British Airways Reviews

36% of reviewers recommend British Airways
7PM
7PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact British Airways?

ph:+44-844-4930750

Categories:
Business & Office
Travel

Tell us how British Airways made you happy

Telephone
29 minutes
Avg Email Response Time
"I stopped using British Airways after they botched up a return flight from Nice to Heathrow by abandoning passengers at inaccessible Bournemouth Airport, then didn't bother to unload passengers luggage. When I tried to reclaim my two suitcases, BA only sent me one of them. They refused to give me my other suitcase, instead lying constantly about its whereabouts when I enquired multiple times [at one point, they claimed it had been sent to the US!] but after putting my foot down for almost two months, they finally returned my other suitcase. The padlocks had been taken, but I didn't care. I was only glad that I hadn't packed any valuables in the cases, for most likely they would've been stolen. I can only suspect they played their games in a bid to withhold my suitcase and push my hand to recuperate my loss through an insurance claim. That incident was probably the first time ever I've dealt with a company that brazenly lies to its customers and treats them so despicably. After being reunited with my suitcases, I was ridden with arrant disgust at BA's conduct, disbelieving that this was the same company who used to be ranked highly amongst the airlines so many years ago. What happened? Whatever it is, I will never fly with them again. The fact that I've received a clearer, more straightforward service from the likes of easyJet should tell anybody how steeply BA's standards have slipped."
Are you British Airways? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"London to Boston direct. Absolutely brilliant service thank you."
"I am a GOLD BA Frequent flyer and I have been flying British Airways for years now. However the heart ache British Airways have caused me over the last few months is beyond normal. There is nothing worse than dealing with British Airways customer service team. They do not take ownership or responsibility for what they say they will do, they make promises to customers on next steps and do not deliver. You have to chase them up to get anything done and trust me that alone he like a full time job. 1) I rang BA & requested a quote to make changes to an existing booking I was promised by the rep on the phone I’ll hear back within 24 hours as the pricing team need to price the ticket up, 2 weeks on & I did not hear back from anyone at BA. I ranGBA customer service team and I was told that the last rep I spoke to 2 weeks ago did not send my request off to the pricing team. Infact there was no note on my account regarding my request. Can you imagine how angry I was at this point. 2) BA has a dedicated Gold member phone number which I rang to make changes to another booking, I spent 40 mins on the phone to the customer service rep now bear in mind that the customer service number is not a free number. The rep took my card details to process payment for my booking, she told me that she has queued my booking to the finance department to process payment and this should be done within 4-5 working days. Nearly 2 weeks later my request was not done. I got on to the social media team to find out what was going on. The social media team advised me in a direct message on twitter that the rep failed to queue up my request for processing but what’s worse is the fact that I am meant to be on this flight in 4 days time. To recap I spent 40 mins on the phone to a rep to carry out a task I gave her all the necessary details, she provided me with the relevant timelines only to find out that my request did not even get processed. The social media team offered to fix this for me, and suggested that I send the 3 digits of my card through twitter direct message (imagine that, sending card details through twitter) I told the social media team hell nahh! And I requested they call me to process the payment. The customer service team didn’t call me for nearly 8 hours later and at that point it was 4am and I was asleep. I reached out to the customer service team as soon as I woke up and I asked them to call me during the day, 12 hours later I still didn’t get a call from British Airways. I have given BA the ability to make things right I have been patient and still this issue has not been resolved. This is not a once off this is the type of issue I go through with BA as a customer nothing ever goes as planned. And regardless of the pain any of the disappointment they have caused you all they do is say “sorry” or offer you “10,000 avios” at most to shut you up like a crying baby. The above is just the atrocious customer service dealings I’ve had with BA. I cannot fathom what non frequent flyers of BA go through by just thinking about the heart ache I go through with BA as a GOLD customer in order to get anything done. It is clear that management don’t care so why should the staff care? You be the judge. BA has lost its touch and they are no longer the prestige British airline it once was. BA customer relations has since being in contact obviously after all of this was escalated and as usual all they had to say was “sorry” if you want good customer service British Airways isn’t the airline to use."
