Brantano Reviews

35% of reviewers recommend Brantano
01AM
1AM

About Brantano: Place where you can buy fantastiv range of Shoes and Boots at Brantano footwear online. The latest ladies, Men’s and kids Shoes in a huge range of styles Including brands such as Clarks, Hush Puppies and Skechers.<br /> Brantano was established in the UK in 1998 and has over 150 stores across the country, we are known for our great value shoes for all the family. Brantano’s website has a huge range of shoes for every family member with brands ranging from Nike, Skechers, Hush Puppies and Clarks.

Interlink Way West, Interlink Business Park, Bardon, Coalville

Categories:
Fashion
Footwear

Tell us how Brantano made you happy

"Brantano Footwear had to be the most USELESS shoe shop ever no wonder they went bust as the Manager in the now defunct Norwich branch was a rude ignorant twat and staff in the shop hanged around the till not helping anyone you asked them all you got was I DONT KNOW? WEAKEST LINK BRANTANO.................................................................................GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!"
Are you Brantano? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Purchased some CAT shoes and have worn them for 2 weeks, polished them yesterday with neutral coloured wax as advised by a Brantano member of staff and they have gone from tan colour to a dark brown colour! So today I went to Brantano and told two workers today in the Reading store who couldn't care less. Was told I could have a full refund (I was wearing them and didn't have any others) or swap them for an alternative at the 50% marked down price. I am a size 13 and with only 6 pairs of 13 in the store I had somewhat limited choice. Bearing in mind that all the shoes are now all marked down by 50% I said how about you give me 50% back as a good will gesture and I keep the shoes, but no that wasn't possible. I came away from the shop to purchase some replacements from Brantano online and then return to the store for the refund I was promised. However I am now unable to search online as Brantano has gone in to administration and the website has been closed down. What absolutely rubbish service..."
"Husband brought a pair of shoes for son today, got style, size & colour totally wrong. Paid by cc. Within an hour sent him back for change of mind refund as stated on back of receipt only to be refused and offered an exchange. Nothing suitable in stock so now stuck with a totally useless pair of shoes !! Deserve to be closing !!"
"BRANTANO has gotta be the most useless pathetic shoe shop ever with Abysmal customer service, rude miserable staff and stores that look like a messy charity shop! I went into the Norwich store where the Manager stands there being rude to customers like BASIL FAWLTY and the staff hide behind the till not helping customers and you ask someone where are the shoes in my size you get the dim line I DONT KNOW? Its like being on the WEAKEST LINK in there as their ANNE ROBINSON attitude is a lot to be desired as I say don't go into BRANTANO try SHOEZONE they are better! STOP PRESS BRANTANO HAS GONE BUST WONDERFUL NEWS GET THE CHAMPERS OUT AS THAT RUDE IDIOT OF A MANAGER WILL BE GONE AND BRANTANO WILL BE REPLACED BY A BETTER SHOP!!!"
"I ordered four pairs of shoes online from Brantano on 23rd September 2016. I kept one pair and promptly returned the other three pairs (each costing £60) in one parcel. There was a long delay before any money was returned to my credit card, but then only for two pairs, not three. On telephoning customer services, I was asked to send a copy of my credit card statement as proof that this was the case. After doing so, I was told that the outstanding money had then been returned to my credit card. However, no refund materialised so after three weeks I contacted Brantano again. Computer errors were blamed (!)and I was then told that a cheque would be issued and posted to me. That was three weeks ago! After a further phone call today, two months since I put in the order, I was told that the cheque had been posted yesterday! I await to its arrival, but I shall never order anything again from Brantano. I have never had any such problems with any main department store when ordering online."
"My husband bought a pair of slippers on Wednesday but by Friday of the same week one of the slippers was coming apart. Unfortunately we had disposed of the receipt thinking they were OK and couldn't retrieve it from the sack in the community bin used for the block of flats where we live.We went to the store on Saturday morning to hopefully exchange them or failing that request a refund.My husband went on his own only to be told nothing could be done without a receipt. Unfortunately he lost his cool and left the shop. I subsequently went in and asked to speak to the manager. I explained that my husband was under immense stress having been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer the week before with a possible life expectancy of two weeks hence the reason for losing his cool. The manager said that she didn't accept that he could be rude to her staff. I asked that perhaps knowing this that perhaps she could cut him a bit of slack. Her attitude was cold and unhelpful. I was able to show her the email received from Brantano confirming my " Free Gift" for my purchase and she finally said I could have a credit note. I would never shop in Brantano again and the attitude of the Manager in the Burton upon Trent store was cold and totally unsympathetic. Terrible customer service as the goods were not fit for purpose under the current law."
"Absolutely terrible online service - shoes are great if they fit but if they don't you have no end of problems with incorrect returns, withholding money and their Customer Service Team just don't seem to understand. Would not recommend them - deal with a much more reputable company."
"Awful awful service, I was served by the manager and he was barely civil! Not a please or thankyou; shop not busy but still rubbish slow service"
"Disgusting service, taking money from my card when an item wasn't even in stock and not refunding when requested, would not recommend to anyone."
"Bought 2 pairs of boots which were not fit for purpose. Managed to wear them for one day before they were so uncomfortable that I couldn't wear them any longer. I had to go and buy 2 pairs of inner soles to make them last a couple more days before I could get home and find a bin. Recently bought a pair of sandals which again lasted 1 day before they were unwearable. When I went to the Waterlooville store I was greeted by a very rude woman who made me feel about an inch tall. Slagged me off in front of my partner, she thought it made her look clever (not) Will never go shopping there again. customer service nil. Better to go shopping at Pavers Port Solent where you are treated with the respect you deserve. Lovely selection of shoes too and good prices."
