Betta Living Reviews

57% of reviewers recommend Betta Living

Customerservices@bettaliving.co.uk

How would you rate Betta Living?

India
Verified Reviewer

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND POOR QUALITY - AVOID!!
We experienced mistake after mistake throughout the whole process. The kitchen arrived 3 weeks after we were told it would and lots of bits were missing or incorrect so the project ended up being extremely delayed. Communication was dreadful and the staff were rude and unhelpful. After all the quality of the kitchen was low and sadly do not envisage it lasting long term.
Jane
Unverified Reviewer

This company went into liquidation in December 2016 leaving many people without the goods they had paid for and employees and designers without jobs or pay. Use at your peril
Unverified Reviewer

Bathroom water guard shattered in the middle of the Night?!!!!! The glass shattered into pieces which looked like ice. No the company is in liquidation?
Unverified Reviewer

bad installation, pars missing, no electrical safety certificate, loads of left overs, lied to by staff. Staff were rude when we tried to complain. Then they went into administration. Warranty now void.... dont go near them.
Ruth Cross
Unverified Reviewer

I have had my kitchen fitted for 18 months. When we bought the kitchen the salesman told us how good Caple appliances were. Please DO NOT by these I have had 5 ovens replaced. I have been electrocuted by one even the repairman did. So yet again CAPLE oven is broken taken over 10 weeks to get repairman out and it has been replaced but when fitted been given totally different model that doesn't match the bottom oven leaving a massive gap in between. Rang Caple who are really helpful (NOT) and told me to take it up with you so my answer to you Beta living you sold me these appliances you need to sort it out! my ARMY COMPENSATION was used to buy a kitchen so it is fitted to my disability due to having a spinal injury.
Unverified Reviewer

Good quality but terrible service. The order was mishandled from start to finish and they left a real mess behind. I raised a complaint (including with their top management) and they didn't even bother to respond. They charge premium prices but they show no respect for their customers.
Lisa
Unverified Reviewer

I ordered and had my Phoenix White kitchen fitted last autumn. BettaLiving had the exact colour/textured style I wanted, but I didn't want to go ahead due to the negative feedback i'd read. The only thing that made me finally go ahead was the very positive 1st hand feedback from 2 of my clients. They had no trouble at all and praised the quality/robustness of their kitchens. I went ahead with a lot of reluctance but knowing I was strong enough to pull out. The sales pitch went on for 3 hours as expected, but I declined initial offer (started at £25K and went down to £10K) A month later was contacted again, met with another surveyor and agreed the rate. Opted for year free option, paid small deposit, £300, waited for kitchen. It arrived in the timeline - I chose date/time to suit me. I used my own builders and bought my own "white"goods, range cooker. Bettaliving provided kitchen and wine cooler. To date the only issue i've had was with 2 cupboard handle screws working the thread bare -i had 2 extra handles in my boxes so not a big deal. So far so good, and I am really pleased with my whole kitchen, in fact I love it. My surfaces are textured (apart from sparkly worktop) and not the glossed surfaces seeming to give a lot of trouble. When my builders thought items were missing I called the service line immediately (happened 3 times) and the chap talked me through what needed to be done, no items were actually missing. The team were polite and helpful, I didn't expect them to be. Kitchen parts were not pre-cut apart from doors, so really need kitchen fitters who know what they're doing - mine were great. Anyway, even tough my positive review is in the minority I thought it only fair to give it. I even waited several months in case things went wrong. Very pleased to say it hasn't so far.
Unverified Reviewer

The fitting of the kitchen
AR
Unverified Reviewer

We had Betta living to do our kitchen and bathroom 2 years ago and spent over 60K. Both are in shambles!! Not sure where I should start but broadly:

Kitchen:
• Sink: gets blocked every 10 - 15 days, when we call the plumbers they say pipes have been laid incorrectly therefore recurring problem;
• Hob: main burner and 2 others of the 5 burners do not work, the suppliers called in, they say that the way the hob has been fitted does not allow them access. We tried to get the hob changed but all suppliers said that we need to re-do the granite work as the way it has been fitted will not allow a replacement to be fitted. Therefore for the last 1.5 years we are cooking on 2 small burners. Apparently, we were sold a non-standard size hob.
• Freezer: Under the table freezer has not worked from day 1. It has been switched off and is just unused (especially annoying as we are so short of storage space).
• The cupboard shelves for keeping cereal boxes are slightly smaller than standard, so cannot keep standard cereal boxes!
• The framework of the cupboards is peeling off.
• The hinges from all the cupboards are coming off so none of the cupboards close completely. I could go on……………………………..

