Natwest Reviews

of reviewers recommend Natwest

Tell us how Natwest made you happy
Worst customer service ever. I have been on the phone to the customer service to try and sort out an issue because their online banking and online credit card banking systems aren't unified (so inconvenient). No support, understanding or even the slightest attempt to help. Their personnel need training on the fact that expats who live half way around the world cannot pop into their branches as easily as that. Next time I'm in the UK, I'll definitely be popping into a branch, not for support but to close this account! Learn to treat customers right!
A joke from start to finish. They have done nothing but made every possible interaction with them the most frustrating, infuriating and needless obstacle. Online banking is total chaos, their customer support service (when the system is actually functional) is about as pleasant as being fed human excrement. Nobody seems to have the slightest clue what is actually going on, who you are, and how they could even begin to be of assistance. Steer clear if you value your sanity.
Absolutely shocking. They locked my internet banking and told me they would send me an activation code by text, asked if they had my correct number - no. Would not take the number from me as I may not be who I say I am, hang on, how many security questions have you just asked me and then you discuss my banking details with me but then won't accept my new number as I may not be who I say I am, absolutely ludicrous. Later I sent in some paperwork and I rang to see if they had it as I hadn't heard from them. We can't help you, you need to speak to your branch, put me through then, no can't do that you need why not pop into your branch - you mean the one you closed, nearest one 15 miles away and only open office hours????? My argument was, why have a central number for customers to ring if you can't help only a branch can yet you can't be put through or get into a branch. Only option was to speak to complaints, why to be told the same thing? After 30 years, I'm now switching my banks! Can't help but wonder, who is working for whom here? Also you manage to email me every month to say my statement is ready and also emailed me today to say you are switching my accounts so you can get hold of me when YOU want - where is security here as after 30 years are you even sure you are emailing the correct person?
I spoke to someone in mortgages who had a nasty belittling attitude. I have been with Natwest for years and have found them to be the worst bank, very unhelpful and arrogant. This attitude runs throughout the bank. If you want piece of mind DO NOT have an account at Natwest!!!
No transparency with unarranged overdraft fees. A £6 transaction became a £260 charge because the bank failed to alert me I was overdrawn. Despite asking for text alerts as well as email as the primary contact method, I received no emails or texts (but I did get a letter 2 weeks after the transaction - useful when you're not in the country). Just phoned an operator to confirm text alerts for unarranged overdraft usage - he put me on hold for 20 minutes then picked up again and accidentally (?) hung up on me. Don't waste your time with this awful, deceptive and sh*t customer service excuse for a bank.
Customer service over the phone falsified that I had failed to pass security, when actually they never asked me any security question. So they refused to serve me. Next day I closed my account... I deserve better as a customer.
Horrible customer service. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
The customer service was horrible. For no reason, my card was blocked for online purchases, and after chatting on the Webchat service and on the phone 6 times over three days, my issue wasn't sorted even though I was told, repeatedly, that my card was okay to be used again. The worst part is that all the teams at NatWest had zero communication so I had to continuously explain my issue to person after person. Worst service, and worst bank. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, look for a better bank.
They aren't helpful at all if you're robbed and lose your cash cards. I cancelled my card after answering security questions and they told me that it was fine so they would send me out my new card. Then they said my online banking had been closed and put me through to the security department who said they didn't know why I had been put through to them, but my card had definitely been ordered, and if I answer more security questions they would set up the online banking again. Then they asked me a stupid question about transactions that I couldn't remember, so I said I can't remember and could they ask another one, but he said the computer says I have to answer a multiple choice question and they have no control on what the questions are, so I said I'm not sure and would only be guessing and I don't want to guess as I have no money for food or petrol, and he was quite rude and said I had to answer it but I got the question wrong and then he said computer says so, but my card would definitely be sent out, so I said it was a stupid question and I can't believe he was so unhelpful. So I wait days for the card only eating cereal with no milk wondering why it was taking so long, and after 5 days I phone up again and they told me that there's no record of me ordering the card, so the last person i spoke to must have cancelled my card without telling me, and I'm told that I have to go into my branch which is now only open a couple of days a week. I said my petrol has nearly ran out and it's not open again for days, and I was told I should beg people for money and food until i can get to a branch. It's obvious the one who was unhelpful cancelled the ordering my card on purpose to be nasty. They made a stressful time even worse
I have been with this bank for close to 6 years. I transferred money from one account to the next and they ceased my account for fraud. The fraud team has the worst customer service ever. They are incredibly rude no service skills and very vague. I have had most services cancelled subsequently they don't care. I have had larger sum into my account before . But the dealt with me like a criminal for transferring money between accounts. My money. Really gutted I left Barclays for them. Never use this bank they don't care when things go the other way. I spent a total of 21hrs on the phone for my money and still unresolved.
