Specsavers Reviews

41% of reviewers recommend Specsavers
Email, Live Chat

How would you rate Specsavers ?

"Called out by surname. Not Mrs Snead but Snead. Arrogant rude man had to move to another sales man. Just money making business total disregard to courtesy."
"Hearing test.... FAIL even though I cannot hear in one ear told too young to be going deaf, didn't even get a hearing test, waste of time took morning off work for this and didn't even get a test next day went to a n e n guess what I've actually lost hearing in my ear mmmm to young eh get ya facts straight n get proper trained hearing specialists in future"
"Worst service ever...wrong test, second pair of glasses not ordered...unbelievable..asked for refund"
"Great service. Nothing too much trouble. Many thanks to Mark, Lee and Jade at the Great Yarmouth branch of Specsavers. Credit to specsavers."
"My spectacles from Specsavers were great. I had high value lenses fitted in 2015. The sides had broken away so they needed replacing. On visiting the Specsavers store I was served by, (as I later learnt an apprentice) who advised me they could not be repaired on site. They would be sent away for up to 6 weeks and then they may not be able to repair them. I knew they could be repaired so I took them to be repaired elsewhere and they were able to repair them immediately. The service I received on this occasion from spec savers was utterly appalling which I conveyed to a supervisor and the Director who telephoned me. The situation was so bad, I have had to suffer unnecessary additional cost in order to keep my spectacles. I have since been trying to obtain reimbursement from specsavers for additional costs incurred. So far despite intervention by the OCCS I have not received a satisfactory resolution, just an empty apology and a reluctant offer of a credit note for £48. I have also written to the CEO Doug Perkins about a week ago but so far not received an acknowledgement or response to the issues outstanding. I live in hope? From adverts, I expected far more understanding than I have got to date."
"I lost an arm off my reading glasses and took them into the St Annes branch and within 2 hours they were able to replace it, free of charge! Always excellent service.Thank you so much!!"
"Been here today for the first time for an eye test. Wasn't planning to buy any glasses. But staff were really friendly. 3 English men and 1 Asian lady - she is adorable, all of them were very helpful and patient. Didn't feel like I was pain in the ass:) even though I was. I liked the fact that they didn't try to upsell. But I still spend a lot of money though ha. Waiting for my two pair of glasses now. Can't wait. Thanks so much for winton specsavers staff today. Mr. N ;)"
"I have been with Specsavers for a long time, but after today. The experience I had with the one in Kingsbury, London was appalling. I went in there to get my prescription (when I rang in to the Specsavers in harrow who have my prescription they had told me I can get it from my local one as well as them at Harrow.) The man in the store he was wearing glasses, a little bit short. He seemed like the manager. However when I asked him he was like no we don't give out prescriptions, I told him the Specsavers at Harrow told me I can get it from here but he kept refusing to give it. Later on I went outside and rang up the Specsavers at Harrow to ask them if this is true that they cannot give it (to double check if I was wrong) they told me it wasn't true that I could get it from them. I went back in and gave the phone to the same man in the store, the lady at the harrow store told him that they can fax it to him, he then was like "the fax machine is broken". I find that hard to believe because my friend who had came with me saw a staff using a printer/fax. I asked him why he did not tell me this earlier before I spoke to the harrow stores. He didn't say anything. I am really annoyed at this. I was hoping to get my prescription today because I am going on holiday soon. Is it that hard to use a fax machine?! Why couldn't he have said it before?! The time when we went there it was around 13:40 on Sunday 28th July 2018."
"Specsavers Stourport really listened. I had an injury to my eye and eyelid and had been referred there by my doctor on the pairings scheme. Luke listened to everything I had to say, didn't interrupt me or try to give me his opinion. He valued what I was saying, writing it down and asking appropriate questions before going and talking to the optician. What a really refreshing experience. I felt valued, cared for. He had time for me, as did the optician and because it was late in the day, they didn't have an appointment slot for me but made one at the earliest opportunity, advising me to see if other opticians in the area could help with an appointment any earlier. I tried another optician and didn't receive anywhere near as much kindness and care as displayed by Luke and Jenny. Specsavers are my opticians and I always receive a high level of customer care there. Thank you - listening is such an under-rated skill normally, but wonderful to see it being used so well in Stourport - I'm sure I would have received the same level of care and attention from the other staff there, but thank you Luke"
