Machine Mart Reviews

27% of reviewers recommend Machine Mart

Machine Mart Limited211 Lower Parliament Street

Category:
DIY & Tools

How would you rate Machine Mart?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

98 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
martin

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Machine Mart in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"NEVER MIND FREEBIE FRIDAY HOW ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE ? ........ I bought a wetstone grinder in November its had very little light use, it started smoking from the gearbox last night, so I took it back to the local machine mart store, to be told I couldn't exchange it,until it had been investigated by an engineer, when I said I wanted to spend more money with them and by a more expensive model I was told that I couldn't do that either until the fault had been investigated. I explained that I am engraver and cannot work without sharpening my tools, but the sales assistant said he couldn't help other than to sell me another unit which I could have a refund for IF the engineer concludes the fault was was caused by a manufacturing fault. customer service gave me the same answers. I don't know of ANY OTHER RETAILER who will not refund or replace until they have examined the item, pretty sure there is an infringement of consumer rights here which I will be investigating, I now have to tell my customer he won't get his piece for over a month now as I go away at the weekend, which Im sure he will be pleased to hear. ...... well done machine mart you have just lost a long standing customer .... I won't be buying from you again & will make sure I pass on the message to friends and colleagues"
John McGaughey
"As always, fantastic service and helpfulness in carrying purchases out to the car. Cant' fault machine mart. GREAT prices, great quality and friendly staff. 11/10 Machine Mart :)"
Happy Customer.
"Top notch delivery"
"I bought a Clarke inverter generator and theirs was the lowest price I'd seen. I also had the option of picking it up myself from one of their stores, rather than having it delivered."
"Bought an oil filled radiator BR13/250. Did not use for a year, when I did it keeps cutting out at 55 deg, Clarke provided replacement thermostat but no change. Stupidly left it for 13 months after purchase, now Machine Mart and Clarke don't want to know. Do not buy this product if you want to heat a space."
"The order was placed without hassle, and promptly dispatched to the post office of my choice, which is a great option for people who lead busy lives and always out and about. Just a shame that Parcel Force let the side down by delaying the delivery."
Gordon Haigh
"Good quality products for the enthusiast with especially good prices when they have a VAT free event!"
"Every now and then Machine Mart provide a VAT free offer on some of their products.This has enabled me to buy some wood working tools and machinery saving me a number of pounds that just go to the government."
"Bad refund policy..."
Robert Johnson
"good range of products at very good prices"
"To whom it may concern, Don't buy anything from MachineMart and heres why. Ordered product 29/11/17 -- still waiting for missing bolts to put the table together // Dec 20th Ordered this product and to be fair it done come during the delivery specified time but apart from that thats where the the problems began. The box had a 10cm hole on the side which I noticed on delivery. Driver said thats how it was when he collected etc, if the box was badly damaged why collect??. Open the box and its missing the bolt kit to put the table together, surprise surprise. Called MachineMart who were more than happy to help. I was told they would sort the problem immediately and someone would call back, They didn't! I called them back myself a few days later and was told bolt kit would be sent next day delivery. Waiting 1 week still no bolt kit, so phoned up and was told the original information was not true and Clark the people who make the bolt kit did not have any spare. I mean really come on! I was told the bolt kit should arrive around the 28th December when they next have stock leaving me with out an erectable table till then. Thanks great service, not! Checked online tables are still in stock. Surely a reputable company would just go and take a bolt kit from one of the other tables they have boxed up and they can wait for the bolt kit...... but no not MachineMart as thats far to smart. Hope this helps others"
Steve Braidwood
Unverified Reviewer
"absolute joke of a company does not give a toss about customer care"
"Somehow I'm getting emails for a Mr Davies which is not me. I have clicked not to receive anymore, but no they continue. I have emailed back asking not to email me and no response whatsoever. Please don't send anymore I am not interested at all in buying anything from your company. Thanks"
Steve Braidwood
Unverified Reviewer
"what a bunch of uncaring people you spend £150 on a toolbox it breaks within 2 years so you buy another one because you have to return it empty you are then told they want £65 to repair it you then speak to customer care george he could not care less no goodwill gesture they are as usefull as a chocolate fireguard back to sealy"
"I needed an output regulator for my Rebel Air 30 Compressor. Rang Parts Department with Part No. and ordered on line. Item arrived in post next day. The new part had been modified and was certainly manufactured to a higher specification than the original part that had failed."
"Terrible customer service. Ordered an item with a vat free code. My card was charged the full price. I also paid for next day delivery £7.99. Waited 4 days for delivery. Emailed and called for a refund and totally ignored."
"Unbelievable knowledge (NOT) don't understand Boyles law, give wrong information about compressors, if I'd believed what they say I would have bought something useless to me, information given appears to be INTENDED to mislead. Eg, give displacement figure for a compressor and working pressure maximum neither of which have any relevance to what you can get in use from it."
Mike Shepherd
Unverified Reviewer
"I am unable to leave a review for the ordered products as, nearly 3 weeks after ordering for delivery to Portugal, the items have yet to be received....in fact, after numerous calls to Machine Mart, I learned yesterday that they haven't even been despatched but will be today and delivery will be next week - nearly a month after ordering! . I'm really disappointed, as this was an order exceeding a thousand pounds, and after a helpful and smooth ordering process I had hoped for speedy despatch of the order. During one of my telephone calls to the company last week, I was told that the goods had been despatched but that no further information was available to indicate the status of the delivery. In the light of now knowing that this wasn't true, I have to assume that either I was lied to or that Machine Mart's systems and processes are flakey. I really wanted this transaction to be a good experience, but I'm very disappointed."
Paul Hawkesworth
Unverified Reviewer
"On 12 Oct 2017 I bought a bandsaw that had an advertised cut of 8inches - when I opened the box the blade would only cut 3inches but the platform for the wood was 8 inches. I returned it for a refund but was refused - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY they are sharp traders and have a terrible customer service policy,"
"Used Machine Marts Click and Collect service for the first time. Paid in full online , received an email confirming my order had been delivered to store and they would be in touch. Waited ... 4 days later I called the store to be told it was a lot of effort to look on the delivered pallets and they would call me back 2 days later if they had the chance to look. 2 days later I decided to chase ... only to be told that my order had arrived 4 days earlier and they had immediately sold it to another customer off the shelf?! Now apparently my only option is to cancel my order and re-order online (as it’s not items they hold in store) and go through the whole process again? No apology , no offer to have the new delivery delivered direct to me as compensation. Terrible customer service!"
Machine Mart is rated 2.02 based on 98 reviews