Burlow & Spencer Ltd Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Burlow & Spencer Ltd

About Burlow & Spencer Ltd: At Burlow & Spencer, we understand that UK Immigration can be a stressful time for those involved. Therefore, we strive to handle your case with the core values of compassion and professionalism.

Our case handlers and lawyers hold themselves to an extremely high standard, so you can be sure that everything in our power is done to assist you.

Having composed a team of highly qualified and extremely knowledgeable Lawyers in UK Immigration we know we how to meet the immigration rules and requirements. We have expertise at all levels of immigration and our focus is on providing you with the best legal advice and assistance we possibly can.

Being a part of an international law practice gives us an ultimate edge over domestic-based practices as we understand and view UK Immigration Law from a global perspective.

If you are already settled with indefinite leave to remain or you are British national and you are hoping for your partner/husband or wife or other family members to gain a residence permit with you in the UK, our top immigration lawyers have the expertise to provide advice, practical assistance, and professional representation or court representation from start to finish. Our solicitors will provide the best immigration advice, which is tailored for each client. We handle the most basic of visit visa applications all the way through to complex applications in country and entry clearance.

To find out how we can help you today, contact us on 0121 562 1912 or if you would like us to call you back, why not complete our online Quick Response Form and we’ll get in touch at a time that suits you.

How would you rate Burlow & Spencer Ltd ?

