Quality Garden Supplies Ltd Reviews

69% of reviewers recommend Quality Garden Supplies Ltd

info@qualitygardensupplies.co.uk

30 High Street

Telephone

How would you rate Quality Garden Supplies Ltd ?

"Unfortunately you can't give Zero star as this is how I rate them. If you don’t have tools to provide service then don’t provide it. I bought 5t of top soil. Not only my order was not processed correctly although the charges were taken from my account. When it was supposed be finally delivered it wasn’t as the surface was not smooth, although I provided specific information a day before and got told that was fine. At the end I was sked for £105 (on the top of £408 which already paid) to rearrange the delivery or £255 to cancel my order. Horrible service and a bunch of fraudsters. Never, ever use them!!!!"
"Only half my order arrived a day late at 4:30pm. Customer services did offer to deliver the rest of the order (the main part) on the following working day but I was already booked on another job for the following 2 weeks so caused great inconvenience to me and my client and lost me most of a day's work. I can of course accept errors but the company seemed to wash their hands of the mistake when I contacted them about why this happened. I would have been happy with a 'sorry for the inconvenience and here's £25 off your next order' but instead they sent "We do not require someone present at the time of delivery if there is somewhere safe flat and level to deliver. We are unable to offer any compensation for any labour costs or holiday, as we do not require a signature. We cannot be held liable for any unforeseen circumstances". That's not very reissuring if you're planning on ordering some garden materials for a certain day. They did rather belatedly offer a kind of sarcastic apology "Apologies for the lack of empathy. I do not by any means want to overlook the inconvenience caused to you" or maybe that's my interpretation. Another delivery date has been arranged later in month and this is the first order I've had a problem with from this company in 6 or 7 orders. Thought I should offer that as a balance!"
"Extremely poor service - They didn't process the order on time so missed the delivery day, was not informed of this until I phoned after waiting on site all morning for the materials. I was still charged a premium for next day and morning delivery. When I requested the order be cancelled, they told me I would be refunded within 48 hours. I had to chase them 3 times and wait more than a week for my money, and they then missed the delivery charges off the refund. Nightmare to work with and very damaging to a small business like mine - would avoid at all costs."
"Turf delivered at 5.30 in the afternoon. It was laid the very next morning. Turf has gone brown and has shrunk. Complained to Company whose only response was that the turf should have been laid immediately. I think this is unreasonable and unrealistic. They asked me to send photos , which I did, and they clearly show how awful, and what poor condition it was in. Their response to this was to tell me I should have paid an extra £15 for a pre 1 o clock delivery. I have never fome across such awful customer service and I will be reporting them to Trading Standards. I would not deal with them again under any circumstances."
"Had a couple of deliveries from this company, which were fine, so I decided to order some turf from them. Unfortunately some of the turf was not of an acceptable quality and I couldn't use it. When I complained about this, their response was "it's not our responsibility because it's a natural product", which is awful customer service. The second response I received said that they would "sort it". However, they now appear to be ignoring me. This company does not live up to its name - it does not offer quality products and it provides awful customer service. I would respectfully suggest that the customer advisers who deal with complaints are given at least some basic training in dealing with customers."
"On 1st day of delivery was told that it would be between 2 and 3pm delivery driver rang me after 5pm to say he be there soon I told him not to bother as would be dropped on main road in the dark was charged extra £35 for delivery to be rescheduled for following week and morning delivery that said pallet was put were I wanted it and the quality of the ericaceous soil very good (few woody bits) I had to trug it through my house to back garden and was light enough to do this in 19 loads so will be ordering more soon --- Jim"
"10 OUT OF 10 for ALL aspects of the service I received. I took delivery of my order today (10x25kg bags of ROCKSALT). We live in CENTRAL SCOTLAND and I would like to say that I was VERY impressed with the full ordering and delivery service that I received. I would certainly not hesitate about buying from Quality Gardner Supplies again. My sincere thanks."
