London Luton Airport Operations Limited Reviews

Navigation House
Airport Way
Luton

Tell us how London Luton Airport Operations Limited made you happy

"Prepaid for parking in midterm. Because of an emergency had to stay at my destination two days longer than expected. Tried to change booking on line but could not because of the "nature of the booking". Tried the helpline but does not work at weekends! Pathetic. Used the email address to ask what the best course was so I didn't have to pay the standard daily rate so £ 32. Never even received a reply.) Rang the number on the Monday morning and after the third was basically told pat the daily rate. They would not know good customer service if it hit them in the face, they are just interested in extracting as much money as possible from people. If I could fly from another airport I would never set foot in this disgraceful place again."
"Luton used to be my favourite London airport. Not as nasty as Thiefrow; not as far away as Gatwick. No longer. All is being changed – for the worse. Coming by car, the signposting is dreadful. At at least three points I had to stop my car, because it was unclear where I should go to leave it at Valet Parking. Nobody at the 'Passenger Help' kiosk, of course. So I had to wait until a service engineer happened by to fix one of the barrier mechanisms, and he told me where I needed to go. I cannot comment on the queues for Security on Departure, as I'd paid for Priority Security, so didn't have to wait too long. Bur, once through, you are confronted by - literally - a maze of airport concession shops with a serpentine path between them, meandering in an almost complete circle [and with no short cut]. So bad, that they had had to put up a small sign to explain the the actual passenger path to the departure gates was - half-hidden - between one of these shops and its neighbour. Then at least a quarter mile of corridors and passages, to get to Gate 1. Returning was just as bad. No signage at all to indicate that the ONLY way to the multi-story car park was to take the elevated bridge. At ground level, signs to "Pick-up" lead you past the multi-story to a wasteland of fenced-off construction sites. And once you finally get out of the airport, you find four lanes of traffic [Airport Terminal, Airport Service Area, Local traffic, Luton Town Centre] all merging into one. The resulting jams have to be seen to be believed. For a so-called "International Airport" it is a DISGRACE"
"Parking signs are poor, I ended up in drop off instead of the multistorey lane and had to pay £3 to get out. Lee paid for a multi storey space months in advance. The car park was completely full there were no spaces, drove round for an hour trying to find somewhere to park and eventually an attendant told me to park in a disabled space. Will not use again."
"I just don't know where to start. C H A O S. That word defines it. It's so crowded there's no room for people at peak times. No room to seat, not enough shops or cafes. It gets overwhelming. Just so you know, I think Stansted is a great airport compared to this one."
"Really bad. Prepaid for a week in the long stay. £61 so fair enough. But arrived at the car park and it was a shambles. The barrier let us in saying there were plenty of spaces but the car park was actually full. We drove round and round as did everyone else before others were just abandoning their cars anywhere. In the end, we had to ring the site office and get permission to park in disabled as otherwise we would have missed our flight. Avoid."
"So much is bad at this airport it's hard to know where to start. It's rated the worst airport in the country and works hard to keep the record. At least my plane was on time. The problem is the airport not the airlines."
"28pounds for 1,28 caution pickpockets"
"After I read the reviews I think everybody is a bunch of liars. Today I took a friend to luton parked in short stays, surprise 😲 1.28 minutes 28pounds. The guy in front of me paid 3 hours 68pounds. Just to pass the gate drop off 3 quid. You are been ripped off or get mugged in this rubbish airport that looks a warehouse. Avoid. Love to meet people who say very cheap. Even Heathrow is 11 hour and only first hour. Feel robbed.... AVOID.... Don't travel from Luton"
"A lot of work has been done at Luton Airport, including the parking, and all is has achieved is to make a poor airport even worse. Drop off is hugely overpriced, very badly designed and the signage unclear (other than the charges you will incur, which is made abundantly clear). Very stressful experience and I wouldn't use this airport again unless truly desperate. Thanks to poor signage, I exited by the wrong barriers, entering the short term car park by accident and had to pay £7 instead of £3. I contacted customer services about this but they were entirely unhelpful, refused to consider a refund for the difference and dismissed my comements about service improvements. They seem to think the service is grand, clearly they don't care much for customers' feedback!"
"Awesome"
"When we returned from out holiday to find our car had been damaged down both sides we were told the car park is not liable even though there is NO fixed CCTV covering the parking spaces and we found there was no 24/7 security on site, both of which they advertise they have. So I have had to pay my insurance policy excess and likely have increased premiums. They would not even refund what we paid to park - never again. I've used valet parking without any problem even though you hear of scare stories, but never again it's taxis all the way now. Don't assume because you're in official parking you are covered, you might as well use the cheapo companies and save yourself a few £££££"
"Awasome"
"Nice"
"I had to drop off my partner for an early morning flight. The design of the new drop off zone and short term car park is seriously flawed. It took about 25 minutes to get from the mid term car park point to the drop off zone because of the queue of cars trying to get in. Once there, there was plenty of places to stop so the queue is the result of having only a one lane approach. Clearly needs a rethink. Then I had to queue to pay to leave the drop off zone. That could have pushed me over the 10 minute limit - would I have to pay because of the queue. And worse still, this queue blocked the entrance to the multi-storey car park. Again, this clearly needs a rethink. Access from the short term car park to the terminal requires going up and down in lifts or the stairs. The whole design of the area is appalling and needs to be re-thought and re-worked."
"Early morning flight no self service passport scans open only 2 people checking passports then after that slow delay baggage took over 40mins ridiculous"
"There is only one thing the owners of Luton airports rip off car Park charges understand PASSANGER NUMBERS. Do not fly from there find another airport. If you keep using the place they will keep robbing you at the airport payment machines."
"Was not happy going through security because my belongings i.e. Handbag with passports money etc went through the scanner before I got through any one could have picked up my bag & belongings considering I was being checked for security reasons I did not feel my belongings were secure anyone could have tampered with them before I managed to retrieve them back"
"Extremely expensive like most things at Luton airport. Some say it's chaos due to the building work but have been using this nearby airport for many years and always chaos. New multistorey car park a long overdue addition and good but, of course, usually twice the price of the others. Drop off an absolute rip off at £3 for 10 minutes."
London Luton Airport Operations Limited is rated 3.71 based on 2,387 reviews