Alfa Travel Reviews

UK Holidays
Travel
UK Holidays

Tell us how Alfa Travel made you happy

"Exellent service our coach driver dave was brilliant friendly helpful such a nice man went with a party of ten and he was well informed and told us all about Scotland. We went on one of your Turkey and Tinsel trips would recommend loved it thankyou"
Are you Alfa Travel? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Alfa Travel receives. Reply Free
"Our holiday coach to Cromer was excellent our driver Andre was fantastic he could not do enough for you .he made us feel welcome and asked if we were comfortable with heating as it was a cold day. the journey to Cromer was brilliant trips out excellent hotel de Paris excellent .Andre gave us info on what we were doing next day. Reminded us to look at the notice board for info coming home times. holiday was excellent .Just a pity the Feeder Coach was not as good a service. lead name Mrs S Beevers Mr David Beevers Mr David Golder"
"driver feeder coach 22nd October to 26th October from rugby to Tamworth services arrived 20 minutes late at rugby 8 passengers got on at rugby. return journey 26th October feeder coach same driver. driving was a bit erratic pulled up sharp at traffic lights also when approaching roundabouts had to hold on tight as we were sitting on the front seats. As rugby was our stop we were glad to get off the coach. I await your comments about this email. From Mrs S Beevers."
"Enjoyable holiday in a lovely hotel, excellent staff, nice food for a bargain type holiday. The entertainment was OK except the singers seem to have the same repertoire. Our room 302 was large, a good side sea view, comfy beds vg en suite, tv too small for room. Only problem & why 1* deduction, the bay window had a damp issue which made the room a tad musty. A really good holiday marred only by the driver Eric (yes again) . We were told that at the interchange it would be the same coach to Great Yarmouth, We got off the coach to get some stuff out of a heavy bag, I then waited to the rest of the passengers got off & then went up the steps to put our bag on the floor Seats on 2nd row front, I was then confronted by Eric who abruptly said " Your not getting on the bus" I replied I want to put my bag on the floor, again Eric "Your not getting on the bus", I said I just want to put it on the floor behind you, "No" said Eric. I actually thought he was joking & said I will put my bag on the steps, his reply " I will take it off" I was laughing still thinking it was a joke, he then said " I'm not joking", I then thought that he might not have been joking & looked at him & he again said " I'm not joking". I took my bag away seething at the abrupt & discourteous way he had spoken to me. I was still seething during the holiday as he was out driver. Eric was horrible & should learn how to speak to people."
"had a really nice weeks stay at the new beach hotel in gt Yarmouth 23/9/18 no problem at all nice staff ,room ,hotel ,food and resort all fine no complaints at all but the fly in the ointment was the Alfa coach driver named ERIC the rudest most unpleasant Alfa driver i have ever come across barking out orders to fare paying Alfa customers not to bring chips or ice-cream onto the coach ( as if they would they are not teenagers on a jolly boys outing they are holidaymakers and keeping this person in employment ) this person requires a customer care/ anger management training course.because he is certainly damaging Alfa,s good reputation......................?? Tom p"
"Royal Norfolk hotel Bognor Regis Just returned from hotel ground floor room with shower excellent thanks to special needs hotel good food good service good watery Orange juice at breakfast other breakfast good evening meal good ran out of soup one night trifle another entertainment room closed had to wait for tables to be cleared in dining room before entertainment could start"
"I have never never taken a coach holiday or even holidays alone. Following the loss of my husband of 47 years I was apprehensive but I shouldn't have worried. Alfa were brilliant. Driver Michael was superb. His knowledge of the Isle of Wight was never-ending as was his sense of fun and humour. I did not touch my case after boarding the feeder coach until it was outside my room in the hotel. Excursions were superb and the commentary from Michael was so interesting. I met other single travellers and the company was just what I needed. Everyone was so friendly. I look forward to my next holiday with Alfa and hope their other hotels and drivers are as good as Michael and the Shanklin Hotel."
