Book Depository Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Book Depository

How would you rate Book Depository ?

"In the name of free delivery, the book that I ordered never reached the designated address. Upon contacting, they asked me to contact the local post office without naming a single one (I wonder if they air drop to any random company? Won't the company have the ties with at least one post office company?). Apparently because its a free delivery they don't care about it and refused to give me a refund when I emailed them about the problem. Never going to order from them. Not recommended at all."
"Have bought from this company for yrs. Recently bought an old edition of the Brownie handbook. Unfortunately I received an up to date version so reordered. Same thing happened again. When it came to returning the goods I was told I couldn’t return them in the UK, I had to return them to Australia at my expense! Turns out a new edition was launched over the summer and they clearly didn’t want me to return old stock. They have been using photos of an edition which is many years out of date. I complained to amazon who agreed that this was unfair and refunded me. This is blantant deceit and I would beware of buying from this company again. Interestingly I made a further complaint and was told that I could return the books - to an address less than half an hr from my home!!"
"So far, so good. Occasional purchases over last 5+ years to NZ. Have had an " account" registered since day one and no problems with "wrong address" (would suspect wrong address probably "casuals"). Despatch speed patchy, split shipments irritating, "free" shipping generally cheaper (overall) than other sources that detail product and shipping costs."
"A dodgy London based (if this can be believed) outfit, who sell used gear as new and the refused to have the item returned so that they can refuse refund. A godawful company with absolutely no customer service and zero care for what they are selling. AVOID these crooks at all cost !!!"
"Book Depository sent me the wrong book and had clearly mixed up my order with another customer's; his label was visible beneath mine on the package. I've been trying for several weeks to get either the correct book or a refund, to no avail. Every time I ask whether the correct book has been sent, I enter the same customer service script where they tell me it was delivered; I explain that it was the wrong book; I answer a series of questions about the title I received, details of the order and the package, and my address; and they promise to send out a replacement, with no indication that they have done so yet. I've repeated this circus three times so far. I am giving up. The other book I ordered took nearly a month to arrive anyway, and while they blamed USPS, the problem actually seemed to be with their shipping contractor Liberty Express / On Demand Mail Services. Book Depository (now owned by Amazon) seems too much of a mess to bother with again. They also post fake five-star reviews on Trustpilot. Nasty company with bad-faith fake customer service; not the place I remember ordering books from in past years."
"great service, pricing and most of all free worldwide delivery will always make a librarian smile"
"Good promotions and wide variety of books."
"Great value prices, free delivery and super selection."
"The shipping is fast but the preparation process sometimes takes a little. Very good customer service"
"The book arrived in no time and again the price was very good, affordable for a student!"
"Quick delivery but books tend to have some minor damage, had one book delivered with the front cover bent"
"The book came in good shape, though delivery did take a little longer than usual."
"They have a lot of books for a great range of prices and they ship almost everywhere for free."
"Free worldwide delivery and discounts."
"Fast delivery, wide range of products for amazing prices :)"
"Worst customer service! We purchased multiple books in the same transaction, and when checking out, we put our postal address down correctly for an address in AUSTRALIA. Only after initiating contact with them, we found that they shipped our goods to BARBADOS! The two country names are not even closely spelt to each other to warrant a mistake such as that. For a book seller, a literacy inaptitude mistake like this is somewhat ironic, yet, borderline comedic. My two year old could do better data entry than that for goodness sakes Noting other negative reviews on another, and their 'copy and paste' response from the company in reply to those comments clearly shows that the Book Depository is not customer centric at all. All we are asking for is our money back, and to be told after multiple back-and-forth emails that it can take up to 10 weeks for the money to be returned is utterly deplorable. If you want better customer service, please be sure to shop elsewhere. Shame on you Book Depository!"
"They let me buy books."
"Great prices, fast delivery, personalized offers, books arrived in perfect condition."
"wide range of value books for sale, free post and good customer service"
"Fast delivery from Bookdepository and good prices."
Book Depository is rated 4.34 based on 137 reviews