Machine Mart Reviews

02AM
2AM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Machine Mart deliver?

How can I contact Machine Mart?

Machine Mart Limited211 Lower Parliament Street

Category:
DIY & Tools

Tell us how Machine Mart made you happy

"its great. best service i have ever had"
Are you Machine Mart? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I have received my mig welder witch should come with free headshield but it didn't so I have to ring them up to get my shield"
"clear and enthusiastic information from staff, I felt confident to buy what i needed"
"This is initial comments based on a recent order. It is only based on the order & delivery process, not the products. I ordered several items on 28/01/19 with expected delivery on 31/01/19. At the time of purchase (web site for home delivery) there was nothing to suggest that the items were not in stock, however, on 01/02/19 having not received the delivery which I waited in for (or had any email updates) I became suspicious that not all was well (as most companies send updates through the dispatch phase etc.) so decided to call machine mart to get an update on my order. Customer services person was polite, but did not give me the impression that they were prepared to make much of an effort on my behalf to pursue more to get my items to me. I was told that one of the items was not in stock & that due to this the rest of the order had not been dispatched (items in stock). This was frustrating as I was waiting for the products to complete a job. When asking when the product would be available, I was told to my dismay it may be 10 more days, which would be approx. 2 weeks from ordering. I asked if they had any of the required item at another store which could be forwarded on to me, but was told that even though there were at my nearest store (40mins drive) they could not have this item sent from there which I find again frustrating for what I assumed would be relatively easy logistically for a national company. Customer services person said I could cancel the item from my order then go to my 'local depot' to pick one up, but having gone through the online ordering process, I was unwilling to drive this distance when I feel machine mart should be trying their best to deliver a purchased product to the customer. If I had not chased up my order would machine mart just left me waiting for an additional 10days before they updated me on the status of my order? I had also paid for delivery which I asked if they would consider discounting for my being additionally inconvenienced to which I was told they would not consider this. Again disappointing as delivery costs are not exactly cheap, along with the waiting in time on the suggested delivery day. So I will have to try to be in again to receive the delivery when it arrives. Hopefully I will receive concise tracking info so I can work round the delivery. Most companies I deal with are very proactive in informing me promptly if there are any issues, so this is a disappointing experience with machine mart online. Lack of prompt information is one of the most frustrating aspects, as if they could not deliver the product in a timely manner I could purchase from another supplier. Was very close to cancelling the entire order, but will stick with the order & see how it turns out."
"Awful customer service, and very bad experience. I bought new welder machine, after a week returned because faulty gas regulator:( After 9 weeks still no refund or replacement."
"I purchased a Clarke CL500M Lathe/Mill combo in March last year. Trying to keep this short... Machine auto feed died, got it fixed. Lathe bearing died, got whole machine replaced. New machine didn't key t-key in mill so mill didn't work. Mill got taken away, installed and 'tested'. I get it back and install it. It sounds like a bag of nails, dead bearings. And it chatters massively. What a pathetic service. 9 and a half months of effort and money for nothing. I will be going to trading standards and my bank about this. Never buying anything from them again. Absolutely appalling customer support."
"I bought a Garage in Dec 18 for my son as a Christmas present.It turns out he does not want it as it would not fit in his front garden. I rang the shop in Leyton London to tell htem that and to ay I would be returning it for a refund, only to be told they would not give one to me and would only offer me a credit note. This I find very unhelpful and totally unecessary as thery stock them. I rang head office only to be told that due to the consumer rights act of 2015 that prohibited them accept it for refund.!!"
"Bought a welder with a gas bottle and regulator. The regulator did not work properly so I returned it. They would not give me a refund only a credit note. Amazingly their employee said they knew they were all faulty but were still selling them!"
"Bought a ratchet bit set. I have been looking for this type of set for a while. It simply great at tightening and removing the bolts supplied with self assembly furniture such as beds etc. Where the supplied tool is barely adequate for the job, skinned and deeply sliced knuckles being the order of the day. This tool will save me from that pain, and bleeding every time I grip something. Thank you Machine Mart for stocking it, and supplying it promptly with the minimum of fuss and bother. The catalogue sent with the ratchet bit set is doing the rounds with my colleagues at work. Highly recommend Machine Mart and its excellent customer service."
"I will never use this company again. The generator I bought was of poor quality - it didn't work out of the box. Having paid to have it serviced and fixed it still did not work. It was returned in a damaged condition. Customer service was appalling. The website says they go to great lengths to ensure customers are satisfied. This is just not true. Avoid at all costs."
"Machine Mart is a company I have used for many years; since the 1990s at least. But today they lost me (4/11/2018). I am prepared to pay a lot more for the same product- if it means that I will be trusted as a customer, treated with compassion and respect, and valued. The low price is soon forgotten - the lousy customer service isn't. They sold me a power pack and it was faulty the moment it was unboxed. I showed them less than a day later and I was astonished that I could not have my money back. I didn't realise that companies could get away with this for faulty goods - and that you have to wait until it is inspected to get your money. This can take several weeks. What Century is this? Machine Mart. You are in competition in a world that offers immediate refunds to customers buying inferior products. If you don't put a stop to this convoluted returns policy you will soon be nothing but a memory. All is fine if the products are fine - the 5* ratings on here. But your customer service is nothing short of disgraceful. You can't and won't survive. You can't punish decent people for the dishonest actions of a few of your customers. This is what business insurance is for. It's goodbye - and I have spent many £100s since the 1990s."
"rang up almost a week ago to check If a part was available was advised the part was coming in stock the following Thursday when I rang to check I was told they only stock 1 item at one time and as this 1 item they had was going out to someone else that may come to collect? or may not If they didn't collect I could have it or I could order another 1 ! to collect next week that someone else might beat me to it and then order again for the next week , phoned customer service who was no help at all total sham please stop sending junk mail showing products you do not have and wasting peoples time"
"Refused a refund on un-needed items, unopened and returned within hours of purchase (same day) No refund, only credit note. Will never shop there again."
"Good prices for the product I wanted. It took quite a while to be delivered to the store for pick up, but this was no problem for me. I was informed by email and a phone call when the item had arrived. However, it was the wrong item. I phoned the store for advice. They told me to contact customer services. I did so online asking if they could collect the wrong item and send me the right item. The next morning I received a phone call, then an email, saying the correct item had been dispatched. It arrived the next day, and I was told I could keep the incorrect item,for which I had paid £5.99. I am very impressed with their customer service and would have given 5 stars if the correct item had been delivered in the first place."
"Bought a band saw. Took it home and plugged it in to discover it was dead. Took it back to the store on the same day to be told i'd have to wait 28 days for their technicians to inspect it before issuing a refund. Couldn't replace it as they had no other bandsaws in stock! Awful customer service"
"Had a awful experience with a generator and repair. Staff at head office were not helpful and I would not recommend using this company ever again."
"Bought a Clark Jet Pressure Washer 9000 14 months ago. It went wrong after a few weeks. So Machine Mart replaced it. However it has just packed up again and they say it's out of Guarantee of only 12 months. Shall have to go back to Wickes or a Karcher Pressure Washer where minimum of 2 years and up to 5 years Guarantee as I won't be using these again"
"the staff at the sheffield machine mart have a attitube because when you buy things from the store they are not willing to help anyone understand the instruction manual."
"Pleased with the vacuum bags and the ignition timing light. Delivery very poor took ten days to arrive"
"The manager at Sunderland branch took time out to describe the difference between a pz and Philips drill bit,this was very helpful and much appreciated."
Machine Mart is rated 2.10 based on 135 reviews