Burlow & Spencer Ltd Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Burlow & Spencer Ltd

About Burlow & Spencer Ltd: At Burlow & Spencer, we understand that UK Immigration can be a stressful time for those involved. Therefore, we strive to handle your case with the core values of compassion and professionalism.

Having composed a team of highly qualified and extremely knowledgeable Lawyers in UK Immigration we know we how to meet the immigration rules and requirements. We have expertise at all levels of immigration and our focus is on providing you with the best legal advice and assistance we possibly can.

Being a part of an international law practice gives us an ultimate edge over domestic-based practices as we understand and view UK Immigration Law from a global perspective.

If you are already settled with indefinite leave to remain or you are British national and you are hoping for your partner/husband or wife or other family members to gain a residence permit with you in the UK, our top immigration lawyers have the expertise to provide advice, practical assistance, and professional representation or court representation from start to finish. Our solicitors will provide the best immigration advice, which is tailored for each client. We handle the most basic of visit visa applications all the way through to complex applications in country and entry clearance.

To find out how we can help you today, contact us on 0121 562 1912 or if you would like us to call you back, why not complete our online Quick Response Form and we’ll get in touch at a time that suits you.

Tell us how Burlow & Spencer Ltd made you happy

"Doesn't even deserve 1 star I had to give this company a one star due to the fact that you are not able to give 0 or minus stars. Well in my opinion this company should not be trading at all, if you do come across them skip straight by as you will end up being conned. They take your money straight away and the do ABSOLOUTLY NOTHING. Any good reviews about this company in my opinion are obviously from their own staff and not from their customers. I started my spouse visa application with them back in February, when they took my money they told me my wife would be with me within 6 weeks. As November neared some 8 months later and 3 or 4 postponedments from Burlow and Spencer with lame excuse after lame excuse I have decided to cancel my application with them and go with a reputable firm. I have asked for my £3000 pounds to be refunded but they have ignored every email I have sent now, so I have reported them to the Office of Immigration Services Commission who are investigating them. I have also contacted UK fraud services who have told me that Burlow and Spencer's are already under investigation for Fraud who prey on the vulnerable. So my advice is stay well clear of these crooks..... No doubt I will receive a reply from them for this review with threats of prosecution as that is what they seem to do with every bad review. Update 4th January. After giving Burlow and Spencer all the information they required they have still not got back to me on this.... stay well clear as the OISC are investigating this company!!! Update 7th a January 2019 still nothing from Burlow and Spencer regarding this. This company is happy to take people's monies and not do any work what so ever and then go silent when you ask for your monies to be refunded. This company is NOT to be trusted and in my opinion I would be very weary of amy 5 star reviews. UPDATE 8th January 2019 Still nothing back from Burlow scam merchants... however as one reviewer has correctly put Burlow and Spencer along with parent company are under criminal investigation by the OISC and are due to appear in court on 18th February 2019. I have also been advised that I should take them to the small claims court to reclaim my refund and advise everyone else likewise. I am also writing to trading standards as this company need closing down before they rip off anyone else. I would advise anyone that wants to find A reputable immigration service then look on the government website where you will find a list of qualified immigration lawyers as Burlow and Spencer are not qualified!!!"
"Exactly the same terrible experience I am undergoing, paid 2000k GBP for legal services for my green card, they then ran with money and offered no services. After 20-30 email they agreed to pay be back,, this was in September and,,, you guessed it.. nothing back. Scammers, disloyal and uncaring. How do we all sue this company for damages?"
"I had a case (155985) for an unmarried partnership visa the Burlow and Spencer, which I transfer the visa fee of £1033 to their accounts for the standard application. But later I decided to switch to a premium visa service which I booked and pay the visa application by myself hence the application fee that I transfer to them was unused. They had agreed to refunded back to me on 23/10/18. Since then I have chased them on numerous phone calls and email asking for the refunded but no one responded or give me an update of the money and the response I get is that the account team will contact me but its been 2 months I have never received a single call from the account team. The amount meant is a lot of money for myself..... They are stealing my money and don't have any intention in refunding. I will now take this matter to the legal ombudsman. My sincere advice to anyone who wants to use them is that please don't use them!!!!!!"