Bathroom
• Pipes in the bathroom have been laid down incorrectly, again we need to keep calling the plumbers to release blockages.
• Showers either too hot or too cold.
• They were assigned to place tiles on the bathtub, which the fitter said would lead to difficulties to access pipes. So, we have all these expensive tiles sitting in our shed. We now find that all they needed to do was create panels and screw them on.

Service as such is completely non-existent with them. Innumerable calls and emails have not yielded any result. We have spent over 60K with them and surprisingly we do not have permission to place our reviews on their website.

If you are considering using them and money, effort and time are not an issue for you ONLY then go ahead. Alternatively, please look around Betta Living is definitely not worth your custom.
Mrs M, London
Unverified Reviewer

Don't go anywhere near this company, no matter what name they are giving themselves these days. A Bunch of con artists. Not to mention the nuisance calls because they have your details on their database and don't listen when you ask them to remove your details and stop calling. Dangerous workmanship. Poor quality products. Had a new gas hob fitted yesterday by a reputable company. The gas engineer told me BettaLiving had left live wires behind the oven. BettaLiving removed an oven isolation switch. Integrated washing machine rocking and rolling all over the place, banging on the kitchen door. Baumatic appliances fell apart just after the ONE YEAR warranty ran out. MY BIGGEST WARNING is for the finance they will try to make you sign up to. DO NOT GO NEAR THE HITACHI FINANCE PACKAGE. UNLESS YOU TRULY WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF.
P

To Whomsover It may concern

I would like to bring to your notice the way my first site visit was dealt by one of your sales representatives Mr. Steve (07801366265) and how amateur he was in his job and his dealings.

He called me before the visit and when I gave him the address where he had to go and measure up the kitchen he said that he was not made aware of all this at all and he wanted to work from the measurements which were done by the architect but I had to urge him to go and get the accurate measurements as thats how every other supplier deals with any furniture.

Upon arrival, he looked very annoyed & made rude and sarcastic comments like "why do you need such a big kitchen?? can you afford it?? whats the budget?? ". At that point we did not react to his sarcasm and we ignored it.

After the measure up was done he then gave us a price of £38,000 (which so far was the highest quotations I have received comparing to any other suppliers of equivalent standard). He then said he can discount it to £30,000 with one of the ongoing offers. Further to this he said he can close the deal for £22,000 provided we pay him there and then which was ridiculous as no one is sitting at home with that kind of money in their pockets. When I said we want to look into the details to make sure we have covered everything he said that he did not appreciate us wasting his time and his time was very precious which is very rude to say to your potential client.

I asked him if there is a one year interest free payment plan to which he said we do not offer any payment plans. One of my friends has bought the kitchen from your company recently and he had the opportunity to go for no interest if the full balance was paid within a year (I can give his details if you wish to).

I personally feel that the jump from £38,000 to £22,000 (which did not take him more than 7 mins to be precise) was quite fishy and did not make any sense as most of the items where still on the quotation and there was only a very minor change. I found Steve very rude, aggressive and racist in passing comments and overall body gesture. I would never ever recommend your services to any of my friends and family. I work in customer service oriented industry and if I was behaving the way Steve did then I would have been out of my job within seconds. It was only due to my decorous behaviour I did not react or make a big scene.

I await for a kind response at the earliest if your company is bothered about feedbacks.

