Book Depository Reviews

88% of reviewers recommend Book Depository

How would you rate Book Depository?

112 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Book Depository in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Ordered 5 books and only one has been delivered within the 5-10 days period. Still waiting 20 days now."
"Book Depository has a range of books unsurpassed by any other online book retailer with the exception of Amazon. Unlike Amazon, however, there are no postage costs with Book Depository. The books themselves are at a very reasonable price, and usually cheaper than elsewhere online. There are frequently discounts available. Packaging is always sturdy, and I have not received a damaged book from Book Depository, unlike other sellers. If I want a book, Book Depository is always my first stop."
Kate Oldfield
"Delivery due March 26th...arrived April 6th. Was a gift....missed deadline so had to give belatedly. Reply to my email said it had probably been delivered?! Will not use again. Very poor service."
Lauren Perry
"I can pay my paypal, prices are fair"
Vivek Patel
"Books arrived on time."
Alan Plenty
"Always a prompt and reliable delivery. Plus they have books in good order for sale at competitive prices. They Great."
Charlene Chardon
"The price of the books are affordable."
"Although their delivery times a a bit slow, they offer free delivery, so a book I was going to order on amazon, which would have been over £10 including delivery charge, I was able to purchase from the book depository for only £4.95, with free delivery."
Derek Leeks
"Kept me informed about my order"
Pablo Sabater Anaya
"The price range they have is good and they offer similar prices for books to Amazon and Wordery but their website is not as beautiful and detail as Wordery's. It looks a bit rustic to my eye."
ELENA EROTOKRITOU
"large collection of books, cheap and great offers, also I received my books really fast"
Mr Leonard Arthur Phelps
"I order books regularly from Book Depository via Amazon.co.uk. I have always found them first class in every aspect. The books are despatched promptly, well packed and protected and if second hand are in a condition as good as but more frequently better than described. I also like the addition of a bookmark as I have taken the oportunity to collect them. Well done everyone at The Book Depository. Len. (Leonard A Phelps)."
ERIC OBRIEN
"TOTALLY RELIABLE GREAT VALUE ,"
Gwyneth Orford
"These guys are my first choice for ordering textbooks and so on. Great products, great prices and fast delivery."
Thomas Redmond
"Books are of good quality and reasonably priced arrive in a protective card board envelope with in two to three days of purchase."
"Good prices."
Mariano
"Book Depository offers a very wide range of books, past and present, keeping you updated of titles you cannot find easily. Its service and tracking while on route are impeccable."
"This is the only place with majority favourable reviews. I ordered books from them in the past. I order something on Dec 6th. It didn't arrive by January 17th (as it said it would) so I e-mailed their customer service and was told that it would arrive until Feb 5th. I asked for a refund (only $8) and they told me I need to go to the post office and see if its there. Despite the fact that they have mailed books straight to my house no problem. I've been looking online and it seems like a lot of people are having the same experience. No books being shipped, stall tactics and no refunds. They either have lost access to books or don't have enough money to ship out all the orders. So you're really entering more of a lottery in which if you win you're shipped books for slightly cheaper than amazon. But more likely you're going to lose your money. I'm okay, the amount of money I'm out was very small. But future consumers should be warned."
Rowland Wells
"I like Bookdepository.com, they are efficient, have a huge range and their prices are excellent, however, I wish that they had more promotions, and although they often advertise that there is one going on, it is always a select group of novels or the like, and never applied to comics, which are high-priced for obvious reasons. I like their packaging and I love their bookmarks, which seem to change with every order I place."
Better Choice Fuel
"Simple, easy to use, coherent and delivers great value! Would be awesome to get customized recommendations based on genre / author."
Book Depository is rated 4.48 based on 113 reviews