Matalan Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Matalan
01AM
1AM

Tell us how Matalan made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Over a week
JoThomson68
"I bought an item on line, when it arrived it had a security tag on it!! customer service advised i should go to the store to have it removed!!!! #30mileroundtrip #inconvenient #bonkers #notasolution !! #headagainstabrickwall https://t.co/Jw1K4be64m"
Louise Dart
"Very happy with the curtains I brought. Nice quality for a good price."
Rachael Beech
"Lovely chairs, great prices and fantastic customer service!"
"Super duper shitttt service manager the fatty stupid lady is so so rude and on the top staff is so rude"
Are you Matalan? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I made a complaint about falsely being accused by your store manager. I had paid for goods he failed to see this. It was all confirmed he was wrong. I made a complaint by email they offer £10 compensation. Complete joke of a customer service department. I’ve now sent 5 emails and made 3 calls to speak with a senior manager. Absolutely no reply and customer services claim they can’t put you to a senior manager. They simply ignore you when you make a complaint I’ve only scored one because it won’t let me score less. Never had such a bad experience and the fact they ignore me is dreadful. I’m left with one cause of action to take legal action against them. I told them this and they still don’t make any effort to contact me. Total and utter disgrace. I for one won’t be buying from them again"
"Unable to use a refund voucher, staff are very unhelpful. Will never shop here again, friends and family also. Disgusting company."
"I am absolutely disgusted with the way Matalan have treated me. An unauthorised purchase was made to Matalan through my account, I informed them as soon as I realised (the order hadn’t got to the store yet) they said they would cancel the order an issue me with a refund. I didn’t get a refund so phoned back about a week later. They not only didn’t refund me they let the person collect the goods from the store and now after speaking to them many times are not taking any responsibility. I have been made to feel that I am responsible (their exact words were “it’s not Matalan company that are responsible for this fraudulent transaction” yes I know that but you let a criminal walk away with your goods after being informed of the situation. I have spent 3-4 hours over the last 2 weeks trying to resolve this with no answers. I am absolutely disgusted with the behaviour of such a big company, surely they should have something in place so this can’t happen, but every time I try and ask how this happened I get fobbed off. Can’t stress enough how rude and ignorant the customer service team were to me and how frustrating it was trying to explain the situation numerous times."
"The service when picking up my order from the Leicester today was very poor. The customer service assistant had no customers skills whatsoever. She made no eye contact, snapped at me when she spoke and seemed totally disinterested in what she was doing. It seems such a shame as some of your products are very good but this is not the first time I have encountered this abrupt attitude when collecting an order from this store. So please can we have some eye contact, a smile and a genuine want to please instead of the fed up look and the general impression that most of them would sooner be somewhere else."
"Rude staff forgot my card,pushing me to get app on phone.said she didn't have me on computer she basically couldn't understand me because she was foreign been shopping in matalan a longitme I had to ask how much it was!rude"
"Changing rooms closed,, can't return items, can only exchange,, seemed to be plenty of staff around to supervise the changing room,, but they solely there to tell you not to use the changing rooms,, then a que to the disabled loo,,,, why,,, because everyone with any sense is using that to try the items on before buying,,, short sighted policy"
"Customer service needs to be reviewed. I had placed an order and only received one part of it. I chased this up only to be informed that the second part of it had been cancelled due to low stock. I appreciate that this sort of thing happens, however most companies would state on the order that its low stock and then at least email you to inform you. I had not had any correspondence from them and this was a gift. I wrote them an email complaining and they just ignored my complaint and reminded me in a very condescending way that the charge is pending until they dispatch the item. That is irrelevant I wanted an apology for the fact no one had contacted me. This is bad practice and I wont bother using this company again"
"Don't deserve one star. Poor customer service. Ordered goods on 1st November. Still waiting for a refund which has been promised many times and still not arrived. Don't waste your time."
