Alex Shanks Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Alex Shanks
Gary Edmondson
Unverified Reviewer
"Think carefully before ordering. Placed an order online on 22/12/14 for carpet cleaner and money collected from credit card that day. The item did not arrive despite 'My account' showing dispatch date 22/12/14. Emailed them, no reply, called them 6 Jan promised call back form Alex Shanks, no call back. I called again to be told the item was not ever dispatched and is not in stock. They rely on a 'supplier' and 'they do not have the item'. I would hear before end the week. No Call. Called and promised Alex senior would call 8/1. No call received. Emailed Saturday 10, no reply, called Monday 12 and again demanded refund. Refund still not yet made. Now reported to Credit Card Company as disputed item. The item is still for sale on the site! I should had read reviews in more detailing. Appalling communication, misleading info and withholding money in breach of all consumer legislation. Stay well clear or collect from shop and only pay when the goods are in your hands. Shocking. Now reported to Trading Standards too."
We are really sorry about this experience Alex Shanks will be in touch with you to resolve this.
David Rees
Verified Buyer
"I placed an order online on the 28th of December. The item did not arrive and I did not hear from the company, chased via email on January the 8th, no reply. It is now the 12th of January and I have placed three phone calls only to be told that the person dealing with the matter is busy and cannot come to the phone right now and will get back to me. The only explanation I have received this far is that I "placed and other while the office was closed" which is insufficient. I also asked about the email and was told "the person dealing with that is away unexpectedly." Shockingly poor customer service, no interest shown in my order, no remedial action offered. If no action is taken by the close of play on the 12th I will be cancelling the order on the 13th! Not at all happy. Will not be recommending Alex Shanks Ltd to anyone else."
We are very sorry about this, a manager will be in touch with you to resolve this matter.
Jane Glass
Verified Buyer
"Ordered a product on 19 December , your website told me it was dispatched on 22nd December, product still has not arrived, at least 4 phone calls later still nobody returning my calls - not good enough, won't recommend to anyone"
Hi Jane, We are really sorry about this. A manager will look into this and call you back this morning.
"Made an Order on Alex Shanks which Never been Received and with no Response... Waisted time money and stress"
We are really sorry about this, there was an issue with your payment Alex Shanks himself will be in touch with you to discuss this matter and resolve it to your satisfaction.
"Customer service is appalling. Took ages plus lots of calls and was promised a call back on 5 occasions to no avail. Finally ask to speak to Alex Shanks (I got Junior) before something was done. Bissell carpet machine arrived but unfortunately aftern 1 day of use it started the engine started popping. Got in touch with Bissell, very helpful, and arranged for Alex Shanks to replace the machine. It has been picked up over a week now and heard nothing by phone or email. Phoned Alex Shanks, they said they would phone me back. I heard nothing so phone Bissell to see if they could help. They got no response, except to say that Alex Shanks would phone me. I have received no phone call from them. I will wait 1 more day and will phone Bissell again more in hope than expectation."
We are very sorry that you have had such a negative experience. Alex Shanks has said he will be in touch shortly to resolve this matter for you.
"I purchased a Hoover from the website but received a phone call a couple of days later informing me that the website price was incorrect & that I needed to pay an additional £100 if I still wanted the Hoover!! I explained that that was quite a big mistake made on the company's part & that I would need to reconsider the purchase if the price could not be honoured. I have not heard back from the company since, which is now over two weeks ago. Therefore my experience of this company has been poor."
Hi Aimee,

We are very sorry about this, someone will be in contact with you regarding this matter and hopefully it can be resolved to your satisfaction.
Alex Shanks is rated 1.77 based on 26 reviews