Lancaster Insurance Reviews

28% of reviewers recommend Lancaster Insurance
8PM
8PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Lancaster Insurance?

Tell us how Lancaster Insurance made you happy

"So I sold my car after less than 2 months and was refunded £0. I was also told that this was due to theeir beneficence as they gave me a discount on the cancellation fee such that it should habe cost me more to cancel than to leave it to run the remaining 10 months. I had another dealing with them that I felt was unfair do I won't be using them again and I suggest you don't either."
Are you Lancaster Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"This is a company that is untrustworthy! After some several months of argument through lengthy correspondence, I was eventually pledged a small refund. It is now more than a year since the promised refund and I still have nothing, other than a claim that payment was sent, but no proof provided, just an unknown name they claimed to have sent the payment to. I am unable to get any justice from this company as I am not financially flush enough to get justice. I strongly recommend that you avoid any form of dealings with this company. It could cost you dearly."
"Had a policy one month and changed my car, they wanted nearly double for a cheaper car and when I cancelled they wanted £150 to cancel , awful staff with attitude problems and never respond when u email them , I will never use them again if they was the last car insurance on earth is sooner use a bike ????????"
"The policy looks cheap initially, however when I informed them I had sold my car the policy was cancelled and I had to pay a hefty cancellation charge - it would have been cheaper just to have let the policy run its course. They then threaten going to debt collectors if you don't pay up straight away. Will not be using them again."
"Cancelled policy after barely 6hrs after I received the policy scheduled as I wasn't pleased with the wordings as I feel the policy wouldn't suit my need. Rang the customer service centre and spoke to an agent and also a team manager who resolved the issue. Both were really helpful. Wordings could have been clearer to enable people to make an informed decision on whether or not to take out policy. The cancellation fee was high but managed to come to an agreement for a much lower fee. I think its all down to approach we all take to get things resolved but ultimately pleased with the outcome."
"Do not insure with this company . It had a mileage restriction on it that I was not made aware of. I payed in full before my other insurance ran out. I phoned and was told they only wanted my no claims bonus I ask is that all that needed yes was the reply. if I had known I would not of insured with these cowboys. plus I have 20 years no claim bonus but my previous insurer only will put 10 years on it. now they want more money even when I have 20 years. and to cancel will cost a fortune. well and truly stitched up."
"Extortionate cancellation fee. Amounted to insurers time on risk plus Lancaster's 120% fee on top!"
"Dreadful service and ridiculous charges. Totally incompetent staff. To those who have cancelled and received no return premium, contact the actual insurers [Lancaster are only the brokers] and ask how much the refund due is. Then press Lancaster for settlement as they will have been credited with the return premium by the insurers. If they don't repay you, I would regard that as theft. Report to the Insurance Ombudsman AND ESPECIALLY to the Financial Conduct Authority who regulate Lancaster quoting their authorisation number which is on their site."
"I have to echo the review posted by the Plough Inn. Lancaster Insurance have without doubt the most abysmal, incompetent administration I have ever come across in an insurance company. I had a difficult time finalising my bog-standard Land Rover policy with them last year because they kept saying they hadn't received my no claims evidence. We eventually got that sorted after numerous emails and telephone conversations....then came renewal time. They doubled my premium and reduced my no claims from 9 years (maximum) to 2 years because they said they had never received my original no claims evidence - even though I have emails from them to the contrary!!! The useless call centre operator then insisted it was my responsibility to go back to my previous insurer to resubmit the evidence to Lancaster Insurance - unbelievable!! I will never use this organisation again and would warn anyone considering them to first contemplate the incompetent administration and woeful customer service that they will be entering into. (PS - I didn't want to leave an anonymous review, but the name box isn't activating even when I type in it - Landy Andy)"
"Very good service would recommend to anyone. Excellent price, exceeding good service."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"After six months of having car insurance sold car and when i cancelled policy was told i would have to pay a £50 cancellation fee and i would receive the bill in next 7 days , 10 days after i cancelled i received a letter saying that despite previous attempts they had made to collect i had not paid the money and if i did not pay immediately they would submit the account to a debt collection agency at an extra cost of £37 . I will never insure with them again."
"Brilliant insurance provider, would recommend to anyone."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"I found that every one I spoke to at Lancaster insurance were curious and I would really like to recommend Lancaster insurance to family and friends."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Insurance purchased for MX5 on the understanding that it would be for a period of six month. I was led to believe that there would be no cancellation/ administration fee. I was charged £50 even though I had promised to renew the policy with them. Very disappointed with the shoddy treatment. I will not be using them again. Their loss.!!!!!!!!"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"easy pleasant transaction , excellent communication"
"Very good"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Absolutely pathetic I insured a motorhome, when the renewal came round I decided to sell, the new buyer brought the motorhome and insured through Lancaster Insurance. I called to make it clear that I would not need to renew but they did anyway even with a second policy with them, now they are threatening to debt collectors EVEN when the Ombudsman has said we should not pay. You can get the sales number but customer services NEVER answer or call back when they promise. The result is I would like to pay the amount and then get it recovered, but they won't answer the phone and I will probably get a negative mark on my credit history. ***DO NOT USE THEY ARE THIEVES AND LIARS***"
"I had this claim open for 6 weeks then I cancelled it because I didn't own the car anymore , I was supposed to get a refund of 75% of the money payd at the start , I still to this day have not received my money . Not happy"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"We have been with Lancaster for around 3 weeks and can only endorse everything other reviewers have stated with regard appalling overall service. Absolutely abysmal service and it would be an improvement if the staff had one brain cell put together. My wife is again at this moment on to Lancaster trying to sort out yet another problem regarding our full no claims, they are now saying they did not receive the confirmation papers etc etc despite our having a name from another person who actually confirmed that she had received it days ago! Quite frankly hearing my wife's conversation I do not think they even know what a no claims entitlement is or even their own address. My wife has had to repeat on numerous occasions what actual address they have their end and where the papers were sent..what an absolute shower. 4X4 SPECIALISTS...WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE, BACK THROUGH OUR BROKER NEXT TIME AND SOD GO COMPARE! AVOID THESE PEOPLE UNLESS YOU HAVE EXCEPTIONAL PATIENCE AND VERY GOOD NERVES..GEMMA WOULD CERTAINLY PUT YOU IN AN EARLY GRAVE!!"
"Subsequent to my last review, I received an email from Lancaster advising me that they required copies of my driving license. I called them on Saturday morning twice to obtain clarification and could not get through. Finally I got through on Saturday afternoon and was told that they do not require copies of my driving license after all. This was done orally over the phone so I have no proof of what I've been told. An email arrived from them this morning addressed to 'Dear Sirs' and states:- 'it appears you have spoken to one of our agents who managed to resolve your query. Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us'. You would have thought that they would have taken the trouble to state in writing that they do not actually require copies of my driving license. So, of course, I'm wondering whether I might receive another re-instating their need for the copy license. I will keep you all posted. Once again I say keep well clear of this company."
Lancaster Insurance is rated 2.19 based on 128 reviews