Alfa Travel Reviews

UK Holidays
Travel
UK Holidays

Tell us how Alfa Travel made you happy

"We have just returned from The Metrepole Torquay.We had expected an Alpha coach but travelled in Stanley coach a new coach but with very little leg room and since returning I have had to have tests for suspected d.v.t.The hotel is very run down.We paid for an upgrade but found electric sockets hanging off the wall.The shower also not fixed to wall securely and very temperamental.We had entertainment on only two of four nights.The food was fine and staff very helpful and apologetic."
Are you Alfa Travel? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Highland & Islands I thought this tour would offer the chance to take in the stunning views and wildlife of Scotland take photo's marvel at the sights enjoy the scenery first hand. However all we did was see the sights from the coach window as we passed all the splendure no stopping for photo's no stopping to admire the wildlife all passed by as we sped past on the coach . The only time we did stop was to go round round some gift shops. This is not my idea of a tour and I am very disappointed and feel I wasted my money. I would love to say I enjoyed my trip but unfortunately I did not all the photo opportunities were missed.So if you would like to see Scotland in a flash then this is the tour for you."
"I wrote my review 5 days ago the hotel was the fairhavennot the fair view"
"Just returned from third holiday with Alfa this year. The first was to Brighton staying at the Royal Albion hotel. I was dismayed to find the hotel was a Britannia group hotel which was not mentioned in the brochure. Having stayed in one of theirs in Folkestone I swore never to do so again. The Albion was even worse. Our room had filthy curtains that were hanging off the rails. Window would only open about an inch and this had to be propped open by a cushion. The food was appalling, it was a buffet dinner and breakfast. Both meals cold and the dinners uneatable. I notice you have replaced the Royal Albion with the Ship for next year. I read the reviews on TripAdvisor and it doesn't sound a lot better. Time will tell. On the plus side driver, Gordon, was lovely and trips were super. The usual chaos at Burtonwood,of course. Next was Isle of Man, staying at the Hydro. A bit jaded but clean. Our room was tiny but freshly decorated.Food plentiful and really helpful and friendly staff. Trips very good and we saw all of the island. Driver Martin was first class , very friendly and knowledgable. Lastly, Belfast. Really great Ramada Encore hotel. Spotless and modern and near centre. Trips were good , 2 with on-board guides. Tony, our driver was very nice. All three drivers were excellent drivers and we felt safe with the three of them. I feel if Alfa perhaps charged a bit more and had reliably clean hotels and sorted out their change-over depots there would be less comlaints. Just a thought!!!"
"I would like to confirm everything that I have just read about the Adamant Hotel on the Ayrshire Holiday. No one came out to greet us and we had to carry our own cases to our rooms. I will never go to another Britannia Hotel again, they are letting Alpha down. I would just like to say that the contract coach and Ian are Driver were great."
"Well organised if not a little regimented , the leisure-Plex the Shanklin hotel, it very dated, the food a little like canteen food, staff in the restaurant, hardly spoke English, and totally untrained. These tours are not the great value you expect, because the hotels used are bottom end of the market who rely on coach trade to survive, you would not choose one of these hotels in isolation."
"My husband and I have just got back from Weymouth, after staying at the fair view hotel which was clean the staff at the hotel where very accommodating, and all our needs where met. our waitress was Alexandro who looked after us very well. Our driver Frank was very knowledgeable about the places of interest through out our journey, he was also very funny with his jokes. Frank made our holiday enjoyable and could not do enough for us very nice person and a pleasure to have as your driver, he was a third party driver with Garraway coaches although are trip was a alfa travel trip, and the coach was very superior with comfortable seats. well done Frank you made our trip to Weymouth"
"just returned from a trip to "Derbyshire Dales" staying at the Jury's Inn Sheffield. beautiful hotel exceptionally clean well decorated with good sized rooms. The two stars reflect a number of things, Poor facilities at Bowburn interchange (nothing new). In my opinion dreadful food at the hotel. Ate out after the first night. Some staff were very nice some rude and unpleasant, This hotel is clearly not geared up for the coaching trade. Alfa try to cram too much into each day visiting two places when one has enough to pass the time available. On the last day we spent more time on the coach than at the places visited. Their own Leisureplex hotels seem to cater better to the coaching trade but are not up to the same decorative standard as the Jury's Inn."
"Just back from metropole torquay,first impression it is a dump.skips in car park ,not empty. Rooms need lots of work doing to them,.do not pay for sea view as the sea is about half a mile away. Needs to be shut tobe refurbished, complaints not resolved,only excuses from management, never go there again."
"Just back from holiday in Newquay staying at the Eliot hotel . Everyone on our tour completely satisfied with everything , hotel was spotlessly clean and fresh, food choices were very good and tasty, staff were very attentive and friendly, always smiling. Entertainment 2 nights was ok !! Our only criticism was the visit to the lost gardens of heligan, as l am sure you are aware most people on these tours are of senior years and may have mobility problems , these gardens proved to be challenging for the most active of the group , lots of rough and steep pathways unsuitable for lots of our group. Overall we had a great holiday and would certainly travel with alpha again ,great value for money."