"We recently returned from our first holiday with Alfa and on the whole it was a positive experience. The coach driver, Duncan, went above and beyond to give us all a good holiday. He took us on an additional trip on the day off to Alum Bay at no extra charge, to compensate for the lengthy delay in getting to the Isle of Wight. He also provided free bottles of water which all added to the positive holiday experience. The most serious issue that arose was in terms of the lack of understanding at the hotel about food allergies. My son has allergies to both egg and soya, which was communicated at the time of booking. However, this did not appear to have been communicated to the hotel and waiting staff, who were totally unprepared. On the first night we asked about whether the ice cream contained egg or soya and were told it didn't. So my son ate a bowl of chocolate ice cream and suffered a sleepless night of itching. The next day, we raised this with the waiting staff and of course they confirmed the chocolate ice cream did in fact contain soya, they had only checked the vanilla. The frustration voiced by many people on the coach holiday was the handling of the broken down coach travelling to Reading interchange on day one. Apparently the driver had broken the key to the lock which meant the coach couldn't travel onwards until the lock was fixed. Everyone at Reading interchange then had to wait for this particular coach to arrive before travelling onwards. Our coach ended up missing the ferry it was booked on and it was down to the mercy of the ferry company whether or not we could travel on the next available ferry. In the end, we arrived three hours later than scheduled and lost the first evening. Surely, in situations like this, coaches should not be kept waiting for one or two passengers to arrive, impacting the rest of the waiting coach load? Alternatively, taxis could have been organised to transport the people on the broken down coach to Reading interchange, saving hours of waiting around."
"Coach driver Dan was great not too much information but enough. The Eliot Hotel Newquay was fine, not fantastic meals but adequate. Entertainment was fine for the older generation but needs updating to attract younger people and why do we have to suffer bingo every night!"
"Holiday in Bognor one month ago. Hotel, food and resort very good. I have to agree though with 'anonymous' who wrote about the driver Mike. He told inappropriately rude jokes - I like a good joke, his were not, but you have to pick your audience, and because no-one laughed he blamed us for being northerners; implying were were too thick to understand. (He was a southerner). His driving was atrocious, driving on his brakes, jerky and slow! We have been on many Alfa holidays and always previously had very good drivers, unfortunately Mike wasn't one."
"Coming home today was a logical nightmare...left hotel in North Wales..at 9.30...arrived for coffee at 10.50..told to be back on coach for 12 noon...then another hrs drive....we will have a stop in Chester, for another 90 mins..arrived at 14.50 to be told we would be going no where until 16.30?. Seriously wished I had got the train from Warrington plus taxi.. Asked if I could get to Preston on feeder coach instead of going to Blackpool where I had got on...told no that was not going to happen..by Coach. Company working for Alfa..Grayways.. Got on Blackpool feeder coach..to skirt around Preston...10 mins from where I needed to be walking...to train Station.. Finally got back home at 21.30...never again...will I endure this type of journey or holiday...took 11 hrs 30 mins from Hotel to my home...!! A lot of the tours were drive drive drive,,then one hr gallop in a village\ town to get a snack...or 75 mins if you were lucky...I think the itenery should have a lot more information included then decisions on taking these holidays might be judged on this nightmare of a so called 5 day break!!that took 8 plus hrs to get to...and longer getting back...phew.."
"holiday in queens hotel very good but let down by travelling time caused by feeder coaches. Estimated times and route of feeder not available so can't even book taxis. Would use hotel again but never use the coaches. Poorly organised with far too much waiting i.e. 2 hours at Tamworth."
"Went on our first ever coach trip with Alfa travel to Kent 13th to 17th August 2018. Wonderful value for money. Our driver was lovely and the King Charles Hotel in Gillingham superb - clean with delicious home-cooked meals. We got a designated gf room with a spacious wet-room! This was more than we expected. Staff at hotel were wonderful - so helpful and cheerful. Nothing too much trouble - even came to our room and showed us dinosaurs how to connect to wifi! Five star cusomer service from Leigh, reception staff and the Russian lady on the bar. Could not fault holiday. Trips well-organised with an extra trip organised to Royal Tunbridge Wells on our last day. Still buzzing .."
