Hughes Direct Reviews

11% of reviewers recommend Hughes Direct

How would you rate Hughes Direct?

35 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Hughes Direct in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"This company is not to be trusted! I've had to cancel an order of a tumble dryer which has never arrived to me. Their courier Arrow XL claim they never received it and now Hughes won't give me my money back because they claim they still haven't got the machine back. They have shown not a bit of interested in either helping me to get my goods delivered to me or giving me the refund which I'm entitled to. These people are cowboys and should not be allowed to trade"
"Products are OK and well priced but delivery & installation is painful. I've ordered twice from them in the last year. The first time they wouldn't install my dishwasher as it "wouldn't fit" (I done it in 5 minutes alone and have zero man skills, i was refunded the installation charge but still annoying). The second time they refused to take my old washing machine away as it apparently it wasn't on their paperwork to do so. Now i never got a proper email order confirmation (I couldn't open it for some reason) so because of this and due to my previous experience I'd called customer services to check all was OK with the order prior to delivery and been told all was fine. Now I've got a washing machine in my garden. Worst thing was how i was treated when i phoned to complain, i was spoken to rudely and condescendingly. Fair enough if i'd ticked the wrong box but couldn't this have been pointed out when i phoned to check? Customer lost and i shall tell everyone i know how terrible they are."
"DO NO USE THIS DISHONEST COMPANY EVER We brought a lap top which went wrong within the guarantee, took it back and was told that despite Hughes selling it we had to contact manufacturers, so we did so and they said we should have taken it to retailer. I said we did and they did not want to know. However I now have to fill a form online ( which I can not as laptop broken) and so will have to go back to Hughes to see if they fulfil their legal obligations. Hughes did not want to know about our faulty product and said it was nothing to do with them"
"Everything. Do not use this company as they are dishonest with very bad customer service."
"The Bosch oven has been sat in my lounge since delivery; on carpet, wrapped in all it's packaging where the courier left it, because I have no kitchen to put it in yet! The package had damaged cardboard on top but no apparent damage to the oven from the little I could see. The courier assured me i didn't have to sign anything as she was taking a photo. I have only just partially unwrapped the oven from its wood, polystyrene and plastic to find that the side metal is severely damaged, you couldn't install it if you wanted to! Clearly damaged prior to delivery. Hughes are now trying to wash their hands of it. Quoted their "Terms" because I didn't inform them within 48 hrs...I think I was sold damaged goods/seconds. They need reminding about Consumer Rights. I hope they sort it out because I have no appetite to go legal, but I will if necessary."
"Don’t buy from this company. A nightmare when something goes wrong! Go to a safe place like John Lewis"
"Only used Hughes once, certainly never again. Ordered a washing machine and paid nearly £50 for fast delivery, installation and removal of the old machine. ArrowXL Delivery men turned up without tools and said they only had instruction to pick-up and drop-off. I'll stick to John Lewis next time"
"ordered a fridge, had a delivery date of 11th September, took day off work, waited in, in end rang Hughes who said yes that was delivery date, and would ring back,. Said they could not deliver then, but would ring back, did not , rang them several times, was told my delivery date was 11th Sept and I had the fridge. I do not. Now the date is end of October - do not trust them, and why did they not contact me to say delivery was delayed . DO NOT Trust."
"DO NOT buy from this company. They are taking peoples money and using a dodgy delivery company called ArrowXL to lie that there was no one to receive the goods and later cancel the order and keep the money ( to earn some sort of interest or divident until they are forced to return it) It has been 10 days and I paid £639 for my Bosch washing maschine and extra for express delivery but STILL waiting for it. Now I found out in the dodgy ArrowXL Delivery website that my order which was supposed to be delivered today is cancelled. AVOID AVOID AVOID Anyone using ArrowXL for delivery service. All these companies are taking your money to earn extra income by holding on to it as long as they can."
"I would not give even 1 star. The item seems to have been dispatched with some dodgy company outsourcing deliveries meaning they lied on the delivery card that I was not home and further sent an electronic message for failed delivery - unfortunately both timed after my telephone call to the office. The item also never got taken back to the depot so they could not rearrange delivery for me. I have in effect given over £400 to a dodgy company who may never have had an item for me. I never got to see the washing machine I ordered. DO NOT USE!!!!!!"
