RAC Reviews

801 82 82 82

Categories:
Motoring
Motoring

Tell us how RAC made you happy

Postal Service, Own Driver
Over a week
customer service
"Recavary service is just funny with this company I need to wait from 03:00 to 09:00 for recovery first I been told the Recavary will arrive between 04:00 04:30 and after 09:00 and after make me a offer some Recavary service to fix my tyre for a £60 so they can replace the tyre but can't do Recavary service.... sorry but is....."
Are you RAC? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"This company does not even deserve one STAR! Angry doesn’t even cut it. We join October last year with fleet cover. We have had 2 breakdowns & on both occasions we waited over 5 hours. First woman on own & 5 hour wait. Last night over 7 hours! There is no excuse for this kind of service. I would say if you have vans that you want to cover, don’t bother!"
"Customer service is a joke. Asked for reports urgently via email. 6 days still no response. Not even a courtesy email to say they are looking into matter. No phone number to ring. Once again faceless corporation doesn't actually give a damn"
"I have owned a car for almost 60years and never needed to call a breakdown service. Recently I changed my car and had free RAC Breakdown service included in the purchase price of the car. Yesterday, I needed to call the service and I received attention within the hour. The young man was very smart, polite and knowledgeable and fixed my car rapidly. I am most impressed."
"We broke down 20 minutes from home. The first guy cme out within 90 minutes, but then had to call recovery. We then had to wait 5 hours for recovery. In the meantime RAC were on the phone asking if the recovery team had arrived? Surely they should know this. Eventually a subcontract firm turned up and told us he only got the job 40 minutes ago! Shocking company! Shocking service! What the hell do you pay for!"
"Breakdown 4/5/2019 Engine gone repair man was so nice had lift home in the van car towed behind nice polite man"
"Phoned RAC because my locking nut could not be removed by myself has locking nut adapter has broke. RAC worker said because I has broken adapter it was my fault and would be charged to be taken home at a cost of £150, He advised me to drive with a flat tyre to the nearest tyre shop. Having waited for Three hours we decided to call another company at a cost of £138, they turned up within 30 min removed nut so spare could be fitted. Will not be using RAC again was surprised by the lazy attitude of operative."
"Confusing sales people and CYB approach to sales. Hard sell. Offers and products fragmented and over priced."
"RAC Key Insurance 5* - Thanks to KeyLocator and Soter PS (claims). Lost my keys, returned 3 weeks later after Xmas, but my car key £200 worth was making the lights flash, but not unlocking the door! RAC claim was dealt with by SoterPS with no tears or cost."
"I've had to use the RAC twice recently, both times the service was fast and very helpful. Both men who came out were lovely, very helpful and got me back up and running quickly."
"Absolutely terrible service. I Was left on a dangerous county road for three hours with 4 children under the age of 10 no communication about when they would arrive and was initially told someone would be there within 45 minutes. When I tried to make a complaint with them all they could give me was an apology and refused to give me any money back for the service so I paid £109 for very poor service. Absolutely awful service - hope I never have to use them again. I never got a refund and they told me I had to stop complaining after I tried to appeal my original complaint."
"I have Rac breakdown through Barclays Premiere, logged breakdown at 11.00 in the morning, its 18.00, still no sign of rescue vehicle. They taking direct debit every month on time, if they have no resources, they should not be offering this services directly or through Barclays. *********I wont recomend RAC to any one*********************"
"Shocking service, 3-4 hour wait to get someone to collect my car. Had to get a local firm to pick up my car. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone"
"Hello, My husband accidentally put the petrol instead of diesel in our car at Euro Garages Cherwell Valley, one of the motorway services on M40. We called RAC at about 6pm on 20/04/2019 and were informed that the help service would be with us within a maximum of 3 hours. We reiterated to them that we had a young baby with us and hoped it would not take longer. We were reassured again that it would be within 3 hours and rather, one of the servicemen would call us soon with an update. After over 3 hours and and a few minutes had elapsed (including an absurd 40 minutes waiting time over the phone) we were put through to an advisor. At this juncture he informed us that a help service will reach us in another 90 minutes. This is absolutely ridiculous! We were told by the advisor that in an Easter Holiday they were understaffed and were very busy. If that was the case we should not have been misinformed so we could have at least sought other arrangement. Not to mention we paid £224 for such subpar, to say the least, service. We had a toddler with us who wasn't too well either and made matters worse. And the advisor was informed of this and we were assured that this would be taken into consideration. I am a doctor and I know how busy even wards and A&E can get on holidays. We don't misinform waiting patients and they are updated on any changes. Using increased work load, understaffing and holidays as an excuse to delay treatment is considered highly unprofessional and unethical and is a legit reason for patients to file a complaint and be compensated for. We were misinformed and not even updated and promised. This is highly unethical behaviour and I, for one, am very disappointed with this service. After this experience I am compelled to seek breakdown cover from other companies. I sincerely hope you can improve your services, especially on holidays, if you are to retain customers. Regards, Dr.Shiza Ahmed"
"Dreadful waited 6hours !! Had to keep calling them and was on the side of a dual carriageway was in a very dangerous position in the dark. Unbelievable bad customer service and said one driver lost power on the way but never bothered to let us know until we called."
"Don’t use rac worst breakdown cover you can get think your covered your not I had full breakdown coverage and the rac left my self and my partner stranded 450 miles away from home for .8 of foot and wanted £7k to recovery it plus taking £16 a month for what !!!"
"Brilliant service, guy named Keith fixed my car he is hero ,very good service.love u rac.now I know I made right choice,.thank u RAC."
"Currently sat in a Travelodge car park waiting for the RAC Initially told 1-2pm so drove to the destination to meet them. Received a call at 2pm saying 3pm Then received a call at 3pm saying 4pm Ridiculous service."
"I joined the RAC through an over the counter offer in a shopping centre, I never received a welcome pack or account letter, when I needed roadside assistance I called them up, they couldn’t find my account details and refused to send someone out, the next day they found my details and sent someone out, they then sent me a bill for the tow even though I was a member, I made a formal complaint in which Francis McPhilburn said she would “look into the matter” over a year passed and I had no correspondence from them, then I received an email from their Lawyers threatening me with court, I agreed to pay £150 the tow even though it should have been free with my membership! I refused to pay the £140 in added charges as they ignored my complaint, they are now threatening me with court, they have refused to send me the recording of the calls, my contract and any other requests, DO NOT USE the RAC the AA are much better! They would rather spend thousands on legal fees to get £140 in invented charges than actually get the money they were owed for their services! Join Green Flag or the AA"
RAC is rated 1.51 based on 412 reviews