Origin Broadband Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Origin Broadband
3PM
3PM

Tell us how Origin Broadband made you happy

"Not good! My speed is fine, customer services are rubbish. But net drops every so often for long periods of times. Ring up for over hour listening to the same old boring tunes to be eventually told it’s YOUR END not theirs... waste of Time just done a complaint I need to get away! I want a good service."
Are you Origin Broadband? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I am so glad that I am finally free of this terrible company. Do not enter into a contract with them if you expect to have an internet connection."
"Awful company, constantly failing service, days to response to faults, months to respond to refunds. Cant wait to leave this bunch of chancers. Broadband on a shoestring, very cheap but pay for what you get"
"Unacceptable experience with this company have had nothing but slow speeds, dropped line and now no service trying to get it sorted takes weeks and still not working at all"
"awful! I used it because my relative Peter Lowes was a manager and he was so convincing about it. I regretted it when i got my router and it didn't work, i got a replacement and it didn't work, i booked an engineer who rolled in after a fortnight and he finally got it going. Then when I complained i was promised a month free; it didn't happen and i refused to pay, the service started to drop from then and next month it was disconnected with no warning! I got a new supplier and I got bills for £100s from origin who said i was still connected and using the phone. my new supplier was billing the same calls. i refused to pay at all and then the portal started and after the first time i couldn't log on at all . i was getting calls on my new ex directory number and i called pete who warned them to stop and then I found a friend request on linkedin from a woman at their debt department ; under harassment law she was committing a crime). I had no choice but call police in. I am still not paying the bills as i was not connected at the time when i was billed.My new company was using the same box.Three years later it is not resolved and peter is gone to a new job due to finally getting sick of being blamed for the shoddy service."
"Where is my money Origin Broadband? After a year of failing service the Ombudsman ruled in my favour and released me from my contract but you had to pay compensation. It never came. Phone calls back never happened. See you in court"
"The worst company ever. Daily service drops, incorrect bills, they even resinstated my direct debit without permission. Had to send to Ombudsman who voted in my favour and still Origin havent paid my compensation. About to take them to court"
"Purchased and paid upfront for an 18 month 67mb Origin Max & Line Rental fibre contract with Origin. All went smooth and was very happy up until month 16 when they decided to charge me £184.99 for a new Origin Fibre & Line Rental 35mb despite the fact I am still on the 18 month one. I subsequently contacted Origin customer services to dispute this and was told that they would refund the £184.99 within 30 days. Yes you guessed it ... 30 days later I'm still waiting and have now had to threaten them with legal action in order to get my money back."
"Unsure where to start. Terrible company from sale to cancellation. Dealt with my complaint horrendously - literally told me to go to Ombudsman Services which I did, and won! Connection terrible as use Vodafone network. Disgraceful the way they manage staff - sacking people to save money and cocaine in the office?? Shameful. Don’t waste your money on this sinking ship."
"Worst ISP in uk maybe the world, not worth the hassle."
"Been with Origin Broaband a while, constant drops in service, promised compensation and it never arrived. Cancelled direct debit and they mysteriously set it up without permission. Worst company ive ever dealt with"
"As soon as I signed up with these clowns my internet speeds were on the low side and suffering from constant outages. Sometimes outages for hours, a few times a week. At other times 1 or 2 minute outages repeating every 5, 10, 15 minutes or so for hours. On average not more than 2 days would go by without some form of sustained outage or multiple, rapid-fire outages. When it was working the speeds would frequently be worse than dial-up, page would take ages trying to load and then fail, even after multiple attempts. Between outages I would check my public IP address and ISP details and they would sometimes change. For a while it was in Paris and then eventually ended up in Russia in the latter stages(?). Contacted them more than once, each time in the middle of sustained outages (one time in the middle of a 20+ hour outage), and of course "everything looks fine" and the "switch your router on and off" spiel. Resorted to trying every combination of 3 different routers and rj cables, no difference. Eventually had BT change the master socket in the house, change the physical line outside the house, and ultimately change something at the exchange regarding where/how we were connected there. No difference. Call customer service during another 12-hour outage, "everthing looks fine to us"... Eventually cancelled the direct debit well outside of the contract. 3 or 4 months later these crooks somehow got my bank to reinstate the direct debit WITHOUT EITHER MY PERMISSION OR INFORMING ME OF IT HAPPENING, ie. against the direct debit agreement, and actually backdated it 4 months before I happened to notice it one day looking back through my statements. Needless to say the money was back in my account within 2 or 3 days and then a change of bank was in order. But the nerve of these folk. One of the strangest things was - checking the available services on the SamKnows availability checker, Origin was and still is listed as unavailable. They had had me on some bogus line and kept periodically bumping me off on to other crappy, dial-up-esque lines throughout the contract. Shysters."
"Bad lot. Avoid them."
"Crooks. Avoid them."
"AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!! They take your money but don't provide a service! I paid first instalment 5weeks ago and STILL don't have broadband. You get passed from pillar to post, never speak to same person and there is a min 73 minute wait to get technical help... Please learn from my mistake - they are cheap for a reason - they are appalling."
Origin Broadband is rated 1.07 based on 15 reviews