Yodel Reviews

7% of reviewers recommend Yodel

How would you rate Yodel?

46 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Mr Hacked Off

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Yodel in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Mr Hacked Off
Unverified Reviewer
"Waited all day for a delivery, eta was around 19.00. At 18.34 they text me to say they had try to make delivery and left a card. As I can clearly see the front of my house and road and my eyesight is pretty good, I saw no van or driver attempting to deliver my parcel or leaving a card. Some moronic driver who can't be bothered to fulfil his days work has now left me with the hassle of having to wait in all day tomorrow for this item. Idiots and Liars and that is just the drivers"
"Yodel is one big joke, they said they had tried to deliver our parcel twice, what a pack of lies, no cards left, we re-arranged delivery three times and still no parcel turned up although it was on the tracking system, their live chat is on another planet, ask them a question they not got a clue, fobbed off all the time, how this company is still trading is beyond me, cowboy delivery company and STILL NO PARCEL, stay clear of these idiots..."
"Lied about attempting a delivery - twice!"
Christina Benages Lawyer
Unverified Reviewer
"Quite honestly I am disguised with Yodel. 2 days ago I had a text saying you were going to deliver. I was in all day, then I had a text saying they could not deliver as no one was in. I was in all day there was no card to say you had called. So this was a lie. Then today you told me you had delivered I was out at the time. 1 hour later a neighbour came over with the parcel. You had not left a note saying were you had left the parcel Who your driver was if he had worked for me he would have gone out on his ear."
"Yodel have been not delivering my parcel for 4 days. It's started every day further down the queue. Customer service team offer meaningless assurances and don't actually do anything. Won't even let us collect from depot. Completely useless."
"Yodel were meant to deliver a parcel on the Monday so stayed home, then it was meant to be Tuesday, so stayed home, Then Wednesday when I tracked the parcel from being 15th in the queue for delivery, when it got to 1 I watched out the window as I wanted to lock the dogs outside when the delivery turned up. 15 minutes later the status changed to delivery attempted card left. I contacted them immediately and was promised a delivery later that day and to check online. It showed that the parcel was down for delivery. The status then changed to "Yodel will deliver a Parcel within 72 hours of receiving it". They have had the parcel for 6 days. Contacted them once again and was told they only do one delivery a day and that they had already tried to deliver my parcel. This company would not know how to tell the truth. They are thick. This is not the first problem I have had with them. Previously they delivered a parcel to my neigbour supposedly for me. The neigbour just took it like you do. It for someone else miles away totally different postcode. It took three months to get it through their thick heads that they had delivered it to the wrong address. If purchasing from ebay check which courier they use and whatever you do do not use YODEL."
"Yodel could not deliver a parcel, several times. The company is a joke they lie and cheat which appears to be the way of the upper management filtering down to it's lowest employees. The company should have it's charter removed."
"They fail to respond, they directed me to yodel direct who sent me back to yodel. They can not collect a parcel, the house is very easy to find. Twice they have lied and said they failed to collect because no one was home."
"Yodel Direct is a Terrible company, run by Amateurs and should be avoided at all costs. Completey Useless courier outfit, there is a reason they are cheap, they're Rubbish. Sent a parcel that was no longer tracking after just one day so I contacted 'customer support'. In total I have contacted them at least 10 times and on every occasion the useless muppets seem to just string me along telling me what I want to hear but in actual fact do absolutely nothing. They also keep locking me out of my account. One person I spoke to, spent over an hour trying to reset my password and when I continually couldn't log in, they eventually told me it was because they blocked me, they obviously thought it was funny, wasting my time. After they told me thay had blocked me from logging in they moved me over to another agent, who then strung me along for 10 minutes asking me what the problem was, who then moved me again to another agent, they do this all the time. Every time I contact them they tell me they are waiting for a reply from the depot and to wait for an email, it's been over 3 weeks now, I haven't received a single email and still no refund or any sign of where my parcel has gone. I highly recommend using another courier who treat their customers with a bit of respect."
