Natwest Reviews

of reviewers recommend Natwest

Tell us how Natwest made you happy
"WE ARE WHAT WE DO" ALOW FRAUDSTERS TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT AND STEAL YOUR MONEY,AND NOT REFUND IT
Be aware, Natwest is going to be in financial troubles soon, read the news on newspapers. Better take away your money from this disrupted bank. Thousand of complaints have been lodged against Natwest especially because miss use of customer’s funds. Basically with various excuses they retain and use your funds. As I see the FCA and Ombudsman are not protecting the customers rights and it’s very concerning. I had stolen from my account hundred of thousand of pounds from NatWest and they don’t give any explanation. I had to instruct a lawyer to act against them. This is theft !
I was living overseas, and both my wife and I had Natwest accounts. Natwest first demanded I provide information while refusing to say why but with the threat hey would close my account if I didn't give it to them. They refused to tell me where to send it saying it would be in an email that they didn't send, and when I rang the second time and they started again I hung up. My complaints on the way the calls had gone only focused of course on the fact that I hung up, it ignored that I was practically begging them to tell me over the phone where to send what they wanted. Natwest have a habit of that, listening and reading only as much as they want, with an attitude 'if you don't like it go to the ombudsman'. They closed my account anyway, and made clear, they were under no obligation to say why! My wife they just wrote and said they were closing her account, very sorry etc., but they also wouldn't say why. It was an account I was putting money into pay for her cancer treatment, I asked them not to, they ignored me completely and they did of course close it, and put the funds into some dormant account. She couldn't do anything with the cheque they sent because she had no other sterling account. She passed away from the cancer, and since then it has been a battle with natwest all the way. First writing to advise them she died, which they simply acknowledged. Ringing them up, the person on the phone refused to tell me what to send to get the money that was in the dormant account back, but I could write to Bereavement Services (BS). The BS department ignored every part of my letter and just sent me the same response I already had. I rang them up about this, complained no one read my extensive letter, and I was then promised a cheque would be sent out. I also at the same time complained. When nothing arrived, I got back onto them yet again, only to be told now, I needed to get a Grant of Probate, in order to protect the customers funds. Err, that is the dead customer, whose funds were put into the account by me, from my own natwest account?! I finally received an email telling me I needed to get a grant of probate. Someone also rang me to discuss this, but by now, with natwest lying to me, refusing to tell me what was needed, lying to me again, when the person on the phone started with the usual garbage about recording the call for 'training and quality', I lost it, and hung up. I emailed them asking for details of the money that was in the dormant account so I could get it back, but that was ignored. I received then a letter that ignored most of my complaint, said they had no idea what happened, but I needed to get a grant of probate. They failed to tell me anything usefull that would be necessary to get that grant of probate. I emailed again, and was ignored. I made another complaint, which was in December, and I've only received the response now 8 weeks later 18 February, telling me I hung up them so it was my fault I didn't receive information. However, finally, after 4 months of constantly contacting this bank, I finally have the information I need to do what the bank demands I must do in order to get my own money back! Oh, they also said, where I complained about their response to the first complaint, they 'think it was fair'. Yeah, I'm sure they do. There are so many reviews of how this bank behaves towards customers, this approach that I have dealt with seems now deliberate policy. I would hope the ombudsman does something, and yes I have made a complaint, but I don't hold my hopes too high that this arrogant bank will be brought to heal. If you have an account, I really recommend moving to somewhere else.
