Haus Direct Reviews

58% of reviewers recommend Haus Direct

About Haus Direct: Introducing the latest furniture styles and trends from season to season, inspired by you and your lifestyle, Products available for both domestic and contract customers, home, interiors and your living space all under one roof. Visit hausdirect.com

Sales@hausdirect.com

185 Newgate Street Retail Store High Street

Tell us how Haus Direct made you happy

"Cabinet sent damaged twice still waiting absolute disgrace bad company don't buy anything off this company will not reply to my emails you have been warned"
Thank you for getting in touch Mr McDonagh.

We are sorry to learn about your case and the transit damage reported. Our team are still waiting for the parts to be confirmed by you with regards to arranging a third delivery to you of your order, without this information we cannot assist you, you mentioned you were going to build this when you get chance so we have presumed this is all sorted to date.

Your first order was reported as damaged and we promptly arranged for a replacement order, rather than send you parts we actually sent you a full complete cabinet (flat pack). When you reported the replacement was also damaged our team instructed you on the 30th of January to open the package and to use the brand new parts not damaged as this was delivered flat pack, in the same communication we also clearly advised if you can kindly advise once this is done what else is required if any to ensure you had one complete unit and our team would ship out the necessary parts required.

We have not received any update on this matter and therefore cannot act any further until we know which parts you require if any. In the event something like this is reported we assess the best remedies on a case by case basis and we concluded it was better to send you a complete unit replacement rather than spare parts as initially advised. You have two complete products which you have stated the packages to be both damaged, once we know when you have opened both boxes if one complete unit cannot be built we will of course provide you with the necessary replacement parts again to fulfil your order.

On the 1st of February you commented on our quick response timeframe, we are a little baffled as to why your feedback does not reflect this as we are currently waiting for you to reply back to us with the information we have requested in order to provide you with the correct after sales solution to the matter.

We have reached out to you again today by email and look forward to hearing from you. We have also raised the transport damage concerns to TNT who are also looking into the handling of this model for future orders.

Thank you.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Great Service driver kept me updated on the day of delivery which allowed me to carry out my morning work commitments. I did read some negative reviews before placing my order but I can assure you this company have a great level of service and product offering, having set my tv unit up the quality is better then the images! Big thumbs up guys, I will be back for the side unit to match."
Thank you for your 5* rating Angela. We value your feedback and we are pleased you have had a positive experience with us and are enjoying your purchase above and beyond expectations, we look forward to supplying you with your side unit soon, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Disgrace of a company. They do not confirm how long delivery will take on the checkout page, and insteaf hide it within the specifications of the item. I waited over 4 weeks and still no sign of item or delivery date. All the other reviews are the same, atrocious company, who take your money but don't deliver. They think its acceptable to wait months to receive a simple desk. Look at their twitter page, some people have waited 3 months and they've replied saying 'this is within our expected timeframe'. Avoid at all costs. They seem like crooks, who don't deliver items and class them as in stock when they blatantly aren't. Read the below reviews, trust pilot and their twitter feed. Hopefully you have not placed your order yet. All seem to be ran by one man, Rauel. Who clearly has not got a clue how to run a business and lives in dreamworld, thinking that his customer base are really happy. Absolute disgrace of a 'company'."
Thank you for your feedback Mr Rowley.

We are sorry to learn about your negative experience with us and your disappointment in our general timeframes not meeting your expectations.

We are aware when you placed this order it was brought to your attention at the early stages that this was going to experience a minimum of 15 working days which you were not pleased with from the offset, given you are aware of this we and unsure why it has come as a surprise that this has still not been delivered. We have also advised this was collected last Thursday and also notified you of the booking in procedures, we appreciate this is 2 working days outside of our usual timeframes however this is a transportation delay outside of our control which we have apologised on.

In the interest of the Marlborough desk being handled with care this is appointed by one carrier only to avoid multiple handling of the item given its excessive weight this is instructed from our brand partners Maja (Germany).

The lead time is clearly indicated on the website under the add to cart button you have clicked on as is displayed on every product in the very same position, this is not hidden in the terms at all and has a separate tab detailing the usual window, most of our customers do not have an issue with the delivery information placement as it is clearly indicated below the product details which the majority of customers will want to read before making a purchase.

Nonetheless we take on board your feedback in that this would be better placed at the checkout stage however given system parameters and our attention to detail for customers pre purchase, this has been designed to show the timeframe for customers before they make a commitment and not something we want to force people into only obtaining at the final stage of order completion, this should be transparent from an enquiry stage and for the majority of customers it is easy to obtain this information, we can once again only apologise you have missed this when placing your order.

