Alfa Travel Reviews

Travel
UK Holidays
Travel
UK Holidays

How would you rate Alfa Travel?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Porthcawl sea bank hotel was excellent. alfa travel very very good."
Carl Crossley
Unverified Reviewer
"We traveled down to Cromer for the New year from Prudhoe Northumberland, our driver was Mark, a very good and friendly driver, he was a hive of information, never stopped talking about the areas that we visited, next time we travel with Alfa hopefully Mark is the driver, well done Alfa!"
Rosalyn Jolly
Verified Reviewer
"We have just spent new year in Bournemouth & our driver, Christine, was very professional & organised, explaining everything in detail so that no one could get confused about the times & details of our itinary. She was also really entertaining with her quips & stories. The hotel staff at Devon Towers Hotel were extremely attentive & the room was warm & clean. Some meals were better than others & the entertainment was a little hit & miss, but luckily for New Year's Eve the performer was very good, playing & singing with skill."
"Brilliant Christmas holiday with Alfa travel they are the best. I've been with lods of different coach companies and this is best."
"Our worst Christmas ever. Highlight of our break was going to the Panto in Shanklin, which I might add was brilliant, but which we did under our own steam. The hotel was pleasant enough but all the public areas and restaurant were very cold. The food was very mediocre, although I suppose they justified this by serving 3 meals a day. Christmas lunch was such a let down with not a single brussel sprout or any green vegetable in sight. The seats in the public areas needed a thorough clean on a daily basis as the smell coming from them wasn’t pleasant!! The journey home was a nightmare, especially the changeover at Reading Services. No one took responsibility for advising passengers what was going on. People were just left waiting in and outside the service area. The one operative I did speak to was one up from down right rude. It took us 10 1/2 hours to do a maximum of a 4 hour journey home. I’m sure some people did enjoy their break but certainly not for us and we will never travel with Alpha again."
"Very very good holiday the leisureplex hotels are the best hotels that Alfa travel go to. 5 out of 5."
"Travelling to "The Treasures of Tuscany" well we see some lovely places ie Pisa,Lucca,Florence and Sienna the rest o the Holiday was a waste of money all except one Hotel of he five were good the others were 2* at best. The resort we stopped in Tuscany for 7days was basically shut we were a good 3/4 mile from village centre. We see Tuscany on Television but was not the Tuscany we experienced. The driver was terrible all issues were everyone else's fault. The new coach was basic we travelled on another coach to the Bath Christmas market last week was a complete luxury to our holiday coach to iItaly more of a feeder coach than one that was for a few thousand miles. £1400.00 not well spend never again with Alfa."
"Comfortable coach lovely driver called mark and a lovely hotel with helpful and friendly staff"
"M Y TRIP WITH ALFA TRAVEL On my summer holidays I take one of your coaches from Barcelona, North (plaza Catalonia) to Madrid (America avenue) it was a really good experience because the people in the coach were friendly and really funny. The best part is that there was a kind of tablet that you could use. The tablet offers a lot of cinema movies for free like the movie Inside out and Jonny English (My favourite comedy movie of all time) and the internet were really fast. Later the driver came and starts sharing head phones. The driving was really safety and fast and the price was very economical. It was a unique experience I recommend everybody to go ALFA because their services are the best."
"Went to Tenby on 23/10/17. Beautiful holiday spot. Lovely hotel, great staff work as a real team!! Trips out perfect, our driver was indisposed on day four but waiting to take us on our jaunt was a local coach with a very informative local driver. Still not back to work our driver Wayne ( hope you are OK now) Alfa had one their drivers come to take us home,very nice chap think I remember him as Stephen/Steve. Well done Alfa you didn't let us down on anything. A smashing holiday, cheers all !! Fran"
"Most things"
"We had a driver named Chris on our holiday to Grt Yarmouth in October 2017....never in my whole experience of coach travel have met such an awful driver, no interaction with the passengers whatsoever, just told when we arrived at different places what time to be back on coach, no information about places we visited, everyone on the coach felt the same. I have emailed Alpha nut no response as yet. His parting words to his passengers back at Burtonwood where...HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD HOLIDAY, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE BUT IT HASNT"
"For those of you looking for the outcome of my dealings with Alfa on their Facebook site...you will not find them there as they have been removed by Alfa. I did not realise that freedom of speech was not allowed in this country anymore and that censorship had returned. Clearly customer care does not matter to this company and I would suggest that anyone with any positive or negative comments put them on Tripadvisor where Alfa cannot remove responses. Having said that positive comments seem to appear on their site..funny that!!"
