Harveysfurniture Reviews

of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

Tell us how Harveysfurniture made you happy
I don’t usually leave bad reviews however, I think I should warn any potential future customers of the dreadful company. Stay away from them. I purchased a sofa on 9th of January and promised a delivery within 9 weeks. They called me that mid march to say the sofa is ready and I would have to pay the balance and arrange delivery. I have paid and arranged delivery however, their delivery partners DHL called me the previous evening prior delivery that there is a delay (no reason given) and they will call me to rearrange. Since then, I have been trying to speak to customer services at Harveys with no luck. DHL are also unreachable. I understand delays can occur however, the lack of communication and the fact that they dont seem to care after they got my money angers me. Luckily, I paid with a credit card and will be disputing the transaction. Appalling company, shut it down and go home...
Absolute joke my sofa was due to be delivered tomorrow but rang to say it wasn’t coming I rang them and they wouldn’t speak to me as they had my name down different to the one i told them it was no fault of mine it was someone at the york store where i bought it from the store admitted this but still they wouldn’t speak to me as the computer couldn’t rectify the name so I had to email my identity and also the bill I am currently waiting in a queue to speak to someone but I started off in18th place after waiting 20 minutes I am now in 10th place never again will i buy from Harvey’s
I've just had my third conversation with these jokers and I'm now at the end of my tether with them. My fiancee and I ordered a sofa and two footstools, and were given a confirmed delivery date of Friday 16th November. We sold our sofa during that week and my parents booked the day off work to be in for delivery. Three days before delivery we received a text message saying that delivery had been cancelled and they'd be in touch letting us know a new date of delivery. After a few days of hearing nothing I called them and was on hold for nearly 40 minutes. I spoke to a customer advisor who told me that they honestly had no idea when the delivery would now take place but they would call us on Tuesday 27th with a definitive answer. Again we received no call on the Tuesday so once again I called them and was on hold for 56 minutes this time. The chap at the end of the phone admitted that he had no idea if our order could be fulfilled due to an issue with an Italian factory but to call back on Friday as management were getting involved and they should know more by then. To be fair, both of these customer advisors were apologetic and spoke about compensating us if we wished to continue with the order. So today I called up again (32 minutes on hold) and I had the pleasure of speaking with Edward. Edward announced that he could not speak to me about anything to do with the order as it is in my fiancee's name, and infact he is going to report the two people I previously spoke to. I was then put through to his manager Pav who again stated there was going to be an internal investigation looking into the conduct of the two members of staff I'd previously spoken with. I ended the call in disbelief, furious at their service once again. Instead of wasting their time on this nonsense could they not use it more effectively to organise the delivery of our sofa we have paid for, or at least let us know a rough timeframe...1 month...2 months...6 months...a year? Or maybe spend more time answering phones so customers don't waste any more of their lives on hold to this company. This is without doubt the most embarrassingly run company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with...an absolute shambles. Two weeks after the supposed delivery we still have no sofa, no due date, no confirmation they can even fulfil our order, we've received no phone calls, and now after spending a combined total of over 2 hours on hold on the phone I am no longer allowed to chase any of this up. The most underserving one star rating of all time!
very disappointed with the service that the this company has provided, first week of October we ordered a nice dining table set and since then till now I haven't received nothing.when I ordered they said it will take 2 weeks but that wasn't true. I called them so many times for them to give me a delivery date and time so I can take off from work and receive the goods but they lie to me because they never turn up with the furniture. yesterday 14/nov/2018 I called them again and they said sorry we had a problem with out system your next delivery time will be for Christmas time. Terrible service, I prefer them to tell me the true and say it will take this time bla bla bla, but to lie giving a wrong date for a delivery that doesn't exist and making me take the day off from work is just not right! I had to cancel this furniture and the finance because I am not happy at all with the service Harvey's has provided, their customer service team is terrible, I wish someone from Harveys can access my account for them to see how many times I have called on regards to my furniture, and to understand why I am so disappointed. my order number was: 70104831
Just to let everyone know I today got my money back from my credit card company under section 75 Harvey can now go swing for the sofa they seem unable to deliver
I was warned about harveys customer service and delivery estimates by various people and boy they haven't let me down. I ordered a sofa on line mid December and its knocking on to march's door and still im without a sofa. I have called harveys and the reply from the service team was "it isn't showing in as being ready for delivery, it could be in by the end of march or the month after" then promptly ended the call. I seriously wouldn't recommend going here if you need your furniture within 6 months, very poor
Harveys furniture have got to be the worst retailer i have ever dealt with...do not buy products from them, they insist on your money then fail to deliver. I ordered my suite 6 months ago, was told 16 weeks delivery...told a month ago (already a month late) that product was in the warehouse awaiting delivery to me...too full payment from me. Two aborted delivery dates (with all the resultant loss of time, earnings, inconvenience etc) promises that it is on route i.e. your order is no 6 on today's lorry, no 8 on todays lorry..all untruths, they now admit that they lost my furniture and don't really know where it is, why its late of when it will be delivered..customer care is non existent so have written to the MD, you never know, maybe someone might listen and try to help, but I doubt it.. looks like small claims court here i come.