"Leureplex hotels are the best . I have been to 13 of there hotels they are allways very good allways frendy staff. I will be going to thier blackpool hotel i have been 3 times this will be the 4 time."
"We have been travelling with Alfa for many years, however their standards have dropped to a very low level, the Leisureplex Hotels are far from good, the food is of poor quality & the amounts are very reduced in size, you are rushed at meal times as they have to do another sitting, or if you are on the last sitting they want you out quickly. The waiting on staff have attitude issues as many of the reception staff do as well. I was given a room with a view from my bedroom window of a cream painted high wall, I could not see the sky or the earth, that apparently is good enough even though I had to pay extra for a single room. I was advised an Alfa director checked the rooms annually & he was very happy with it!! To find out what the weather was like I had to walk down very narrow corridors just big enough for 1 person then get into a lift & go downstairs to reception to see what the weather was doing, then had to make the return journey to get suitably clad. I have complained for the last 2 months to Karen Sawbridge the Managing Director she does not want to know is not interested about her paying customers. Get yourselves a different coach company if you want a good holiday in a decent hotel. My 4 friends & I will not be booking with Alfa again."
"Just done a review for the hotel. this is a bout the coach daver he was called mike. We went to bognar . he was the worst we have had he was not good at draving he kept going very slow !! And he told rude jokes they where not funny !!! 😠 he kept saying you dont get them becues you are drom north!!"
"Just come back from bogner regis hotel very good it was the 12 th leserplex hotel we have been to. Food was the best we have ever had. Very quick severvies i think its the best leserplex hotel. We will be back ."
"We travelled to the Hotel Rex during July 2018 on an Alfa Travel coach holiday from their 'Elite' section. Their brochure promised' Relaxed Classical Dining' with extensive table d' Hote menus selection. On arrival we were told dinner is served at 6.15 pm. Hardly relaxed as we expected to dine at a time to suit us. The restaurant was laid out in canteen style rows which looked uninviting. As for the extensive menu selection three starters, three mains and two sweets of cheese and biscuits. One evening it was factory battered haddock, chips and salad. Hardly extensive, classical dining. We also had apple pie but no cream, custard nor ice cream was on offer. The trios out were good and the coach was of good quality although a number of passengers said they expected a luxury coach, which it wasn't. Alfa ought to provide what they say in their brochure and not fobb of customers with second rate hotels when they are supposed to be Elite. We won't be travelling with Alfa Travel again. Nor will we recommend them."
"I have just got back from a week in blackpool and it was all brill.The coaches were clean and comfortable and the Queens Hotel in Blackpool was lovely,staff friendly and helpful what more could you want .Well done Alfa can't wait till next time"
"Great Yarmouth July 29th Holiday 261 Would have liked some air conditioning on the coach and in the hotel, as it was over 30 every day. Due to the heat we had to open the bedroom windows and found it very noisy, due to the Clubs and pups turning out in the early in the mornings. Because of this and the street cleaners shortly after up and down about 5 we did not get one good nights sleep. On the Friday the trip to Southwold in the morning was very good, but when we got back on the coach the driver Kevin told us his coach could not go to aldeburgh as the streets are to narrow. So we went to Beccles and stayed about 90 minuets. What a waste of time. Coming home on Sunday 5th Aug to Burtonwood was unbearable due to no cooling system. Had a break in the morning. Later we had 30 break for the our lunch no time to cool of. Expected to have longer as the services were very busy. Wish it had been a Alfa coach. Since coming home I have been really ill due to the bad experience. Had to cancel 2. Hospital appointments. NOT HAPPY Sorry we have had to put this in writing as we have been coming with you for years. Don’t want this experience to happen again. ON THIS COACH 6 HOURS NOT GOOD"
Alfa Travel is rated 3.04 based on 138 reviews