Matalan Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Matalan
02AM
2AM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Over a week
JoThomson68
"I bought an item on line, when it arrived it had a security tag on it!! customer service advised i should go to the store to have it removed!!!! #30mileroundtrip #inconvenient #bonkers #notasolution !! #headagainstabrickwall https://t.co/Jw1K4be64m"
Louise Dart
"Very happy with the curtains I brought. Nice quality for a good price."
Rachael Beech
"Lovely chairs, great prices and fantastic customer service!"
"Hi I placed an online order on the 24th of November I contacted matalan to receive an automated response stating the deliverys are very busy and that my delivery would be getting to me, I waited 6 days for my items which finally arrived on the 30th November, I think it's disgusting that 1 I never received an confirmation e-mail after placing my order through matalan and 2 I have yet to receive an e-mail confirming everything. The things I ordered are great I haven't got an problem with them but the customer service is appalling."
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Just shopped at matalan mount pleasent hull I was waiting in the queue for 30min 3 customers left the queue so you lost a lot of custom they had a lot of items. There were 3 on the till it is a bust time now I was very disappointed I have never had to wait that long before and I shop a lot at matalan very disappointed customer"
A
"On a Sunday afternoon the Stockport store was terribly understaffed. I needed school shoes for my little one and there were no assistants to help. On top of this the queue was unbearably long. 3 cashiers with atleast 25 people queuing. I decided not to purchase from there and left the shop."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Ordered click n collect online and expected it within 5 working days as promised (even tho there is a great big notice instore saying it only takes 3) as my item arrived to late I went into my nearest store to get my money refunded only to be told that my item had been sent to another store which was 2 buses away and I would have to go there to get my refund,after speaking to the man in charge who told me his manager was not in that day and he explained again that NO refund would be given unless I went to this other branch he eventually gave me a number to ring whereupon if contacted would give the said refund,it would have been helpul if he had told me this the first time I spoke to him instead I waisted a total of 40 mins in this store for nothing,my complaint is 1. The way it was handled 2.my wasted journey 3.the item not arriving in time n 4. The way the young assistant standing behind the senior one seemed to think it very funny n was smirking all the time. I frequently use Matalan and I expected better."
"my problem is with click and collect,i ordered two shirts and a top in the sale last week, had text on Tuesday to say my items were ready for collection, went up to Merthyr store but my parcel/ order number was not the items I ordered. after 20 mins at customer service, a lady got me one shirt, had to have an alternative shirt, my top was out of stock, I was disgusted as click and collect supposed to be quicker, did email cs but haven't had a reply, the lady that tried to sort it for me said this has never happened before but reading these reviews it obviously has. I for one wont be shopping online at Matalan again."
"On the 17/06/18 at 10.43 am I ordered 2 tops on click and collect next day delivery.payed 1.99 .so ordered before 4 pm cut off .i assumed they would arrive in store today 18/06/18 they didn’t"
"I ordered sandals online, they delivered wrong item. Instead of sandals I got flip flops and on a complaint was told that they cannot do anything about it and they are not there to collect it and replace it. When it was their mistake!"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"The suitcases are as described - lightweight and robust, but the service received when collecting was horrendous, I queued for ages waiting to be served, finally getting served only to be told that my goods weren't there even though I'd handed them my email to say my order was available for collection. I was told they had no order in stock under the name of Watts - and could I have ordered in another name, would I like to go off for another 15 minutes while they had another look? However after waiting approximately 45 minutes (and missing a dentist appointment), my order was found - under the name of Watts. Just relieved I'd ordered in plenty of time before my holiday, and will take this experience on board for any future orders I might have."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"I ordered 2 bedside tables which were much darker in colour then they appeared on the website. To return them cost £20!"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"The item you described on online was not the same as the item that was delivered to us. We called your call centre and was told that it was a replacement and was exactly the same. It was not the same as there was no aluminium content in the chairs that you delivered. We chose chairs with metal as all the others we had viewed in local storeswere just plastic and we wanted something stronger. We were given the option of returning free of charge but we needed immediate use of the chairs and we didn't want the bother of choosing further products from a nother source? We were then offered a small discount which we accepted. We did not notice until after that there was slight damage to one of the chairs!! Not a good experience but we settled for second best through exasperation. This was a long while ago so why have you waited so long to ask for our review?"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"The rug was nice but the delivery time was too lengthy as I wanted to give it to someone as a gift. I do feel item of this size could easily be available on click and collect taking a maximum of 2/3 days. Even when I called up they were unable to give me a date had to wait for the email."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"From order to delivery, a week and half"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"I was informed that I would receive a message on the day of delivery but this never happened, I was carded 2 day in a row and then had to pick the parcel up from my local depot which isn't close to where i live, the item was a love seat and I have a 3 door car which wasn't an easy task and I struggled getting this item in my car and had to remove all packaging to get this in, luckily the team at the depot helped me initially but this didn't help when I got the chair home and I had to get the item out of the car into my property. had I known I wouldn't receive any confirmation of when this would be delivered I wouldn't have bothered with the order."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"The curtains I ordered looked absolutely nothing like they did on the picture online and the picture that's on the front of the pack. Colours were different too and the curtains felt cheap. Also I was not impressed with your refund system. Unable to send back myself or take into store. I had to pay £9 for someone to come and collect it from my house between 9-5 which is when the majority of people work! Ridiculous system and I will not be ordering from matalan direct again."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Item delivery was not emailed or texted and left at neighbors who took ages to hand over goods"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"This rather negative review is due to the difficulty of returning this product to Matalan Direct. I felt there was a lack of clarity in the procedure and poor communication with me e.g initially no e mails etc and it took 4 phone calls and a weeks delay before the product was eventually picked up."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"It was a shambles from start to end and I have been completely messed around. Firstly you wanted to charge me a ridiculous amount for delivery and then you couldn't get that right. I opted for delivery on Monday 5 March. You then said on 15 February that it would be delivered the following day. I made arrangements for my Mum to go to my house but you cancelled in the morning. I then didn't hear anything so I called you last Friday and was assured by Isaac that it would be delivered on Monday. He was also going to speak to the warehouse and call me back if there was a problem. Again I didnt hear anything until an email at 3am on Monday morning saying it would be delivered on Tuesday. My boyfriend had arranged to stay at home on the Monday by that point. I then glad to arrange for someone else to accept delivery on Tuesday."
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Not happy with the quality of the products at al. Description said it is solid wood. Not at all.its made of ply wood every single leg came with a white sticker on it which would NOT come off without leaving mark. I paid good quality furniture price and got ikea quality. Only reason I didnt send it all back was to keep the wife happy. Not a happy customer at all"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Unfortunately i ordered samples for venetian blinds and now i cannot get hold of a new blind"
How would you rate the quality of our products
"Ordered from Matalan direct, parcel arrived, no invoice or delivery note, so no way of knowing how to return!!! Product poorly made and unusable due to that"
Matalan is rated 4.17 based on 1,453 reviews