Book Depository Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend Book Depository

How would you rate Book Depository ?

"Book Depository sent me the wrong book and had clearly mixed up my order with another customer's; his label was visible beneath mine on the package. I've been trying for several weeks to get either the correct book or a refund, to no avail. Every time I ask whether the correct book has been sent, I enter the same customer service script where they tell me it was delivered; I explain that it was the wrong book; I answer a series of questions about the title I received, details of the order and the package, and my address; and they promise to send out a replacement, with no indication that they have done so yet. I've repeated this circus three times so far. I am giving up. The other book I ordered took nearly a month to arrive anyway, and while they blamed USPS, the problem actually seemed to be with their shipping contractor Liberty Express / On Demand Mail Services. Book Depository (now owned by Amazon) seems too much of a mess to bother with again. They also post fake five-star reviews on Trustpilot. Nasty company with bad-faith fake customer service; not the place I remember ordering books from in past years."
"Good promotions and wide variety of books."
"Great value prices, free delivery and super selection."
"The shipping is fast but the preparation process sometimes takes a little. Very good customer service"
"The book arrived in no time and again the price was very good, affordable for a student!"
"Quick delivery but books tend to have some minor damage, had one book delivered with the front cover bent"
"The book came in good shape, though delivery did take a little longer than usual."
"They have a lot of books for a great range of prices and they ship almost everywhere for free."
"Free worldwide delivery and discounts."
"Fast delivery, wide range of products for amazing prices :)"
"Worst customer service! We purchased multiple books in the same transaction, and when checking out, we put our postal address down correctly for an address in AUSTRALIA. Only after initiating contact with them, we found that they shipped our goods to BARBADOS! The two country names are not even closely spelt to each other to warrant a mistake such as that. For a book seller, a literacy inaptitude mistake like this is somewhat ironic, yet, borderline comedic. My two year old could do better data entry than that for goodness sakes Noting other negative reviews on another, and their 'copy and paste' response from the company in reply to those comments clearly shows that the Book Depository is not customer centric at all. All we are asking for is our money back, and to be told after multiple back-and-forth emails that it can take up to 10 weeks for the money to be returned is utterly deplorable. If you want better customer service, please be sure to shop elsewhere. Shame on you Book Depository!"
"They let me buy books."
"Great prices, fast delivery, personalized offers, books arrived in perfect condition."
"wide range of value books for sale, free post and good customer service"
"Fast delivery from Bookdepository and good prices."
"The UK book repository has many books at a cheaper price than elsewhere and I am always able to find the book I am looking for. I highly recommend this site."
"Deliver good books in good time for good prices."
"They always have the books I want at a price I can afford."
"Ordered 5 books and only one has been delivered within the 5-10 days period. Still waiting 20 days now."
"Book Depository has a range of books unsurpassed by any other online book retailer with the exception of Amazon. Unlike Amazon, however, there are no postage costs with Book Depository. The books themselves are at a very reasonable price, and usually cheaper than elsewhere online. There are frequently discounts available. Packaging is always sturdy, and I have not received a damaged book from Book Depository, unlike other sellers. If I want a book, Book Depository is always my first stop."
Book Depository is rated 4.42 based on 132 reviews