Handmade Retail Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend Handmade Retail

About Handmade Retail: Handmade offer a wonderful range of made to measure curtains, roman blinds, sofas and chairs and curtain poles all handmade in Britain to match from a wonderful collection of fabrics.

customercare@handmaderetail.co.uk

The HayloftGawsworth Business CourtNorth RodeCongleton

How would you rate Handmade Retail?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Carl Farrington
Unverified Reviewer
"I think this company is going / has gone out of business and I am now having to pursue a refund via my credit card company. Today's date, 6th April 2017. I placed my order on 17th January 2017 for a bay-window curtain pole, at £347.99. Delivery time was stated to be "within 14 days" (1st Feb at the latest I would have expected therefore). Other than the initial "we have received your order" email, I did not get any further follow up communications or dispatch notifications, so on the 13th day (30th January), I sent a polite email to say "I know it's not been 14 days yet, but I just wanted to check and make sure everything was going ahead OK with my order?" This email went unanswered. Over the next few days I called about 4 times and they never answered the phone, it just went to an answering machine after a number of rings. On 2nd February I left an answering machine message, asking if they could respond to my email as I was a bit concerned at the lack of comms. They then replied to my previous email and apologies for the delayed response and said it had been a hectic first month back for the team, that everything was in progress with my order, and that thye would check with the production team on the status of my order and when I can expect delivery. Having heard nothing, and had no updates as promised, and no product, I sent another polite email on 20th February at 7pm (so lets call that an extra working day for them to have done something and say it was 21st Feb), saying "Hi. Any updates on my order? Thanks, Carl". No reply. I have tried ringing numerous times and got nowhere. I have left about two more voice messages. I emailed on 4th April to say "Please refund this order immediately and save me the effort of filling out the Barclaycard dispute forms" No response. I telephoned yesterday at about lunchtime and said "It looks like you're unable to do this job so please refund my order immediately. I have my credit card dispute forms in front of me and if I don't have a refund tomorrow I will be posting them off with the requested evidence". No refund, and still no responses. Forms going in the post now.."
Fran Taylor Wren
Verified Reviewer
"We have recieved the most dreadful customer service. Despite numerous calls and emails we are still awaiting any response as to when our order, placed on 21st November will be ready despite being advised it would be a 14 day production leadtime. Phone calls and emails go unanswered and it is impossoble to get hold of anyone to discuss. I can't understand how a company can or is allowed to function like this. I would absolutely NOT recomend this company to anyone."
Claire Green
Verified Reviewer
"Curtains ordered 8 June 2016 but the 2 week promise turned into 6 weeks, No communication from the company at all until chased and chased. Curtains finally arrived and no apology or discount. We then asked for a quotation for another window sent on 15 August and still, no response from the company. You get passed from one person to another. We actually checked to see if this was a real company and if maybe they had gone bust which was a concern as we had to pay in advance. The customer service we have experienced has at times been ok, but mostly we are ignored. I don't know how they continue to do business like this. I'm off to John Lewis now so that's £700 order they get instead of Handmade. It's shame and they really need to look at their customer service processes."
Hi Claire - Thank you for your comments. Apologies to hear this. The team have sent you through all the details of your quotation and follow up emails in regards to this quote. Please do contact the team on 01625 837 404 to discuss. Regards, Customer Support
Terence Gollogly
Verified Buyer
"The made to measure curtains are constructed to a high standard. The customer service staff are helpful and friendly. I would certainly use this company again."
Good morning Terence, Thanks so much for your wonderful comments! We are so please you like your curtains and they look excellent in your home. We look forward to hearing from you again soon. Many thanks, Lauren
Margaret Parker
Unverified Reviewer
"Friendly team and great service. I bought a pair of Hand sewn curtains, I originally thought they would be extremely expensive considering they were handmade in Britain but I was surprised that they were reasonably priced. So pleased with the quality and finish. Look forward to speaking with Lauren from the team and ordering again :)"
Kate Smith
Verified Buyer
"Lovely products at a fraction of the prices I found elsewhere, which I found surprising given they are handmade in Britain. The service was amazing, I had a personal phone call to discuss my order and great follow up communications. Really impressed with Andrew and his team and wouldn't hesitate to recommend or buy from Handmade Retail again."
Thank you so much Kate! We're delighted you are happy with your order.
Handmade Retail is rated 3.00 based on 6 reviews