"I had a very bad experience with this company and would advise everyone not to order from them. Their customer service is extremely bad and appalling too. I made an order for a bulk of soil. I have read the condition and the fact that they do not delivery into the difficult, not accessible places. As I have had never the problem in the past (living here 8 years) to delivery things in bulk I would not think the hill can be such an issue. I have been waiting for 4 days at home for delivery after receiving the email that it has been shipped. As it was already delayed I have to go back to a website and made an enquiry. I have received the phone from the company where the lady was repeating over and over that I am in not accessible property and they can not deliver. It was annoying as I was upset they have not informed of this but wanted to move on and discuss the solution for this as they have charged me already. I had to repeat many times that I understand about the place but disagree but want the solution. Then she said there will be charges of about £50 because it is in their policy. I have made the purchase for £69.60. I got upset that this is ridiculous and she started to repeat her policy again. I said I don't want to listen more of this 'bulshit' and asked her to give me her name and informed her that I will complain about this. She refused to give me her name and hang up on me as she does not need to be talk that way. I have received the email now with charges and her name Elysha. There has been clearly errors on company's side and this is not how you should handle your customers. Plus I feel like they have stolen money from me!! I run business and have delivered items every day, in bulk!! AVOID THIS COMPANY AS THIS IS VERY RARE AND UNUSUAL WAY TO CHARGE PEOPLE FOR NOT DELIVERING THEIR GOODS. We have builders on our street now with lifts delivering good with no problem. Shame on you Quality Garden Supplies [copied] Dear Lenka, As we have discussed on the phone earlier, to return the goods back to the depot would incur a charge of £34.20 inc VAT. Unfortunately with your property being on a very steep hill we were not able to deliver due to our tail lift offload having no breaks, (the tonne bag of topsoil would simply slip off the back off the lorry being a health and safety risk). Please see our delivery terms and conditions for more information. Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 10.14.36.png https://www.qualitygardensupplies.co.uk/delivery Any queries please feel free to be in contact. Regards, Elysha info@qualitygardensupplies.co.uk Sales: Line : 0871 971 0988 Customer Services : 03333 216 896 Fax: 01785 330 837 www.qualitygardensupplies.co.uk Leading Suppliers of Turf | Topsoil | Bark | Gravel | Compost | Garden Furniture | De-icing Salt logo-contact-rh.png Quality Garden Supplies Ltd, 30 High Street, Eccleshall, Staffordshire, ST21 6BZ"
"3 out of 22 rolls were unusable had they had been cut too thin and had holes in and bits missing - this was obvious just looking the roll before unrolling it.Customer services are very hard to get hold off and many of my calls were cut off before being put through to someone. They were helpful when I got through, but I'm still waiting for my promised refund two weeks after being told it had been processed."
"topsoil purchase Very good quality soil. It was delivered on time and placed where I wanted.No issues at all."
"Quick service. Really helpful delivery man. Soil seems great quality."
"Excellent service, next day delivery, The topsoil was high quality. Thx."
"The delivery arrived a day earlier than expected"
"Top quality product delivered on time and excellent value for money. No hassle ordering on line very efficient service. Will use QGS Ltd again."
"very good top soil for the price and good delivery.."
"Easy to order correct product I needed. Delivery arrived 2 days later by a very helpful driver. Soil was perfect without lumps or stones. I recommend this company."
"I purchased a one tonne bag of border blend topsoil. The description states the following: That it is "a dark rich blended topsoil... a fine friable organic rich loam" and that "this soil has been screened to 10mm to remove any lumps and stone." However, having examined it carefully i.e. sieved about half of it now, I can report the following: 1/ That twenty per cent plus consists of stones larger than 1cm. 2/ That the rest is comprised of at least 70% clay – I've had a geologist friend look at it and she estimated its clay content at 70-80 per cent. 3/ I have found various items that were not mentioned in the description: old nails; various bits of rusty iron; concrete; plastic (from bin liners and plastic bags); wire; bits of broken roof tiles; lumps of wood; aluminium foil; part of a mother board; a sim card for a phone; broken glass (quite a lot) ; a counter for a board game; a small piece of costume jewellery and – wait for it – a used condom. According to Quality Garden Supplies it is "perfect for flower beds and borders". My view is that it's perfect, ideal material for the local rubbish tip. This gives a new angle on fly-tipping. It's actually the reverse - fly-selling, i.e. selling what was probably originally fly-tipped material. 'Quality Garden Supplies' - close, but 'Quality Garden Crooks' would be more accurate. I intend to provide further updates on any other new contaminants/finds I may unearth."
"The quality of the topsoil was 1st rate & arrived in a very sturdy bag which will be good for collecting leaves in the garden at a later date. The delivery driver was very helpful in leaving the pallet exactly where I had requested it. I was so impressed I ordered a 2nd bag but for some reason was £3 more expensive even though the orders were very close together! The website is very good, clear & fuss free, I am very happy to recommend this company."
"Good quality and first class service, many thanks"
"Topsoil quality was great, delivered on the date i requested.. couldn't ask for any more!"
Quality Garden Supplies Ltd is rated 3.84 based on 119 reviews