Italian Short Breaks Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Italian Short Breaks

Tell us how Italian Short Breaks made you happy

Telephone
David Hinchcliffe
"Good hotel, good location, best seats for the opera's, very well organised by Weekend a' la Carte. Only down side, I chose Manchester Airport, my mistake. Love Italy, still love Italy."
Andrew Haldane
"Verona and the Opera was spectacular as was Hotel Accademia. Overall the trip went well and we had a most enjoyable short break. The seating at the opera was perfect and allowed a great view of the fantastic show."
Kevin Burston
"Excellent Hotel, IRS’s class transfers and Itinerary. I highly recommend the Verona break. I received a bottle of fizz on my Birthday which was a lovely surprise. Thank you to Italian Short Breaks."
"We thoroughly enjoyed our short break in Milan. The highlight was the opera at La Scala which was wonderful. The organisation was excellent and we enjoyed eating at one of your recommended restaurants. We will certainly be recommending your Company to our friends."
Good morning Robin,

Thank you for your great feedback. So pleased to hear you had a wonderful time in MIlan. I will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Hannah
"A really splendid trip, and all the promised events worked out perfectly - the chauffeur driven car to/from the airport, good and centrally located hotel, and tickets for La Scala (La Traviata) starring P Domingo - bravo! Only quibble is that the final details were only sent to us less than a week before departure and after requesting them."
Good afternoon Mark,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I'm so pleased you had a wonderful time in Milan and got to see Placido Domingo at La Scala!

My apologies for not being able to get the travel pack out faster to you. We were waiting on our suppier to provide the last details and in the process held this up.

I will make sure everyone involved sees your feedback and hope you will consider us again for your next trip!

Hannah
"Excellent. Hotel really well placed, good breakfast, comfortable room and useful rooftop pool for relaxing. Front desk variable. Lunch in hotel restaurant prior to departure very good and unhurried. La Scala excellent; thank you. We could have arrived 30 mins ahead though. Last Supper excellent as was the church and cloister. Voucher needed to be exchanged (not just presented) at a building a further 20 m to the left of the one your pic identified. Atmosfera Tram Dinner superb evening - adopted by an Italian group of 8 who sang away- lovely final night. Transfers worked well. Flights victims of wind and other incidents. We also went to Duomo (too many tourists!) St Ambrogio church - a gem as well as free and empty - and an exhibition of Da Vinci's models which was superior to the equivalent in Amboise. Thank you; we will recommend you to others and hope that the Aurora Nights trip (which looks interesting) lives up to your standard. Booking service impeccable."
Good afternoon Chris,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I'm so pleased you had a wonderful time in Milan.

I will make sure everyone involved sees your feedback.

In terms of your Aurora Nights trip, do you need me to put you in contact with my colleague Kevin who arranges this?

Hannah
"A brilliant midweek break. Hotel & activities could not have been better put together - the "tin hat" came when we found Placido Domingo was performing at the Opera!"
Good afternoon Chris,

Hannah
"This is my second opera trip with Italian Short Breaks and I am delighted with the company. Everything is very well organised, first class tickets, excellent accommodation. I will certainly use them agin if I decide on another short break.n Wonderful!"
Good afternoon Pamela,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am so pleased you had a second fantastic trip and will forward your comments to everyone involved.

I hope you will consider us again in the future for your next trip!

Hannah
"The weekend was very good for us and the Italian Short Break arrangements worked almost entirely as advertised. The opera, the real purpose of the trip, was everything we could have hoped and more; simply magnificent. The hotel which was reasonably good though not exceptional but certainly in an excellent position. The “almost” refers to the “Last Supper “ visit which was on the itinerary as a “Guided Tour”. We found the ticket office, obtained our tickets and were enthralled by the picture but no guide appeared and we were unclear what, if anything, we should be doing to find one. In the Santa Maria refectory there were two guided groups, neither using English. Perhaps we misunderstood the itinerary in some way? Did we?"
Good afternoon Bruce,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent Milan trip.

Usually The Last Supper tour is guided with a small group, however, I understand from our supplier on that day no guides were available. I am sorry you missed out on this part of the tour, but glad you got to still see this amazing fresco. I will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Hannah
"A memorable short break - travel, taxi, hotel, opera all wonderful thank you."
Good morning Jo,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback on your recent trip. I am so pleased you had a great time, and will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Hannah
"We had a break in Milan for the opera at La Scala, followed by a three day stay at Lake Maggiore. This was one of the best organised trips ever with chauffeur driven cars from the airport, to lake Maggiore and back to the airport. All at great times and with stays in the best hotels. It could not have been better."
Good afternoon Michael,

I'm so pleased to hear everything went as planned and you had a wonderful time in Milan and Lake Maggiore. I will pass your feedback to everyone involved.

