Machine Mart Reviews

Machine Mart have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their delivery, returns process and refunds. Full Insights

29% of reviewers recommend Machine Mart
8PM
8PM

Machine Mart Limited211 Lower Parliament Street

Category:
DIY & Tools

Telephone

How would you rate Machine Mart ?

"the staff at the sheffield machine mart have a attitube because when you buy things from the store they are not willing to help anyone understand the instruction manual."
"The manager at Sunderland branch took time out to describe the difference between a pz and Philips drill bit,this was very helpful and much appreciated."
"explained differance to other makes , fetch it back if its not right , as they do with all perchases"
"Bought a shop vac pump from them that emitted smoke and had missing parts. On review clearly the box had previously been opened and was either shop soiled or had been returned defective. Customer services were no help whatsoever and insisted it has to be returned to the shop and sent to technical services before a refund could be issued. Didn't realise such dreadful companies still existed."
"should of taken 2 weeks for a services on a jet washer took 5 weeks.They took the machine with a fall tank of petrol.Got it back empty sent them a email.very rude customer service wont do any thing on it.so in all was very expensive. don't use them better company out there."
"I bought a fuel transfer pump, and the first time I used it, it leaked fuel. I rang their customer service department, and they said to take it back to the shop. I did this, and after many phone calls by the staff, it was swapped for another very reluctantly. I took the second one home, and it was exactly the same. Admittedly, the second had some "O" rings with it, so I was optimistic, but they made no difference. When I returned the second one, they refused to let me have one, until they had inspected it. This was despite the fact that I had already returned one that they could've inspected. I returned home with the unit, and rang my solicitor. I was advised that under the Consumer Rights Act, I was entitled to a full refund "without question". I rang their customer service department again, and explained this to them. They still flatly refused a refund. I have no option now than to make a claim through the small claims court. I have never known a company with such a shocking attitude to their customers, and I will never use any of their products again. Having read through other reviews, it appears that I am not the only one."
"I phoned in advance to check stock of an Evolution heat gun. I was told they had one in stock and would keep it for me. Called in the Exeter store the next day and it was waiting for me at the counter. I had not paid or left any other details other than my name. Service how it should be, no hassle."
"Customer service and returns policy is the worst I've ever seen. Welder Brock down at only 8 days old and I have to wait 28 days for a refund"
"Good service with lots of product choice."
"Over a week ago I ordered a some rubber flooring to lay down in my new shed, I was told that it will be ready in a few days, five days has gone by and I still have not received the item. So I made a phone call to the small outlet shop in Enfield and asked one of the shop assistance where is my flooring I order, he said that he was sorry but they did not order the item and that as we are speaking he is ordering the item and again that he is very sorry. He did promises me that I will receive the item in three days, well three days have now pass and I still have received this item, please note that I do have my tradesman coming to lay this flooring down and I now have to cancel this appointment because of the promise that was made. I was told that this item will arrive today and now it is late evening, so I will be phoning them first thing tomorrow morning. This Machine Mart out let shop in Enfield is not fit for purpose so please be aware that the manager of this shop has no costumer manner or honest skills to deal with such a small mess up, and I do hope that the head office will have a word with their personal staff and management."
"I purchased a mig welder less than two weeks ago and when it went wrong I took it back. The guy told me it was a common fault and I should have been told. Anyway, he said he can up grade it to a more expensive model but for a refund it would have to go to be tested (even though you can clearly see the the problem). I will have to wait 28 days as that is their rights to see that it is faulty, then I will have to travel back to the store for a third time (still with no welder) to get a refund. If I knew they were the only company with such a long winded and frustrating right to do this I would have gone to screwfix or another supplier. """""""Stay away from Machine mart"""""""
"Tool chest less than 1 year old fallen apart. Insisting has to be returned and examined for 2 weeks. When I have explained I can not work without my tool chest the refuse to assist in any way. I have asked the common sense question of how do I work? To be told they can not advise on the matter. Appalling attitude and service."
"Catalogue clearly stated a Cordless Hedge Trimmer came with a Battery and Charger. A member of Staff later confirmed it, stating "it comes with everything listed in the catalogue". When it arrived 10 days later (not the promised 3 to 4 days) there was no battery or charger supplied. According to their Customer 'Service' they do not have to stand behind their advertisements, their catalogue or what their staff say!!!"
"Called to check stock availability, very friendly and efficient. Tool as described available at a reasonable price."
"Great choice, great prices and great service, thank you"
"For specific tools, your can't bet Machine Mart. Their staff have a wide range of knowledge about all their tools. The service is second to none."
"bought an expensive Clarke High Frequency Automatic Battery Charger back in 2015. It failed within 12 months, after very light occasional use. The Store wouldn't replace - said they would need to send to an engineer. So weeks later I get a call saying it was broken (yes I knew that) and they would replace it. Great but another 40 mile round trip and more time wasted. And guess what the replacement just went wrong after occasional and light use. No chance now for a replacement or refund as its over 12 months since the last debacle. I may as well have bought a cheap one from ebay!"
"Always friendly and helpful and items not in stock are available with-in a few days of ordering."
"Bought a Space Heater for my workshop from Machine Mart. It failed after less than 5 weeks of use and I need it for my business. The staff in the shop flatly refused to exchange or offer a refund even after I explained I would have to purchase another because my business depended on having a warm workshop (Vehicle Wrapping). I was told theri engineer would have to look at it first to see what the fault was! This was on Saturday and I recieved a call on Monday to say it had been repaired but it would be a week before it would be returned to the shop!! I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I explained again that I had purchased another unit elsewhere as I needed it over the weekend as I had customers booked in. I was advised that if I wanted a refund I would have to speak to customer services. When I did this the call taker couldn't see what the problem was and said I should have been offered a refund, and would be contacted by the store manager soon. Within two minutes the store manager said he would agree to refund my the money. The reluctance of the store manager to offer me a refund is disturbing and not at all customer focussed. I will not be using Machine Mart again, nit only are they more expensive than the likes of Amazon but their returns policy is a disgrace."
"NEVER MIND FREEBIE FRIDAY HOW ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE ? ........ I bought a wetstone grinder in November its had very little light use, it started smoking from the gearbox last night, so I took it back to the local machine mart store, to be told I couldn't exchange it,until it had been investigated by an engineer, when I said I wanted to spend more money with them and by a more expensive model I was told that I couldn't do that either until the fault had been investigated. I explained that I am engraver and cannot work without sharpening my tools, but the sales assistant said he couldn't help other than to sell me another unit which I could have a refund for IF the engineer concludes the fault was was caused by a manufacturing fault. customer service gave me the same answers. I don't know of ANY OTHER RETAILER who will not refund or replace until they have examined the item, pretty sure there is an infringement of consumer rights here which I will be investigating, I now have to tell my customer he won't get his piece for over a month now as I go away at the weekend, which Im sure he will be pleased to hear. ...... well done machine mart you have just lost a long standing customer .... I won't be buying from you again & will make sure I pass on the message to friends and colleagues"
Machine Mart is rated 2.13 based on 117 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!