Natwest Reviews

17% of reviewers recommend Natwest

Tell us how Natwest made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
"Went to the branch today. Asked to wait just to transfer money to other account. Waited for 30 mins so I approached a staff for an update, asked me to open my app while standing in the corridor and so I asked if we can sit down to one side rather than standing in the middle of the corridor but at the end she can’t help me and asked to wait for my turn to be called. So I have to continue waiting"
Are you Natwest? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Worst in branch customer service I have had. Lack of care, interest, kindness. It takes nothing to be a little kind and caring. Nat West is not an online bank and has many branches but I never want to go to a Nat West brand again."
"Worst high street bank. Avoid. Long queues, really unhelpful attitude. Change banks is my strong advice."
"The worst high street bank there is, long queues, unhelpful and rude."
"No local branch phone number, they do not take appointments. Online Nat West bereavement phone service will cause more deaths due to fatigue waiting for a Moron to answer who does not know anything and can do nothing. The 1 star rating is way to high. Below Zero confidence in Nat West now and will be closing down accounts."
"When I phone 5 times and the idiots still cannot get it right"
"I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service. We have recorded your complaint and our investigations are on going. We may need to contact you to make sure we have a thorough understanding of what has happened (this may be from a withheld number). We will be in touch with you within the next four weeks to update you on the progress we have made if we have not been able to resolve your complaint. So that you know how we handle complaints, we have attached a link to the explanatory leaflet. Within this leaflet you will see that if we are unable to reach agreement with you within eight weeks, you will have the right to approach the Financial Ombudsman Service. We hope to have provided you with a full response before then and if this isn't possible for any reason, we will write to you to explain why. If you have anything further you would like to add to your complaint, please email us at customer.relations@natwest.com Alternatively you can call me or a member of my team on 0800 056 3574. We're here from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Calls may be recorded. Yours sincerely Customer Service Team"
"Tried online but found the website absolute rubbish gave up after an hour and half will go to branch"
"Ever since NatWest decided to change the payment methods (weekend payments and bank holiday payments) I get paid every Friday by bacs my employer also banks with NatWest I have to wait until the Tuesday after the easter bank holiday to receive my wages I think that is absolutely ridiculous"
"THE MOST STUPIDEST BANK AND EVIL BANK IN THE WORLD.AVOID AT ALL COST..BOYCOT NATWEST AND RBS ..PEOPLE ARE UNFRIENDLY AND EVIL..ITS A CORUPT BANK AND I WILL TAKE MY MONEY ELSE WHERE..VERY EVIL BANK STAY AWAYY"
"RUBBISH BANK AVOID"
"Long queue and only 1 teller. Had to wait ages to be served. Will be considering changing banks soon as it appears that things are not going to change."
"After a human error at a local branch I called the business banking telephone number to try to correct the issue, I was told that the branch would call within 30 mins and 3 hours, in the end I went to the branch a 25 mile round trip. Okay so the branch made an error but the point is that the staff somewhere in Merseyside i believe, were so rude, obstructive and all I could hear was "huffing" on the line. When this was commented on the obnoxious woman said I'm ending this conversation and "click!". A great way to treat a customer of over 30 years!"
"Holloway branch my local for all my life. Thanks to Zak and Francis for doing everything and spending thier time for resolving my financial issues which were causing stress. Love Natwest. Best bank in UK IF not entire world. Wouldn't change it even if I was offered money. JJ"
"Lee TREAGUS at the Hereford branch is the biggest bullshitter of all time. The LIES to get me to open an account. 1. WE Will help you transfer your account , money and direct debits to us LIES LIES LIES !!! 2. WE Will close your account for you with your old bank. You need not do anything and it will cost nothing. >>> More LIES LIES LIES ! 3. WE will reward you with £150 for opening with us. >>> EVEN MORE LIES LIES LIES. The guy must be an ex politician. DO NOT BE TAKEN IN BY THIS IDIOTS FAKE SALES PATTER. ONCE he has you sign an Account he will tell you to peace off and SORRY I CANNOT HELP YOU WITH SOD ALL. HE has had his new customer CPMMISSIONand noe does not five a sod about customers. His title is SPELT WRONG. It say Senior Personal Banker but there is a letter wrong in the word Banker. This sums him up to a T. STAY CLEAR OF NAT WEST . OPEN AN ACCPUNT WITH AN HONEST HELPFUL BANK."
"I've banked with Natwest for over 20 years and had no problems with them. I've had hassle trying to set up a new payee on my account as this must be done using a key card, all of which have never worked, meaning this must be done over the phone or in branch. Other than this they've treated me pretty well. I've also banked with Barclays who regularly tried to defraud my account! Thankfully have now cut all ties to Barclays and will stay with Natwest."
"They are helpul"
"Cambridge store staff are extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. Awful customer service"
"NatWest is awful! It is seriously the worst bank I’ve come across to date. I only switched to them in January due to their £150 monetary offer. So far as I’ve spoken to telephone banking I’ve been in tears twice due to not being able to pay a bill due to their stupid £500 daily limit. I have asked for them to remove the restrictions as I am the customer and it is my money. They told me to go to the bank as I didn’t have 3rd tier security on my account which you get when you log on with a card reader ! So why didn’t you send me a card reader when I opened the account. I got no answer and now wait for it same problem ! It’s 3 weeks on and it’s still not arrived! Customer service is so poor it’s shocking. You end up in a passive aggressive conversation within a telephone handler saying she will hang up the phone on you. Seriously NatWest need to insure they train people more effectively because I don’t think they know what they are doing. In my 2 separate conversations with NatWest I’ll only say I spoke to one manager who I’ve been happy with as he empathised with my issue instead of the typical your fault sort it. Also do not switch! It turns out they only pay the incentive in April and my assumption is that this is to ensure their figures are through to show their customer count. I applaud them for the rouse as I can’t remeber if that was in the terms I read. I will be leaving NatWest for another bank this time I’ll ensure I read reviews and I think NatWest should ask other banks how they can improve as this will not keep customers"
"Bad service. lost files. Rudeness. Unhelpful. And downright aggressiveness.. I was treated badly by a gareth in complaints its no use complaining about the bad service they just fob you off and refuse to help.. they took all my sisters benefit money in bank charges.. she has mental health issues.."
Natwest is rated 1.83 based on 155 reviews