We offer a competitive and comprehensive service whereby we source products direct from brand distributors and manufacturers world-wide and in order to offer the price points we do today sometimes timeframes have to be compromised and this varies from item to item and is indicated on each page, we have nothing to gain by hiding such information, we deem your comments not to be a fair judgement and are sorry you feel the need to raise such concerns.

Nonetheless, your order has now been successfully refunded, we will continue to run the business how we feel suits our company ethos and usability which we study carefully, everyone is entitled to an opinion and we are very sorry your experience has not been a positive one on this occasion.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Waiting for items 5 weeks, wrote 3 emails , called, no response. I started to think it’s a ghost company.. So thingers crossed I’ll get my order and won’t need to return as I imagine that would be nightmare..."
Thank you for your early review Ausra.

We are sorry to learn about your 1 star rating. Please note your item carries a usual window of 4-6 weeks in completion and this is still within the timeframe. As advised earlier today this is due in next week and our transportation team will contact you to schedule your delivery prior to attempting to deliver your order.

We trust this meets your approval. In the meantime we will look into why your 3 emails have not been responded too, if you did not receive an automated email this may mean we have not received these mails as this is highly unusual for a response not to be communicated on so many attempts.

We would strongly advise creating a help desk ticket in your account or create a new account if you do not have one to access this centre whereby our communications are tracked and monitored daily by our after care team. You can also contact us by telephone.

With regards to the returns if you decide to change your mind on your purchase this is something our team will happily assist you with too.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity and we hope this provides you with some peace of mind.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Shocking customer service - does anyone actually work at Haus Direct...? I ordered an item 2 weeks ago and am yet to receive it. I have called approximately 20 times and never make it through to a human, it’s always the voicemail. Despite leaving voicemails, 3 emails to the customer care team and another to the sales team (our of desperation), I’ve only received one vague response to suggest that I should have received my item last Friday...I’m still waiting. Don’t bother with this company, I should have ordered the item directly from the brand."
Thank you for your early review Mr Clinch.

Please note the timeframe usually experienced on this item is 5-7 working days which has been communicated to you by email, on the telephone today with our team and as per the delivery details noted on our website under the add to cart button you clicked on when making this purchase. It appears this information has not been registered by yourself in your review.

Your order was placed on the 30th of January, you were notified on the 8th of February (7th working day) following your concerns raised that our team required 2 further working days to locate your order with our courier given this was dispatched within 4 working days from the date of order, we are sorry you feel this is unacceptable.

Please note we are not alerted if products are not delivered successfully with the royal mail service used on this item unless returned following the 2 week holding period at your local post office depot or appear to have been lost and therefore incomplete, in which case customers will contact us to notify us of failed fulfilment within a reasonable timeframe as stated on our website.

Our gentle request was simply to allow for us to investigate into your lost item with this process imposing a delay of 2 working days outside of the 'usual timeframe' customers experience in order fulfilment of this piece, this was all noted in your email and upon investigation this email was very detailed, we are sorry if you felt this was vague as this confirms all of the above.

Despite our 2 working days request from Friday required to support your after sales service we notified you we would not know any more until Tuesday 12th, we can only apologise if you find our processes unsatisfactory, we deem this to be perfectly fair and reasonable and have to disagree with your claims in your review unfortunately.

Nonetheless, we have reached out to the brand Knomo today for you and you have mentioned you should have gone direct, we can advise you that they will get new stocks of the very same item back in July 2019 (5 months time approx.) should you wish to order with them directly.

Your order has now been refunded and cancelled today following your concerns raised with us and we hope this helps provide you with some peace of mind allowing you to purchase this product elsewhere.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity.

H A U S D I R E C T
"The case ordered was perfect I was delighted with the finish inside and out the colour coordinating was well matched in all it was very good quality"
Thank you for your positive comments Marion. We value your feedback and we are pleased you have had a positive experience with us, we do hope you enjoy your new Knomo case, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Absolutely disgusting service!!! I placed an order for the first time with this company on 9/1/19 and it is now 9/2/19 and I’m still yet to receive my order! Communication is shocking and practically non existent, they don’t respond to emails and don’t take your calls the customer service is a total disgrace! I have never experienced anything like it! I will never order for this company again! Very unprofessional and disappointing!"
Thank you for your early review Donna.

We are very sorry to hear you are not in receipt of your order as of yet. Please note the timeframe usually experienced on this item is 10-15 working days as per the delivery details noted on our website under the add to cart button you clicked on when making this purchase.

