Italian Short Breaks Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Italian Short Breaks

How would you rate Italian Short Breaks?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Harvey Faerestrand
Harvey Faerestrand
Verified Buyer
"The whole experience was absolutely wonderful. The pickup at the airport and return journey to the airport was faultless in lovely cars, the hotel was first class and we appeared to have been upgraded to a suite. The seats at the opera were excellent and the opera was unforgettable. Thank you all very much and thank you for the complimentary bottle of prosecco to start our ruby wedding celebrations off in style."
Fiona Tooley
Fiona Tooley
Verified Buyer
"The support from the booking to taking the holiday was first class. Well worth using an experienced agent for. Everything worked well from arriving at Heathrow - to being met at Venice airport and transferred by water taxi to the Hotel Metropole where the staff were the best I have come across for many years - nothing was too much bother - they liked to tell you about the hotel, its services and the culture and experience of Venice. It was certainly a very memorable weekend and to share the Venetian celebration of the Festa del Redentore was unique and fantastic! recommend the hotel definitely! Having used Weekend a la carte a number of times I would highly recommend them - you can leave for your holiday knowing it will all go to plan. Thank you"
Rodger Webb
Rodger Webb
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service from Hannah and the team. Verona is a lovely city with great restaurants and cafes. You eat at moderately priced places or more! Italy isn't cheap but it is beautiful. Trip to Lake Garda was excellent as was the tour round Isola Garda. We decided not to bother with the time in Simeone as it was absolutely heaving; instead we went back to Verona and had a brilliant time just watching all the activities in the square. Thoroughly recommend."
Ross Hanson
Verified Buyer
"Another well organized trip which went very smoothly. Thanks to Hannah Netting for her impeccable planning and helpful suggestions. Thanks too for sorting out flowers for Valentines Day in Florence! Hotels in Rome and Florence were superb in terms of comfort and location. They were very different, one very traditional and one very luxurious, but well chosen. Our guide Ingrid for the Forum was very knowledgeable and good company. Our guide Davide at the Vatican was superb. Taxi drivers for transfers in Florence were both excellent. We felt safe and well looked after. We loved everything about the Hotel Brunelleschi and would not hesitate to return. All the staff were excellent, especially Sergio on reception and the front office Manager. We are glad you recommended the Firenze Card which enabled us to pack in plenty of sightseeing and beating the queues at each attraction. We didn’t realize we had to pick up the actual card from a ticket office until we tried to go to the Boboli Gardens, but after a swift walk we were sorted! Thanks again. Caroline and Ross"
Good afternoon Ross,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback, I am so pleased you both had a great time. I have forwarded your feedback to everyone involved.

You are right - the hotels are quite different to each other and I think reflect the city rather well.

George Morris
Verified Buyer
"My friend, Helen, had long wished to see Venice at Carnivale; and I was charged to realise a dream. With the help of these folk - Italian Short Breaks - that was achieved. Our hotel - the Metropole - was of the first water. One of those places that does cost a little more but that shows you from the start that your investment is going to give excellent returns. From our arrival (by water taxi) via many days of pampering (and not overlooking unspeakably excellent hot chocolate) we felt welcomed and indulged throughout. A highlight of our trip was to participate in the Mascheranda; which we both really enjoyed. That, together with walking through the city in our costumes - not necessarily something I had been looking forward to, by the way - proved an excellent experience and really made us feel part of the carnival rather than just observers. Well done, Italian Short Breaks; and many thanks to you and yours all."
Good afternoon George,

Thank you for your great feedback, I am so pleased you had a wonderful time at the Mascheranda Venetian Carnival ball. I will make sure everyone involved is updated.

Keith Faulkner
Verified Buyer
"The combination of the Orient Express and the Hotel Metropole in Venice which was suggested was absolutely perfect, as was the Michelin star taster meal The organisation and transfers all went completely smoothly. The hotel even provided a free bottle of sparkling wine on the evening of the special meal"
Ellen Clark
Verified Buyer
"Everything was in place as specified all of high quality. Guide Donna was brilliant although we were a bit late meeting her - our fault."
Good afternoon Ellen,

Thank you for your lovely feedback, of which I will pass on to everyone involved.

Susan Hardwick
Verified Buyer
"Organisation very efficient. Excellent seats at La Scala. Transfers on time and comfortable. Wondered what the definition of a Superior room was at the Rosa Grand hotel? Although both rooms were comfortable neither had any view. One was far lighter than the other which was much smaller and darker. Also the second room had no bath although the shower was spacious. Staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly."
Good afternoon Susan,

Thank you for your lovely feedback in regards to your recent Milan trip. I am sorry to hear the rooms were not as they should be and will look into this. We always forward all feedback to everyone involved.