"Got email to say it would be delivered between 7.00 - 9.00pm. Having taken day off work waiting in for 14 hours the delivery did not turn up. Not even a courtesy email/text absolutely nothing. Disgusting service. When I contacted Argos who eventually contacted Yodel their excuse was "heavy traffic". That does not excuse someone waiting in for 14 hours without even a call."
"Abysmal company.Received an email to say parcel delivered, No parcel delivered and no card left. contacted Yodel they stated parcel was delivered to a neighbour called Hardy with a small garden, we do not have a small garden neither do we have a neighbour called Hardy, asked for the delivery driver to come and tell me which neighbour he left the parcel with, they refused, asked for the driver to give me the calling card to state which number he had left the parcel at, again they refused. They charge £6.00 connection charge for phoning them, bear this in mind when you contact them, live web chat not much better as it is not based in the uk."
"Exactly how others have stated, if I could leave zero stars then I would. Now, as a delivery company, personally I have had few problems, the occasional late delivery but nothing to majorly upset the balance... HOWEVER, they have recently delivered a parcel to my neighbour, during which time caused damage to my vehicle. The driver clearly [feeling above the law] failed to stop and report the collision for which he was not only witnessed doing but also caught on CCTV checking for damages to his own vehicle. I have made repeated attempts to communicate my displeasure and willingness to rectify the situation but all methods of communication end up leading me nowhere. The driver, I suspect, is a self-employed one but ultimately he, whilst delivering for Yodel, represents the company so I would anticipate a more professional response to this particular occurrence. Not happy, will continue to pursue."
"YODEL Connected With Live Support SHANDRE 30:38 Welcome to Yodel Online. In order to identify you, can I please have the full name, first line of address and postcode on your parcel please? I would also like your parcel number if you have it please? Thank you. You have now been transferred to Shandre JD0002256681841134 Delivered joshua hobson Delivered 1 pike law raod Delivered hd7 4nl Delivered Nobody seems to be able to tell me very much about my parcel Delivered It was wrongly delivered. Promised again today it would be collected and re-delivered Delivered hello? Delivered Thank you for confirming this information, allow me a few minutes to have a look, please. Thank you for your patience but as I can see the parcel was delivered and it says JOSH signed for it. well i was told over the phone it was signed by someone with a D and Y in there name Delivered and i wouldn't be wasting my time on here if i had received it Delivered I checked with my neighbours and they have not received it Delivered Thank you for your patience Joshua ,I do see a ticket was raised to the depot to conduct a driver's interview but the depot cannot get hold of him they will try again ,please give it some time as the timescale is 24 hours for feedback.I do apologise about the inconvenience. Well it has been 48hours since I raised a ticket. And I was told the driver had been informed to collect from wrong address and re-deliver. I even gave my phone number, so the driver could contact me, to tell me where he wrongly delivered it too. Delivered Something very dodgy about this service Delivered This is the last message from the depot, "Note Morning I have tried to call the driver no answer left voice message to call the office Thanks Geraldine yodel\geraldene.jones - Thursday 21-DEC-2017 07:44 (8 hours ago) " You wouldn't expect him not to reply to the depots call unless he had something to hide or avoid Delivered you can see my concern Delivered I am recording all phone calls and online chats. So i can forward to my supplier and for feedback for other customers Delivered Hope this is cleared up soon Delivered"
"Yodel went wrong that's what. Liars."
Douglas Rintoul
Verified Reviewer
"Terrible, they attempted delivery and left a card for me making no attempt to get a neighbour to sign for it even though those were the instructions from sender. I thought fair enough and went through the rearranging process for my next day off. Wasted my day off waiting and when i checked online tracking it was still at the depot. They have no customer service, you just get automated messages and a webchat service from a centre based in overseas. Used the webchat 3 times that day. The first person said it was just getting loaded on van when it wasnt, the second person said it was coming the next day when I wasnt going to be there, cutting me off before I could respond and the third person eventually said he would get a neighbour to sign for it. Will not buy anything online thats delivered by yodel."