14 week wait disgusting in this day and age a standard 3 peace suite took my money in full and at 12 weeks had a text everything was fine booked a delivery slot the next week got a call to ask about a delivery slot I said I’d already booked one she said that’s been cancelled as your sofa is going to be delayed by 4 weeks ordered August the 28th took delivery 17th of December 😡😡😡😡
Hi, all of you Harvey's victims! I bought a guvnor right hand sofa from the Birstall store Leeds. Delivery was on time, and I was happy with my purchase till 5 months down the line. The sofa was really firm, which was one of the reasons I was attracted to it. ( as I suffer with my lower back. ) Well, that as all changed now! The seats have started to sink, and when you sit in it, the sides are gapeing. The backs have also started to sag. My previous sofa was still in a firm sturdy condition, and I only changed it as it was too low to manage as my back was getting worse, and I was struggling when getting up. I contacted Harvey's about this problem and they sent somebody out to inspect. The man did a thorough examination, and sat on the sofa and said that he felt the sink too. Well, well, well! He then said to me that Harvey's won't do anything about it! ( I wish that I had recorded this!) I received an e-mail from Harvey's, saying that the report shows no fault, and that if I was not satisfied with the result that I would have to pay ( by companies listed by them,) to get a second opinion. The bloody cheek! I saved for months to purchase this sofa, and really can't afford to replace it. I contacted them again and was told the same thing. I requested a copy of the report, and nothing was mentioned about the seating going really soft, but that it was normal after usage. ( i'm so sorry Harvey's, not after a few months!) This company are absolutely appalling. I would never reccommend them to anyone. I now feel stuck, and refuse to have to fork out more money, to their partners in crime, to be told the same. They're all working together, so the result will probably be the same! By the way, I purchased my back breaking sofa in February 2019. I think we should all start a protest against them, as they shouldn't be allowed to be getting away with ripping people off. Anyone interested?? The more the merrier! We need to stand outside their stores, on the same day, all across the country, and show them that we mean business!!
My husband and I purchased two sofas from Harvey’s Derby store and one of the sofas arrived faulty . One of the back cushion covers on a four seater sofa had a discolouration  in it , of green colour in a  thick line right across it on a grey sofa . This was noted done by the staff at Harvey’s and customer services called me promptly and arranged for a technician to come out . A few weeks later the technician came out to me . He saw the fault and agreed it needed replacing . I also mentioned that the same cushion had not got enough stuffing in it and what can I do to correct this as there was a big dint in the cushion constantly even before we sat on it as it’s new and a room We don’t use often . The man told me the weight was correct which I understood then as you have a weight to follow , but he then proceeded to tell me to stuff it myself either going to a shop to get stuffing or using “quote “ old sheets and things “unquote “ I was shocked at this and said one I should have to do this when we have spent thousands on two sofas and two surly If I did do this it would ruin my warranty . I would not and have not filled it myself.He didn’t explain anything else just said we need to replace it and left . So I had to ring your customer services the next day to find out what the protocol was as I wasn’t told how long it takes for replacement , if I have to collect it fromStore or if it arrived in the post etc. I was told 2/4 weeks for delivery and a technician would be sent with it to put the replacement  on .He came  out to me in September . I rang  three times to find updates out as no one got InTouch with me after this time and Just over  Two months  later I still didn’t get a call back of an update of any kind  even though I was told I would get an update as it had gone over the time and they said there’s a delay on the part and they don’t know how long it would take . I finally rang again the other day  as it’s way over the time and no update to be told they had been trying to call us but no one had many any call to my phone as I have had no miss calls at all and I desperately want to hear from you to get our sofa corrected , and I’ve been calling for weeks to check up on this only to be told no update no parts . So a date was booked and I booked time off work today to be here for the technician, the technician arrived today and a lovely technician to be fair , but he brought with him the cushion cover replacement and it was wrapped in a bag folded and sealed tightly which gave it a crease in the material that marked the actual Cover so it was no good , then to our amazement the cushion cover was documented as a two seater replacement and mines clearly a four seater so the cushion cover was half the size it needed to be , so the technician could not fix the issue . I’m so fed up and deflated over this as I’ve patiently waited for  months and months for this to be corrected and still we have a faulty sofa . We have a brand  new home and wanted allOur new things to be at its best and it’s not . The customer care I feel is awful and it feels like I have been spending way to much time on sorting this out myself with many phone calls and timeOff work and STILL we have no results . We now know we have many more months toWait again for our part to be made and appointments made to get this in place correctly . I was so Excited to get our new sofas as we purchased  two and we picked Harvey’s because they seem to be the best and we loved the sofasWe found only to have all this happen and still have a  faulty sofa . We have rang Harvey’s derby but no one wants to chase this up for us we’ve just been told to Email you  here , AGAIN sorting out issues not caused by ourselves on our own . Harveys store did not wish to assist me with this problem but gave me an email to contact customer services so I wrote this email out and the email address is not real !!!! I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm yet another customer in this pool of complaints. Ordered a sofa in November which was due for delivery today, sorted the finance 5 days before which is mandatory to complete before delivery. We get an SMS saying sofas are ready for delivery on 11.12.19. My husband calls Harvey's yesterday to ask what time delivery will be done but they tell him the paperwork has a problem and they can't deliver till 31 December. We call the store and the manager forgot to click a button. They can't loan a sofa, they can't compensate in any way until delivery. They can't do anything and there is Christmas coming up we have no where to sit. The store says call customer service and customer service says call your store. We're hanging in the middle. Extremely poor service. I wish I read these reviews before buying from them. By far the worst company to deal with.