"The adviser (Alessia) didn't guide us properly, asked a hundred unnecessary, Didn't know how to explain simple things. I spent over a thousand pounds and as result my partner has to return to her country. They just wanna your money after get it don't expect much! Destroyer of dreams and lives!"
"Very poor experience which led to the refusal of a important visit visa for a family member at a crucial time. I was promised first class customer care at my initial assessment - however that was quickly replaced once I paid my fees by uninterested and disjointed staff on the phone (one lady sounded like she was chewing gum whilst talking to me). My lawyer, Harris, was pleasant enough but didn't provide me with enough support and evidence based documents to get the visa over the line. I came to him with extra documents which he liked and agreed with, but he should have given me exactly what was needed in the first place to get the visa but the case wasn't strong enough and the way it was presented to the UKVI was weak to say the least. Emails remained unanswered and appointments had to be taken to speak to my caseworker unless it was specified as urgent. Take my advice and spend you £500 with another firm."
Richard Brown
Verified Reviewer
"They took our money £2500 and completed a visa application that had no chance of success. As a result my fiancée has had to return to the Phillipines. We also lost the Home Office application fee. I asked for a refund from Burlow but they refused. They have no skills in immigration advice - my advice is to avoid them like the plague. I have complained to OISC and my advice to anyone who has had dealings with this company to complain to OISC as well."
"We are just scared to death. We have been trying to obtain our residence through Burlow and Spencer. My partner (de facto partner) is Italian. We are currently running the fourth attempt to gain residence in the UK with B&S. We feel the assistance we received from Burlow and Spencer was just unacceptable, at least for our standards. Our first application was refused (the first time). B&S charged us another £2500 approximately for the re-submission. We paid the first £2000 approx fee to learn then we have to pay another £2500 approx. Both payments made in one single instalment and on the same respective days. After the first refusal, they told us the situation was extremely delicate, and they pushed us to pay the next full amount. You can't imagine the stress we had to go through. When you are in a situation like the one we went through you are incredibly vulnerable. We are a couple that has been together for long years. We had an interview on that day. B&S set up a meeting with a solicitor that was not informed about our case. We had to re-explain everything from scratch. He helped us filling the forms we re-sent the papers ourselves. This time we sent them without having completed the payment details for the home office to take the money out of our account for the processing fees -£65 appox.- All after we have completed the form in front of a B&S solicitor. When the application was refused the second time, they blamed it on us for not having filled the payment section. B&S tried to charge us again £2500, by all means, telling us that if we didn't pay the fees back, we were taking the risk of being deported. I was firm this time, and I said I wasn't going to pay any more for this terrible service and I said we should have been advised better on how to fill the form. The form should have been revised before being sent instead of leaving us all stressed up and trying to fill the documents on our own and the same day -something that we have paid B&S to help us with - by that time, already £4500!- Fortunately, one of the advisors acknowledged the situation was a bit tricky, and they agreed to make the application again for us at no extra charge. This time WE worked very hard on it. We gathered testimonials etc. The testimonies were something WE discovered we should do by reading all documents carefully. This third time and out of desperation, we started learning about the whole process ourselves. Then we realised testimonials are indeed essential, so we added them. When we called B&S asking for their advice on adding testimonials, they said the Home Office wasn't going to care about them. Finally, the residence got refused for the third time. We received the usual call from B&S this time prompting us to pay again so they could submit, for the first time, the form directly from their firm. I answered, no, "I'm not paying any more for your services". Then one of the advisors suggested they could do it for free. We agreed to allow them to do it one more time... They advised us a solicitor was going to give us a call. The solicitor that called us knew nothing about the case! He was asking us if we sent any documents at all. You can imagine how we felt. I said: "Please check our folder and call us again. We are making the effort of paying for your professional advice, but for you to be able to do so, you need to analyse the case first; otherwise, we will have our residence rejected all over again." To which he answered, don't worry, I will take a look and get back to you. He never called again.a Finally, I started calling myself to recover my documents, and they answered: "your caseworker will call you later today". They did this two times. I called again, and I said: "Please give us back our documents and most importantly, our passports, we have been left without any identity documents" To which they answered: "Your caseworker has already uploaded your documents and they don't have them anymore" I was shocked and petrified. They were expecting us to print our passports! At that point, we had no supporting documents and no passports. At that point I was facing the worst situation in my life; this firm had left us with no way of accrediting our identity. These lawyers have managed our case irresponsibly, and we didn't know what else to do… It was then when we felt all was lost, and we posted the review above. This review was then visible on many review sites. Then, Riaz called me. He was agitated and said my behaviour was unacceptable. I explained to him that we felt very vulnerable and that's why we didn't know how to obtain a call from a responsible individual who can help us. I said I was very thankful for his call and I felt sad I needed to post a review to get a professional call from the firm finally. He offered to submit our application directly from the firm. OUr assigned professional was Mr James Short. James Short sounded very professional and down to earth. He gave us, what we thought was beneficial advice and we proceed to send him all the documents he requested from us. We then received an email from him asking if we have sent him our bank statements. We said we were not sure, but if we were informed about these documents being missing, we would indeed have sent them again. Then we asked if they still needed these documents or if they have sent the application at all. The latter email was the last one received from James Short -dated 12.02.2018- Since then we sent emails to James Short and Riaz on the 13th, 18th, 19th, 23rd of February and 29th of March and 5th of May. We received no written answer. We also called the office at B&S. Different people called us back confirming they have sent our documents on the 18th of January, and then on the 22nd of January. We have no information about the bank statements and their inclusion in the application. We have no written confirmation of the documents being sent at all. At the moment we have no passports, no tracking number of visa application, neither of our documents. B&S and Riaz individually wouldn't contact us; no one sent us any certificate prooving our documents are safe or located in any particular office. We are vulnerable, and we don't know what else we can do. We are sad and worried about all the people that might have hired B&S and might be going through the same. Just a real shame."
"We decided to use services of the company to get fiancée visa. As soon as we paid everything went downhill. They didn't answer emails and didn't call back when it was needed, missed several phone appointments, etc So we applied for visa without them and messaged them willing to get a refund. No answer since then."
