Book Depository Reviews

2PM
2PM
Click Here

Tell us how Book Depository made you happy

"Excellent service as always, will be my first port of call for any future books"
Are you Book Depository? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Appalling customer service! I have now contacted them 3 times about a missing item from my order that I bought and paid for but wasn't delivered. No reply whatsoever....still waiting"
"Its a scam just forget it : People are constantly saying they haven't received their purchase , don't get refunded , and get handed a bunch of excuses . When I dealt with them what they didn't know is i already knew what they were going to say so i let it all happen and recorded all the evidence now its all being handled by www.actionfraud.co.uk so its curtains guys . What I don't get is how the domain points at amazon ? https://www.whois.com/whois/bookdepository.com its like who are dealing with here one or the other ?????"
"I ordered 8 books in one transaction... However they shipped each book separately, so I received an endless amount of emails regarding dispatch and shipping but also had 8 different packages arrive over the space of a few days, so had to check off each one to see which ones I was still waiting for For this reason, I wouldn't buy from here again if I'm buying more than 1 item"
"Boooks never arrived was messed about and told to wait, waited two weeks thwynever came."
"Messed me about assured books were on the way, waited two weeks they never turned up, had to ask for refund,shant be using them again"
"A book sent to me was so bad I had to wrap up the book andade sure the stench got well contained in packaging. I ordered same book at another good book supplier and at half the price and the spine in mint condition. I lost all hope and faith in book depository. I reckoned upon the book CameE out of a tip. No more to say."
"Website information on books they have is unparalleled. . Without them there is no other book store or online outlet including Amazon who provide enough details. Like dimensions of the book, weight, year of publication and publisher. Most of their prices are cheaper than any other online book seller. Speedy and reliable delivery"
"Instead of two-three days it took nine. I think they buy to third parties and resell it."
"Be very careful when ordering. Systematically they have change a letter in my mail adress when I order anything, meaning I wont get any info or know when to pick my things up. This is the second time I have to cancel an order because of this. This time i screenshotted the correct filled out form, pressed next and there it is, a wrong email that I have never added. And it's not in chromes lists of adresses either."
"I've ordered a number of items from Book Depository always arrive on time and not damaged Thank You"
"If I could give no stars I would. I bought a collection of books for my fiancé just after xmas and nothing has arrived yet. I had to contact them to see where my order was after a month and got a reply saying it wasn't in stock.. no information on when it would be back and delivered to me. A month later I still have not received my order and have not heard a reply from this company yet. This order was €123 and my money is gone with no product received. If they don't carry the books they should not take your money and "hope" it will come in soon. That's not good enough. I will never use this company again as I have heard nothing back from them so I think they were hoping I would just forget all about it. DO NOT USE, SCAMMERS!"
"Some years ago I started placing orders with you. Some months ago a bug appeared in your purchasing process, this lasted several months. Last week I saw the bug had disapeared & I placed a new order."
"I live in Peru, and buying books online used to be so expensive and difficult... BookDepository is the best online bookstore for countries like Peru. When they make a mistake, the service helps you immediately. Until now i’ve order 20 books without one problem."
"Extremely annoyed, they have dispatched the book late and didn't advised as to why or what even give me an option to cancel. The person who I brought he book for has now moved. And they will not allow me to cancel the order. I have emailed customer service and it's like I am talking to a robot!! I just wanted an apology and refund and it just seems they are not capable of this."
"Very fast delivery, reasonable prices and undamaged."
"Reliable, Good quality books, Well packaged. Speedy service"
"Very efficient delivery and the National Geographic Map we ordered was just what we needed."
"Website states item is in stock, but not, they take your money sit on it and do nothing, they lie, they do not keep to their agreements, and you cannot contact them by phone DO NOT BUY FROM THESE JOKERS"
"Ordered a hardback leather-bound red/gold/black edition of ‘Dracula and other horror classics” to add to my new collection, deliberately not buying from Amazon as they only advertised a silver edition (never had any problems with them and products always as advertised). However BD sent the silver version and upon querying this claimed images are intended as a guide only. This is unacceptable as the photographed item and the written description (eg “full colour illustrations throughout”) bear no resemblance to the item I received and there is no footnote to indicate you may not receive the advertised item-if I knew this I would have avoided and look elsewhere. The customer service in dealing with this has been poor. After the initial complaint, no offer to rectify situation was made and the advert is still showing red/gold version, which is blatant false advertising. After having to repeat details again they then offered a refund upon return (with no apology whatsoever) but are unwilling to pay the postage. I keep receiving stock responses from various people. This is their error and distance selling regulations state if item is not as described then they are liable. After threatening them with Trading Standards they said they would be in touch “very soon” but since then nothing despite my repeated chasing (via email as they have no phone number). My advice to anyone considering ordering from this company to avoid them and choose instead one of the many other more reputable and honest booksellers available online."
Book Depository is rated 4.18 based on 182 reviews