Stone and Wood Shop Reviews

stoneandwood@reviews.co.uk

UK Saw LTD T.A. Stone & Wood Shop20 Cumberland Road

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Stone and Wood Shop ?

"Superb customer service. They gave me advice on how to lay the tiles, which adhesive to use, how far apart to space the tiles and how much grout I would need. They even knew more about expansion joints than my builder!"
"Absolutely not recommended! In July this year, I accidentally ordered 8m2 of tiles instead of 8 tiles. So we used only 8 tiles, the rest I have requested to return literally within less than a week from the order. Now from this point, you can say customer service is next to non existing. I have been emailing, calling and now at this point (5 months later) we have gotten nowhere. Emails are not returned, calls (apparently only one person in the store that can deal with this who is either not at work or busy) never returned. Did manage to get them to say that they would collect the tiles twice, however same as a promise to call back - never happened. Now I know that over ordering was my mistake, but the fact that there is no one to deal with your issue and help you solve it makes me say DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS, THERE ARE PLENTY OF SUPPLIERS OUT THERE THAT ARE ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN MAINTAINING RELATIONSHIP WITH THEIR CLIENT!!!! You are lucky if everything goes smooth, if you come across any issue, that is it you are stuck with them."
"Ordered a sample 2.5 weeks ago and still not received. Called up after 1 week to inquire and was told it would be sent out the same day. Still not received sample. If they can't assure delivery of a sample I sure wont be placing an order for a pallet full."
"I have always had exceptional customer service from any member of staff that I've dealt with at Stone & Wood especially Hussain who has been particularly polite and helpful. It really does make all the difference! Thank you"
"Once again I just wanted to thank the team from the Stone and Wood Shop! You guys have truly gone above and beyond in helping us renovate our new flat. Cannot thank you enough for your professionalism and recommendations during what could have been a stressful time for us. Ali was particularly helpful in recommending the 'Dijon honed lime stone' which looks fabulous against our shaker kitchen. :) Cannot recommend these guys enough!! We will be back in the near future for when we renovate our bathroom. Many thanks, Shauna Ann"
"Had a really great experience with this company. We were let down by our other suppliers at the last minute and had to urgently source new tiles. Antoni provided us with a sample the next day and was able to get our order to us within two days of us approving the sample. The tiles are lovely and I was really happy with the price. Highly recommend."
"I just want to warn anyone thinking of using this company.We spent months choosing the right stone for our kitchen. We chose Stone and wood shop as they were resonably priced and seemed helpful. We were wanting 80 squ m so a big order. Nearly £3,000 However on the day of our delivery I realised the stone was nothing like the sample stone ordered and so sent it back. Whilst I realise it is a natural product I wasn't expecting brown, orange and yellow all over a whitish stone. They agreed that this was a problem. I was then to discover that the people at the wood shop don't actually know the stone at all and are selling it to you unseen from a supplier. I had to make a very hasty decision on another stone as the tiler and builder were waiting. I then had another delivery of a different stone which on first impression looked good, although a lot of the corners were chipped. However whilst I was out 18sq m was laid and on returning this white tile, or so I had been led to believe, had big brown splodges all over it that looked like dirty foot prints. So again it all had to be sent back. As well as taken up from the floor. The Wood and stone shop agreed to give me a refund but said that a lot of the tiles were chipped when returned and so would only reimburse £750 ?!! It was all very expensive for us as not only did we have to pay for the tiles but also the tiler for his time which was was charged at £98 squ m so was over £2,000 So all in all it cost us £4k for nothing but stress. We ended up going to D.O.G.A in Chichester who are a wholesale supplier who were just brilliant and cheaper."
Dear Lucy,

First off we would like to apologise for the experience you have had with us. We certainly do not take pleasure in reading such reviews and work extremely hard to ensure service to our customers are at the highest possible standards.

In this instance we tried exceptionally to ensure that your project was supplied on time and to your expectations. Where you expressed your concerns before delivery that should you receive the goods, but they were not to your liking against the sample, we happily agreed to offer a full refund and take back the goods without any charge prior to fitting.

We do admit that from time to time variation can be more than expected which is why we do state on the back of all of our samples that batches can differ. However, we saw this was quite a significant variation and happily took the product back

We do buy some of our products from UK based suppliers as well as import a large amount of our own products and we make our suppliers warehouse open to our customers to view all of our stock before purchase.

With regards to the charges that you incurred, these were for damaged tiles that were sent back to us as per our terms and conditions.

At Stone and Wood Shop we try and operate outside of our terms and conditions as much as possible to ensure our customers are limited to costs and most importantly stress. We sincerely apologise for the experience you had with us and would love the opportunity to try and make it up to you in the future should you have the confidence in us to do so.

