Haus Reviews

63% of reviewers recommend Haus

About Haus: Introducing the latest furniture styles and trends from season to season, inspired by you and your lifestyle, Products available for both domestic and contract customers, home, interiors and your living space all under one roof. Visit hausdirect.com

Sales@hausdirect.com

185 Newgate Street Retail Store High Street

How would you rate Haus ?

"Excellent product, courier driver could have been a little more happier as this would have made me give you 5*, a smile does not cost anything, maybe this is my age showing. All in all great product from last weeks purchase, our console table is now built and the wife loves it so thats a result for me! :-) Great site with a great offering! Sure to visit again."
"Thank you HAUS. Ordered an oxford corner desk and this item arrived as expected, perfect product at a perfect price, great value for money. We will be back! Only advise would be it would have been great have a timed delivery slot, we did try to obtain this but we were given a 4 hour window on the day, this would be my only grip. I can see you have a few comments from customers being negative but i have to say we did not experience any issues and this day and age people need to have more confidence, if your not happy with the service ask for a refund, always quick to leave negative feedback but how often do you really leave positive feedback?? Thanks again HAUS."
"I made 3 orders. One on the 31/08/18 and two on the 02/09/18. Still no delivery. Contacting HAUS is almost impossible and having contacted one of the MANUFACTURERs directly they stated that they only got the order from HAUS on the 13/09/18. !0 days after I placed the order and HAUS took my money. Ringing HAUS is pointless as you will never get through. Email is hit and miss. HAUS took full payment for all items in my order totalling £1819.00 on the 03/09/18. This is not a small amount and as others have said, they should not take this until the items are dispatched. I have since found out that they did not even place the order with the manufacturer until the 13/09/18. I have had an email from HAUS with a story about checking one of the items and that they are trying to consolidate the delivery into one delivery. HOWEVER, again after contacting one of the manufacturers directly (Listed under each product) they state that they deliver directly and not via HAUS. So are HAUS lying? So this leads me to believe that HAUS have serious processing and customer services issues after 1: finding out they do not place orders straight away. 2: The products may show as in stock but they are not and 3: They seem to be telling lies to their customers with made up stories to cover themselves. So, in conclusion, I have no idea what is happening with my order or my £1819.00 and can only hope the items get delivered. Next time, I will approach the manufacturers directly as at least they answer their emails and telephone. TO HAUS: Please contact me to sort this out ASAP."
Thank you for getting in touch Mr Leeson. We are very sorry to learn about your negative experience to date concerning communication with our team.

As explained today on the telephone by our business manager, during brand events our telephone lines can experience a high volume of calls and therefore our advisors are unable to answer immediately, this in essence can take some time in answering calls, we are actively improving our processes and company infrastructure to cope with the growth of our operation, and are aware we can do better, your feedback is valued and will certainly help our management team. Sorry in the meantime that we have not responded quick enough.

Alternatively to the telephone service we have introduced a help desk centre
and strongly advise should this happen again to open a ticket through your account if created or create an account using the same email address as your order and we will link this to a ticket and an advisor will call you or email you back. We usually respond within 2-3 working hours or alternatively you can email our team who will look into any concerns or updates you request within 24 working hours.

Your order has a time frame associated with it which is a usual indicator to when orders are expected to be completed, we do apologise that this is extending outside of the 15 working day period at present and as you have been made aware by our partnering brand advisors this is something which was updated previously by them on our behalf, we have also noted that this has been provisionally confirmed today with you also and a date we anticipate to be the firm date for delivery given the services are outsourced by our partnering brand on this item (s) also confirming.

Your communication with our partners is also logged and noted in our system as contracted therefore we deem updates channelled on our behalf are satisfactory updates, communication updates activated in this manner are a true reflection of our positive alliance with the brands concerned as they are equally key members of our operation extending the service levels to fulfil our after sales support needs especially if they oversee the logistics at the time, they will usually hold the information you may require, this being said we will always pass this information on to you as and when we receive communication, from time to time booking in confirmations are sent by third party couriers/ partnering services and not by HAUS.

With reference to your payment, please note your order was released from our system and awaiting preparation for dispatch which is why your payment has been taken, as we outsource our delivery services in order to release the goods we hold we have to take your payment commitment to allow for the transportation services to commence and allow for execution of the final stages of the order fulfilment, and with your order being in two locations we are trying to consolidate this to arrange for a dispatch with 1/2 couriers and not three to avoid any inconvenience given this is going to the same postcode, three orders in our system are deemed as three separate transactions especially when ordered on different days.

Brands can collect from us and deliver directly so this is incorrect information you have been given, in this instance we are actually delivering part of your order from the North East warehouse to the warehouse who you have been speaking with directly, this is because this is a separate transaction to that of your first order placed.

If our stock holding is held in various warehouse locations we can access these at any point and do not need to call on items immediately to be allocated if held with us, items are also held with our suppliers which is where you may have been advised of our order date, as we designated stock to be released knowing this was in the normal timeframes to enable preparation for a swifter delivery turn around.

