GigGear Reviews

of reviewers recommend GigGear
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read GigGear Reviews

About GigGear:

GigGear is a musical instrument shop based in Harlow, Essex with over 25 years of service. We supply electric guitars, guitar amps, acoustic guitars, electro acoustic guitars, bass guitars, acoustic drums, electric drums, PA systems, keyboards, pianos, music accessories and more to the UK and Europe.

We are main dealers for many leading top brands including Gibson, Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Roland, BOSS, Pearl, Mapex, Zildjian, Sabian, Remo, TC Electronic, Ashdown and Mackie with trained, knowledgeable staff dedicated to supplying expert advice.

Our store has an on-site workshop that delivers a truly professional service for guitar, amp, bass, drum and brass & woodwind repairs or general maintenance. We also have a team of GigGear music tutors that teach from our dedicated tuition rooms with guitar lessons, bass lessons, drum lessons, piano lessons and more available.

Our Harlow Superstore is within easy reach of London and the Home Counties including Hertfordshire - Hertford, Ware, Bishops Stortford, Hatfield and Welwyn, Cambridge, Berkshire and Kent.

Our website (www.giggear.co.uk) and mail order team provide the same high level of service and competitive pricing that our store customers receive, ensuring a professional and satisfying experience is had whether you buy online or in-store.

sales@giggear.co.uk

Unit B St James Centre,East Road,Harlow,Essex

Tell us how GigGear made you happy
GigGear 5 star review on 31st August 2020
GigGear 5 star review on 15th November 2019
Paul Langley
GigGear 5 star review on 13th November 2019
Chris Ktori
I’m a bit hesitant to write this as I don’t feel this tells the whole story but I feel it needs to be addressed as it can help your store. I’ve just started taking lessons and needed a new guitar. I was recommended your store by my guitar tutor so I already I thought to my self “great someone who’s used this store before, what can go wrong”. Upon entering the store the 2 members of staff I could see were already demoing some instruments to other customers so I took a little walk round the store looking at the guitars and bits and bobs you sell. 20 minutes later still waiting for a member of staff to come free or approach me if they saw me looking lost. Once a member of staff was free he greeted me and I told him my situation and to give him credit he was excellent at demoing me guitars that he recommended for my ability. He didn’t over sell things I didn’t need and was great. He was an elderly chap with long grey hair. 10/10 for service. He left me to look about whilst I made my mind up in this time another member of staff was showing a customer quite an expensive guitar for around £2000. He let this customer take it off the stand handle it and put it back after a few minutes handling it. They were say 2m away from me so I saw a guitar I liked and picked it up. Bare in mind the employee let this customer pick up a £2000 guitar with no issues the attitude and tone of voice I got from the same member of staff was not pleasant considering the guitar I picked up cost £400. I’m a 33 year old man, I was brought up with respect and dignity and to be spoken to in such a patronising tone the way I was spoken to wasn’t best pleased and I was ready to walk out the shop. Call me sensitive but this wasnt fair compared to what I just saw with the other customer picking up a £2000 guitar. Anyway I’m not here to shred the shop to pieces as I had a great experience from the elderly chap but the other bearded bloke who spoke to me rudely is who I’m taking issue with. The shop has a great amount of products and staff knowledge I experienced was second to none but maybe loose the attitude as to someone who’s never walked into a guitar shop before could easily have put them off for their next visit.
Hi Darren Thanks for your review. Sorry that your experience visiting our store didn't meet your expectations. We do ask all of our customers to refrain from picking up guitars themselves, and signage around the store supports this. We ask this for two reasons: firstly, in order to maintain a high level of sanitation in store during the Covid 19 pandemic, we have to be able to keep track of which guitars are being tried. Knowing which guitars are being played allows us to sanitise each instrument after the demonstration, ensuring the ongoing safety of our customers and staff. Secondly, our stock is often arranged in such a way that guitars are positioned very close to each other, both on the wall, and in floor-based displays. Whilst this allows us to showcase our stock, it does, unfortunately, make it easy to accidentally knock guitars together, potentially causing damage. If a customer has spoken to us about trying a guitar, we will remove it from the display, give it a tune-up and provide them with a guitar stand that can be used whilst they are doing their demo. In these instances, we are happy for customers to pick up and put down guitars themselves as they aren't having to put the guitar back amongst other stock, and it allows us to note which guitar(s) they are playing. If our request to not handle any guitars came across as patronising or rude, please be assured that this was certainly not our intention and we apologise if it came across this way. Many thanks for your purchase with us, we hope you enjoy your new guitar and look forward to welcoming you back into our store again soon.
I have made a number of purchases from giggear over the years. They carry a good selection of new and second hand and the staff are great!Friendly, knowedgable and never patronizing😉👍
Great service from GigGear. The pictures of the guitar, including the weight, gave a perfect overview of what I was going to get. Fast and easy delivery. Nice!
Great place, profesional helpfully knowledgeable staff always happy to help and advise. Highly recommended.
Great service speedy delivery
Excellent service, fabulous Martin guitar, ordered on Monday and delivered on Tuesday. Couldn’t ask for more, brilliant.
Very prompt delivery with excellent customer service on a telephone. Pleasant and honest, I have recommended this company to others!
Amazing service from GigGear, will definitely be buying off them again. Fast delivery and great communication.
I've always found the staff at GigGear enthusiastic, very approachable, extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Such a great selection of gear and fairly priced too.
Gig gear is always great to visit. Friendly staff who give you space to look, but are super helpful when you do have a question. Unlike a lot of guitar stores the staff at gig gear are not obnoxious or moody.
The staff at Gig Gear are extremely knowledgeable and professional as well as being very friendly and helpful. Would definitely reccomend to others.
I will admit I was suspicious at first of the cheaper prices from a store I hadn't heard of before. In reality I was wrong to be so sceptical, the item I ordered arrived perfectly, it was very well packaged, arrived quickly and was a 100% genuine item. The store is now bookmarked on my browser and I regularly check there before ordering anything.
Great service and super fast delivery . Will deffo use again 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Fast and efficient. Good quality products.
Excellent customer service when contacted about delivery, well chuffed with my purchase!!!
Fantastic service and instrument I've just received from Giggear!!. Ordered my new Epiphone Les Paul at 9am and received it by 10.30am the next day! Packaged well and the instrument is immaculate, even in tune & totally ready to go! Highly recommended and would definitely use them again.Thanks Giggear!!
Very helpful with questions I asked. Keyboard turned up promptly. Really enjoying playing. Thanks.
They got in touch quickly to make sure I was happy to wait as the stock would take longer than anticipated to come in. In the end it arrived in good time for the new date and was well packaged. Great price too for what I needed. Will use again.
Really professional and friendly team who helped me with my purchases over the past year - online, phone and in-store. Definitely my 'go-to' music store.
Quick Delivery and product exactly as described.
GigGear is rated 4.94 based on 1,795 reviews