Kind regards,
Ali
Stone and Wood Workshop
"Really pleased with both the product and service from Stone and Wood shop. The Eramosa Porcelain tiles look very smart, giving a crisp, clean look. The company telephoned me back every time they said they would. Reliable and very easy to deal with. thank you"
"I ordered my tiles with Antoni, who was very helpful. I initially ordered some free samples which as others have said arrived the next day. They were excellent quality so we rang up and placed an order. Ordering about 40m of travertine they even offered me a discount when purchasing the cement and grout. The tiles arrived on the day specified and were excellent quality. Out of the 36m orderd we had only 2 broken tiles which is excellent. The quality is supurb. A friend of mine ordered from another company and paid almost double what I did and the tiles we received are by far better quality. I laid them myself. They are easy to work work. Cut well with a wet cutter. The adhesive was easy to work with and the finish is just the best. I was dubious at first because ordering over the internet based on a small sample is a bit daunting but they genuinely were best quality at the cheapest prices anywhere in the country. Thanks Ali and Anyoni. I'll be in touch shortly for a quantity of silver travertine."
"Excellent company. Great price on marble tiles compared to competitors, and when a minor issue arose (we ordered 8 bags of rapid set adhesive, but needed only 2 of this and 6 standard set) they arranged with a nearby company on our behalf that we could visit them instead and exchange the bags at no cost, saving a great deal in not having to arrange a new pallet delivery and pickup. This was above and beyond. Antoni and Ali were both very helpful. Would happily use this company again."
"Dealt with Antoni Karas, professional and polite, provided all info required, got a great discount and arranged delivery on time. Excellent good quality Carrara Marble tiles. I Highly recommend them and will definitely purchase from them again."
"We decided to buy our tiles from Stone and Wood Shop and have been very impressed with them. They have been very helpful and delivered on time. The tiles look lovely and we will definitely use this company again. Many thanks!"
"We bought two lots of tiles from the Stone and Wood Shop, Stanmore. One was a big order for a large part of the ground floor of our house and the other was a smaller order for a cloakroom wall. Throughout our dealings with Stone and Wood Shop all the staff, and Ali in particular, have been superb – nothing has been too much trouble for them. Prices have been very favourable and the service excellent from start to finish, friendly but very professional. Free samples of the tiles we were interested in purchasing were even given to us when we visited the showroom and that was before any order was placed, which was much appreciated and helped us to make our final choices. Delivery was organised promptly as soon as the tiles were in stock and all the tiles arrived in perfect condition. This store stands out as putting all its customers first and we would highly recommend to anybody purchasing tiles. We live 80 miles from this shop and we can confirm that the distance we had to travel to the showroom meet with Ali to view and discuss the tile options was very worthwhile. Chris and Geoff Hayes"
"Ali & team at Stone & Wood shop always pleasant & helpful and by far the best price we could find anywhere Both orders we have placed arrived on exactly the day required and they handled a short notice top up order with no problems at all HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"
"Speaking to Ali on the phone he was very helpful, and gave us a very good price. I did a lot of searching on the internet but Ali was by far the best price. We ordered 16 square meters of Salem Gold Limestone, it was delivered on the day promised very well packed. Our kitchen floor is now finished and we are so pleased with the look and finish of it. Many thanks Ali for your kind help and service would certainly recommend you to anyone. Kevin & Julie Appleby"
"An excellent product from an efficient company. They provided the oak flooring to my specification, whereas other suppliers could not. At all times courteous and knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to use them again. Geoff Fareham"
"Great experiance, very well priced, good communication, easy to order, super speedy delivery, and such beautiful tiles! Actually quiet unique tiles that ive struggled to find for a reasonable price anywhere else. A very good experiance in all and would definately recommend. Must add, the delivery man made a stella effort to get them up the drive too!"
"Purchased some travertine tiles for our kitchen/conservatory. Was delighted with the product, service and price. Ali was a pleasure to do business with, knowledgeable and helpful. Would certainly use them again and would not hesitate in recommending them to anyone"
"I did a lot of research before actually venturing out to see the tiles. We started off looking for travertine tiles but after speaking with ALi about the pros and cons of these we switched to marble tiles. We have a large floor area and three bathrooms to tile. To keep it simple we have chosen two versions of the same marble. Ali helped us all the way and gave us a very good price for our order. The tiles were delivered when promised and the store were happy to coordinate with our builder on delivery. The floor tiles are now laid and look fabulous - and that is before grouting. Our Tiler and our builder have both commented on the quality of the tiles. Which was great news as I am not an expert and you always worry a bit about big purchases. All in all: good customer service without being pushy, unbiased advice, timely uncomplicated delivery of a good product at a good price."
"Needed help with 5 bathrooms and I got plenty of help discussing my requirments. I recieved samples next day which were great. I placed my order (great prices) and delivery was on time as arranged. When the delivery arrived the driver did damage some of the tiles, an unfortunate accident but I had replacement tiles on the next available truck out to me! No drama! I have since been down to the showroom which is fantastic, definately worth a visit. Service has been fantastic and I would highly recommend Stone and Wood Shop."
Stone and Wood Shop is rated 4.77 based on 61 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!