I lost £743.84 with this bank in very short time since the account was opened, for nothing nothing. I tried to purchase IPHONE XS MAX from eBay but no chance from a seller without any review wrong description and he sended rubbish in the parcel to get confused . He sended with tracking nr and certificate of postage to showing the parcel has been received and do not get the money back the seller rwide fake statement to the bank . 1. I was headed 2. Seller He provided fake reference nr basically is from actionfraud not from police and actionfraud and police they never dealing with eBay The parcel has been received by someone else I have proof, I sended all evidence to bank with they what requested and to eBay and Paypal and to tried to fight to get my money back by I don’t know what can I do... eBay they sended via email a fake document to going to police station to get a reference nr and police they said to me this is not valid document recognized by the gurvement and by any enforcement law so they can’t do nothing, exactly the same was happened with PayPal . I have no resources to fight because I don’t know how to dealing with this And the bank they closed this dispute and the seller received the money for free ,from me and the phone as well. I never never had any dispute with any bank this is the first dispute with these impostors. Proof the parcel was received on day delivery by someone else according Royal Mail website tracking it showing different person no me. I was at work on that day Caution !!! Please please do not try to open any any account at these scammers. They have zero zero reputation on trustpilot.com and on many many websites if your transactions getting worse and you open dispute you 1000% they will find something to be legally do not get your money back. Here you can see many people give to the bank very bad review that means I’m not lied. So please stay away from these impostors.
I lost £743.84 with this bank in very short time since the account was opened, for nothing nothing. I tried to purchase IPHONE XS MAX from eBay but no chance from a seller without any review wrong description and he sended rubbish in the parcel to get confused . He sended with tracking nr and certificate of postage to showing the parcel has been received by signed by someone else (proof) and do not get the money back the seller rwide fake statement to the bank . 1. I was headed 2. Seller He provided fake reference nr basically is from actionfraud not from police and actionfraud and police they never dealing with eBay The parcel has been received by someone else I have proof, I sended all evidence to bank with they what requested and to eBay and Paypal and to tried to fight to get my money back by I don’t know what can I do... eBay they sended via email a fake document to going to police station to get a reference nr and police they said to me this is not valid document recognized by the gurvement and by any enforcement law so they can’t do nothing, exactly the same was happened with PayPal . I have no resources to fight because I don’t know how to dealing with this And the bank they closed this dispute and the seller received the money for free ,from me and the phone as well. I never never had any dispute with any bank this is the first dispute with these impostors. Caution !!! Please please do not try to open any any account at these scammers. They have zero zero reputation on trustpilot.com and on many many websites if your transactions getting worse and you open dispute you 1000% they will find something to be legally do not get your money back. Here you can see many people give to the bank very bad review that means I’m not lied. So please stay away from these impostors.
Worst bank .they put my account on stop with no reason. I have tried to contact them but they refuse to talk to us. If someone has experinced something like taking the account on stop please let us know what did you do. Thanks
This is the worst bank in the UK! AVOID AT ANY COST
I have been living ina property in Nottingham for 12 months. I receive mail addressed to previous residents and always return to sender - gone away- and put it back in the post. I have received multiple letters sent from "Your Business Profile' to someone whose name is unknown to me. I have returned so many identically addressed letters, that I can't now remember the exact number - 7 or 8, perhaps. The last 2 I returned with 'Deceased" and "Never lived here'.. I got another one this monring and opened it, as I think that it to see if there was a simple way of getting their system updated. It's from Natwest Bank. They should know better. Their systems should be able to deal with something like this, simply and quickly. My way of delaing with this - simply and quickly - is to post the letter here and leave a poor review. Any more letters get shredded.
