Maplin Reviews

info@maplin.co.uk

9 Temple Street

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Maplin made you happy

"Excellent customer service."
"Everything, glad those guys went into administration, no wonder really. Their after sales is absolutely rubbish, I bought a Yale smart lock that was draining the batteries within 1 week and their manager in Reading claimed it's not faulty and that I need to deal with Yale warranty he was so rude he even said I was telling lies when I said we were locked out twice because of the battery issues."
"I bought several items online with Maplin, however one item was out of stock. Unfortunately, this was the item I needed most and purchased the other items just to get over the £20 mark for FREE delivery. Possibly an email should have been sent stating if I still wished to go ahead with the sale. I understand that Maplins are now closing, and this may have contributed to the lack of communication and after sales care. Nonetheless, I am indeed unhappy not with my purchase, but the fact that such a great store like Maplins are closing."
"I ordered a toy for store collection and it went out of stock. I was informed by Maplin team and they gave me an option of refund (if I want to cancel the order) or free home delivery (if I can retain the order)"
"The staff are always helpful, patient and very very knowledgeable!! They must get very good training!! Also they stock a very wide range of products from speakers to fuses. They certainly know their stuff!! A tag line for them could be 'Professional to the core'. Excellent products, staff and shops!!"
"On my visit to Maplin at Maidstone today (15/03/2018) I was totally disgusted with their member of staff who could not be at all bothered to even listen to me, let alone answer my questions. I was intending buying a WD My Cloud drive plus an SD Card. The assistant just continued ignoring me and walking away from me. Obviously I was in the way so I just left the store. . It's not surprising this business is going down the plug-hole. Shame that no-one takes the business seriously and makes it's branches act responsibly towards it's customers."
"An equipment I bought a couple of months ago stopped working. It wasn't in stock and it will take 8-10 days to arrive at the store. The manager refunded my money straightaway, no fuss at all. Now bought a different one from the same store."
"Excellent support"
"Ok for a quick go too and have a reasonable range and a rather broad selection the prices make it somewhere I only am willing to use if I am in a hurry."
"easy to search and order online at home, then item was waiting instore so no need to spend too long out in the day when collecting. Got a £5 voucher as well so cant be bad"
"Excellent service from Ruslan in Inverness. We are playing vinyl again!"
"Awful customer service. After being burgled went into wolverhampton store. Decided on ring2. Got home realised no chime rang store to be told thats another 39.99.(MARK).Said i wod return to be told repackaging cost! Then told actually cannot return at all! Asked to speak to manager 'mark' said he was nothing you can do! Then spoke to customer service 'denise' who said put everything in email and she would sort chime out as goodwill gesture 20/1/18.i have wmailed twice no reoly 24/01 Rang store to find a 'rob' is actually the manager.explained to him what had happened. His answer....' no comnent' I asked abkut returns policy....'no comment' I asked if this call is recorded as could not beleive what i was hearing...er no! Back the internet for me. I doubt maplins will be around fir much longer! Do you??"
"Good buying experience online. Excellent value product."
"Great customer service Great products Great price"
"I reserved a product online and recieved an email telling me it'll be 30 minutes before I can pick up my product but they reserved it for me in 10 minutes and didn't sell it to someone else (unlike Currys who seem to always sell things I've reserved)"
"Perry Barr store. Member of staff who helped me out was very knowledgable. Sold me exactly what I needed without trying to up sell. Made a techno phobe feel okay about asking what were probably daft questions. Happily phoned round other stores for stock."
"I wish i had looked on this site before wasting my money at Maplin! i went into the store looking for a camera i can connect to the internet so i can check on my dogs when i'm not in the house. I decided to buy the "Ring Stickup Cam" as this was recommended by the member of staff that wouldn't leave me alone to browse and read up on the items in store for myself! i got the camera home and was very happy with how easy it was to set up and the manufactures gives you a free months trial of cloud storage (THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL). So i use the camera for a month and i was slightly disappointed with the item as it was not consistent and many times i was unable to log on and check my dogs! but that's technology for you and i was willing to live with it as i didn't want the hassle of returning the item.......that's until the months trial of the cloud storage was over and i couldn't log onto the camera any more! I tried a few times to reinstall the camera from the start and i couldn't get it working, So i decide to throw in the towel and return to the Maplin store that i purchased from (High Holborn, London). So i approach the counter and explain to the member of staff what the issue was and he replied in telling me these cameras never fail and i must be mistaken! this made me feel very foolish as there were costumers waiting to be served, he then went on to tell me i am NOT entitled to a refund as its company policy and the camera will have to be sent off and looked at by an expert.....call back in two weeks! when i called costumer services i spoke to a very nice lady until she typed in the reference number of the complaint and she then turned into a rude abrupt lady and went on to tell me there is nothing wrong with the camera and it will be returned......funny that! To be honest i was expecting this outcome when i was told about the company policy of no refunds, so the camera will be returned and i will be stuck with a product that may or may not work.....Thanks Maplin for a truly poor experience and service!!!"
"The item I needed was a pacman ghost light, napkin was the easiest and cheapest price and free delivery"
"Disgusting customer service. Purchased a £270 wireless CCTV system from them, tested one of the cameras for 3 days and it was not satisfactory for our needs. Tried to exchange in store and they refused because the box had been opened. Claimed their 30 day satisfaction was only applicable when the box hasn't been opened. Regardless that their product was not satisfactory, how on earth are you supposed to know if a product is satisfactory if you can't open the box to test!! Took this to their Facebook page to escalate further and their response was no better, and finished off with a swift "OK bye" when I told them I would go to trading standards."
"Originally went in for a door bell. But walked out with remote sockets as door bell was out of stock. Great customer"
Maplin is rated 3.63 based on 70 reviews