British Airways Reviews

British Airways have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their customer service but are unhappy with their prices and refunds. Full Insights

36% of reviewers recommend British Airways

Categories:
Business & Office
Travel

Telephone

How would you rate British Airways ?

"Pathetic- I have phoned customer service about 6 times now and are just left to hold on for hours @7 pence a minute.. I emailed them to say the new times they changed my flights to is not convenient and they replied saying I should phone to change the flights. Its cost me a fortune in cost of phonecalls and time and I will be losing my whole families flights because THEY changed the times and to change on-line I have to pay fees. Unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!"
Are you British Airways? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback British Airways receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Now

Get instant access to your Reviews Dashboard.

Your email address needs to be a business email matching https://www.britishairways.com.

;
"This company is a disgrace. Fake rates are advertised on the internet and when you try to book, there are different pop-up messages that either tell you that somebody else booked your flight or another 100 quid or so has been added to your total. It is utterly disgusting. Not even tenth-rate low budget companies offer this kind of despicable service. I wasted 2 hours trying to book flights from London to Madrid. AVOID AT ALL COST. Edit your review"
"Terrible cross and unhappy."
"ease of process, reliability"
"Las Vegas to Heathrow case 17700704 , World Traveller Plus, 9 hour 30 minutes NO screen, hand control broken, foot rest broken, sun blind came out in my hand, very grubby, no wifi either way, aircraft 19 years old, 1 year left in service, paid extra to pick our seats £45 each way. They insulted me with £100 e-voucher off my next flight WITH THEM to be used within the next year. Got in touch which took 45 minutes on hold and they refused to give my £100 back in cash. I've paid 2018 prices for a 20 year old service."
"welcoming, clean, efficient and very helpful."
"Decent price for return flights to Amsterdam in less then 2 weeks time."
"The purpose of this review is to highlight the unbelievably poor customer service provided by British Airways. If there was an option for zero stars, that is what I would have chosen! My wife booked 4 return tickets to Qatar leaving London Heathrow on premium economy on 16/12/17 and returning business class 6 days later. Two weeks prior to departure, we received an email from British Airways Customer Service that the departure flight was cancelled with no mention of why or any alternative offered! Now bearing in mind that hotels are booked etc, this caused a right panic. My wife contacted customer services (after unacceptably long waiting times on the telephone) and as an aside, found out the return flight was also cancelled! After much frustration, she managed to transfer the flights to Qatar Airways for the same dates, leaving on economy and returning business. The mind boggles that despite British Airways and Qatar Airways code sharing, British Airways could not on their own initiative offer the alternative flights with Qatar Airways. When my wife enquired about the refund due for the outbound flight (as we were originally booked premium economy and now were flying standard economy), British Airways could not determine what the refund would be. Instead, my wife had to file a claim for the refund with customer services! Basically, British Airways cancelled scheduled flights with two weeks notice, did not offer alternatives and then expected the customer to go through their hoops to get a refund for their failure to provide any level of service! The story just gets worse. When my wife contacted customer services a few days later to chase up on the refund issue, she was told that customer relations dealt with this. However, that department only worked between 1 and 5pm! I have as yet to come across any other national company that offers such limited customer service access. At that stage, my wife emailed the CEO of British Airways out of pure frustration with the intention of informing him of this debacle and to try to come to an amenable resolution. We had hoped that by highlighting the atrocious service provided so far, British Airways might upgrade our outward flight as a gesture of goodwill. The day before we were due to fly out a customer services representative called Jane did make contact, in response to the email to Alex Cruz. All Jane could offer was an apology! My wife (quite rightly) did not accept this apology and was asked by Jane what was it that she wanted out of British Airways ( apart from the company making up for its monumental mishandling of a problem that they had created, and not being able to determine the amount of the refund rightly due to us). Totally infuriated at this stage, my wife asked for a personal apology from Alex Cruz and not from someone to whom her email was forwarded to. The intention of this request was to receive some acknowledgement from the head of British Airways of the situation and the service provided by his staff. According to Jane, this was not possible as Alex Cruz did not respond to emails personally. This is factually incorrect as there is evidence on the internet (just google it) that contradicts this statement. Perhaps the statement that Alex Cruz does not see fit to respond to customer issues is indicative of the malaise that seeps through British Airways, such that if the head is not concerned, there is no need for the rest of the staff to provide a minimal level of acceptable service. In summary, I think it is a disgrace that a company like this is the national carrier and carrying the name “British” is a stain on the country and its people. I thank you for taking the time to read through this lengthy review. Hopefully you will have a better insight as to the type of company British Airways is. Forewarned is forearmed."