Just looking for a lawyer in Watford specialised in banking law, I have been robbed by Natwest for hundred of thousand of pounds. My money disappeared and Natwest doesn’t give explanations about where my funds have gone
AVOID THIS RACIST BANK ASAP IS A BIG DISCRIMINATION AGAINST EUROPEANS This is the worst bank ever have in my life. They close my account without any explanation after been a loyal customer with them for @4 years. They keep my money(saving account) with them for more then 3 weeks, don’t want to give me back my money. I don’t believe is that legal. They close my account without any notice on 23rd of December, a few days before Christmas, I was unable to access my founds so I couldn’t celebrate Christmas and New Year, how can explain this to my kids ? Basically I was humiliated by this rubbish bank and the most frustrating is no one from they’re staff wants to talk to you, nobody can give any explanation, they give me a phone number from account closing team, when calling every time I was waiting at least 40 min for someone to answer and they are very rude and unprofessional, I was ask them way close my account and they hung up and this happen twice, they treating you like you was a criminal and like a piece of sh!t, they are unusefull, I received at home a letter on 31st of December state that may account has been closed after carefully review and consideration but not even one reason, ok so I call them to recuperate my saving account and they state that I need to wait for a review 2 weeks, I said WHAT? so you state that you close my account after carefully review so way do you need another review to give my personal money back ? I had overdraft and they take money from my saving account to cover the overdraft, again I don’t believe is that legal. So after review I was able to recuperate my money from the branch in Bexleyheath, some staff for this branch they are rude, they acting like they don’t know nothing and can’t help me with this issue and they advice me to call again that number(the account closing team) and to deal with them, but I was so angry and I shout and finally they understand and they give my money back. I will advice everybody to avoid this rubbish bank soon they may close down is look like they want to go on bankrupt because they keep closing branches and bank accounts people every day, so take care with this and don’t trust them. I am thinking to go with my case to the news and I want everybody know about my experience with this sneaky bank, for new customers to avoid this unprofessional bank, I believe this is a big discrimination and is against humans rights.
Liars. Thief’s. Incompetent. For a start. Moronic staff. They don’t understand computers or economics. Working with fiction. Money. Make too many mistakes and their app doesn’t work properly. Rude staff. Account closed. Cash only island
I've banked with natwest for 16 years but am looking at moving banks now. Last year Natwest have closed alot of stores but the biggest problem is their lack of customer service. The last straw is Natwest refusing to send out my new card to my address and insisting it goes to the bank. 8 working days later 11 days altogether and I'm having to drop in every day to be told its not here. No access to my own account or money for 11 days is unacceptable. Cards should be printed and sent out next day if needed as people desperately need them.
Tried to open a simple current account with no overdraft facility. Was asked for all kinds of totally unrelated personnel data. After an hour the process was still not completed, so I decided not to continue.
I have been victim of fraud by Natwest Bank PLC and misappropriation of funds. They hide themselves behind their terms and conditions but in no one point of it there is that they can retain my savings and my pension without any reason, this is theft. Stay away from Natwest bank, Lot of cases of financial abuses and misappropriation of funds have been declared against this bank.
Horrendous, i cant even tell you how incompetant and useless and rude they are. Was getting the greenlight for a mortgage, had it in principle, all was well with the lovely staff member i was dealing with, was put through to another girl on the phone who discovered my female partner was infact my other half and not my daughter and all went down hill from there, suddenly i didnt meet criteria, nor did she, and later was advised to go to another bank. Not only that last year it took me 5 MONTHS to open an acct with them because they kept losing all my information. Avoid at all cost. 17 years loyal customer..this is the thanks i get.
Absolutely bureaucratic and an pleasant bank to deal with.
I spent some time in Northern Ireland and came away with two hundred NI pounds. Google claimed I could exchange them for BofE pounds at any bank. Stopped at a Lloyd’s Bank where I was told that without an account, they wouldn’t do the exchange and that probably no other bank would either. A few minutes later, on a whim, I stepped into a Natwest branch. “If there’s enough money in the top of the till, we’ll do it for you.” There was and they did. I was just a tourist off the street, and they were very kind. If I need a UK account in future, that’s where I’ll go.
Very poor service, enough staff on but will only open one till......wait so far is in excess of 15 mins
This Bank is the worst Bank i have ever dealt with. They recently wanted to do a Business profile review and they sent three letters to the wrong address, they then froze our account and caused chaos! They contine to this day 8 weeks on harrass and intimidated us on almost a daily basis. You send them the info they need and they just come back asking more and more questions. It has got to the stage where the harrassment is affecting my health. I have filed a complaint with the bank and with the financial onbudsmen and am awaiting a reply. If anyone reading this is thinking of opening a Business Account with Nat West then please DON'T there are the absolute parasites and pondlife of the banking world!
Natwest is rated 1.68 based on 229 reviews