Hannah
"Thank you so much for arranging a perfect three day break for us . The hotel was perfectly placed for us to walk everywhere . It even had a little swimming pool. The opera was marvellous! Very many thanks for a first class service Kind regards Mo Hinchcliffe"
"Pre-journey paperwork very clear & informative. Flights & transfers very good. Hotel Accademia excellent. Ideally positioned for a short break. The Verona cards were a nice touch. We made good use of them. The Arena & the Opera (Carmen) were magnificent. It was a brilliant trip. Thanks very much to Hannah Netting. Shirley Peach & everybody at Italian Short Breaks"
Good afternoon Richard,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent Verona trip. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time and everything went as planned. I will make sure everyone involved sees this feedback.

Hannah
"We had a truly wonderful time in Verona. Everything was beautifully organised and the hotel Arcadia was amazing. The 2 operas were everything we hoped for and we were so lucky as the Saturday night was rained off for first time this year! There was only 1 small hitch which was quickly sorted out. We would really recommend Weekend a la Carte."
Good morning Deborah,

Thank you for your great feedback on your recent Verona trip. I am so pleased you had a great time, and will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Hannah
"Very good seats at the Opera and we’ll sited hotel made this a very special occasion"
Good morning Yvonne,

Hannah
"Excellent service by private car transfers.. First class hotels and very good seats at the Arena for the Opera."
Good morning John,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am so pleased you had a great time in Verona and will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Hannah
"Everything worked like clockwork. The hotel was excellent, the cars were clean and on time, the opera seats were very good. I would certainly recommend both Italian Short Breaks and Vertours to anyone wishing to enjoy an opera break in Verona"
Good morning Leslie,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time in Verona and will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Hannah
"This is the 4th trip I’ve taken with Weekebd a la Carte - for the Palio in Siena. Again, everything brilliantly organised and everyone went to plan. Can’t recommend them highly enough. Sara"
Good afternoon Sara,

Thank you for your great feedback on your recent Siena Palio trip. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time and will forward to everyone involved.

I hope you will consider us again for your fifth trip!

Hannah
"Perfect organisation of my trip to Siena for the Palio. The hotel was extremely well choosen. And all the rest of my stay was also of very good quality. I can only recommend it."
Good morning Michel,

Thank you for your great feedback on your recent trip to the SIena Palio. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time and everything went to plan. I will send the feedback onto everyone involved.

Hannah
"I described, in broad terms, what I wanted: Verona operas, Lake Garda, and the Palio in Siena, and let Weekends a la Carte fill in the blanks. They were most cooperative, most selective in the places we stayed, and the travel arrangements were uniformly excellent. Good personal service from Hannah Netting also. We would definitely use this company again, and recommend them highly."
Dear Ken,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am so pleased all elements of your trip worked perfectly, and you had a great time. I will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Hannah
"Thank you so much for organising our wonderful trip to Verona and Lake Garda. The hotels were excellent and perfect for our needs. Our seats for the Opera were superb. The Verona city pass was very useful for sightseeing and much appreciated. Our boat trip and guided tour of Lake Garda island was very enjoyable. We would not hesitate to recommend the company."
Good morning Brian,

Thank you for your great feedback, I'm so pleased you had a wonderful time in Verona and Lake Garda. I will pass on your feedback to everyone involved.

Hannah
"Thank you. The weekend was amazing. The bottle of champagne was a wonderful start to my husbands 70th birthday celebration. Hotel was perfect location, calm and quiet, lovely room and amenities. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a bit mediocre, but ok for us. We ate in some amazing restaurants every evening. Would recommend Osteria Le vecete - fantastic food, ambience and service. My one suggestion would be to be very clear in your information on what the dress code is for the opera, as we didnt see tickets until arriving at hotel. I got impression of smart casual. The gold tickets indicated formal attire. On enquiring at the hotel reception, I was informed that my husband needed to wear long sleeve shirt and a jacket, not necessarily a tie. Unfortunately he did not have a jacket - as so hot. We went shopping and bought a jacket which was fine. However when we went to the opera on Sunday night the dress code we had been given, did not appear to be enforced. There were men in jeans, short sleeve shirts.........etc. We did however have great seats and the experience was delightful. We both thoroughly enjoyed Carmen. Thank you again"
"Everything went exactly to plan, perfect arrangements, accommodation and entertainment. Thank-you."
Good morning David,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your Lucca trip. I am so pleased you had a great time, and will forward to everyone involved.

Italian Short Breaks is rated 4.90 based on 194 reviews