Millets Reviews

Millets have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

46% of reviewers recommend Millets
6PM
6PM

customerservice@millets.co.uk.

Category:
Business & Office

Email, Live Chat

How would you rate Millets ?

"I have always found the Colchester staff friendly and helpful. In July I bought a pair of Merrells walking boots. My first serious walk was last week when I got a split on my sole. I returned to the shop and they exchanged them with no problems and apologised. Their discount codes they email me were annoying at first but I have saved lots of money with them!"
"I had an issue with billing, and emailed customer care immediately, after a week with no reply, I resent my email, a week further on, I phoned, spent 30 minutes on the phone being told incorrect advice, and that the manager would ring when he started his shift - he didn’t and he sent me a factually incorrect email - to which - guess what..... no response to my reply. Can not complain about the gear, but the customer service is some of the worst I have come across. Deeply disappointed and pretty irate as m6 problem is still not resolved!"
"Shocking service. I ordered a tent and some other camping gear 8 days ago, their website states delivery within 5 days. I’ve had no updates on the status of my order, when you try and contact anyone you can’t. Call customer service and you get told by automated service that they are currently busy and hangs up. Email and all you get is an automated email reply. Doesn’t look like I’ll be going camping this week after all. Should have gone elsewhere. AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"Item ordered online and not arrived. Customer service don't respond. Local store unable to help."
"I have ordered a North Face backpack but it has never arrived to the store where I could collect. No response from their customer service team. I have paid for something what I never received."
"I had a horrible experience with Millets. I purchased a pair of Brasher hiking boots at Millets in Peterborough last Summer. I bought them expecting they will serve me for a long time as they were supposed to be designed for the rough conditions of the mountain trails. I was so wrong. Unfortunately a number of shoelace holders popped out in one of the shoes reducing the leg support and making the pair unfit for its purpose. Not to mention currently shoes are visually unpleasant because of it. I was very disappointed with the response I have received from Millets customer care as they claim they have to examine the shoe in person and neither video nor pictures is enough to see that a shoe is almost without sholace holders - everytime I go out one of the remaining sholace holders just fails. I have never had such an issue with shoes before! I am unable to deliver my faulty shoes to the store, because I am outside of the UK. Another suggested option is so unconvenient and uneseccary, which is to send my shoes to Millets via post and pay the cost initially myself (1) one can examine the shoe from good quality pictures and video (2) Millets did not ensure they sell quality shoes in the first place and now I have to spend my time to fix their error."
"I bought the following on Amazon from Millets Sport ...... Womens Sorel Joan Of Arctic Winter Rain Snow Waterproof Fur Mid Calf Boot .... Well I am IN LOVE with these boots and would have paid twice that much because they are the cutest and sexiest snowboots I have ever seen. And Millets Sport themselves bent over backwards trying to help me. I LOVE it when companies are kind, honest and helpful like this."
"Very efficient service"
"Bought a eurohike tent from this store a guy called Lee who I think was a supervisor delt with the sale excellent service and dedicated customer services will buy again from this shop"
"Very quick efficient service and great price for by sealskinz gloves. And they don’t plague you with emails"
"Poorly organised shop and badly laid out. Just thrown in and help yourself."
"Excellent Customer service from my local Millets at Trentham. Now stocking a much wider range of goods with excellent products from Berghaus and Terra Nova."
"I ordered a warm coat in the end of season sale and got an excellent product at a fantastic price. My coat was delivered quickly so I am able to get the benefit of it as this winter gradually draws to a close."
"This company doesn't even deserve 1 star!! I bought a £60 tent that was claimed to be delivered and never was!!! After contacting customer service i get told my claim is unsuccessful? Wtaf! Will be taking this further and contacting my bank and consider court action! Worst company ever!"
"Horrendous customer service - Yesterday I went to the Millets in York’s city centre regarding a pair of damaged Peter Storm waterproof leather hiking boots I purchased six months ago (still under warranty). I was treated with horrible customer service from Laura, the clerk behind the counter. Two months after purchase the shoes were letting in a bit of water and I had to replace the shoelaces. I dealt with these issues until last week a three-inch section of the shoe separated from the sole around the toe. I brought the shoes in and, without considering the possibility of a faulty product, Laura deemed the damaged a result of my negligence. She said it was “common sense” to clean your boots after each use, which, according to her, entails rinsing off mud, scrubbing the boots (and SOLES) with a TOOTHBRUSH, drying them, then stuffing with newspaper until needed again. I was not informed the boots required such extensive care, and if I were, I would not have purchased them. I might add that I am an avid active hiker, despite my “neglect” other boots have long out lived this pair. Despite the manager being brought in to the conversation, they refused to offer any consolation for the poor quality goods sold in their store. Calling into question my "common sense" is unprofessional, insulting, and offensive. Selling products that require such care also require a disclaimer before purchase (not just promoting their warranty. Despite shopping at Millets often, I will be taking my business elsewhere on account of this terrible service."
"garbage. absolutely worst online shopping experience i have had in 20 years of online shopping. and pretty close to worst customer "service". shipped wrong item - barely close to what i ordered. and i am left to go to cost and expense of sending back and then to hope and pray they still have correct item in stock. bought replacement for near twice the price to get away from these people if you value your time and money, shop somewhere else. you won't be satisfied."
"Simply the worst experience. Bought 2 fleeces online - one had a fair sized hole where the fabric looked simply vaporised away - damaged right out of the package. provided photo proof, and am now expected to schlep to a store (unsurprisingly there are only a handful across the country) to see an "expert" who will judge if the hole was there when shipped (how??). If I don't fancy a day out travelling to Millets, then I pay tracked postage so it can be shipped to a Millets "expert" to perhaps refund me. The worst customer service for many years. Folks - don't shop here!"
"Bought a jacket, perfect fit and they honored the 10% price beat guarantee :)"
"Order number 53964473 Appalling service and follow up. Product not delivered. A watch at £275. Numerous emails asking for clarification but each time the response is to ‘be patient’. This should have been delivered on Dec31st- it is now Feb 5th, I just want a replacement or a refund."
"Items arrived next day delivery as described just in time for my holiday. Items were a great fit and value and were excellent on my trip."
Millets is rated 2.88 based on 68 reviews