"I gave one star because there is no option to give negative stars or something to identify this company is fraud. Unfortunately, I didn’t read those other reviews before I hired them. In a very critical time in my life, I hired them just to assist me for a visit visa for a relative. They insisted for complete payment upfront, which I did. After payment, I noticed they do not care about my case at all. The documents they kept sending me for my confirmation were filled with wrong information and a few times they sent me wrong document which belonged to other clients. I sending the documents back and kept calling them permanently and they seemed not to care. At the end they 'do any thing for me. I am going to take my case to the court, and I advise anybody who read this review not to hire them. They are not lowers. They are not genuine and they activity is not legal."
"Absolutely shocking, disgusting abhorrent service received. Very very quickly to the £2800 from us to appeal against home office decision about deportation of my son. Obtained the medical file for them, was delivered to Shahista Ahmed who was dealing with the case. Was told they had lodged the appeal on the Thursday morning. On the Friday night my son passed away. This was in June 2018. I have been asking for his medical file back and proof of what they have submitted on his behalf . I am a grieving mother who had lost her son to be told on the phone today by a MR Ahmed thst he does not have to listen to me. I have been asking for this for 5 months and a refund but nothing. They are not regulated by the Ombudsman and have notified Immigration about them . Am going to approach Watchdog about them and all national papers . As a grieving parent this is soul destroying . Do not go near them!!!"
"I cannot explain the emotional distress this company caused us. They took our money and at the beginning sometimes chose to respond, made endless mistakes and had no interest in our application progressing being pushed forwards. They eventually just stopped all contact totally. Complaints been ignored for months. The receptionist is hands down the rudest female I have ever encountered and would often laugh at us down the phone. I urge people to avoid this "company" and I am sad that we got conned like we did. On other websites any bad reviews, they respond by being defensive. I am not sure anyone in this company has any idea the distress they cause people and the severity of their behaviour ."
"Anonymous, We have just experienced the worst year of our lives thanks to the professional negligence of this firm. They misrepresented us, sending us to the application late, with the incorrect documentation. the application was refused and they blamed the Home Office. The appeal used the wrong pronoun, calling my husband, 'her'. It was such a pour appeal based on human rights that we were forced to start a new application with another qualified OISC lawyer. This firm should not be operating and I am amazed that they are still ripping vulnerable people off. We have just been issued the visa and now we intend to sue. for damages. They are presently in court for not being legally qualified to give immigration advice. Do not in any circumstances use this firm!!!"
"SCAMMERS who took £900 up front, I was told I had a straightforward case which would only take approximately 6 weeks. 3 months later I sacked them as their service was none existent. I must have rung them 50 times and sent over 20 emails with hardly any response. They never once returned a phone call. Staff are rude, liars and very defensive if you complain. The generic email after me asking for my money back said they would get back to be in 5 days but that was 6 weeks ago now. I have reported them to the Office of Immigration Services who are fully aware of the numerous complaints about them and are putting a case together. The Law Society too have had numerous complaints about them. They prey on vulnerable and desperate people and should be ashamed of themselves."
"They are not humans briefly They take from my account 5000 thousand pounds. They are big looters I take this campany to the court to get my money back Also I will give the news peepers in London all local news peppers For people to knows them if money not back..."
"Easily the worst experience ever! - Stay away from this firm. They took our money - 800 GBP upfront and didn't provide the services we paid for. They basically ignored our calls and emails after a certain time. We even requested to have some if not all our money returned - no response. Big scam!"
"Stay clear away from these people their aim is to steel your money and make you an illegal immigrant."
"I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BURLOW SPENCER FOR ANY PURPOSE DUE TO MY OWN EXPERIENE..PHONE CALLS/E MAILS NOT RETURNED AFTER VISA FOR GOOD FRIEND REFUSED...I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY RELATIVE,RETIRED SOLICITOR,THAT THIS CASE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN TAKEN ON AS NO WAY WOULD HE HAVE RECEIVED VISA..AS JUST GRADUATED..WITH NO MONEY,HOUSE OR JOB.I WAS NOT INFORMED OF THIS WHEN MY MONEY TAKEN FOR APPLICATION.. WAS TOLD HE STOOD GOOD CHANCE..I WILL BE COMPLAINING TO LEGAL OMBUDSMAN VERY SHORTLY."
"Burlow & Spencer LTD Is really disappointed to give a trust to the company that’s not responsible for they work and I have been with this company for almost 9 months for my Visa application Leave to remain With out any support to my case, even they having problems for sending the post to the correct Address ( it’s Happened twice) from this two ( Mr Ahmed ) And ( Miss Kira). And after waiting all of this time I have refused to my visa and again never had any support form Burlow and Spencer team. Never again"
