Go Assist Ltd Reviews

Read Go Assist Ltd Reviews

customerservices@go-assist.co.uk

Richmond HouseRichmond Hill

Tell us how Go Assist Ltd made you happy
24 hours after paying, still waiting for an engineer to confirm a visit to repair my oven
Helpful and polite and made it very easy to understand what you are getting for your money
Very prompt service, very polite and friendly contacts.
Very polite and I understood every work witch helps
Feel like I was mislead with the payment options told me one thing in one way to make it sound more appealing. Felt totally confused by the end of it all only to be patronised by the person from your company saying "I must be stressed" well yes thank you I am now!
I rang today and everything seemed to be okay and I was told that a booking had been made for a repair on Monday 19 Dec for our fridge freezer when I was given the impression that the only question would be what time would suit us on that day. This wasn't the case as I was contacted and told the actual day would be Weds 21 Dec! Customers assume that we are dealing with one company and when we are told certain information this is what will happen not that you subcontract out and the actual booking for the repairs is out of your hands. This is not helpful especially as I spent an hour changing all my appointments from the Monday to other days.....I have now been put on a cancellation notice. All not good!
Hi Andrew, sorry for any confusion with the booked date. We completely understand your disappointment and have done our best to organise your repair at the earliest date available. Our engineers are extremely busy at this time of year and appreciate your understanding.
Not sure what to write as I haven't had my repair completed as yet, but so far so
Good
The "salesperson" said I would have an engineer come to look at my freezer in 2 days time. When I eventually got to speak with the engineers it was going to take a lot more time than that. I ended up speaking with a lot of people and got no joy, so I cancelled the contract and asked a local firm to step in.
The agreed repair was for a provisional date but we understand how frustrating it is that it had to be changed. We're sorry to hear our service was not as expected. Your repair was refunded.
First engineer booked didn't turn up. 2nd visit engineer had no equipment to repair fridge/freezer. 3rd visit fridge repaired. Unable to repair ice + water. ( still not working) I had to take 3 days off from work as no am or afternoon time were given until the date of repair.
Hi Paul, we aim to repair appliances quickly and efficiently! We're sorry this particular repair took longer than expected and if we can be of further support please ring us on 0800 8654 111.
Nothing went right with Go Assist which after a few months changed to Big Warranties. I insured my washer dryer which cost £976 with them. I had insurance for two years. My machine broke down 20 months into the insurance period and after numerous calls and complaints, four weeks later i get an email that they can't repair it and they will pay me £130 . WHAT!?!?!
PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE INSURANCE COMPANIES THEY ARE SEVERAL COMPANIES UNDER ONE MANAGEMENT. BEWARE!
Cracking company as they sorted my mums dishwasher in just over a day.
Everything!! They take your money. The numbers provided do not work or constantly ring out. They do not respond to emails. We actually got an appointment to fix our dishwasher 6 days after first missed apt we got a call 20mins before apt to say on their way. NEVER turned up and now we can get no response. This company is the worst ever if I could score -5 I would
Hello, we're sorry to hear you are disappointed. We are working with the engineer to arrange a new date for your repair and will be in contact shortly. We will be happy to provide an update anytime by calling 0800 8654 111.
I feel like I've been conned. I paid for my cooker hood to be fixed, they sent out an engineer who sprayed the motor with silicone and it's now not extracting anything at all. when I complained I got fobbed off that they were going to dispute it and call me back but they never do. Now I spent the whole day calling but I'm just continuously on hold. Absolute rip off and I can see that I will never see any money back or have an appliance that's fixed.
Hi, sorry to hear you have not had a great experience. As you know, we are working with the engineer involved to get this resolved for you as a matter of urgency. We will be in touch with an update shortly.
We Have a Smeg Range Cooker with an oven which is not working. Go Assist were supposed to get it fixed for us. After six weeks and two visits arranged by Go Assist the oven id still not working. On investigation the company who were supposed to fix the problem are not recognised by Smeg.

I contacted Smeg as follows:

We have just moved to a house in Whitegate which has a Smeg Range Cooker. The oven did not work so we went on the internet and a Company selected by "Go Assist" arranged for a non Smeg Registered repair company of fix it. Two days they did not turn up and two days when they arrived very late they made a botched repair - the oven is still not working.

We contacted Smeg directly who told us: I am sorry to hear of the problem with your repair. --- As North West Appliances is not one of our Smeg registered Engineers there isn't anything we can do.

Smeg volunteered to send us full names and addresses of the Smeg registered engineers in our area.

So at present after paying a total of about £260+ we still have an oven which does not work - Go Assist are not interested to help. So beware of their services.
Hello, we're sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience. We use manufacturer or manufacturer approved engineers where possible, but on this occasion we could not provide this. Please know we spent a lot of time looking into this for you and we have now provided you with a refund.
Wanted to get my fridge freezer repaired as the fridge wasn't cooling. Most likely from a faulty heating thermostat which would cost £30. Company rang me to quote saying that it would be £138 but I had to sign up to insurance at £5 a month and they had reduced the cost of repair for this. When I said I categorically don't want the insurance just the repair they said that it comes as a package and I didn't have that option so they hadn't really discounted the repair they are just selling insurance. What a con! Told them I will get someone else.
We're sorry to hear you didn't like the price, Mrs Fairhurst. You are under no obligation to take out the repair service when we ring to provide a quote. If you do not find someone else please feel free to get in touch again, we'd be happy to fix your fridge freezer at the stated fixed price and guarantee all repairs for a year.
I played £160 for a fridge freezer to be fixed. It took 3 months of engineer revisits to decide it couldn't be fixed. Then I found out that as a part had been replaced I didn't qualify for the money back (minus an admin fee).
Hi Matt, sorry to hear your appliance took longer than expected to fix. The vast majority of repairs go smoothly and are sorted within days, so we're sorry this wasn't the case in this particular instance.
Appalling service. It took over 3 months to fix a damper assembly problem on a Daewoo fridge/freezer. Go Assist were absolutely useless in following up with the contractor they appointed. They promised to get in touch with contractor and call back on several occasions but didn't.
After 3 months an engineer turned up but they had sourced the wrong part. Finally, after another week the right part arrived and the fridge/freezer is now working properly.
My advice is do not use this company or its associates, who all work out of the same call centre in Bournemouth. No apology or expression of regret for abysmal service received.
Hi Bob, we are sorry you feel let down by Go Assist. The part taking so long to arrive was out of our control, but we understand your frustration with this. It is good to hear everything is working properly now and if we can be of help in the future please do get in contact.
No engineer turned up on the day. Then after hours of chasing I was told the engineers didn't even have my details. Following this I was then told they did but the engineer had died and they had no idea when they would get an engineer out to me. I finally cancelled the appointment after a few weeks of messing about, found a local family run business who fixed my dishwasher in less than 10 minutes for less than half the price!
Hello, we do apologise for your negative experience. It was hugely unfortunate that the engineer assigned to your dishwasher died on the day of the repair. Needless to say, this was outside of our control and we were not informed until a few days later. Our apologies again and we hope you will give us a second chance should you require our service in the future.
What went right? You promise what you can't deliver by relying on franchises who don't uphold your promise of customer service and getting hold of you on the phone is nigh on impossible and utterly frustrating. Never again
Hi Kate. Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our service. The vast majority of our repairs go well and it was unfortunate that our engineers were particularly busy at the time you needed them.
Bait and switch, just a money collection service. Still waiting for my refund......
Hi, sorry to hear you feel this way. We've checked your file and your card was refunded back in March. Please don't hesitate to contact customer services if we can be of any help.
Go Assist Ltd is rated 4.44 based on 1,144 reviews