Book Depository Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Book Depository
1PM
1PM

Tell us how Book Depository made you happy

"Charged twice for book order. After much nonsense emails from customer service I eventually said I was going to involve Trading Standards. This seemed to work. No one seems to know what they are doing or looking for or is it a ploy to keep the over charges. Kept asking me questions they already knew the answers to."
Are you Book Depository? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Book Depository receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Fantastic book selection with very competitive pricing, easy to use website and fast delivery. Books all arrive in great condition."
"it has been over 20 days and i am still waiting for my delivery, their surport team is useless. please do not use this website."
Ann
"Well packaged, prompt service of a wide selection of books. Cool book marks included as a nice touch. Promptly helpful and polite if contacted with a query. Free postage."
"Book arrived in time and in perfect order. Selection was great in the category which I searched. I have used the service before and have always been very satisfied"
"Excellent service"
"Quick delivery, free shipping, huge variety of products, high product quality and helpful customer service!"
"Books. Very good .dobra. on time. Customer service make good."
"Great service from this website that provides a ton of titles in different editions. The service is fast and easy to use and haven't had any trouble with the company."
"When I ordered my book I was given an estimated date for delivery - BUT 'The Book Depository didn't even dispatch my order until the day it was meant to be delivered. So I received it 4 days later than the agreed date. When I wrote to Customer Services to ask why my delivery was delayed, I got different responses from 3 different people - none of them telling me the reason for delay. Customer Services seem to be unable to give a straight answer to a straight question. And Dispatch is clearly unable to meet the delivery date promised when you order. A Slow and Unhelpful service. I won't buy from them again!"
"In the name of free delivery, the book that I ordered never reached the designated address. Upon contacting, they asked me to contact the local post office without naming a single one (I wonder if they air drop to any random company? Won't the company have the ties with at least one post office company?). Apparently because its a free delivery they don't care about it and refused to give me a refund when I emailed them about the problem. Never going to order from them. Not recommended at all."
"Excellent customer services."
"Book arrived promptly in perfect condition."
"Huge selection and speedy delivery"
"Great service and choice of books, I recommend doing business with them."
"They're very helpful and understanding and delivers excellent and on time and have a excellent selection of books hard back and paperback they are totally wonderful i have used them for quite some years now and i really trust them to deliver my books to me on time and helpful when i have questions to ask"
"Have bought from this company for yrs. Recently bought an old edition of the Brownie handbook. Unfortunately I received an up to date version so reordered. Same thing happened again. When it came to returning the goods I was told I couldn’t return them in the UK, I had to return them to Australia at my expense! Turns out a new edition was launched over the summer and they clearly didn’t want me to return old stock. They have been using photos of an edition which is many years out of date. I complained to amazon who agreed that this was unfair and refunded me. This is blantant deceit and I would beware of buying from this company again. Interestingly I made a further complaint and was told that I could return the books - to an address less than half an hr from my home!!"
"Cheap, good quality books, postage was a little slow."
"So far, so good. Occasional purchases over last 5+ years to NZ. Have had an " account" registered since day one and no problems with "wrong address" (would suspect wrong address probably "casuals"). Despatch speed patchy, split shipments irritating, "free" shipping generally cheaper (overall) than other sources that detail product and shipping costs."
Dog
"An issue of a damaged book was sorted quickly and without any fuss, with a range of solutions to suit me. I accepted a 50% discount for the damage on the book and was very happy with the deal. An excellent company to deal with, who put their customers first"
Book Depository is rated 4.37 based on 161 reviews