Harveysfurniture Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

Tell us how Harveysfurniture made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over a month
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"I rarely write reviews let alone negative reviews but my experience with Harvey's has been the worst in my life! That's no exaggeration. I ordered a corner sofa on 07/11. I was told by the lady that served me that it will be delivered just before New Years since DFS (store next door) promised delivery before Christmas Day. I checked again and again with her and even when the delivery note said 07/02 she assured me it says that but it will be before. The sofa had not arrived by January and around mid January I called up the customer service and they told me they weren't sure why I was promised this. When I called in store they told me that she had left the job and there's nothing they can do. I had no option but to wait till 07/02 for the sofa. Thats when it got worse. I got a call from them a few days before telling me that they wouldnt be able to deliver and when I asked why they told me they don't have the reason in their notes. I called every day to try find the reason but no one knew. They told me the earliest date was mid March and that if I wanted it earlier I will have to call. I called in everyday to find an earlier date and they said 06/03 was the earliest and I agreed to that. Once again a few days later I got a call saying it wouldn't be delivered by 06/03. I had to go through the calling process to try fight for a new date which was 19/03. Having gone through this I was told that I should call them when its delivered so they can make up for the time and effort I had to go through for this. Had to take 3 days off work for one delivery since they kept missing it. When I called them they told me that the best they can do is £63 for a delay of over 3 months from what I was promised in store. What an absolute joke of a compensation. Please stay away from them and please get everything written."
Are you Harveysfurniture? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"bought guvnor sofa charcoal grey.the colour is brown.harveys say i've got the right sofa and lump it.they don't reply to emails and phone calls take over an hour to speak to someone.won't use them ever again."
"I am absolutely appalled by the service (or lack thereof) Harvey's have provided to customers and the complete disdain they have treated us with. Back in October we ordered a sofa from their White City store in Manchester with an expected delivery date of mid November. This did not arrive. after weeks of wondering what had happened (which involved numerous amounts of to-ing and fro-ing with rude staff over the phone via their customer service line and being put on hold for up to an hour at a time) we were finally told there had been a fault with one of their suppliers in Italy and hence the order would now not arrive until February. You offered us £400 reduced price by way of compensation which we accepted (we went in store to make sure this was confirmed but that is another story) expecting delivery at the end of February. We finally receive a confirmation email that delivery was expected yesterday and after a complete no-show, as predicted we AGAIN had to call your customer service line to be told that the sofa was in fact "pulled off the lorry yesterday due to a quality control issue". NOONE informed us beforehand and my husband had taken the day off work to await a sofa that was NEVER going to arrive. We were told by their customer service team that someone will be calling us in the next 24-48 hours but have got this call? I WONDER??? NO. This is completely UNACCEPTABLE and I would like a response ASAP as to what exactly Harvey's plan do about it. We will be cancelling our order if this is the level of disrespect you show customers. You deserve to lose custom over this Trading Standards will also be duly informed."
"Warning .....Don’t let them take your money for an independent report on a furniture fault! Servico do not locate manufacturing faults they are just used to release Harvey’s from responsibility for any repair. A rip off!"
"To be honest, ordered my two settee's on the 29th of Dec 2018, with the promise from the salesman in Shirley, Solihull that they would be delivered within 4 weeks. Then told they wouldn't be delivered till the 11th of March. Then I was rang to day that they wouldn't be able to be delivered till the 15th of March 2019. Disgusting service & lied to all along by the Harvey's salesman. Will never shop with this company again."
"Disgraceful goods not delivered 18 weeks and just cancelled delivery for tomorrow. Now been told end of March even though now paid for it. Avoid Harvey’s at all costs"
"Everything went wrong! Don’t use Harvey’s! Table and chairs broken on delivery. New one delivered 5 weeks later but delivery refused to assemble although this was paid for! It’s still in the box! Armchair broken on delivery. Technician coming tomorrow to fix but won’t hold my breath! Now taken 4 days off work and still not rectified. Do not use Harvey’s! Shocking shocking!! 😤👎"
"Ordered a 3 seater sofa and matching chair from the Falkirk branch. The woman in the shop told us we could take delivery in 3 weeks because the furniture we chose is always kept in stock. I arranged annual leave day from work for the allotted day (4 weeks later) and we were told the delivery slot was between 7am to 8pm. We got rid of our old sofas beforehand and were sitting on 2 kitchen chairs. On the delivery day we had a phone call at 9am to tell us that they had none in stock and someone would be in touch sometime in the future for another delivery. I was absolutely fuming and spent most of the morning to various different people so called 'customer services' etc none of who were in the least interested. Suffice to say I cancelled my order (lost my £87 deposit) and have gone elsewhere. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY !!!"