"Bad customer service, unprofessional service. Do not care about helping people. If they make a mistake they just do not care and do not try to help but they tell you to just leave and they cannot help. British airways at San Diego airport just told my wife after a flight delay for 2 days that she should call british airway without booking her a hotel reservation. they just tell her to leave. This shows how careless they are. very unprofessional. will never recommend british airways to no one and will never fly british airways again"
"Traveled to Sydney, Australia in September 2017, returning in November. Firstly, they misplaced one of my two suitcases, delivering it to me more than 24 hours later, damaged and broken. When I attempted to make a claim, I was informed it was 'out of time' and therefore would not be considered. The flight in economy was okay, but Customer Services were deplorable. They simply do not care in the slightest. Find an alternative carrier. Do NOT travel with this uncaring, money grabbing outfit. Shame, they used to be good, but now are simply dreadful. I shall not be traveling with British Airways ever again. and look forward to the demise of the airline."
"British Airways did not make me happy on recent flight although I would not like to denigrate them entirely. I find it disappointing that an airline which used to have such a good reputation should now act like a budget airline even though their fares are much higher. BA used to leave newspapers for passengers to take before boarding but these are no longer available. They also used to offer complimentary tea, coffee, drinks or snacks but now you have to pay for them. These are only small perks but they make the difference between a first-class carrier and the rest."
"Cabin crew were kind. This is the only positive thing. British Airways are now becoming as bad as Ryanair! On board now passengers have to pay ridiculous amount of money even for a small bottle of water... When I booked my flight from Heathrow to Sofia, I was told I get a free checked in bag for my baby girl. A day before my flight I decided to double check this and called their customer service line and the guy on the phone told me I need to pay for checked in bag if I want one. I told him that there should be one included for my baby daughter but he said this is not true. I asked him to double check this and he said he already did so I had to pay for a checked bag (£30 each way) since I already had my suitcase packed. Next day, as I went to the check in at Heathrow, I was asked how many bags do I want to check in. I asked how many bags am I allowed to check in and the lady said I can check in two bags- one for my baby and the one that I’ve paid for the previous day. The thing is that I only had one suitcase since the guy on the phone told me I can only check one bag (if I pay for it first). After I arrived in Sofia, I rang British airways and explained everything, so they agreed they should refund the money they’ve charged me for the additional bag. They said they’ll refund the £30 for the London-Sofia flight the same day and the other £30 fee for the Sofia-London route in about a week time. A month later I checked my online banking and saw they’ve only refunded £30 for the outbound journey. I rang them and they’ve said they are sorry and they’ll refund the remaining £30 within the next 3 days. When I pointed that it should be fare and reasonable that I get a 20% discount voucher from my next flight price, they said this is something British Airways do not offer. Nowadays I think there isn’t too much difference between British airways and a low cost third world country airline. Pity really..."
"Easy to book online. Nearly everything was detailed and made it simple to use."
"Their site was easy and understandable. Did not need to query 'what do they mean' at any point. Constant updates. Clear graphics, hence holiday booked."
"Able to book all aspects of NY trip + great app."
"fast and efficient service, website easy to follow"
"very good phone app, easy to use and understand quick email response perfect costumer service flights never late"
"This airline is atrocious in more ways than one, however their customer service really is all-out abysmal. Their call centre service is outsourced (possibly to India), and the connection has been bad on every occasion that I have called. I spoke to two customer service agents yesterday and both were (despite their best efforts) totally unprepared to deal with my call and communicate with me effectively and professionally. I had a question concerning ID requirements on a domestic flight for myself and my non-British co-traveller. Initially the first agent falteringly read the API page on the website to me, then told me no non-UK form of ID was acceptable on domestic flights (once I had reminded him that London-Belfast is a domestic flight) and that we should contact the Embassy of the non-UK citizen travelling (he does not have a passport available this month owing to a visa renewal)... The second customer agent said (as far as I could understand, as there were major communication difficulties) that only a passport would be acceptable as ID for my co-traveller. I understand that BA has gone cheap-as-chips under IAG's management, but really, the level of contempt it must have towards its passengers to offer no reliable customer service (their existing service is truly not fit for purpose, even though there are, of course, many high-quality call centres in India), especially after the shocking IT meltdown in May, is chilling."
"Pleasant in flight staff, decent meal on long haul flights, willingness to resolve issues."
"The layout is very clear, very good website overall."
British Airways is rated 2.53 based on 78 reviews