Bensons For Beds Reviews

Categories:
Beds & Bedroom
Furniture
Home & Garden

How would you rate Bensons For Beds ?

Mary Sullivan
Verified Reviewer
"I ordered a bed, paid in full (not cheap £1800) and waited over a month for delivery. Before delivery, we measured - according to their size guideline sheet - that the bed would fit. It measures 2m which is what is indicated on the guide. On the delivery date, their delivery men came up, and said they wouldn't even bring it up. It wouldn't fit. They came back up with a STRING and said nope, not going to fit. They left without measuring it, without trying to fit the bed. After they left, we called Bensons asking what our options are. We can either pay 20% to return the bed, or pay for a new bed, or they can deliver the bed again and we put it in ourselves. This is ridiculous, they have no sense of responsibility - they provided the size guidelines, our house MET the guidelines and they didn't even attempt at delivery, the mattress never left the truck - yet we have to carry the full responsibility for the mattress? I would've been better doing business with a local business who could work with me and try - unlike this machine of a business that is designed to rob you of your money and could care less about customer satisfaction."
"I ordered a mattress from Bensons following the receipt of a faulty mattress from Dreams. I placed the order over the phone and competed the finance application. The sales person was polite, professional and quick (although he did forget to ask a colour option which I pointed out and he promised he would amend - we will see if he did when it is delivered late!) He then said I had to go online and e-sign the finance to complete the order, he said he would call back in 1 hour with the delivery date. The girl in the shop had told me 17th July already (that very morning). I completed the application and true to his work he called back an hour later and said everything was fine, he had emailed vendors for the mattress colour change and the delivery would be the 17th July. Armed with this date I went back to Dreams and arranged for the faulty mattress from them to be collected on the 17th July. Today is the 17th... Dreams arrived at 9am and two very professional men collected the mattress. Worried that I hadn't heard anything from Bensons I called the service team. After verifying my identity I was informed my mattress was due for delivery on the 19th. I asked him why had it changed and he told me it hadn't - -at this point I must admit that other than finance documents and a review request from Trustpilot (who may not add this as I have already reviewed?!?) I had heard nothing from Bensons since the order. No confirmation, no nothing... should I have done something earlier... yes... was it my fault I did not... no. - I should also point out that the young chap on the other end of the customer service team may not have like me very much by the end of the call... damn he has a thankless job! In my defence the young Service agent was poorly trained and continued to blame me for the misunderstanding and error and that it was ALWAYS the 19th... when I asked him why I would have voluntarily arranged NOT TO HAVE A BED FOR 2 NIGHTS he once again blamed me. The call ended with him promising to get the online team to call me... they did not. Suspiciously I then received a text from Bensons advising on my delivery for the afternoon of the 19th. If I was a 19yo bachelor with no responsibilities I would sleep on the sofa and get on with my life, but I have a wife and a 1 year old and this is completely unacceptable. Please will someone get back to me now!?"
"Staff great in the shop. I had 3 mattresses all very uncomfortable, I've suffered a trapped nerve due to a n uncomfortable mattresss. Last one a single cost over £800 and i ache every morning.Don't get a fullnnight sleep. Don't know what to do can't afford to buy any more, They also charge to take one away even though they're delivering another."
Saibal Ganguly
Unverified Reviewer
"The store at Wolverhampton was good. But the bed slats were delivered broken, headboard package was damaged. When I contacted customer care the lady on the phone was rude, didn't care about the damaged goods, blamed me for everything and just put the phone down . This is after I had ordered two beds, two mattresses, two wardrobes and side table. Where every customer is important, a customer who had ordered for a significant amount gets shouted at by customer care. Don't buy from bensons for beds as if you have a problem ( you will definitely have a problem) there is no help from customer care. Very very dissapointed and will never ever go near a bensons for beds shop."
"Everything is wrong apart from the staff at the store. Just horrible in one word."