"ITEM NEVER ARRIVED AFTER WAITING IN 2 FULL DAYS ,CUSTOMER SUPPORT 1/10 NEVER AGAIN WILL STICK WITH DHL ."
David Worthington - Tracking No JD0002256752076088
Verified Reviewer
"Congratulations YODEL, thanks for NOT delivering my parcel yet again. I have received your confirmation email regarding it's signed for delivery, and also a text message at 6-00am this morning, but no parcel. You really are the worst courier delivery company in the modern world, you portray a wonderful website, with all the information anyone can possibly need, but just try and actually use it, you're faced with "Rate your delivery" - "Track your parcel" etc, which then directs you to an "Invalid Session ID, Please try again". Next obvious step then seems to be, to contact you by the webchat facility, which annoyingly keeps hovering around the screen. But no, that constantly states that "We're talking, Please try again later" or "Sorry we've shut up for the day" Then the next obvious thing for anyone, would be to try and phone you, VERY WRONG, my Daughter tried that one, when something very similar happened to her regarding a YODEL delivery. I was charged £17-21p for the privilege of her using your premium phone line, whilst trying to rectify the problem, which only ended with me having to go to our "Local" YODEL depot which is a 42 mile round trip. The depot appears to have no address, only a postcode, which by the way, when using a satellite navigation system only takes you down a lane. I was lucky to spot a YODEL van, and followed it all the way to the depot. Don't even think that I will be contacting you by your premium line, I know the law very well, your contract is not with me, but with the seller. They will be sorting it, not me. I will be concentrating fully, on distributing this complaint on every available review site, inclusive of every social media site I can possibly think of, including the seller. Because I know you will just send me a standard reply, just like you do to everyone else who has the audacity to complain. But believe me, when I say that you are worse than useless, and that you really do need to concentrate on what the customer really wants, and that is not an all singing and dancing website that does absolutely nothing for them when things go wrong. You ask on your complaints form, what can we do now? Well after having waited in all day for a parcel that didn't arrive, awoken at 6am on a Sunday morning by a text, informing me that the parcel has been delivered, well were is it then? Do not send me a standardised letter of apology, it wont work with me. And as for compensation, put simply, don't bother, I will gain satisfaction from sharing my experiences with YODEL by every means I think fitting. Hopefully if this review stops just one person from dealing with the incompetent company that you are, then that will be good, but hopefully by using social media etc, this may equate to many many millions, and that would be fantastic. Thanks for nothing YODEL."
"You think YODEL delivery service might have learnt from their mistake last time loosing my parcel, but this again shows how incompetent this company is. Yet again they state they have delivered my parcel and absolutely nothing is here. I will wait around 7 days and then a kind elderly lady will knock at my door with my parcel saying yet again the delivery service you use are extremely incompetent when they cannot even read an address correctly. I will say to her I would of expressed that differently but yes they appear to employ people that cannot read! There is a huge difference between PARK HILL AND PARK ROAD! Do not use this service they are a nightmare."
"Worst courier experience. Here's why. Parcel JJD0002258592628333 was returned back to the sender. Reason, they can't deliver as refused? Access storage is open from 8am to 6pm and they receive parcels everyday. Replacement parcel JJD0002258743112390 is still with yodel for 8 days and looks like it will not be delivered. There phone number 08001577777 is set up with basic answers, no one to talk to but a robot. Very bad service!!!"
"Really Poor Service. I have been waiting for a parcel for 4 days now. The driver son has an accident and they lost my parcel. Then, they promise to deliver the next day and this never happened. Saturday they made wait all day at home and in the end they text me "No access to the property". I have been trying to contact them today and the customer service operator called MTIKAZI, just hang on on me without any explanation. I won't recommend this service to anybody!! Really rude customer service and poor rating in delivery success. I am still waiting for this delivery without the support of Yodel to inform me the real status of the parcel!"
Yodel is rated 1.26 based on 46 reviews