This is simply because if our third party courier is unlikely to deliver this within a reasonable timeframe we can switch the stock allocation from our secondary storage facilities to allow for a quicker turnaround to commence, this is what has happened here, we however have been monitoring your order from day 1 and have certainly not forgotten about you.

To conclude on your assumptions of our services and execution faults we are very sorry if you feel your order has been badly managed, this is not how we expect our customers to feel nor do we gain any satisfaction from unsettling them in anyway, on this occasion your order has been upgraded to be overseen by the manufacturer themselves who can facilitate this service on two of three of your orders quicker and safely given the value of your orders, resulting in avoiding multiple handling of these items.

We hope today's update is a reassuring one and we are pleased you have managed to speak with a member of our team. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused and please be rest assured your order is being monitored by our booking team as well as our partnering brand partners. Thank you for your continued patience in the meantime.

H A U S
"Thank you for swiftly deliverying our order, we did struggle getting through at first but quickly realised you had a telephone issue and we reached out to your website for the updated numbers, your CS team were very helpful. Other than that your driver delivered on a Saturday which was great which suited us better and our order arrived just in time for our party! Thanks again we will be back HAUS."
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are pleased to learn you have had a positive experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and once again thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Appalling customer service - 9 weeks and counting for a flat pack desk. Numerous attempts at trying to contact HAUS and automated line just hangs up. Taken the money despite website advising only taken when item dispatched. Call customer service line - no answer and call hangs up after 5 minutes waiting."
We are sorry to learn about your experience today Mr Parish.

Monday mornings can occasionally prove challenging at peak times to get through to the team with pre-sales and aftersales engagement following our return from the busy weekend.

Please note whilst we do try our utmost to get back to you as quickly as possible should you ever find yourself trying for 1 hour again please do send us an email or complete a help desk ticket and we will of course call you back rather than having to continuously call.

Our customer care team have hopefully put your mind at ease now by explaining our telephone line issue with you today and have also advised of two alternative numbers which can be obtained from our website.

Please note your order states this is a 6-8 week lead time item and is clearly indicated on the delivery details section on the product page itself directly above the add to cart button, this was also explained last week when you called. Please note today is the 43rd working day so this is within our usual time frames customers experience.

We understand this has now been confirmed with you by the booking team today and we apologise for the telephone issue you have experienced today. Please also refer to our website for any updated numbers in future as the contact number in your email is dropping out of service resulting in the call management system to take it out of the queue, the technical engineers are investigating into at present.

We can also see you made contact last week and successfully spoke with our team, which once again hopefully reassures you that your order is in good hands.

Should you have any further difficulties please do not hesitate in contacting us again. Thank you.

H A U S
"Made 2 seperate purchases now from Haus and both times been very pleased with the competitive prices and good service. Even when there was a blip with delivery, it was sorted out promptly and politely. Will certainly shop here again."
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are pleased to learn you have had a consistent and satisfying service from our company. We look forward to welcoming you back for a third time, once again thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Had no issues whatsoever, customer service was spot on. Can't complain."
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are pleased to learn you have had a pleasant experience. We look forward to hearing from you again and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Ordered a sofa on the 7th of August, order number, 100002191. The haus website said 5 to 15 working days. 15 working days have come and gone, yet not a single word from haus direct. Email has been sent and no response and the money has already been taken from my credit card (not what was indicated on the website). Unless I get an explanation, I will have to contact my credit card company. Will not be purchasing anything from haus direct in the future"
Thank you for getting in touch. Your feedback is important to us. Your order appears to have been responded to by our business manager explaining the small delay we are experiencing and from what our system is indicating it appears our team are looking into this for you. As your order has left the UK despatch centre and is now held with our transport partners to secure your order payment is taken. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this transaction. We do hope your concerns have been answered and we thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Still waiting for my order after 6 weeks o/n 100002047. The funds have been taken from my credit card and they should not have. Can't get through on the phone and emails are not responded to. If you don't reply or send the goods right away I will be forced to contact my credit card company to intervene."
Thank you for getting in touch. Your feedback is important to us. Your order appears to have been responded to and from what our system is indicating it appears our team are looking into this for you with an explanation of the delay provided already. Nonetheless we apologise for any inconvenience caused during our bank holiday weekend activity. We do hope your concerns have been answered and we thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Had a problem with interior wall of tv cabinet. Contacted Haus on Monday and replacement piece arrived on Friday. Excellent customer service!"
Thank you for your positive feedback Mrs Wilcox. We are pleased our customer care team were able to assist you with your issue. We look forward to hearing from you again and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"I ordered a desk on 20/05/18. Haus Direct took payment immediately despite their claim that "your offer to purchase goods from us shall only be deemed to be accepted by us when we dispatch the goods at which payment will be taken". I've called 01388 604 640 numerous times without luck. I've also sent an email and received an automated reply informing me that "you will receive a response within the next 72 working hours" and "due to operational issues beyond our control, your order may be delayed". I didn't receive a response within 72 working hours. I'm not impressed with this company - my advice is to shop elsewhere."
Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to learn you are not having a positive experience. Please note as advised in your email today by our customer care team we do not have a contact number for you as you have not left one when placing your order, this item also clearly states 5-10 working days as a guideline and today is the 8th working day, your order has now been booked in for delivery as you have accepted this after we have communicated via email to you having not had a contact number previously.