"First class service, great food and good flights and landings. We were met by BA staff when we got off our first flight and shown to the location for boarding our mext flight. Can't fault them on anything and will be my first choice in future"
"Why isn't British Airways classes as a budget airline? Cancelled our flight. Customer service then virtually impossible to get through. Went on outbound flight- Late. Wet on inbound flight - Late. Just like easyjet had to pay for any refreshments. Landed at T5 heathrow at what must of been the furthest point from security that we had to take the shuttle service. Poor service, poor customer service. Have had better flights on easyjet and Ryanair."
"Pathetic- I have phoned customer service about 6 times now and are just left to hold on for hours @7 pence a minute.. I emailed them to say the new times they changed my flights to is not convenient and they replied saying I should phone to change the flights. Its cost me a fortune in cost of phonecalls and time and I will be losing my whole families flights because THEY changed the times and to change on-line I have to pay fees. Unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!"
"This company is a disgrace. Fake rates are advertised on the internet and when you try to book, there are different pop-up messages that either tell you that somebody else booked your flight or another 100 quid or so has been added to your total. It is utterly disgusting. Not even tenth-rate low budget companies offer this kind of despicable service. I wasted 2 hours trying to book flights from London to Madrid. AVOID AT ALL COST. Edit your review"
"Flights to and from Leeds Bradford always late. Exorbitant prices for food and drink on board. Heaven must help you if you arrive and your luggage doesn't, because BA won't."
"They didn’t make us happy. Seats were double booked, flight was 1.5 hours late. On return journey, passenger with disabilities was seated in the middle of four seats which were together which resulted in person falling when trying to get out."
"Very helpful"
"Terrible cross and unhappy."
"ease of process, reliability"
"Las Vegas to Heathrow case 17700704 , World Traveller Plus, 9 hour 30 minutes NO screen, hand control broken, foot rest broken, sun blind came out in my hand, very grubby, no wifi either way, aircraft 19 years old, 1 year left in service, paid extra to pick our seats £45 each way. They insulted me with £100 e-voucher off my next flight WITH THEM to be used within the next year. Got in touch which took 45 minutes on hold and they refused to give my £100 back in cash. I've paid 2018 prices for a 20 year old service."
"welcoming, clean, efficient and very helpful."
"Decent price for return flights to Amsterdam in less then 2 weeks time."
"The purpose of this review is to highlight the unbelievably poor customer service provided by British Airways. If there was an option for zero stars, that is what I would have chosen! My wife booked 4 return tickets to Qatar leaving London Heathrow on premium economy on 16/12/17 and returning business class 6 days later. Two weeks prior to departure, we received an email from British Airways Customer Service that the departure flight was cancelled with no mention of why or any alternative offered! Now bearing in mind that hotels are booked etc, this caused a right panic. My wife contacted customer services (after unacceptably long waiting times on the telephone) and as an aside, found out the return flight was also cancelled! After much frustration, she managed to transfer the flights to Qatar Airways for the same dates, leaving on economy and returning business. The mind boggles that despite British Airways and Qatar Airways code sharing, British Airways could not on their own initiative offer the alternative flights with Qatar Airways. When my wife enquired about the refund due for the outbound flight (as we were originally booked premium economy and now were flying standard economy), British Airways could not determine what the refund would be. Instead, my wife had to file a claim for the refund with customer services! Basically, British Airways cancelled scheduled flights with two weeks notice, did not offer alternatives and then expected the customer to go through their hoops to get a refund for their failure to provide any level of service! The story just gets worse. When my wife contacted customer services a few days later to chase up on the refund issue, she was told that customer relations dealt with this. However, that department only worked between 1 and 5pm! I have as yet to come across any other national company that offers such limited customer service access. At that stage, my wife emailed the CEO of British Airways out of pure frustration with the intention of informing him of this debacle and to try to come to an amenable resolution. We had hoped that by highlighting the atrocious service provided so far, British Airways might upgrade our outward flight as a gesture of goodwill. The day before we were due to fly out a customer services representative called Jane did make contact, in