Machine Mart Reviews

Machine Mart Limited211 Lower Parliament Street

Category:
DIY & Tools

Tell us how Machine Mart made you happy

"I will never use this company again. The generator I bought was of poor quality - it didn't work out of the box. Having paid to have it serviced and fixed it still did not work. It was returned in a damaged condition. Customer service was appalling. The website says they go to great lengths to ensure customers are satisfied. This is just not true. Avoid at all costs."
Are you Machine Mart? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Machine Mart receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Machine Mart is a company I have used for many years; since the 1990s at least. But today they lost me (4/11/2018). I am prepared to pay a lot more for the same product- if it means that I will be trusted as a customer, treated with compassion and respect, and valued. The low price is soon forgotten - the lousy customer service isn't. They sold me a power pack and it was faulty the moment it was unboxed. I showed them less than a day later and I was astonished that I could not have my money back. I didn't realise that companies could get away with this for faulty goods - and that you have to wait until it is inspected to get your money. This can take several weeks. What Century is this? Machine Mart. You are in competition in a world that offers immediate refunds to customers buying inferior products. If you don't put a stop to this convoluted returns policy you will soon be nothing but a memory. All is fine if the products are fine - the 5* ratings on here. But your customer service is nothing short of disgraceful. You can't and won't survive. You can't punish decent people for the dishonest actions of a few of your customers. This is what business insurance is for. It's goodbye - and I have spent many £100s since the 1990s."
"rang up almost a week ago to check If a part was available was advised the part was coming in stock the following Thursday when I rang to check I was told they only stock 1 item at one time and as this 1 item they had was going out to someone else that may come to collect? or may not If they didn't collect I could have it or I could order another 1 ! to collect next week that someone else might beat me to it and then order again for the next week , phoned customer service who was no help at all total sham please stop sending junk mail showing products you do not have and wasting peoples time"
"Refused a refund on un-needed items, unopened and returned within hours of purchase (same day) No refund, only credit note. Will never shop there again."
"Good prices for the product I wanted. It took quite a while to be delivered to the store for pick up, but this was no problem for me. I was informed by email and a phone call when the item had arrived. However, it was the wrong item. I phoned the store for advice. They told me to contact customer services. I did so online asking if they could collect the wrong item and send me the right item. The next morning I received a phone call, then an email, saying the correct item had been dispatched. It arrived the next day, and I was told I could keep the incorrect item,for which I had paid £5.99. I am very impressed with their customer service and would have given 5 stars if the correct item had been delivered in the first place."
"Bought a band saw. Took it home and plugged it in to discover it was dead. Took it back to the store on the same day to be told i'd have to wait 28 days for their technicians to inspect it before issuing a refund. Couldn't replace it as they had no other bandsaws in stock! Awful customer service"
"Had a awful experience with a generator and repair. Staff at head office were not helpful and I would not recommend using this company ever again."
"Bought a Clark Jet Pressure Washer 9000 14 months ago. It went wrong after a few weeks. So Machine Mart replaced it. However it has just packed up again and they say it's out of Guarantee of only 12 months. Shall have to go back to Wickes or a Karcher Pressure Washer where minimum of 2 years and up to 5 years Guarantee as I won't be using these again"
"the staff at the sheffield machine mart have a attitube because when you buy things from the store they are not willing to help anyone understand the instruction manual."
"Pleased with the vacuum bags and the ignition timing light. Delivery very poor took ten days to arrive"
"The manager at Sunderland branch took time out to describe the difference between a pz and Philips drill bit,this was very helpful and much appreciated."
"explained differance to other makes , fetch it back if its not right , as they do with all perchases"
"Bought a shop vac pump from them that emitted smoke and had missing parts. On review clearly the box had previously been opened and was either shop soiled or had been returned defective. Customer services were no help whatsoever and insisted it has to be returned to the shop and sent to technical services before a refund could be issued. Didn't realise such dreadful companies still existed."
"should of taken 2 weeks for a services on a jet washer took 5 weeks.They took the machine with a fall tank of petrol.Got it back empty sent them a email.very rude customer service wont do any thing on it.so in all was very expensive. don't use them better company out there."
"I bought a fuel transfer pump, and the first time I used it, it leaked fuel. I rang their customer service department, and they said to take it back to the shop. I did this, and after many phone calls by the staff, it was swapped for another very reluctantly. I took the second one home, and it was exactly the same. Admittedly, the second had some "O" rings with it, so I was optimistic, but they made no difference. When I returned the second one, they refused to let me have one, until they had inspected it. This was despite the fact that I had already returned one that they could've inspected. I returned home with the unit, and rang my solicitor. I was advised that under the Consumer Rights Act, I was entitled to a full refund "without question". I rang their customer service department again, and explained this to them. They still flatly refused a refund. I have no option now than to make a claim through the small claims court. I have never known a company with such a shocking attitude to their customers, and I will never use any of their products again. Having read through other reviews, it appears that I am not the only one."
"I phoned in advance to check stock of an Evolution heat gun. I was told they had one in stock and would keep it for me. Called in the Exeter store the next day and it was waiting for me at the counter. I had not paid or left any other details other than my name. Service how it should be, no hassle."
"Customer service and returns policy is the worst I've ever seen. Welder Brock down at only 8 days old and I have to wait 28 days for a refund"
"Good service with lots of product choice."
"Over a week ago I ordered a some rubber flooring to lay down in my new shed, I was told that it will be ready in a few days, five days has gone by and I still have not received the item. So I made a phone call to the small outlet shop in Enfield and asked one of the shop assistance where is my flooring I order, he said that he was sorry but they did not order the item and that as we are speaking he is ordering the item and again that he is very sorry. He did promises me that I will receive the item in three days, well three days have now pass and I still have received this item, please note that I do have my tradesman coming to lay this flooring down and I now have to cancel this appointment because of the promise that was made. I was told that this item will arrive today and now it is late evening, so I will be phoning them first thing tomorrow morning. This Machine Mart out let shop in Enfield is not fit for purpose so please be aware that the manager of this shop has no costumer manner or honest skills to deal with such a small mess up, and I do hope that the head office will have a word with their personal staff and management."
"I purchased a mig welder less than two weeks ago and when it went wrong I took it back. The guy told me it was a common fault and I should have been told. Anyway, he said he can up grade it to a more expensive model but for a refund it would have to go to be tested (even though you can clearly see the the problem). I will have to wait 28 days as that is their rights to see that it is faulty, then I will have to travel back to the store for a third time (still with no welder) to get a refund. If I knew they were the only company with such a long winded and frustrating right to do this I would have gone to screwfix or another supplier. """""""Stay away from Machine mart"""""""
Machine Mart is rated 2.08 based on 126 reviews