Alex Shanks Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Alex Shanks
"Its been 2 months and im stil waiting for my jacket I will certainly never use your company again and will be letting everybody know how shoddy of a company you are."
"Product was a very good price, and performs well. But had to wait 8 days for the delivery , had some issues with Alex Shanks regarding keeping me informed when goods would arrive , but was resolved in the end."
"Nearly everything that was ordered was not available and replacements were eventually sent after we queried the whereabouts of the order twice, and still some of the order has not been sent out, the sight says order dispatched and has done since day one. Will not use again."
"The items I bought were cheaper than I could find anywhere else, however! Customer service was poor and the goods took 3 or so weeks to arrive. Not one email I sent was replied to and when promised a call back they didn't materialise either. I began to think I'd been scammed due to the lack of response."
"The box was damaged and 2 parts were missing I sent several e-mails and received no response I then telephoned and asked for the missing parts but was asked to leave my number and I would be called back, this never happened."
"I give Alex Shanks one star as I eventually received my ordered goods. - About 5 weeks after ordering! So much for the 48 hr dispatch! I had to send one email and make two phone calls to find out when my goods were likely to arrive. If I had not made the calls I probably would be still waiting for them as I had not received any update from Alex Shanks! I run a cleaning company and I needed the goods for an upcoming job. I ended up ordering them from elsewhere as I couldn't rely upon Alex Shanks to deliver them on time. So now I have them twice. It's sad to see bad service. It is just as easy to run a quality reliable service as it is to run the rubbish setup that Alex Shanks seems to run. Also, I feel sad for his staff who have to field complaints and make excuses ! Very poor experience, and reading the reviews on reviews.co.uk it would seem I'm not the only one!"
"I ordered a Karcher underbody Lance,and the money was taken from my credit card that day. I expected delivery within 7 days as promised but nothing arrived. I filled in the online form queries and got no reply, I then phoned and was told it would be delivered the following week, again no sign of it. 3 weeks later I phoned again and all of a sudden they managed to dispatch it the same day. The Karcher Lance was the cheapest on the internet and arrived safely it works fine. Alex Shanks should take more care of their customers and at least keep them informed of any delay with delivery."
We are very sorry about this negative experience.
"2nd time of ordering, 2nd time over 2 weeks late"
"Considering I had to wait 3 weeks for the item to come not good at all no one informed me of the delay"
We are very sorry about this bad experience.
"Very helpful staff, but need to be more organised at getting their deliveries out."
We are very sorry about this experience.
"I place order by phone 13/03/15 for Karcher with extra charges for fast delivery. 23/03/15 still don't have . Will cancel the order if won't arrive tomorrow. For sure."
We are really sorry, Alex has confirmed that he will refund you the delivery charge and has reorganised the delivery for today.
"It was a shame that I had to chase the delivery and then find out what I had ordered was not available. I do not understand why some retailers seem to think that it is the customer who has to do the running around, otherwise nothing much else to say."
"On the 7th January 2015 I ordered online through Alan Shanks a Karcher K4 compact pressure washer. This never arrived. I have made a number of phone calls to Alan Shanks about this purchase to see if it was ever been processed. On the first 4 or 5 occasions I was told somebody would phone me back. THIS NEVER HAPPENED UNTILL LAST WEDNESDAY when Alan Shanks called me himself. He said he would look into the matter and call me back on Thursday 26th Feb 2015. This once again never happened and I left the country that night, so have no idea if he did in fact attempt to contact me on the Friday, although I have not seen any missed calls on my mobile. All I wanted was confirmation if I had been charged for the item. If not, then it was not an issue and I would look around for another good deal before ordering again."
Hi Michael, We are very sorry about this. Alex says he left a message on your answer phone to confirm the payment went through. Please can you call him at your earliest convenience 01236 449554 as he just tried to call you but couldn't reach you.
"Oh dear! Placed an order last week, hadn't heard anything so went to track order today, website going through maintenance! Decided to Google reviews for reputation of company, having read this I am feeling very concerned about the money which has already been taken from my account. Holding out hope I will hear from the company soon...."
Hi Sarah, We are really sorry we are experiencing problems with the website. If you can call us at your earliest convenience we can sort this out for you.
"Had to remind you to dispatch my goods after 5 days!. Appears that my consignment was put aside for some reason"
"Probably one of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with, placed my order on 31/1/15, and still haven't received it yet. My emails go unanswered, phone calls are not answered and when they do pick up the phone there is no one to deal with me, promises of call backs are never kept. As a result I placed a negative review, and within twenty minutes I had Alex Shanks on the phone to me telling me it wasn't his fault, it was Royal Mail who had returned the item as undelivered. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and since I couldn't retract my original negative review, I posted a positive one, in expectation that the problem would be resolved, I was told to expect delivery of my order early the following week Unfortunately that week has now come and gone and still no sign of my order, emails remain unanswered, phone calls are not answered. I have managed to find another company with the part I required, despatched on the day of order, delivered the following day (well done Machine Mart) so I will no longer need your goods or services, don't bother to try to contact me to resolve any issues, except to give me a full refund."
We are extremely sorry about this. When Alex spoke to you the item had been returned and we intended to dispatch this that day. Unfortunately in the meantime this was misplaced in the warehouse. Alex would have contacted you again to inform you of this but it slipped his mind he is very sorry about this. We have now issued a full refund and if there is anything you need he would be willing to give you a special discount.
"Items ordered not in stock, did not show on website, customer service did not let us know. Took 3 weeks to arrive. We had to buy temp items for the interim."
"I have purchased a Hoover from this company on Amazon there weeks ago, despite a follow up email I have had no update and am still awaiting my product. I have tried calling but no one picked up or replied to my email. I am not sure what to do next or how to get my Hoover or money back. I will be contacting Amazon directly on Monday to provide feedback and also for help on next steps. Charlie"
We are very sorry please can you contact us on 01236 449554 to resolve this, or alternatively email us on sales@alexshanks.com with a contact number and we will call you back immediately.
"Pathetic service. Pathetic and incompetent and unhelpful customer service, no reply to correspondence, unhelpful phone answerer. Late delivery. I'll be giving you bad reviews whenever I can. Not good enough. If you say something will be delivered WITHIN 3 to 5 working days, then maybe you should try to keep to that?! Having ordered an item on Sunday that we very much needed to use throughout the week, that meant delivery on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of this week at the latest. At least, that is my understanding of the word 'within' - dispatching on the fifth day so that the order arrives late is BAD SERVICE. Get yourself a next day deliver courier and respect your customers. Oh, and asking for a review on the third day when there is no sign of your product isn't going to get you far either."
We are very sorry for your experience, a manager will be in touch to resolve this matter.
"Online process was good and confirmation emails of purchase and receipt of money prompt . Confirmation email said another email would be sent when goods were despatched. Review form arrived, but no despatch email, so I checked with firm about goods, who informed me goods had been sent. A little later email arrived and goods arrived next day. I think one can deduce the sequence of events. Having said that, goods arrived within three working days (weekend intervened), which is good. I would certainly use them again."
Thanks for your positive feedback
Alex Shanks is rated 1.77 based on 26 reviews