Worst company DUMP costomer service
One of the worst delivery service And the customer service is not helpful
Sofa arrived with damage to the fabric, had to wait months for a repair, getting our agreed money back was a complete farse. They won't give you anything without making you work for it, i'd never buy from here again!
After weeks of dialogue with the after sales team, who were unhelpful to say the least. Harvey's own technician agreed that the arm on the sofa needed re padding this is after having the furniture only weeks, and they refuse to accept an independent technician we appointed who was quite surprised at the state of the sofas as we had only had them 6 six weeks by then, we initially contacted Harvey's 31 days after delivery to express our dissatisfaction with the quality of the furniture as we wanted to go into the showroom to sit on the actual furniture we purchased to make sure that we weren't mistaken about the quality as we both knew for sure that the furniture we ordered wasn't the same as that received. We are now both fully aware that we could have complained within 30 days and would have been within the our consumer rights to have the furniture replaced. Harvey's will not help us now and say our case is closed. It appears they are being as awkward as posible not to deal with the situation, this is after almost daily dialogue
I wish I could give this zero! I ordered a sofa back in August and received a text and email to say my sofa was coming in October so I booked the day off work and gave away my corner sofa in preparation. On the day no one from Harvey's turned up and I called and was on hold and hour to be told my sofa hadn't arrived in the warehouse since then I have made 8 calls in total and visited the branch in Oxford and messaged on social media to be told they don't know when my sofa will arrive!!! I was also told I can't be given a temporary sofa whilst I wait as my deposit wasn't big enough even though I was going to pay the sofa in full but the sales man convinced me to take 0% finance! Unbelievable!!! Today is November 24th and still no update and I have started paying by direct debit for goods I don't have and currently a living room with no sofa!!!
This company’s customer service quality and of furniture sold is the worst I’ve ever experienced..it has been 12 months and almost £3000.00 !! 1st sofa I had to return to store within 5 days..seat part just sinking right down..they at the store says they can’t do anything ..phone customer service ..after waiting over 1/2 hour for someone to talk to.. problem got worse!! TWICE after this I had to wait til an inspector came eventually it was deemed manufacturers fault...sofa replaced...this procedure happed again..this time the sofa took 2 days to find the same fault..once again inspector came once again manufacturer fault..ANOTHER SOFA!! Yes!! In the meantime we are sitting on the most uncomfortable bad quality piece of rubbish furniture for another 4 months till the 3rd sofa is delivered.!! Hopefully this different choice of sofa will be of a higher standard I’ll wait and see.in the meantime I phoned Harvey’s CUSTOMER SERVICE..they call it!!!!!! And asked for some sort of compensation what I received was an unhelpful ignorant phone girl..I asked to speak to a manager...the answer being they are on holiday!! ... eventually I was offered £100....!!!!! Well that is my experience oh HARVEYS FURNITURE!!!! I am going to post this review every 2 months to warn everybody and anybody thinking to using this company what to expect. Jeanette swift.
Truly awful service. My elderly parents ordered a set of chairs via the phone but when delivered one of the items was faulty. They were told that it would be replaced by the man that delivered the items. They didn't hear back and when they chased were told it would be dealt with. I called on their behalf and was told that it would be replaced, again nothing happened. When speaking to them they promise it will be sorted but never is. Neither my parents nor myself will ever buy from these people again. Recommend that you avoid.
For a year now I have had problems with my furniture. With two replacement sofas and now to told range is out of stock and unable to carry out repairs. I have been offered an amount to spend in store to replace said sofas but I do not want or like what is on offer or a discount to keep the furniture but the furniture is faulty. The discount is appalling and they have not taken into account my time off work for a technician to inspect the furniture, nor indeed the time I have spent dealing with this situation. This is the Louise range and I am sure she would not want her name attached to such sub standard goods and unhelpful customer service. I am a very unhappy and disappointed customer.
Sofa never turned up. Harvey's don't care about there customers. Still waiting 1 week on still no update when my sofa will arrive!!!! Shocking customer service!!!
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.16 based on 450 reviews