We are still monitoring your order as per our voicemail and email notification sent to you on the 25th of January at 11.41am and 14.04pm notifying you of a small delay we are experiencing with the transportation services on this item.

Your order is expected in on the 15th of February and once this is checked in our dispatch team will contact you shortly after the check in process within a few days to confirm your delivery date which should not be too long after the arrival.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused in the unexpected delay encountered to that of our usual timeframes on this item and also for not being able to get through to our team during busy periods, we unfortunately do not appear to have any emails nor help desk tickets raised since our communication to you stating to get in touch should you not be happy with our updates provided on the 25th.

We are now monitoring your concerns raised and aim to update you shortly after the arrival date of your order.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Unfortunately the console table came without instructions and we had to have phone directions to put it together. Apparently,they are in the process of writing the instructions . Otherwise we are very happy with our new table."
Thank you for your positive comments Irene.

We value your feedback, we are sorry to learn about your issue with the incorrect build instructions being provided this week on your delivery, our brand partners Gillmore are working on the new instructions as discussed with the team yesterday, we are pleased the team were able to assist you with the build over the telephone.

On the whole more importantly we are pleased you are happy with your purchase despite the small issue encountered on assembly, we will pass on your comments to our team, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Great Product with a quick turnaround. We purchased a Victoria desk and it looks fabulous in my sons bedroom, let’s hope he does his homework now. Thank you Haus Direct."
Thank you for your positive comments Mr Patel. We value your feedback and we are pleased you have had a positive experience with us, we will pass on your comments to our team, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S D I R E C T
"LIARS and THIEVES Website claim delivery 5 to 10 days Actually these are working days and the T&C protect them from anything so they can deliver whenever they want In my case: 1. I bought it the 25th of November 2. They were late but never came back to me. I had to send them dozen of emails to finally get updates 3. They delivered me on Monday the 21th of January. This is 45 working days !!!!! 4. The worse for the end: one part was missing and today, 50 days after my purchase im still waiting Do something good: BOYCOTT HAUSDIRECT"
Thank you for your review Mr Bardin.

Firstly we are sorry to learn about your experience not being a positive one. As you are aware we encountered a delivery issue before christmas on this model desk you had purchased and we did offer you a refund at the time should you not wish to wait for the item to complete as this was going to fall outside of the timeframe customers 'usually' experience of 5-10 working days.

Please may we highlight the 'usual' window here as we do not agree with your choice of words and unfair comments directed at us. Our team have responded to your concerns on a number of emails alongside this week on the telephone to update you on the replacement part which you have advised us as missing. Parts for this item are not held in the UK and are shipped directly from Germany as advised again, this has been the process for the past 6 years and has been a successful execution in the event such issues arise or transport damages are reported. We currently sell 269 items from this brand and simply cannot stock every single panel for every line, especially when this is a rare occurrence this simply does not make business sense.

You have purchased a Maja oxford corner desk which is a machine manufactured corner desk from a very reputable manufacturer in Germany supplying products world-wide, we have worked with this brand for 6 years now, for a part to be missing from the package is a rare occurrence if not something we are learning for the first time given this being a mass production line product, we take your word for this issue reported but we must point out that this is the first issue reported from this very same batch and can only apologise for this unforeseen issue you have brought to our attention.

As per your email and telephone communication this week we have advised you that this usually takes around 10 working days for replacement parts to be shipped from Germany. Please note this is a contracted arrangement for all UK retailers and not just ourselves.

We are sorry this has not been a pleasant experience once again and sadly with the Christmas period shut down this did have a 2 week impact on delivery timeframes from this brand which unfortunately coincided with a transportation disruption contributing to the unexpected delay.

We have many loyal customers who have been buying from us for many years now and we can proudly say we have more positive then negative experiences. We appreciate the frustration and inconvenience this maybe causing you and we are truly sorry you have had to express your experience in such a way given our reassurances that your after sales care is being monitored by our our dedicated team, please do however explain why we are thieves when you are in receipt of your purchase, you also know the missing part you have highlighted is also on its way, the window in which we have advised you has not been exceeded yet so to use such strong words which do not truly reflect the experience we can see you have received from us is certainly an unfair comment to be directing to our company.

We appreciate this is your own opinion however, and we will continue to remain positive about our processes and remedies provided to your case as with any after sales case we work on.

Management Team
H A U S D I R E C T
"Thank you for sorting out the damaged tv unit recently delivered, the corner appeared to have had some transit damage and thanks to Haus Direct they rectified the problem with the replacement delivered 2 days later. I’ve emailed you an image of the frank Olsen tv stand in our room, looks amazing, please pass this on to your helpful lady on the telephone as I promised her this image for your customer gallery."
Thank you for your review Grace.

