MotoNovo Finance Reviews

of reviewers recommend MotoNovo Finance
Read MotoNovo Finance Reviews

Tell us how MotoNovo Finance made you happy
BEWARE! I purchased a vehicle on MotoNovo H.P. on 27/06/2020. The car had 3 months warranty until 27/09/2020. On 14/10/2020 the engine management warning light came on and a local garage informed me that my car needed a new engine costing £10,000.
I have had an inspection by an independent engineer which reports that the fault was present at the time of purchase and is a result of poor servicing during the life of the vehicle.
MotoNovo commissioned a separate report which says that the fault is down to me.
The car was under dealers warranty until 27/09/2020 and the fault became apparent 18 days later on 14/10/2020. The bottom crankshaft has extensive wear the bearings and turbo have failed and there is metal pieces from extensive metal fatigue throughout the engine. How can all this damage have occurred in 18 days doing less than 15 miles each day. I am a disabled person and have no access to any other vehicle. This company will do anything to make a profit at the expense of the customer.
Independent garages mechanics and legal experts are flabbergasted by the brass neck of MotoNovo to renague on there responsibility. I have now to resort to the Insurance Ombudsman. I WOULD NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY AGAIN.
If your payment day is on a Saturday Sunday or bank holiday Monday they will register a missed payment against your credit file even if the account is paid on the following working day
This is to cost you more in getting credit which they will offer when other lenders refuse because motonovo have doctored you’re file
Now I see why you are still advertising you are looking for people, the staff you have specially this so called John is incompetent and arrogant, interests are a day light robbery, I learn the hard way. This is bullshit.
Absolute shocking behavior from this company. Don't go near them and my advice for people is to wait, save up and buy your car directly with your own saving. I will never in my life near them again, it's just a shame I didn't research them prior. I wish I can give them zero star

Please avoid them at all costs very simple. In addition, the FCA needs to look into their interest charging practice.
Shocking, STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST! BIGGEST REGRET IN MY LIFE; not interested once car sold, nice as pie when selling and then turn nasty when after support
Absolutely disgusted, I’m off work self employed on zero income again due to the covid pandemic and I asked for help for a payment break explaining my business has been forced to shut again I live alone can’t pay my bills yet I was told today they cannot offer me any further help and I have to surrender my car back to them! How is this legal and fair?! No empathy, cold hearted disgusting company!
Try to get finance for car we want but I wanted to but it fir my husband for early anniversary gift but I dont gave full licence but my husband does but they don’t allow to do that so I’m trying to get money to get that car any suggestions
They incorrectly sold the wrong car finance deal to me - instead of correcting the issue it has been dragged through the Financial Ombudsman Service for over a year now - The FO have now unheld my complaint and agree that MotoNovo were unfair in their handling of the complaint and how they completed their finance deal
It is mafia. They will take your car, sell it on auction for 20% value and request outstanding payments plus. No will to help. Avoid.
I’ve personally had no issues with MotoNovo finance. I have just paid off my finance early. I borrowed around £9k and only paid just under £2k in interest over 5 years. They are always helpful on the phone. And am currently setting up another finance with them for new vehicle. My only issue is that there’s not much they do over the phone and tell you to go online or the app to make changes or payments. Also when I took out my first policy I did it over the phone and now they only let you apply online or through dealership which is annoying as sometimes you just want to speak to a person.
Like most people on here, STAY AWAY from this company. Horrible customer service.

I bought a car on HPI, including PPI. I paid the PPI and my payments for nearly three years and was up-to-date with payments. I was signed off sick in September and notified them, including proof of medical certificate. However, they wasn't interested because it take TIME to set up the PPI claim to for them to make payments on my behalf. I missed one payment (awaiting payment from PPI company) and I received texts after texts hounding me. Today I received a letter saying I was in default and they would look to repossess the car if I didn't bring it up-to-date. Ive now had to put the payments on a credit card to prevent the repossession.

I contacted them to say I will be going elsewhere in future, not that they care.

