Littlewoods Reviews

Littlewoods have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

15% of reviewers recommend Littlewoods

Clothing
Fashion
Clothing

Telephone

How would you rate Littlewoods ?

"This company has gone terrible since the call centre has been moved from the UK. Been a customer for 16 years with the maximum credit limit and ordered thousands of pounds of goods in that time. regretfully, the time has come to cancel the account. I ordered a Bed and Mattress and paid the addiitonal £35.00 to have the delivery drivers take away my old bed and mattress. The delivery drivers bluntly refused to take away the old bed and mattress even though it had been paid for and was in such a rush to get away, would not bother to contact the office to confirm we had paid for the collection of the old items. Called Littlewoods' south african call centre the same day to be advised that they would re-schedule the collection for the following day. The following day I received an email from Littlewoods confirming the cancellation of my order and asking I call them to arrange for collection of the new bed and mattress and my account had been refunded. I then call LIttlewoods again who advise that the person I initially spoke to cancelled the whole order, refunded my account awaiting return of the new items and that I will not get the old bed and mattress taken away today as I had thought. as you would in this scanario, I demanded that they honour the order and arrange to have the old bed and mattress collected - and I was told that they had refunded the £35.00 collection fee and that I would now have to arrange for the disposal myself !! Asked to speak to a supervisor/manager and was cut off - then spoke to another lady who reinstated the order but said that they would not be able to get the courier to come back just for a collection. I asked to speak to a manager but was told I couldn't so asked to make a complaint and she had to transfer me to another department. Said that they would investigate and placed a £10 credit on my account - still out of pocket, as my local council charge £35.00 to pick up large bulky items. All in all, awful company with zero customer service. If you want my custom back, you bring back UK call centres - otherwise, see ya later............"
"Difficult customer care Unhelpful Very disappointed Won't order anything else from littlewoods or Very in future Faulty Applience I am Going back to shop in Argos In November 2016 I bought an INDESIT cooker, fridge and wash machine online from littlewoods direct, ordered all at same time. It was my birthday so I kind want to treat myself to a new kitchen. By May 2018 4 knobs of the cooker were broken, it fell out one by one within a week while cleaning the cooker. The "member" that connects the four knob to the cooker is made of plastic instead of metal with time it made it frigile to break with a simple touch. There are ONLY 2 knobs left on the cooker that for oven and grill, which the "member" that connects to the cooker are made of metal... Product PD450E8, Indesit, white Cooker is a faulty product. Only two knobs "member" out 6 are made of metal (the other 4 ones) are made of plastic which makes it very easy to break. Anyone thinking of buying this product THINK about it, as I have a cooker at home in perfect condition without Four knobs and I cannot cook meals cooker and I have children at home to feed ( I would add pictures here but there isn't an option to do so). My previous cooker I bought in Argos and spent £200, I had the cooker for 6 years, not a knob missing when I decided to replaced for this one. In fact I gave it to a friend. I spent £429 for this INDESIT cooker that all the knobs fall off within 15 months old. Now I have to pay an extra £22 a month in a period of 12 to pay for warranty to have Indesit company to fix the cooker. I called Littlewoods first to report what happened back in May, the call was answered in India and the customer service was horrendous. I am a very unhappy customer. I been with littlewoods for nearly 5 years in this period I bought sofa, TV, wooden flooring, footwear, kitchen appliences, etc etc... I am very disappointed with products and customer care that I received from littlewoods and I won't be purchased anymore from them. Will take my money elsewhere that will appreciate my money and me as a customer. P.s I just found out that very is same company, I will stay clear from Very too. Please, Check reviews before buying."
"Really bad customer service on phone they haven't got a clue and they just LIE absolute joke of a company. Been a customer for over 20 years it has went way DOWNHILL. Once I have paid off my balance in the next couple of months I will not purchase a single thing from them again.and I have spent thousands over the years with them also customers of mine have spent thousands.but no more. GOODBYE LITTLEWOODS"
"I am absolutely disgusted by the lack of customer service from them. I ordered 4 wooded planters from them. On arrival 1 was broken & the other 3 were substandard. I returned them, it took four attempts for them to actually be collected. On 2 occasions, I received noticed that the driver had attended, but they were not ready. I was at home waiting for them. 4th time lucky, then 2 weeks ago I have 2 phone calls wanting to arrange collection of them. I informed them they had been collected. I checked my account & I have been charged for 3 of them. I contacted them via their web complaints system. Told this was the wrong department & to contact their custom services. 3 tines I contacted them & 3 tines the phone was cut off on me. I still do not know why I have been charged for returned items or why I was cut off. I am absolutely disgusted with them & their lack of understanding of either the word customer or services."
