Harveysfurniture Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

Tell us how Harveysfurniture made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
customer service
"very disappointed with the service that the this company has provided, first week of October we ordered a nice dining table set and since then till now I haven't received nothing.when I ordered they said it will take 2 weeks but that wasn't true. I called them so many times for them to give me a delivery date and time so I can take off from work and receive the goods but they lie to me because they never turn up with the furniture. yesterday 14/nov/2018 I called them again and they said sorry we had a problem with out system your next delivery time will be for Christmas time. Terrible service, I prefer them to tell me the true and say it will take this time bla bla bla, but to lie giving a wrong date for a delivery that doesn't exist and making me take the day off from work is just not right! I had to cancel this furniture and the finance because I am not happy at all with the service Harvey's has provided, their customer service team is terrible, I wish someone from Harveys can access my account for them to see how many times I have called on regards to my furniture, and to understand why I am so disappointed. my order number was: 70104831"
Are you Harveysfurniture? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Just to let everyone know I today got my money back from my credit card company under section 75 Harvey can now go swing for the sofa they seem unable to deliver"
"I was warned about harveys customer service and delivery estimates by various people and boy they haven't let me down. I ordered a sofa on line mid December and its knocking on to march's door and still im without a sofa. I have called harveys and the reply from the service team was "it isn't showing in as being ready for delivery, it could be in by the end of march or the month after" then promptly ended the call. I seriously wouldn't recommend going here if you need your furniture within 6 months, very poor"
"Harveys furniture have got to be the worst retailer i have ever dealt with...do not buy products from them, they insist on your money then fail to deliver. I ordered my suite 6 months ago, was told 16 weeks delivery...told a month ago (already a month late) that product was in the warehouse awaiting delivery to me...too full payment from me. Two aborted delivery dates (with all the resultant loss of time, earnings, inconvenience etc) promises that it is on route i.e. your order is no 6 on today's lorry, no 8 on todays lorry..all untruths, they now admit that they lost my furniture and don't really know where it is, why its late of when it will be delivered..customer care is non existent so have written to the MD, you never know, maybe someone might listen and try to help, but I doubt it.. looks like small claims court here i come."
"I have worked for Harveys for 25 years putting failed deliveries right taking loan suites out to customers working for up to 8 stores they do not want to put anything right thees days . Was asked to take corner suite out from another store Hide in the warehouse of another store so manager could tell customer he had ordered brand new and could get it in 5 days when actually it was off the shop floor and I was told I had to do this job for no money . If I wanted further work . My company will not work for Harveys anymore. We will not deceive or commit fraud to the public I reported this to the area manager and trading standards and await the outcome Harveys is going down the pan The public just don’t know yet billions of pounds in the red owned by steinhoff international"
"Ordered and paid in full for a sofa on 14th September, told 13 weeks(14th Dec) for delivery and guaranteed before Christmas. Numerous (1hr+) phone calls, 2 delivery dates and now being told 14th Jan....obviously after reading these reviews there is a massive problem and they don’t even have these items in their warehouses!! So after a nice Christmas sitting on the floor and 4 months of protection cover wasted on an item I don’t even have-I won’t ever recommend Harvey’s to anyone!"
"Everything went wrong!!!!ordered Lourdes table and 6 chairs...was told be delivered altogether.Had table delivered 22 days ago.Problem with ordering system.Been fobbed off so many times.Incurred £25.00 mobile phone charges ringing customer services,who put you on hold for way too long.Manager Has now informed me today the chairs have been discontinued!!!!total farce.Supposed to be resolved on 3 different occasions.Now wait untill this Friday and manager will ring me with a figure on table and 4 chairs.There are 4 chairs available as dissatisfied customer cancelled and returned her order!!!Manager has put chairs together but will take apart.I expect final answer by fri.i did pay £167.00 which was 10% deposit.i want a def date of 4 chairs delivery but at this point im so pissed...feel like just saying collect table.i will struggle to contact customer services.May have chat with trading standards tomorrow!!!"
