Carphone Warehouse Reviews

14% of reviewers recommend Carphone Warehouse

How would you rate Carphone Warehouse ?

"Do not use this company!!!! i upgraded online for new iphone 8 ( only because ee give no loyalty to customers)for upfront cost of 59.99 sent me email to confirm. then i got email to say my phone was being sent out and the cost is 129.99. so i ring to ask why and they told me loads of lies and wudnt refund me. so now ive cancelled my order through the 14day notice. this is the rudist company ive ever delt with"
DAVID FURNESS
Unverified Reviewer
"Attended at Car Phone Warehouse Harrogate and asked for a SIM card deal that would suit my 16 year old granddaughter, after discussing with staff was sold a SIM with a £30 limit, was assured that the £30 never be exceeded. The provider of the SIM was ID Mobile who surprisingly is part of the same group as CPWH. However have received several bills varying from £60,00 to £76,00. Went back to CPWH Harrogate and was basically ignored , have also been in contact with ID mobile who blame CPWH. Complaint still ongoing -please- please don't go to CPWH as they are con merchants and have no interest in you once they have your cash"
"Free gift scam - purchased a phone on the day the deal was released online...no gift received apparently stock did not last so why was the deal on for a further 3 days. its a ploy to make you buy, they make you wait 14 days for the 'free' non existent gift and once that 14 days passes there is no free gift and you CANT return the handset as the 14 day return period has gone. A SCAM, FRAUDULENT company!"
"NO REFUND for SIM Free phones you can only exchange .. Really ?? When most of the stores in UK have a 30 day Refund policy not sure how Carphone Ware house is different .. Are you cheaper ? NO , Customer care ? Poor , In store customer service ? Ok Why I gave 1 star - as I have to do that to write a review lol"
"Have 0843 numbers for their stores which charge premium rates which you get charged for even if they don’t answer and they never do! Lost £16 ringing them and never even spoke to them."
"Disastrous repair service. Fine for purchase, but you'd better hope you don't need a repair. My phone is under 3 months old and developed a pretty catastrophic fault - severe overheating, rapidly drained battery and then wouldn't charge. An issue worrying enough that I was concerned that it would catch fire. CW absolutely will not replace it. They've taken it for "repair". It's been gone over a week now, and apparently undergoing diagnostics. The vague website says that repairs can take 28 days plus if the phone needs manufacturer repair or parts. Meanwhile, I think you're meant to use a phone box or something. Have contacted them multiple times to say I need a functioning and reliable phone for my NHS on call work, but they couldn't care less. Never again."
Maria Munteanu
Unverified Reviewer
"Great customer service in Hounslow .Nabil help us to take the right decision and phones. Kind regards, Maria"
"Worst customer experience I have suffered in 30 years. Phone not delivered and endless broken promises by useless and rude customer service “helpline” staff (they talk over you and put the phone down. Say they will do something but never ever do). Have now got the Police and trading standards involved. Only wish I had read other reviews before I used CW as I would have known to avoid in the first place, such is their appalling reputation."
Fleeced Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"CPW's website showed the phone I wanted in stock in my local store when I went to buy it it wasn't. I was required to order it and pay up front. I was promised it would be in the store the next day and specifically told they would ring me. Eventually I returned to the store 3 days later and found it there. No phone call from them and I had attempted to call them three times. Rotten service but that should have been the end of it. Then I receive my phone bill, I have been charged £5.30 for ringing their automated store number given on the website, no one ever actually answered on the three occasions I rang, just left me hanging on what turned out to be premium rate service number, so that was £5.30 for a total of 8 minutes. Nice business, fleecing customers who are attempting to find information about items paid for and not received. This is a company heading for bankruptcy and their business model appears to be rip off as many customers as possible before it arrives. Don't deal with them!"
"I just bought a pay as u go sim free mobile Samsung galaxy A5 from Wembley high road branch. The guy was serving me he was so rude. No smile no thanks we feel like we buying for free or he doesn’t get paid for work. Very very bad and third class customer service. He was young black boy. Name is Marley. He shouldn’t be there in customer service. I will never ever go to that shop. Very unpleasant experience ever."
"They provided a quick and easy transaction, my order was with me within a couple of days."
"The product range and combination of shops and online purchase makes CPW a good option. Over the last decade I have probably bought a dozen phones from CPW. However, things are slipping and I think I made my last purchase. I ordered a phone on line and knowing I wouldn't necessarily be in to accept the delivery I opted to have it delivered to and collect it from its store at East Ham. I had an email confirming the order but not with a tracking no. This means it's not sent by DPD but internally by CWP I later learned. The day after order I was popping into the store to ask how long delivery took. There were no other customers and 5 staff but it was difficult to get their attention and interest. The staff member just shrugged when I asked for an eta - and said depends how it's being delivered. I left frustrated and non the wiser. I called in again the next day and altho they were busy the young guy serving was very helpful but after checking the system couldn't tell me when the phone would arrive. I tried to call the store rep repeatedly on day 3 but it just rang until a message told me to try later. All in all I'm down a few hundred quid and have no phone. It's the lack of customer care and disconnect between the store and online service. Very frustrated at the moment"