What went right???
Do not use these cowboys. Rush job. Came back already to fix their mistakes but it's still not right. Now fan is broken because not installed properly
Jon
Verified Reviewer

2 years after the fitting, 80% of the laminate is peeling off the cabinets. Not to worry, called up to claim under the 15 year warranty to be told the company has been liquidated and the warranty is null and void.
Still trading under the same brand with the same website. Same majority owners. Surely this is illegal? I have contacted Trading Standards.
Ex Customer Northeast England Uk
Verified Reviewer

We had a fitted Kitchen, fitted wardrobes to 3 bedrooms in october 2014 and have had nothing but problems(over £30,000 worth of goods) The coating on the wardrobe doors was coming off, when we contacted them in September 2016 we were told that these had been recalled(2 years ago) however did not contact customers to let them know. We were told that these would be sent out to us and fitted however in the meantime the company went bust(went into administration october 2016 and reopened as "we fit any furniture"-"my fitted kitchen ltd''my fitted bedroom ltd'etc we received a call november 2016 by the new company stating that the doors would no longer be supplied as stated but offering the replacement doors for a further£3000 as an extra cost. They were told to shove it! The 15 years Warranty and Manufacturers Guarantee was not worth the paper it was written on.We have been left with an incomplete Kitchen and Bedrooms with poor quality doors. We haven't had any refund or offers of refund after several months of emails and letters and now this company is trading again under a different disguise-"We fit any furniture"-"My fitted kitchen ltd''My fitted bedroom ltd'etc NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE CONMEN AND DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AND DEFINITELY HAVE NO CONSCIENCE!!!
Emma
Verified Reviewer

I contacted bettaliving to arrange an appointment for a quote on fitted wardrobes for my bedroom. Whilst arranging the appointment the advisor on the phone seemed disinterested and kept mentioning how 'expensive' the wardrobes would be, asking continuously 'is that going to be ok?' I was asked twice whether the property was council, and whether it was my parents property. After an awkward conversation where I felt belittled I decided that I was being overly sensitive and being 22 must sound young on the phone so decided to book an appointment anyway.

The morning of the appointment arrived and the consultant 'Julie' was running late. Again, not an issue she rang and forwarned me so I waited for her to arrive. I shouldn't of bothered waiting around as when she did arrive she half heartedly measured where I wanted the wardrobes fitting (she didn't even measure the height) She then sat in my living room with a notepad and drew a few lines meant to resemble how I wanted the wardrobes. She then made up an excuse that because my space had a slanted ceiling she would need to ring her boss and check that she could do it, she proceeded to keep mentioning the word expensive then left my house to call her boss. When she came back she said that her boss wasn't answering so she couldn't help me further, that she would call me the next day and left.

I wasn't surprised when she didn't call back the next day and I'm absolutely appalled that for some reason bettaliving have judged me because of my age from the very start. I don't know what kind of company expects to succeed when they constantly tell their customers that they are expensive and don't seem to bother about gaining new custom, especially those paying cash.

Fortunately for me I had an appointment booked later that day with Hammonds, who were professional. They digitally designed my custom wardrobes for me and didn't once mention price until the end. I paid cash on the spot, and I'm looking forward to my new wardrobes being installed later this month. Stay away from bettaliving they are the worst customer service I have ever received and apparently my money is not good enough for them, which is probably a blessing in disguise as I could see the whole process with them being a disaster.
Stephen
Verified Buyer

Built in nuce and ckean, The man behind this did a goid job, hiwever, I find the wardrobe bulk after completion.
Verified Buyer

attempted to rectify situation where finishing was done poorly - quickly and efficiently.
Shauna
Verified Reviewer

Theyve gone bust. Next are taking no responsibility for any of the warrentys despite the kitchens being sold as next kitchens
Verified Reviewer

Kitchen is of good quality but. Two of the kitchen doors are different shades! After 6 months two new doors were sent but never fitted. I have emailed and phoned numerous times, all promises to ring me to sort but never happens. Also wiring badly done at back of washing machine and dryer, not boxed in hanging loose. One socket wired badly and started to burn, I had to pay for electrician to fix before it caused fire. Bits fell of which I had to stick back on, wall chipped and surround on microwave damage by fitters, all reported nothing done in two years! Kitchen cupboards lovely, wish I hadn't used savings now. Won't be having them to do bedroom.
Fox, Michelle
Verified Buyer

wrong stuff delivered. poor communication.
Betta Living is rated 3.32 based on 872 reviews