Constructaquote.com Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Constructaquote.com

How would you rate Constructaquote.com?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

15 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Speed, price, lovely people to deal with.

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Constructaquote.com in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Speed, price, lovely people to deal with."
"Couldn't get any worse. This company comes top on the comparison sites as they are always the cheapest. My orginal quote was £500 then charged me an extra £25 for changing the date from when my insurance was going to start. Lost all my 13 years no claims as this is my second van and then charged me an additional £350. If I had to cancel to policy they would also charge me again another £25 cancellation fee. I have dealt with alot of insurance companies in the past and Construct A Quote are the worst. Wont be using this company from now on."
"As with the others, received a quote and made a payment. The company then decided to double the fee. The first reason given differed to the second reason, and none of the staff seemed to give the same reason. Was passed between three different people who need lessons in customer service, to say the least. Cancelled the insurance and they charged cancellation fee £ 25! Trading standards will be contacted!"
"The same as everyone else, pay the deposit insurance was set up 2 days later get a phone call saying need to validate insuranceand price went up nearly 200 so refused to pay that much insurance cancelled left me on a job with no insurance and if it needed validating must of had no insurance for the 2 days I was working, I was furious I am fighting them on the temp insurance bill I needed to get back from work, absolutely ridiculous company should be shut down."
"Would give zero if I could these are awful when using price comparison sites they come top so when u take out cover and pay your not actually covered until a member of staff calls u to the validate the cover when they ring they have a objective to try and get rid of the online discount so you gotta pay more really false advertising and a really clever way to intice customers then if u wanna cancel they charge a £25 fee bunch of crooks shouldn’t be allowed to trade and can’t understand why Fca or Fos not looking into this company just be careful"
"Absolutely terrible worst company I've dealt with in over 40 yrs, never again !"
"Excellent Service - made sure that I was covered correctly"
"Changed the goal posts when speaking to them to comfirm details, after using comparethemarket.com ended up cancelling but they charged £25 fee?. Bank agreed it was False advertising so did a charge back."
"Excellent Service"
"Bought and paid for van insurance online, via CompareTheMarket. Did not receive any acknowledgement for two days, so I emailed them and asked them to call me back, which they duly did. There then followed a lengthy conversation wherein the lady on the phone went over every question included in the proposal, and at the end announced that in some way the vehicle I specified in the application was different from the one that the quote from CompareTheMarket was based on (it's not different at all, it's the exact same model) and consequently I would have to cough up an extra one hundred and ninety quid. As you can imagine, I was not impressed and asked them to forget the whole thing and refund what I'd already paid. She agreed, and then said that there would be a £25 cancellation fee. "But cover hasn't started yet," I said, but she was adamant that it was in the T&Cs and not negotiable. I was sick of arguing by that point and agreed, but £25 to cancel a policy that hasn't yet started sounds suspect to me..."
"We purchased van insurance online. Their tactics of this company to call you straight after you have paid for your insurance cover and they want to validate the information you have already supplied online and their objective is to find different faults in the information that you have supplied e.g. level of cover etc and based on that, they then calculate a new insurance premium for you which is way, way more expensive than it would have cost you if you had gone with the next company on the comparison websites. If then decide to cancel at this stage, then will charge you cancellation fees and it then gets messy. Dodgy, dodgy company. Please, please, please STAY AWAY."
"Took my money and didn't deliver the policy I was expecting. After completing an online purchase I had to ring to "Validate" the policy only to be told the price would go up as the Van policy would need to be in my Ltd Co name (which has zero years no claims) and if I wanted to cancel they would charge me £25 they still have my full premium of £490.00 and I'm not sure when this will be refunded. I would not recommend this company, they may be the cheapest on Confused.com and that is for a reason."
"Disgusting service, a complete con, picked quote & paid in full, next day Construct a quote called to go through quote again, requite & said it's over £100 more - still waiting for my money back, no response to emails - DO NOT USE"
"Straightforward and eager to please and do business."
(Van Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Just glad to have my van insured with no hassle and that's what I got"
(Van Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago