Alfa Travel Reviews

00AM
12AM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Alfa Travel deliver?

How can I contact Alfa Travel?

sales@alfatravel.co.uk

UK Holidays
Travel
UK Holidays

Tell us how Alfa Travel made you happy

"You are going to get problems with all coach companies. I have been with alfa for 20 years and have found them brilliant. You will get some problems that are out of their control and some people who want five star treatment but don't wish to pay to pay for it. I have only found one driver that was not up to their usual standard."
Are you Alfa Travel? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Again, another cancelled tour due to lack of numbers. Alfa cannot be relied upon. Our tour was booked in June 2018, departing May 2019. They offer 10% discount as compensation, but we have already had an email offering 10% discount off all Spring 2019 departures. They are a joke Company."
"Just back from Exmouth my 3rd hols with alfa lovely hotel good food and great people on the coach also been Sandown&Tenby. I couldn't find fault with any of my hols."
"This was my first holiday with Alfa travel I stayed at the Devon towers hotel in Bournemouth on the 11th of February 2019 we had no hot water on arrival we were told that the boiler would be fixed the next morning but it wasn’t there was no hot water in untill the day before it was time for our departure 4days without hot water is unacceptable we had to take cold showers I have never experienced this in any hotel I have stayed at before the hotel manager said he had informed Alfa I have never heard from Alfa"
"My first time with Alfa I stayed at Devon towers hotel Bournemouth on February 11 2019 there was no hot water on arrival we had no hot water untill the day before our departure for home four days without hot water is unacceptable I had to take cold showers everyday we were told that the boiler would be repaired every day it was the same excuse"
"I stayed at Devon towers hotel Devon with Alfa travel on the 11th of February on arrival there was no hot water we were told that the there would be hot water in the morning there was no hot water for three days we finally got hot water the day before we were leaving"
"Leisureplex, refuse to disclose where they obtained my personal details and have been sending me junk mail. They are possibly in beach of the Data Protection Act 2018 by adding my details to a marketing list and refusing to cooperate on removing it."
"Lesuerplex hotles are the best that alfa travel go to been to 8 holtels and they are all very good. alfa aŕe much better than robbisons coach travel they are NOT good !"
"Have taken 3 holidays with alfa. Yarmouth, exmouth and ilfracombe. All 3 were amazing. No complaints. Our driver trevor was a perfect host as he took us to all sorts of places and was very helpful and polite at all times. A great sense of humour just didnt share his sweets!"
"Just received a Alfa leaflet saying £20 off holidays going from northeast went to book it and when the girl checked it oh that price is for another area and it was £35 more yet reading the leaflet it looked as though it was all the areas mentioned proper con"
"We feel we MUST complain about our last holiday with Alfa, Christmas at PORTHCAWL. Going down to Portcawl went well, really looking forward as we spent the previous year there. Christmas Dinner was not the same standard and the portions became smaller. Whatever happened. Anyway we still enjoyed are stay. The room was very nice. The journey home was something else. We spent a good two and half hours at Strensham Services on the M5, One hour for Lunch, One and half waiting outside in the car park for the third party coach to arrive, By the time we got on the coach everyone was very cold. At 14 30 we set of for Burtonwoob services, arrived around 17 00. Needless to say all the feeder coaches had gone. Told By the lady in charge, to get a coffee and come back in 20 minutes as she had booked some taxis, which we did. Waited on a very cold night for the taxi to arrive, 2 & a half hours later our taxi arrived to take us home. We where told we had to go to Runcorn first to drop off a fellow passenger, and then all the way back to Lytham. We had a disagreement with the lady in charge, and she decided to send us home in our own taxi, the man from Runcorn went with people going to Preston. Arrived home at 21 00 hours. Not happy. Since we arrived home both my husband and I have been ill, still to this day 9th Jan not fully recovered. This is not the first time we been disappointed,but it will be the last. I feel that because your customers are mostly elderly, they are not treated with the care and attention they deserve. Therefore after using your company for meny years, we have decided to go elsewhere. Very disappointed. Got home Setting off for our homeward journey we had to stop at a service"
"Alfa travel holaday to great yarmouth is was very good break got to bouton wood had a bout half a houer becues there where 6 other choches not in but it was not to long. The drive to great yarmouth went ok got there at 4 ish and had time to unpack tours out where all good had 2 free days but we went on a bus and looked in shops on the way home we got to burton wood but we where olny there 10 mins then we where off home very good."
"Exellent service our coach driver dave was brilliant friendly helpful such a nice man went with a party of ten and he was well informed and told us all about Scotland. We went on one of your Turkey and Tinsel trips would recommend loved it thankyou"
"Our holiday coach to Cromer was excellent our driver Andre was fantastic he could not do enough for you .he made us feel welcome and asked if we were comfortable with heating as it was a cold day. the journey to Cromer was brilliant trips out excellent hotel de Paris excellent .Andre gave us info on what we were doing next day. Reminded us to look at the notice board for info coming home times. holiday was excellent .Just a pity the Feeder Coach was not as good a service. lead name Mrs S Beevers Mr David Beevers Mr David Golder"
