Natwest Reviews

Natwest have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

28% of reviewers recommend Natwest
Telephone

How would you rate Natwest ?

"Telephone banking appalling service. Waited 6 mins and no answer usual message ‘higher than normal volume of calls etc’ Called again and selected loans service....surprise surprise answered quickly!!! Then put through the entire system again....another 4 mins then told should have selected another option. Another 11 mins and still no answer just automated mesage apologising for the delay. 21 mins and no answer ...given up. Have paid £ to listen to irritating music and automated message. This happens EVERY time regardless of say of week or time of day. Of course customers now have to pay for these calls.....NatWest are making a lot of money for unacceptable service. Avoid this bank.....do not ever join NatWest ... it’s gone completely down the drain. NatWest you need to sort this out for your CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!"
"Lost debit card ,reported to a really friendly chap and new card received within 2 working days"
"Incredibly poor experience with Natwest. I'm saying it now, Don't bloody bank with them! I had been unwell with PTSD the past two years and that basically meant I didn't check my finances for a year or so whilst I was unemployed. So after recovering enough to finally get a new job and start earning again I try to log into my online banking to see how much money I have in there, and to see if my new wage went in. Natwest had locked all of my online banking and accounts. I was advised to go in branch - So I did. Staff told me because there was no activity for 12 months they closed my account and put all of my money on hold?! Absolutely no contact from them during this time, no bank statements, nothing through the post to notify me of this happening. I have just opened up a new account with a different banking company and am going in branch today to transfer all of my money to my new bank! Absolutely disgusted. I was with Natwest for 10 years and this amount of 'service' is just unacceptable! Don't even bother with them!"
"Poor customer service. Fees for basic transactions that shouldn't cost a p in the digital era. Their bank app is very limited so for larger payments I was forced to go to the bank - something I hadn't done for years! Old fashioned. Their staff was rude and incompetent - the cashier threat me 'I don't have to transfer your money if I don't want'. Well yes you have, the clue is in the name: it is MY money."
"Never helps only consider their incomes. I am a customer since 2003 but waste of time."
"Rude, unhelpful customer service."
"Am forced to use the high st Bedford branch due to bank closures. Be warned take fold out chair, refreshments and something to entertain you whilst you wait in the horrendous long ques. When you finally reach you cashier don't think for a minute you will receive a 'sorry to keep you waiting' I was served by someone who was just rude and abrupt and needs more training in his job in how to deal with customers who are frankly fed up with all their branches being shut having to travel further for a service they deserve whilst investing money in their local bank. Hang your head in shame Natwest."
"Charges applied to my account even though I went in to store as was told I had enough funds. I had over 400.00 in my savings with them to which they can see and still charged me £70.00 . Also had me on the phone for 1hr and 30 mins to be told this . Also changed standing order to 26th for rent had it taken out on the 26th and the 28th original date . And have been charged again another £70.00 for the banks mistake . Wouldn't trust this bank APPALING service and only interested in how much money they can get from you. BAD SERVICE IN STORE AND ON PHONE . APP DOWN FOR 14 DAY."
"very poor customer service,"
"Worst customer service ever. I have been on the phone to the customer service to try and sort out an issue because their online banking and online credit card banking systems aren't unified (so inconvenient). No support, understanding or even the slightest attempt to help. Their personnel need training on the fact that expats who live half way around the world cannot pop into their branches as easily as that. Next time I'm in the UK, I'll definitely be popping into a branch, not for support but to close this account! Learn to treat customers right!"
"I had to wait for another card to be delivered since the chip on mine was ruined in the machine! I was told that it was a maximum of 3-4 days for another one to be delivered.. 2 weeks later still no card and I was told another had been sent by special delivery but still no card not impressed! Had to set up another bank account with another bank! Not a happy customer!!"
"Customer service is shockingly bad. NatWest have refused to allow me to transfer my own money twice in a week. I asked for my branch manager to call me to explain. Nope. Not possible. I'm not allowed to speak to him."
"I have Asked to extend overdraft ...instead I was offered if I can save £50 a Months in savings account or open child savings account.... If I have savings I wouldn’t ask to extended my overdraft.......!!!!!!"
"Terrible service"
"Won't answer the phone in a timely manner, keep blaming this on unusually high levels of demand (which, given this the most common response, would then surely make it usual) and can't follow simple instructions."
"Natwest doesn't even deserve one star. We have had multiple issues with the bank. The latest has been my legal change of name. Every other organisation I have dealt with (HMRC, DVLA, DWP, local council, utility providers etc) has been very helpful and understanding of me as a disabled customer with mobility and communication challenges. Not Natwest. One month on and the matter is still not resolved. The options they have offered have been "fair and reasonable" - to Natwest and not to me. To top it off they paid £50 'compensation' in to my account this week and because I challenged them they then threatened to take it out again. What a lovely way to treat a disabled customer who they know is 100% dependant on her husband and, with no independent income, worries so much about money and just getting through each week, let alone month. We have been loyal customers of Natwest for over 15 years - more fool us!"
"The most useless bank I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. We opened a Natwest business account in October 2017, when we set the account up online it made no mention of linking personal accounts and joint accounts, however once we had set the account up - they linked myself and my other colleagues personal account to the business, which we did not own or have a shareholding. Secondly, we asked for dual authorisation on the account for transactions over £1,000, which the application made no issue of - however when the account was opened, this was a completely different matter. It allowed myself or my colleague to transfer money around without any authorisation etc. When I called Natwest and asked to raise a formal complaint, they had said they have logged it on the system and would get back to me. No one ever got back to me. After the appalling customer service, we decided to close the account almost immediately after opening. They made us jump through so many hoops. One of our employees linked to the account was leaving prior to us closing the account, to remove her from the account as a signatory was almost impossible. I wrote a letter with authorisation to remove her, two weeks later when the employee was due to leave the company, she informed me she still had access to the account. I called Natwest and they told me my letter would not suffice to remove her from the account - How about pick up the phone and tell me that? Instead they left it and didn't feel the need to communicate to me that specific forms had to be filled out. Even when I filled out the specific forms they said it would only take two working days and ended up taking nearly two weeks, meaning the employee had access to company funds after they had left the business! Just unacceptable, this should be instantaneous. I would never recommend Natwest to anyone."
"I would urge anyone looking to open a Natwest Business account not to even attempt it. The Business customer service advisers are shocking they give you the wrong information and the level of training is shocking. It took 6 months to change signatories on a Community Account, even after they changed the signatories they still sent the bank statements and correspondence to the previous signatories home address, When i realized what had happened i was then advised to fill in yet another flipping form....... If you decide to proceed with opening an account, all i can say is you have been warned !!!!"
"The customer service at NatWest was extremely helpful and the advisor went the extra mile and spoke with her manager to issue a letter. Also, I was happy with the mortgage process, as the staff in Barnsley branch offered great customer service."
"Today I been Natwest Edgware branch and I been serve by Abdul Khan manager. He was very helpful and give good customer service."
Natwest is rated 2.23 based on 83 reviews