Hughes Direct Reviews

18% of reviewers recommend Hughes Direct
5PM
5PM

About Hughes Direct: Hughes Direct is your number one electrical store for plasma, dvd, mp3, washers and lcd. With 34 Hughes Stores, 8 Apollo stores and 5 regional service centres, we are Amazons largest electrical Affiliate partner! We also have strong relationships with with Play.com and Pixmania.

Hughes Electrical Direct, 259 Felixstowe Road, Ipswich

Sound & Vision
Computers & Laptops
Digital Cameras

Tell us how Hughes Direct made you happy

"Awful customer service. Hughes claims to take customer service seriously. First, when ordering online, the final price kept mysteriously adding on £10 - even their online chat couldn't work out why. Second - delivery. Hughes staff gave us a delivery date and confirmed it was booked in. The logistics company then called us. We told them we'd had a delivery date confirmed by Hughes. Logistics said nothing booked in. Contacted Hughes. They told us logistics were wrong and confirmed delivery date. Another call from logistics. Another call to Hughes who once again confirmed a delivery date and told us to ignore the logistics company. Took the day off work. Phoned to find where the product was to be told it wasn't scheduled for delivering and never had been! Wrote a letter of complaint to Hughes. The replay stated that it was all due to miscommunication at their end and that they had given us the wrong information, but, as we had rearranged delivery and now had the product, they weren't prepared to compensate us for the day's holiday I took in order to be home for a non existent delivery."
Are you Hughes Direct? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Hughes Direct receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Went in Sutton Coldfield electrical store. Enquirer about a product. 2 staff stood together. Both laughed. One said she'd never heard of the product and the other said you'd have to be old to remember one of those saying they don't sell in store anymore. She then just walked off. Rude. Felt embarrassed and won't be walking in store again any time soon ..."
"Alid at hunstanton branch was fantastic my computer would not accept my tom tom account he spent several hours sorting it for me in between serving customers what a great team in hunstanton thank you, you are the best sheila a very satisfied customer."
"Put at ease as soon as I walked in the shop Staff very knowledgable and helpful with finding the product I needed. Installed effectively and with minimum disruption. Will use again when needed"
"Extremely poor customer service. Rude and defensive. Won't accept their mistake and very reluctant to help. Once Hughes gets your money then it's a middle finger for you."
"Would 0 star if I could Hughes Norwich what a joke you had our washing machine 6 wks then came back worse then when took it Now you have had our cooker over a wk and surprise surprise it's came back broke with a different problem after being messed around all day with it being delivered back should have been a morning delivery but got told will not be will be between 12 n 3 than just 12 you phone to rebook delivery because driver said I cancelled it then you finally delivered it and the hobs didn't work then someone called Karl from Hall Rd store phone to say someone will be out Monday and couldn't make him understand couldn't do any day next wk."
"I phone the company for a replacement of my microwave this morning,not even 2 rings and I speak to James,extremely helpful and not even 5min later he makes a appointment to get me a replacement. Thank you James."
"Awful company. Microwave set on fire due to a fault only purchased in December. Sent a rude email claiming it was lack of cleanliness that caused it and insinuated there was no fault and that we could return it to them but we would be charged for postage and a repair so we are best contacting the manufacturer. AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"To James and team, many thanks for a swift and efficient service , problem solved with a satisfactory outcome Vince ."
"Do not mistake these sellers with 'Hughes'. These are Hughes Direct and I have experienced rude and abrupt customer service and if your product is faulty: 1) pay for a return yourself (illegal) 2) go to the manufacturer (your contract is with the seller not the manufacturer). Go somewhere trustworthy, as Hughes Direct aren't."
"Terrible customer service. Avoid. If your product goes faulty they refuse to help you. Will never buy from them again."
"This company is not to be trusted! I've had to cancel an order of a tumble dryer which has never arrived to me. Their courier Arrow XL claim they never received it and now Hughes won't give me my money back because they claim they still haven't got the machine back. They have shown not a bit of interested in either helping me to get my goods delivered to me or giving me the refund which I'm entitled to. These people are cowboys and should not be allowed to trade"
"Products are OK and well priced but delivery & installation is painful. I've ordered twice from them in the last year. The first time they wouldn't install my dishwasher as it "wouldn't fit" (I done it in 5 minutes alone and have zero man skills, i was refunded the installation charge but still annoying). The second time they refused to take my old washing machine away as it apparently it wasn't on their paperwork to do so. Now i never got a proper email order confirmation (I couldn't open it for some reason) so because of this and due to my previous experience I'd called customer services to check all was OK with the order prior to delivery and been told all was fine. Now I've got a washing machine in my garden. Worst thing was how i was treated when i phoned to complain, i was spoken to rudely and condescendingly. Fair enough if i'd ticked the wrong box but couldn't this have been pointed out when i phoned to check? Customer lost and i shall tell everyone i know how terrible they are."
"DO NO USE THIS DISHONEST COMPANY EVER We brought a lap top which went wrong within the guarantee, took it back and was told that despite Hughes selling it we had to contact manufacturers, so we did so and they said we should have taken it to retailer. I said we did and they did not want to know. However I now have to fill a form online ( which I can not as laptop broken) and so will have to go back to Hughes to see if they fulfil their legal obligations. Hughes did not want to know about our faulty product and said it was nothing to do with them"
"Everything. Do not use this company as they are dishonest with very bad customer service."
"The Bosch oven has been sat in my lounge since delivery; on carpet, wrapped in all it's packaging where the courier left it, because I have no kitchen to put it in yet! The package had damaged cardboard on top but no apparent damage to the oven from the little I could see. The courier assured me i didn't have to sign anything as she was taking a photo. I have only just partially unwrapped the oven from its wood, polystyrene and plastic to find that the side metal is severely damaged, you couldn't install it if you wanted to! Clearly damaged prior to delivery. Hughes are now trying to wash their hands of it. Quoted their "Terms" because I didn't inform them within 48 hrs...I think I was sold damaged goods/seconds. They need reminding about Consumer Rights. I hope they sort it out because I have no appetite to go legal, but I will if necessary."
"Don’t buy from this company. A nightmare when something goes wrong! Go to a safe place like John Lewis"
"Only used Hughes once, certainly never again. Ordered a washing machine and paid nearly £50 for fast delivery, installation and removal of the old machine. ArrowXL Delivery men turned up without tools and said they only had instruction to pick-up and drop-off. I'll stick to John Lewis next time"
"ordered a fridge, had a delivery date of 11th September, took day off work, waited in, in end rang Hughes who said yes that was delivery date, and would ring back,. Said they could not deliver then, but would ring back, did not , rang them several times, was told my delivery date was 11th Sept and I had the fridge. I do not. Now the date is end of October - do not trust them, and why did they not contact me to say delivery was delayed . DO NOT Trust."
"DO NOT buy from this company. They are taking peoples money and using a dodgy delivery company called ArrowXL to lie that there was no one to receive the goods and later cancel the order and keep the money ( to earn some sort of interest or divident until they are forced to return it) It has been 10 days and I paid £639 for my Bosch washing maschine and extra for express delivery but STILL waiting for it. Now I found out in the dodgy ArrowXL Delivery website that my order which was supposed to be delivered today is cancelled. AVOID AVOID AVOID Anyone using ArrowXL for delivery service. All these companies are taking your money to earn extra income by holding on to it as long as they can."
Hughes Direct is rated 1.82 based on 45 reviews