Specsavers Reviews

40% of reviewers recommend Specsavers

How would you rate Specsavers ?

"Specsavers is a very very bad company. I cancelled my contact lens appointment and the next available one they have is 2 months away! They wouldn't even let me come to my once existing appointment 15 minutes late. Very annoyed and angry overall."
"Bought a pair of glasses from them They never made them comfortable I went back a lot of times to adjust them, being very painful on my ears. Note I have to use them loose so they don’t hurt me and they slide down everytime I look down. Plus the glasses always always always catch my hairs, no way to fix this. Very poor quality."
Mrs Rita Mary Laurence
Verified Reviewer
"I was referred to Spamedica by Spec savers - Morley branch- for the removal of cataracts to both eyes. Following the first operation, Spec savers failed to send the post operative report to Spamedica for several weeks. This caused considerable distress and a delay in treatment for the other eye. Having now had my other cataract removed Spamedica are unable to offer post operative treatment as they have still not received the post operative report from Spec savers. Mr Patel, the owner of the Morley branch although fully aware of the above problem and despite his promise to review their procedures customers continue to suffer long delays in potential life changing treatment."
"Terrible service. Do not trust this company to look after your eyesight. Appaling level of service from Winton branch. I paid for 2 eye tests, one for contacts and another for new glasses. When I saw that the prescriptions were very different from my last ones, I queried this with the optician, who then adjusted my prescription without any further examination. I've now bought new glasses and contacts using the prescriptions and cannot see or focus on anything using them. My old glasses and contacts are much better. When I returned to the store, the sales assistant refused to accept any responsibility. The manager refused to speak with me. I then emailed details of my complaint to Specsavers customer service department and have had no response at all in over a week. Absolutely disgraceful service. I posted the above review on Trustpilot and Specsavers replied with their standard response (the same as they post after every bad review: We are sorry to hear about your experience Emma, if you would like us to look into this further, please could you complete the following form and provide us with more detail so we can have your concerns looked into: https://www.specsavers.co.uk/news-and-information/customer-service/contact-us Re: Reply from Specsavers - This is the same link I used to contact you over a week ago and you have not replied yet. I saw a reputable optician today who examined my eyes and confirmed that my prescription has not changed since the test I had over 18 months ago. She couldn't understand why Specsavers have prescribed totally unsuitable lenses or why the contact lens prescription (from the same optician) was totally different from the eyeglasses prescription. She was also shocked to hear that when I went back to Specsavers Winton I was told I should wear the new glasses for a week to get used to the new lenses, despite not being able to see wearing them. I have incurred approximately £300 unnecessary expense as a result of your incompetence. What are you going to do about it other than ignore my direct complaint and post a standard response on Trustpilot, pretending that you care?"
"Appointment was on time, all staff were friendly and professional and looked after us taking into consideration that we had a young baby with us. Staff Sharon and Jackie were particularly helpful and ensured that our visit was a success and hassle free. Thank you (very happy customer)"
"Bought £40 specs for everyday use-light and comfy....but the right screw continually falls out of right arm hinge leaving me to juggle the gigs on my nose to read. Yes I know they were cheap but they shouldn't keep losing a screw."
"Very poor customer service. No consistency with the information given. Only focused on up selling products. Gave me the wrong lenses. I will not be using them again."
Susan Scott
"Excellent service with a smile!"
Dissatisfied Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"Awful customer service at west wickham store! So unimpressed with their total lack of customer care!"
"The varialfocal lens are absolutely rubish. I bought the most expensive lens and the vision is do limited it is unbelievable. They should be banded for all drivers as you can not see right or left. The worst company i have ever dealt with changd twice a But still can not get them correct."
"2nd time in a year had glasses made.not fit for purpose..no sorry..ended up money back..no care from ss at all..wont ever go back to them."
"They missed my cataracts!! It was Vision Express who discovered them. Shame on Specsavers to be sure."
David Montebello
"super sales and very good offers on most frames...great customer service"
Lynn Gelsthorpe
"They just didn't suit my eyes and gave me head ache ."
"Waited 3 weeks for new glasses from Oakham branch Picked them up could not see a thing Wrong prescription Awful branch"
"My Husband has visited your Chepstow store this morning and had a very pushy seller instead of an optician. He was robbed. We will never use Specsavers again, we being my husband, myself, my Son and anybody else I have chance to share my opinion with. I am disgusted with Specsavers they are daylight robbers."
Darren Sibley
"Great service . friendly knowledgeable staff with a great choice of frames."
"opticians good rest of staff very poor. wrong date on appointment card I had to return. had to wait 17 minutes after appointment time to see optician. staff don't seem to be able to communicate with each other although each seems to have an ipad !!! glasses very expensive got same spec glasses elsewhere for £92 cheaper. would not recommend and will not be going back."
"Specsavers Newark, situated in Morrisons is tiny, noisy and has rude unprofessional staff. There are no doors, phones ringing, not being answered, but only complain about this if you want to be bullied by the staff. You are just a customer production line, not treated an individual. Awful place, leave well alone."
"The service was Excellent I was on Chiswick and i was very happy with all the service."
Specsavers is rated 2.73 based on 52 reviews