"not even worth 1 star ! absolutely disgusting .. every single time I go to pay on the date due every time they take the money out the bank but says I have not paid . due to them taking the money I wait every time for it to go back into the bank and then pay again! they then add a 12 pound bloody late fee when it is their fault . I have had many chats with advisers from there and they just say ring the bank but not getting my point of its their fault but I have to pay more. also make they are sending your parcel to the correct address , I updated my new address and ordered a hat ( it came to my new address) then ordered a item much bigger it went to my old address ."
"I wouldn’t even give them 1 star! I am absolutely horrified at the way the customer “CARE” team have treated myself and my husband! We have raised a complaint due to YOUR systems not taking our payments! We have had to chase YOU up with this matter which firstly is not our job to do, you should be contacting us. The last call we made was tonight (19th June 2018) at 19:33pm to a man called Seth his attitude towards my husband was vile to say the least he was completely incompetent and rude he also spoke to myself in a bad manner (as he wanted to leave to go home) he made fun out of my mental health and my husbands dyslexia. Someone needs to get in touch with us ASAP as this will not be let go easily. I feel completely outraged with the staffs lack of kindness and knowledge."
"I put my name threw for credit checks it was fine so I got my sons to choose some clothes for them self all fine checked out got a delivery date then a day later got declined phoned up to and was told declined due to security checks what a waist of time gone threw all them emotions when they souls have not lete go threw all that some real one track minded people on those phone lines that may place blocks on you I have no bad credit an never missed a payment some really lost souls work for littlewoods matter fact littlewoods is losing more money due to in competency an workers going of their own threoy"
"They sent me a voucher code to get me interested in purchasing something then when the code didnt work i am told your account is exempt from the code because you havent used your account recently. So you need to buy things at full price to get further codes!!! What a con. Ive now closed my account"
"I never write reviews but feel compelled to in this case. Never have I experienced such a mess with a company in my life! I made an order for the first time with this company - a very simple order of a pair of Nike runners that had a 20% discount on offer so €88 instead of €110. I logged into my account and seen that my name & address was a bit messed up, fixed it & made the order. Received no email of confirmation etc but seen the €88 was pending in my bank account so that was fine. Still no email the next day i logged back into my account only to find the order had been declined? An email would have been nice to notify me! Went onto the online chat and was explained to that the order had been declined as my name & address was mixed up (I had previously fixed it before the order but it somehow came messed up again!) So was told to set up a new account as this couldn't be changed and to reorder and they confirmed my last order would not be processed and no funds will be taken. The runners were back up to €110 so they confirmed that they hold a price guarantee for 28 days and if i reorder and pay the €110 they will refund me the difference so i kept hold of the girl on chat as I set up a new account and reordered, gave her the order number and she said she could do the refund process straight away - on hold for 5 mins and came back to me saying sorry i can't do it until the order is processed which can take 48 hours so come back than - okay fine. Next day logged back in - order declined again, this time the excuse was they don't deliver to a business address so order was cancelled, another chat log they told me the order was declined because i had two accounts and security removed one account (I was told to set up a new account?). In the end a nice man Ian called me and put the order through over the phone for me for the €88 and guess what... to my business address! Received my confirmation email, funds were taken from my account and received my order a week later - hallelujah! Roll on over a week later... i receive an email yesterday saying my order has been processed and on it's way to my home address? Checked my bank account this morning and €110 taken - is this an actual joke? One of the declined orders was processed 2 weeks later!!!!! Back onto chat and a nice girl called Sally was very apologetic and put me through to the track and trace team to cancel the order.. where i was greeted by the rudest staff member i have came across in a long time, I kept saying it's not her fault but i am very annoyed and upset at this point with Littlewoods, the reply's were sarcastic and rude. Waiting now 3-5 days for a refund. My FIRST time ordering from Little Woods Ireland and my LAST time. AVOID at all costs to save your sanity! UPDATE: The item was delivered even though i was told by Littlewoods it would be cancelled (I was out but it got signed for in my absence). I returned it the following morning. They received it on the 13th April and today is the 23rd April where i am still waiting on a refund. On live chat and have been told they can see the return was picked up but no refund on the system. UPDATE: Have made contact with Littlewoods again today the 26th April as have yet to receive a refund and to put it frankly.. they are scratching there heads and have zero idea what is going on."
"Disgusting treatment by 'irene' in call center, left on hold whilst trying to speak to a manager. Just quoted T&C's at me and told me if i read them i might understand. very unhappy - will be cancelling my account and would never ever recommend. never been treated so badly in my life! and they barely speak english!"
"I don’t think any of the advisors have had customer service training. They are very rude, I called 12 times last week, 10 of those calls were disconnected on me. I’ve closed the account and would never recommend them to anyone"
