Origin Broadband Reviews

of reviewers recommend Origin Broadband
Over a week

Tell us how Origin Broadband made you happy
Very bad speed Strongly NOT RECOMENDED Our order is 67 bps we got 16 Mbps evening time and max 35Mbps on the day.
When I was called by origin everything about the service was explained well Dawn the agent was very nice I went live with them on the 6th of february and have had no problems at all and even thou it's still in its stabilising period I van go to my end room without been cut off like what happened with previous suppliers.happy with everything
Very friendly and helpful staff asked what we used our internet for and recommended a package to suit us and not just try to get us to take the most expensive
Very informative and refreshingly… Very informative and refreshingly honest discussion about my broadband needs and what I can actually get, thanks for your help.
I had a problem with my broadband at first but origin fixed it so quickly & the customer service was brilliant & I am so happy with my broadband!
The customer service was brilliant & they fixed my problem so quick!
very good value package 17.99 getting 10mbs
Excellent service. Had a little problem when i started with them, but that was sorted straight away. I am now in my second year and i doubt I'll be moving. I like the no frills approach, what you sign up for is what you pay, no hidden extras. All i can say is THANK YOU to origin.
Because I used to pay £ 35 a munths and my bordband was not very good now I just pay£22.99pay and very good
Switched from Plusnet, everything going fine after a month and much cheaper for basically the exact same service. I was paying £38.99 with Plusnet for line rental and fibre unlimited. Switched over to Origin Broadband and getting the EXACT same speed for only £26.99 (which also includes line rental). There was a very small glitch at first but I used Origins text chat system and the fault (disconnections) was quickly fixed and we were back online within about an hour. I was compelled to leave a review here as it's pretty much a no brainer to switch, why pay more for the exact same connection with a different provider?
I have recently moved home and decided I did not want the same broadband provider. I contacted two companies and had various issues and disappointments with them, one kept contacting me by email even when I had stated I did not have any broadband and requested phone texts! Third time lucky went to Origin. Patient and kind call centre opperator (Aaron) helper me through my application and answered my somewhat naive quetions.
I have been with origin for a number of years now I have never had a problem with them they are always at the end of the phone if you have any issues not like the other companies I have been with .I certainly would have no trouble in recommending them in fact I have.!!
I moved to an Origin Max Fibre subscription from BT. I had the BT Smart Hub 2 and Wi-Fi Extender Disc2. Right from the off, I was genuinely impressed by the high quality, superior signal-strength, and overall ease of set-up of Origin's (Asus) router. I consistently find Origin to be a much preferable ISP to BT. In just about every respect, Origin is a paricularly excellent, up-and-coming ISP which I would highly recommend.
AVOID AVOID AVOID!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! ABSOLUTE LAIRS!!! THE WORST INTERNET ON THE MARKET!!! I have made a big mistake that I didn't read comments and feedback before I go with origin....it is absolutely slow and it took me 60 seconds to open my gmail and wasn't able to open youtube! When I tether from my phone to my laptop is 6-10 times faster!!! I'm reading the contract now to cancel this and it says you can cancel one day before you go life.. where is the point??? you don't even see the product and how it works! THEY PROMISED 18MBS AND I AM HAVING 10MBS OR MUCH LESS.... I HAVE CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID UP TO 14 MBS, BUT IT NEVER WENT UP MORE THAN 10MBS !!!! DON'T DO MY MISTAKE AND READ THE COMMENTS PLEASE!
Awful experience! So, despite the poor reviews I though I would go ahead and place an order for Broadband. Everything with the order went smooth and the router arrived in time before the go live date. Now this is where the problems started. The go live date came and went and no new connection so I used "Live Chat" to find out what was happening and was told the Openreach cancelled the connection and did not give a reason. Origin Broadband then told me that they would put my order through again. I received an email from Origin confirming my new go live date, however this was followed up with another email from Origin's Senior Provisioning Coordinator stating that Origin have not been able to process my order as my current service provider has submitted a cease request to cancel your telephone line service on 08/10/2019. So I rang BT (my current provider) and asked them to cancel the cease request so Origin could place my order. BT said there is no cease request and that Origin Broadband order is active and that there are no problems transferring my service to them. I then rang Origin back and explained what BT had said and Origin said that they would put my order through again and that I would get an email with another revised connection date on Monday. Well today is Monday and I have hear absolutely nothing from Origin and I have had to waste even more time contacting them again. I have now cancelled my order and to add insult to injury I have to wait 30 to receive a refund of my upfront payment.
Never had a problem with them in over 2 years and just renewed at lower price than last time, I'd recommend
Not good! My speed is fine, customer services are rubbish. But net drops every so often for long periods of times. Ring up for over hour listening to the same old boring tunes to be eventually told it’s YOUR END not theirs... waste of Time just done a complaint I need to get away! I want a good service.
I am so glad that I am finally free of this terrible company. Do not enter into a contract with them if you expect to have an internet connection.
Awful company, constantly failing service, days to response to faults, months to respond to refunds. Cant wait to leave this bunch of chancers. Broadband on a shoestring, very cheap but pay for what you get
Unacceptable experience with this company have had nothing but slow speeds, dropped line and now no service trying to get it sorted takes weeks and still not working at all
Origin Broadband is rated 2.71 based on 31 reviews