Harveysfurniture Reviews

15% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture
Courier, Own Driver
Telephone

How would you rate Harveysfurniture ?

"I was warned about harveys customer service and delivery estimates by various people and boy they haven't let me down. I ordered a sofa on line mid December and its knocking on to march's door and still im without a sofa. I have called harveys and the reply from the service team was "it isn't showing in as being ready for delivery, it could be in by the end of march or the month after" then promptly ended the call. I seriously wouldn't recommend going here if you need your furniture within 6 months, very poor"
"Harveys furniture have got to be the worst retailer i have ever dealt with...do not buy products from them, they insist on your money then fail to deliver. I ordered my suite 6 months ago, was told 16 weeks delivery...told a month ago (already a month late) that product was in the warehouse awaiting delivery to me...too full payment from me. Two aborted delivery dates (with all the resultant loss of time, earnings, inconvenience etc) promises that it is on route i.e. your order is no 6 on today's lorry, no 8 on todays lorry..all untruths, they now admit that they lost my furniture and don't really know where it is, why its late of when it will be delivered..customer care is non existent so have written to the MD, you never know, maybe someone might listen and try to help, but I doubt it.. looks like small claims court here i come."
"Still waiting for my £50 refund, promised three weeks ago as they messed up the delivery of my chairs. Pathetic customer service"
"Everything... Had a sofa on going issues from delivery. Had to have a reselection only to be told discontinued. When new sofa arrived 12 weeks later, was faulty in arrival. Got in touch with harveys they had to send out an independent technician to access and agree. Again another reselection and 12 week wait. Reselection made and was delivered. A year in and guess what another problem. Harveys dont wont to know ! Had another independent report by Servico. Honestly take your money leave you high and dry... customer services really. AVOID HARVEY'S !!"
"BE CAREFUL - CHECK THE WRITTEN DELIVERY DATE IS THE SAME AS QUOTED BY THE SALESMAN! I ordered a corner sofa from Harvey's Birstall in February 2018. I was quoted a delivery period of 10-12 weeks by the salesman in the store. I was very reluctant to sign up to this because i was taking possession of a new apartment 3wks later. After reluctantly accepting the 10-12wks i signed the paperwork for the order. I put the 2 week slot in my diary to ensure i would be available to accept delivery. I chased up my delivery on the 10week mark and was told they did not have a date when my order was due in. I question this bearing in mind it should be due. After 12 weeks i had received no contact from Harveys so i called again only to be told that my order would be delivered around 14weeks after my order date. I was advised to check my order paperwork and there, 3 pages in, on an unsigned page was the delivery period of 14 weeks. Yes - i should have checked this. I checked the order details but this info was contained on a totally different page to the order, delivery address, specific delivery details etc. I had a salesman sat in front of me telling me 10-12. Seriously annoyed. Feeling misled."
"The worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with."
"We bought 2. X2 prezzo settees within a month it had sagged where we sat making it look scruffy and uncomfortable to sit in a different position ,they are fixed cushions so you can’t plump them up . An engineer was called out he told us it was normal that due to changes in the foam used it wasn’t as solid .if you want a comfortable good looking settee DONT BUY THIS ONE"
"When we Brought 2 2 seater sofa we told them we live on the 2nd floor they said no problem had them delivered last October one got damage beyond repair .They offered 2 replacement which was great but before they would deliver them they ask me to sign a waiver, so if they got damage on delivery it would be down to me which I refused as it was their responsibility to deliver the items in one piece.Went to the shop on 5/04/2018 and spoke to manager who then e mailed customer service and ask them to ring me . Well today is the 10/04/2017 and I am still waiting for this to be resolved"
"i purchased this large corner sofa THE GUVNOR SUITE in fabric,however i soon found out i was expecting a baby and decided that we would like to have leather instead. We therefore went direct to Harvey store in Dundee and enquired about getting the same sofa but in leather. We were told yes but it was only available in red/ wine colour but apart from that it was the same. It cost more totalling just under £3000 Sometime later we took deliver of the sofa and a single chair to match. The sofa was smaller than the fabric but as we were now new parents never bothered to pursue this further we were just delighted with this beautiful sofa. 11months passed and i noticed some scratches on the sofa, i was disappointed thought perhaps we caused some accidental damage. by the time the sofa was 13months old it became apparent that these scratch like marks weren't that and were infact the sofa beginning to peel. furniture obbusman have today returned there decision to me and said that there is no case against Harveys as they cannot prove what i cleaned the sofa with. I am now in talks with Citizens Advice Scotland and trading standards, along with my insurance company. i will take this further. this has been nearly a year of absolute stress and upset, i am still currently paying for this on finance. I am paying for something that is broken and continues to get worse, i will post pictures here if it allows and n any forums i can so that others are making an informed choice of where to make purchases and how to resolve any disputes. I will keep othersupdated of any outcome. It is a beautiful sofa if it weren't peeling."
"Our 4 month old sofa has a recognised manufacturing fault by way of the all the fibre filling in the seats/backs and arms have collapsed to the point of the wood is evident on the arms underneath. An independent guy cam to look at it and has reported that it is a manufacturing fault (we have 2 of these sofas but the second one does not get much use so suspect the same thing will happen to that one too). Harveys have contacted me today and they want to repair as under the consumer rights 2015, however I would have liked them to take it back/return it. Apparently they are going to come to our house (costing me personal time as we both work full time) completely dismantle the sofa, stuff it again and reassemble in my living room, on my new rug and floor? I am not sure what other people think but I don't think this is acceptable. The sofa is a 'Luxury' Reid Prezzo Leather. Please do not purchase one of these! I did put a review on the sofa on line with Harvey but they would not up load it!"