BAD company, BAD customer service. I will never be dealing with these people again.
Avoid this company! It took me nearly 1 month and 4 calls involving over 14 members of motonovo finance staff to cancel an agreement following the unexpected death of my father who had a policy with them. Eventually sold the car back to the dealer and got some
Money back but this was after motonovofinamce suggested I would owe them money! Staff are inexperienced and incompetent - avoid!
Do not use this company! They have had my sisters car since august. She paid for an independent report at their request (£600) which showed there was a fault with the car that she didn’t cause (issue with the oil). Basically the fault was there at the time of purchase. They are refusing to fix. It will cost her £9,000 to fix now, plus £1000 cost for stripping the engine which was required when they did they report. she’s still been paying for a car finance, insurance and an alternative car for 5 months, costing thousands. She has lupus and this is making her extremely ill. She has her second baby next month and might not even have a car to get home from the hospital. Absolutely disgrace of a company. Should be ashamed.
I am a key worker who needs a vehicle for my job. In current COVID-19 pandemic I need to work more than ever. I accept COVID-19 has changed how everything works but after a 500mile road test I have now been told there is no timescale my complaints handler can give me as to when this whole fiasco will be resolved, despite the mechanic (who was unable to give the report outcome, knew I was a key worker and shared I should start to look for a new vehicle as my current vehicle is not fit for purpose!)
I have found a new car, put a holding deposit down and could collect at the weekend, allowing me to finally own a reliable vehicle after being messed about with Evans Hallshaw Nottingham since January, and now motonovo since 17th March 2020! This is now all at risk as motonovo are taking so long to 'quality assure' a report from 2 managers. This wait is rediculous... I have now been offered a hire car, but the excesses are insane (upto £1000) and I cannot afford to risk that.
All I want is a car which is fit for purpose...
Motonovo surely you can read a report quicker than 5 working days given the circumstances?!!!
Avoid at all costs. Motonovo amend contracts and claim you signed electronically to rip you off and then ignore complaints!
MOTO-NOGO have no heart. Van broken down over 6 months now - told not to hire another vehicle to get to work yet still expect monthly payment.
They expect payment when the vehicle is not fit for purpose - I hope you sleep at night.

Customer care - non-existent. Negotiation skills - Not applicable - just pay up and shut up.
Truth about this company - they couldn't care less.
Finance in my name car ownership was in my husband name and what a joke never again
my friend took a car on finance,he did set the direct debit from his account so he never miss a payment.but we just find out now that the money haven't been taken for the last four months!!!we didn't cancel the direct debit so something went wrong but it wasn't our fault.they came in and took our car!!!they were not even willing to help us out even when there was no fault of us!!!they asked him to pay the cost of finance left in total if he wants to keep the car! even when he told them that he didint cancelled any direct debit so something went wrong with them system and the money didint reached them,he told them that he can pay the outstanding amount for the months they didint get a payment,they were not even listing!!!they left us with no car which makes him even more down!!!I'm so angry with this company!!!they suppose to find the way out of this situation as it's written in the contract but instead they put him in this situation!!!
he have no power to fight with any one anymore as he is going through very heardbraking moment of his life as he just lost his child!and they made him even more down!!! be careful with this company they dont take the payment for some reason and then dont even trying to help you out they not willing to talk and find a solution all they are doing putting you in a financial crisis and leave you with all this stress.
AVOID THIS COMPANY at all cost. Our car broke after a very short amount of time and 4 months down the line we are still no closer to getting the car on the road. They don’t answer the phone or e mails. You can’t get hold of a manager. As for their INDEPENDANT engineers who come out to look at the car well, after getting their report wrong and putting the wrong mileage all over it, we suffer! Still paying the monthly finance and no car to drive. Wish we never got involved MotoNovo.
A terrible company. I had finance on a £7,500 motorcycle. I had paid off all but around £800, even paying them over £3,000 one month. When I became ill. After a breakdown and the loss of employment I missed a few payments. As soon as I was well enough and finally had benefiting sorted I wrote to their customer services department including a letter from my GP. I offered them a full explanation together with the medical evidence. I even asked if I could resume my payments. No response for over a month. Having asked them to escalate my case I finally got a response saying they had sold the debt to a debt recovery firm. They wouldn't tell me who but just said I will hear from them.
Discussion behavior. This is how they treat people with mental health problems. They should be ashamed of themselves.
MotoNovo Finance is rated 1.45 based on 71 reviews