"Elgin branch = Awful Waited for ages at the till, had to go and find a member of staff who grunted when I asked if I could get served. Another staff member served me, didn't apologise for my wait, took payment, didn't asked if I required a bag, very poor service. Some training in customer relations required I think!"
"Bought shoes for £49.99 then when I got out of shop and home. noticed I had email earlier from then 25% off £40shop .maybe if staff knew there was discounts sent you would have thought they might of said .contacted brantana all I got was sorry you missed out .very angry shop quite often there."
"Used the new shoe protection box charge £4.00 put my new penguin suede shoes in them price of shoes £68.00 after treatment they are now worth £00.00 Stained BRANTANO answer we will give you £25.00 credit which I refused Disgusting service (Swindon Branch) The box is designed to put a protective spray on shoes bot my shoes came out stained No help from manager etc"
"Bought some shoes for my husband took them back to get size smaller as came up big the duty manager was very rude and disrespectful actually argued with me so what happens to customer is right I never got my replacement I took the refund went to next and bought a pair there where they were so polite and helpful so as a monthly customer on line and in store spent a lot of money on shoes for me, my mum and my husband oh and my grandson I will never set foot in martlet ham brantana again il go to next or elsewhere awful a young boy talking down to me a middle aged lady with a degree as well and told off."
"I visited Brantano in Malvern today and I asked a member of staff if she could help me. I usually purchase the same type or similar Emilio Luca court shoe every time as they are very comfortable. I could not see them on the shelf and she said what you see is what we have got. I asked if the lady at the till might be able to order them in for me as they had in the past and she said that she was in charge here and that they couldn't. I was upset by her manner as she wasn't very polite and so I left the store and purchased a pair of shoes at Clarks in Great Malvern instead. I am a very easy going person and try not to upset anyone and the member of staff upset me how she spoke to me and I am not sure whether I will ever go to Brantano again after today."
"I have shopped with them throughout the years they have been open but in the past 5 or 6 years there customer service has been absolutely appalling. They have no consideration it's just about money to them. Shocking. I have witnessed arrogant and sarcastic staff who blatantly lie not only to your face but to administration and head office."
"Horrendous company, don't buy their shoes unless you want to buy into a company run by egotistical middle aged women who fail to act on employees complaints and promote bullying against their store staff! Rude, cheap and a disgrace to the retail industry!"
"I bought boots from this chain and after about a dozen times wearing them and not walking very far in them, the right boot started to let in water. Despite the water coming in between the sole and boot joint, I was told that they couldn't do anything because I didn't pay to have them waterproofed. I repeatedly told them that it was a fault and nothing to do about being waterproof. Eventually they told me that all they could do was send them to head office. I told them that I would prefer to swap them, or take a credit note because of poor reviews and 'lost' footwear that I had heard about. They gave me the choice of take them home or they could send them to head office, which they did, despite my reservations. 6 weeks later and three enquiries, they admitted that they couldn't find them. After almost two months of calling I did eventually get a refund. Store staff were pleasant enough, but head office customer service is a joke. Basically, there is no service. Wouldn't recommend them and certainly won't be going back"
"Is there anyway of making this go under very poor!! I worked there for 6 months before they released me from my probationary period and latter effected my new job with a bad reference saying they sacked me... When I was working there al they care about is selling shoe care, I stayed on al day doing overtime for them and was left out on the shop floor by my self, and they had the cheek next day to tell me why I never sold allot of shoe care and I was getting disciplined, I was so angry and never done over time like that again for them, The manager is one arrogant human being, Who has the cheek to say I have a bad attitude when the person who really did was him, I always turned up to work 5 minutes early and they had the cheek to say I was late every day, Which I corrected them every time they told me this as if i was late it would be past the time I had to start my shift... As for them being friendly to customers they were al a joke, Worst attitude ever, Always spoke badly about customers as if the were a peace of dirt, I was the only one who treated the customers with respect as they deserve. Al the staff were also 2 faced and snakes who were being fake 24/7 and the actual manager who managed 3-4 stores was the worst out of al them, She didn't listen to a word you says to her, I would never wish for my worst enemy to work for the company and hope it fails even more as it has. I am still fuming they nearly effected my new job as it has nothing to do with them what I do any more and to even give me a bad reference is embarrassing!! BTW THE STORE IS COATBRIDGE NORTH LANARKSHIRE!!"
"Purchased a pair of ladies ankle boots from Brentanos Ullesthorpe on 10th November. As soon as I put them on I noticed that one boot let wet, suggested it could be a hole near the stitching. I returned the boots to be be greeted by a lady behind the counter that made no eye contact whatsoever. She said that she couldnt see anything wrong and they werent guaranteed waterproof anyway. I made a point that I wouldn't be wearing the boots in the Summer months so in my opinion they weren't fit for purpose. In the end she reluctantly reimbursed me. No apology, no thank you, no goodbye. Needless to say, we won't be going back."
Brantano is rated 2.42 based on 55 reviews