"I was promised due to my situation with my health and pregnancy at the time my case could be DONE FROM THE UK as I needed my husband for support. Now they took all my money (I'm on disabilities benefits) and made my husband OVERSTAY HIS CURRENT VISA BY SAYING HE WAS FINE TO STAY then.. 8 months later HES DENIED AND NOW BANNED FOR 5 YEARS. because they told false information. Now my husband won't see his daughter for 5 years and I'm left to cope on my own with my illness etc."
"It took 2 mintutes to take the money out of my account and took me 2 months to be able to talk to one of the manager! Very bad customer service, the staff keep changing so you are dealing with so many people during your case and they are not even professional. My case was refused through them and I sorted my self through home office."
"To say that Burlow and Spencer is a horrendous firm is an understatement. I first hired them back in January for a FLR application. They are quick to catch up with you when they're trying to take payment, but once they've got it don't expect them to do any work. I had someone named Shahista Akhbar handle my first application. She was rude, she took several months to get it done, only to rush it last minute. The worst part, in April the Home Office requested for more documents but she never notified me resulting in my application being refused. I tried giving them a second chance in hopes it was just one bad solicitor, they charged me £2000 with someone named Adam assuring me this would be handled professionally. They knew the application needed to be done within a weeks time. Not one phone call. When I rang I was put through to a Kiran who is probably the rudest staff member. Apparently it was my job to remind them multiple times when it needed to be done by, because twice wasn't enough. Then she sends me an application on Friday, which by then it's too late to send it, only for me to realise it's the first application they sent over, not taking into account any changes updating any info. She even had the nerve to leave my old IHS number despite me providing the new one. To anyone looking for an immigration solicitor DO NOT bother with this firm. They are a scam and what they're doing is fraud. I'm lucky enough that I've recorded all my phone calls with them since day one, and I fully intend on telling my bank to with-hold the payment for £2000 now, as well as making sure I get a refund for the first application Shahista Akhbar purposely neglected out of spite. Anyone else who's had issues, look into reporting them to the SRA. Clearly they don't know anything about law if what they're doing is fraud."
"If I have a choice I would never give you any star Because you people do not deserve it I believe you use your position to To collect my money But believe me every day for the thief one day for the owner Just continue what you doing 🤯🤯🤯🤯😫😭😤"
"Recently engaged with them took complete fee From out set , with 10 min conversation with lawyer called shaista Akhbar she advise against the application , so didn’t proceed as advised refusing to give the refund and now charging me large amount nearly 400 pounds for 10 min Conversation and saying a lot of work done Rip off lawyers do not pay them any fee until you See the work Threatening that to sign the disclaimer or you will have to wait 8 weeks for some resolution I’m going to report you to proper authority and I’m going to take to you small claims court Stop conning people and righting fake reviews"
"Words cannot explain how terrible the experience was. As soon as you have paid they have no interest. We ended up doing all the work ourselves. Forms were sent back with wrong information, phone calls and email constantly ignored. Rude receptionist who seemed to be laughing at our issues. The stress Burlow and Spencer caused was beyond belief. Not one person in that company seemed to have a clue what they were doing and it was hands down one of the most stressful experiences of my life. You would be better off doing it yourself."
"Nothing has been done except a letter which I had too edit for grammatical and punctuation errors, not to mention inaccuracies . I actually want my money back. I haven't even got to the application stage and I am vexed. I cannot get hold of any one at all. My case worker decided to disappear into thin air and no one thought to tell me about it and I was told I was assigned a new case worker, 7 days later. On calling them practically every day I am being fobbed off with "A new case worker will call you back...blah, blah,blah". I cannot believe I was duped. Everything that has been done for my application has been done by me. I paid £1500 to do my own work and research the information for myself. This is tantamount to fraud. I am asking for my money back because this is a waste of my time, money, mental health and well-being. I was hounded for my clientele and once my money was secured, I was left to my own devices. I will be taking this matter further. I have given one star for the review only because there wasn't any option for no stars. The service they provide is ridiculous and in my case relatively non-existent. Bulow and Spencer I want a refund of my money. I don't have this kind of money to throw around. There is nothing you can do or say to make me change my mind about your company, so please do not try; just refund my money. I just needed to paste this blurb they have on this review forum; "Our case handlers and lawyers hold themselves to an extremely high standard, so you can be sure that everything in our power is done to assist you." Ahh...I don't think so! Not in my circumstance they havent!"
Burlow & Spencer Ltd is rated 4.18 based on 165 reviews