Harveysfurniture Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

Tell us how Harveysfurniture made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"Absolute joke my sofa was due to be delivered tomorrow but rang to say it wasn’t coming I rang them and they wouldn’t speak to me as they had my name down different to the one i told them it was no fault of mine it was someone at the york store where i bought it from the store admitted this but still they wouldn’t speak to me as the computer couldn’t rectify the name so I had to email my identity and also the bill I am currently waiting in a queue to speak to someone but I started off in18th place after waiting 20 minutes I am now in 10th place never again will i buy from Harvey’s"
Are you Harveysfurniture? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I've just had my third conversation with these jokers and I'm now at the end of my tether with them. My fiancee and I ordered a sofa and two footstools, and were given a confirmed delivery date of Friday 16th November. We sold our sofa during that week and my parents booked the day off work to be in for delivery. Three days before delivery we received a text message saying that delivery had been cancelled and they'd be in touch letting us know a new date of delivery. After a few days of hearing nothing I called them and was on hold for nearly 40 minutes. I spoke to a customer advisor who told me that they honestly had no idea when the delivery would now take place but they would call us on Tuesday 27th with a definitive answer. Again we received no call on the Tuesday so once again I called them and was on hold for 56 minutes this time. The chap at the end of the phone admitted that he had no idea if our order could be fulfilled due to an issue with an Italian factory but to call back on Friday as management were getting involved and they should know more by then. To be fair, both of these customer advisors were apologetic and spoke about compensating us if we wished to continue with the order. So today I called up again (32 minutes on hold) and I had the pleasure of speaking with Edward. Edward announced that he could not speak to me about anything to do with the order as it is in my fiancee's name, and infact he is going to report the two people I previously spoke to. I was then put through to his manager Pav who again stated there was going to be an internal investigation looking into the conduct of the two members of staff I'd previously spoken with. I ended the call in disbelief, furious at their service once again. Instead of wasting their time on this nonsense could they not use it more effectively to organise the delivery of our sofa we have paid for, or at least let us know a rough timeframe...1 month...2 months...6 months...a year? Or maybe spend more time answering phones so customers don't waste any more of their lives on hold to this company. This is without doubt the most embarrassingly run company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with...an absolute shambles. Two weeks after the supposed delivery we still have no sofa, no due date, no confirmation they can even fulfil our order, we've received no phone calls, and now after spending a combined total of over 2 hours on hold on the phone I am no longer allowed to chase any of this up. The most underserving one star rating of all time!"
"very disappointed with the service that the this company has provided, first week of October we ordered a nice dining table set and since then till now I haven't received nothing.when I ordered they said it will take 2 weeks but that wasn't true. I called them so many times for them to give me a delivery date and time so I can take off from work and receive the goods but they lie to me because they never turn up with the furniture. yesterday 14/nov/2018 I called them again and they said sorry we had a problem with out system your next delivery time will be for Christmas time. Terrible service, I prefer them to tell me the true and say it will take this time bla bla bla, but to lie giving a wrong date for a delivery that doesn't exist and making me take the day off from work is just not right! I had to cancel this furniture and the finance because I am not happy at all with the service Harvey's has provided, their customer service team is terrible, I wish someone from Harveys can access my account for them to see how many times I have called on regards to my furniture, and to understand why I am so disappointed. my order number was: 70104831"
"Just to let everyone know I today got my money back from my credit card company under section 75 Harvey can now go swing for the sofa they seem unable to deliver"
"I was warned about harveys customer service and delivery estimates by various people and boy they haven't let me down. I ordered a sofa on line mid December and its knocking on to march's door and still im without a sofa. I have called harveys and the reply from the service team was "it isn't showing in as being ready for delivery, it could be in by the end of march or the month after" then promptly ended the call. I seriously wouldn't recommend going here if you need your furniture within 6 months, very poor"
"Harveys furniture have got to be the worst retailer i have ever dealt with...do not buy products from them, they insist on your money then fail to deliver. I ordered my suite 6 months ago, was told 16 weeks delivery...told a month ago (already a month late) that product was in the warehouse awaiting delivery to me...too full payment from me. Two aborted delivery dates (with all the resultant loss of time, earnings, inconvenience etc) promises that it is on route i.e. your order is no 6 on today's lorry, no 8 on todays lorry..all untruths, they now admit that they lost my furniture and don't really know where it is, why its late of when it will be delivered..customer care is non existent so have written to the MD, you never know, maybe someone might listen and try to help, but I doubt it.. looks like small claims court here i come."
