Bensons For Beds Reviews

Bensons For Beds have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their prices and refunds. Full Insights

8% of reviewers recommend Bensons For Beds
1905 Review Views (past 24 hours)
1 New Reviews Written

Home & Garden

Courier, Own Driver
Over a month
Over a week

How would you rate Bensons For Beds ?

"Had no delivery date given.No answer to my email regarding delivery.call to customer services,were so long I requested call back,got fed up and sent email cancelling the order.what an awful service,compared with service I had had before."
"Waited in for 7-1 delivery,called twice to pinpoint delivery time. After no show phoned again to be told bed out of stock and discontinued. Customer service shocking. Offered a 2 week wait for same bed in different colour with £20 off, which brought to the same price it was 2 weeks ago when I bought it (the price had gone up £20). Was told to sleep on the floor. Was even laughed at because disposed of old bed on morning of confirmed delivery. Was told to 'sleep on ' their so called compensation of £20 off. Refused request to speak to manager."
"Unhappy with purchase - and their exchange policy is bogus. Do not buy from this company"
"My experience with Bensons for Beds is like everyone else's They are cheats in every sense of the word I am going to use Bullet points Shop Parkgate Rotherham, turned out to be a clearance store and no indication of this Salesman scammiing Michael New house new beds Salesman used a address that was not valid at sales agreement time Used Post Office credit card and paid a £500 deposit thinking that I had protection if things went wrong The finance company did not know me at this address They informed me that I did not have a account number only a sales number Salesman offered freebies that I neither needed or wanted because I was purchasing two beds My quotation document does not have any extra's on it The agreement that I naively signed had extra's on it but the salesman said they will show on your agreement for Head Office not to detect anything, but I would not be charged Moved into this property on 21.12.2018 beds were delivered the same day. During assembly the delivery man telephoned the salesman to say there was a problem, the answer was ring customer services. This bed was a igel bed that I had been talked into, ( whoever designed this wants shooting ) the mattress is so heavy I could not lift it to make the bed, hence I have been complaining since delivery. Being a nurse I still use flat sheets and prefer making my hospital bed Customer services told me that If I wanted the beds returning I would have to pay £200 for one bed and £400 for two beds on 4.1.2018 I managed to get the Igel bed returned with no cost to me Following this the second bed was assembled which should have had drawers in the bed base, no drawers and a mattress which had the tufts on instead of just plain stitching which I preferred, easier for steam cleaning The second bed was not what I ordered, so I had been dumped with what they could not get rid of I was going to pay the balance, but when I realised the second bed was not what I ordered and the freebies had been charged to the account totalling almost £400 the battle had started. Bensons big problem is they do not communicate at all I asked the Post Office to reclaim the £500 hoping it would kick start communication, it made no difference Since then the Post Office has paid Bensons the £500 back without my permission All of the three areas have breached their contracts with me on section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 For help I have contacted my MP Trading Standards Citizens advice Furnniture Ombudsman (Bensons are registered with them ) biggest waste of time, if one department needs doing away with it is the Ombudsmans service Which Legal Not one of these departments is helpful, nobody cares Which legal were helpful to a point but they should have given the outcome decision at the beginning, knowing full well that it would turn out to be the small claims court with further costs to me, another waste of time, the judges are better known for sleeping. Only one solution left which I am about to put into action I have also contacted Rip Off Britain although they get inundated What this country needs is more consumer help that actually do something I have done some research on Bensons they are linked to Roseby's and Harveys furniture store and they are going to sell their beds via these two companies, Bensons are in the process of closing down. For all of you people out there considering purchasing beds be WARNED do not get caught out. I hope my information is helpful, we could do with setting up a campaign to stop all rogue traders."
"Waited in for a bed frame to delivered 12 till 1800 had to put in days holiday never arrived took 40 minutes to get through on phone to be told not in stock and new about it day before delivery but never contacted me should have looked at reviews avoid this company"
"My Son purchased a new luxury bed which was delivered on the 6th April 2018, despite the bed being assembled correctly by a very experienced joiner (Me) the bed collapsed the first time it was laid on, we have been trying to get it fixed since, you sent somebody out to look at the bed after several weeks and they agreed there was a fault and sent some replacement parts which are still stored behind my settee because your customer services line is so busy we cant get through to remind you the bed still needs repairing The time this has taken to resolve is nothing short of disgusting, the level of complaints you appear to be receiving and the backlog you refer too I believe tells its own story of how you choose to treat your customers. The new £2,407.00 bed is unable to be used and your inability to respond more rapidly has left my son and his partner sleeping on the floor for weeks which I find totally unacceptable. I trust there will be a compensation/ discount offer made to recompense my Son and his fiance for your very poor service and the fact that your 40 day comfort guarantee has failed miserably"
"Purchased a mattress which was not cheap in the least. 3 months later its sunken down in one area. Customer service arranges for an 'engineer' visit whom says issue not covered under warrenty and accuses us of not rotating the mattress as per manufacturer requirements and sitting upon it too long apparently. I advised Bensons for Beds this was incorrect information as I was not present during the 'engineer' visit but they rejected this and will not repair or replace the product. I am now left to spend my own time and money to arrange a second engineer to take the matter further. Conclusion: I am unable to recommend this company or the use any of their stores in the UK at this time."
"Ordered 3 items from Benson totalling £750 (bed, bedside drawer and underbed storage drawers)! After waiting 8 weeks for delivery, 2 items are damaged! The 3rd item is also faulty with the pieces not correctly assembling. After being fobbed off 3 times on the phone to customer services, finally get through to someone who arranged replacement parts for the damaged goods. 6 weeks later and still without anywhere suitable to sleep, the replacement part is also damaged! Call bensons just to be laughed at and fobbed off again. At this current moment in time the issue has still not been resolved. Will have to issue legal proceedings soon and highly recommend everybody to stay well away from this company!!!"
"Was told I had 14 days after i'd paid for a mattress in case the sale price was cheaper and it was - then I'm told i have to pay a 20% fee which was news to me seeing as i ordered over the phone and no one told me - have now sent it off to furnitre ombudsman to sort out - don't waste your money - go somewhere else as I've wasted a load of time/money trying to get it sorted but bensons just fobbed me off with 'it's policy' - how can it be policy if the staff that i'm told are new aren't trained properly?"
"DELIVERED BROKEN BED.....£9.50 IN PHONE CALLS .... A WEEK TO GET A REPLACEMENT...... NO APPOLOGY AND NO COMPENSATION"
"Avoid at any cost - believe all the feedback. We bought a £1000 mattress and assured it would be suitable for the new bedframe as it is a dual mattress. Within days 5cm dip in middle. Referred to Fira who said although faulty may be within acceptable movement!!! Many calls to Customer Service who were not helpful, would not listen, would not refer my call to senior member of staff. Go elsewhere to purchase."
"Bedstead is damage, it's within 12 month guarantee period, however, Benson is blaming me, saying after reviewing the photo to them it is not a manufacturing defect. All I could do was to burst into tears."
"Browsing beds in store seriously considering a purchase when the previously very helpful young salesman asked me for my name, post code and house number so he could 'note on the system which beds I'd been looking at'. This is so that if you buy online, they can deny your right to a 14 day cooling off period under their T&Cs. I wasn't planning to buy online so well done young chap, you just lost a potential sale with your tactics. Before you've even bought, they're trying to stitch you up. What a way to treat customers. I'd read bad reviews and this confirmed my fears."
"Incorrect store information given regarding delivery - if you want am or pm delivery they charge. FREE delivery is only for all day Customer Service = no help, not interested and blamed the customer ??? oh and has anyone ever heard of a customer service advisor terminating the call, I think not. I am in email conversion still ... trying to get them to admit the error but still no joy."
"We will be informing everyone we know not to deal with Benson's For Beds. Delivery driver took it upon himself not to bother turning up to deliver our bed on confirmed date. When my husband contacted customer service hours after delivery time, I was surprised to be informed the driver had marked it as 'tried to deliver' (complete lie) We had already removed our old bed to make room for the long awaited new one so, my husband and I had to sleep on the couch for a few days until we could arrange a new delivery date. Customer service promised to make it right and to reimburse us expenses of another day taken off work after the bed had been delivered. My husband contacted customer service (if you can call them that) after the bed had been delivered and the company have not kept to their word what so ever! When my husband was trying to explain the issue to the representative he was interpreted and found not to be listened to. They were extremely rude and didn't want to help us at all, they literally couldn't care less about you. Not what you'd expect from a company you just spent nearly £3000 with. Note - Everything you buy from here is non refundable!"
"Initially the service received in store was great. I was quoted a 3 week delivery time and this is where all the issues began. The deliver turned up on time but the delivery men were very careless and rough with the new bed. They fitted the casters by kicking them into the bed base with their boots and rushed to get the bed into my house. One of the delivery men rushed back out to the truck as soon as the bed was in place and I was asked to sign for the bed. Luckily I checked over the bed and noticed that there was substantial damage to one of the corners which they were obviously hoping I would not notice. It would have not been possible for the delivery men not to have seen this as it was very striking and obviously as a result of their rough handling to get the delivery completed as quickly as possible. I pointed this out and they stated it was not their problem and that I should contact customer services. The delivery drivers then promptly left. I was then left to contact customer services on my own accord, who were not very understanding at all. There was no apology offered and I was told I would have to wait another 5 weeks for a replacement and that nothing could be done until after I had received the replacement. As my hands were tied I reluctantly agreed to wait the further 5 weeks for replacement. 5 weeks later the delivery men once again arrived to deliver the replacement, this time it got no further than the front door as they had sent the wrong half of the bed for the replacement. Again no apology from the driver (the same driver that had tried to cover the damage previously) and they assured me that a correct replacement would be ordered on my behalf. As the two halves of the bed base are completely different (one half has drawers the other does not) and this is very obvious in the photos I can only assume that this second failing is due to sheer incompetence on the part of Bensons for Beds. 3 weeks later I had to call customer services yet again to arrange a delivery date as I was told again that nothing could be done until I had had the bed delivered and I would have to wait a further 2 weeks for the replacement to be delivered taking the total time from ordering to delivery to 12 weeks. 2 weeks later the correct replacement base was delivered and once again the delivery was as rushed and careless as before. They assembled the divan base (a service which I was charged £15 for) roughly tearing staples out of the base and leaving them on the carpet and once again fitting the casters with a swift kick from their boots. There is still a small scuff on the bed base but after waiting so long and dealing with such terrible customer service I do not want to wait any longer or have to deal with Bensons for Bed customer services anymore. Throughout this horrible experience there has been no offer of any compensation, and no apology for the terrible service. I would implore anyone to avoid Bensons for Beds at all costs. They do not care about the customer and appear careless and incompetent in everything they do."
"Appalling. Don't buy a mattress from this retailer. They don't honour their 40day comfort guarantee. Customer service is terrible. We bought an Opulence mattress (firm) but it is sagging and has no support after just 8 weeks. FIRA say it's "not faulty" so Benson's have said it's not their problem despite quickly changing their firmness ratings to a max of 'medium' on this mattress. Deeply regret buying from this retailer, spent over £1,000. Disgusted!"
"Dreadful product, not fit for purpose. It was assembled incorrectly, but even after sending out a 'technician' to fix the problem, it didn't work. After-Sales customer service extremely unhelpful and rude and refused to take back/ refund the purchase. I will of course never use them again and strongly recommend people thinking of buying through them to consider very carefully as they're lovely when they they're selling you something but very ugly if there are any problems post-delivery."
"Would give 0 of 5 if I could. The store staff were great but the delivery was shocking. I asked for a specific date and they said that was fine for delivery. But then I didn't get the call/txt 24 before to confirm, not the txt to say if it was a 7-12 or 13-18 hr delivery window or the call a hour before that I asked for. Not getting the call I pop out to the corner shop, I miss them and the wait in all day for a delivery that I have missed only to be told when I ring customer service at 17:45 that they turned up while I was out at 07:50. Then told that by customer service that they did ring and that maybe my phone isn't working! Starting to think they didn't even turn up and are lying to me as my phone is fine (filling this in on my phone) and there is no sign of a 'sorry we missed you card'. If they can't redeliver to a time that suits me and may ask for a refund."
"Having been a customer , they deliver what they say it will"
Bensons For Beds is rated 1.37 based on 290 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!