Carphone Warehouse Reviews

14% of reviewers recommend Carphone Warehouse
4PM
4PM

About Carphone Warehouse: The Carphone Warehouse was founded in 1989 to bring mobile services to consumers. The market has always been complex and our aim from the very beginning has been to offer our customers simple, impartial advice while also offering outstanding value. As a result we have grown from a handful of stores operating exclusively in the UK selling mobile handsets and contracts, to a European-wide platform of over 1,500 stores in 10 countries, providing a wide range of mobile and residential telecoms services.

The Carphone Warehouse, PO Box 375

customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"Cannot check repair the site is down. Customer services will not give me any information."
Are you Carphone Warehouse? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"very helpful and polite"
"I have bought two Iphones from Carphone Warehouse in the past, but went into the Westwood branch about purchasing a Sim only deal this time. Dino could not have been more helpful even for such a small purchase. I will have no hesitation in going into Westwood Carphone Warehouse future when I need a new phone, or recommending them to my friends and family. Many thanks:)"
"Really impressed with the Kingswood branch in Bristol. Spoken to a lovely guy of the name of George who had only been in the job for free days. Really gone out his way to help me with a problem and will be a great asset too the company. I felt I had too make a review because so many people take the time out to complain but never go out the way to complement someone who’s done a great job !"
"Dear Carphone Warehouse Further to my email of 11/03/2019 15:18 I note I have not received any response from you. The allegations are that: 1. You failed to acknowledge receipt of the mobile phone device that was sent to the Carphone Warehouse Trade In Department and signed for on 05/03/2019 by yourselves. No communication from the Trade-In Team has been received in any form. 2. The 'promised' £355.00 trade in price within 3 working days (as stated on your website/promo material) is still not within my bank account after 5 Working Days. 3. You are in breach of your own terms and conditions outlined at: https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/trade-in.html 4. If you cannot provide an effective trade in service, you should halt operations with IMMEDIATE EFFECT until the issues can be resolved. This is to allow resolution of ongoing issues (it's clear other customers are impacted) and to put your 'customers' interests first. 5. You have provided non-existent customer service from start to finish - countless times I have been told further information will be available within the hour - only to be told it's not available. This is possibly due to lack of communication between the customer service/trade in teams which needs to be resolved with IMMEDIATE effect. 6. Despite asking on numerous occasions to speak to a customer service manager, this is never possible - possibly because you do not care about customer feedback?. Based on the above information and that logged under complaint reference 28373190 I invite you to make a final decision no later than 17:00 on Thursday 14th March 2019. This gives you 3 working days to conduct a full investigation into the matters outlined above allowing you to bring this matter to a close that puts the customers first. I would also like to take the opportunity to remind you this is a £355 trade in - not something to the £50 value. Failure to resolve the complaint and trade-in issues to 14/03/2019 (which seems more than likely) this complaint will be escalated to Mark Reynolds, Investor Relations Manager on Friday 15th March. Yours Faithfully Jack Vockins"
"Gravesend store gave misleading info and said I had 14 day cooling off period. Am on day 9 have been into store 3 times and they refuse to cancel contract. They don't answer phones. Horrendous service"
"Purchase was fine trade in a disaster with no customer COMMUNICATION and poor customer service. No possible verbal communication results in frustration, and as for retaining my handset for over a month without any explanation. Trading standards should investigate this APPAULING area of the company"
"I wouldn't recommend carphone warehouse to anyone and anyone who goes with them may want to think before they have anything from them as we purchased a phone on contract with them it took 3 days for it to be connected then to find out that they connected it to my dads sons account and was taking the money out of his account not once but twice then we tried I return the phone and they are telling me they wont have the phone back even though the phone was cut off we have had nothing but problems from carphone warehouse and they are not helpful at all and then when I was in store a customer service advisor was in a customers face offering her out for a fight which is bad it's the oldbury branch and i definitely wouldn't recommend these ti anyone"