"On Fri I contacted Hughes and spoke to Nikisha in Birmingham who was extremely helpful. She transferred my item which I collected on Saturday morning - fantastic customer service and speedy delivery!!"
"My washing machine of four months broke down ( bra underwire !!! ) Hughes sent out an engineer who looked at the issue. He called his manager and they came back with " Got to take it away , 2 hrs labour £150 ( !! ) plus parts ..total £275. Hotpoint came and looked..." £120..half hour job".Some difference there !!!"
"Every year I go back to Hughes in Felixstowe Road and I am blown away by the astounding customer service. My first visit 3 years ago left me incredibly satisfied and I did not think it could be better. Each year I return hoping for a good deal, but these guys go above and beyond consistently to help you get what you are looking for at the best price. There are 3 people who have helped me more than once. The first is Laura and the other 2 guys I forgot to get their names. The culture in this store for customer service is outstanding and I must mention on line. Well Done Guys ! Good job😊"
"Washing machine on rental, broken for weeks, won't reply to calls or emails and then they wonder why you don't pay your rental!!! Appalling"
"Got to Hughes Electrical noticed that they do rental agreements so as I could not afford a new dishwasher I thought this would be a good idea, the guy took all my details and said that there is no credit check which I thought was a little suspicious but then went ahead with all the details that he needed. Get phone call to say it wont go through what a waste of time. I would not buy/rent anything from them as they get your hopes up only to have a NO. Very poor"
"Delivered a Panasonic washing machine. ArrowXL who were the contracted 3rd party advised we had a blockage in the water so they could not fit, Promptly left it in the middle of the kitchen with the old machine advising us to contact a plumber. Plumber came. No issues with water but machine had been dropped as both steel supporting bars snapped and bent! Hughes promised to deliver another maching 2 days later. This time ArrowXL dtated that we were not in. Both my wife and son were. The director of hughes dealing with complaint does not see why this there problem. Sums the company up. Will never deal with this company or Arrow XL again and would urge all to avoid like the plague"
"I purchased a TV from Hughes using Tesco Direct. The delivery date was Saturday so I put my home address in for delivery. Then I got a call saying the delivey is postponed and I'll get the parcel on Monday. I tried to tell them then I need to update my delivery address because of their postpone but they just didn't understand it and I finally gave up. Today I got a call from arrow xl saying the parcel will be delivered during the day and if I am not at home the delivery will be postponed again. So I took a day off and came home. Guess what? Still no items. I emailed them like 30 times, listened to their unbearable customer service background music for almost 20 minutes and in return I got a big zero. Neither no one picked up the phone nor I got a response email. I work as a contractor and just to win a couple pounds I purchased this item at black Friday. Today I took a day off and it seems like I have to take another day off because of these people's incompetency. It's like I lost a new TV money because of this. Who will compensate my loss? I'll stick with the amazon from now on an the hell with this rubbish people..."
"Tried to order TV from web page, payment was not accepted but checked bank account and payment has been taken. Called today, absolutely no trace of order in their system but when I said I'd received an email confirming refund they replied oh yes should be in within 2-3 days. No explanation to as to why this has happened and no apology. Awful service from a compa like this"
"Bought Soundbar from hughes and requested a return 33 days later as was away from country for 3 weeks. Instead of courteous response denying refund, the email reads "i am sorry, I can only go by delivery date." " You are past your 30 days at this point""
Lynn Tarrant
Verified Reviewer
"Hughes failed to upload a file to the delivery company which meant that 100 s of customers did not get their items delivered on the day they were expecting them. Instead of forming a plan of how they would deal with this and minimise the disruption to their customers, they just asked the delivery company to tell customers that the item would be delivered on a different day, I only found out when I got in from work the night before the delivery. Hughes refused to help in any way by giving the option of a delivery slot so I didn't have to have another whole day off of work. They were not interested in my problem at all. They did nothing to rectify the mistake and help the customer. Appalling customer service"
Hughes Direct is rated 1.60 based on 35 reviews