Alfa Travel Reviews

Travel
UK Holidays
Travel
UK Holidays

How would you rate Alfa Travel?

"We have just returned from 5 days holiday to Cromer from Leicester pick up was on time and change over at Tamworth went well the driver was Amanda new to the job as well as the area. We enjoyed the trips out except for Great Yarmouth and Wroxham. Hotel was perfect would certainly go again food good choices were also good."
"borded the coach at 8.25 got to lytham at 1.00 was dumped there for 2 hrs got to hotel at 4 blackpool an hour and hall away was told going to picturest villages changed fleetwood to freeport a shopping trip not what we expected same on wat back dumped at a garden cenre for 2 hrs bored to death then even worse botnay bay which was a dump and full of very tiny screaming kids it was auful got home at 6 left at 10.00 no prety villages going back to using the car its judt a rip of so youll soend money in their freinds shops"
"This holiday was the bested holiday me and my son had everyone made me and my disabled son very welcome"
"We usually are very pleased with Alfa travel and good trips and good excursions."
Mrs J. Buckley
Verified Reviewer
"My husband and I travelled with Alpha to Blackpool 26th Feb -2 March and then to St Ives 5-9th March, both times our driver was Simon. What a terrific driver and person he is..! On arrival on our first night we were late for dinner due to a serious road accident. We were given vouchers for a free drink which was very nice however I tried to get another drink but the bar next to the restaurant had closed, I was told to go to the bar in the entertainments room but that was closed, I wasn't impressed! We were meant to have four nights in Blackpool but due to adverse weather conditions (the beast from the East!!) many of the coaches were unable to return to the interchange in Reading so we had to stay an extra night. Luckily it wasn't too much of a problem for us personally. The hotel itself was fine although the dining room was very cold, many guests complained and eventually heaters were put in though only one meal time was actually warm. We cannot fault the food or service. Price wise Alfa give excellent value for money. We are going with them again in July to Wales."
"Coach was 2 hours late picking us up from our local pick up point with no apology! When we arrived at the interchange what a joke, absolute chaos, hanging around for 2 hours waiting to board the coach to our chosen destination with no communication from anybody as to what time we were leaving and we were not allowed to sit on the coach until the driver said so and it was a freezing cold morning (he was actually in the warm office at the interchange during this time)! We eventually departed the interchange and when we arrived at the hotel in Bournemouth we were very disappointed, the hotel was down a back street and looked really run down. The food menu at the hotel is is exactly the same as all leisureplex hotels which has not been changed since the year dot so if you are a regular traveller you get the same week in week out and it was poorly cooked, yuk. In fact the whole experience was very unpleasant, especially the interchange, so on our return home we cancelled all our future bookings that we had made with Alfa and we will never travel with them again. Good riddance!"
"Alfa travel are the best I have been to about 10 leuerplex hotels been to Scotland, south coast of England,noth West of England and London which is not an Alfa travel hotel,and loads more locations. I have been on a Robinson's coach travel and it wasn't good ! ! !"
"Holidays cancelled because coach was under booked although hotel had plenty of rooms were occupied due to the self drive bookings.Cannot book holidays with any confidence with this company although the brochure states Alfa Coach Holidays.Contacted company care team ,total waste of effort.Will not use this Company again."
"Porthcawl sea bank hotel was excellent. alfa travel very very good."
Carl Crossley
Unverified Reviewer
"We traveled down to Cromer for the New year from Prudhoe Northumberland, our driver was Mark, a very good and friendly driver, he was a hive of information, never stopped talking about the areas that we visited, next time we travel with Alfa hopefully Mark is the driver, well done Alfa!"
Rosalyn Jolly
Verified Reviewer
"We have just spent new year in Bournemouth & our driver, Christine, was very professional & organised, explaining everything in detail so that no one could get confused about the times & details of our itinary. She was also really entertaining with her quips & stories. The hotel staff at Devon Towers Hotel were extremely attentive & the room was warm & clean. Some meals were better than others & the entertainment was a little hit & miss, but luckily for New Year's Eve the performer was very good, playing & singing with skill."
"Brilliant Christmas holiday with Alfa travel they are the best. I've been with lods of different coach companies and this is best."
"Our worst Christmas ever. Highlight of our break was going to the Panto in Shanklin, which I might add was brilliant, but which we did under our own steam. The hotel was pleasant enough but all the public areas and restaurant were very cold. The food was very mediocre, although I suppose they justified this by serving 3 meals a day. Christmas lunch was such a let down with not a single brussel sprout or any green vegetable in sight. The seats in the public areas needed a thorough clean on a daily basis as the smell coming from them wasn’t pleasant!! The journey home was a nightmare, especially the changeover at Reading Services. No one took responsibility for advising passengers what was going on. People were just left waiting in and outside the service area. The one operative I did speak to was one up from down right rude. It took us 10 1/2 hours to do a maximum of a 4 hour journey home. I’m sure some people did enjoy their break but certainly not for us and we will never travel with Alpha again."
"Very very good holiday the leisureplex hotels are the best hotels that Alfa travel go to. 5 out of 5."
"Travelling to "The Treasures of Tuscany" well we see some lovely places ie Pisa,Lucca,Florence and Sienna the rest o the Holiday was a waste of money all except one Hotel of he five were good the others were 2* at best. The resort we stopped in Tuscany for 7days was basically shut we were a good 3/4 mile from village centre. We see Tuscany on Television but was not the Tuscany we experienced. The driver was terrible all issues were everyone else's fault. The new coach was basic we travelled on another coach to the Bath Christmas market last week was a complete luxury to our holiday coach to iItaly more of a feeder coach than one that was for a few thousand miles. £1400.00 not well spend never again with Alfa."
"Comfortable coach lovely driver called mark and a lovely hotel with helpful and friendly staff"
"M Y TRIP WITH ALFA TRAVEL On my summer holidays I take one of your coaches from Barcelona, North (plaza Catalonia) to Madrid (America avenue) it was a really good experience because the people in the coach were friendly and really funny. The best part is that there was a kind of tablet that you could use. The tablet offers a lot of cinema movies for free like the movie Inside out and Jonny English (My favourite comedy movie of all time) and the internet were really fast. Later the driver came and starts sharing head phones. The driving was really safety and fast and the price was very economical. It was a unique experience I recommend everybody to go ALFA because their services are the best."
"Went to Tenby on 23/10/17. Beautiful holiday spot. Lovely hotel, great staff work as a real team!! Trips out perfect, our driver was indisposed on day four but waiting to take us on our jaunt was a local coach with a very informative local driver. Still not back to work our driver Wayne ( hope you are OK now) Alfa had one their drivers come to take us home,very nice chap think I remember him as Stephen/Steve. Well done Alfa you didn't let us down on anything. A smashing holiday, cheers all !! Fran"
"Most things"
"We had a driver named Chris on our holiday to Grt Yarmouth in October 2017....never in my whole experience of coach travel have met such an awful driver, no interaction with the passengers whatsoever, just told when we arrived at different places what time to be back on coach, no information about places we visited, everyone on the coach felt the same. I have emailed Alpha nut no response as yet. His parting words to his passengers back at Burtonwood where...HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD HOLIDAY, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE BUT IT HASNT"
Alfa Travel is rated 2.94 based on 90 reviews