MCrecycle.com Reviews

M&C
Unit 3 Willow House
River Gardens
Feltham,

Tell us how MCrecycle.com made you happy
Sent my phone in, received an email saying they have received my phone and its worth. Heard nothing for a further 3 weeks so phoned and they told me there was a pattern lock on it(which there was) so I let them know. Then heard nothing back after a further 3 weeks only to phone and find out it already has been recycled and I don't receive anything back because the home button was 'faulty' so basically have sold my phone and not given me anything from it, as far as I'm concerned that's called stealing. Strongly recommend people to go elsewhere, scammers.
Offer one price then change it - the phone was in excellent condition. Would not recommend. Agree with other low star posters.
same old story
good price offer then rubbish excuse for dropping the price by 75%.
phone was never out of leather case and had not got a blemish on it.
they said the speaker was faulty, screen had lifted and the phone was no longer waterproof. how would they know this without putting it into water.
dont go near these people. they then charge you to get your phone back.
I used their freepost package which was sent to me fairly quickly around 2 days and sent my iPad off in perfect working condition. It's been in a case since ive had it and to be honest has rarely been used. When I tried to track my parcel the following day it said tracking was not available with this service which I thought was a bit strange. I emailed mc recycle just to check if they had received the parcek yet and i received an email couple of hours later saying it had so I was happy that they received my parcel after only 1 day. I then received an email at 6.04pm advising it had been passed to a "technician" and then at 6.08pm another email saying "there is an issue testing the product . The new price is £90 not £110. Either the condition of the product is lower than declared, or at least one of its extras are broken or missing". Luckily I took pictures of my iPad before I posted as evidence that there was not one mark on that iPad and it was in perfect working condition. If you don't accept the lower price they make you pay to have it returned. It's fraud what they are doing and I am yet to get a response to my email that I have sent. I have also tried calling the number on their website but surprise surprise no one answers. If it is not resolved I will be taking it further!
Rubbish. Revised an offer from 90.00 to 00.00 because of a scratched screen
Dear Alex

We have investigated your order to resolve the issue. The LG G5 you have sent us had a broken screen and we tried to sent your photographic evidence which you decline to receive. Therefore your order was cancelled as we do not buy broken screen LG G5 .

Tried to rip me off by saying the phone i sent in was dented and scratched. Absolute rubbish. Offered me a much lower offer for an immaculate phone. Seller beware, avoid this company at all costs!!!!

Each phone is tested and graded based on its condition
Unfortunately your phone did not fully meet the working condition criteria therefore a revalue price was provided
Customer always have the option to decline the offer and request return of the phone.

This company sucks you in with the best price for your old unit then makes out it has scratches...
I returned a unit that had been in a case from new and didn’t have a mark on it and the claimed it had scratches...
Very clever they only reduced my settlement by £5 but the reason I sent it to them was the price they offered...
I would defiantly not get sucked in with this company. They didn’t have high reviews for customer service and I see why now...
Very poor.
My first time using M&C, I wont use again for my other phones. I sent a very good condition phone and was emailed to say the phone was tested and found to have screen scratches and case damage and dents, which it didnt. Then - reducing payment offer by 40%. I work in IT and look after all my equipment. I genuinely believe any signs of use is minor wear and tear which is accepted use as per the website. To state on the website that minor wear and tear is accepted then receive a phone exactly that and then lie as to the condition, i think is dishonest. Others may have better results, but i will be certain to use other companies to recycle my old equipment.

Each phone is tested and graded based on its condition

Offered a reasonable amount for my used phone (61 GBP), when it arrived they revised the offer down to 10GBP despite it being exactly as described. I then had to pay to get the phone back. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
originally offered £169 then I was offered £150, the phone in in box and in new condition. When I declined the offer they asked me to pay money to have my phone returned. I don't recommend this site.
Was told the phone had a cracked LCD and therefore the price offered was zero after inspection. Phone did not have a cracked LCD when it left in its bubble and cardboard wrapped packaging! As it will cost £3 to get back my £5 phone it would appear I have been played a proper one!! A very clever money making scheme!
Dear Customer

You have not provided your order number , therefore we cannot verify your review.

Regards
Condition sent was like new , no scratches as stated there was a part missing but brand new was present (spare parts given) in the package so they can place it professionally and yet it was described as a scratched back falling apart and oozing glue phone so they sliced in half the originally stated price of 50£ for recycling and offered 25£, such a waste of time and energy honestly just gift your old phone to someone ...at least you are going to be left with a nice feeling ! not felt like you're being robbed.
Million % NOT RECOMMEND ! :)
Hi

You have not uploaded the front image of the phone
Screen of the main reason the phone was revalued.

Regards
Not even worth one star! One of the most unprofessional companies that I’ve ever dealt with. Gave me an initial quote of £153 for my iPhone 6s then only updated me when I contacted them. They said my phone had deep dents and scratches when it didn’t. They lowered their offer to £90 which I declined and asked them to return the phone to me. Two weeks later I was still waiting and I only received it back after I also complained to the comparison website that I’d found them through in the first place. They are a bunch of scammers!

And I find it quite amusing that most of the positive reviews are anonymous... tells me all I need to know. Do yourselves a favour and go to a reputable company and don’t waste your time on these cowboys.
Same as the others, devalued my phone and when I asked for it back I paid the fee for Ist class return. One month later I am still waiting for my phone to be returned. They initially blamed 'post office delays' for the delay. Disgusting company. They have stolen my phone!
disgusting company valued my phone at £95 then emailed me to say this was wrong that was wrong and changed it to £6.00 then had cheek to say if i didnt except they wanted £4.00 to return you dont deserve to be in buisness
My phone was in perfect condition. Not a single scratch or dent but was rated "deep dents and scratches" - Utter rubbish! Their free post send out only covers £50 loss so had to pay £7.30 to send, they then charge you to send the phone back to you if you don't take the offered price. Con men do not use them!
Same comments as others have made. Sent away a near perfect phone and the “technician” reduced the offer for “scratches and dents”.
they are bloody scams. I have sent working note 5 and nothing wrong was with phone but they sent me the email later that it has burnt screen and some major damge to battery and blah blah. they reduced the price and then send me the money through paypal where I ended up with further reductions due to paypal fee.
they are awful. Never send your phone to them. bunch of idiots
Sent off my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 64GB to M & C Recycle having agreed a price of £ 70.00. Shortly afterwards they sent me an email claiming that "an employee" had inspected the handset and that in was in some not up to standard but offered a
reduced price of £ 30.00. I have no doubt that this is a standard ploy used by
M & C Recycle aimed at defrauding their customers of the true value of their property. Offer rejected email has already been sent and will be followed by legal action if necessary.

Your Samung Note 3 was 32GB not 64GB
further more your phone was in POOR condition and badly damage on the frame
Therefore it was revalued to that price .
If I could give the company less than a 1 then I would.

Absolutely appalling. Firstly they said they needed my email address and password to access the phone even though it was reset when sent to them. As you know giving out this information is a serious security issue.

They then told me the value of the phone wasn't what quoted as there was a scratch on the screen - now I know it wasn't sent off with this damage as the phone was newly repaired and hadn't been used being repaired. I asked for a photo and then sent a fussy photo of the phone with no scratch visible.

They take no complaints about service seriously and I ended up going round in circles. Asking to speak to a manager and this apparent 'manager' would email from the same email address, making me believe it wasn't and the person was pretending to fob me off a bit.

Also if you ever do complain all you get back is that you can pay to get your phone back. What a joke!

Would not recommend this company at all!
MCrecycle.com is rated 3.66 based on 337 reviews