Fiona Parsons
Verified Reviewer
"We were quoted a price of £4000 on the 26th of March. Paid on the 27th of March then sent an email on the 28th of March cancelling as their services were no longer needed. Since then, despite repeated phone calls, of which we speak to the receptionist only, we are told to email. After many emails, these go unanswered and today, 4th of May, I am no closer to getting a refund!! Absolute incompetence!!"
"In short, the reviews on here must be made by themselves! My experience with them was one of total frustration, utter incompetence and professional negligence. They are not licenced and my advice is DO NOT USE THEM if you value your sanity, money and health. Once they get your money they DO NOT CARE! I employed their “services” last November to assist in getting my Malaysian fiancée a visa as I am caring for my very sick father who has advanced stage Alzheimer's. The Visa was refused, so now my fiancée is stuck in Malaysia with nowhere to live and I am stuck in the UK caring for my Dad on my own. We have had to cancel our wedding and guests from around the world have been told the wedding is on hold. Initially, they were very good at prising the fee out of me. I had booked return flights from UK to Malaysia on 26th January to return on 28th March assuming that would be enough time to get the visa (paying for priority). Phone calls were not returned, when I emailed, I got auto reply saying they would reply within 24 hours, which of course they didn’t! All-in-all thoroughly stressful to deal with. On our flights to Malaysia, I had still not received the completed forms and indeed had to wait another week before getting them. The forms were shabbily completed, with mistakes but I assumed the application was generally correct. I had to fly back without my fiancée as she was still waiting. A week later she called, distressed to say the visa had been refused. When I looked at the letter and did some more research, I could see what the problem was. Although I was receiving carers allowance (they had not crossed the correct box), they made no mention of “adequate maintenance” and the visa was refused on that basis. Obviously, I tried to call/email them to discuss and again no answers until I started to threaten legal action (not sure what to do) and negative feedback on websites. A guy called Adam Khan called me, told me UKBA had made a mistake and I could appeal (takes 1 year+) or re-apply and it would definitely be OK, oh and I would get a discount on the fees and a more senior consultant!. I questioned this and asked about “adequate maintenance” and he had no idea what I was talking about! I did get an sms telling me a new invoice of £900 was coming. I told him, it was their fault and it had to be free. He promised to call me on Monday but didn’t, I sent another 2 threatening emails and he called me Wednesday, saying he had been sick and offering free legal fees. I tild him that wasn’t good enough and that Burlow and Spencer needed to pay government fees as well as it was their error. He said a manager would have to call me but of course that will never happen. I understand they are not licenced by OISC and neither are the licensor DDR Legal? This is a short version of what happened so far but they have been a nightmare to deal with, don’t give a damn about their clients and do not have the relevant knowledge to process these matters."
"Wrong advice given Perfect service up to payment, after service was downhill, miss leading information, advised on a route to take by them, only later to find out this was incorrect, my main advice to you is avoid this company, do your own research on this company, pay no attention to 6 star reviews, they are very misleading with their intentions. Please research this company hard for yourself."
Nancy Wade
Verified Buyer
"Nadeem and his exceptional team worked very efficiently on my case achieving a positive outcome as swiftly as possible."
Sylvie Connors
Verified Buyer
"I contact Muhammad for my citizenship. He was instrumental in my journey to become a UK citizen. His knowledge and creative ideas were outstanding. In the process, I also ended up with a good friend.He was so keen and focused about paper work and submit my application after full surety and without any doubt i got my application approved. I highly recommend him."
Milly Jane
Verified Buyer
"Burlow & Spencer helped me for my permanent resident application which was approved just in 5 months. The lawyers and staff took time with me to understand what my goals and dreams were and they made sure my application was very strong when it was submitted. I strongly recommended Burlow & Spencer – they really care about their clients and provide excellent service. Thank you guys......"
Shannon Stewart
Verified Buyer
"Excellent and very professional service! Abbas solved very difficult cases of my work permit and my family’s PR application by his abundant knowledge and experience. I also would like to appreciate to Shaista, His assistant, for all patient and timely supports. Without this professional team, we cannot reach our goal so successfully! Thank you very much!"
"It is my opinion that Burlow and Spencer are rip off merchants. They take your money prior to telling you whether you have a chance of a visa or not. They are Lawyers not Solicitors, anyone can call themselves Lawyers, you do not need any Legal Qualifications. They just take the info you give them and put it on a form, in my opinion not very well. I would not recommend this company under any circumstances. They are in my opinion not very professional and leave a lot to be desired. I would recommend you look elsewhere for advise. I wonder how many of these reviews they wrote themselves ? 97% I do not believe it, are you sure ?"
"My friend introduce me to Muhammad at Burlow & Spencer. He helped me with my asylum case and my case was approved within a few months. Muhammad spent a lot of time prepare for my case. I can tell that he cares a lot about the case in the process. He always communication with me about the status of my case and paid a lot of attention to details. I would say Muhammad is best immigration lawyer I worked with. I would definitely recommend Muhammad to everyone."
"I contacted Burlow & Spencer and Chutti helped me with my student visa application. She was very experienced, friendly and co-operative. Everything went very smoothly and incredibly fast. I received my visa in three months. I definetely recommend people to contact her, if they look for immigration lawyer."
Sally Uber
Verified Buyer
"I have very good experience with Nadeem. He responds very fast, and explains things very clearly. I highly recommend him."
Felix Catt
Verified Buyer
"Thank you Abbas.He is the guy who can make things possible. Very intelligent and professional, all the staff is good."
"Do not use this company. The adviser assigned to us (since left the company) used a route for immigration visa that was clearly never going to be accepted by the Home Office. We accepted the "expert" advice but it is far from expert. Further they disclosed the surname of another client in the documentation sent to us - a narrowly avoided data protection breach, and would not even acknowledge that this was shoddy work. I paid £2500 and have asked for a full refund. The visa application was denied because the wrong form was used. They are not registered with OISC. Technically they don't need to be, but my advice to anyone seeking immigration advice would be to ensure that the immigration adviser company is registered with OISC."
Philip Hayes
Verified Buyer
"I am stuck with my words ( As they worth a thousand of words) to describe my experience with Burlow & Spencer. They deserve the best as they provided me with the best service."
William Croft
Verified Buyer
"I would like to thank Shaista at Burlow & Spencer for a professional job she has done for my extention visa application. She was highly professional with all information she supplied ,she knew what needed to be done and did it properly , it is a pleasure working with her.I thank her for all her help and being patient with me , and surely I recommend her as an immigration solicitor to anyone."
Burlow & Spencer Ltd is rated 4.62 based on 145 reviews