"Sofa never turned up. Harvey's don't care about there customers. Still waiting 1 week on still no update when my sofa will arrive!!!! Shocking customer service!!!"
"I don’t usually leave bad reviews however, I think I should warn any potential future customers of the dreadful company. Stay away from them. I purchased a sofa on 9th of January and promised a delivery within 9 weeks. They called me that mid march to say the sofa is ready and I would have to pay the balance and arrange delivery. I have paid and arranged delivery however, their delivery partners DHL called me the previous evening prior delivery that there is a delay (no reason given) and they will call me to rearrange. Since then, I have been trying to speak to customer services at Harveys with no luck. DHL are also unreachable. I understand delays can occur however, the lack of communication and the fact that they dont seem to care after they got my money angers me. Luckily, I paid with a credit card and will be disputing the transaction. Appalling company, shut it down and go home..."
"Placed an order for a sofa in the beginning of October for end of November delivery. Just before Christmas (while I have been sitting on the floor for 2 months I am told that they cannot delver until January. Panic buy an Ikea sofa to save Christmas. In January I am told it will be delivered in mid February. I wait at home for delivery in February and then I am told it will be delivered one day later. I tell them not to do so as I ma travelling ...but next day I get a call as they try to deliver anyway (while I am out of the country). Postponed by one MONTH again as computer systems do not allow anything else!!!! ("We need to let the delivery fail first!") One month later I wait for delivery - I even call them in the morning and they say that the sofa will be delivered. Except that I get a call at 11 that it cannot be delivered as it is in the other warehouse. They are not allowed to call the other warehouse!! Finally somebody starts breaking the rules and asks for manager permission to call the other warehouse and they find the sofa. Sofa is delivered six months (half a YEAR) late after 25-30 calls to customer services (5-60 mins each), numerous promises to call me back but nobody did until last week. These guys will go out of business - it's 2019 now and their systems are just unbelievable inflexible and costly to manage. Promised max compensation but that is not good enough."
"Ordered sofa online. Was told 6 weeks delivery time. As six week approached I contacted Harvey's to give me a date as had no email or text at all since purchased. Was told 26th March. I rang again on 23rd march to double check and was told definitely 26th. I rang DHL to confirm this was correct and they confirmed 26th March between 12 and 4pm. Got rid of my old sofa and booked time off work ready for deliver. Got a call from DHL at 2pm on 26th March to say it will not be getting delivered as it has been lost by Harvey's. I rang Harvey's and they said it has been lost by DHL. Had no explanation or phone call since which I was promised. Nearly impossible to speak to either of them. Finally got in touch with Harvey's on 29th March still no update and the advisor wouldn't let me speak to a manager. I spoke to DHL on 30th March and still no update. Unbelievable how tm2 well known companies can be so poor. Very disappointed. I just want to know when and if my sofa I have already paid for will actually come."
"I am absolutely appalled by the service (or lack thereof) Harvey's have provided to customers and the complete disdain they have treated us with. Back in October we ordered a sofa from their White City store in Manchester with an expected delivery date of mid November. This did not arrive. after weeks of wondering what had happened (which involved numerous amounts of to-ing and fro-ing with rude staff over the phone via their customer service line and being put on hold for up to an hour at a time) we were finally told there had been a fault with one of their suppliers in Italy and hence the order would now not arrive until February. You offered us £400 reduced price by way of compensation which we accepted (we went in store to make sure this was confirmed but that is another story) expecting delivery at the end of February. We finally receive a confirmation email that delivery was expected yesterday and after a complete no-show, as predicted we AGAIN had to call your customer service line to be told that the sofa was in fact "pulled off the lorry yesterday due to a quality control issue". NOONE informed us beforehand and my husband had taken the day off work to await a sofa that was NEVER going to arrive. We were told by their customer service team that someone will be calling us in the next 24-48 hours but have got this call? I WONDER??? NO. This is completely UNACCEPTABLE and I would like a response ASAP as to what exactly Harvey's plan do about it. We will be cancelling our order if this is the level of disrespect you show customers. You deserve to lose custom over this Trading Standards will also be duly informed."
"To be honest, ordered my two settee's on the 29th of Dec 2018, with the promise from the salesman in Shirley, Solihull that they would be delivered within 4 weeks. Then told they wouldn't be delivered till the 11th of March. Then I was rang to day that they wouldn't be able to be delivered till the 15th of March 2019. Disgusting service & lied to all along by the Harvey's salesman. Will never shop with this company again."