"I've just had my third conversation with these jokers and I'm now at the end of my tether with them. My fiancee and I ordered a sofa and two footstools, and were given a confirmed delivery date of Friday 16th November. We sold our sofa during that week and my parents booked the day off work to be in for delivery. Three days before delivery we received a text message saying that delivery had been cancelled and they'd be in touch letting us know a new date of delivery. After a few days of hearing nothing I called them and was on hold for nearly 40 minutes. I spoke to a customer advisor who told me that they honestly had no idea when the delivery would now take place but they would call us on Tuesday 27th with a definitive answer. Again we received no call on the Tuesday so once again I called them and was on hold for 56 minutes this time. The chap at the end of the phone admitted that he had no idea if our order could be fulfilled due to an issue with an Italian factory but to call back on Friday as management were getting involved and they should know more by then. To be fair, both of these customer advisors were apologetic and spoke about compensating us if we wished to continue with the order. So today I called up again (32 minutes on hold) and I had the pleasure of speaking with Edward. Edward announced that he could not speak to me about anything to do with the order as it is in my fiancee's name, and infact he is going to report the two people I previously spoke to. I was then put through to his manager Pav who again stated there was going to be an internal investigation looking into the conduct of the two members of staff I'd previously spoken with. I ended the call in disbelief, furious at their service once again. Instead of wasting their time on this nonsense could they not use it more effectively to organise the delivery of our sofa we have paid for, or at least let us know a rough timeframe...1 month...2 months...6 months...a year? Or maybe spend more time answering phones so customers don't waste any more of their lives on hold to this company. This is without doubt the most embarrassingly run company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with...an absolute shambles. Two weeks after the supposed delivery we still have no sofa, no due date, no confirmation they can even fulfil our order, we've received no phone calls, and now after spending a combined total of over 2 hours on hold on the phone I am no longer allowed to chase any of this up. The most underserving one star rating of all time!"
"What a joke. We ordered our sofa and chair in October 2018 (£3K) and we were "guaranteed" it would be delivered in time for Christmas and incidentally, for moving into our new house. We left the store very satisfied as we loved the sofa. We were emailed a few weeks later saying that the sofa would arrive 2nd December and it fitted in perfectly with our moving in times as it would arrive just a few days after we moved. Happy days. We were then notified yesterday (less than a week before the delivery date) that the sofa was out of stock and the next delivery would be March 2019, almost four months after! I've tried to call the Harvey office for an explanation: "We are unable to take your call right now, please phone back later." We now have to move house, with a three week old and no sofa for Christmas.... and we told the family we would do the entertaining on Christmas day as housewarming too! We'll be sitting on the floor playing Trivial Pursuit! If only Harvey's were actually honest. It's tactic is to say "guarantee" on the product, collect YOUR money and then see how much they can deliver in the run-up to Christmas. If they can't deliver what YOU paid for, they then just give you your money back with no compensation or apology. What a sh*tty business model; maximising revenue and then if they can't do what they promised, screw over the customer at the end. The company should be held to account for its "guarantee" and ordered to compensate if it cannot deliver. A DISGRACE!!!!"
"Purchase of sofa no issue but then comes delivery got e mail to give delivery day and time slot so day before hire van and as loading the van they call to cancel delivery as said it is delayed so then unloaded van and rebooked next week van hire again booked but not holding too much hope might have same issue again said that the email is a predicted delivery day and time even though it says your delivery WILL BE delivered between 7am and 1pm, customer service don’t care that took last days leave off to be here and that had paid to hire van which will have to do again"
"Was expecting dining set end of Sept. No contact, no update. Still not here and after ringing the company numerous times I have been informed it wont be here until end of December. Live chat useless, customer services really poor. Obviously not bothered about customer satisfaction as they were happy for me to cancel the order and go elsewhere rather than try and rectify their mistakes. Will not use this company again. AVOID."
"Dishonest communication regarding delivery times. Zero customer service. Horrible experience. If I could give a zero star I would"
"bought a three seater and a chair in 2011 this is just to point out that after about a year we noticed that the armrest had become very odd feeling as if they were lower at the front. we have just got rid and i took the chair apart to see what the problem was, i found that the support for the armrests were thick cardboard across the frame work and had collapsed, in an area that will be taking a lot of weight with people getting up and down if thats how they make all their furniture then we wont purchase again, this area should at least be plywood not much more expensive to use im sure. a very poor design."
"Not impressed in the end. Excellent choice I only went into store to for a nosey. Why not. Was blown away with the range. Was not harassed by staff, which I find a brilliant way to approach customers service. just asked to let them know if I would like any advice help. Found a sofa set I really liked a kinman. I didn't buy there an then. But took time to think about it. And allowed myself 24 hours, and bought online. And also found site very easy to negotiate. Will see in 3 weeks. If all is to expectations. Sad to say they let me down. Failed to deliver sofa, sent only the chair. Then i was completely fobbed off by the customer services. As to when I would receive sofa. It appears, that nobody in harveys. Are capable of finding out where your furniture is.. According to them. Once it leaves their warehouse. They have no clue as to where it is. Until its delivered or returned. Apparently it has to return to them. Before they can send out again. Currently it' is in Warrington awaiting return to there head office. When this happens. They will sort a day to re deliver so this means it will be resent to Warrington?? Then onto me. I am very disappointed in there approach to customer service. I was even made. To feel responsible, for there incompetence. And there's nothing I can do until at least 24/10 as I have to wait for them to rearrange a delivery date. Not impressed at all. Even had to buy a chair so my daughter is able to sit down as we was advised not get rid of the old sofas before delivery. On a plus side the chair is great, real comfy. But i think i will shop elsewhere in the future."