"driver feeder coach 22nd October to 26th October from rugby to Tamworth services arrived 20 minutes late at rugby 8 passengers got on at rugby. return journey 26th October feeder coach same driver. driving was a bit erratic pulled up sharp at traffic lights also when approaching roundabouts had to hold on tight as we were sitting on the front seats. As rugby was our stop we were glad to get off the coach. I await your comments about this email. From Mrs S Beevers."
"Enjoyable holiday in a lovely hotel, excellent staff, nice food for a bargain type holiday. The entertainment was OK except the singers seem to have the same repertoire. Our room 302 was large, a good side sea view, comfy beds vg en suite, tv too small for room. Only problem & why 1* deduction, the bay window had a damp issue which made the room a tad musty. A really good holiday marred only by the driver Eric (yes again) . We were told that at the interchange it would be the same coach to Great Yarmouth, We got off the coach to get some stuff out of a heavy bag, I then waited to the rest of the passengers got off & then went up the steps to put our bag on the floor Seats on 2nd row front, I was then confronted by Eric who abruptly said " Your not getting on the bus" I replied I want to put my bag on the floor, again Eric "Your not getting on the bus", I said I just want to put it on the floor behind you, "No" said Eric. I actually thought he was joking & said I will put my bag on the steps, his reply " I will take it off" I was laughing still thinking it was a joke, he then said " I'm not joking", I then thought that he might not have been joking & looked at him & he again said " I'm not joking". I took my bag away seething at the abrupt & discourteous way he had spoken to me. I was still seething during the holiday as he was out driver. Eric was horrible & should learn how to speak to people."
"had a really nice weeks stay at the new beach hotel in gt Yarmouth 23/9/18 no problem at all nice staff ,room ,hotel ,food and resort all fine no complaints at all but the fly in the ointment was the Alfa coach driver named ERIC the rudest most unpleasant Alfa driver i have ever come across barking out orders to fare paying Alfa customers not to bring chips or ice-cream onto the coach ( as if they would they are not teenagers on a jolly boys outing they are holidaymakers and keeping this person in employment ) this person requires a customer care/ anger management training course.because he is certainly damaging Alfa,s good reputation......................?? Tom p"
"Royal Norfolk hotel Bognor Regis Just returned from hotel ground floor room with shower excellent thanks to special needs hotel good food good service good watery Orange juice at breakfast other breakfast good evening meal good ran out of soup one night trifle another entertainment room closed had to wait for tables to be cleared in dining room before entertainment could start"
"I have never never taken a coach holiday or even holidays alone. Following the loss of my husband of 47 years I was apprehensive but I shouldn't have worried. Alfa were brilliant. Driver Michael was superb. His knowledge of the Isle of Wight was never-ending as was his sense of fun and humour. I did not touch my case after boarding the feeder coach until it was outside my room in the hotel. Excursions were superb and the commentary from Michael was so interesting. I met other single travellers and the company was just what I needed. Everyone was so friendly. I look forward to my next holiday with Alfa and hope their other hotels and drivers are as good as Michael and the Shanklin Hotel."
"We recently returned from our first holiday with Alfa and on the whole it was a positive experience. The coach driver, Duncan, went above and beyond to give us all a good holiday. He took us on an additional trip on the day off to Alum Bay at no extra charge, to compensate for the lengthy delay in getting to the Isle of Wight. He also provided free bottles of water which all added to the positive holiday experience. The most serious issue that arose was in terms of the lack of understanding at the hotel about food allergies. My son has allergies to both egg and soya, which was communicated at the time of booking. However, this did not appear to have been communicated to the hotel and waiting staff, who were totally unprepared. On the first night we asked about whether the ice cream contained egg or soya and were told it didn't. So my son ate a bowl of chocolate ice cream and suffered a sleepless night of itching. The next day, we raised this with the waiting staff and of course they confirmed the chocolate ice cream did in fact contain soya, they had only checked the vanilla. The frustration voiced by many people on the coach holiday was the handling of the broken down coach travelling to Reading interchange on day one. Apparently the driver had broken the key to the lock which meant the coach couldn't travel onwards until the lock was fixed. Everyone at Reading interchange then had to wait for this particular coach to arrive before travelling onwards. Our coach ended up missing the ferry it was booked on and it was down to the mercy of the ferry company whether or not we could travel on the next available ferry. In the end, we arrived three hours later than scheduled and lost the first evening. Surely, in situations like this, coaches should not be kept waiting for one or two passengers to arrive, impacting the rest of the waiting coach load? Alternatively, taxis could have been organised to transport the people on the broken down coach to Reading interchange, saving hours of waiting around."
Alfa Travel is rated 3.04 based on 150 reviews