"I ordered a sofa on 24/11/18 and given a delivery date of 7 weeks. Then told lies about why there's a delay taken off van like I did something wrong omg so I give them one last chance to ring me with temporary loan sofa until mine is ready. Please don't tell these lies as they are ridiculous."
"Terrible Customer Service I have been having issues with Harveys for almost one year now, and I am still waiting on them to sort out the outstanding issues. I have tried to call their customer service number several times and I am usually 23rd or 24th in the queue, I am not prepared to sit at the end of a phone for god knows how long as I suffer health issues. I have also sent about 20 emails to them and they just send an automated response, saying they will be in touch, then I hear nothing. I am going to keep putting on these negative reviews until they contact me and sort this deplorable situation out. Shame on you Harveys."
"SPARE YOURSELF THE DISAPPOINTMENT &… SPARE YOURSELF THE DISAPPOINTMENT & STRESS! Waited 8 weeks for a dining table & chairs. Finally arrived today - table delivered flat-pack & nothing was unpacked as other furniture stores do on delivery. More like an Ikea/Argos delivery. Opened first box to find chair with leg snapped in half. No damage to box so must have been packed broken. Opened table box to find table top scuffed - packaging was damaged on outside so had clearly been mishandled. Called store but they refused to deal with this (didn't we buy it from them??) Told us to call customer services. Called promptly. This was an hour ago. Still on hold, number 15 in queue... will update review if anyone actually answers the phone.... Cannot stress how disappointed we are & how worried we are about trying to get a refund. A day off work wasted on the delivery & will now have to take another day off (UNPAID) for them to collect again 😭 Wish we had seen other reviews first - would never have used Harvey's if we had known about their poor reputation."
"I would give less stars if I had the option! Ordering the table in store - This was hard work in itself... We had been followed around the store for a good 10 minutes by a member of staff who clearly wanted a sale. When I finally gave him one, I had to more or less do it myself as he appeared to not know really what he was doing. Delivery day - I tried to call customer services to see what was happening when my time slot had been and gone but was told I would be on hold for 89 minutes 50 minutes later than the original time slot of 7am-1pm, the doorbell rang. There was no greeting from the delivery driver, more of a grumpy “where do you want it leaving?”. No apology or recognition of being late. I understand than these things happen and sometimes it can’t be helped but a courtesy call or a simple apology would have been appreciated. There were two men in the van, however only one carried the items in (8 chairs and one large oak table). He pushed the table along my brand new wooden flooring and left it in the hallway. He then asked me to sign for the delivery, which I did as all seemed ok and just left without saying bye... Opening the package - All was going well.. Opened four of the chairs and assembled them fine. We had a break from the chairs and decided to tackle the table. Upon opening the packaging, we could see that the table was severely damaged in one of the corners. Customer “service” - It was 5:43pm (keep that time in your mind). I finally got through all of the options on the customer service line to speak to someone if you “believe” your item is damaged. The line was ringing for around 1 minute taking us to 5:46pm... An automated message said “We’re sorry but our lines are now closed. We are open Mon-Fri 8am-6pm” .......... I hopped straight on to online chat where the advisor gave me an email address to send in my complaint and attach photos of the damage. The day after I had had no reply by lunch time. I decided to call on my lunch break (30mins) and an automated message told me I would be on hold for 55 minutes. I called after my shift and was on hold for 25 minutes before someone finally answered. I went through my complaint AGAIN and she took around 10 minutes to find my email on the system. She apologised and explained that someone from the resolution team would call me within 48 hours to resolve this (what is the point of that service being available if they can’t do anything about the problem themselves?!). I asked for a weekend delivery and my £39.00 delivery fee to be refunded to which she replied she couldn’t do anything about either of them and I would have to wait for the phone call. Two days later, a member of staff from the store I had ordered the table from called me to arrange re-delivery. I was told my delivery had been re-arranged for Friday 22nd Feb. I explained that I had used my last annual leave day to wait in for the original delivery and was told there were no weekend slots until the end of March 😡 I explained that we would need a PM slot for it to be able to be at all manageable to which she replied she couldn’t assure me this would be the case and we would receive a text the day before the delivery!! I then asked about the refund of the £39.00 and was told she also couldn’t do anything about it... I explained that I had been told about the resolution team callin me within 48 hours etc etc and she said they would call me AFTER the new table had been delivered. I was obviously not happy with this as I had already been told it would be within 48 hours of my original call. However, here we are... Four days later and still waiting for that phone call and with a broken dining table in the middle of my kitchen floor.... 😩😡 We have had to re-locate our nieces birthday party from our house to somewhere else because of the inconvience of having no table/a table laid in the middle of the floor. So overall, I think it’s fair to say that I am NOT happy with the service we have received from this “company” and I would advise anyone to STAY CLEAR and read many of the other reviews before purchasing from here."