"I purchased a bed from bensons for beds in 2017. Until now everything has been fine, but I have noticed that the mattress has started to sink on either side of the bed. When we purchased the bed/mattress we were told of instructions how to take care of the mattress, we followed the instructions and also bought protectors for the pillows and mattress to further protect the fabrics and make them last. My concern is now my partner is nearly 20 weeks pregnant and she is struggling to sleep as the mattress is very uncomfortable. I have had the mattress only since 2017, I would expect it not to deteriorate in such a short time. I have owned beds and mattresses in the past and they have been fine after many years of use. Considering this particular mattress and bed I purchased was fairly expensive I expect it to at least last more than a year"
"Dreadful customer service I have had problems since Sep 2017 regarding waldrobe and I still don't have a functioning waldrobe and still have no date for delivery of a new replacement waldrobe I would advice people to avoid benson beds at all costs Customer service is very poor with communication feedback sadly lacking in all areas"
"Two wardrobes took 3 times as long to be completed following incorrect parts and faulty goods delivered. 12days before any response from customer service and a pittance offered as compensation for all problems and delays. Then told would have to wait until the store contacted to tell me when to go in and collect compensation. Absolute joke customer service department. Wish had read reviews first and would have gone elsewhere."
"Went to the Derby Meteor Centre on Saturday lunchtime. The three members of staff were sat and ignored me at first. I then asked to see the Stompa bunk beds. The lady who attended was pleasant enough but did not know much about them and the one on display had an horrendous fault on the front which she wasn't aware of until I pointed it out. I suggested that it be removed as it would not entice people to purchase that particular brand. She did say I would get a 6 year guarantee. I asked whether they stocked Stompa mattresses and she advised that they didn't but had alternatives. I asked if the ladder could be fitted on the other side of the bunk beds and she said she didn't think so. I left saying I would deal with Stompa directly. The shop was empty on a Saturday afternoon, with a sale, and the day after pay day, and there was no way I was going to be spending around £1000 as I had no confidence in the company or the after care. I would never go back to Bensons."
Mr & Mrs Danbury
Verified Reviewer
"Absolutely horrendous would never use you again i am 75 and my wife is 71. I am also disabled and have been sleeping on the settee for ages. So was really looking forward to new BEDS. As just had a stairlift installed. And the Manager in the shop said they would take it upstairs. When the two delivery drivers came the youngest one dragging the mattress upstairs my wife had to stop him as he got it stuck under the stairlift. The older one then bought two massive boxes in on his own he then helped his mate by pushing the mattress upstairs. When he came down he asked us to sign for it, we asked them if they would unpack the boxes and take them upstairs.thats not our job they said and couldn’t get out quick enough. We then found out why they had broken the key to my lift in. The lock. I phoned the shop who said they should have taken it upstairs and to phone customer services who said the shop should not be telling customers this as it was the Drivers discretion we had ordered another one just the bed frame so tried to cancel it. And were told we couldn’t as it was on the van for delivery, and if they did cancel we would be charged 20% cancellation fee and they did not accept liability for my lift. Well I was disgusted any firm that can leave a71year old lady. In tears as she had to carry them upstairs and me back sleeping on the settee. And £85 plus parts out of pocket are ROTTEN people to deal with, wish I had gone to dreams. This is now the end of June we bought it beginning ofJune haven’t head a thing that says it all."
"I bought a bed for my terminally ill father so he could at least be comfortable in the time he has left, we paid a lot of money for an adjustable bed to suit his needs, we had been promised delivery within 6 weeks but the bed never arrived, everytime we called the the customer services and asked for an update or to speak to someone with some authority to help resolve the issue we were passed around, then promised callback after callback only for our phones to never even rang once. Later my brother spoke to a Customer Service person called Gillian, who asked for him to verify his identity, quoting GDPR rules to him, he said his name was on the delivery address, she asked him to satat is surname and first name, then said asked if is he the named person or was there another person in the family at that address with the same name (does she think we are inbread?)or maybe we're all supposed to be call Mohammed or something), I felt insulted by the blatent racist commentshe had made. IS this how companies should behave?, clearly you dont need joe public to buy your products. SHAME ON YOU! I will NEVER use your company again and I will tell everyone about this awful experience."
"Where do I start I paid £2,500 for a bed and tv which tv was smashed and they are blaming me and will not replace it. It’s taking them 2 weeks to tell me this, with me phoning everyday. Please do not buy anything from this company the customer service is the worse I w ever dealt with"
"Great customer service today from Laura in Cardiff Gate store. Helpful, knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. Thank you Laura is an asset to your team."
"Very very bad service. They do not even deserve 1 star!!!!!!!!! Delivered the wrong size bed first time round. We had to wait for two weeks for the right one. Finally received our bed this morning. Delivery guys were very unhappy and just looked at us like they were doing us a massive favour. They unloaded the bed from the vehicle and didn't want to carry anything to a room. My husband had to carry all the boxes himself with his bad back. Obviously this statement from Bensons for Beds is completely untrue - ** Bensons for Beds offer FREE DELIVERY on everything. And what’s better we’ll even take it to a room of your choice ** - All you will get is a free delivery maybe with the wrong items too but do expect to carry everything yourself - THANK YOU VERY MUCH BENSON'S FOR BEDS FOR RUINING OUR DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Do not EVER buy a bed and mattress from these rip off merchants. We were told it came with a 5 year guarantee but when our mattress developed troughs and lumps in it after a few months and despite sending photographs to show the state of it, we were told by Bensons that it was just “settlement”. When I pointed out it was unbearable to try to sleep on I was told I would have to pay for a mattress expert to come and inspect it. I was told that I had to use a mattress expert that they approved and if the expert agreed it was faulty they would consider the information. Unfortunately I was not able to enter 0 stars"
"I only wish I would have read the reviews first. Mattress has completely gone in the middle after just 4 months. An independent member of FIRA came to inspect and was told the mattress had settled into its normal position. I believe the inspection was paid for by Bensons as this is what the engineer told me. He also told me it was a full time job and that they had a fleet of people up and down the county doing exactly the same. How you can be “INDEPENDENT “ when the same people are paying you to inspect their own goods. Just think about that. I bought it on 0% finance and when complaining to the finance company “CREATION FINANCE” you don’t get any better. However I urge anyone to who has bought any item on finance to complain to the FCA and the FOS, as this is you right under consumer law."
"We bought a Tempur mattress and as we know now most Tempur mattresses have too much memory foam and are therefore uncomfortable if one sleeps more than just a short nap. In fact this mattresses cause severe back pain and pose a health risk. The reason is that memory foam is heat responsive and feels quiet comfortable initially. This leads to remain in the same position for a long time and one sinks deeper and deeper into the thick memory foam which gives no proper support any more and one sticks deep in a dip with the spine out of shape. We spent a huge amount to have a better sleep but after realising that we can not sleep on this mattress we were told that there is no way to go for another mattress even if we would choose another Tempur product with less memory foam. So we can only warn to buy this mattresses which feel good if one tries out for a short time but it is over priced anyway, extremely disappointing in sleep comfort and finally a health hazard and as soon as it is paid nobody cares to admit the serious faulty design. Keep away from Tempur. But much more: Keep away from Benson for Beds because Tempur offers to exchange any mattress but Benson for Beds principally not - even if they deal with such faulty designed products. Previously we had a simple mattress with only 5 cm memory foam which was wonderful because one does not sink in almost unlimited but we spent a fortune compared to the old mattress and now we know better. Unfortunately. Show less"
Sara Wilkinson
Unverified Reviewer
"We bought an I gel mattress, it is the most uncomfortable thing ever. We are both waking up aching from head to toe. Considering this cost £1500 we expected much more. We are now considering purchasing another mattress, but definitely not from Benson."
"Soggy beds! We paid over £1000 just for the mattress thinking it would be top quality. It soon developed deep " troughs" ( rotating the bed as recommended does not cure this). They claim a " no quibble" guarantee which is not worth the paper it is written on. No quibble does not mean no quibble!! See " Rip off Britain" June 14 2018."
Jason Borley
Verified Reviewer
"Absolutely shocking customer service. If you have an issue with your purchase, them God help you."
Bensons For Beds is rated 1.40 based on 249 reviews