"Great costumer service.very polite fast service. Extremely happy with the service."
"Will not use Specsavers again. Took my son there and the glasses he received were unwearable. Staff are extremely rude and do not listen to customers."
"Lenses were blurred, first appointment 6 weeks ago, still no word from them after the manager said they could lower the lenses, totally unfit for purpose, very patronising staff trying to adjust the nose rests and ignoring me saying i couldnt see,,,full stop!!!, and staff kept saying varifocals are different and need getting used to, then changed their tune when i said i had been wearing them for ten years, avoid the Ammanford branch at all costs! Have emailed a complaint and asked for a refund"
"Specsavers is a very very bad company. I cancelled my contact lens appointment and the next available one they have is 2 months away! They wouldn't even let me come to my once existing appointment 15 minutes late. Very annoyed and angry overall."
"Bought a pair of glasses from them They never made them comfortable I went back a lot of times to adjust them, being very painful on my ears. Note I have to use them loose so they don’t hurt me and they slide down everytime I look down. Plus the glasses always always always catch my hairs, no way to fix this. Very poor quality."
"I was referred to Spamedica by Spec savers - Morley branch- for the removal of cataracts to both eyes. Following the first operation, Spec savers failed to send the post operative report to Spamedica for several weeks. This caused considerable distress and a delay in treatment for the other eye. Having now had my other cataract removed Spamedica are unable to offer post operative treatment as they have still not received the post operative report from Spec savers. Mr Patel, the owner of the Morley branch although fully aware of the above problem and despite his promise to review their procedures customers continue to suffer long delays in potential life changing treatment."
"Terrible service. Do not trust this company to look after your eyesight. Appaling level of service from Winton branch. I paid for 2 eye tests, one for contacts and another for new glasses. When I saw that the prescriptions were very different from my last ones, I queried this with the optician, who then adjusted my prescription without any further examination. I've now bought new glasses and contacts using the prescriptions and cannot see or focus on anything using them. My old glasses and contacts are much better. When I returned to the store, the sales assistant refused to accept any responsibility. The manager refused to speak with me. I then emailed details of my complaint to Specsavers customer service department and have had no response at all in over a week. Absolutely disgraceful service. I posted the above review on Trustpilot and Specsavers replied with their standard response (the same as they post after every bad review: We are sorry to hear about your experience Emma, if you would like us to look into this further, please could you complete the following form and provide us with more detail so we can have your concerns looked into: https://www.specsavers.co.uk/news-and-information/customer-service/contact-us Re: Reply from Specsavers - This is the same link I used to contact you over a week ago and you have not replied yet. I saw a reputable optician today who examined my eyes and confirmed that my prescription has not changed since the test I had over 18 months ago. She couldn't understand why Specsavers have prescribed totally unsuitable lenses or why the contact lens prescription (from the same optician) was totally different from the eyeglasses prescription. She was also shocked to hear that when I went back to Specsavers Winton I was told I should wear the new glasses for a week to get used to the new lenses, despite not being able to see wearing them. I have incurred approximately £300 unnecessary expense as a result of your incompetence. What are you going to do about it other than ignore my direct complaint and post a standard response on Trustpilot, pretending that you care?"
"Appointment was on time, all staff were friendly and professional and looked after us taking into consideration that we had a young baby with us. Staff Sharon and Jackie were particularly helpful and ensured that our visit was a success and hassle free. Thank you (very happy customer)"
"Bought £40 specs for everyday use-light and comfy....but the right screw continually falls out of right arm hinge leaving me to juggle the gigs on my nose to read. Yes I know they were cheap but they shouldn't keep losing a screw."
"Very poor customer service. No consistency with the information given. Only focused on up selling products. Gave me the wrong lenses. I will not be using them again."
"Excellent service with a smile!"
Specsavers is rated 2.77 based on 64 reviews