Lancaster Insurance Reviews

4PM
4PM

Tell us how Lancaster Insurance made you happy

Over a week
"An absolute disgrace of a company. After having a windscreen fitted that was faulty, I am now 14 weeks in to the process of trying to get it replaced. After continual phone calls with Lancaster and Auto Windscreens, I have received no help from either company and during which I was brilliantly called a liar by the Auto windscreens manager (Judy) over the phone. Lancaster insurance have promised to call me back on several occasions but have failed to do so every time. When I have resorted to calling them back (again) they state they are just brokers so it is nothing to do with them. In my 25 years of business and customer service I have never been so shocked by such poor (disgraceful) customer service. I would urge all never to ever use this company."
Are you Lancaster Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"These people do not answer phone calls. Can't reply to emails. Yes they are the cheapest,but you get what you pay for. Managed to get out before anything happened. I was only insured for three days then got charged £30. Better to pay more money than use Lancaster. BIG mistake. Be warned!"
"used an online comparison site to get a quote which was the cheapest. Then we get bombarded with questions which we have already answered and which they already know as we have insured with them several times before. Then we get a threatening letter saying if we don't send them copies of our License they will suspend our Insurance and notify the Police our vehicle is uninsured. I am 57 have had a clean license for more than 35 years and never had an Insurance claim"
"Renewed my policy on 29th March and wanted to cancel policy on 21st April as the car was being SORN, With all the fees, cancellation charges etc etc I was entitled to a refund of £4 which they would not do because it was less that £10, all on a policy that cost £169. What a rip off. I will pursue it with the FSO but the car will remain insured as its not worth cancelling the policy. BE AWARE OF THIS WHEN YOU RENEW."
"It cost me £170 to cancel my policy stay away"
"Avoid like the plague. These lancashire con artists charged me 100 pounds to cancel my insurance.It quite clearly states on their website that the cancellation fee is UP TO 50 pounds but you are then told that there is a policy set up fee which is 70 pounds!!! Also had problems with the scamming finance company they use which go into your bank account and take money with no warning.DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.DO NOT BE ENTICED BY THEIR LOW QUOTES THEY ARE ABSOLUTE SCAMMERS,SCAVENGERS AND BLOODSUCKING LEECHES!! They would steal the briefs from your backside if they could.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!"
"Vent here about Lancaster if you wish, but taking real action against the bandits is better. Start by sending your complaints to the Legal Ombudsman - a body set up to examine shoddy standards by lawyers and the legal profession. Our target here is company secretary Chris Payne at Lancaster's parent company. Payne's conduct in his senior role will be of great interest to the Law Society who take a dim view of members bringing their industry into disrepute. Don't sit on your grievances. Here's the very simple form to begin the fight. http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/?portfolio=complaint-form-claims-management-companies Please do keep Lancaster in the spotlight with your social media posts. Coming soon, pictures of the complicit men and women who are running Lancaster and fleecing clients."
"Lancaster are clearly a cowboy outfit. It appears to be run on similar lines to a junk bond boiler room sales operation. The carrot of "low prices" to hook you in, then a rapid phone process to write up the business, and of course take your payment. Once processed your nightmare with Lancaster will begin and they have no more time for us suckers. In my case I was unwittingly driving uninsured for 4 months as Lancaster erroneously cancelled my policy 30 days after inception. Of course my vehicle eventually showed up on the police database and I got fined. During a week of calling, e-mails and hassle I eventually got an operative to agree they had fouled up. "I need to take this higher sir and will get our brokers to decide if we should re-insure you back-dated or start you off again with a fresh policy." I stupidly believed this for all of a day, then of course realised no one is ever going to make contact. They've had my money, I'm no longer insured, and now I can get lost. So now we will play to the same rules as Lancaster. Please consider making contact after considering this. We begin with complaints to the bodies that recognise Lancaster and their business. That means the Financial Ombudsman and the Financial Services authorities plus the insurance industry federations. Next they are reported to the police for fraud as they are essentially stealing money from the public. I have already researched the parent group and members of the board along with all relevant names and addresses so we can name and shame the guilty men. In certain cases, including my own, I recommend invoicing demands for payment for loss of time/earnings and inconvenience while cars are laid up or one is forced to rent vehicles (as I had to). It is also legitimate to demand reimbursement of any fines incurred through their incompetence. Send in your demands as a Formal Notice of impending action with a strict deadline for responding. Once Lancaster go beyond that without responding you can fast track your way into small claims court actions and/or the appointment of bailiffs. The more people who band together to pursue a class action the sooner Lancaster will cave in. However, to keep up the pressure, black propaganda on all your social media is a powerful and legitimate tactic. Begin the process now of posting your complaints throughout Facebook, Twitter and car/motoring related forums and web sites. Always upload the Lancaster logo if you can when posting. My background is journalism so I know how to get consumer affairs correspondents for all the newspapers to light a fire under Lancaster. I shall begin the campaign with Martin Lewis at moneysupermarket.com. Hope you read this Lancaster, I'm looking forward to the fight."