"Contact telephone number has access and service charges that they do not tell you about. I phoned to check on the cost and time it would take to replace my battery as I had an appointment set up. The operator said that it depended if they had the battery in stock. Given I was travelling 2 hours round trip to get to a servicing branch I asked to be put through to make sure they had in stock. On hold for about 10 minutes before I was told there were high volumes of calls (to a branch on a Saturday morning with no direct contact number??) and then the machine hung up on me. Nice little earner I am sure but did they really need to waste my time and money keeping me on the line for so long."
"Absolutely appalling. Went into two of the stores in Birmingham city centre to purchase a Samsung S8 phone but the service was so bad in both of the stores that I left without it. The staff couldn't be bothered to engage in any form of conversation and when I asked to have a look at the phone to make sure I was happy with it, rather than get me a display model, one of the workers handed me her phone instead (which had a bulky case around it, thus preventing me from getting an accurate look or feel of the phone). Absolutely ridiculous. I'll now be taking my £500 and purchasing my phone from a store which can actually be bothered to deal with it's customers."
"AVOID AVOID AVOID. USLESS STAFF AT CARPHONE WAREHOUSE PUSH AND SELL THIS CHEAP TACKY SCREEN PROTECTOR AT £25. YOU WOULD THINK ITS SOME HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT. EVEN SAYS ON THE BOX LIFETIME GAURANTEE. WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH. THE SCREEN BROKE WITHIN 2 WEEKS. CARPHONE WAREHOUSE REFUSE TO DEAL WITH IT. ZAGG ASKING FOR £9.99 SHIPPING CHARGE?!!! WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH."
"I have been a Carphone Warehouse customer for over 10 years, usually returning to them loyally when I was due a new mobile phone. I checked what deals were available online before going into the store to request my new phone, only to be told that this was an online only deal despite it not saying that on the website. I decided to try and order the phone via the website, despite never having to do this before, only to be told something was wrong with my application. I initially used the online chat window to find out what was wrong only to be told there was nothing wrong. However their system was down so they couldn't upgrade my contract. They could however process my application as a new customer. When I asked what the difference was I was told it would cost ME £100 to be processed as a new customer. I decided against this and was told if I phoned up quoting a reference number I would be able to get my new phone. A couple of days later I phoned the number provided and was told I would be able to get my phone. The salesperson on the line even had some good news. Instead of the 8GB of data that I expected I would be getting 25GB of data at no extra cost. However as we proceeded with the order and I was having the terms of my contract read to me I was then told that this deal only had 4GB of data. When I questioned this I was told that the salesperson had made a mistake. I pointed out that the 4GB was half the 8GB I had originally requested. When I asked about this I was told this deal had now expired. It may well have done, I had been on the phone for well over an hour by this point. I was told I could only have the 4GB deal, did I want to continue. Obviously I decided to cancel my order, why would I accept a deal that was significantly worse than what was being offered on the website. While I was on the phone and as my previous contract had already expired I decided to transfer to a SIM only deal. This appeared to go ok until I questioned why I was being asked for bank details when I had been regularly charged for years, surely they could transfer my details over. I then asked if my previous direct debit would be cancelled or I would be paying this fee on top of what I already pay. It turns out this was an additional payment. So I had to cancel this too. I then finished the call and searched online to find other suppliers. I was subsequently able to order a phone with more data that Carphone Warehouse had ever offered for a lower price than they were offering. To summarise Carphone Warehouse have now lost a loyal customer of well over 10 years because of poor service."
"Epic fail! Tried to take out Vodafone contract and was told "credit declined". No other details forthcoming and told they couldn't help any more. Was eventually told it was Vodafone's fault, but it transpired that no check had been requested from Vodafone. So I was erroneously "declined credit" because of an IT failing at Carphone Warehouse with all the embarrassment and stress that leads to, not counting the time I wasted trying to take out the contract. Neither the given phone number or email contact for complaints actually allow you to make complaints. The phone number takes you through to the sales team and the email requires you to have an account All in all a very poor experience"
"Appalling telephone customer service. Sold an upgrade by phone. Mistakenly given a new contract due to admin error. Now irreversible they say despite being their fault. Repeated incorrect guidance through whole process. Meanwhile had opened the phone / disposed of box so unreturnable (though keep having to remind helpdesk of this as they continually reel out return as an option via their script). Am 68 minutes into call with helpline and ‘options’ appalling - from waiting 9 days for investigation (transcript of original call etc) to see if they were at fault, to severing old contract on 30 days notice before porting over to new phone. Totally ridiculous. Needed new phone in first because old one faulty. Now stuck in limbo as can’t activate the new phone until investigation complete. And 2 bills now running in parallel. Very frustrating and totally unnecessary. Not recommended"
"Shopped today at Welford Road, Leicester branch and was served by Nazim and Syed their service was excellent, they both went above and beyond. Well done guys."
"Their "free gifts" with a purchase is pure FRAUD. I didn't receive the gift with my phone. Rang them, told me not to worry it normally takes a few days more. 3 weeks after now they say it was NEVER AVAILABLE. FRAUD fraud fraud."
Carphone Warehouse is rated 1.60 based on 1,061 reviews