"Purchased a kneller sofa in November 2018 because of the pushy sales tactic of the customer service assistant who advised us that under no circumstance would this particular sofa be reduced due to already being in the sale. Upon this info my husband and I bought the sofa outright and we have arranged delivery for March 2019. It was brought to my attention in January that the exact sofa had been further reduced by 150 pounds, upon this I attempted to call the customer service desk several times and sadly I failed to get through to anyone which meant the only way was to write a formal written complaint in order to give Harvey’s a chance to price match the sofa. My original complaint which was emailed on 2 January 2019 was completely ignored and I then escalated another complaint via the resolver platform. I have only met resistance from Harvey’s staff in that they refused to speak to me due to data protection and that they failed to provide an explanation to each of my points raised. Following on, the carlisle store did however contact me and honoured the price match to the value of 150.00. Weirdly the customer services team have taken me down a completely different path and have advised me I must supply to them my passport which in essence will allow me to speak about my case. Harvey’s have messed us about and have caused significant stress and sheer frustration when all we wanted was a simple buying experience. If you are thinking of buying a sofa double check reviews and ask upon payment that you seek a price match guarantee! Harvey’s, I will never use your services again!"
"How can you treat a customer like a peice of dirt Your honestly shocking 12 weeks of waiting for a repair that failed lied to through customer services of another sofa ordered no You decided to blame store for your lack of communication between irrelevant departments Then yet ive had to wait another 13 more weeks for my sofa to be delivered Delivery date 12th feb One of your advisors phoned to say there was shipping issues Now ive got to wait until 28th feb going over are you having a joke Should you really be trading ? Youve breeched a contract aswell And now you want to collect my sofa on the 12th are you having a laugh Waited 90 mins to get through And oh dont get me started on the compensation of £20.00 I will continue to plaster this and hopefully a manager director will see this post"
"No feedback on my order status. It's now been 12 weeks since my order, on hold for ages to be told it will be another 4 weeks. Also I called the customer services line at 17:20 on hold for 10 minutes to be told to call back in between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday. It's so frustrating dealing with this company. I asked for a deposit refund as Harvey's had not fulfilled their side of the deal, however as I ordered in store I will have to go to that exact store to discuss cancelling my order. This is probably the most incompetent company I've ever dealt with in my life."
"Went into Harveys Oldham Bank Holiday Monday in August 2018 looking for a dining table and chairs. Saw exactly what we wanted and ended up ordering not only the table & chairs but sideboard, nest of tables, corner TV unit & display cabinet. Was told all was in stock apart from display cabinet, and we had to pay full amount upfront. Was contacted end of October with delivery date for everything apart from display cabinet which was given a delivery date of 5/12. All other furniture arrived but the TV unit was the wrong one. They sent the large TV unit which was too big for our lounge so we put it in the garage pending a sort out. Numerous e-mails, photos & telephone calls later the correct one was delivered. The 5/12 came and went with no display cabinet. A new delivery date of 2/1/19 was given until a telephone call eventually came to say out of stock.. Needless to say we contacted customer services who eventually gave us a refund on the cabinet.!! We ended up being lucky! A trip to a local furniture store 'Lovicks' in Radcliffe , Manchester actually sold our furniture and the display cabinet was in stock!!!. A minimal deposit was requested and we were told we only had to pay the balance after delivery when we were satisfied. Furthermore, only 2 weeks after placing the order I have received a phone call today to say the display cabinet can be delivered this Saturday and there is no delivery charge. How I wish I had ordered all the furniture from this independent shop in this first place, Yes, it was slightly more expensive than Harveys but taking into account missed deliverys and time taken off work along with endless loops of listening to customer services prerecorded messages that would have been a small price to pay. The moral is try to shop independently where you can !!! ''Harveys you are a shambles, you should be ashamed of yourselves, an utter disgrace when it comes to customer service''. Independent shops can't afford to behave like this, the way you lot are going you don't deserve to stay in business !!"
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.18 based on 287 reviews