"Absolute joke my sofa was due to be delivered tomorrow but rang to say it wasn’t coming I rang them and they wouldn’t speak to me as they had my name down different to the one i told them it was no fault of mine it was someone at the york store where i bought it from the store admitted this but still they wouldn’t speak to me as the computer couldn’t rectify the name so I had to email my identity and also the bill I am currently waiting in a queue to speak to someone but I started off in18th place after waiting 20 minutes I am now in 10th place never again will i buy from Harvey’s"
"Loud moth lady doesn't know what she's talking about😂 rude and totally aggressive, no courtesy and totally inappropriate."
"I feel there is a fault on my sofa. They said no only fault is to many sitting on that side. Do you know this is called a tv sofa.new one to me.i have to pay for a independent survey done and pay for this myself. If there is a fault found they will pay me the money back. I think this is a despicable way to do things. This sofa is only 7 or 8 months old. I also phoned them which I was on the phone a full hour.emailed them. Still the same response. I only want someone to come and look at it without me paying out any money. I think the after care service is despicable."
"I ordered a sofa on 24/11/18 and given a delivery date of 7 weeks. Then told lies about why there's a delay taken off van like I did something wrong omg so I give them one last chance to ring me with temporary loan sofa until mine is ready. Please don't tell these lies as they are ridiculous."
"Terrible Customer Service I have been having issues with Harveys for almost one year now, and I am still waiting on them to sort out the outstanding issues. I have tried to call their customer service number several times and I am usually 23rd or 24th in the queue, I am not prepared to sit at the end of a phone for god knows how long as I suffer health issues. I have also sent about 20 emails to them and they just send an automated response, saying they will be in touch, then I hear nothing. I am going to keep putting on these negative reviews until they contact me and sort this deplorable situation out. Shame on you Harveys."
"Paid for a Saturday delivery but no show.No notification on the day,I now have to wait 3 more days to find out why.Wish I had read all the reviews on this company before as this seems a regular occurrence.Very poor service."
"I ordered a sofa . The back makes long creaks and is clearly defective or not fitted properly. 10 days after e mailing I am still waiting for a resolution. I have resorted to calling and have now been on hold for 50 MINUTES. Appalling after service. This alone will prevent me from buying from them again."
"SPARE YOURSELF THE DISAPPOINTMENT &… SPARE YOURSELF THE DISAPPOINTMENT & STRESS! Waited 8 weeks for a dining table & chairs. Finally arrived today - table delivered flat-pack & nothing was unpacked as other furniture stores do on delivery. More like an Ikea/Argos delivery. Opened first box to find chair with leg snapped in half. No damage to box so must have been packed broken. Opened table box to find table top scuffed - packaging was damaged on outside so had clearly been mishandled. Called store but they refused to deal with this (didn't we buy it from them??) Told us to call customer services. Called promptly. This was an hour ago. Still on hold, number 15 in queue... will update review if anyone actually answers the phone.... Cannot stress how disappointed we are & how worried we are about trying to get a refund. A day off work wasted on the delivery & will now have to take another day off (UNPAID) for them to collect again 😭 Wish we had seen other reviews first - would never have used Harvey's if we had known about their poor reputation."
"They gave me a time slot & didn't show up - I rang them, apparently it never got loaded onto the van but they just didn't have the courtesy to tell me so I needlessly booked a day off work waiting. After 5 days of hour long phone calls they still don't know where the sofa is and won't offer any form of compensation however have advised earliest redelivery is a month away and that's best case scenario. Be warned if you have any issues at all customer services are rude and incompetent and can't offer any help whatsoever, they just keep telling us to wait a further 24 hours to see if it magically reappears on the system - wouldn't go near them ever again - Avoid!"
"Bad company."
"Harveys Customer Service is shocking. ONE YEAR AGO they delivered two sofas damaged (Engineer confirmed manufacturing fault) therefore sofas replaced. Replacement sofas arrive (damaged again), have been waiting months for Harveys to send engineer (again) but they are not responding to my emails. I tried phoning and was 24th in the queue (horrendous), I will jot sit on a phone for hours as I have health issues. The finance is also wrong charged £4000 when it should be £1600, but the finance company are still removing the wrong payments from my account. I have had these issues ongoing for almost ONE YEAR now, shocking from Harveys, I will NEVER shop there again and would advise anyone thinking of shopping there NOT TO."
"Purchased November. Estimated 13 weeks to delivery. Text advised in warehouse at 12 weeks and would call to arrange delivery. Didn’t call. Waited 40 mins in queue to be advised there was a problem but they’d ‘default’ delivery to mid March ‘for now’ but call me Monday morning to rearrange. Didn’t call. Messaged on social media to advise no call back - response advised that was soonest they could deliver. 1) I wanted to talk to someone but no one wants to call me to discuss 2) this isn’t within the 13 week wait advised (granted this is “approximate” but and extra 4 weeks is fairly substantial. 3) why does it take so long to deliver. Reading reviews I will be genuinely surprised if it even arrives then but will have to wait the 4 weeks to see."
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.20 based on 212 reviews