Speed Screed Limited Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Speed Screed Limited

Eaton House, 3 Amelia CourtTrinity Park

How would you rate Speed Screed Limited ?

"Disgusting ! Quoted a price for not a large area quoted approx £1,400 .,arrived today to do it didn’t have enough materials as had been measured incorrectly . Luckily I had only paid the 50% last week instead of the 100% they had wanted . They started to pack up the job and it was way off finished ! It should have been about one hours job but they were here for 5 hours due to all the cock ups ! They only did a small area and not as deep as required and only half the room . Said they needed to requote for the extra materials , Sent quote for over very quickly for now £2,700 , This was double the original quote. They then called me to ask for full payment before they come back to do the job ,but also on top of all the hassle they expected me to pay the £2,700 on top of the £1,400 plus !! so over £4,000 . They were insisting on full payment on the lot ! As if ! Nightmare . I have since called 2 more companies in this business this afternoon who could not believe the story and the prices . As for the staff !! So unprofessional . No one in charge as the M.D. in the USA until September ! How helpful and how worrying to leave your company in poor hands ! The men who came to do the job did it well so wasn’t their fault just poor organisation . Made a lucky escape"
Timeline:

Friday 3rd August 2018
Speed Screed operatives attended Mrs Hawe's project in Harrogate to find the correct area, however the depth of screed required was greater than reported on our original survey. The team proceeded to lay the materials available onsite.

Assurances made to Mrs Hawe;s that the issue would be investigated, and a solution offered.

Monday 6th August
Speed Screed's original survey of the required depth of screed was incorrect, and we apologised for this error.

To make amends for this error, Speed Screed offered to complete the work at no extra cost (the material required had more than doubled). We also offered to refund all of Mrs Hawe's money, and not charge for any of the work completed.

Mrs Hawe's requested the refund.

Tuesday 7th August
Money refunded to Mrs Hawe's via bank transfer.

There was a human error with the survey, and once we had established the full details (the very next working day) solution to complete the job for no extra cost was offered, and also a full refunded.

Speed Screed acted quickly. When wrong we hold our hands up and take responsibility, always good to know how a company acts when things do go wrong.
"Cooperative men who listened to our requirements and did as requested. Good communication with company before screeding day."
"Excellent customer care - high quality product & service provided."
"Fantastic company to work with, great comminucations"
"Outstanding services from start to finish! Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Competitive prices. Attention to detail and excellent completion time. Our conservatory floor was ready for the tiling. The tilers commented on the fantastic quality of the screeding. Thank you Speed Screed! We recommend you without reservation."
"Screed was laid well, guys were great. Waited 17 days to be sure the fast drying screed was dry as we had plastering completed before having the moisture test completed by Speed Screed which cost me £550+VAT. the guys who arrived didn't know the product and advised another 7 weeks as they said the moisture content was too high. Spoke to speed Screed on numerous occasions and they very rarely returned my calls. finally after 8 days the operations manager said he would confirm via e-mail that the moisture content was fine as the moisture testing technicians had given the wrong information but then finished off by stating that the floor covering contractor needs to complete a moisture test. now considering i'm the contractor who paid their bill in good faith and that i'm the one laying the floor, what the hell did I pay them £550 VAT for? I've used this company many times before and experienced a problem before. when there is an issue they want to not be culpable in anyway. the operations manager hasn't replied to my e-mail or returned my calls. I will definitely NEVER use them again. Awful customer service for such an important part of your building project."
Hello Chris,

We are glad that the screed was laid well, and you had no issues with the quality of the workmanship.

I'm sorry to hear that there has been confusion with regards to the moisture reading; the test was conducted and gave a reading of 2.6-3.0% (as per the report sent to you). The moisture reading was carried out by an independent moisture contractor, and not Speed Screed (all technical information was passed to the contractor).

This information should then be used in conjunction with data supplied by your flooring contractor/flooring manufacturer (the percentage moisture from the test against the required percentage moisture from the flooring manufacturer). The test result was within the guidelines of 95% of floor coverings; however, how moisture tolerant a floor covering is should be determined by the floor manufacturer. There should a target moisture content from the manufacture of the floor covering, and then the test is to see if the moisture meets the required reading.

It should be noted that how quickly a screed dries is dependent on the environment in which it is placed, and it was noted that plastering works took place after the screed was laid, which would have introduced large volumes of moisture into the said environment. Notwithstanding the additional of extra moisture the screed still performed to expected guidelines.

Kind Regards,

Speed Screed Ltd
"Speed Creed Ltd has done a brilliant job and the finished screed looks brilliant. The job was done efficiently and that is important in this industry. Their staff is very polite, friendly and I do not think there's a way to leave their amazing service greater than how it looks, this is why I rate to their service an excellent 5 out of 5 points and I difinitely recommend their service to everyone."
"Great job,fast,tidy,no hassle, will use them on my next project."
"I am very happy with the screed job completed by Speed Screed in London. Site staff were very professional, polite, friendly & cleared up after themselves. They were good value for money. No aspects that need to be improved on, they were very very good indeed."
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent service we received from you recently on one of our projects. The job looks great and I am very pleased with it."
Speed Screed Limited is rated 4.81 based on 81 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!