent probably 6 hours on the phone over the last week trying to locate it. Don't even bother, the products may look nice but once you actually order, if theres even the slightest issue expect to neither receive your product or any customer care. I tally approximately 40 calls, countless emails and over 10 members of staff that I have spoken to. Still. No. Sofa. But on the plus side I have been ASSURED by 8 different people that I WILL get a call back... I wonder when..."
"Awful service, average quality at designer prices. Yesterday I finally got two chairs ordered in February which arrived asxteo crumpled heaps. One has such severe frame damage it has to be returned and replaced which will take another 3 months!! That will be 6 months to get a chair delivered! The Taj Mahal was build in less time. Customer services are friendly but have no power st all. Standard answers and not much action. Once this sorry saga has gone to an end I will never use them again! Not worth the aggro we gave had over the last 4 months."
"The furniture itself is awesome and you can't fault the price. But the delivery process is absolutely painful. Swoon give you updates re: when your furniture is due to arrive in their warehouse - I've made 4 orders and all 4 updates have been horribly wrong. I waited an extra 3 MONTHS to receive part of my order. Customer Services are polite but always say the same thing, "your order is delayed - we expect it in our warehouse next week." I had that same reply 6 times. The furniture is great but the constant need to chase your order and 3 month delays in delivery times are completely unacceptable. I should have paid the extra and gone to a retailer who can deliver to the timelines they advertise."
"Damaged product and non delivery of items 4 occasions Appalled and the service i received. Had to wait in 4 times for a simple cushion delivery as despite Swoon advising me that DPD had the correct address every delivery day it transpired they didn't. Instead i have to spend £8 travelling to a depot to pick up my order (and over two hours of my weekend) as the last non successful delivery resulted in my brother who had been waiting in for me losing a temp job as the delivery notice stated a specific time and did not happen. Swoon were not proactive at all with the onus on me constantly calling. In addition to this the promised i would get both orders through them delivered at once. Which did not happen. I received my first order later in the day than advised and once it arrived i found it to be damaged. After 10 weeks of waiting i WILL NEVER use them again. Update= 26th April. No news or update from Swoon was promised a quick rectification but a week on no contact."
"The Seymour set of side tables is much lower quality than I expected for the price, however I decided to eventually keep them because they are the right size that I need for a very small space and I have put too much time into the process of looking for something. I do not believe Swoon oversees quality enough as the first set of tables delivered to me (since returned) had significant defects in the gold finish and the second replacement set had defects in one of the glass tops. After notifying customer service about the defects in the glass in the replacement set they said they had to find out what to do with my issue, then they did not get back to me. Eventually after chasing them again for resolution I was offered £40 off the second set instead of replacing the glass, which I was annoyed about but decided to take because I was very tired of the process and speaking to customer services at that point. I would advise someone to shop elsewhere for furniture or else they could get caught in the long cycle of wait for delivery/sub-par quality/haggle/wait for pick up date/return/replace/repeat... and because the quality is just not there for the price and the hassle."
"Ordered some side tables in January 2019 and provided a delivery date of "April". Now been told, delivery is due in May! Not worth waiting 4 months - sofas can be ordered and delivered sooner than these tables! Not impressed at all with the time delay, and reasons "delay to shipment". At least update your customers!"
Swoon Editions is rated 1.41 based on 54 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access