They opened account for me and they closed it after 2 days. When I went into the branch it was a nightmare for me. The staff wasn't very helpful and no one seems to be aware of their bank's policies. I waited more than 3 hours in the bank just to cash my money out but I couldn't on that day. They didn't even tell me why they have closed my account. Then I went to the other branch and they did it for me. It was a horrible experience .
I would absolutely not rate Natwest any stars. Seriously who employs the customer service team and what criteria is needed to work in their customer service? My 3 year old son has more common sense and logic than these people. They all are extremely rude and ignorant! None of them understand what customer service is and they have no clue what their product is nor the knowledge to be able to communicate with customers and resolve any issues or answer a basic question. It is absurd! Throughout stressful times related to money matters you need a good customer service team who try to understand the situation and resolve the matter best they can. What you do get, is a rude, abrupt agent on the phone with no knowledge of anything. They are quick to put the phone down on you, have to initiative to ask if they dont know and are simply just completely and utterly careless of the job. Why these people have a job when they clearly dont care for it is mistery. I would not recommend this business to anyone. Try calling customer service, you will need to be able to speak in a aggressive manner for them to understand what you are trying to say. Complete idiots!
Absolutley disgusted with the subpar level of service as a business and personal banker of over 30 years with this org. To hear "someone will notify you in due course doesn't fill me with any confidence. Never again.
Banked with them for thirty plus years personal and over twenty five years business. They are a manipulative scheming untrustworthy dodgy set of individuals and as a corporate body they deliberately rip people off.
To start with, I am not a frustrated customer, this one is just a review. I think Natwest is a scam, they are holding the power and charging people for every little transaction they make, in another country below are the things you can do from a cash machine 1. You are on the way to the airport, you need urgent cash exchange. You should be able to do from a cash machine, since Natwest cash machines are dated back to 1991 it does not work for you. 2.Your children need urgent cash, they lost their wallet, you should be able to send money to their mobile phone with a pin number, Natwest does not offer this service either. There is a service called send money to mobile which natwest does not offer. 3.You should be able to draw money using your mobile phone( this has been introduced recently as a big news ) but guess what in most countries you can take your money with QR codes without needing of a bank card. 4.There should be a cardless menu in the cash machine where you can pay your bills, traffic fines and other payments using your id number which natwest does not offer either. 5. Again you should be able to pay in money from a cash machine or pay your bills, cash machine should give you the change ( either in coins or notes) which natwest does not offer either 6.You need to top up your phone, you should be able to do from a cash machine 7 .There are 10 -15 more services that I can t remember at the moment that Natwest does not offer that you should be able to do from the mobile phone application. 8.In a bank you should be seated and wait not stand in a queue as if 1900 communist country. So Natwest service is, comparing to world standards, is a joke, but you have no other options to choose from so not sure what you can do about it. If Natwest offers any of these services they can't charge you for every little thing they do again this is bullying.
I banked with natwest for over 14 years I DO NOT RECOMMEND NATWEST as they will just close your account with all my money in and now I have no access to my own money I'm left with nothing all weekend and no family to help out 4 KIDS TO LOOKAFTER THANKS AGAIN NATWEST I want my money from my account I am taking this to court
I witnessed sheer arrogance and aggressive rudeness from one of the female staff members towards a gentleman last week. He was trying to sort out a problem and from her tone and attitude it was clear she thought he was the problem. She told him that her colleague had already gone 'above and beyond ' to help him and he politely pointed out that he would have no way of knowing what was Nat west policy in terms of going above and beyond. The interchange carried on for a good 10 minutes and while I would rather not have been waiting in the queue I was more worried about the crass and unprofessional treatment of another customer.
Worst high street bank. Avoid. Long queues, really unhelpful attitude. Change banks is my strong advice.
I've banked with Natwest for over 20 years and had no problems with them. I've had hassle trying to set up a new payee on my account as this must be done using a key card, all of which have never worked, meaning this must be done over the phone or in branch. Other than this they've treated me pretty well. I've also banked with Barclays who regularly tried to defraud my account! Thankfully have now cut all ties to Barclays and will stay with Natwest.
Cambridge store staff are extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. Awful customer service
Natwest is rated 1.75 based on 203 reviews