"I went on Alfa's trip recently to Lake Garda and Hotel Holiday and it was the worst holiday I have ever had in my life. All the other people on the coach were Northerners, I was the only person who was from down south and opted to board the coach at Dover, and that was what I was known as "that woman fromt Dover" or "that little cockney woman". I was completely alienated, you would have thought I was from outer space. (Tantamount to racism). There was only one driver, which I have never seen before on a coach holiday abroad. It was therefore time consuming having to fit the travelling in with her rest periods and therefore stopped overnight twice. There was no porterage at any of the hotels so the driver did it alone. She was spinning so many plates at once her head must have been spinning and this therefore made her very abrupt. I was treated so badly by the other people on my table (alienating me), they even had the tables separated so that I was sitting at a table by myself, that I wouldn't even go in to the restaurant any more. Firstly I was bringing in my own food and eating in my room, but then the receptionist arranged to have my dinner brought up to my room. It was just plain cruel, especially as I am a 74 year old woman who had travelled alone. The room stank of smoke and cooking (it was on the first floor, apparently, above the kitchen). I complained on the first day and they did offer to change my room but when I went to look at it there was an ashtray full of ciggy butts on the balcony, so there was no point jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. If I could have got a flight home I would have, but because of the Ryanair cancellations the only flight I could get was £550, plus it would have cost me £120 to get to the airport, plus, my car was parked at Dover, so I had to stick it out. I have been on some nice holidays in the past with Alfa but only in England. This holiday was so awful I would never go abroad with Alfa again. It was a complete waste of £1,000 or more."
"Spent the weekend at Devon Towers on the self drive basis ,this was our second stay there in twelve months ,I must say the only draw back I found was the parking ,there was was parking for four cars and was able too use that one for two nights found ourselves sharing with the manager ,which was not easy but on our last night the manager had parked in such a way that his was the only car in the bays .We were lucky that we were able to get on street pa4kin in front of the hotel!Otherwise the staff were great ,rooms clean and tidy and,comfortable ,and the food was good too .we will most probably use this hotel again in the future ."
"Totally disgusting customer service. I can guarantee that I will never use this company again."
Lesley Foster
Verified Reviewer
"Traveled with Alfa twice to Llandudno.Cannot fault the drivers or coaches,the hotel doneed a tidy over but it was clean and food passable and beautifully positioned on the sea front,and the staff are brilliant.The downside to the holiday is the traveling and change over point.Going is ok but coming back is a nightmare,having to wait for other coaches from all over Britain to arrive means you can be waiting a few hours at this point.Our last experience turned out to be there was no COACH to take us home .We were stuck there for hours till eventually taxis came to take us home.With a Mum of 86 I won’t be travelling withAlfa again ..."
"Travelled a few times now with Alfa, usually at Leisureplex hotels. Never had cause to complain about their coaches or hotels, on the contrary we found their coaches superior to those of their competitors. The luggage transfer by them was seamless and departure times were clearly given at the interchange. Leisureplex hotels we found were excellent and the food choices and quality were of the highest standard. We look forwards to travelling with them again in 2018."
"Everything went wrong - never never use this company I have written a letter of complaint not even replied - don't use them 11 hours to get home from Devon I could have walked it quicker"
"Just returned from Illfracombe. Imperial Hotel was shabby to say the least. Clumps of dust around the carpet in the lounge (leading to the restaurant), I thought at first they were dead mice until I poked them with my walking stick. Wall paper peeling of the walls in most areas. did not see a cleaner the whole 5 days. Most of the staff could not speak or understand English (not their fault I suppose) . They were rushed of their feet due to staff not turning up for their shift. Toilet stopped flushing on the last night so were given key to room opposite to use the toilet. Driver was brilliant and very funny. Took us twelve hours to get to resort due to Accident? and bomb scare outside Reading, which meant the feeder coaches were held up. Took us almost the same amount of time to get home on Wednesday. We were not told that there were so many feeder coaches which we had to wait for. Then there was the dropping of of people in so many places. Never again! Will go with company that we have used in the past, bit dearer but by far the best service!!!!"
Alfa Travel is rated 2.88 based on 82 reviews