Machine Mart Reviews

28% of reviewers recommend Machine Mart

Machine Mart Limited211 Lower Parliament Street

Category:
DIY & Tools

How would you rate Machine Mart?

103 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Rosemarie Booth
Great choice, great prices and great service, thank you

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Machine Mart in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Rosemarie Booth
"Great choice, great prices and great service, thank you"
"For specific tools, your can't bet Machine Mart. Their staff have a wide range of knowledge about all their tools. The service is second to none."
"bought an expensive Clarke High Frequency Automatic Battery Charger back in 2015. It failed within 12 months, after very light occasional use. The Store wouldn't replace - said they would need to send to an engineer. So weeks later I get a call saying it was broken (yes I knew that) and they would replace it. Great but another 40 mile round trip and more time wasted. And guess what the replacement just went wrong after occasional and light use. No chance now for a replacement or refund as its over 12 months since the last debacle. I may as well have bought a cheap one from ebay!"
MICHAEL BRITTON
"Always friendly and helpful and items not in stock are available with-in a few days of ordering."
"Bought a Space Heater for my workshop from Machine Mart. It failed after less than 5 weeks of use and I need it for my business. The staff in the shop flatly refused to exchange or offer a refund even after I explained I would have to purchase another because my business depended on having a warm workshop (Vehicle Wrapping). I was told theri engineer would have to look at it first to see what the fault was! This was on Saturday and I recieved a call on Monday to say it had been repaired but it would be a week before it would be returned to the shop!! I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I explained again that I had purchased another unit elsewhere as I needed it over the weekend as I had customers booked in. I was advised that if I wanted a refund I would have to speak to customer services. When I did this the call taker couldn't see what the problem was and said I should have been offered a refund, and would be contacted by the store manager soon. Within two minutes the store manager said he would agree to refund my the money. The reluctance of the store manager to offer me a refund is disturbing and not at all customer focussed. I will not be using Machine Mart again, nit only are they more expensive than the likes of Amazon but their returns policy is a disgrace."
"NEVER MIND FREEBIE FRIDAY HOW ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE ? ........ I bought a wetstone grinder in November its had very little light use, it started smoking from the gearbox last night, so I took it back to the local machine mart store, to be told I couldn't exchange it,until it had been investigated by an engineer, when I said I wanted to spend more money with them and by a more expensive model I was told that I couldn't do that either until the fault had been investigated. I explained that I am engraver and cannot work without sharpening my tools, but the sales assistant said he couldn't help other than to sell me another unit which I could have a refund for IF the engineer concludes the fault was was caused by a manufacturing fault. customer service gave me the same answers. I don't know of ANY OTHER RETAILER who will not refund or replace until they have examined the item, pretty sure there is an infringement of consumer rights here which I will be investigating, I now have to tell my customer he won't get his piece for over a month now as I go away at the weekend, which Im sure he will be pleased to hear. ...... well done machine mart you have just lost a long standing customer .... I won't be buying from you again & will make sure I pass on the message to friends and colleagues"
John McGaughey
"As always, fantastic service and helpfulness in carrying purchases out to the car. Cant' fault machine mart. GREAT prices, great quality and friendly staff. 11/10 Machine Mart :)"
Happy Customer.
"Top notch delivery"
"I bought a Clarke inverter generator and theirs was the lowest price I'd seen. I also had the option of picking it up myself from one of their stores, rather than having it delivered."
"Bought an oil filled radiator BR13/250. Did not use for a year, when I did it keeps cutting out at 55 deg, Clarke provided replacement thermostat but no change. Stupidly left it for 13 months after purchase, now Machine Mart and Clarke don't want to know. Do not buy this product if you want to heat a space."
"The order was placed without hassle, and promptly dispatched to the post office of my choice, which is a great option for people who lead busy lives and always out and about. Just a shame that Parcel Force let the side down by delaying the delivery."
Gordon Haigh
"Good quality products for the enthusiast with especially good prices when they have a VAT free event!"
"Every now and then Machine Mart provide a VAT free offer on some of their products.This has enabled me to buy some wood working tools and machinery saving me a number of pounds that just go to the government."
"Bad refund policy..."
Robert Johnson
"good range of products at very good prices"
"To whom it may concern, Don't buy anything from MachineMart and heres why. Ordered product 29/11/17 -- still waiting for missing bolts to put the table together // Dec 20th Ordered this product and to be fair it done come during the delivery specified time but apart from that thats where the the problems began. The box had a 10cm hole on the side which I noticed on delivery. Driver said thats how it was when he collected etc, if the box was badly damaged why collect??. Open the box and its missing the bolt kit to put the table together, surprise surprise. Called MachineMart who were more than happy to help. I was told they would sort the problem immediately and someone would call back, They didn't! I called them back myself a few days later and was told bolt kit would be sent next day delivery. Waiting 1 week still no bolt kit, so phoned up and was told the original information was not true and Clark the people who make the bolt kit did not have any spare. I mean really come on! I was told the bolt kit should arrive around the 28th December when they next have stock leaving me with out an erectable table till then. Thanks great service, not! Checked online tables are still in stock. Surely a reputable company would just go and take a bolt kit from one of the other tables they have boxed up and they can wait for the bolt kit...... but no not MachineMart as thats far to smart. Hope this helps others"
Steve Braidwood
Unverified Reviewer
"absolute joke of a company does not give a toss about customer care"
"Somehow I'm getting emails for a Mr Davies which is not me. I have clicked not to receive anymore, but no they continue. I have emailed back asking not to email me and no response whatsoever. Please don't send anymore I am not interested at all in buying anything from your company. Thanks"
Steve Braidwood
Unverified Reviewer
"what a bunch of uncaring people you spend £150 on a toolbox it breaks within 2 years so you buy another one because you have to return it empty you are then told they want £65 to repair it you then speak to customer care george he could not care less no goodwill gesture they are as usefull as a chocolate fireguard back to sealy"
"I needed an output regulator for my Rebel Air 30 Compressor. Rang Parts Department with Part No. and ordered on line. Item arrived in post next day. The new part had been modified and was certainly manufactured to a higher specification than the original part that had failed."
Machine Mart is rated 2.10 based on 103 reviews