"Horrible service rasict as my mother could not speck the staff laughed at her waited for store managers they were outside having a fag the items what we retured were put back on the rail an on the shop floor as the coat was bit off with rat or mince bites"
"Appalling service and don't waste your time trying to contact customer services. Ordered two items on the 1st November and paid for next day delivery. On the day I was supposed to collect I got an email to say one of the items was out of stock. At 5.30pm I received notification that the one item was in store but was too late in the day and got a similar item elsewhere. Since then I have been waiting for a refund, despite emailing a number of times. Frustrating. Poor customer service. Not worth the hassle."
"Click and collect never again ! Ordered 2 separate orders second one delivered to store fine first one after no communication I rang customer service to be told it was delivered to wrong store now I have to wait for them to contact store to send items back to process a refund ? They would not tell me the storeas I offered to travel if need be to collect my items to be told I can’t , absolutely fuming I’ve lost out on xmas gifts and I have to wait x amount of time for a refund never use again"
"Went to pick up item at Chester shop Walked up to till male walked away went to next till young girl stood and just looked at me I had to do all the talking she acted like she was doing me a flavour then I was stopped by the male who walked a way putting cash in till it was the manger worst shop I've been in a long time"
"I ordered some childrens boots to be delivered to store. They were the wrong ones, meant to be tan in colour but were blue and sparkly. The label even said 'tan' so at a guess there's an incompetent labeller in the warrhouse who has no doubt labelled many wrong! The cashier then said that this was awful and that the boots are way to expensive any way (rugby branch) hinting i should look around. Although I did think of doing this, I decided no, I wanted an exchange for the correct item. She then said this wasn't possible and they don't order anything in. She could offer me a refund and that's it. Then smirked as I left. Shocking, clearly the interview process is 'any jeremy kyle reject will do'. Management no where to be seen ever or any staff around to help. The rest of your questions are not relevant for a click and collect customer so you may want to re think that too. Disgusting service"
"I bought a blouse, Did not fit took it back the next day with reciept. They would NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. Against consumer rights LAW, I asked for Manager, he was young no manners didnt give a stuff attitude, was told to use my own phone to call head office, where a American accent woman had same attitude, so had to accept voucher for their store where i will not shop now out of principal. Totally discusting"
"Bad customer service and had the phone put down on me and was told 24 hours for a refund and to be told that i would have to wait again"
"Still waiting for a refund on an order I placed 3 months ago. Customer services are literally ignoring me and the brand director has been "out of office" for the last 2 days. Just been reading through some other reviews on here and I'm pretty disgusted at how many other customers are having similar issues with orders not turning up, being refused refunds and being ignored by customer services."
"Ordered and paid online but when I went to collect my order I was told to stand in the long queues waiting to pay as there’s no dedicated click and collect staff! This was by the store manager!! Who by the way was folding jumpers! I queued for 15 minutes! I thought to whole point of click and collect was so stores could avoid these long queues! Very dissatisfied."
"I placed an order on 29th October for next day delivery and I still haven’t received it, I haven’t even had a dispatch email. I have emailed and phoned several times about this and have been told that nothing can be done with my order as it has been escalated for investigation, this escalation happened over a week ago and I have still had no response, when I phoned to query why I couldn’t have my order sent out while they were investigation the problem the advisor told me he couldn’t give me that information. The customer service from most of the staff has been non existent."
"I ordered some items from Matalan on the 1/11/18, it said that it would take 3-5 days to receive the items. When I hadn't received them I emailed to receive an automated response back, so I waited and then emailed again. When I still hadn't received the parcel I called Customer service, to be told that my parcel had been damaged in transit and that they had taken it back. This was two weeks after I ordered and no refund had been processed. I asked why I hadn't been contacted or refunded and they had no answer for this. I then asked them to resend me out the order and they said they were unable to do this but that they would now process the refund. I have never had such bad customer service. What is the point of a customer service team if they cant actually process anything. I then said that if I had to reorder these items then I should be given the delivery charge back as a gesture of goodwill. They said that they would give me a online voucher, which obviously guarantees that I shop with them again! I wouldn't shop with them again if they paid me, as this is not the first time I have had this experience with Matalan. This happened to me last year too. I should have learnt my lesson."
Matalan is rated 4.17 based on 1,453 reviews