response to the email to Alex Cruz. All Jane could offer was an apology! My wife (quite rightly) did not accept this apology and was asked by Jane what was it that she wanted out of British Airways ( apart from the company making up for its monumental mishandling of a problem that they had created, and not being able to determine the amount of the refund rightly due to us). Totally infuriated at this stage, my wife asked for a personal apology from Alex Cruz and not from someone to whom her email was forwarded to. The intention of this request was to receive some acknowledgement from the head of British Airways of the situation and the service provided by his staff. According to Jane, this was not possible as Alex Cruz did not respond to emails personally. This is factually incorrect as there is evidence on the internet (just google it) that contradicts this statement. Perhaps the statement that Alex Cruz does not see fit to respond to customer issues is indicative of the malaise that seeps through British Airways, such that if the head is not concerned, there is no need for the rest of the staff to provide a minimal level of acceptable service. In summary, I think it is a disgrace that a company like this is the national carrier and carrying the name “British” is a stain on the country and its people. I thank you for taking the time to read through this lengthy review. Hopefully you will have a better insight as to the type of company British Airways is. Forewarned is forearmed."
"Bad customer service, unprofessional service. Do not care about helping people. If they make a mistake they just do not care and do not try to help but they tell you to just leave and they cannot help. British airways at San Diego airport just told my wife after a flight delay for 2 days that she should call british airway without booking her a hotel reservation. they just tell her to leave. This shows how careless they are. very unprofessional. will never recommend british airways to no one and will never fly british airways again"
"Traveled to Sydney, Australia in September 2017, returning in November. Firstly, they misplaced one of my two suitcases, delivering it to me more than 24 hours later, damaged and broken. When I attempted to make a claim, I was informed it was 'out of time' and therefore would not be considered. The flight in economy was okay, but Customer Services were deplorable. They simply do not care in the slightest. Find an alternative carrier. Do NOT travel with this uncaring, money grabbing outfit. Shame, they used to be good, but now are simply dreadful. I shall not be traveling with British Airways ever again. and look forward to the demise of the airline."
"British Airways did not make me happy on recent flight although I would not like to denigrate them entirely. I find it disappointing that an airline which used to have such a good reputation should now act like a budget airline even though their fares are much higher. BA used to leave newspapers for passengers to take before boarding but these are no longer available. They also used to offer complimentary tea, coffee, drinks or snacks but now you have to pay for them. These are only small perks but they make the difference between a first-class carrier and the rest."
"Cabin crew were kind. This is the only positive thing. British Airways are now becoming as bad as Ryanair! On board now passengers have to pay ridiculous amount of money even for a small bottle of water... When I booked my flight from Heathrow to Sofia, I was told I get a free checked in bag for my baby girl. A day before my flight I decided to double check this and called their customer service line and the guy on the phone told me I need to pay for checked in bag if I want one. I told him that there should be one included for my baby daughter but he said this is not true. I asked him to double check this and he said he already did so I had to pay for a checked bag (£30 each way) since I already had my suitcase packed. Next day, as I went to the check in at Heathrow, I was asked how many bags do I want to check in. I asked how many bags am I allowed to check in and the lady said I can check in two bags- one for my baby and the one that I’ve paid for the previous day. The thing is that I only had one suitcase since the guy on the phone told me I can only check one bag (if I pay for it first). After I arrived in Sofia, I rang British airways and explained everything, so they agreed they should refund the money they’ve charged me for the additional bag. They said they’ll refund the £30 for the London-Sofia flight the same day and the other £30 fee for the Sofia-London route in about a week time. A month later I checked my online banking and saw they’ve only refunded £30 for the outbound journey. I rang them and they’ve said they are sorry and they’ll refund the remaining £30 within the next 3 days. When I pointed that it should be fare and reasonable that I get a 20% discount voucher from my next flight price, they said this is something British Airways do not offer. Nowadays I think there isn’t too much difference between British airways and a low cost third world country airline. Pity really..."
British Airways is rated 2.52 based on 86 reviews