"Where do I begin? Ordered a tub chair and received a text message saying it would be delivered on a certain day. The day came and went and no delivery. Later that evening a neighbour called and said a package with my name on it had been delivered to her house, more specifically thrown over her side gate into the side passageway. My number had been on the package. I retrieved it and immediately complained about the delivery. Upon inspection, the black under-lay of the chair was ripped, which was repairable however there was no hole for the fourth leg, so it was in fact faulty. I rang the next day to arrange a return and was given a specific date and told my account would be credited €10. The day of the return arrived and nobody came. I rang and was told the person I had been speaking to the week previous had given me wrong information, that it took 5 working days for a return delivery to be made and she had no right to give me €10 credit. The next day a delivery driver arrived. 12 days passed and my balance remained the same so I contacted them on social media, to be told that it can take 10 working days to credit. So I I left it another few days then contacted someone on their iChat to be told I needed to give them a returns number. I couldn't because there was no return label with the package once I retrieved it. They told me I had to ring the courier to find this. I did this and got a returns number and rang them with it the next day. They told me the returns number was incorrect and wasn't anything they had on their system. I said it was what their courier gave me and why couldn't they ring to clarify directly. I was put on hold for 20 minutes and then through to Track and Trace and spoke to the rudest person I have ever spoken to, who told me the number didn't exist, that I was lying and that she didn't even work for Littlewoods and didn't really care about the whole thing. I subsequently contacted the social media team who told me the returns number was, in fact, correct and they told me I had to wait 28 days for inspection. I told them that a colleague of theirs had told me the day previous once I gave a returns number I would be credited immediately. I had to threaten them with copying their CEO and marketing staff in on all the communications before they agreed to adjust my balance on my account. Paid off the remainder I owed and never ever giving them my business ever again. Disgraceful behaviour. I tweeted their CEO and as a result, their PR person contacted me to hear my story. It's just not acceptable that it takes all this to simply get what you're entitled to under consumer protections."
"Absolutely terrible service.. if you want stress and anxiety then I would sign up.. customer service is the worst.. laugh at you down the phone over serious issues.. refuse to refund or exchange products that they sold faulty and then accuse you of doing it yourself. Please read the reviews before signing up.. made that mistake.. never again!"
"Absolutely disgusting service provided. Ordered furniture over 6 weeks ago, yet still waiting. Next day delivery. Really ??? Delivery was changed to 2 days later, take time off work to then be left a message saying they won’t be delivering the item & will be in touch soon. 2 weeks later still no update, phone littlewoods who has no idea where the order is. Finally tracks it down and it’s now out of stock. Wait another 2 weeks for a new delivery date. Still out of stock, after phoning littlewoods myself again ! Suppose to be updated on the 17th March & still no update. So track it down myself and turns out they cancelled the order. Quick enough taking the money mind ?! So 6 weeks down the line & still no furniture, another 9 days of waiting & now have to pay £130 more for their mistake ? really. ?! Disgusting customer service, will not use again. What a balls up. One very dissatisfied customer."
"Ordered a bed and mattress which was faulty sent that back reordered a mattress that turned up faulty so sent that back had a new one turn up today which is also faulty again"
"Ordered a dishwasher on Sale for good price on line. Paid in full and with and ETA of Feb 6th was happy enough. Has not arrived yet and had to use my logistical experience to eventually demand a tracking No. for DHL Home delivery service who are not answering the phones as I tried to reach them about 10 times. I can't logon to my account today as "technical issues" I give up at this stage and won't be ordering from Littlewoods again. Not sure if something serious is going on with this Company or just the worst customer experience ever!"
"Abysmally, pathetic service. Eight phone calls to try to order a barbecue! If you are UNLUCKY enough to get an "advisor", it won't be in Great Britain and you will either get cut off or you won't understand the piss-poorly trained incompetents on the other end! I give this shitty company about 6 months before they are bankrupt! Do not waste your time and hard earned money on these useless, expensive pricks! I have using them since 2001 but over past four years have been using them less and less due to sky-rocketing prices and shitty overseas call centres that simply emphasise how far downhill the company has gone!!"
"I like them."
"So I made a online order with littlewoods that came to roughly £85.Something I was happy with the items i got, this morning however I go back on to check if it had updated delivery info only to find my last order was being charged at £122.32 just over a £37 pound Difference... so I called up to ask why only to be told it was due to different online prices to what the 'system' is showing I then had to incur a conversation over half an hour long to wait and have him price check each item one at a time and then have them credit me the difference basically. So if I hadn't of noticed the price difference on the order they would have happily charged me way over, how many people ordered the same like me on faulsly advertised items with incorrect pricing? Scummy scammers"
"Very bad bad customer service you can't just ring up the ones and get the issue dealt with you have to ring up on teen times and they still don't know what they are doing with you or sorting out your issues very overpriced items really thinking about closing my account"
Littlewoods is rated 1.64 based on 133 reviews