"Completely useless, offered me a deal over the phone and then set me up with a different contract. Complained twice but they take 10 working days to get back to you. And then somehow they managed to enter my address on the system wrong so I couldn’t even get back through security and the only way to speak to get this sorted is to go into store. What was sold as an easy upgrade has turned into a nightmare"
"Terrible company the customer service is shocking they wont even refund my money even though I have a 14 day cooling off period the sim they sent me is deactivated so I have what I thought to be a new contract with a new phone new sim and number to find out they just upgraded mine and the 14 day refund does not count I'm going to the financial onbusman to see where I stand they have taken my money left me with a useless number and wont refund it back they are criminals when you call you mite as well talk to a letiuce they are rude don't understand anything you explain please avoid this company I don't know how they are still operating looking at all the reviews I wish I had read them all before using them"
"Just finished a telephone conversation with an extremely rude and unhelpful telephone consultant. Subsequently tried calling customer service to complain but was referred to on line enquiry then my call was disconnected. Attempted live chat but they left the conversation abruptly. I will never use this company again as their whole aim is not to engage in live conversation which is ironic considering their business is to sell telephones. If you value customer service look elsewhere."
"Worst company I've ever dealt with, greedy and rude and have just scammed me out of 2 years for an easy sale and commission. Absolutely disgusted and disturbed that they can be allowed to run."
"Brilliant service, second phone bought in 6 months, wouldn’t go anywhere else. Staff and manage and Speke store Liverpool provide fantastic service with a smile"
"My son upgraded in Dorchester store and two months later received a letter from his network provider saying he’d been cut off as he hadn’t paid his bill. After speaking to a nice man it transpires that the sales advisor in CFW hadn’t upgraded but had created a new account with a new phone number. My son was continuing to use his original number and made payment every month being unaware that he now had two numbers. So now his credit rating is damaged and various calls/visit to the CFW shop have got him nowhere, just going round in circles. This company is truly shocking, you just couldn’t make it up. If it wasn’t so stressful and worrying it would be hilarious. Would never recommend Carphone Warehouse."
"The customer service in their Kensington Branch is awful. I do not know how they lady called Liz got that job as store supervisor. They must not want customer to return. If that is the case they have succeeded. Not going back to them."
"They will lie to you just to get u to buy, not a good policy... And if you need any help after you buy they will just tell you to go to the carier you have the contract with, guess they already got their comision...."
"Carphone Warehouse Crouch End. Terrible customer service. I went in today to upgrade my iPhone. Asked to have a look at the iPhone XS and Xs Max (which were kept behind the counter). Very sullen and bored salesperson handed me the two phones - which were not switched on. “They’ve not been charged” she said rather grumpily. “You’ll have to wait 20 mins if you want me to charge them” she said. I didn’t want to stand there waiting such a long time and asked how were customers supposed to make a decision just by looking at a dead phone? No reply. I explained my CONTRACT WITH CARPHONE WAREHOUSE HAD COME TO AN END AND I WAS LOOKING TO UPGRADE there and then (in the hopes this would wake this ‘salesperson’ out of her bored trance), but she said nothing. Silence. No interest. No sales pitch. Nothing. She didnt seem the slightest bit interested in SELLING ME A PHONE. Which is strange.... for a phone shop."
"Doggy becarful Becarful as after you buy the phone you will not get any help or support as they have poor condition devices and they will not help you to fix it even in the warranty period time plus they do have very poor coustmer service so you will end up sue them as i will do ."
"Very terrible customer service and rude agents, after spending my time discussing a contract for Samsung S9 Plus. I agreed, provided all my details. 2 or 3 days later I called for updates about the phone, they said no updates. Patient me waited a week later only to be told I cancelled the order which is a BIG LIE. for a moment I thought they were scams but it is from carphoneware house. He just said you cancelled the order , we cannot help you good bye... PLEASE DO NOT EVER CALL ME AGAIN TO SELL ANY PRODUCT AND DELETE MY DATA FROM YOUR RECORDS!!!"
Carphone Warehouse is rated 1.59 based on 1,302 reviews