We are sorry to learn about the initial transit damage reported and are pleased to hear this was promptly rectified with a satisfactory remedy concluded within 2 working days.

We love the image provided and we have passed this on to the relevant department to feature in our future marketing campaign (customer shared photos gallery). We will also pass on your comments to the team and once again thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Terrible company as per a previous reviewer took money immediately for a purchase they never dispatched. This company should not be allowed to trade."
Thank you for your early review Rob. Please note our usual timeframe is 5-10 working days for this item and our system is indicating this has been dispatched with royal mail 6 working days after placing your order.

We are very sorry you have had to post an early review and that you were not in receipt of your goods sooner before posting this review. The window for the delivery turnaround is displayed under the 'add to cart' button on each product page which clearly states the timeframe customers would usually experience, we are sorry if this was not clear enough for you.

Please note due to the festive period the dispatch centre only resumed to full operation on the 3rd of January which did cause a small disruption to dispatches taking place however this did not impact you. If the delivery was not complete in the 5-10 working day timeframe then we understand your frustration however this did not appear to be the case, that being said we are not sure why you feel we should not be allowed to trade as we have communicated the processes for this transaction which appear to have now been concluded.

Nonetheless, we thank you for your feedback and should you still have further concerns please do contact our customer care team directly who will be more than happy to assist you further.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Firstly, Haus Direct, thank you for your services on the supply of my mini office furniture, I am extremely happy with the overall quality of the German furniture as the images depict. Secondly, your team were very knowledgable prior to making this purchase so I think they deserve a pat on the back for the support provided. I too run a business and value feedback which is why I am taking the time to write this review, I do see a number of negative reviews which I also saw prior to making the purchase but equally saw positive ones, having visited your store as I live 25 minutes from the north east branch I was reassured that you are trust worthy and reputable, the staff In store were very professional and well mannered which was equally pleasant to see. The order did go over by 4 days but I took into account the Christmas period and completely understand the chaos that businesses must face, thank god I am not in logistics. This is a minor gripe nonetheless as I know expected timeframes are not always a guarantee. Nonetheless, great service from a great company, your product offering is very overwhelming and your team notified me you have some exciting new lines coming next month, I look forward to returning to your site soon."
"Pathetic, ordered a bag from them on the 29th of December, money was taken right away with an order confirmation coming through and nothing at all since then, we're now over two weeks since the order and still nothing... I've tried to get in touch with no success so I'll be issuing a chargeback and never going near them again."
Thank you for your early review Andrew. Please note our usual timeframe is 5-10 working days for this item and our system is indicating this has been dispatched with the royal mail 8 days after placing your order.

We are very sorry you are not in receipt of this as of yet, please be rest assured we are looking into this matter and will of course refund you by the end of play today should your order not be located should you not wish to wait for another item to be dispatched.

Please note due to the festive period the dispatch centre only resumed to full operation on the 3rd of January which did cause a small disruption to dispatches taking place and we are very sorry for this inconvenience.

Our team have also attempted to contact you today and have left you a voicemail explaining this matter in detail. We are sorry if you did not see the general timeframe of this item which is displayed on our website under the add to cart button you would have clicked on to proceed with your order, this 2 week window is usual for this item to experience this length of time.

We are now monitoring your concerns raised and aim to update you by the end of the day with a remedy to this transaction.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Quick service, products arrived as described. Thank you Haus Direct!"
Thank you for your positive comments Alex. We value your feedback and we are pleased you have had a positive experience with us, we will pass on your comments to our team, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Exceptional Service, ordered 3rd January and my marle chair arrived 8th January, I was hesitant at first because of some reviews I read but all I can say is thank you Haus Direct, you kept your word and delivered within the timeframe stated, maybe it was just a Christmas blip others encountered but my experience was a good one! I will be back for a second chair for the wife when I get paid later this month! :-)"
Thank you for your positive comments Joe. We value your feedback and we are pleased you have had a positive experience, we will pass on your comments to our team, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope your Marle Chair is treating you well and in the meantime we look forward to delivering your second chair! Thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S D I R E C T
"As in a previous review, I have placed an order on 18th of December for a Lux Console table. The money was taken as soon as I received an order confirmation and have not heard anything from the company since. Getting through on either of 2 phone numbers provided is impossible and i really tried, it seems they don't employ any of the stuff to answer the calls. Sent an email and have not heard from the company either. If the table doesn't make an appearance in the next week then will be taking it up with the credit card company as fraud. Avoid this company at all costs."
Thank you for your early review Eugenia. We value your feedback & custom and are very sorry you have not received your order as of yet. Please can we ask you check your junk/spam folder as we have provided you with an update on your orders status 2 days ago with a detailed explanation of a 2 week delay encountered due to the festive period shutdown which exceeds the 10-15 working day timeframe we state online customers would usually experience on this item.

Our team will contact you today just in case you are not in receipt of our email update for some peace of mind, in the meantime our team are monitoring your orders progress and we are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

We have also advised you should you not wish to wait any longer we will of course refund your order as per our legal contractual obligation to do so.

H A U S D I R E C T
"Much like many other poor reviews put on here, I ordered a L desk from here on the 26th of December, and I immediately received a order confirmation and soon after the money was taken. However over two and a half weeks later I have had no further communication. There has also been no response to any phone calls or emails. I am very much hoping that it is just a matter of time before delivery."
Thank you for getting in touch Jonah. We apologise for unsettling you in anyway, of course this is not our intention and we understand you have received an update today concerning your order with an explanation of the warehouse closure for the festive period which only resumed to full operation on the 3rd of January.

The product you have purchased 'usually' experiences a 5-10 working day window for delivery turnaround, unfortunately due to the festive period shut down last year as explained in the one email received dated 4th January we are working as fast as possible to dispatch orders following the return of our transport partners and team members at our head office.

From time to time dispatches can go outside the general timeframes customers experience and we of course try our very best to keep this to a minimal, we apologise in advance if you are affected by this.

We are sorry however you have felt the need to write an early review and as communicated by our team we endeavour to fulfil your order as quickly as possible now that the team have returned, sadly due to logistical restricted services that operated during the festive period this has had a small knock on affect for many companies, we of course have every intention to fulfil your order and we thank you for your continued patience in the meantime.

Please note if you cannot reach us on the telephone numbers provided you can also create a 'help desk ticket' by logging into your account or creating an account and our team will respond to any concerns you may have.

We hope this review response reinstates our communication and committment made to you already in providing you with some peace of mind. Thank you for shopping with us.

H A U S
"Great service, prompt delivery. Would have been ideal if we had a time slot and didn't have to wait in all day, but on the whole a great product and good experience."
Thank you for your positive comments, we value your 4* feedback and of course we would like to make this a 5* experience, nonetheless it is great to see you are happy with the service on the whole, we will pass on your comments to our team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Unfortunately due to many items delivered via third party services we cannot offer the same delivery experience on every purchase with regards to timed deliveries, each item factors costs associated to them and to remain competitive without reducing your overall service level experience to much we have to apply the best service available in the interest of the product itself whether a small or large piece. With some goods prone to transit handling damages we select the service best suited which can often impact the timeframe and service execution i.e. time slot or all day slot to ensure the product is delivered from A to B in an expected and satisfactory condition.

We hope this clears your concerns as to why you did not get a timed slot like your previous order from us as advised on the phone by our team also.

Thank you for shopping with us again.

H A U S
"**READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU PLACE AN ORDER** I placed an order on Dec 9th and I still haven’t received my item despite the money being deducted from my account the folllowing day. I still have no vision of when my item will arrive 4 weeks later despite leaving voicemails to call me and sending many e-mails to customer care. In fact you never get a specific email back on your order, only a generic email to say they are busy. I now doubt if this company actually exists and will be reporting the matter to the Police."
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately we are unable to identify you as a customer at present and with the third party data centre we reply on for capturing reviews on our behalf - reviews.co.uk have also been unable to verify this review/buyer (verified badge failed), with no order number we cannot trace how genuine this complaint is with no record being entered and no contract formed with ourselves and this potential customer.

We do not wish to create any issues here but if this is a hoax you are really wasting your time. You have mentioned calling the police, if this is a real concern we can advise you to an ombudsman and take you through the correct channels to log your complaint if this cannot be resolved between our company and yourself.

In the meantime as we have not heard from you since posting this comment we cannot process any order or update without details. No further contact from you has been made so we deem this to be an incorrect company you have reached out to.

We hope this review response reinstates our continued commitment to all our loyal customers, we care about our customers and are here to assist customers on after sales concerns at any point, and we do not hide from issues should there be any in any unforeseen event.

Please note you can reach our team by the telephone numbers available on our website, create a help desk ticket in your dashboard through logging into your account or creating one, email our team or send an enquiry form from the contact us page and our team will be in touch.

Thank you.