"Do not pay cash.... I had to wait 4 months for a cheque, 50 phone calls later, 3 visits to the Colchester store not only that I delivered the chairs to them as it was 3 weeks for them to collect LIES,LIES and more LIES from both manager and customer services"
"Bunch of Liars and cheaters....Stay away from Harveys and from Nottingham store. I ordered an item 6 months back for it to be delivered in 2 months. Paid 2.5K in full for a dinning table and a coffee table...No response yet. everytime I call either the store manager and sales person is away or on holiday.. they said its suppliers mistake for late delivery. But I paid to Nottingham Harveys not the supplier. Still no one responds on the phone or calls back saying its going to be late.... still the item not delivered after 6 months. only god knows when.... You will lose your Money patience and everything.....Called the store 100 times no reply....They will get your money and thats all. product will never be delivered."
"Bought 3&2 seat Reid Embankment sofas in May 2016. Delivered late in July2016 despite paying exorbitant delivery charge. After 8 months of very light use, the padding in one of the arms has shifted meaning it might as well not be there. Harveys sent out a Homecall rep who agreed the padding has shifted. Strangely Harveys don't think this is a manufacturing defect even though the rep offered to arrange a repair. I've rejected the items as not of merchantable quality and unfit for the purpose for which they were sold and am requesting a full refund. Watch this space!!"
"Do not use this company. A simple order for a rug back in the beginning of Jan, wrong item sent. Still trying to resolve issue and have now given up on replacement just want my money back. Customer service is a joke, when you phone customer services tell you to ring sales, sales tell you to ring customer services. Tell you someone will call you back...... nobody bothers. Have been promised new order, still no one has call to discuss delivery. Have even emailed managing director who has not responded. Now gone through credit card company to get refund. Take a look at their Facebook page, comment are comment regarding bad customer service,wrong orders, no compensation, people awaiting refunds which it says will be 30 days (bank transfer takes 3 days) people still waiting."
"Please share... Harvey's furniture store sold my grandparents in their 80s a sofa on 1st Feb 2015, after a year the leather had started to peel revealing black under the brown (clearly at 80 they don't jump all over it!) someone was sent out to investigate and they were told it was faulty and as such they would replace it! They had to go and select a new sofa in store and where it was over the price of the original they would have pay the balance. They asked the sales assistant if Harvey's would dispose of the old one as they didn't know what to do, they were instructed that Harvey's wouldn't dispose of old sofas but if they contacted the council they could pay to have it collected and disposed of. Delivery day came and to the shock of my grandparents the delivery drivers wouldn't deliver as they had to take the old one away! They were left without a sofa, they had to sit on wooden dining chairs. They went to Harvey's Furniture Store and were told they wouldn't have been advised that, if they couldn't return the old (faulty) sofa then they would have to pay £1100 for a new one! Scared that they would have to wait longer if they went else where they raided their savings and paid. The delivery was rearranged. And the sofa delivered. The company head office have taken the side of the sales assistant as they do not make mistakes. For a company that makes no mistakes I'm surprised that the blue sofa that they ordered has arrived.... and it's black! Never use harveys furniture! They lie, they make several mistakes and the saddest point, they leave the elderly without somewhere to sit or out of pocket!"
"Received a text confirming delivery and a phone call confirming delivery within one and half hours. 3 hours later received phone call from the delivery driver stating he would not be coming as he was out of driving hours. When I called to complain the people I spoke to including a manager could not give me an alternative delivery time and date due to the item not being returned to the warehouse. They seemed oblivious to the inconvenience caused to myself and trotted out stock answers. The manager promised a call back the following morning. This did not happen until16:50"
"On just waiting for nearly over 3 months for our new Anso two x three seater settee costing me a few Thousand pounds ,We had to call them out to look at the quality issues we found straight away. So yes they have just had a inspection after 3 days in our house from a Allocated company Harveys send out as we have massive issues with one side of the settee being shorter from seat to floor ,then the other settee being totally different overall height to again seat to floor.Also marks in both settee inside arms as well as the way they already look with leather streching .They look more like 5 months old than only three days old very unhappy with the quality of these goods .Now we have to wait up to a week to see what they wish to do as have stated want then replaced with perfict fit for purpose settee that represent what we should have got to start with.If i dont get satisfaction i will Sue Harveys for causing me distress mis selling me as we also paid for better quality leather so beware as they dont just keep you waiting for a lont time to make the goods they come not right one very unhappy customer ...PART 2 Today the 5 march 2016 had our 3rd replacement delivered from Harveys first issue started when the Delivery team knew nothing about taking back the Damaged 3 seater settes x 2 lots ,then they wanted to walk all over our Cream carpets without proving footwear protection .So they went away came back a few Hours later after calling there people who told them there was a pick up like i stated to them .They then spent nearly a Hour taking out the old 2 settee and bringing in the new settee had a massive struggle fitting them together forgot to cut the underneath plastic straps so we could not recline them out .After we sorted that out after they damaged my lounge door after i pointed out there was Marks on the new Settee and taking Pictures they left .One of the foreign Delivery team told me they had same issues at customer before us also told us he only has been doing the job 3 weeks his mate the driver after spending some time sussing out what i had in my home being over nosey told us it was his first day on the job .All great not as was promised a experienced caring team to rub salt into the wounds one of the delivery drivers smelt like he had not had a bath in weeks ,so Monday morning will be on the phone to Harveys Md team to ask for my money Back so so annoyed as first orginal order was placed in May 2015 so nearly 10 months later the grief carrys on .People i really would advise you to not BUY from this most unfit Company remember just to call there customer services will take a minium of 20 minutes on a good day you all have been Warned ."
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.58 based on 40 reviews