Please can we also inform you that our telephone number is 01388 602 640 it appears you have been trying the wrong number. We do hope this provides you with peace of mind. Thank you for shopping with us.

Kind Regards

Customer Care Team
"Ordered an item on May 2 for delivery within the UK. Sent 2 emails to the customer services team to inquire about the order in the following weeks. All I have received are automated responses indicating that "they have a high volume of calls and emails and aim to response within 24 hours". I have yet to receive any response as of May 21. I would avoid this company, seems dubious at best, and would try to cancel my order as it is no longer needed given this long time frame."
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn you are not having a positive experience. Please can we ask that you provide your order details to our customer care team and/or create a ticket using the help desk feature in your account, alternatively contact our team by telephone to discuss this matter further on 01388 602 640.

We apologise for any delay in email communication in the meantime, due to our brand event we are experiencing a higher volume of emails than usual at present. With regards to your delivery, some of our products are warehoused in Europe and therefore timescales can vary from item to item, please can we refer you to our 'usual delivery' time frames highlighted on each product page as some items can take longer for completion than others. Thank you.

Kind Regards

Customer Care Team
"Received a hi-fi cabinet, paid £215.00 and 2 of us attempted to put it together. Biggest problem was the screws wouldn’t fit into the metal frame..the pre-drilled holes had not been tapped which meant it was impossible to screw in. For the price I paid , the quality should have been better."
Thank you for your feedback Stuart. We are sorry to learn that you have experienced some assembly difficulties, please note with the Maja Hi-Fi cabinet purchased if you can identify the parts in question we will happily replace these free of charge should these be faulty with the hole alignment. This is the first case reported on this Germany engineered piece, we will of course notify our brand partners too as this is a very popular item. Our aftercare team are here to assist you further should you wish to seek any support from us to put this right.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"I ordered the Lola Chair in Blush & it’s Beautiful. The delivery company were fantastic, helpful, friendly, nothing was too much trouble. They expertly put the chair together for me & took away all the packaging. Excellent service & will definitely use again."
Thank you for your kind feedback Janine. We are pleased our team were able to assist you with your purchase and delivery of your item. We look forward to welcoming you back again and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Excellent customer service throughout the order and delivery process. Very pleased to with my item of furniture, exactly as described. Highly recommend this firm."
Thank you for your kind feedback Mr Ansell. We are pleased our team were able to assist you with your purchase. We look forward to hearing from you again and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Great selection of products and pre sales knowledge on our Maja desk, grabbed a bargain!! The desk fits perfectly in our new home. Keep up the good work Team Haus."
Thank you for your feedback Mr Lambert. We are pleased our team were able to assist you in your decision making process. We look forward to hearing from you again and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Problem with desk but resolved after 10 days from Haus -Germany brand distributor. My son loves it!"
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased your damaged part was resolved with a replacement within our usual timeframes for part replacement. We look forward to hearing from you again and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Quick delivery items arrived after 48 hours, brilliant saving with the voucher code shame you didn’t have 2 more chairs in stock, we will keep looking on your site. All the best."
Thank you for your positive words. We look forward to hearing from you again and stock levels do change so please do sign up to our 'back in stock' notification emails for the item you have purchased and you will receive an email once this is back in stock. Thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"We have been waiting for 2 weeks as stated on the website products arrived today and very satisfied with our purchase, their company warehouse move resulted in a 2 day delay but this was well worth the wait. Thank you Haus for your service. We will be back."
Thank you for your positive words. We look forward to hearing from you again and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Very poor on all fronts. Wrong item sent and trying to get it returned and a refund given. I am told they are awaiting for their distributor in Ireland to arrange and could take 30 days! If you can get through on the telephone no firm answers given in order to sort problem out and despite endless emails not yet had a satisfactory response. All I want is for them to pick up the package and refund me! Don't see why as a customer I should be in the hands for their distributor to sort this out as it should be them. Very unhappy while they sit on my money. Would not recommend this company at all."
Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are very sorry to learn you have encountered a frustrating experience in receiving the incorrect product from us.

We apologise for this picking error, we believe you may have mis-understood the 30 days, this is our 'general guideline terms' that any refund can take up to from the date of an uplift request for processing time, which takes into account brand events and/or seasonal high volume periods, this however is not the time frame for a collection to be arranged, we are sorry if this has unsettled you.

As stated in our conversation yesterday this is being investigated and collections follow a process. Once again, please be rest assured this is being managed by our brand partners as this was an error executed on there behalf.

We can confirm your Knomo bag will be collected and your order will be refunded back as per our legal obligation to fulfill within a 1 week period as advised. We do hope we can reinstate your confidence in our brand and endeavor to rectify this issue as quickly as possible.

Best Wishes,