Hughes Direct Reviews

Hughes Direct have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

14% of reviewers recommend Hughes Direct
01AM
1AM

How would you rate Hughes Direct ?

"Extremely poor customer service. Rude and defensive. Won't accept their mistake and very reluctant to help. Once Hughes gets your money then it's a middle finger for you."
"Would 0 star if I could Hughes Norwich what a joke you had our washing machine 6 wks then came back worse then when took it Now you have had our cooker over a wk and surprise surprise it's came back broke with a different problem after being messed around all day with it being delivered back should have been a morning delivery but got told will not be will be between 12 n 3 than just 12 you phone to rebook delivery because driver said I cancelled it then you finally delivered it and the hobs didn't work then someone called Karl from Hall Rd store phone to say someone will be out Monday and couldn't make him understand couldn't do any day next wk."
"I phone the company for a replacement of my microwave this morning,not even 2 rings and I speak to James,extremely helpful and not even 5min later he makes a appointment to get me a replacement. Thank you James."
"Awful company. Microwave set on fire due to a fault only purchased in December. Sent a rude email claiming it was lack of cleanliness that caused it and insinuated there was no fault and that we could return it to them but we would be charged for postage and a repair so we are best contacting the manufacturer. AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"To James and team, many thanks for a swift and efficient service , problem solved with a satisfactory outcome Vince ."
"Do not mistake these sellers with 'Hughes'. These are Hughes Direct and I have experienced rude and abrupt customer service and if your product is faulty: 1) pay for a return yourself (illegal) 2) go to the manufacturer (your contract is with the seller not the manufacturer). Go somewhere trustworthy, as Hughes Direct aren't."
"Terrible customer service. Avoid. If your product goes faulty they refuse to help you. Will never buy from them again."
"This company is not to be trusted! I've had to cancel an order of a tumble dryer which has never arrived to me. Their courier Arrow XL claim they never received it and now Hughes won't give me my money back because they claim they still haven't got the machine back. They have shown not a bit of interested in either helping me to get my goods delivered to me or giving me the refund which I'm entitled to. These people are cowboys and should not be allowed to trade"
"Products are OK and well priced but delivery & installation is painful. I've ordered twice from them in the last year. The first time they wouldn't install my dishwasher as it "wouldn't fit" (I done it in 5 minutes alone and have zero man skills, i was refunded the installation charge but still annoying). The second time they refused to take my old washing machine away as it apparently it wasn't on their paperwork to do so. Now i never got a proper email order confirmation (I couldn't open it for some reason) so because of this and due to my previous experience I'd called customer services to check all was OK with the order prior to delivery and been told all was fine. Now I've got a washing machine in my garden. Worst thing was how i was treated when i phoned to complain, i was spoken to rudely and condescendingly. Fair enough if i'd ticked the wrong box but couldn't this have been pointed out when i phoned to check? Customer lost and i shall tell everyone i know how terrible they are."
"DO NO USE THIS DISHONEST COMPANY EVER We brought a lap top which went wrong within the guarantee, took it back and was told that despite Hughes selling it we had to contact manufacturers, so we did so and they said we should have taken it to retailer. I said we did and they did not want to know. However I now have to fill a form online ( which I can not as laptop broken) and so will have to go back to Hughes to see if they fulfil their legal obligations. Hughes did not want to know about our faulty product and said it was nothing to do with them"
"Everything. Do not use this company as they are dishonest with very bad customer service."
"The Bosch oven has been sat in my lounge since delivery; on carpet, wrapped in all it's packaging where the courier left it, because I have no kitchen to put it in yet! The package had damaged cardboard on top but no apparent damage to the oven from the little I could see. The courier assured me i didn't have to sign anything as she was taking a photo. I have only just partially unwrapped the oven from its wood, polystyrene and plastic to find that the side metal is severely damaged, you couldn't install it if you wanted to! Clearly damaged prior to delivery. Hughes are now trying to wash their hands of it. Quoted their "Terms" because I didn't inform them within 48 hrs...I think I was sold damaged goods/seconds. They need reminding about Consumer Rights. I hope they sort it out because I have no appetite to go legal, but I will if necessary."
"Don’t buy from this company. A nightmare when something goes wrong! Go to a safe place like John Lewis"
"Only used Hughes once, certainly never again. Ordered a washing machine and paid nearly £50 for fast delivery, installation and removal of the old machine. ArrowXL Delivery men turned up without tools and said they only had instruction to pick-up and drop-off. I'll stick to John Lewis next time"
"ordered a fridge, had a delivery date of 11th September, took day off work, waited in, in end rang Hughes who said yes that was delivery date, and would ring back,. Said they could not deliver then, but would ring back, did not , rang them several times, was told my delivery date was 11th Sept and I had the fridge. I do not. Now the date is end of October - do not trust them, and why did they not contact me to say delivery was delayed . DO NOT Trust."
"DO NOT buy from this company. They are taking peoples money and using a dodgy delivery company called ArrowXL to lie that there was no one to receive the goods and later cancel the order and keep the money ( to earn some sort of interest or divident until they are forced to return it) It has been 10 days and I paid £639 for my Bosch washing maschine and extra for express delivery but STILL waiting for it. Now I found out in the dodgy ArrowXL Delivery website that my order which was supposed to be delivered today is cancelled. AVOID AVOID AVOID Anyone using ArrowXL for delivery service. All these companies are taking your money to earn extra income by holding on to it as long as they can."
"I would not give even 1 star. The item seems to have been dispatched with some dodgy company outsourcing deliveries meaning they lied on the delivery card that I was not home and further sent an electronic message for failed delivery - unfortunately both timed after my telephone call to the office. The item also never got taken back to the depot so they could not rearrange delivery for me. I have in effect given over £400 to a dodgy company who may never have had an item for me. I never got to see the washing machine I ordered. DO NOT USE!!!!!!"
"On Fri I contacted Hughes and spoke to Nikisha in Birmingham who was extremely helpful. She transferred my item which I collected on Saturday morning - fantastic customer service and speedy delivery!!"
"My washing machine of four months broke down ( bra underwire !!! ) Hughes sent out an engineer who looked at the issue. He called his manager and they came back with " Got to take it away , 2 hrs labour £150 ( !! ) plus parts ..total £275. Hotpoint came and looked..." £120..half hour job".Some difference there !!!"
"Every year I go back to Hughes in Felixstowe Road and I am blown away by the astounding customer service. My first visit 3 years ago left me incredibly satisfied and I did not think it could be better. Each year I return hoping for a good deal, but these guys go above and beyond consistently to help you get what you are looking for at the best price. There are 3 people who have helped me more than once. The first is Laura and the other 2 guys I forgot to get their names. The culture in this store for customer service is outstanding and I must mention on line. Well Done Guys ! Good job😊"
Hughes Direct is rated 1.69 based on 42 reviews