"i purchased this large corner sofa THE GUVNOR SUITE in fabric,however i soon found out i was expecting a baby and decided that we would like to have leather instead. We therefore went direct to Harvey store in Dundee and enquired about getting the same sofa but in leather. We were told yes but it was only available in red/ wine colour but apart from that it was the same. It cost more totalling just under £3000 Sometime later we took deliver of the sofa and a single chair to match. The sofa was smaller than the fabric but as we were now new parents never bothered to pursue this further we were just delighted with this beautiful sofa. 11months passed and i noticed some scratches on the sofa, i was disappointed thought perhaps we caused some accidental damage. by the time the sofa was 13months old it became apparent that these scratch like marks weren't that and were infact the sofa beginning to peel. furniture obbusman have today returned there decision to me and said that there is no case against Harveys as they cannot prove what i cleaned the sofa with. I am now in talks with Citizens Advice Scotland and trading standards, along with my insurance company. i will take this further. this has been nearly a year of absolute stress and upset, i am still currently paying for this on finance. I am paying for something that is broken and continues to get worse, i will post pictures here if it allows and n any forums i can so that others are making an informed choice of where to make purchases and how to resolve any disputes. I will keep othersupdated of any outcome. It is a beautiful sofa if it weren't peeling."
"Still waiting for my £50 refund, promised three weeks ago as they messed up the delivery of my chairs. Pathetic customer service"
"I purchase my sofas on 27th September 2018 and was guaranteed delivery before Christmas. I was contacted for my balance due on 17th December and was told that my sofas was at the distribution depot in Lutterworth..... for delivery by a contractor Arrow XL, due to the high volume of deliveries that they had. I was told I would get it by Monday guaranteed...!!!! I got rid of my sofas due to my buyers wanting it ASAP. Which was meant Leaving me with a bean bag over the weekend. I was phoned by customer services on Friday afternoon....saying that there was a fire at the docks in Southampton..!!!! And they couldn’t honour my delivery till after Xmas....... so after a phone call to a friend in Southampton who works at the docks, asking about the fire....... he said that there was no fire and the last cargo ship fire was 28th May 2018 just off the docks. I informed Harveys of their Lies and they couldn’t answer....!!!!!! I had to wait until 9th of January and have tried talking to customer services.... but get no response.....!!!!! I have also emailed them, and again get no response...!!!! The store manager has emailed them on many occasions about my complaint, and has even escalated my complaint twice. But still no response........ I am absolutely disgusted. Cutstomer services are hard to get through to and seems like they don’t care about leaving me in the S**t with no sofas over the Xmas break. #CUSTOMERCARESHOCKING"
"Customer Services non existent. We were advised on morning of delivery our sofa would not be delivered, even though they would have known prior to this as it was coming from a warehouse in Ayr, we live in NI so it would have to be on a boat at least the day before. We had cleared room out and given old sofa away to make room. Tried contacting Customer Services by phone but no reply. Held for a total of 3.5 hours on 4 attempts. Phoned the store to cancel the order and get a refund to be told I had to phone back on Monday. Have tried twice today and no-one is available to process the refund. Would have given zero stars if possible. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY."
"Bought a sofa. Great sales service in-store. Arrived on time, all great. Then noticed a splilt in the sofa 2 days in. Wow....not exaggerating, 20 odd calls to customer service. No response. Called in my local store, they could no longer help, a week old sofa....really! So told me to contact customer service again. 79 min wait, 85, 62, get the picture. Finally after 9 emails I get a call. Like a comedy really, just to tell me they have a back log.....that's a worry! So I will get a call in 3 days. Still no further on. First time I've spent alot of money on a sofa, and it arrives ripped. Terrible after sales."
"Terrible service ordered dining set in October still not received it, emails go unanswered, and call waiting is 45 minutes. Surprise surprise the sales line is answered immediately !"
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.22 based on 165 reviews