"Avoid this company they're rip-off company. they took money from my account without my knowledge, when I cancelled DD then they created a some kind of debt of 114£ then 150 then 200 and it goes on and on until you pay them. I think there should be some kind of law to protect poor people like me from this kind of dodgy companies."
"They use a company called Premium Credit for financing the insurance. Ok until you want to cancel, you then realise you will get very little refund. Also if you or your bank accidentally cancels off your DD, they don't warn you, they just charge you a £20 fee to remind you to set it back up, included is a Default letter which is total rubbish as they cannot default you until you have had a chance to remedy the payment. Utter sharks!"
"My experience echoes some others on here. I have just had to cancel insurance with Direct Line - 83% of policy remaining and I received 80% of my premium back within two days. After selling my MGB I have cancelled my insurance held through Lancaster with 45% of the policy remaining - amount reimbursed 0%. Yes I daresay as the man said its all in the small print - no refund on legal cover and breakdown, cancellation charge etc. Still, if one company can do it ..."
"I have been insured through Lancaster for 3 claim-free years. My renewal this year has increased by over 370% !!! I have spoken to them twice today and the only sensible reason I was able to get for this outrageous hike was that I don't have a garage. I have never had a garage. So I shopped around and managed to get (better) cover at a saving of over £400 on the Lancaster renewal quote. They need to try harder and work with better insurers! And their policies will not accrue for NCB purposes."
"Renewals sent through with ridiculous increases. Only when I phoned up to query did they get back to reality or else I would have been conned out of the money. Disgusting! Once I had paid the money I asked the person at Lanc. Ins. if there was anything else to do. No came back the reply you are complete in every way. One day later I find they require on both cars classic"agreed valuations" pictures etc. again after only 12 months. All other Ins Co. will only require every 3/5 years. Lancaster Insurance is in the dark ages with miles and miles of admin etc. and nothing but time consuming grief on the customers part. They need to step into the 21st century. Will not renew again, dreadful company. For an Insurance Co thats attached to a car club like the M.G.O.C. a total disgrace. Should not be allowed to advertise in the Magazine."
"Bought policy for car then they cancelled it from date of inception therefore policy did not exist. However refuse to refund deposit paid. The cancelled policy was for a motorbike where it was wrote of. Obviously cancelled policy. These are cowboys and I am currently reporting to financial ombudsman service"
"Oh my goodness!!! I had a policy after reading all the bad reviews I went for it and left a 5 star review. All the 1 star reviews said avoid... I should have listened. Now nearing end of policy they want 6 times more. I asked why and she said my 10 year old car is too NEW. I questioned her and she hung up. Disgraceful company and I will report to Ombudsman."
"This is the worst Insurance Company that I have ever had.My bank did nother honour a direct debit because there was £6 short to meet the monthly premium. I called Lancaster the following day to pay the premium.They charged £20 extra for missing payment.Moreover they refused to update my policy to business insurance.This Company rips people off.I will definitely be cancelling after this."
"the worst insurance I ever had, never again, they lost 1 year of my no claim bonus, they were rude and charging lots of extra fees - stay away from them"
"WARNING DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY 0 Stars in fact i want to talk about this first. Before my review they were 40 in which 24 of them being 1 star in fact the 2 star rating is much worse when you consider that you have put in 1 star reading these reviews i can clearly see that if we had the choice the ratings will be much much lower poss lessthan 1 so please dont make the same mistake as me when going on line do your reserch on them1 star is an joke. On a classic car insurance with Lancaster yes they do take all your years no claims off of you. Tryed to send documents to my phone, will only send proper documents through the post if you pay a further £4.50, Lancaster hide behind confusing emails and will not ring you when they did i still got nowhere they do not understand what are saying I found Lancaster compleatly unintelligant, they do not. respect the 14 day cooling off period I lost my job just before Christmas as they would not do anything to help me i cancelled the direct debit because they did not respect the cooling off period looks like i have to pay £45.05 can not pay this as only getting £7.58 a week so they are setting up a repayment plan of 10 pence a month yes you see right 10 PENCE a month discusting company also want me to ring them once a month to pay this worked out this will take 37.6 years to pay this off if i live that long i will be over 95 years old good chance i will be paying this still when i am 6 foot under IDIOTS. YOU HAVE BE WARNED DO NOT USE LANCASTER I have learnt from this i would now be going to A plan or Swinton worth paying a few quid more for a much better company. Its ok to go on line but dont just steam in when you see a cheap quote come through dont make the mistakes i did do your reserch on them look at there reviews page"
"On hold to customer service? Good luck! You will be on hold forever..................."
"Terrible service from Lancaster last night. Broke down 200 miles from home, called them, went through a half an hour phone call giving all my details and arranging pickup only to be passed between three people then told they couldn't confirm I was covered. Called me at 1200 today to confirm I was covered... Far too late as my wife and I were waiting for a train home after arranging our own repairs and sorting out a night accommodation and missing work today. Flabbergasted. Absolutely shocking service. I will be rearranging my insurance promptly this week."
Lancaster Insurance is rated 2.09 based on 152 reviews