Book Depository Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend Book Depository
2PM
2PM

Tell us how Book Depository made you happy

"I've ordered a number of items from Book Depository always arrive on time and not damaged Thank You"
Are you Book Depository? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"If I could give no stars I would. I bought a collection of books for my fiancé just after xmas and nothing has arrived yet. I had to contact them to see where my order was after a month and got a reply saying it wasn't in stock.. no information on when it would be back and delivered to me. A month later I still have not received my order and have not heard a reply from this company yet. This order was €123 and my money is gone with no product received. If they don't carry the books they should not take your money and "hope" it will come in soon. That's not good enough. I will never use this company again as I have heard nothing back from them so I think they were hoping I would just forget all about it. DO NOT USE, SCAMMERS!"
"Some years ago I started placing orders with you. Some months ago a bug appeared in your purchasing process, this lasted several months. Last week I saw the bug had disapeared & I placed a new order."
"I live in Peru, and buying books online used to be so expensive and difficult... BookDepository is the best online bookstore for countries like Peru. When they make a mistake, the service helps you immediately. Until now i’ve order 20 books without one problem."
"Extremely annoyed, they have dispatched the book late and didn't advised as to why or what even give me an option to cancel. The person who I brought he book for has now moved. And they will not allow me to cancel the order. I have emailed customer service and it's like I am talking to a robot!! I just wanted an apology and refund and it just seems they are not capable of this."
"Very fast delivery, reasonable prices and undamaged."
"Reliable, Good quality books, Well packaged. Speedy service"
"Very efficient delivery and the National Geographic Map we ordered was just what we needed."
"Website states item is in stock, but not, they take your money sit on it and do nothing, they lie, they do not keep to their agreements, and you cannot contact them by phone DO NOT BUY FROM THESE JOKERS"
"Ordered a hardback leather-bound red/gold/black edition of ‘Dracula and other horror classics” to add to my new collection, deliberately not buying from Amazon as they only advertised a silver edition (never had any problems with them and products always as advertised). However BD sent the silver version and upon querying this claimed images are intended as a guide only. This is unacceptable as the photographed item and the written description (eg “full colour illustrations throughout”) bear no resemblance to the item I received and there is no footnote to indicate you may not receive the advertised item-if I knew this I would have avoided and look elsewhere. The customer service in dealing with this has been poor. After the initial complaint, no offer to rectify situation was made and the advert is still showing red/gold version, which is blatant false advertising. After having to repeat details again they then offered a refund upon return (with no apology whatsoever) but are unwilling to pay the postage. I keep receiving stock responses from various people. This is their error and distance selling regulations state if item is not as described then they are liable. After threatening them with Trading Standards they said they would be in touch “very soon” but since then nothing despite my repeated chasing (via email as they have no phone number). My advice to anyone considering ordering from this company to avoid them and choose instead one of the many other more reputable and honest booksellers available online."
"Charged twice for book order. After much nonsense emails from customer service I eventually said I was going to involve Trading Standards. This seemed to work. No one seems to know what they are doing or looking for or is it a ploy to keep the over charges. Kept asking me questions they already knew the answers to."
"Fantastic book selection with very competitive pricing, easy to use website and fast delivery. Books all arrive in great condition."
"it has been over 20 days and i am still waiting for my delivery, their surport team is useless. please do not use this website."
Ann
"Well packaged, prompt service of a wide selection of books. Cool book marks included as a nice touch. Promptly helpful and polite if contacted with a query. Free postage."
"Book arrived in time and in perfect order. Selection was great in the category which I searched. I have used the service before and have always been very satisfied"
"Excellent service"
"Quick delivery, free shipping, huge variety of products, high product quality and helpful customer service!"
"Books. Very good .dobra. on time. Customer service make good."
"Great service from this website that provides a ton of titles in different editions. The service is fast and easy to use and haven't had any trouble with the company."
"When I ordered my book I was given an estimated date for delivery - BUT 'The Book Depository didn't even dispatch my order until the day it was meant to be delivered. So I received it 4 days later than the agreed date. When I wrote to Customer Services to ask why my delivery was delayed, I got different responses from 3 different people - none of them telling me the reason for delay. Customer Services seem to be unable to give a straight answer to a straight question. And Dispatch is clearly unable to meet the delivery date promised when you order. A Slow and Unhelpful service. I won't buy from them again!"
Book Depository is rated 4.31 based on 172 reviews