"Have just returned from Alfa Hotel in Newquay. Had a very nice holiday. Have been with Alfa many times and once again enjoyed the experience. Hotel clean. Food good, staff good, driver (John) very good driver. Entertainment most nights. Enjoyed it all. Gary K was very good. Good value for money."
"We have just returned from Torquay we stayed at the Regina very tied needs a bit of TLC but clean the staff are very nice great value for money would definitely go again"
"I've just been to the Metropole Hotel in Torquay. Very disappointed as the hotel only opened a week ago and was certainly not ready for paying guests. First impressions were bad as rubbish all dumped in the car park. Everyone was complaining and the issues I had were not resolved. Feel sorry for anyone going there as its a dump and is not ready for paying guests.. Couldn't touch the hand rails on stairs as they were filthy. plumbing problems with water, awful smells and musty, food not great and often cold. The bar wasn't stocked and ran out of drinks to which we were told they are using up old stock before using Alfa suppliers! the ballroom and patio area/gardens were shut. Lounges being used to store mattresses and bedding etc. had to go out at nights to relax in neighboring hotels or stay in my room!! I have been with Alfa twice before and never had a problem. I feel we were used as guinea pigs to trial out this hotel and to point out the problems for Alfa, but we didn't get a discount to reflect this. .? The driver Carl was great and the trips were the only part of the holiday i enjoyed. Wont be recommending Alfa to my friends and relatives; wouldn't want them disappointed like me. I am also taking this up with Head Office."
"I emailed you about the quality of your tours last year but with no reply. I am not requesting a refund or compensation I have traveled with 2 other coach companies and unfortunately they have the same problem When we have previously been to Dunoon by coach the driver knew the area and made the trip more than a holiday The last few times we would get more information about the area from a bus ride This is not the drivers fault They are put on tours with no local knowledge, usually they have local knowledge somewhere else, why don't you utilize these drivers better Making the holiday better for your customers I appealed to yourselves about this to be better than the others To say to the passengers as last year when visiting loch goilhead, which by the way is beautiful, "well there's not much here so we will get going" the previous driver told us the history especially that of the famous dance floor We all enjoyed the time there The one's that didn't missed out on a very interesting part of the tour The hotel staff at the hotel Selbourne are the only reason for returning they are all exceptional shiny Jewels in Alphas crown No doubt you will dismiss this too as unimportant Well that's sad because you were really great once both my mum and grandad told me so"
"Matropole Hotel Torquay In need of total renovation Unsuitable for paying guests, this Hotel is not acceptable"
"senior couple have just come back from great Yarmouth, driver brilliant could not do enough, staff at hotel could not do enough for you fantastic, food very good as I am a fussy eater we did not go out once and enjoyed it. I would have given it 5 stars rating but hotel although clean and room was satisfactory refurbishment of the hotel was not up to anything .Our room faced side road and 2 night very rowdy would not be bothered but had to have window open weather very warm and humid. Overall both enjoyed it and waiting for new brochure to come out"
"Our Alfa holiday to Oxford, Stratford, and the Cotswolds this week has been excellent. Our driver, Charlie, even took us to RAF COSFORD on the outward journey, and the National Memorial Arboretum on the return. He made our holiday relaxed and comfortable. He also provided interesting snippets of information as we travelled. The hotel in Kidderminster is comfortable, spotlessly clean, and has very nice staff. It's only downside is location really, as it is a long journey to each of the itinerary destinations. We have travelled with Alfa before, and will do so again. Carter 02.08.19"
"I,m still trying to figure out which coach company I,'ve been on holiday with. It wasn't an Alfa coach, it wasn't an Alfa driver and it wasn,t an Alfa hotel---everything was sub-contracted by Alfa. The organisation at Bowburn services on the return trip was Alfa and it was abysmal. We ended up getting a taxi home from Bowburn, because the rep didn't have a clue what time the connecting bus from Weymouth would arrive (certainly not within the next 2 hours) and that was after already spending one and a half hours in Northallerton killing time instead of sitting at Bowburn. The taxi fare £70 ,was the best £70 spent on the holiday,as it meant that we were home in Northumberland drinking tea, while the rest of the passengers were stuck in Bowburn until God knows what time. The hotel (Gainsborough House ) and the staff and food was good, although it was a shame it didn't have a lift. The excursions at best were poor although we did enjoy Oxford. Paul the driver was accomadating."
"Fantastic holiday with superb driver and service. Tony our driver to Balmoral and Glamis was superb. His information was excellent and he went out of his way to make the holiday very enjoyable"
"We have just returned from a holiday at the Devon Towers Hotel in Bournemouth. The hotel and staff were lovely. Unfortunately the location was not. It is on a street that is filthy and noisy with a lot of rented flats. I feel that Alfa should sell this hotel to be made into flats and relocate to a nicer part of Bournemouth. On a more pleasant note the driver Carl was fantastic."
Alfa Travel is rated 3.09 based on 199 reviews