Robyn Hughes
Verified Buyer
"All the arrangements were spot on from the meet and greet at the airport to the taxi pick up at the end of our break."
Good afternoon Robyn,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I am so pleased you had a great time in Venice. I will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Shirley Newton
Verified Buyer
"Being met at the airport and taken back at the end. The guide was excellent although we were not told we would have to pay for a return taxi to see the last supper mural"
Good afternoon Shirley,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent Milan trip with us. I will forward this to everyone involved.

I'm a little bit confused about your comment about the taxi - as it is around a 15-20mins walk from The Last Supper to your hotel, we do offer the option of either walking or arranging your own taxi locally, so not quite sure what happened here.

Stephen Harcombe
Verified Buyer
"All arrangements worked faultlessly, including the airport transfers. Hotel was very good, and the seats at the opera were wonderful"
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to your Verona opera trip. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time, and will forward this to everyone involved.

I hope you will consider us again for your next adventure!

Nigel Phillips
Verified Buyer
"Having a car available is the best."
Anne Richardson
Verified Buyer
"This trip was very well organised with transfers and pickups on time; pleasant drivers and good cars. Our hotel (The Accademia) was really very good indeed and very central. All the excursions were also very efficiently managed. Thanks very much. Great trip."
Good morning Anne,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am so pleased you had a lovely time in Verona, and will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Monique Keersmaekers
Verified Buyer
"It was 5 star service from the moment we arrived in Verona. Pick up service spot on, Ana was very nice. Hotel and staff both in Verona and Venice was exceptional and the seats at the opera amazing. The whole experience was absolutely perfect"
Good morning Monique,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am so pleased you had a lovely time in Verona and Venice, and will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Victoria Davies
Verified Buyer
"Everything went according to plan. Excellent seating in the Arena to see the opera, hotel ideal for walking into Verona old town and to the Arena. The staff at the hotel were friendly and welcoming, also the rooms were well appointed and comfortable.. The Verona card proved to be ideal and good value for money for the short break as we were able to use public transport and access the sites with ease. On balance, the trip exceeded our expectations. thank you."
Good morning Victoria,

Andrew Goodall
Verified Buyer
"All arrangements went smoothly Able to change a train journey last minute due to traffic jams and delay All rooms top standard Great view at Lake Garda Transfers very efficient polite drivers"
Good morning Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so pleased you had a great time in Verona and Lake Garda, despite the traffic jams and delays. I will pass your feedback to everyone involved.

Hannah
"The hotel was excellent, and the location perfect. Verona is a beautiful city and the resaurants we used of Dante and Pietra Pontre were fantastic and made our 10th anniversary very special."
Good morning Mick,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It sounds like you had a great time in Verona, and I will forward your comments to everyone involved.

Julian Gardner
Verified Buyer
"Transfers were really smooth with lovely limos. The hotel was fabulous, with lots of polite and extremely helpful staff. The constantly available drinks and the hors d'oeuvre availble in the bar were a nice bonus. The tours we took were pretty expensive but worth it for the personal touch. We didn't need to book hold baggage for a short stay and only took cabin baggage. That was rather a waste of money so maybe clients should have their attention drawn to the fact that there is a choice on that one. Aida at the coliseum was wonderful and we had the best seats in the place! Fabulous. You don't need to be an opera lover to enjoy a spectacle like this! Verdict: Expensive but worth it."
Good morning Julian,

Thank you for your great feedback, I am so pleased you had a wonderful time, and will pass your comments onto everyone involved.

Catriona Gillies
Verified Buyer
"Very well organised - responded to specific requests and put together exactly the itinerary I wanted."
Good morning Catriona,

Gary Walker
Verified Buyer
"All pick-ups and arrangements with hotels etc. went smoothly and there were no hick-ups. Full marks to your staff."
Good morning Gary,

Ross Hanson
Verified Buyer
"Excellent choice of Hotels and smooth transfers."
Good afternoon Ross,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time in Verona. I will forward your feedback to everyone involved.

Stephen Ginn
Verified Buyer
"Hotel was elegant and provided excellent and friendly service. Our opera seats were exceptionally good (4 rows from front). Pick-ups from/to airport efficient and punctual."
Good afternoon Stephen,

Shirley Cullis
Verified Buyer
"Our journeys to and from Verona went smoothly including prompt transfers in Verona. The Accademia hotel is somewhere we have stayed before and our room, the service and breakfast were all very good. Our opera tickets were at Reception as described and we were given a map of Verona and points of interest marked, on arrival, a nice touch. A bottle of chilled wine and snacks were in our room. The opera itself was stunnning and the arena makes it special. The Verona passes were invaluable and used in conjunction with a hop on hop off bus. Thank you to all your team including Shirley who responded to my emails."
Good afternoon Shirley,