Churchill Reviews

74% of reviewers recommend Churchill

How would you rate Churchill?

539 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
J. Hatfield

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Churchill in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I have a car, house and van policy with Churchill and I was always happy with the service. Unfortunately, the van insurance is now administered by Brightside Insurance Services Ltd, so Churchill is only on the letterhead, the service stops there. Brightsides first act was to take away my 9 years mirrored NCD orginally set-up by and honoured by Churchill as a long-term customer, I had 4 yrs of my own too. When my empty and parked vehicle was collided with by a stolen car being blocked in unsuccessfully by police the cost was my excess and two years NCD. I also had to manage the entire claim myself because the vehicle was leased and had to be mended by a Ford approved repair centre in accordance with the lease. Churchill/Brightside Insurance couldn't offer a Ford approved repair centre. The legal cover I had took my details but then never responded beyond that and in addition, I had vehicle replacement cover, the vehicle offered was a car, not much use for a business. A poor and costly experience after years of good service, so much for loyalty."
"Stay clear of this horrible insurance company. They have an Absolutely discusting attitude and shocking customer service. I had a policy voided for making a silly mistake which has now made my life so much more difficult when trying to get insurance. They also kept my premium.. Ofcourse. Stay clear of them. They do not care about their customers just the profit. I will be advising everyone I know to stay clear of this horrible company."
"good communication so far hope we never have to claim."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 days ago
"I have used Churchill many times for my car insurance and they are consistently offering competitive prices for my comprehensive insurance. Their website is easily navigated and although I have not made a claim I am perfectly happy with the services they provide. My insurance this year came with a year's free breakdown service added on so I was delighted."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 days ago
"Very helpful"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 days ago
"I'd just joined Churchill insurance when I scraped the whole right hand side of my car on a bollard. I was traumatised and didn't think I would be covered so soon after joining. I phoned the claims department and was treated so kindly and professionally. They got the ball rolling immediately and i had a courtesy car whilst my car was being fixed. No hassle and brilliant service from everyone involved. So I brought my household insurance over too. Very happy."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 days ago
"Had a quote from them as a continuing customer. Because I failed to properly disclose a previous claim, they increased the premium by 25% which was fair enough. However, when I agreed to this, they then increased the premium again by another £100 ! The reason given was that the original quote was for an old customer, but because I had paused a few days before deciding to take it up I had become a" new customer" and warranted the extra premium. This is not the way to win customers. They certainly lost me !"
"The worst car insurance company I have been with! I originally decided to use Churchill as they offered me a really good deal, how ever i soon found them very hard to deal with. After having set up a direct debit alongside the direct debits set up for the 5 other individuals i have insured with Churchill they lost all paperwork for the direct debit and was unable to receive payment. I made payment over the phone and again filled out a direct debit form which ONCE AGAIN went missing! This ofcourse was my fault and as i received no calls or mail regarding the issue assumed everything was fine. However i received a call informing me my insurance was canceled and i had a fee to pay. One week later without any notice I received a letter from a debt agency as it had been passed onto them! Be wary when taking out with Churchill they are there to make a quick sale and are unattached to the well fair of their customers."
"Really easy to purchase, excellent price, and so convenient to do it all so easily online"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Very antiquated company in terms of customer service. I wished to change the address, due to a move, on my car insurance. I went online - apparently you have to register with a code sent by post to allow access, to see details of your policy and make any changes. Why is this done automatically when you take out a policy? So last century... A week later when you get the code in the post, there's actually very little you can do online. Certainly not change your address. When I eventually managed to get somebody on the online chat (who was clearly dealing with at leats 2 or 3 other people at the same time...) I was informed that it would cost £85 to change the address. I had 4 months left on my policy and was moving to a "safer" postcode. Extortionate cost. I obtained a new quote from a different company at 25% less. With a week to go I contacted Churchill to cancel the policy with a weeks notice to be told I could only cancel no earlier than 24 hours before I wanted the policy to terminate. And the agent refused to tell me how extortionate the cancellation fee would be! I found the whole experience bizarre to say the least."
"Very friendly helpful and easy to approch."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"I took out the policy because it was supposed to have free Green Flag cover. I was charged for the Green Flag cover and when I rang Churchill the operator said I was wrong, despite the fact that it was on my statement in front of me. The operator refused to deal with it, so not only was the customer service appalling, but I was cheated out of the cost of the Green Flag cover - I would NEVER use Churchill again"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"As I have not made a claim on my insurance I cannot compote a full review, all I can say is the insurance documents were sent promptly after completing the insurance forms"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Very helpful and I am very pleased with every aspect of there service"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"don't buy via go compare they steal your cashback. cheating b ds"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"If you are hoping to take out car insurance with an honest, trustworthy, reasonably priced company stay away from Churchill. I have had an experience with them recently which has put me off for life. I claimed for vandalism/ damage done to my car where I was not at fault and paid £400 excess toward the repair. When I subsequently cancelled my policy with Churchill having found a much better deal elsewhere - cancellation was confirmed then I found to my utter disgust that my bank account had been debited without my consent to the tune of almost £300 without prior notice or warning by Churchill, I consider this debit when my contractor with Churchill had been terminated- THEFT why take out insurance cover with a company that is a THIEF protect yourselves stay away from CHURCHILL"
"I saved a reasonable amount of money going to Churchill"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"with churchill for 20 years price just kept going up even with full no claims nearly 800 pound for a 1.6 tdci focus 2011 got new car 1.6 tdci 2014 audi a3 sportback axa insurance 380 no brainer churchill you need to look after loyal people not take them for a ride lady on the phone for churchiill when i cancelled my policy was very nice but could not get any where near axa quote axa cover was better than churcill by the way people like me are to loyal to companys like churchill do what i did shop round save money sould have dumped them years ago"
"Insisted that I changed the insurance from the old car to the new. Then charged me £84 a month for the old car. If they'd done as I requested it would have been a lot cheaper. I won't be renewing with them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"very good & proffesional company!! customer focus very good Regards"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago