Bensons For Beds Reviews

Courier, Own Driver
Over a month
Over a week
customer service
"Both items delivered were faulty! Email of complaint to customer services not even answered!"
Are you Bensons For Beds? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Bensons For Beds receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"GARBAGE BEDS AND DODGY 5 YEAR GUARANTEE FAULTY BEDS NO HELP OR SUPPORT DON'T BUY FROM BENSONS"
"Lies poor service no help rip off poor quality"
"I worked for BENSON for many years i left last year because i was not getting paid my zone allowance as i was told verbally I kept from April untill in September i got paid half. Still kept chasing with HR i was told i need to speak to the regional Manager but i was told he has done the form but the Divisional is stopping my payments bollocks. Because sometimes the face don't fit in than you don't win. I was going to take it further but i gave it and said to HR i bwleive3in karma one day the day divisional will need it to taxi home. I heard he was kicked out i was happy to hear that but low basic 10 500 they show you on pay slip they are paying mini mum living wage but they take it away fron your COMMISSION. And there are some people work extra hours for nothing"
"Everything went wrong!!! Delivery one day late and not advised. When full bedroom suite was delivered almost everything was damaged. Delivery was undertaken by one man, when a number of the items were clearly marked as "two man lift", which was nothing short of dangerous. Then had to wait almost three and a half months for delivery of replacement items!! Customer services don't talk to customer relations so we received numerous calls for partial replacement part deliveries when I explicitly stated that everything should be delivered at one time. Customer service overall is shambolic and I will never, whilst I have breath in my body, buy from this company again!!! I am also reporting Bensons for Beds to the Health & Safety Executive for breaching manual handling regulations and putting their staff at risk, in my opinion."
"15.11.2018 To continue my saga about Bensons, today I received a letter from them informing me that they were not accepting the goods that I had returned, listing the items individually, and stating that I needed to pick them up from the store. ( I think this company have gone out of their way to recruit dumbclucks ) because they have clearly accepted them and in perfect condition, they have made my day today, I now feel that the dynamics of this situation are changing in my favour, this has been such a idiotic abuse of me as a customer and abuse of regulations of sales that it could be a comedy, having said that the whole process has been a farce. Creation Finance are linked to Bensons they have not been very helpful but then again they all pee in the same pot, both these companies are in breach of section 75 of the Consumers Credit Act, now to the Post Office whose credit card I used as a deposit for Bensons, from the day of delivery from Bensons being 21.12.2017 things were wrong and I have been fighting every since for a solution. Bensons would not communicate with me up until recently so I requested that that the PO reclaim the refund, they did this and then without my permission they repaid the £500 back to Bensons and gave some kind of futile reason, this company have also breached section 75 of the Consumers Credit Act this credit card service is funded by the Bank of Ireland, I have also complained to them and no reply, simply ignorant. I complained to the PO on line, they sent my complaint to the customer services team who have ruled against me and supported the chargeback team and Bensons, they are idiots though because they gave me the last link to complete the chain of evidence that I now have. Funnily enough I have had 2 phone calls today within the last hour from the PO customer service team, they have informed me that they have escalated my case and have decided to reclaim the £500 and offered £250 compensation, I have accepted it because I am weary with it all. I would not recommend the PO credit card. So for anyone out there who may read this the moral is stick with it, use all of your resources and give any company the run around like they give you. The biggest issue in this country today is how poor all services are and how poor it is to make contact, nobody wants to talk anymore, because they cannot deal with anybody that has some functioning grey matter, I include departments like Citizens Advice/ Trading Standards and Ombudsman"
"We wanted two 200cm single beds and were assured that one ones ordered would be 200cm. We ordered two bed’s and again checked this would be for 200cm length. But the information we were given said they were 190cm we phoned again that evening and was conferred a second time by phone they would be 200cm. We contacted their customer services who told us they would ensure the order was marked as 200cm. A follow up e-mail produced a guarantee of refund if not 200cm. When they finally came they were 190cm. The currier us what they should have done was ordered the beds as a special size but both had just used a stock number in the order. The shop refused to repay the money owed until the beds in there their delivery van were returned to the warehouses. A refusal maintained by customer services and again by the shop midday on Monday finally after getting rather angry with the shop they did repay on Tuesday, which took until Thursday to get back into our account. This is an appalling firm staffed by people who appear to not know what they are selling, with a customer support who don’t know the processes fallowed in ordering beds. To rub it in refuse to promptly refund payment for goods not actually delivered There was no offer of compensation for all the stress caused by their poor service just more stress added by having to fight to get the refund."
"Very poor response from 'Bensons For Beds' Customer Services - long wait (30 minutes) to get through by phone. When I did get through I was promised a call back the next day by a manager, which didn't happen and hasn't yet happened. Subsequent email has had no response for a week. Their automatic email response says, "We will respond to your query as soon as possible, however, we are really sorry, due to current high volumes it may take us a little longer than normal to email or call you back". No indication of what is normal response time, and assume the 'current high volumes' are due to many dissatisfied customers."
"I am absolutely appalled with Benson Beds, despite being advised a 6 week lead time, I waited double this with NO explanation, only advised on the due date of delivery that goods were discontinued. When goods eventually arrived, low and behold the item was faulty!!!! DO NOT USE BENSON BEDS"
"The item that you delivered was second hand and the wrong product in the right box. To contact customer services by telephone took over 38mins, how can this be described as customer SERVICE. The gentlemen named Ramesh said he would sort this and we would get a text blah blah blah. 3 days on no text, nothings happened at all. Have tried to contact the store using the phone nos on the receipt which just rings out, so presumably customers can't buy anything over the phone either! Of the 4 emails I have sent on the same address 3 have been bounced back by mailer demon. Clearly you don't care about your customers. 4 days on and counting we await your response without hope. Very poor all round it feels like there is no pride in the company or its products and we have no trust in you."
"Am I right in saying that which recommends Bensons for beds as I was looking for a new mattress and would like to know the best mattress and Benson for bed came up the reason I'm looking for a new mattress is I purchased a new mattress from bensons in April 2018 and with in a few weeks it started to sink and the springs were grinding I'm only 11 stone I complained to benson and they sent a expert to look at it in the report he said for a mattress this old you expect sinking I said it was four weeks old and benson still would not replace it or I could pay for my own expert so if you are going to buy a mattress do not go to Benson for beds"
"2 delivery dates, both times never turned up! Cancel order and asked for refund"
"This company is a disgrace I spent £4500 on 3 beds in August All 3 had faults and or missing parts. They promised to manufacture a new replacement it has just arrived in the wrong colour and wrong model ( November) a complete disaster and still not resolved."
"I bought Harlow bed and other furniture and the quality and service is exceptional. It’s one of the best experience to buy such amazing stuff , which I couldn’t find anywhere else"
"Absolutely disgusting service from start to finish. Took over 2 months to receive a bed and mattress. Took an hour to get through to the customer services. The attitude of the staff are awful. Bought a wardrobe and within a week needed a replacement part and wasn’t fitted properly the second time. When we had a delivery of the bed the drivers just put someone’s sofa on it’s side with no regard to anyone."
"Twice now I have been given a delivery date for my bed and both times Benson's have cancelled it for some reason or another. (One reason being, that they'd had a power outage in the warehouse and couldn't find my bed). I have now been given a third delivery date, but have very little faith that this will go ahead. Customer services is a complete shambles. Nobody is really interested, and that's after it takes an absolute age to get through to them after being in a queue for ages. I'll never ever buy another bed from these clowns."
"Shocked..... given a delivery slot, took time off work, then had a call saying they can’t deliver in this slot, I called bensons for beds and when The call eventually went through, I spoke to Scott in customer services who just wanted to talk all over me and not listen to the issue! I requested a refund and he said I can’t I’ll just have to wait till it’s delivered, I have to go to work in the afternoon so I said I would like to make a complaint. Scott said you are dealing with customer services and I’m dealing with this!! Don’t buy from bensons, genuinely shocked by the lack of understanding, and rude customer services advisors don’t help!!"
"Watchdog needs a call. Same as all comments. Bunk bed came with broken pieces. Customer service, pmsl😂. Best joke all year, isn't one. I was even persuaded to take extra cover and it was supposed to cover anything from a scratch. Still waiting for new parts after 8 months and now have been told they don't sell the product anymore. Avoid at all costs, a joke of a firm."
"On Monday 15 October I ordered a bed, paid a deposit and set up a financial plan. We were served in the Poole store by Harry A delivery date of Tuesday 6 November was agreed and put in writing in the contract. We were informed we would receive an email and or text to give us an accurate time slot on Monday 5 November. My husband arranged to take Tuesday 6 November off work. At 5pm on Monday 5 November I contacted Benson for Beds in Poole and spoke to Harry to say we had not heard about a delivery slot for the following day. Harry said he would find out and call us back. After waiting and hearing nothing my husband phoned Benson of Beds and spoke to Harry to be told the bed was not being delivered due to a mix up. He said the bed would be delivered on Saturday 10 November. We explained this was not suitable as we had my husband’s elderly parents staying with us and this had been planned months ago and we had made plans to take them out for the day. When we informed Harry of this he said he remembered us discussing this when arranging the delivery date. We were told by Harry the only way we could change the delivery date from Saturday 10 November to another date was to call customer services ourselves. Harry refused to do this. I duly called customer services, waited in a queue for 9 minutes, the phone was picked up but no one was at the other end. I could hear the staff talking about going home, it was 5.50pm. I shouted down the phone but no one spoke to me on the phone, they were too busy talking to each other about their plans for the evening which I could clearly hear. I phoned Benson for Beds in Poole and asked to speak to Harry to be told there was nothing he could do and we needed to change the delivery date ourselves."
"Good customer service in the Shrewsbury store. Wardrobe and bedside tables delivered today unfortunately one bedside table damaged - visited store this afternoon and now waiting for the bedside table to be replaced."
Bensons For Beds is rated 1.35 based on 367 reviews