Parcelmonkey Reviews

1% of reviewers recommend Parcelmonkey

Tell us how Parcelmonkey made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
"over charged us. Our parcel had correct size and we weighed it at 25kgs. They sent an email 2 weeks after saying 'the volumetric weight' was different and it was 34.99kgs so charged us more. No way was it that weight but it seems they can dib into your account and take more money without any proof whatsoever. We have photos of said parcel and photos when parcel arrived.Will never use them again.Nice way to earn extra money if you did that to a 1000 customers every week...................."
Are you Parcelmonkey? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"The terms and conditions clearly say “empty aerosols”. We sent a full can of crazy spray (Spider-Man novelty gift) to SA thinking it would be fine. It wasn’t and they refused to fully refund us and they wanted to charge us to have it sent back to us. Then when I questioned the wording they tried to make out that it meant both full and empty aerosols but that’s not what the T&C say! There is only an online chat service which took more than 24 hours at a time for them to respond to me even though it says 3 hours on their website. The service has been shocking to say the least. There is a little boy in SA who is now without a birthday gift. I’ve had to ask a friend to go collect the parcel to avoid forking out even more money. Never again will I use them."
"Will Never be using @parcelmonkey again #Firstandlasttime Shocking service paid for a next day delivery goods turn up with the customer 3 days late and they will not offer any refund as they are not liable unless the goods become 5 Working days late ? What the actual hell? AVOID SING THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS"
"I sent a package to Singapore from UK with parcel monkey (by dpd) on the 26/1 using their 2-3 days delivery service. The package is still not delivered and it has been 8 working days! Parcel monkey can't tell me where the package is. Furthermore I received an email from this company today to say the package is 3.5 kg so I have to pay more in fact the parcel is only 1.40 kg!! I would avoid this company in future.."
"I sent a parcel from the UK to France with Parcel Monkey. It was collected on time by Parcel Force in the UK on a Friday and arrived in the GLS (Parcel Courier in France) Depot the following Monday where it has remained since. First they said it was insufficient address, even though they have delivered to the same address several times before. I verified the address several times with Parcel Monkey and even said it could be delivered to the locaI GLS Relais Point for collection. I have been in their online chat every day for the last 2 weeks and all they say is they have contacted courier and awaiting reply. In frustration I even emailed the CEO and am still awaiting a reply. Now I find that GLS have sent the parcel back to the UK. Avoid at all costs."
"Apalling delivery service. Allegedly attempted to deliver parcel 3 times, then returned it from China to England. I now have options of going to Southhampton to collect it.....I live in London; paying a courier to redeliver it to me in London (having already paid to have it delivered to China and no sign of a refund on that failed attempt; or agree for them to destroy parcel. Just a flagrant rip off. Dont use Parcel Monkey and if PayPal reccommends that you do....ignore them."
"Paid for next day delivery with DX, parcel never arrived. Parcel Monkey keep promising it will be delivered. Have waited 4 days. Parcel Monkey support - wait for hours for an answer, and the answer is 'it will be delivered today'. Then after a while, - 'it will be delivered tomorrow'. TOMORROW NEVER COMES! Because tomorrow... it will be delivered tomorrow!"
"Avoid these scammers they charge twice just making a lie about the weight weeks after sending the parcel."
"Awful service! Paid for next day delivery. Driver never showed, they used dx as a courier , tracking no didn’t exist, after 6 they said oh sorry best we can do is in 4 days time?! Didn’t care less. No compensation and now left with delay to parcel delivery! Avoid avoid!! Pay the extra and get Someone reliable ! Will never use again"
"Booked a collection with Parcelmonkey and it should have been collected by DX the following day (Wednesday). No collection. On Thursday DX rang to say it would be collected Friday. No collection. Several emails back and forth between me, DX and Parcelmonkey over the weekend and Monday. DX rang Monday to say would collect Tuesday. No collection. I have cancelled the collection with Parcelmonkey and anticipate a dispute to get a refund. I have informed my bank already."
"Sent a package to Germany. Got a message that they were unable to deliver said package. Package was returned opened a month later. Long story short parcel cost $36.10 to send and months later got charged a subscription cost for $172.83 for the returned package. Not sure how they can justify that charge especially since I never signed up for a subscription."
"You will know what I mean when you need to raise an issue with them. Then you will know what 'absolute bunch of monkeys' actually means. I booked a parcel to be sent through parcel monkey and I selected a Parcelforce service to be collected by driver who would be bringing the labelling. I chose to pay a couple of quid extra for insurance as it was a valuable item. It was much cheaper booking through Parcelmonkey, even though it was still going through Parcelforce, which was suspicous and too good to be true basically. A rough and unkempt man came in a plain white van and took the parcel and did not give me any receipt of collection and told my son that it would be sent by email because it was booked online. I tracked the parcel on Parcelforce's website about a week later and it showed that is had been collected, but was never logged in at the very next stop: the local collection depot. I spoke to Parcelforce who were very responsive and the next day they confirmed that the parcel was irrecoverably lost and I should submit a claim through Parcel Monkey, which I did online on their website and uploaded a photo of the parcel, as well as the paypal receipt showing that the I refunded the guy who bought the item from me in full. They already have the tracking number and they can see for themselves that it is showing as collected and nothing further. That was on the 13th Dec. That's when the talking to monkeys started. It is now 7th Jan and Parcel Monkeys say they are still chasing Parcelforce. For what exactly I don't know. The parcel was insured, they lost it and now they are stalling trying every trick in the book asking me for descriptions of parcel, description of packaging, proof of collection etc. Here is a summary of their Monkey responses, all of which I replied to instantly, and bear in mind that from the very beginning they already had all of the information requested, including what was in the parcel: 13th Dec: "courier looking into it" 14th Dec: Can you please provide a full detailed description of how the item was packaged along with a collection receipt if this is possible and the date you have advised the item actually left them. 17th Dec: "Did the courier provide a collection receipt upon collection? Please be advised that this information is being asked by the courier in order to further investigate this matter. " 17th Dec: "Can you please provide a full detailed description of how the item was packaged so that we can forward it to the courier." 21st Dec: "Do you have the collection receipt?" 21st Dec: "we are doing our best to expedite on this matter" 21st Dec: "Please can you also advise what is inside the item here?" 22nd Dec: "we have already rechased the courier regarding this matter" 7th Jan: "I will now forward this to the relevant department to assist you further in this matter.""
"Parcel Monkey should not be associating their name with the service from Fedex, absolutely terrible one-way useless customer service. Delivery promised in 4-6 days and heading for close to a month with no communication. I have used parcel monkey before and this is unfortunately the last, dont even try em."
"The worst service I ever had ! My package never arrived ! This company is scam ! Stay away !"
"ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!!!! Absolute disgrace, failed to pick up my parcels for the second day running. Tried online chat, email several times and nobody came back to me. If your business depends on your customer service then do not deal with these people. You have cost me a fortune, I am now off on a 16hr journey north of Edinburgh and back in one day because of your incompetence."
"Followed your instructions re weighing and labelling of parcel Parcel arrived ok Week later email to say they were taking extra money as somehow parcel had increased in weight by 6kg .Took money without authorisation .How can I claim this back Disgusted is an understatement"
"PAID FOR LABEL, OF COURSE IT NEVER ARRIVED, £22 OUT OF POCKET. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN, STAY WELL CLEAR GO TO ANY OTHER PROVIDER."
"They are SCAMNERS. They don’t tell the technical terms in advance before you book your parcel. They keep their customers in dark. They are highly non trustworthy. NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL."
"absolutely shocking waited in all day and no comms, spent hours trying to rearrange (as this is my responsibility) and couldn't fulfil the next day either .. i can only presume that Christmas has come as bit of a surprise to them this year.. avoid like the plague.. i would love to know where the get the stats that 97% of parcels arrive"
"This is the second and last time I will use Parcel Monkey. Their online quote experience is good but after that the service is appalling. It was very easy to get the quote and book the collection. I had high hopes for a seamless service and full support. This lulls you into a false sense of security. Once you have made the booking Parcel Monkey immediately send you an email to say 'Your order has been despatched' - this is before you even have a collection slot! It is hugely confusing. My collection did not happened on the date it was booked for and I spent a whole day waiting in for it only to find, after contacting the courier directly myself, that parcel monkey had NOT even booked the collection with them !!! IF they do manage to organise the collection, once it reaches its destination country, the tracking information goes silent and there are no updates at all. Beware - despite choosing a third party courier such as DPD etc etc you will only be able to communicate with Parcel Monkey and there are NO phone lines into the company so you are stuck with a live chat. Today I have had 4 different associates in one 20 minute chat. They have no direct phone lines out of their offices to their third party couriers and have to rely on a messaging service which we all know when it’s a busy time of year no one checks. I was told that the chosen courier would respond' sometime today', they were supposed to have been here by now ! If you contact the courier directly, because you have a Parcel Monkey order number, they will refer you back to Parcel Monkey, a company with no phone lines and an endless supply of Live Chat associates who cannot find a way to solve the problems and get action for you - they just keep apologising. I was told to keep watching my ‘dashboard’ for notes from Parcel Monkey with updates on my query. It's really not good enough, they take your money for a service and then can't follow through with the appropriate level of support to give you peace of mind. My recommendation would be NEVER to use Parcel Monkey and to go to the couriers directly."
Parcelmonkey is rated 1.05 based on 200 reviews